PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who agrees with charles barkley (isaiah thomas crying incident)

Kyben36
04-18-2017, 03:29 PM
I know Charles has received a bit of heat for what he said about Isaiah Thomas crying on the bench before game one. But i would love to hear what anyone else thinks. To me, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. The fact is, being near anyone who is graving puts you in an uncomfortable situation (I'm sure most people have been there) I don't think it was aimed at the fact that he should not be crying, or was hurting his team by being there. But it was a strange situation to have to deal with and be around prior to a game.

Personally, with how distraught he seemed prior to the game, I felt like he should not have been there. Its a rough time and he clearly was still grieving. And I am simply saying it for himself he could need some time away. That said, he still came out and played great.

cmellofan15
04-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Idk, your point seems a bit more empathetic than Charles. Charles came off as if his own feeling of discomfort was relevant in any way to the situation and made it about himself. You seem more concerned with him as a person which makes it a lot easier to see where you're coming from.

As someone who is very close to his sisters I can say for certain I wouldn't have the strength to do what he did. I admire the his conviction to get out there and play for his sister and think that his grief (as outward as it was) was completely appropriate given the situation and that there was probably no way he wasn't gonna suit up for that game.

Green_Monster
04-18-2017, 03:47 PM
**** Charles Barkley. Honestly. What a prick.

R. Johnson#3
04-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Charles Barkley played basketball so he analyzes it. Charles Barkley didn't lose his younger sister the night before the playoffs started. There are certain things you gotta keep your mouth shut on and that is definitely one of them.

JAZZNC
04-18-2017, 04:15 PM
**** what anyone else thinks in that situation. If he wanted to be there and felt like crying then so be it. Charles seems like he is the one letting his emotions (or complete inability to deal with emotions in himself or others) get to him. The man's sister is dead, who the **** cares how anybody else feels about how he chose to grieve? Teammates are supposed to be "family" and be there for each other....so be there for your guy and support him.

pacofunk64
04-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Nah I don't have a problem with what Charles said. Honestly, he just worded it wrong. In context of the situation you can tell he feels for IT but I just feel that it came out wrong. He even said before he started talking that he didn't really know what to say. So it just came out that way. There was no bad intention there.

JasonJohnHorn
04-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Is it uncomfortable? Of course. Somebody's sister just died. What on earth would make you feel comfortable about that? Should Barkley have kept his mouth shut instead of stating the obvious? Yes. Better yet, he should have made mention of how much respect he had for Thomas showing up to the game and being man enough to show his feelings about it, and then offered condolences.

What he said essentially translates to "Let me tell you about how this is affecting me." Do I care? Now.

Thomas is in a tough spot. His sister just died. Does he honour her by mourning? Or by continuing to pursue his dreams. Whichever he chooses is right for him. Barkley should be supportive here, or STFU. Yes, it is an uncomfortable feeling, but guess what, this is not about Barkley.

It's a hard situation. Just give the guy some love, support, and respect. How hard is that.

KB24PG16
04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
i think people are overreacting to charles' comments, not surprising given how easily people are triggered these days

Green_Monster
04-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Charles Barkley speaking about people who didn't like what he said: "Nitwit, scumbag, idiot, punks. You have no talent. It pisses me off."

What is wrong with this guy.

IndyRealist
04-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Charles Barkley speaking about people who didn't like what he said: "Nitwit, scumbag, idiot, punks. You have no talent. It pisses me off."

What is wrong with this guy.

He believes his own hype. At one point it might have been a persona he played on tv, but now it's just him.

tredigs
04-18-2017, 08:37 PM
I personally do not think that how I feel about how another man handles his own business is any of my concern. Certainly not worth taking on publicly.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-18-2017, 10:31 PM
Charles just said it incorrectly. You pretty much knew what he was trying to say.

mike_noodles
04-18-2017, 11:36 PM
Charles just said it incorrectly. You pretty much knew what he was trying to say.

I don't think this is possible as I don't think Charles knows what he was trying to say.

tp13baby
04-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Everyone twisting his words to fit their own agenda on how they feel about Charles. Dude is fiery but he has a ton of compassion. It is uncomfortable for a lot of people to see people crying, for me it is, and crying in this context signals distress. It would be hard to play after that and everyone is making a huge deal about Charles.

Quinnsanity
04-19-2017, 03:47 AM
What's the alternative, Chuck? I ****ing guarantee the Celtics would rather be slightly uncomfortable around a star teammate crying than not have that star teammate playing with them in the first place. The Celtics without Isaiah would have the worst offense in basketball. For ****'s sake Charles, say all the stupid **** you want about analytics but leave the guy who just lost his sister alone.

AntiG
04-19-2017, 03:18 PM

This. Charles just had a really difficult time trying to describe what he was feeling watching Isaiah cry.

BDawk4Prez
04-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Non-story.

Anyone with half a brain understands what Charles, with half a brain, was trying to say.

aman_13
04-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Yeah I was surprised this was even a topic of discussion on First Take.

kdspurman
04-20-2017, 11:23 AM
This. Charles just had a really difficult time trying to describe what he was feeling watching Isaiah cry.

Non-story.

Anyone with half a brain understands what Charles, with half a brain, was trying to say.

+1

cmellofan15
04-20-2017, 03:39 PM
I heard that all these nitwits, fools, idiots were complaining what I was saying about Isaiah Thomas the other night making me uncomfortable. Number one, I donít care what yíall think. I donít care what your mom and daddy think either, just for the record. But to insinuate what I was trying to ó what I was saying, Iím uncomfortable talking about his pain and then going to basketball. For all you nitwits, scumbags, idiots, punks, to try to make that a story because yíall donít have ratings and use my name to draw ratings, donít do that. You donít have any talent, itís the simple fact, you donít have any talent. Let me be me.

and people were mad at Bron for making it personal with his comeback at Barkley?......yeah okay