PDA

View Full Version : How about Lance?

mrblisterdundee
04-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Lance Stephenson has a 22 PER in the Pacers' playoff series against the Cavaliers, and is scoring nearly 20 points per 36 minutes, along with six rebounds, five assists, 1.5 steals and zero turnovers. Despite not shooting any threes, this is his best playoff performance ever.
Should we read anything into Stephenson's quality play off the bench for the Pacers? Is there something about the Pacers that makes him play better, or his he just a good fit next to Paul George?

Twolves88
04-20-2017, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't read much into it. It might be just the right fit for him. However, he has a limited number of games for exposure so i expect his stats to decrease over the series and over time next season. Also they are 0-2 if it was tied i would be more likely to point to his impact

Vee-Rex
04-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Lance has played well.

He brings an energy to the Pacers that just wouldn't be there otherwise. Also, he's blazing those mid-range 15-17 ft jumpers since we keep playing underneath his PnR.

colinskik
04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
I've always liked Lance's skills and was surprised when he went bust in CHA. But TBH I didn't watch enough of his games while he floated around the league to understand what was going wrong or how his game was off.

But during his first stint with IND and now, he's showing he belongs on a squad. And i mean that literally—one squad. He's kinda like Boris Diaw in that respect. But right now he's definitely a quality bench piece and possibly even a starter if he continues this level of play.

I guess it has something to do with PG shouldering the load while also having faith in Lance to do his thing. I hope PG stays in IND and they add another piece, maybe another point guard to pair with Teague or a 4 that's more of a difference maker than Thad.

cmellofan15
04-20-2017, 09:20 PM
anybody seen his defense?.....

Raps18-19 Champ
04-20-2017, 09:24 PM
That's why that contract was genius. Larry got himself a low risk, high reward guy. If he plays well, you got him for 2 more years. If he doesn't play well, you gave him $4 mil a year, which is how much 12th guys get nowadays.

IndyRealist
04-20-2017, 10:09 PM
The problem is that everybody else tried to play him as a traditional SG. With the Pacers, when Lance is on the floor the ball is generally in his hands and Teague plays off ball. His ballhandling, court vision, and slashing ability are all predicated on having the ball.

JasonJohnHorn
04-20-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm happy for him. I hope he keeps this up and we see him reach his full potential. There is an all-star in that guy.

mrblisterdundee
04-21-2017, 12:53 AM
I hope PG stays in IND and they add another piece, maybe another point guard to pair with Teague or a 4 that's more of a difference maker than Thad.

Teague's a pretty solid point guard, so I'd focus on power forward. Griffin and Millsap are good targets. Terrence Jones can be a good power forward for Indiana, and I think he has room for significant growth.

mrblisterdundee
04-21-2017, 12:55 AM
anybody seen his defense?.....

He seemed to be a decent defender during his last stint in Indiana. I don't really know about now.

IndyRealist
04-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Teague's a pretty solid point guard, so I'd focus on power forward. Griffin and Millsap are good targets. Terrence Jones can be a good power forward for Indiana, and I think he has room for significant growth.

I don't think Terrence Jones becomes better than Thad Young, and that's who he'd be replacing. Nerlens Noel is exactly what they need.

TrueFan420
04-21-2017, 06:29 PM

Do they have the cap space to go after griffin? He and George would make an interesting combo in the east

Firefistus
04-21-2017, 06:52 PM
If Griffon would go to Indiana, I hear he likes big markets. Lance hasn't been there defensively though. They've been putting him on LeBron and LeBron scored 42 points last game....

Course, I guess they throw everything at LeBron.

IKnowHoops
04-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Lance has been very good. I tell people all the time. Comfort zone is so important. Just because lance was meh at MN doesn't mean he can't be very good somewhere else. In Indiana he is a low budget assassin. He's a mark on MN.