PDA

View Full Version : EC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Wizards (4) vs Hawks (5) Wizards win 4-2

kdspurman
04-13-2017, 09:18 PM
http://cdn.blogosfere.it/sportusa/assets_c/2011/04/NBA%20Eastern%20Conference%20Logo-anteprima-112x112-297649.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/220/thumbs/22091682016.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/219/thumbs/21956712016.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 -- Sunday, April 16, Atlanta at Washington, 1 p.m., TNT

Game 2 -- Wednesday, April 19 Atlanta at Washington, 7 p.m., NBA TV

Game 3 -- Saturday, April 22, Washington at Atlanta, 5:30 p.m. TNT

Game 4 -- Monday, April 24, Washington at Atlanta, 8 p.m., TNT

Game 5* -- Wednesday, April 26, Atlanta at Washington, TBD

Game 6* -- Friday, April 28, Washington at Atlanta, TBD

Game 7* -- Sunday, April 30, Atlanta at Washington, TBD

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/220/thumbs/415.gif

C: Dwight Howard
PF: Paul Milsap
SF: Thabo Sefolosha
SG: Kent Bazemore
PG: Dennis Schroder

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/219/thumbs/ebu8oyvdueqkcngdr1ygs6znp.gif

C: Marcin Gortat
PF: Markieff Morris
SF: Otto Porter
SG: Bradley Beal
PG: John Wall

Phillips Arena, Atlanta

http://i65.tinypic.com/5fmf7t.jpg

Verizon Center, Washington D.C.

http://i66.tinypic.com/161jntg.jpg

TylerSL
04-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Wizards in 5, John Wall is by far the best player in this series.

DanG
04-14-2017, 07:28 AM
Yep Wizards in 5, both Beal and Wall are better than anyone else on the Hawks.

Vee-Rex
04-14-2017, 05:07 PM
I think this series is going 6 or 7 games and I believe these teams are closer than people think. I do think the Wizards are the superior team but the Wizards for the past few years have had consistency problems.

When Wall is inconsistent and Beal is inconsistent it's hard for them to just beat anyone in 4 or 5 games. I'm picking Wiz in 7 though.

zn23
04-15-2017, 01:08 AM
Wiz in 6.

Bostonjorge
04-16-2017, 12:43 AM
I got Wizards but Tim Hardawy jr is going to breakout.

ewing
04-16-2017, 01:19 AM
I got Wizards but Tim Hardawy jr is going to breakout.

Wiz in 5. No he isn't

tredigs
04-16-2017, 01:30 PM
This series is only worth watching in order to see just how quickly Wall is going to eviscerate Schroder. Years old grudge coming to fruition in this series.

tredigs
04-16-2017, 01:34 PM
I think this series is going 6 or 7 games and I believe these teams are closer than people think. I do think the Wizards are the superior team but the Wizards for the past few years have had consistency problems.

When Wall is inconsistent and Beal is inconsistent it's hard for them to just beat anyone in 4 or 5 games. I'm picking Wiz in 7 though.

Definitely don't agree here. Hawks have one of the worst offenses in basketball, it's tough to imagine them sticking with a motivated Wall-led Wizards team with shortened rotations (Washington's weak bench will be less of an issue now).

tredigs
04-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Oubre Jr. is bad.

tredigs
04-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Scotty Brooks might want to tighten the leash on his terrible reserves a bit more. That's a very tough bench to watch, and they managed a -14 in 5 minutes.

Vee-Rex
04-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Definitely don't agree here. Hawks have one of the worst offenses in basketball, it's tough to imagine them sticking with a motivated Wall-led Wizards team with shortened rotations (Washington's weak bench will be less of an issue now).

Hawks have a better coach and and vets who will undoubtedly contribute to winning playoff basketball.

John Wall is inconsistent as **** and tires out quickly in-game and as the series wears on. If he isn't flying recklessly into the lane at 100mph he can actually be contained. Not too mention Beal is streaky during the playoffs.

I think these two teams are closer than people think in playoff-style ball. The more half court it is, the better the chances for Atlanta.

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 02:49 PM

Yea I was thinking it'd be 6 or 7 games too. I could see the Hawks taking this series honestly.

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 03:05 PM
What a quarter from Wall

tredigs
04-16-2017, 03:14 PM
We're seeing the Hawks bench crush the Wizards bench, and vice versa for the starters. Fortunately for Washington, the starters play more.

tredigs
04-16-2017, 03:30 PM
It's really sad that Washington doesn't have better options than a guy like Oubre Jr. Kid has NO place in a playoff series. Only reason why I think the Hawks might steal one or two is because of how poor that bench is. They are not winning this series though. Hawks are just not a good team.

Chronz
04-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Was looking forward to seeing playoff Dwight but looks like thats no longer a thing

KnicksorBust
04-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Wiz easily. They are contenders in the East and the Hawks have the weakest perimeter playmakers out of any team in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
04-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Dwight is a mess. He grabs a rebound and even kevin hart can block it when dwight goes up for a putback. This guy has zero explosiveness. It's sad to see how he's deteriorated but he's become someone who just rebounds.

tredigs
04-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Dwight is a mess. He grabs a rebound and even kevin hart can block it when dwight goes up for a putback. This guy has zero explosiveness. It's sad to see how he's deteriorated but he's become someone who just rebounds.

Speaking of Kevin Hart, wow is his new comedy special "What now?" bad. Anybody seen that? Such a wreck.
The girlfriend talked me into it. This dude took over the comedy world? Yikes.

Anyway, predicting another W for the Wiz here tonight. Should be a short series despite having the worst bench in playoff basketball.

tredigs
04-19-2017, 07:41 PM
I'll say again, Kelly Oubre Jr. does not belong in the NBA, let alone a playoff rotation for an outside contender. Maybe in a few years, but he has a ton of work before he gets there (if he ever does).

Vee-Rex
04-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Speaking of Kevin Hart, wow is his new comedy special "What now?" bad. Anybody seen that? Such a wreck.
The girlfriend talked me into it. This dude took over the comedy world? Yikes.

Anyway, predicting another W for the Wiz here tonight. Should be a short series despite having the worst bench in playoff basketball.

Yep Kevin Hart's stand-up is horrible. He's funnier in movies (and sometimes not funny in movies at all). Idk how he exploded the way he did.

tredigs
04-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Yep Kevin Hart's stand-up is horrible. He's funnier in movies (and sometimes not funny in movies at all). Idk how he exploded the way he did.

I've seen some of his past stand-up and it's OK (that recent one I mentioned that just came out on Netflix was BAD), but man it just shows how much grit and entertainment value pushes sales. I can just tell that he's not that funny of a dude compared to a Chappell or even a guy like Adam Carolla. Credit to Kevin Hart tho' - he became the world's richest comedian in history without even being very funny.

Another game of starters versus benches here in Washington though. Starters play more and they won.

Vee-Rex
04-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Damn Atlanta you had ONE JOB. Pretend like you're facing the Cavs and they win game 2.

eDush
04-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Damn Atlanta you had ONE JOB. Pretend like you're facing the Cavs and they win game 2.:laugh: I think the Cavs purposely lose those 2 games to ATL to increase the chance of eliminating Miami cause he still upset what Pat had said to him. The guy never forgets :)

ewing
04-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Alright the best team in the East pulls it out

j-bay
04-21-2017, 08:04 AM
The Wizards might have the best chance of beating the Cavs.

Lil Rhody
04-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Jennings off the bench damn

Tg11
04-23-2017, 02:13 PM
I see the Wizards either sweeping the Hawks 4-0 or this goes to 5 games

SenileStern
04-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Well not 4-0

It seems nobody cares about this series?!

KnicksorBust
04-24-2017, 11:57 AM
I had Wiz in 6. I still feel the same. Clearly the better team.

Vee-Rex
04-24-2017, 09:12 PM
I got Wiz in 7. I'd probably pick Hawks in 7 if they had homecourt. Wall looks tired this game so far.

I absolutely love watching Hawks home games. Their organist is the best.

tredigs
04-24-2017, 10:40 PM
I'm impressed by the Hawks the past 2 games, this is becoming a solid series. Didn't think it would be.

mightybosstone
04-25-2017, 08:06 AM
Probably the same way Dane Cook, Carlos Mencia, Larry the Cable Guy and (to a lesser extent) Amy Schumer exploded--people are entertained and love seeing the same basic joke shoved down their throats every night.

mightybosstone
04-25-2017, 08:09 AM
I haven't watched any games in this series yet, but I'm stunned that Atlanta is keeping it close. I caught a regular season matchup between these two teams and just thought Washington was clearly the superior squad. The Wizards had better wake up and hold home court in Game 5, or they're done in this postseason.

eDush
04-25-2017, 10:27 AM
I haven't watched any games in this series yet, but I'm stunned that Atlanta is keeping it close. I caught a regular season matchup between these two teams and just thought Washington was clearly the superior squad. The Wizards had better wake up and hold home court in Game 5, or they're done in this postseason.If you saw the final quarter yesterday, they were playing with a purpose where every starter were helping each other like teammates. Prince was playing like a top rookie in the playoffs and their HC can find ways to win even without stables like Horford and Korver. Not sure if the Wiz HC can do that so it's up to the highly skilled players to make it happen. It was a good final quarter, Hawks just had a much better one :nod:

ewing
04-25-2017, 12:51 PM
I thought the Wiz would handle this

tredigs
04-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Guess nobody here watched this, but that was an amazing game by Wall. Single handedly outscored ATL in the 4th to secure the series win on the road. And once again, wow is that Wizards bench bad.

Saddletramp
04-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Saw the last bit of the game. Bazemore got paid and really took a step back this year. Those last few minutes from him were atrocious.

Probably the same way Dane Cook, Carlos Mencia, Larry the Cable Guy and (to a lesser extent) Amy Schumer exploded--people are entertained and love seeing the same basic joke shoved down their throats every night.

Anybody catch Bill Burr's last special? He was killing it every special until this last one on Netflix. It was just......not that good. His set was funnier when I saw it in Houston a year or so ago. Lots of good specials the last year or two. Chappelle, Louie, Norton, Jeselnik, Cross, even Joe Rogan's last one was pretty good.

EDIT: Yeah, Wall has been playing great. All four series should be great next round. Can't wait.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Is it out of question to say Wall might be a top three PG? Just curious what you guys think. I never watched any of the games but from the buzz, it seems he's been amazing.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 12:23 AM
Is it out of question to say Wall might be a top three PG? Just curious what you guys think. I never watched any of the games but from the buzz, it seems he's been amazing.

Depends, do you consider Harden a PG since they say he's their PG?

If not:

1. Westbrook
2. Curry
3. Wall
4. Paul

ewing
04-29-2017, 10:43 AM

yes