PDA

View Full Version : Porzingis skips exit meetings amid Knicks drama

mrblisterdundee
04-16-2017, 12:49 AM
Porzingis, the Knicks' most important player, is upset about the tumultuous state of the team:

Kristaps Porzingis skipped exit meetings with New York Knicks management due to frustration over what he perceives as the dysfunction and drama surrounding the organization, team sources told ESPN.com.
According to team sources, Porzingis is frustrated with the Knicks' lack of direction. The team missed out on the playoffs for the fourth straight season.
In February, Porzingis said there was confusion from "top to bottom" due to multiple changes in schemes by head coach Jeff Hornacek and the coaching staff over the course of the season. He said there was "a lot of stuff that's not clear" to players and that it was "hard to play like that."
- Ian Begley, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19160908/frustrated-kristaps-porzingis-skips-exit-meetings-new-york-knicks-management)

Dade County
04-16-2017, 01:05 AM
He needed to get his *** to that meeting. These big *** babies.

I like him as a player, but he doesn't have any power. Still under his rookie contract.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2017, 02:28 AM
he didnt have a great year for him to do this but i do understand why he did... that being said he will walk if the knicks dont fix **** which is sad.

warfelg
04-16-2017, 08:19 AM
The irony of this is his agent forced it so he avoided Philadelphia because we were "dysfunctional".

wiley6
04-16-2017, 09:00 AM

I like him as a player, but he doesn't have any power. Still under his rookie contract.

100% this. Just STFU and play ball. Don't be part of the problem with this kind of ********.

hugepatsfan
04-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Ainge gonna start some rumors and fuel speculation lol

KnicksorBust
04-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Thats what happens when your team leader is carmelo anthony. Never underestimate the power of having vets around. The only year we won was when kidd-chandler-kmart were on the Knicks to act like pros and leaders and melo just had to play the 4 and score.

Inagine Porzingis on San Antonio. Goodness gracious. Unfortunately it also shows weak character on his part. No matter the circumstance this does not reflect well on him. He could have expressed these concerns professionally behind closed doors to Phil and/or Hornacek.

I even think this speaks to the lack of respect Hornacek had with the roster. Nobody comes out clean in this mess.

Mr.B
04-17-2017, 03:03 AM
Would the Knicks ever seriously consider trading Porzingis?

More-Than-Most
04-17-2017, 04:04 AM

no... they wouldnt get fair value and would be moronic... he is likely gone as soon as his contract ends... He has no right to ***** and moan.... Its his 2nd season... He had his own flaws this year and now wants to cry like a baby? Phil is a virus no doubt but the last month porz has been talking out of his *** alot... one minute the triangle is amazing and now a month later and he hates it? The knicks are ran horribly... jackson blows... they cant get out of their own way and they actually made it where melo looks like the victim lol... Porz needs to hit the gym... shut his mouth and make himself better and the owner needs to fire phil... Its that simple.

kobe4thewinbang
04-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Really surprised by the anti-KP vibes so far in the thread. Would you want to field questions about which flavor of suck the Knicks sucked most? This sends a message to the front office to fire Phil's crazy ***, trade Carmelo, abandon the triangle, fire Hornacek, or lose KP who is likely the next Dirk. Y'all talking about his "ho-hum" season but he just said it was a nightmare to be on the Knicks. Their front office is very Laker-like with the D-Rose trade and Noah signing, the inappropriate nonsense by Phil Jackson, the insistence on an archaic offensive scheme, not pulling the trigger on Carmelo, re-signing him in the first place, and generally not constructing a promising group of players. KP is their best player by far and they need to right the ship or he will not stay and getting a contract above his rookie scale will not be a problem. Look at other teams. The Timberwolves are getting it together, the 76ers somewhat, the Heat are bouncing back, the Bulls made the playoffs, even the Lakers have fans buzzing. The Knicks need to follow the flow of the tide and start cleaning up this mess.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-18-2017, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't mind KP on the Bucks. Can have anyone not named Giannis, Maker, Brogdon. Giannis, Maker, KP be awesome triple towers.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 02:27 PM

I'd always be willing to hear offers but his value is not as high as it should be right now. The goal needs to be to let Rose walk and trade Melo to get back in the 1st round. Such a deep draft. Would love to unload Noah but we are probably stuck with that mess. Build around KP and big Willy. Shouldn't be hard to get some guards/wings in the draft and sign some high character vets. Let KP shoot the same amount of shots as Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins and see what happens. If we bottom out one more year then fine. We have our pick and will finally have a real core and some cap space again.

mrblisterdundee
04-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Ainge gonna start some rumors and fuel speculation lol

Boston would be a great trade partner, although New York would probably want something like Brown and a Nets pick for Porzingis. I might be willing to accept Smart and the Nets pick, considering Smart will be a restricted free agent and can guard four different positions.

TheDish87
04-18-2017, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't mind KP on the Bucks. Can have anyone not named Giannis, Maker, Brogdon. Giannis, Maker, KP be awesome triple towers.

well you wouldnt be able to get him then

Jamiecballer
04-18-2017, 03:24 PM
he's still a kid, that's all this tells me. not sure it's worth overthinking.

cmellofan15
04-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Well he's not wrong, but certainly not helping

europagnpilgrim
04-18-2017, 04:34 PM

but he is the future/quasi franchise player right now on a rookie deal so most likely they will extend him(or match) the max before letting him walk so he may as well use his power while he is still there and has youth on his side, its when you get old where all your power goes away, see Melo for proof from Denver to Knicks when he was younger and had all that power, now look at Melo at 32 with no power outside of that no trade deal he hoodwinked the Knicks out of, and still they are trying to trade him knowing he has that clause in his deal

good for the Unicorn

IndyRealist
04-18-2017, 08:16 PM

I see the team as not having any power. If he said, "Phil is senile and Dolan likes little boys" what can they do about it? Can they possibly trade him somewhere he'd want to be LESS than New York right now? If he gets to RFA can they afford to do anything other than match any offer for him, which is exactly what they'd do if he kept quiet? No, the Knicks can literally do nothing about him, and he can do whatever he wants as long as he reports for camp and doesn't get fined.