PDA

View Full Version : How well would your current five favorite players do in a season?

NetsPaint
04-19-2017, 07:58 PM
These five active players are carrying the team.

1. Vince Carter
2. Stephen Curry
3. Derrick Rose
4. Ricky Rubio
5. Dwyane Wade

Curry would be the starting PG, Wade the starting SG, and Carter the starting SF. Good starting line-up, and the shooting and scoring could be good/great. However the bigs would be average, so my top five would need to be consistent on defense. Also Carter is 40, so he's gonna be preserving himself to play solid. Wade would provide penetration for Curry and Carter.

Rubio would be the back-up PG, and Rose would be the SG, for the most part anyway. Considering outside my favorite current players are average, Rubio could be huge because of his passing. Rose's speed and athleticism could work well with Rubio's passing. Rose also would provide a lot of penetration, which could also be great if when he's on the floor with Curry and Carter.

How many wins would this team have? Tough. Those five players are very talented and experienced, but only one is a SF. Also there's the age and health thing. I think Curry would lead this team to at least 30+, but I don't know.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 12:17 PM
my favorite 5 current players?

Towns
LeBron
Leonard
Rubio
McCollum

they probably kill teams I am guessing

mrblisterdundee
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
1. Westbrook
2. McCollum
3. Crowder
4. Leonard
5. Gobert

They're running teams off the court, locking them down and killing them from three.

ewing
04-20-2017, 12:25 PM
My 5 favs

Boris Diaw
Russ
KP
Brandon Jennings
joe ingles

KL is my 6th man

IDK

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 12:27 PM
My 5 favs

Boris Diaw
Russ
KP
Brandon Jennings
joe ingles

KL is my 6th man

IDK

I love and hate Diaw. Like I love the fact that he old man balls all the time. But I also hate the fact that he old man balls all the time.

valade16
04-20-2017, 01:04 PM
my favorite 5 current players?

Towns
LeBron
Leonard
Rubio
McCollum

they probably kill teams I am guessing

1. Westbrook
2. McCollum
3. Crowder
4. Leonard
5. Gobert

They're running teams off the court, locking them down and killing them from three.

Had no idea people liked McCollum.

Vee-Rex
04-20-2017, 01:09 PM

I like CJ a lot.

My top 5 in no particular order:

Paul George
Kyrie Irving
Avery Bradley
Anthony Davis
Jimmy Butler

KG is my favorite all-time.

Vee-Rex
04-20-2017, 01:10 PM
MTM's top 5:

LeBron
Embiid
LeBron
Embiid

LeBriid

IKnowHoops
04-20-2017, 01:45 PM
1. Lebron
2. Towns
3. Wiggins
4. AD
5. PG13

PG Lebron
SG Wiggins
SF PG13
PF AD
C Towns

They would easily win the chip this year. I like them over anyone else so far too.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 01:47 PM

except when he plays my Wolves (he destroys us). I love his classic midrange pullup game. Reminds me of the way I played haha. He has a nice change of speed game, reads picks well, is able to find bubbles to squeeze shots off, his balance is good, I just like his offensive game.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 01:48 PM
MTM's top 5:

LeBron
Embiid
LeBron
Embiid

LeBriid

can you imagine what this guy would do?

IKnowHoops
04-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Hawk, your Patrick + point break quote is pretty funny today for some reason. Brought me back.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Hawk, your Patrick + point break quote is pretty funny today for some reason. Brought me back.

I just got a t-shirt I ordered from Amazon with that picture, and it says, "Back off Warchild, Seriously"

IKnowHoops
04-20-2017, 02:01 PM
I just got a t-shirt I ordered from Amazon with that picture, and it says, "Back off Warchild, Seriously"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::la ugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh ::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OHGoodness oh my. If that was the tag line under your pic of Pat I would see you in a whole different light right now. That would make me want to pick your brain immediately. That quote is so amazing right now.

valade16
04-20-2017, 02:03 PM

Play 32 games in a season?

WaDe03
04-20-2017, 02:13 PM
PG: Lillard
SG: Wade
SF: Jimmy Buckets
PF: LeBron
C: Whiteside

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Play 32 games in a season?

with LeBron being his daddy (or mommy?), he would have the genes to at least play 55 games dude

Scoots
04-20-2017, 09:57 PM
Currently my 5 favorite players are not all in the league. Can we have them in their primes?

Mave1002
04-21-2017, 04:04 AM
Pau Gasol
Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard
Splash
Splash

6th: Devin Booker

Homer team = The young core + Josh Jackson and Anthony Davis

Zu/Randle
Davis/Nance Jr.
Jackson
Ingram/Clarkson
Russell/Ennis

KnicksorBust
04-21-2017, 06:50 AM
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Patrick Beverly
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Draymond Green
C - Porzingis

JAZZNC
04-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Cry about not having enough help while he sits on the bench in street clothes? We would all be witness to the process!

Lucky.
04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kawhi Leonard
SF: Nikola Jokic
PF: Marc Gasol
C: Rudy Gobert

Welp...

archdevil84
04-21-2017, 10:25 AM
PG: Dwill
SG: Wade
SF: Bron
PF: Melo
C: Aldridge
pretty bad defense, pretty good offense

Hawkeye15
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Currently my 5 favorite players are not all in the league. Can we have them in their primes?

oh that changes everything...

Jordan
KG
Dream
Bird
Payton (I actually have 5-6 guys I like more, but I need a PG)

arbitrarily, I love Alex English, Andrew Toney, Moses, Thunder Dan, Allan Houston, Xavier McDaniel, Kevin McHale, Dennis Rodman, Reggie Lewis, Rod Strickland, and BJ Armstrong. If I had to make a team with a mix, with my absolute favorite at each position, all time:

Rod Strickland
Michael Jordan
Reggie Lewis
KG
Dream

Hawkeye15
04-21-2017, 10:41 AM
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Patrick Beverly
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Draymond Green
C - Porzingis

how can a non-Rockets fan like this guy at all? He is so hateable, his style. Basically, the guy you want on your team, and hate him if he isn't..

IKnowHoops
04-21-2017, 12:23 PM
All-time favorite Team

1. David Robinson
2. Lebron James
3. Tim Hardaway
4. Tim Duncan
5. 3 way tie between Shaq/KG/Tmac

Not sure which team is best.

PG Tim Hardaway
SG Lebron James
SF Kevin Garnett
PF Tim Duncan
C David Robinson

PG Tim Hardaway
SG Tracy Mcgrady
SF Lebron James
PF Tim Duncan
C David Robinson

PG Tim Harday
SG Lebron James
SF David Robinson
PF Tim Duncan
C Shaq

Firefistus
04-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Oh man, my all-time lineup, this is fun. Since I'm a Utah fan I have to put these 2 in there.

Stockton
Pistol Pete
LeBron
Malone
Shaq

I'll admit, I would have a hard time picking Stockton over Magic if I weren't a Utah fan. And the ONLY reason I wouldn't pick Jordan is because I think Pistol Pete was one of the best (if not THE best) catch and shoot artist at the three ball, and quite frankly I would rather give LeBron the ball at the end over Jordan because I know with LeBron the best shot will be given. With Jordan the last shot will be him no matter what.

Jeffy25
04-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Five current favorites?

Leonard
LeBron
Paul
Durant
Towns

Not fair

Five favorite all-time?

LeBron
Stockton
Magic
Shaq
Jordan

Again

Gotta put some limitations on it to make it a game lol

KnicksorBust
04-21-2017, 03:37 PM
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Patrick Beverly
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Draymond Green
C - Porzingis

how can a non-Rockets fan like this guy at all? He is so hateable, his style. Basically, the guy you want on your team, and hate him if he isn't..

I like guys who play hard on defense... and Porzingis. :laugh:

ewing
04-23-2017, 11:03 PM
i'm going to double down on my joe ingles pick. This guy is a great watch.

Quinnsanity
04-24-2017, 09:24 AM
PG: John Wall
SG: Kentavious Caldwell Pope
SF: LeBron
PF: Paul Millsap
C: Nerlens Noel

I think that team's doing just fine.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Well... my fav players right now is likely CP3. Love Klay... love Leonard... love AD. So that would be a pretty stacked team. They'd just need a PF or C to share the front court with AD. I guess my favorite forward would either be LBJ or KD, but that would make that a bit lopsided. So I'll bring Duncan out of retirement.

PG: CP3
SG: Klay
SF: Leonard
PF: Duncan
C: AD

warfelg
04-24-2017, 10:00 AM
My favorite team right now would have to be:
Avery Bradley
Klay Thompson
Kawahi Leonard
Nerlens Noel
Joel Embiid

Good luck scoring.

Scoots
04-24-2017, 12:41 PM
oh that changes everything...

Jordan
KG
Dream
Bird
Payton (I actually have 5-6 guys I like more, but I need a PG)

arbitrarily, I love Alex English, Andrew Toney, Moses, Thunder Dan, Allan Houston, Xavier McDaniel, Kevin McHale, Dennis Rodman, Reggie Lewis, Rod Strickland, and BJ Armstrong. If I had to make a team with a mix, with my absolute favorite at each position, all time:

Rod Strickland
Michael Jordan
Reggie Lewis
KG
Dream

My favorite Dan memory was caught on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrI3mxxLnpc

Scoots
04-24-2017, 12:44 PM

He's an *** no doubt, but I like guys who succeed despite their limitations. Laimbeer, Rodman, Payton, Oakley, Mason, The Davis brothers. There have been a bunch of those guys I've liked over the years.

lol, please
04-27-2017, 12:25 AM
My top 5 fav's?

Curry
Klay
Durant
Lee
AD

wouldn't take a loss all season and would sweep teams to the Finals where they lose in overtime game 7 to the Raptors.

Scoots
04-27-2017, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
04-27-2017, 12:03 PM
My favorite Dan memory was caught on video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrI3mxxLnpc

that is amazing. Just out there getting bbq and snatches it haha

Hawkeye15
04-27-2017, 12:05 PM
He's an *** no doubt, but I like guys who succeed despite their limitations. Laimbeer, Rodman, Payton, Oakley, Mason, The Davis brothers. There have been a bunch of those guys I've liked over the years.

Rodman was one of the best athletes alive. Mason? Cmon man, the coast to coast drives where he just laid out anyone that tried to stop him were the best