PDA

View Full Version : Giannis Antetokounmpo Saved the City of Milwaukee

SembLuc
04-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Not trying to spam, just here to share, if and only if you are interested. As a Milwaukee native, this is a local's viewpoint of how Giannis has benefitted not only the Bucks organization but the city of Milwaukee in its entirety. He is starting to turn heads in the NBA with his nightly highlights but he is much much much more than a walking highlight reel.

FlashBolt
04-17-2017, 04:35 PM
page doesn't work but he's definitely going to bring that city more respect.

SembLuc
04-17-2017, 04:40 PM
My man, thanks a lot for letting me know! I edited the post and the link is now a working one if you care to read. To comment about Giannis bringing respect, oh yeah. He is a freak of nature.

Dade County
04-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Series going 7 now. Raps still win.

The league eats this stuff up.

WaDe03
04-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Series going 7 now. Raps still win.

The league eats this stuff up.

Stop with this nonsense.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2017, 06:46 PM
wtf happened to our ginny fan?

NYKnickFanatic
04-17-2017, 08:56 PM
wtf happened to our ginny fan?

Banned.

TheDish87
04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
i mean the Bucks were 27th in attendance. what exactly did he save?

mrblisterdundee
04-18-2017, 02:20 PM
There's a reason why a website like armchairallamericans.com is the one "reporting" this, as opposed to a reputable news outlet. The state of Wisconsin spending $250 million half the cost of that new arena is what saved the Bucks, as opposed to Giannis. And there's plenty of evidence that these new stadiums are not the economic drivers the billionaires asking for public financial support make them out to be.

Quinnsanity
04-19-2017, 03:42 AM
There's a reason why a website like armchairallamericans.com is the one "reporting" this, as opposed to a reputable news outlet. The state of Wisconsin spending $250 million half the cost of that new arena is what saved the Bucks, as opposed to Giannis. And there's plenty of evidence that these new stadiums are not the economic drivers the billionaires asking for public financial support make them out to be.

Yea stadiums are universally bad investments, at least in pure financial terms. I think there's civic value in having teams and that civic value has SOME financial equivalent, but not what cities actually end up paying.

Giannis is dope, but settle down. Milwaukee would've been fine if they had a bad basketball team.