PDA

View Full Version : Bron only needs 12 points Thursday to pass Kobe for 3rd all time in playoff points

Jeffy25
04-19-2017, 02:14 AM
And he'll likely pass Jordan this year for first.

IKnowHoops
04-19-2017, 02:23 AM
Bron is going to post all time records that will NEVER be broken. Best physical athlete I have ever seen pretty easily.

DarkKnight
04-19-2017, 02:40 AM
MJ is that much better than LBJ

LA4life24/8
04-19-2017, 12:15 PM
No surprise here. Bron is gonna go down (statistcially speaking, not legacy wise) as the greatest player of all time. No doubt about it. Esp since at this point in his career he's only gonna play for a top 5 or 6 team in the league. He'll have good players around him during the season to take the focus away from him enough to where even when he really starts slowing down it wont matter.

In my mind lebron will never be the TRUE GOAT but jusy my opinion and im sure a lot of people think otherwise

Hawkeye15
04-19-2017, 12:32 PM
No surprise here. Bron is gonna go down (statistcially speaking, not legacy wise) as the greatest player of all time. No doubt about it. Esp since at this point in his career he's only gonna play for a top 5 or 6 team in the league. He'll have good players around him during the season to take the focus away from him enough to where even when he really starts slowing down it wont matter.

In my mind lebron will never be the TRUE GOAT but jusy my opinion and im sure a lot of people think otherwise

I think the majority opinion is that he will never be the GOAT.

ewing
04-19-2017, 12:56 PM
another playoff counting record for Bron :yawn:

KnicksorBust
04-19-2017, 02:26 PM
I think the majority opinion is that he will never be the GOAT.

This. The amazing part is when people already write him off when his career is still going strong. "No Matter what he can't be the GOAT."

He's safely top 5 at this point. It's Kareem and then MJ that are going to be a challenge.

Dade County
04-19-2017, 04:17 PM
If he only cared about winning at all cost... smh

Chronz
04-19-2017, 09:22 PM
If only he averaged more than 2pts in the 4th that dallar series

GREATNESS ONE
04-20-2017, 01:10 AM
:yawn: awesome, wonder if he played 15years in the West..... which in the last 20 years has easily been the more difficult and competitive conference and it's not even close....

More-Than-Most
04-20-2017, 01:17 AM
:yawn: awesome, wonder if he played 15years in the West..... which in the last 20 years has easily been the more difficult and competitive conference and it's not even close....

well imagine him out west with those stacked teams... Maaaaaan Imagine him on the spurs/clippers/Thunder/Warriors etc etc etc... : )

cant **** on the east and not realize yes the west he would have a harder rode but it would probably be the easier route logically considering how much better his teams would be.

IKnowHoops
04-20-2017, 01:52 AM

I'm comfortable knowing that nobody has ever done what he has done or ever could even if they had Lebron's exact same road to travel. NOBODY!

mngopher35
04-20-2017, 03:45 AM
^agreed. Nobody travels like lebron...

GREATNESS ONE
04-20-2017, 09:03 AM

:laugh2:

Vee-Rex
04-20-2017, 09:20 AM
If only he averaged more than 2pts in the 4th that dallar series

Evil LeBron had trouble dealing with adversity at first. Good/Cavs LeBron would've done it.

RowBTrice
04-20-2017, 09:29 AM
At this point I'd say he's safely one of the top 50 players of all time overall. Probably #1 player at stacking his teams though.......and still not winning all the championships he should have

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 09:32 AM

Imagine if Magic played in the east during his run, instead of the cake west. My oh my...

LA4life24/8
04-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Imagine if Magic played in the east during his run, instead of the cake west. My oh my...
Yeah i don't care much for the what if so n so had played in the west blah blah, what if lebron playef in the wnba blah blah lol

Im glad bron was in the east kinda help balance the league a bit more.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah i don't care much for the what if so n so had played in the west blah blah, what if lebron playef in the wnba blah blah lol

Im glad bron was in the east kinda help balance the league a bit more.

I could care less as well honestly. And in reality, he should only be penalized if he fails to do what he is supposed to-make the finals every year in the east, where his team is favored. Well, he makes it every year, so why complain? Magic's Lakers played junior varsity teams in the western playoffs for much of the 80's. He doesn't get penalized, and he shouldn't. Why? Because his team nearly always beat the teams they should have..

LA4life24/8
04-20-2017, 12:00 PM
I could care less as well honestly. And in reality, he should only be penalized if he fails to do what he is supposed to-make the finals every year in the east, where his team is favored. Well, he makes it every year, so why complain? Magic's Lakers played junior varsity teams in the western playoffs for much of the 80's. He doesn't get penalized, and he shouldn't. Why? Because his team nearly always beat the teams they should have..

Exactly. Thats a great argument. Just as well (and im not a lebron fan its just kinda the truth) if the cavs dont beat (most likely) the warriors in the finals this year its hard to penalize him for it. That warriors team is pretty stacked lol. And after what bron did to em last year damn. It wont taint his legacy any further itd just make it that much harder to argue GOAT status with that many finals losses

MarkieMark48
04-20-2017, 01:00 PM

Don't let ESPNs flavor of the month broadcasting skew your thoughts.

Even the extreme majority of the Lebron fans acknowledge Lebron will not go down as the greatest basketball player of all time. In my opinion hes more athletic than Jordan, Hes better than Jordan in some aspects of the game, but I don't think he will ever be greater. The people that bring it up are the people that create the memes saying how hes not Jordan, and Jordan never said this, Jordan never said that, Jordan never complained to a referee, Jordan never flopped ect....

Personally I think the conversations should go something like is he the greatest player that's not Michael Jordan

Hawkeye15
04-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Don't let ESPNs flavor of the month broadcasting skew your thoughts.

Even the extreme majority of the Lebron fans acknowledge Lebron will not go down as the greatest basketball player of all time. In my opinion hes more athletic than Jordan, Hes better than Jordan in some aspects of the game, but I don't think he will ever be greater. The people that bring it up are the people that create the memes saying how hes not Jordan, and Jordan never said this, Jordan never said that, Jordan never complained to a referee, Jordan never flopped ect....

Personally I think the conversations should go something like is he the greatest player that's not Michael Jordan

I will probably end up saying that, though LeBron still has some chipping away to do to get to Wilt/KAJ for me.

And while LeBron is an athletic freak (he is a freight train impervious to injury), so was Jordan. His first step was as explosive as it gets, his vertical was higher than LeBron's for sure, and his in air body control was the stuff of legend

IKnowHoops
04-20-2017, 01:28 PM
I go back and forth with Jordan vs Lebron. Right now I have Lebron as GOAT. But I would not argue for or against it. Its just to close for me. I love both players and they are obviously both starting on my all-time starting 5.

valade16
04-21-2017, 11:33 AM
I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/oneipoAoVqg

IKnowHoops
04-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Instant classic

YAALREADYKNO
04-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Shannon Sharpe Nick Wright and Colin Cowherd are gonna drool over this. Biggest lebron nut riders I've ever seen

valade16
04-21-2017, 12:34 PM

Just for fun I looked up all of Magic's 1st Round opponents (NOTE: in 1980, 82-83 the Lakers had a bye in the 1st Round):

Magic:

1981: 40-42 Rockets (Lakers lost)

1984: 38-44 Kings
1985: 36-46 Suns
1986: 35-47 Spurs
1987: 37-45 Nuggets
1988: 31-51 Spurs
1989: 39-43 Blazers
1990: 41-41 Rockets
1991: 52-30 Rockets

Literally 1 team with a winning record his last year (well excluding his 1996 comeback season).

Heck, in terms of competition, I think you could argue LeBron's Finals appearances are more valuable than Magic's.

FlashBolt
04-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Shannon Sharpe Nick Wright and Colin Cowherd are gonna drool over this. Biggest lebron nut riders I've ever seen

Shannon is fair. Nick Wright is obsessive. Colin is okay.

Overall, I can't stand Nick or Colin. They're just robots with how they speak about LeBron. Shannon is hilarious, though.

Jeffy25
04-21-2017, 04:08 PM
He passes him and nobody other than a small line on ESPN mentions it lol

Jeffy25
04-21-2017, 04:26 PM

HAHAHAHa

Jeffy25
04-21-2017, 04:29 PM

Exactly this.

But should expectations mean that much in terms of legacy?

I mean, look at last nights game.

The Cavs should sweep the Pacers, but being down at half time should be on Bron's shoulders, right? The comeback shouldn't then glorify his legacy, they should have won regardless.

Hawkeye15
04-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Just for fun I looked up all of Magic's 1st Round opponents (NOTE: in 1980, 82-83 the Lakers had a bye in the 1st Round):

Magic:

1981: 40-42 Rockets (Lakers lost)

1984: 38-44 Kings
1985: 36-46 Suns
1986: 35-47 Spurs
1987: 37-45 Nuggets
1988: 31-51 Spurs
1989: 39-43 Blazers
1990: 41-41 Rockets
1991: 52-30 Rockets

Literally 1 team with a winning record his last year (well excluding his 1996 comeback season).

Heck, in terms of competition, I think you could argue LeBron's Finals appearances are more valuable than Magic's.

to build on all of that, they ALSO had:

in 1984, the next 2 rounds, the Lakers played teams totaling 2 games over .500 between the 2 of them.
in 1985, they got a .500 Blazers team in round 2
in 1987, their playoff opponents out west were a total of 8 games under .500 (only Houston had a winning record at 42-40)

Seriously, the Lakers had a cakewalk to the finals, the entire 80's. ANYONE who pulls the "LeBron plays in the east card" needs to educate themselves in history. Magic's road, especially considering his help coupled with the fact that he rarely ran into a 55+ win team until they met the east champs, was way easier.

I mean seriously, in 1897, their opponents out west were 119-127 that season. Cmon

valade16
04-21-2017, 05:10 PM
to build on all of that, they ALSO had:

in 1984, the next 2 rounds, the Lakers played teams totaling 2 games over .500 between the 2 of them.
in 1985, they got a .500 Blazers team in round 2
in 1987, their playoff opponents out west were a total of 8 games under .500 (only Houston had a winning record at 42-40)

Seriously, the Lakers had a cakewalk to the finals, the entire 80's. ANYONE who pulls the "LeBron plays in the east card" needs to educate themselves in history. Magic's road, especially considering his help coupled with the fact that he rarely ran into a 55+ win team until they met the east champs, was way easier.

I mean seriously, in 1897, their opponents out west were 119-127 that season. Cmon

:laugh2: funny typo

Js it any surprise they went to like 9 Finals in 12 seasons but only won 5 titles?

valade16
04-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Exactly this.

But should expectations mean that much in terms of legacy?

I mean, look at last nights game.

The Cavs should sweep the Pacers, but being down at half time should be on Bron's shoulders, right? The comeback shouldn't then glorify his legacy, they should have won regardless.

I don't think expectations extend to sweeps so long as they win. I mean if they won in 5 instead of 4 would it really matter?

Hawkeye15
04-21-2017, 05:19 PM
:laugh2: funny typo

Js it any surprise they went to like 9 Finals in 12 seasons but only won 5 titles?

1987...haha

Exactly. They better have won some titles with Magic, Jabbar, Scott, Coop, Worthy, and company, when all they had to get through were a bunch of 35-50 win teams..

GREATNESS ONE
04-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Lolololol hilarious.

YAALREADYKNO
04-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Shannon is fair. Nick Wright is obsessive. Colin is okay.

Overall, I can't stand Nick or Colin. They're just robots with how they speak about LeBron. Shannon is hilarious, though.

Lol nah man they're all bron nut huggers. Like we know the man is great and is a top 5 player of all time and can only move up but the way they talk about him you would think bron was there girlfriend or something

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Lol nah man they're all bron nut huggers. Like we know the man is great and is a top 5 player of all time and can only move up but the way they talk about him you would think bron was there girlfriend or something

Shannon ain't really a Bron nut hugger, though. His justifications are entirely valid. He's criticized Bron for pretty much all his faults. It might be a bit excessive but it's entirely fair as well. Nick Wright/Colin are otherworldly. It looked like Nick was going to kill Broussard over the subject of LeBron the last time they were both on-air.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2017, 01:57 PM
LBJ is fortunate to enter straight out of high school and get starting minutes straight away, because it will allow him to post impressive career records that will be hard to beat for guys who start a full year later.

But that said, this is an extremely impressive record, because Kobe Bryant not only had the same advantage in coming straight out of high school, but he also came out on a team that was essentially a title contender, so he was in a position to start racking up these post-season career stats as a rookie: LBJ didn't make the post season until his third year and wasn't on a legit contender until 4th season, and by that age Kobe already had three titles.

There is no reason that Kobe shouldn't have this record sealed up for another couple seasons, but he was only third on the list when he retired, and got passed by a guy whose played fewer games and fewer minutes, and has fewer rings.

LBJ is in his 14th season, and he's produced more on the court in that time than guys who were in the league for 20 years.

People can knock him because he had a bad series against Dallas, but he's consistently played at an elite level in the playoffs every year.

He's within striking distance of this record after playing 14 years, and only 12 post-season appearances (Duncan hd 19 and Kareem had 18 or 19 if memory serves correct).

That is jaw droppingly amazing. I mean, the guy is a forward and the only players who have more career play-off assists than him are Magic and John Stockton.

Let that sink in.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2017, 02:07 PM
LBJ is fortunate to enter straight out of high school and get starting minutes straight away, because it will allow him to post impressive career records that will be hard to beat for guys who start a full year later.

But that said, this is an extremely impressive record, because Kobe Bryant not only had the same advantage in coming straight out of high school, but he also came out on a team that was essentially a title contender, so he was in a position to start racking up these post-season career stats as a rookie: LBJ didn't make the post season until his third year and wasn't on a legit contender until 4th season, and by that age Kobe already had three titles.

There is no reason that Kobe shouldn't have this record sealed up for another couple seasons, but he was only third on the list when he retired, and got passed by a guy whose played fewer games and fewer minutes, and has fewer rings.

LBJ is in his 14th season, and he's produced more on the court in that time than guys who were in the league for 20 years.

People can knock him because he had a bad series against Dallas, but he's consistently played at an elite level in the playoffs every year.

He's within striking distance of this record after playing 14 years, and only 12 post-season appearances (Duncan hd 19 and Kareem had 18 or 19 if memory serves correct).

That is jaw droppingly amazing. I mean, the guy is a forward and the only players who have more career play-off assists than him are Magic and John Stockton.

Let that sink in.

you mean 8th year

The rest I agree with

KnicksorBust
04-24-2017, 02:27 PM

I would be okay with LeBron getting MVP... you?

Sidenote: I would rather Kawhi than Westbrook or Harden as well.

valade16
04-24-2017, 02:46 PM

I'd be OK with it only because he should have had the one that went to Derrick Rose so it'd be karmic balancing in a sense.

I'd rather see Harden win it than Westbrook, Kawhi is a very interesting case. Because of how under the radar he is and his impact that he may not actually win one, which would be a shame. Even as under the radar as Tim Duncan seemed he still got a couple.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2017, 09:36 PM
you mean 8th year

The rest I agree with

I would actually agree 100% with that. I put 4th year because they did make it to the finals that year, but I think it was a miracle they got there, and they were totally outclassed by the Spurs.

But yeah... the fact that it wasn't until his 8th year that he had a real contender but still has these stats while guys like Kareem, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Duncan were all rookies on contenders speaks to how impressive this is for LBJ.

JasonJohnHorn
04-24-2017, 09:38 PM

I'll back you up on that. Kawhi gets my vote, then LBJ. I think there's a case for CP3 too, as there is every year, but I don't think it's as strong this year.

But Westy, Hard, and Thomas are all deserving in their own way, though stats is not how I define MVP.