PDA

View Full Version : WC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Clippers (4) vs Jazz (5) Jazz lead 3-2

Pages : [1] 2

kdspurman
04-13-2017, 10:35 AM
http://static.nbastore.hk/images/homepage/west.png?version=000000

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/234/thumbs/23467492017.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/thumbs/23654622016.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 - Saturday, April 15, Utah at LA Clippers, 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 2 - Tuesday, April 18, Utah at LA Clippers, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 - Friday, April 21, LA Clippers at Utah, 10 p.m. ET, ESPN2

Game 4 - Sunday, April 23, LA Clippers at Utah, 9 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 * Tuesday, April 25, Utah at LA Clippers, TBD

Game 6 * Friday, April 28, LA Clippers at Utah, TBD

Game 7 * Sunday, April 30, Utah at LA Clippers, TBD

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/234/thumbs/f9s4b7ubgr4z9xctfi81wgubu.gif

C: Rudy Gobert
PF: Boris Diaw
SF: Gordan Hayward
SG: Rodney Hood
PG: George Hill

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/thumbs/23641412016.gif

C: DeAndre Jordan
PF: Blake Griffin
SF: Luc Mbah a Moute
SG: JJ Redick
PG: Chris Paul

Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City

http://i63.tinypic.com/2wmdfh5.jpg

Staples Center, Los Angeles

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/6a0115709f071f970b017c32270418970b.jpg

Dade County
04-13-2017, 11:12 AM
This will be a forced game 7 series.

Hayward is a free agent after this, so even though they take a L this series; it still has to be very competitive.

lakerfan85
04-13-2017, 12:40 PM
I think the Jazz will win this series..

DanG
04-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Clippers in 6. They have the best player plus more experience.

MJNetsIsles
04-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Staples Center. Mandela Effect.

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 01:23 PM
one thing going for the Jazz is that is by the far the healthiest they have been all year. Hill has been healthy the past two games and has looked good, Hood is healthy, Favors looks like he has finally gotten past his knee injury and actually looks like he did last year. This actually brings up a small conundrum of who start between Ingles and Hood. Ingles has been much better this year, but Hood has way more talent and upside.

Vee-Rex
04-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Clips in 6.

mightybosstone
04-13-2017, 06:18 PM
I think the Clippers win the series, but I hope the Jazz take it as I think they'll be a bigger challenge for the Warriors in Round 2. I think this one almost certainly goes 6 or 7 games, though, regardless of who wins.

Quinnsanity
04-13-2017, 06:27 PM
one thing going for the Jazz is that is by the far the healthiest they have been all year. Hill has been healthy the past two games and has looked good, Hood is healthy, Favors looks like he has finally gotten past his knee injury and actually looks like he did last year. This actually brings up a small conundrum of who start between Ingles and Hood. Ingles has been much better this year, but Hood has way more talent and upside.

It's not a particularly good sign when your argument for someone's health is that they've been healthy for two games.

But I'm totally split on this one. Jazz are clearly the better team. But Clips have home court, experience and the best player, plus I sort of believe that they have another gear they can reach in this series. I'm gonna say Clips in seven. But I don't feel good about it.

Spanklin
04-13-2017, 07:16 PM
It's not a particularly good sign when your argument for someone's health is that they've been healthy for two games.

But I'm totally split on this one. Jazz are clearly the better team. But Clips have home court, experience and the best player, plus I sort of believe that they have another gear they can reach in this series. I'm gonna say Clips in seven. But I don't feel good about it.

I dunno man. Gobert's a pretty efficient machine. He might even be better than Paul at this point.

Scoots
04-13-2017, 07:27 PM
More this year than ever the Clippers mental aspects are the most suspect. If they don't get out of the first round are they more likely to get blown up? I think so, and they will probably have an effect.

WaDe03
04-13-2017, 07:50 PM
This could easily be the best/most chippy first round series this year. The back and forth comment between Gobert and Paul gave this a nice little narrative. I'm going to go with Jazz in 7 but really win be surprised either way. The Clippers big 3 may be too much for them.

Chronz
04-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Clips in 5 hard games or 6 with an easy elimination

TylerSL
04-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Clippers in 7. Home court will be the difference.

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 09:23 PM

I don't get what you are saying. he came back and played two games at the end of the season and gets 4 more days of rest.

JAZZNC
04-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Clips in 5 hard games or 6 with an easy elimination

Of course you think that homer!

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Series over. RIP Gobert.

Chronz
04-15-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm at the game. Fans laughed at the trip then cringed as we saw him crawling

JAZZNC
04-15-2017, 11:19 PM
And it's over as soon as it started....****.

kdspurman
04-15-2017, 11:22 PM

Hopefully he can come back maybe for Game 3. Really sucks for the Jazz and Gobert personally. His first playoff game

Ariza's Better
04-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Against any other team, the Gobert injury would spell the end for the Jazz. But it's clippers so they still have a good chance.

kdspurman
04-15-2017, 11:40 PM
Jazz still hanging in there. Great fortitude by them

tredigs
04-15-2017, 11:41 PM
Pretty much zero chance Gobert plays this series if it's an MCL sprain (if it's the lightest grade and they make it to 6+ without him, maybe.. but he missed a month with an MCL sprain already), which it looks like it is leaning that way. First minute of the game. So ******.

zn23
04-16-2017, 12:05 AM
Wow, really tough break for the Jazz losing Gobert. The series is over without him.

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:05 AM

sucks. your team is fun though. You still some creative fisty bigs. Blake and Jordan are going to get theres without the big guy but i'm not counting you guys out

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:14 AM
man i really think Rudy is a difference maker and they will miss a great helper but they really have some other guys that play great individual D

goingfor28
04-16-2017, 12:22 AM
Clippers need to get their **** together. With Gobert out they should be up with relative ease. Not so much halfway thru the 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Gordon cannot get himself going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:32 AM
how fat is Ray Felton?

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:38 AM
I love Boris

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Engels and Diaw picking them apart with the pass

lakerfan85
04-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Felton needs a cheeseburger..

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Wow, Jazz not giving up that's for sure!

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Felton needs a cheeseburger..

He wears the undershirt bc he is a fatty

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:48 AM
Wow, Jazz not giving up that's for sure!

Your team is playing great and they are great to watch

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Paul's got some bounce

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Iso Joe 0_o

ewing
04-16-2017, 12:58 AM
Joe has always had balls

mrblisterdundee
04-16-2017, 01:05 AM
Man; Favors is gutsy. That's rough, losing Gobert, but Favors is manning up at center, despite having no lateral movement or jumping ability. I've always seen him as sort of Tristan Thompson with a little better offense.

ewing
04-16-2017, 01:09 AM
Joe Johnson!!!!

Dade County
04-16-2017, 01:09 AM
LMAO Jo

mrblisterdundee
04-16-2017, 01:10 AM
ISO Joe! Seriously, though; vintage Johnson is the only serious chance the Jazz have of going deep in the playoffs.

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 01:10 AM
Joe Johnson... wow! Jazz played a fantastic game

Lakers + Giants
04-16-2017, 01:11 AM
If Gobert returns then it's a first round exit for the clips. Even if he doesn't it might not be LUL.

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Iso joe!!!!!!!!!

zn23
04-16-2017, 01:14 AM
If Clippers don't win this series with Gobert likely out, Doc Rivers needs to get fired immediately.

Every year the Clippers bench is a disaster. The bench got outscored 47-20. Rivers hasn't been able to build a strong bench.

Ariza's Better
04-16-2017, 01:14 AM
Seems like every playoffs people forget the clippers are the clippers, they always find a way to lose. Gutsy win by the Jazz.

ewing
04-16-2017, 01:17 AM
Iso joe!!!!!!!!!

congrat man. great win. I'll tell you that guy Engle defends. I mean Paul was going to his on anyone at the end of that game but that dude defends.

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 01:21 AM
Man what a win, the look on Doc's face afterwards was priceless! Dug deep and stole home court. It's a series now! Hopefully they aren't content with stealing one or just gassed out after an emotional win like that. On to game two babay!!!

Chronz
04-16-2017, 01:32 AM
This game really tested my new found sobriety. I love jj and Crawford but man I'm tired of every team being bigger than us on the wings. Dude cannot create separation any more and with Blake's declining athleticism it's a problem.

Hopefully Gobert returns because their small ball causes problems for Blake. Dude used to punish smaller guys.

goingfor28
04-16-2017, 01:37 AM
As a Clippers fan...not even surprised. Same old Clippers. Only one game, but that was a bad loss. Would thought Utah would be deflated as a team after losing Gobert 15 seconds into the game.
Oh well, regroup and hopefully they'll be ready to play Tuesday night.
I hope Gobert is healthy enough to play at some point. After losing CP and Blake in game 3 vs Portland last year I will never root for injury. May the best team win, and tonight that team was the Jazz. Congrats on the win. Should be a fun series.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Without Gobert, Jazz still win in LA? Clippers have issues..

More-Than-Most
04-16-2017, 01:40 AM
This is whats so ****ing annoying.. people will just fault cp3.... he was ****ing amazing but he cant control a moronic coach/lack of defense/lack of bench... yet its cp3 fault... he is going to lose this series while being a god yet again... interesting how that works.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-16-2017, 01:46 AM
This is whats so ****ing annoying.. people will just fault cp3.... he was ****ing amazing but he cant control a moronic coach/lack of defense/lack of bench... yet its cp3 fault... he is going to lose this series while being a god yet again... interesting how that works.

Not saying you're wrong, but for a player of such high stature to have not made even so far as the WCF once in his career is mind boggling. He's been on some very respectable teams too in the past; really makes you wonder about a player like that.

Chronz
04-16-2017, 01:48 AM
Not saying you're wrong, but for a player of such high stature to have not made even so far as the WCF once in his career is mind boggling. He's been on some very respectable teams too in the past; really makes you wonder about a player like that.
Respectable but not superior

More-Than-Most
04-16-2017, 02:26 AM

he is quite literally one of the best playoff performers of all time... His worst year is 18/8/5 on 43 percent shooting with insane defense.... his best years are that of like 24/11/5 with more steals than turnovers.... His defense is godly... his offense is amazing... outside of lebron i am not sure there has been a better playoff 2 way performer over his tenure... he has a **** coach and the injury bug on his team against insane competition.... this is why i say rings is so ****ing ********

Lol last year... 12 games... 22/9/5 on 50 percent shooting with damn near as many steals as turnovers and insane defense and they lost.

lol, please
04-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Seems like every playoffs people forget the clippers are the clippers, they always find a way to lose. Gutsy win by the Jazz.

Exactly, and it's hilarious to hear people hype them as some threat in the off season and regular season.

Jazz advance in 6.

WaDe03
04-16-2017, 03:13 AM
If the Clips lose in the 1st round I bet Paul Griffin and Reddick are gone.

WaDe03
04-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Would've been nice if this Joe showed up in the playoffs last year to help Wade lol.

Saddletramp
04-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Only game I watched today and it was a doozy. Joe Johnson of old.

And yeah, unless the Clippers beat Utah AND GS, Doc's gotta go. No idea who wins this round but I'd bet my bottom dollar they ain't beating the Warriors.

Scoots
04-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Before Favors was drafted there were questions about his ability to stay healthy ... I've only seen him play 20 games REALLY healthy. If the Jazz were healthy all year they would have challenged the Warriors and Spurs for home court in the west. Without Gobert and with a one-legged Favors? They might beat the Clippers (who beat themselves as often as not), but they probably won't get out of round 2.

YAALREADYKNO
04-16-2017, 10:36 AM
JOE JOHNSON!!! Always liked his game since his days in Phoenix

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 11:39 AM
The Joe Johnson buzzer beater reminded me of Allan Houston's years​ ago against the Heat. The way the ball bounced just enough times to kill any remaining seconds left

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 12:57 PM
The Joe Johnson buzzer beater reminded me of Allan Houston's years​ ago against the Heat. The way the ball bounced just enough times to kill any remaining seconds left
I still remember that shot like it was yesterday, I was pulling hard for the Knicks in that one. And yeah, it was almost exactly the same, right over the premier shot blocker, bounce off the back of the iron and in!

Chronz
04-16-2017, 02:12 PM

Left the building the second I saw him get Blake off balance, man if they keep him at the 4 this series is alot harder than anticipated. Kinda wish Gobert played

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Left the building the second I saw him get Blake off balance, man if they keep him at the 4 this series is alot harder than anticipated. Kinda wish Gobert played

Why? He would have just played center? Joe has played quite a bit at the 4 this year especially during end game situations? Don't really get your reasoning.

Chronz
04-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Why? He would have just played center? Joe has played quite a bit at the 4 this year especially during end game situations? Don't really get your reasoning.

You guys would play more conventional lineups as well

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 03:27 PM

Yea who knows how it turns out. Blake kinda went ghost again in the 4th

kdspurman
04-16-2017, 03:31 PM
I still remember that shot like it was yesterday, I was pulling hard for the Knicks in that one. And yeah, it was almost exactly the same, right over the premier shot blocker, bounce off the back of the iron and in!

Yea same here. Very similar all around.. Joe just had a different reaction than Houston did afterwards

dhopisthename
04-16-2017, 04:08 PM
You guys would play more conventional lineups as well

I doubt it. Favors has been pretty much our backup center this year and you can tell he isn't really ready for 30 minutes a game, but with the injury he will have to play that much.

jason
04-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Clippers being clippers again

Chronz
04-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Yea who knows how it turns out. Blake kinda went ghost again in the 4th

Docs playing him in 14 minute stretches it seems, dude has got to be tired carrying that kind of load. Doc has to trust Bass or Wesley, its early enough in the series.

Chronz
04-16-2017, 08:17 PM
I doubt it. Favors has been pretty much our backup center this year and you can tell he isn't really ready for 30 minutes a game, but with the injury he will have to play that much.
Definitely not ready for 30 minutes a game but you really dont think he would spend any time at the 4 if Gobert had stayed healthy? I dont see why you would think that considering when he has been able to play this year his most common lineups have come with the lineups Im thinking of and considering the playoffs are when you shorten your rotation I just dont buy your theory. Put it this way, at least half of his minutes this year have come with Gobert but you dont think the team would play them against us? Most analysts I've read/heard disagreed and the whole small ball thing was the key.

I know the Jazz aren't committed to the big lineup like they used to be, which is why I dont think you guys lost out on much from not having Favors around but hes definitely going to be needed now. He did great yesterday.

Chronz
04-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Clippers being clippers again

Overachieving ?

Firefistus
04-16-2017, 09:48 PM
I love this, people telling the Jazz fans that we would play a completely different game than we've played all year. I'm going to clear things up a bit here. Something you won't hear on the national stations because no ESPN sports casters watch Jazz games. (Except Hubbie Brown)

*Utah didn't change how they play, they moved Favors to the Center, he replaced Gobert.
*Favors isn't as good as Gobert so if we played Gobert instead of Favors you would have lost by more, ALOT more.
*We literally have 50 wins this year because of Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw, so when you see these guys play well, they've LITERALLY been doing it all season.
*The player with the most game winning shots in the last 10 years is Johnson with 8. Next in line is LeBron with 4.
*Favors ISN'T injured at all, he was tired because he hasn't played all season, then had to play 40 minutes against DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffon. He actually looks healthier than he has all season.
*Utah shot the least amount of three point shots in last nights games than they've shot all season, Utah won't win the series if they don't shoot more 3's, and despite what people think we're actually quite good at three pointers. (Joe Ingles is 4th I think? in three point %)
*The reason Jordan and Griffon disappeared in the 4th quarter is because they were tired. Joe Johnson was forcing Griffon to fight through screen after screen to keep up with him, and it was wearing Griffon out. And Jordon was fighting Favors, they both were exhausted at the end of that game, but the announcers never mention the Clippers being tired, only Utah.
*After hearing the interviews all the players and the coach of the Jazz mentioned that they wanted to force Crawford to defend the primary ball handler when he's on the court. If you keep him in the game than it's going to keep being a hole as his defense is very poor. There's a tweet a Jazz reporter showed where the whole bench is smiling at the end of the game because Crawford is on Johnson, and we ALL knew that was a mismatch.
*It almost sounds like the Clippers haven't scouted the Jazz because we didn't change our gamestyle. Yet Doc Rivers insisted that we played small ball, we didn't.

That's about all I observed in that last game, look forward to game 2 to see how both coaches adjust.

BTW, I had Jazz in 6, as I believe that if Utah doesn't win gave 6 than the clippers will win game 7.

Toxeryll
04-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Utah's game is suited for playoffs. I have them in 7 games.

JAZZNC
04-16-2017, 10:34 PM
Overachieving ?

Dude, you have got to stop asserting that the Clippers have ever over achieved. They haven't. Over achieving means accomplishing more than expected and they've never done that, ever. I'm not sure the have ever under achieved but they have certainly never done the opposite. They may very well still win this series but this narrative of yours that they've over achieved is just not accurate. They've dealt with adversity in the playoffs but they've never overcome it and never beaten a team that out talented them. They win when they should and lose when they should (sometimes when they shouldn't). That by definition isn't over achieving.

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Dude, you have got to stop asserting that the Clippers have ever over achieved. They haven't. Over achieving means accomplishing more than expected and they've never done that, ever. I'm not sure the have ever under achieved but they have certainly never done the opposite. They may very well still win this series but this narrative of yours that they've over achieved is just not accurate. They've dealt with adversity in the playoffs but they've never overcome it and never beaten a team that out talented them. They win when they should and lose when they should (sometimes when they shouldn't). That by definition isn't over achieving.

Yeah, I'm in agreement on this one. This idea that this Clippers team has overachieved in any way, shape or form is pretty much the polar opposite of the narrative I would use to describe them in their time together. I'm not saying they necessarily should have won a title given the talent on some of the rest of the teams in the league over their time together, but I absolutely don't think they've overachieved. To have been together six years and have zero Western Conference Finals appearances is pretty inexcusable for me.

And if they get beat in this series, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the team's history in the postseason.

jason
04-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Overachieving ?
Disappointing

dhopisthename
04-17-2017, 12:24 AM
Definitely not ready for 30 minutes a game but you really dont think he would spend any time at the 4 if Gobert had stayed healthy? I dont see why you would think that considering when he has been able to play this year his most common lineups have come with the lineups Im thinking of and considering the playoffs are when you shorten your rotation I just dont buy your theory. Put it this way, at least half of his minutes this year have come with Gobert but you dont think the team would play them against us? Most analysts I've read/heard disagreed and the whole small ball thing was the key.

I know the Jazz aren't committed to the big lineup like they used to be, which is why I dont think you guys lost out on much from not having Favors around but hes definitely going to be needed now. He did great yesterday.

having blake and Jordan might change things, but when Favors was healthy they would do the first 4-6 minutes and then favors would come out and they wouldn't be on the floor together for the rest of the half. The problem is that Favors just hasn't been healthy all year so its hard to say what Quinn's plan was. This is also by far the best he has ever looked this year the past few games.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2017, 09:24 AM

:)

KnicksorBust
04-17-2017, 09:25 AM
Anyone got the latest on Gobert?

KnicksorBust
04-17-2017, 09:26 AM
My assumption is he is done. I liked the Clips prior to that so for me it just solidifies my opinion despite the game 1 outcome. It is so brutal watching the LAC bench sometimes but this is their series to take.

Firefistus
04-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Anyone got the latest on Gobert?

One of the Utah reporters mentioned that rudy was walking out of the stadium. He has a bone bruise, no ligaments torn. So he can play on it, it will just be painful. He can't do any further injury to it by playing on it. Another reporter from Utah also mentioned that Rudy was hopping around a bit on the leg as well, so it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm guessing the earliest we see him is for the next home game for Utah.

On a side note, Rudy was reported this morning to have zero pain when walking yesterday, and he's the type of guy that sprained his ankle, laced it up, then finished the second half of the game, missed the next game, and returned for the game after on an ankle sprain. He's a pretty tough man. (That was the 1 game he missed this season so far)

FlashBolt
04-17-2017, 12:38 PM
I don't think we see Gobert play next game. Jazz have shown they can win without him thus far. Best to give him a week off and then have him ready for game 3.

Scoots
04-17-2017, 01:44 PM
The description of the Gobert injury ended up sounding like Durant's injury. Durant took a month off, but was running within just over a week. Gobert could rush back, but the Jazz won't push him to play.

dhopisthename
04-17-2017, 02:21 PM
The description of the Gobert injury ended up sounding like Durant's injury. Durant took a month off, but was running within just over a week. Gobert could rush back, but the Jazz won't push him to play.

Durant had a grade 2 mcl sprain. supposedly Gobert had no damage. The Warriors were being catious because they knew they didn't need him till the playoffs, but we are at the playoffs now and the Jazz do need him. With all that said no one knows when he will come back.

JAZZNC
04-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I see no need to rush him back. The last thing I want to see is further injury....but man oh man would it be nice to have him in the line up.

Firefistus
04-17-2017, 02:52 PM

Not the same injury at all. As stated before, there was ligament sprain with Durant. Gobert only has a bone bruise.

This was stated before as well, but this is identical to what Rodney Hood had earlier and he was out for 10 days because of it, he returned completely healthy after 10 days. (it was actually 12 because the next game landed that way, but he was ready to go 10 days afterwards.

Firefistus
04-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Official update, the Jazz Front Office announced to the press during shoot around Gobert will not play for game 2. They will evaluate Thursday for game 3.

Gobert did not participate in practice as he was doing rehab instead.
After the practice he was shooting around and using his knee without any pain.

Cracka2HI!
04-17-2017, 10:11 PM
Going to the game tomorrow. I could really care less about the outcome. There might be more positives if the Clippers lose the series. I can see Doc getting fired if they lose to Utah. If they get by them and lose to Golden State Doc would probably get another pass. That said....go Clippers!

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Going to the game tomorrow. I could really care less about the outcome. There might be more positives if the Clippers lose the series. I can see Doc getting fired if they lose to Utah. If they get by them and lose to Golden State Doc would probably get another pass. That said....go Clippers!

I can't imagine feeling that way about a playoff game. Just weird to me.

ewing
04-18-2017, 01:18 PM
I can't imagine feeling that way about a playoff game. Just weird to me.

he's an awful fan

Cracka2HI!
04-18-2017, 05:29 PM
I don't have the ability to blindly root for my teams like a teenage fanboy. I had a 3-4 paragraph rant about how I had given up on this group a few weeks ago. Does it make you a bad fan if you realistically look at the team and decide it's not worth going $50-$70 million above the cap to keep it together? I really don't want to watch this unit limp around for the next 5 years. Sure the Clippers are in the playoffs but with Golden State waiting in the wings...is this really an exciting time where a chance at a championship is on the horizon? NO, lol! Ticket prices on stubhub suggest many share my same view. I would compare wanting a loss this series to a bad team tanking and rooting for losses. The best thing that could come from these playoffs would be Doc being relieved of his duties. That is unless you think they can get by Golden State :sigh: A loss to Utah is the best way to get that done. Probably the only way. I'll be at the game tonight, put on my happy face and root for the team as passionately as ever...doesn't mean I think winning the series is best for the team's future. In fact it's quite the opposite. A loss in this series may save the teams future from Doc Rivers. The man who failed to improve on what Vinny Del Negro built.

Chronz
04-18-2017, 06:03 PM
We should start a bring back Vinny campaign. That said, Im totally fine watching this core ride off into the sunset, after years of losing Im OK with hoping to continue our current 50 win streak. That only happens if we improve the cast around them, which seems impossible if these guys are gonna take the money, which I wouldn't hold against them. I just dont know if now is the time to tank, not sure of our pick situation tho.

Doc has got to go, in every capacity IMO but I'd settle for him not making roster decisions. I get the best way of doing that is losing to the Jazz but maybe getting obliterated by GS would do the same. So may as well root for victory right now.

Chronz
04-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Dude, you have got to stop asserting that the Clippers have ever over achieved. They haven't. Over achieving means accomplishing more than expected and they've never done that, ever. I'm not sure the have ever under achieved but they have certainly never done the opposite.
I'd settle for that, my response was more in reaction to the idea that losing to superior teams is somehow a "Clippers" curse of some kind. I get that we lose despite coming so close but I fail to see that as a negative, particularly after G1 of a series, as if we haven't already seen this core win big games on the road.

As for your theory, we have actually overachieved, remember when they beat the higher seeded Grizzlies despite Blake and DJ being pups and a noticeably gimpy CP3 after G3 (even in the SAS series, Pop made note of his health). Those were the days when we had the tribe called bench tho, we had more depth but Blake and DJ weren't the kind of playoff players you brag about. If thats not overachieving then its at least debatable. I'd also argue we overachieved when we dethroned the Spurs and that matchup cost us, both coaches agreed there would be no real victor and the league changed the rules to ensure such a contest never occurs again. All that said, I'd settle for the acknowledgement that despite our heart breaking defeats, we still end up losing to superior and/or healthier teams and at the least hold our own. Clips gon Clips means something entirely different to me, I'd rather my teams be on the precipice of victory and lose than not even come close.

They may very well still win this series but this narrative of yours that they've over achieved is just not accurate. They've dealt with adversity in the playoffs but they've never overcome it and never beaten a team that out talented them. They win when they should and lose when they should (sometimes when they shouldn't). That by definition isn't over achieving.

What are you basing your theory on? Cuz talent is sooo subjective, like Im tired of people talking about the talent on my team and bringing up names like Jamal Crawford, a league average player AT BEST IMO but one that grades highly on the "talent" department because of his flashy play and "shot creation".

Chronz
04-18-2017, 06:27 PM
having blake and Jordan might change things, but when Favors was healthy they would do the first 4-6 minutes and then favors would come out and they wouldn't be on the floor together for the rest of the half. The problem is that Favors just hasn't been healthy all year so its hard to say what Quinn's plan was. This is also by far the best he has ever looked this year the past few games.

Well, before G.1, I've gone to 3 games of our teams this year (2 RS+1PreS.) and Blakes general inability to abuse small line ups against everyone this year was a constant fear in the back of my mind. I rationed just like the rest, that even tho your offense is modernizing (in part due to Gobert's offensive emergence+small ball options) you guys would still play those 2 together more and be easier to shrink the floor against. CP3 is at his deadliest defensively when he knows the spacing behind him is cramped.

On a personal note, I hate Doc for not signing Ingles, this after not bringing in Hassan Whiteside the Summer prior.

Chronz
04-18-2017, 06:41 PM
I love this, people telling the Jazz fans that we would play a completely different game than we've played all year. I'm going to clear things up a bit here. Something you won't hear on the national stations because no ESPN sports casters watch Jazz games. (Except Hubbie Brown)
Stations? Its the internet era, lots of analysts were hinting towards what I spoke of, its not that hard to watch the Jazz play nor to look up their lineup data.

*Utah didn't change how they play, they moved Favors to the Center, he replaced Gobert.
*Favors isn't as good as Gobert so if we played Gobert instead of Favors you would have lost by more, ALOT more.

I disagree, entire circumstances and motivations change, its impossible to know but you wont change my opinion that I'd rather have him out there because I know you guys would inevitably play the 2 together at some point, which is better than never at all.

We literally have 50 wins this year because of Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw, so when you see these guys play well, they've LITERALLY been doing it all season.

You literally havent won 50 games because of 2 players.

*The player with the most game winning shots in the last 10 years is Johnson with 8. Next in line is LeBron with 4.

Cool?

*Favors ISN'T injured at all, he was tired because he hasn't played all season, then had to play 40 minutes against DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffon. He actually looks healthier than he has all season.

Blake Griffin is in a similar boat I feel, Im not alone in noticing his dramatic decline in athleticism compared to even the start of the year. Poor guy shouldn't be playing in +14 minute stretches, he had no lift and zero efficiency come 4th quarter. Judging the kind of motor/legs he plays with has been very random this year, some days he has the same ups, other days he looks hopeless defensively and on the glass.

*Utah shot the least amount of three point shots in last nights games than they've shot all season, Utah won't win the series if they don't shoot more 3's, and despite what people think we're actually quite good at three pointers. (Joe Ingles is 4th I think? in three point %)
*The reason Jordan and Griffon disappeared in the 4th quarter is because they were tired. Joe Johnson was forcing Griffon to fight through screen after screen to keep up with him, and it was wearing Griffon out. And Jordon was fighting Favors, they both were exhausted at the end of that game, but the announcers never mention the Clippers being tired, only Utah.
*After hearing the interviews all the players and the coach of the Jazz mentioned that they wanted to force Crawford to defend the primary ball handler when he's on the court. If you keep him in the game than it's going to keep being a hole as his defense is very poor. There's a tweet a Jazz reporter showed where the whole bench is smiling at the end of the game because Crawford is on Johnson, and we ALL knew that was a mismatch.

Doc got out coached no doubt but JJ wasn't giving him much of a choice. Crawford is like that game changer 25% of the time, most of the time you lose if you go to him but in a game like yesterday, I guess he felt it was an important roll of the dice. Dont know much about the announcers because I was at the game and I disagree with your opinion on why Blake was tired. Maybe YOU think those were the reasons but maybe you haven't "Scouted" the Clippers much, I've seen him chase smaller players a long time now and his ability to do so is a big reason why we got on board with the switching trends despite our diminutive guards. Blakes ability to do so has been sporadic but the load hes being forced to carry is by far the biggest reason hes tired. Dude has vanished in 4th quarters throughout his career but this is different. My girl is a fan but she is by no means an analyst and even she couldn't stop commenting on how different Blake appears to be physically.

*It almost sounds like the Clippers haven't scouted the Jazz because we didn't change our gamestyle. Yet Doc Rivers insisted that we played small ball, we didn't.

That's about all I observed in that last game, look forward to game 2 to see how both coaches adjust.

BTW, I had Jazz in 6, as I believe that if Utah doesn't win gave 6 than the clippers will win game 7.

My question is this, what position was Joe Johnson playing and why was Blake on him if you weren't going small? Sure felt like you guys stretched us out more than you ever did in any of our regular season encounters.

I got Clips in 6.

ewing
04-18-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't have the ability to blindly root for my teams like a teenage fanboy. I had a 3-4 paragraph rant about how I had given up on this group a few weeks ago. Does it make you a bad fan if you realistically look at the team and decide it's not worth going $50-$70 million above the cap to keep it together? I really don't want to watch this unit limp around for the next 5 years. Sure the Clippers are in the playoffs but with Golden State waiting in the wings...is this really an exciting time where a chance at a championship is on the horizon? NO, lol! Ticket prices on stubhub suggest many share my same view. I would compare wanting a loss this series to a bad team tanking and rooting for losses. The best thing that could come from these playoffs would be Doc being relieved of his duties. That is unless you think they can get by Golden State :sigh: A loss to Utah is the best way to get that done. Probably the only way. I'll be at the game tonight, put on my happy face and root for the team as passionately as ever...doesn't mean I think winning the series is best for the team's future. In fact it's quite the opposite. A loss in this series may save the teams future from Doc Rivers. The man who failed to improve on what Vinny Del Negro built.

You're so grown

JAZZNC
04-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Let's get it on!

JAZZNC
04-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Not a good start for the the good guys.

JAZZNC
04-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Hayward playing well but everybody else looks like garbage. LA certainly came out ready tonight.

JAZZNC
04-18-2017, 11:15 PM
As I thought might happen, looks like my boys were just content with stealing game 1 and are just gonna mail this one in. Terrible play so far.

JAZZNC
04-19-2017, 12:30 AM
Only a 9pt game heading into the 4th. If anybody for the Jazz can get their feces together offensively we can still pull this one out.

JAZZNC
04-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Just haven't been able to catch up after that abysmal 1st quarter.

goingfor28
04-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Watching the game felt like LA won by 25, credit to Utah keeping it close the entire game.
This is gonna be a fun series and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't go 7 games.

Firefistus
04-19-2017, 02:27 PM
I have to give props to the Clippers on that one, every time the Jazz fought back and brought it within 6 or 4 the Clippers would go on another run and keep it out of reach. Very tough games, but makes for a great series!!

KnicksorBust
04-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Clips just need a hot JJ or Jamal game and this series is over. CP3 and Blake can do whatever they want out there.

JAZZNC
04-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Clips just need a hot JJ or Jamal game and this series is over. CP3 and Blake can do whatever they want out there.
And all the Jazz need is for Hayward/Hill to shoot even remotely well and they win. It goes both ways. I feel pretty good for it to be 1-1 with our best player not even playing a full minute and Hill and Hayward shooting poorly. Hopefully we can get a little home cooking.

WaDe03
04-19-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm pulling for the Jazz in hopes of CP3 and Griffin testing free agency. It's a shame Gobert went down.

Chronz
04-19-2017, 07:53 PM

Been waiting for that game for awhile but they are totally attached to JJ and Jamal isn't much of a playoff performer. JJ just has to keep doing what hes been doing, hes reading the O perfectly, CP3 and Blake benefit from the ball movement alone.

Cracka2HI!
04-19-2017, 10:06 PM
My biggest takeaway from the game was the Clippers would have a much better home court advantage if the fans only cheered basketball as much as they cheered free chicken. That said it was a good crowd last night. We we're there early and loud all game. Fun game! I sat 3 rows behind Clipper Darrell and had a row of Jazz fans behind me. That was a fun dynamic! The Jazz fans were from Utah and really good dudes. It was my girl's first NBA game so I'm glad the Clipps got the win for her!

Cracka2HI!
04-19-2017, 10:09 PM
We should start a bring back Vinny campaign. That said, Im totally fine watching this core ride off into the sunset, after years of losing Im OK with hoping to continue our current 50 win streak. That only happens if we improve the cast around them, which seems impossible if these guys are gonna take the money, which I wouldn't hold against them. I just dont know if now is the time to tank, not sure of our pick situation tho.

Doc has got to go, in every capacity IMO but I'd settle for him not making roster decisions. I get the best way of doing that is losing to the Jazz but maybe getting obliterated by GS would do the same. So may as well root for victory right now.

Hell yeah, I'm still rooting for them when the game is on. That was an awesome game last night! I'm just not going to take it hard if they lose and even see positive in it. Everything in your post adds up but I'm not sure they can win 50 again. JJ is likely gone and should be at the money he will get and as you said how does the team improve if he leaves? That's why I was in favor of signing Jamal and Austin even though it was stupid money. How could we have improved without them? I think they can S&T either FA but they wouldn't be able to go into the luxury tax next year. That could create for some interesting scenario's in the off-season if they decide to change it up. If that were the case I damn sure wouldn't want Doc pulling the trigger either. If Boston continues their melt down, I'm hoping a new GM can trade Blake to them for a ransom. I can see Blake leaving but I can't see he or Paul leaving $70+ million on the table. Wouldn't surprise me to see one traded.

Firefistus
04-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Gobert has been officially ruled out for game 3. Still questionable for game 4.

Cracka2HI!
04-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Utah has a significantly louder crowd than LA. I don't think this Ingles on CP3 strategy will work.

JAZZNC
04-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Good Lord, Hayward going absolutely bonkers in the 1st quarter! Scored as much as the entire Clippers team!

Cracka2HI!
04-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Could be a route. Clippers getting nothing from the SG's.

JAZZNC
04-21-2017, 11:12 PM
Blake Griffin to the locker room....

JAZZNC
04-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Griffin out for the rest of the game with a bruised big toe.

dhopisthename
04-21-2017, 11:51 PM
jazz would get free throws every possession if they got the same calls the clippers do.

zn23
04-22-2017, 12:23 AM
CP3 will not allow his team to lose. What a competitor. What a legend. Too bad he's stuck with Doc Rivers...

dhopisthename
04-22-2017, 12:24 AM
the refs will not allow the clippers to lose. What a competitor. What a legend. Too bad he's stuck with Doc Rivers...
fixed it.

kdspurman
04-22-2017, 12:40 AM
big shot by Georgie

Firefistus
04-22-2017, 12:55 AM
Nah, the ref's didn't throw the game, the Jazz offense completely left in the 4th quarter, which is actually quite strange for the Jazz. we desperately need Gobert back though, everyone is getting way too many easy shots down low, you can't blame favors because it's happening when he's resting.

Our backup for Gobert WAS Favors, and Withey can't do anything on the court against Jordan. Sucks that our healthiest starter is out for the playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
04-22-2017, 03:59 AM
jazz would get free throws every possession if they got the same calls the clippers do.

C'mon hop you're better than that.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2017, 04:25 AM
every bone in my body prays the cavs go all in and trade kyrie for cp3.. Man CP3 is amazing on both ends. CP3 on the cavs would make someone like curry his ***** every night in the finals... lebron would shut down whomever as would love.... maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the dream.

cp3... 25/11 21/10 .. 50-60 percent shooting with insane defense the first 2 games and now tonight 34/10 on 55 pct shooting and 2 ****ing turnovers with insane Defense and people wanna devalue his legacy because of lack of rings.... I am not sure there is anyone better come post season outside of lebron than CP3... He is ****ing remarkable on both ends always and his teams fail but yo the PG needs to cover all 5 positions... ask nash/stockton to count their rings man............................................... ............. Yup.

JAZZNC
04-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Hayward had a monster game last night but **** the bed with a turnover there at the end. Damn, career high wasted. Oh well, gotta win the next one or it's over in 5. And Favors is just hot garbage. He's gotta be better than last night. That was just terrible.

DanG
04-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Griffin out... the warriors will sweep them too.

BKLYNpigeon
04-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Griffin out... the warriors will sweep them too.

Clippers actually play better without Blake.

zn23
04-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Without Griffin, it feels like it's evened out. Assuming Gobert is not going to return.

Vee-Rex
04-22-2017, 11:20 AM
I see it coming a mile away. Utah/LAC are gonna beat each other up and the winner will be soft and tender for GS.

SA is gonna look like world-beaters and then lose to a hot HOU team in the semi-finals, who in turn goes cold in the WCF vs. GS.

For as much as people rag about the Cavs finals path in the East, GS has had a ton of lucky breaks the last couple years themselves.

Chronz
04-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Without Griffin, it feels like it's evened out. Assuming Gobert is not going to return.
Idk man. At least Utah has depth and favors behind him. We got old man pierce. Hopefully we can overachieve yet again and win without our 2nd best player again

JAZZNC
04-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Griffin out for the rest of the playoffs. Shame this series couldn't have seen both teams healthy.

Cracka2HI!
04-22-2017, 11:45 AM
:laugh2: Jesus, at some point you just gotta throw your hands up and laugh.

JAZZNC
04-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Idk man. At least Utah has depth and favors behind him. We got old man pierce. Hopefully we can overachieve yet again and win without our 2nd best player again

Here we go with the overachieving again hahaha!

Wade n Fade
04-22-2017, 11:55 AM
"Toe" out for rest of playoffs? I would offer him a 2-3 year deal at most because he is too injury prone. This might be the end of the Clips "Big 3."

Vee-Rex
04-22-2017, 11:55 AM

Welp, I'm rooting for Utah. Sorry bud - Gobert might return for the 2nd round but Griffin is done. I gotta cheer for the team that can at least have a shot at making it tough on GS. This is the 3rd year and they have only faced TWO healthy championship caliber teams in OKC and CLE and are 1-1. And unfortunately this series will probably go 7.

Smh. If GS doesn't face the Spurs this year in the playoffs I'm gonna be pissed.

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Safe to say Blake is as soft as cake.. injury prone and doesn't show up in the big moments. Dude is going down the Dwight Howard road at full speed. Once a top ten player who is probably going to drop out of the top 20 by next season. I think Utah wins this. A Warriors vs LAC matchup when both were healthy would have been fun but Utah with Gobert would make for a competitive matchup. Speaking of the Warriors.. are they the luckiest team in the West? They seem to get the best matchups. I'm not even sure the Warriors have beaten better opposition than the Cavs have. Relatively speaking, Warriors have had the easier road to the Finals the past two years.

Firefistus
04-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I can't lie, I don't feel bad for the Clippers at all. We've been without our best player on the floor in Gobert for the last 3 games. If we can get Gobert the last 3 and they not have Blake, I feel like that would make it a more level playing field.

Chronz
04-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Here we go with the overachieving again hahaha!

Well yeah. Check the post where i back it

Chronz
04-22-2017, 01:31 PM
"Toe" out for rest of playoffs? I would offer him a 2-3 year deal at most because he is too injury prone. This might be the end of the Clips "Big 3."
Maybe he takes a paycut?

Chronz
04-22-2017, 01:32 PM
I can't lie, I don't feel bad for the Clippers at all. We've been without our best player on the floor in Gobert for the last 3 games. If we can get Gobert the last 3 and they not have Blake, I feel like that would make it a more level playing field.

Better to be honest i suppose. I felt bad for you guys the minute it happened but it was selfishly because i wanted him out there. If you guys don't get him back it's still fair cuz of the replacement value.

Chronz
04-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Welp, I'm rooting for Utah. Sorry bud - Gobert might return for the 2nd round but Griffin is done. I gotta cheer for the team that can at least have a shot at making it tough on GS. This is the 3rd year and they have only faced TWO healthy championship caliber teams in OKC and CLE and are 1-1. And unfortunately this series will probably go 7.

Smh. If GS doesn't face the Spurs this year in the playoffs I'm gonna be pissed.

Don't trip. I would too for any other team. I'm playing with house money anyways. Gs wins i make some weed money. If they lose I'm happy without weed

JAZZNC
04-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Well yeah. Check the post where i back it
You didn't back anything. You are literally the only one who believes this overachieving nonsense. I mean how would this be overachieving when you still have by far the best player in the series and with us missing our only capable big on D (and our best player) Jordan is doing whatever he wants?
Add that to having HC advantage and about a million times the playoff experience....whatever helps you sleep at night. But you're never wrong about anything ever so it's pointless to argue with you.

Scoots
04-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Jordan is doing whatever he wants

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1286176-watch-deandre-challenges-jazz-players-gets-burned-repeatedly

Scoots
04-22-2017, 11:39 PM
CP3 is a great great hall of fame lock of a player, but he gets away with so much BS stuff

http://www.thescore.com/news/1255027

goingfor28
04-23-2017, 01:59 AM
You didn't back anything. You are literally the only one who believes this overachieving nonsense. I mean how would this be overachieving when you still have by far the best player in the series and with us missing our only capable big on D (and our best player) Jordan is doing whatever he wants?
Add that to having HC advantage and about a million times the playoff experience....whatever helps you sleep at night. But you're never wrong about anything ever so it's pointless to argue with you.

After game 1 LAC didn't have home court advantage anymore. Just saying.

goingfor28
04-23-2017, 02:00 AM
CP3 is a great great hall of fame lock of a player, but he gets away with so much BS stuff

http://www.thescore.com/news/1255027
So does Draymond. He just spends his time on the court cup checking everyone with his feet

Chronz
04-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Then refute the points i made. You are literally using the word literally incorrectly.

I've already explained why i feel the way i do so to answer your question, read the post you quoted

Chronz
04-23-2017, 08:56 AM

http://www.thescore.com/news/1255027it was worse( awesomer) in his younger days with us. Dude defended bigger players so well because the refs felt sorry for him i guess.
He got away with an arm bar defensively the other night that scared me. Refs let him hack no doubt, part of me thinks it's because hes so diminutive the refs allow it, other times he's just so aggressive defensively from the start that it sets up a trend of activity that the refs struggle with ( like some players play D sporadically and it's easier to notice the fouls if you never play that way consistently, Kyrie Irving wouldn't get this benefit imo). Sometimes I think they fear him and then there's the games where they miss the hacks on him so they make it up to him imo.

Scoots
04-23-2017, 09:50 AM
So does Draymond. He just spends his time on the court cup checking everyone with his feet

Yeah and it bugs me when he does it too. What's your point in this Clippers/Jazz series thread?

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
it was worse( awesomer) in his younger days with us. Dude defended bigger players so well because the refs felt sorry for him i guess.
He got away with an arm bar defensively the other night that scared me. Refs let him hack no doubt, part of me thinks it's because hes so diminutive the refs allow it, other times he's just so aggressive defensively from the start that it sets up a trend of activity that the refs struggle with ( like some players play D sporadically and it's easier to notice the fouls if you never play that way consistently, Kyrie Irving wouldn't get this benefit imo). Sometimes I think they fear him and then there's the games where they miss the hacks on him so they make it up to him imo.

this is what I was complaining about with the refs. they let CP3 get away with almost anything on defense. there was a 4 minutes stretch where he was just straight holding guys on defense and not getting called for it. can't blame him though its on the refs.

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 01:38 PM
looks like Gobert is 50/50 to play tonight.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 02:05 PM
I see Utah winning tonight to tie the series

jason
04-23-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm wondering if Blake can ever stay healthy

Tg11
04-23-2017, 03:57 PM
Well no because fact of the matter is that he has proven to be injury prone

Scoots
04-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Bill Simmons (a Clippers fan and season ticket holder) called Blake's Clippers curse on draft night. It's been brutal that's for sure.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Clippers are a good team but they just are not capable of getting to that next level for some reason

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Clippers are a good team but they just are not capable of getting to that next level for some reason

Injuries have certainly played a large role that. Several years they were finished right from the start of the playoffs because of injuries to their main players.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:44 PM
But most of their squad is healthy minus Blake Griffin but if the Clippers go out again in the first round by losing this series against the Jazz then CP3 for sure will leave in the off season

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Blake is kind of important. It's a lot different than missing a fringe role player.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Yeah because they can't just depend on DeAndre and CP3 all the time which is why their other role players are going to have to step up but also the Jazz players like Hood and Hayward are going to have to step it up more too

eDush
04-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Blake is kind of important. It's a lot different than missing a fringe role player.I agree but losing CP3 is much worse, trust me :(

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 07:55 PM
I agree but losing CP3 is much worse, trust me :(

For damn sure! CP3 is most assuredly the better player. He's the main cog for that team even though Blake (in the past) has proven capable of picking up quite a bit of the slack when Paul is out.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Now DeAndre is going to have to pick up the slack now that Blake is out

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Gobert will play tonight. no word on how long or if he will start yet.

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 09:04 PM
Gobert will play tonight. no word on how long or if he will start yet.
Gonna be holding my breath the entire time.

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Gobert is starting

Scoots
04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
I agree but losing CP3 is much worse, trust me :(

I don't have actual statistics on it but I think you say "trust me" more than anyone else here.

You know what a politician means when they say "trust me" right?

Losing CP3 can't be worse ... they have the future all-star Austin Rivers to take over for CP3 right? :)

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 10:09 PM
Jazz are just cursed this year. we get Gobert back, but lose Hayward.

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Where the hell was this Derrick Favors last game? And why did en fuego Crawford finally decide to show up!?!?

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 10:15 PM
a lot of things have gone right for the clippers and are only up 2. Jazz just need to make a few halftime adjustments. Favors, Ingles and Joe are really carrying us right now.

dhopisthename
04-23-2017, 10:17 PM
The Jazz have to be in the top 5 teams that foul 3pt shooters. it happens so much.

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Hayward put and we are up 3 at the half....I'll take it! Good to see Rudy back and playing well.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Jazz will win this to tie the series 2-2

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Good thing Rudy, JJ, and Favors came to play. Hill and Hood have been garbage in Haywards absence.

Chronz
04-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Joe johnson wears the number 6. He just scored the 69th point and is currently shooting 6 for 9. Wat?

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 11:09 PM
We gotta get some offensive output from somebody here in the 4th....only JJ is shooting well as a wing...everybody else has just **** the bed up to this point.

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Damn, Crawford is just ****ing killing us.

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 11:25 PM
Thank God Mack is back on the bench....fouled ANOTHER 3pt shooter.

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 11:41 PM
iso joe

lakerfan85
04-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Joe Johnson took the game over..

kdspurman
04-23-2017, 11:43 PM
Where the hell was this Derrick Favors last game? And why did en fuego Crawford finally decide to show up!?!?

Probably just more comfortable in that 2nd unit role. He's been playing a lot. Entertaining game tho.. ISO Joe came through. Great execution down the stretch

JAZZNC
04-23-2017, 11:50 PM
ISO Joe did absolutely everything down the stretch from hitting tough shots to getting rebounds to hitting the open guy. Incredible performance by that man! Things are interesting now. Get at least one more game in Utah, impressive effort.

Side note, I know Paul's numbers look phenomenal but where was the play to stop the bleeding there in the 4th? I know everybody just gives the guy a pass but he's gotta do something there right?

More-Than-Most
04-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Now do you guys wanna see a playoff performer? check out Chris ****ing paul... This is him EVERY playoffs and its never enough because Blake is made of glass and the team is ****.

FlashBolt
04-24-2017, 12:29 AM
ISO Joe did absolutely everything down the stretch from hitting tough shots to getting rebounds to hitting the open guy. Incredible performance by that man! Things are interesting now. Get at least one more game in Utah, impressive effort.

Side note, I know Paul's numbers look phenomenal but where was the play to stop the bleeding there in the 4th? I know everybody just gives the guy a pass but he's gotta do something there right?

lol, stop. he's a 6'2 PG who shows up to play every game. He was clutch last game, remember? Can't expect a 6'2 PG to carry every game..

shep33
04-24-2017, 01:01 AM
One thing I'll say. CP3 is an absolute beast. Anybody that puts this series on him is an idiot.

JAZZNC
04-24-2017, 01:22 AM
lol, stop. he's a 6'2 PG who shows up to play every game. He was clutch last game, remember? Can't expect a 6'2 PG to carry every game..
I've just never seen a perennial top 5 player in the league and positional GOAT (many here have him as that) have such little success in the post season and just get a complete pass, absolutely zero criticism/blame comes his way ever. It's always some excuse from injuries, team, coach, and now evidently height. Just interesting to me that's all. If nobody else finds that interesting I have no problem with it.

FlashBolt
04-24-2017, 01:29 AM
I've just never seen a perennial top 5 player in the league and positional GOAT (many here have him as that) have such little success in the post season and just get a complete pass, absolutely zero criticism/blame comes his way ever. It's always some excuse from injuries, team, coach, and now evidently height. Just interesting to me that's all. If nobody else finds that interesting I have no problem with it.

But you're putting the blame on a guy who has to deal with his 2nd superstar player trembling in his boots every playoffs, a center who just rebounds and dunks, and a bench that just sucked doodoo for years. A coach who is overrated and has been for years now. People think Doc is a great coach because he won with KG+Ray+Pierce. One ring in what? 20 years? Big whoopie. It's not like the guy is playing with Klay+Dray and the Warriors or what Parker had with the Spurs. Are you telling me he wouldn't be winning if his teammates were actually showing up ready to play? He's been stellar this entire playoffs and career. It's not his problem at all other than the chokejob against Houston. Warriors don't depend on Curry to make every play, you know? He's a perennial top 5 player because he plays like one. He's the most efficient PG in advanced metrics. He can't win when Blake is soft as hell.

dhopisthename
04-24-2017, 02:29 AM
what a great win for the Jazz that really shows how well they have played this season despite all their injuries. to have Hayward miss the game basically and Gobert only play 24 minutes and still get the win is basically what the Jazz have done all year.

ewing
04-24-2017, 09:15 AM

the only criticism i have of Paul's game is he plays like an old school PG. Today's league is tailored for guys like Paul to score. He picks and prods too much. I know is an incredible surveyor but in a league stacked to favor of speedy ball handling jump shooters he should be shooting more

KnicksorBust
04-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Had Clips in 6 but now without Blake the whole series is up in the air. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz come back and win. Without Blake though neither team is interesting after this series is over. Hopefully we at least get some good back and forth games.

Scoots
04-24-2017, 12:34 PM

Who is a 6'2" PG? 6' is giving Paul the benefit of the doubt. That said he's a bad *** regardless of his size.

Scoots
04-24-2017, 12:36 PM

He doesn't get a pass ... It's always "hell of a player but"

JAZZNC
04-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Austin Rivers is gonna play next game, good news for the Jazz! Felton has been playing decent ball this series and that will certainly take minutes from him cause Doc gotta play his son.

goingfor28
04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Austin being back is good for LA. He's a good defender and much better shooter this year.

Firefistus
04-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Yep, but I don't think he'll defend Joe Johnson or Gordon Hayward any better than Crawford. Then again....maybe he will....

The Clippers are swapping on all picks though, so if they keep doing that the Jazz will keep playing ISO ball with Hayward and Joe, especially with Blake being out. It's a huge weakness and it showed last night.

The only reason the game was as close as it was yesterday was because Crawford finally hit some shots. Without Crawford it would have been a blowout.

It will be interesting to see the impact Rivers has with his improved shooting.

ewing
04-25-2017, 11:50 PM
seems like no one is watching this series but i really like watching the Jazz play win or lose they have won me over

Firefistus
04-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Well I would be surprised if there's many Jazz fans out there right now. The Jazz are young and new. People need to watch them more to get more recognition.

Jazz are very methodical, and it's funny that they are because when Snyder first came out his play with a pass, play with a purpose, and play with pace. But they never were good at the pace thing, so he brought in Sloan to help him with offensive schemes.

The combination has worked well for Utah. And hopefully we can get some recognition in this years playoffs for the future.

tredigs
04-26-2017, 12:21 AM
Crowd cheers and announcers praise DAJ on the block on Hood there, but it was a terrible play. He had CP3 and another teammate right in front of him to tip it to (he was so high up it would've been nothing for him), but he sends it into the stands. Most overhyped play in the game and almost everyone does it.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:24 AM
Jazz are getting some great looks from 3 from some really good shooters, but just aren't hitting them.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:34 AM
looks like Cp3 is going to play from 11:17 on.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 12:35 AM
LMAO @ Austin getting burn in the most important game of the year for the Clips.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:36 AM
Clippers are just turning it over a ton.

goingfor28
04-26-2017, 12:36 AM
This game has been a total snoozefest. Utah missing a bunch of open looks and LA just looking like pure trash.

tredigs
04-26-2017, 12:41 AM
LMAO @ Austin getting burn in the most important game of the year for the Clips.

? he's a huge cog in their rotation (for better or worse, but he's having the best year of his career), he's just been injured.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:42 AM
? he's a huge cog in their rotation (for better or worse, but he's having the best year of his career), he's just been injured.

yeah he wasn't good this year, but he is certainly better then their other options when healthy.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 12:46 AM

He blows dude

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 12:48 AM
yeah he wasn't good this year, but he is certainly better then their other options when healthy.

I'd take Crawford or JJ over him any day.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:51 AM

JJ is a starter. Crawford just blows. The jazz destroy him on defense.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 12:53 AM
just saying it right now... the owner needs to offer cp3 a max and give him 100 million on the side and beg him to stay and trade blake and get someone in here... CP3 is a ****ing monster.

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Just hoping for another clipper playoff exit. :)

Lets go Jazz, win this so u can go home and end this ****!

lol, please
04-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Just sat down to watch the last 4 mins!!!

Who can give me the skinny?

Has Utah been dominating?

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:57 AM
wow first free throws of the half for the Jazz at 4:21 in the 5th quarter. thats pretty incredible for the winning team. (not saying bad reffing or anything)

goingfor28
04-26-2017, 12:57 AM
If you'd take Jamal Crawford over Austin Rivers you are clueless. Austin improved a lot this year. Jamal is an inefficient chucker who is as useful as a 5 year old on defense.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 12:58 AM
Just sat down to watch the last 4 mins!!!

Who can give me the skinny?

Has Utah been dominating?

Jazz couldn't make a 3 to blow the game wide open and the clips have been the cp3 show.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 01:00 AM
Banged up daddy's boy just coming back from injury? Pretty sure there are better options..

tredigs
04-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Great game.

dhopisthename
was about to blast the jazz for not fouling enough, but that was simply incredible by Deandre.

More-Than-Most
Gordan hayward looks like the dude plowing my ex gf : (

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:05 AM
wow that's a really weak call. really weak.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:07 AM
CP3 deserves a tech for that

lol, please
04-26-2017, 01:08 AM
lol @ Hayward not letting go of the ball. Love the passion, wish I caught this whole game.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:08 AM
lol now you can just push a dude and its a double tech? I hate that ****

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:09 AM
double tech should not just cancel out. I wish they would change that. Make the teams shoot

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:09 AM
oh wow a foul. thought that was a jump ball.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:10 AM
Cavs need to find a way to get CP3. Just ****ing offer the clips kyrie please

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:11 AM
big shot Joe... Damn

dhopisthename
lol now you can just push a dude and its a double tech? I hate that ****

yeah I don't think its worth a tech, but how is that a tech on Hayward.

Lakers + Giants
Joe ****in johnson, hell yea. **** you clippers!

lol, please
ISO Joe has ice in his veins.

My goodness.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:12 AM
big shot Joe... Damn

lol my stupid stream is lagging behind, way to ruin it lol

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 01:13 AM
Atta boy joe

lol, please
04-26-2017, 01:13 AM
lol my stupid stream is lagging behind, way to ruin it lol

Why are you streaming what is on TNT, a channel if you don't have yourself, you can find literally anywhere, bar, hotel room, and so on.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:14 AM
There are 3 guys in basketball that I have seen that currently have the best defensive Instincts since a Rodman and so on.... Embiid its why i love him so much... Colbert.... Draymond.... Embiid needs to stay healthy but these 3 guys and how they defend is ****ing orgasmic.

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2017, 01:14 AM
Why are you streaming what is on TNT, a channel if you don't have yourself, you can find literally anywhere, bar, hotel room, and so on.

even the NBA website :shrug:

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:15 AM

cause I much rather sit at my computer and watch it.

More-Than-Most

thought about getting rid of cable for a while now and would have to do the same thing... Not going out on a tuesday at 1 in the morning to watch a game lol

zn23
Wow, the Clippers bench is a total disaster... and that's all Doc's fault. He picked these guys. He's never been able to build a solid bench since he's been there. He picked his son, who btw is out of the league if he doesn't play for the Clippers.

Doc needs to get fired after they lose this series and whoever comes in needs to clean house on this bench embarrassing bench.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:16 AM
Wow, the Clippers bench is a total disaster... and that's all Doc's fault. He picked these guys. He's never been able to build a solid bench since he's been there. He picked his son, who btw is out of the league if he doesn't play for the Clippers.

Doc needs to get fired after they lose this series and whoever comes in needs to clean house on this bench embarrassing bench.

Austin Rivers is in the NBA because of his dad... He deserves to be fired because of that... They could add just about anyone and upgrade... Its honest to god a joke.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:16 AM
I mean besides being a few seconds slow, streams are pretty good.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:18 AM
If I am CP3 I make demands if they want me back

Byebye Doc
Byebye Austin Rivers and that bench
Byebye Blake for someone not made of glass

zn23
04-26-2017, 01:18 AM
CP3 is a legend. I just wish he had better players and coaches around him.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 01:20 AM
CP3 deserves better lol

zn23
04-26-2017, 01:20 AM

Byebye Doc

Worst combo in basketball... If it weren't for Doc Rivers, Austin Rivers is out of the league. He's a total bum.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:22 AM
can't defend that shot much better then that. cp3 has been so good this series. sometimes I wonder if he should just shoot more.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 01:22 AM

Byebye Doc

Worst combo in basketball... If it weren't for Doc Rivers, Austin Rivers is out of the league. He's a total bum.

Agreed.

goingfor28
04-26-2017, 01:23 AM
Plenty of teams would pick him up as a backup 1/2 guard. He plays solid D and shot 44% including 37% from 3. He's not a star but certainly not the scrub people make him out to be

zn23
04-26-2017, 01:25 AM
Plenty of teams would pick him up as a backup 1/2 guard. He plays solid D and shot 44% including 37% from 3. He's not a star but certainly not the scrub people make him out to be

He's definitely a scrub. Look at his advanced numbers...

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 01:26 AM

I don't think he is an ideal backup gaurd, but I would take him over the trio of pg's we have backing up hill this year.