PDA

View Full Version : WC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Clippers (4) vs Jazz (5) Jazz lead 3-2

Pages : 1 [2]

europagnpilgrim
04-26-2017, 01:28 AM
can't defend that shot much better then that. cp3 has been so good this series. sometimes I wonder if he should just shoot more.

He has too, I have said it over and over if they want to advance and that is with a healthy Blake or not, but even more now since that is 25ppg out the lineup

CP3 is just a pure happy PG who loves the assists but he can get 25-30pts if he just said **** it, but his DNA is to drop dimes and bring the fight on defense

tredigs
04-26-2017, 01:29 AM
can't defend that shot much better then that. cp3 has been so good this series. sometimes I wonder if he should just shoot more.

That's the only knock on CP3, but it's a big one. At times he is just not assertive enough.

Jets012
04-26-2017, 01:35 AM
Feel so bad for CP3. Playing out of his mind and he's getting held back by every single player on his team. His coach is an idiot too. One of the worst in the league. Rotations are so poor.

-DeAndre can't hit FTs. Horrible to have out there in the final minutes.
-Jamal Crawford is a terrible player. Inefficient chucker who plays zero defense
-Austin Rivers should be playing in Europe somewhere.
-The Clippers bench did nothing today. Pierce should have retired years ago. Didn't know Bass was still in the league.
-Mbah a Moute is clueless offensively. Solid defensively.
-Redick can't defend. He'd be a fantastic 6th man.

When you look at this team right now without Blake, it's ****ing horrible. It's Chris Paul, a solid player with flaws in DeAndre, a great 6th man, and a bunch of bums. The fact they've been competitive is a testament to Paul.

zn23
04-26-2017, 01:40 AM
Feel so bad for CP3. Playing out of his mind and he's getting held back by every single player on his team. His coach is an idiot too. One of the worst in the league. Rotations are so poor.

-DeAndre can't hit FTs. Horrible to have out there in the final minutes.
-Jamal Crawford is a terrible player. Inefficient chucker who plays zero defense
-Austin Rivers should be playing in Europe somewhere.
-The Clippers bench did nothing today. Pierce should have retired years ago. Didn't know Bass was still in the league.
-Mbah a Moute is clueless offensively. Solid defensively.
-Redick can't defend. He'd be a fantastic 6th man.

When you look at this team right now without Blake, it's ****ing horrible. It's Chris Paul, a solid player with flaws in DeAndre, a great 6th man, and a bunch of bums. The fact they've been competitive is a testament to Paul.

I just really hope Doc gets fired.

JAZZNC
04-26-2017, 01:48 AM
I'm just happy to see the Jazz be able to pull out some close games. I actually did feel sorry for Paul this game, he did probably everything humanly possible and still couldn't get a win with Hood, Hill, and Ingles playing like crap offensively. Doc certainly has to go win or lose this series. He has got to be the most overrated coach ever. Or it could just be that he's that bad of a GM that he hasn't given himself anything to work with as a coach....which is even worse.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 01:50 AM
About to be a first round exit for CP

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 01:54 AM
That site that I saw Paul ranked above Wade all time was hilarious. Guy hasn't even made it to a WCF for crying out loud :laugh:

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 02:01 AM
That site that I saw Paul ranked above Wade all time was hilarious. Guy hasn't even made it to a WCF for crying out loud :laugh:

If only paul had prime Shaq/Prime Lebron Right? Id take cp3 over wade without hesitation.

Lakers + Giants
04-26-2017, 02:05 AM
If only paul had prime Shaq/Prime Lebron Right? Id take cp3 over wade without hesitation.

TBF wade at least took advantage of the opportunity, CP3 teams keep underachieving year after year. IDC what chronz says about overachieving, they have underachieved for quite some time now. I mean, at least Wade was able to do something with those stacked teams, CP3 hasn't been able to do so. Am I saying CP3 is to blame? No, but you can't give him a pass either, if youre that talented year after year you should be able to get further than the 2nd round..

lol, please
04-26-2017, 02:06 AM
Churro juice.

:laugh:

King Charles Barkley has me cramping

:laugh:

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 02:06 AM

Lmaooo Wade has taken a **** and then some on Paul's career pal.

lol, please
04-26-2017, 02:11 AM
cause I much rather sit at my computer and watch it.

I sit at mine for work long enough lol, It's a few feet to a more comfy couch and my big screen with HD cable.

thought about getting rid of cable for a while now and would have to do the same thing... Not going out on a tuesday at 1 in the morning to watch a game lol

Until I can find all of Basketball/baseball/NFL/boxing on ONE source reliably, AND cheaper, I will keep cable. I have no problem dishing out about a c-note for HD quality, live sports. None.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 02:14 AM
I sit at mine for work long enough lol, It's a few feet to a more comfy couch and my big screen with HD cable.

Until I can find all of Basketball/baseball/NFL/boxing on ONE source reliably, AND cheaper, I will keep cable. I have no problem dishing out about a c-note for HD quality, live sports. None.

my cable bill is 200 a month lol... without star/hbo and ****

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 02:19 AM

the problem with that is since I live in the blackout area but not in Utah, the only way I can watch it is to buy the super satellite packages. I don't watch that much tv for that ever to be worth it.

dhopisthename
04-26-2017, 02:20 AM

wow that's a ton.

lol, please
04-26-2017, 02:23 AM

How dude?

I pay like 120 for both cable and blazing fast interwebz. Comcast. Do you have one of those outrageous packages?

the problem with that is since I live in the blackout area but not in Utah, the only way I can watch it is to buy the super satellite packages. I don't watch that much tv for that ever to be worth it.

Respect for being a Utah-ian? Have a heck of a good team out there, probably the toughest challenge for the Warriors of all the playoff teams left, after the Raptors. It's going to be one heck of a series next round.

zn23
04-26-2017, 02:24 AM
TBF wade at least took advantage of the opportunity, CP3 teams keep underachieving year after year. IDC what chronz says about overachieving, they have underachieved for quite some time now. I mean, at least Wade was able to do something with those stacked teams, CP3 hasn't been able to do so. Am I saying CP3 is to blame? No, but you can't give him a pass either, if youre that talented year after year you should be able to get further than the 2nd round..

That doesn't even compare though. You can't compare Blake Griffin to having Shaq and LeBron.

Remember when he didn't have Shaq in 08 and in 09? The Heat lost in the first round of the playoffs both years.

CP3 had minimal help in New Orleans. He leaves to come to LA and his best players are a guy who catches lobs and Blake Griffin who can't stay healthy. Then he gets Doc Rivers who kills their bench.

lol, please
04-26-2017, 02:26 AM
That doesn't even compare though. You can't compare Blake Griffin to having Shaq and LeBron.

Remember when he didn't have Shaq in 08 and in 09? The Heat lost in the first round of the playoffs both years.

CP3 had minimal help in New Orleans. He leaves to come to LA and his best players are a guy who catches lobs and Blake Griffin who can't stay healthy. Then he gets Doc Rivers who kills their bench.
That's been the case for years, lol.

So my question is, where did this fantasy come from where, when the Warriors were starting to emerge, that the Clippers were also some "hot up and coming team" that was going to be some contender?

I NEVER believed it. Not 5 years ago, not 4, not 3, not now.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-26-2017, 02:28 AM
That's been the case for years, lol.

So my question is, where did this fantasy come from where, when the Warriors were starting to emerge, that the Clippers were also some "hot up and coming team" that was going to be some contender?

I NEVER believed it. Not 5 years ago, not 4, not 3, not now.

People have been calling them the dark horse team every year seemingly since CP went to LA. Never bought the hype.

Firefistus
04-26-2017, 02:31 AM
So one GLARING issue I saw, at the end of the 4th quarter Doc Rivers said in his interview they had to get the Jazz to miss some shots so they can run their faster paced tempo.....

The Jazz had one of the worst shooting games I've seen all year....That game was just awful to watch. Neither team could hit the broadside of a barn.

I sure hope Hood can get out of his shooting funk for the Warriors, we're going to need him for it. I'm not too worried about Ingles.

And I'm not expecting the Jazz to beat the warriors, I don't think anyone is expecting that, it's the first time the Jazz have made the playoffs in a while, so we're just happy to be relevant again. But you don't want to get swept.

First things first though!! 1 more to go before we reach the second round!! Go Jazz!!

lol, please
04-26-2017, 02:36 AM
People have been calling them the dark horse team every year seemingly since CP went to LA. Never bought the hype.

Well said.

That's two of us then.

WaDe03
04-26-2017, 09:56 AM

Lmao! You have to be trolling because there's literally no argument for Paul over Wade. Shaq dominated in the finals didn't he?

These Clippers teams have had more talent than any team Wade has been on other than the big 3 years. Deanadre first team all NBA and all defense, Blake being a top 10 player most of the year, Reddick being one of the best shooters, etc.

06 Wade had Shaq who was nearly out of his prime, he was by no means Lakers shaq and a bunch of vets.

WaDe03
04-26-2017, 09:56 AM
The Clippers break up is on the horizon.

ewing
04-26-2017, 11:05 AM
I just really hope Doc gets fired.

I actually think he is a decent coach just a bad GM. I really don't know if you can do both jobs

Scoots
04-26-2017, 11:13 AM

You're going to lose the "one source" ... right now cable/sat is being propped up by live sports, but with subscribers plummeting and now Amazon bought the streaming rights to some NFL games the writing is on the wall.

Scoots
04-26-2017, 11:17 AM
I actually think he is a decent coach just a bad GM. I really don't know if you can do both jobs

He may be a decent coach ... he's not a great coach, and I've heard him called that a lot over the years.

And yes, the GM MUST be fired.

FlashBolt
04-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Lmao! You have to be trolling because there's literally no argument for Paul over Wade. Shaq dominated in the finals didn't he?

These Clippers teams have had more talent than any team Wade has been on other than the big 3 years. Deanadre first team all NBA and all defense, Blake being a top 10 player most of the year, Reddick being one of the best shooters, etc.

06 Wade had Shaq who was nearly out of his prime, he was by no means Lakers shaq and a bunch of vets.

You're underestimating how great CP3 is. Granted, I'd take Wade too if we're talking about their prime but CP3's longevity surpasses Wade.

WaDe03
04-26-2017, 12:04 PM
You're underestimating how great CP3 is. Granted, I'd take Wade too if we're talking about their prime but CP3's longevity surpasses Wade.

He said he would take CP3 "without hesitation" over Wade as if he's easily better than Wade. CP3 isn't the better player and hasn't had a better career so I'm not sure how anyone would take Paul over Wade.

CP3 is one of my favorite players all time and I probably have him in the 30-40 range if I sat down and thought about it but there's a big gap between top 20 and top 30-40 imo.

GiantsSwaGG
04-26-2017, 12:32 PM
This Clipper team needs Melo...

eDush
04-26-2017, 01:26 PM
This Clipper team needs Melo...No they don't...in a few years he will be as ineffective as PP in the playoffs :(

eDush
04-26-2017, 01:31 PM

He said he would take CP3 "without hesitation" over Wade as if he's easily better than Wade. CP3 isn't the better player and hasn't had a better career so I'm not sure how anyone would take Paul over Wade.

CP3 is one of my favorite players all time and I probably have him in the 30-40 range if I sat down and thought about it but there's a big gap between top 20 and top 30-40 imo.If both was still in their prime, it would not be an easy decision between PP and Wade both being dominant in what they do. I would take PP as he is more clutch in big game situations and a better inspiration to his teammates imo :nod:. You would choose cause you are a Wade fan (duh) but he was also unstoppable in his prime and why they won the finals when Shaq was on the team :clap:.

WaDe03
04-26-2017, 02:08 PM
If both was still in their prime, it would not be an easy decision between PP and Wade both being dominant in what they do. I would take PP as he is more clutch in big game situations and a better inspiration to his teammates imo :nod:. You would choose cause you are a Wade fan (duh) but he was also unstoppable in his prime and why they won the finals when Shaq was on the team :clap:.

PP as in Paul Pierce? Wade is more clutch than either and known as one of the best leaders in sports when he was in Miami so I'm not sure where you're coming to that conclusion lol.

mightybosstone
04-26-2017, 02:18 PM
If both was still in their prime, it would not be an easy decision between PP and Wade both being dominant in what they do. I would take PP as he is more clutch in big game situations and a better inspiration to his teammates imo :nod:. You would choose cause you are a Wade fan (duh) but he was also unstoppable in his prime and why they won the finals when Shaq was on the team :clap:.

I think most NBA fans, regardless of their fandom, would easily take Wade's career over Pierce's. Pierce has an edge in terms of longevity, but Wade was just a much better basketball player at his peak than Pierce ever was. Wade was a top 5 guy for the better part of the decade and finished in the top 10 in MVP voting eight times in his career. Pierce accomplished that feat once, and I'm not sure if we were to break down every season of their careers that Pierce was ever one of the 5 best players in the league at any given time.

Also, to argue that Pierce is more clutch seems a little crazy to me when Wade had one of the greatest postseasons and Finals in the history of the NBA in 2006. The dude was pretty clutch in his prime.

Heediot
04-26-2017, 02:39 PM

Cp3's TRUE PRIME in unknown IMO. That knee injury fukced him over. He was still great due to his bball iq and skill. Man if he didn't get that knee injury your talking about a guy that would probably be 2 or 3 best PG of all time IMO.

eDush
04-26-2017, 03:12 PM

PP as in Paul Pierce? Wade is more clutch than either and known as one of the best leaders in sports when he was in Miami so I'm not sure where you're coming to that conclusion lol.That might be true but PP was very clutch in big games as well but I still think PP is a better team leader. Wade was less so during his prime and more of a me guy but not as much where he was tag as a me guy like a Kobe or AI. Greatness do spawn a demand for the ball to create magic on their own which is part of human nature for great players! :nod:

Here's a question....can a prime Wade be as effective as Lebron now with the current Cavs roster?!?

eDush
04-26-2017, 03:20 PM

I think most NBA fans, regardless of their fandom, would easily take Wade's career over Pierce's. Pierce has an edge in terms of longevity, but Wade was just a much better basketball player at his peak than Pierce ever was. Wade was a top 5 guy for the better part of the decade and finished in the top 10 in MVP voting eight times in his career. Pierce accomplished that feat once, and I'm not sure if we were to break down every season of their careers that Pierce was ever one of the 5 best players in the league at any given time.

Also, to argue that Pierce is more clutch seems a little crazy to me when Wade had one of the greatest postseasons and Finals in the history of the NBA in 2006. The dude was pretty clutch in his prime.Fair enough as i didn't mean clutch by a wide margin if it came across that way :(.

Question - if you replace Lebron now with a prime Wade on the current Cavs roster....would he be just as effective in helping the Cavs beat the Warriors in the finals last season or (less or more) so?!?

:shrug:

GiantsSwaGG
04-26-2017, 03:35 PM
No they don't...in a few years he will be as ineffective as PP in the playoffs :(

That's pretty much the window for the clippers. Plus Melo has at least 3 season left before he becomes what PP is now

WaDe03
04-26-2017, 04:32 PM
That might be true but PP was very clutch in big games as well but I still think PP is a better team leader. Wade was less so during his prime and more of a me guy but not as much where he was tag as a me guy like a Kobe or AI. Greatness do spawn a demand for the ball to create magic on their own which is part of human nature for great players! :nod:

Here's a question....can a prime Wade be as effective as Lebron now with the current Cavs roster?!?

Next to Kyrie Love Thompson and a 3 and D SF? I would say so, this has nothing to do with Wade vs Pierce though lol

FlashBolt
04-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Fair enough as i didn't mean clutch by a wide margin if it came across that way :(.

Question - if you replace Lebron now with a prime Wade on the current Cavs roster....would he be just as effective in helping the Cavs beat the Warriors in the finals last season or (less or more) so?!?

How about NO? Are you kidding me? This year or last year's LeBron has been better than Wade ever was. And that's not being biased. I like Wade but Wade was never THAT good. That's a testament of how great LeBron really is. A down year for him is most elite player's best season ever.

eDush
04-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Fair enough as i didn't mean clutch by a wide margin if it came across that way :(.

How about NO? Are you kidding me? This year or last year's LeBron has been better than Wade ever was. And that's not being biased. I like Wade but Wade was never THAT good. That's a testament of how great LeBron really is. A down year for him is most elite player's best season ever.But we were talking about a prime Wade, the one who won the finals with Shaq who also acknowledged Wade was the MVP. Not this shriveled up past his prime Wade that many are having a hard time removing from their memory perhaps :(.

He was unstoppable at one time.... :nod:

More-Than-Most
04-26-2017, 09:12 PM

CP3 is one of my favorite players all time and I probably have him in the 30-40 range if I sat down and thought about it but there's a big gap between top 20 and top 30-40 imo.

um we are talking about the entire package so yes longevity matters like he said... Now factor in how CP3 has been by far one of the best defenders in basketball over his entire career.. Id take CP3 whom will distance himself even further over the next few years unless you go by idiots who use championships as an argument.... CP3 was a very good shooting High assist PG with insane defense and limited turnovers... He was/is by far the complete package.... wades prime was damn good but it last what 6 or 7 seasons and then the drop off was real where he was alright being a secondary option at best.

Jets012
04-26-2017, 09:22 PM
I'd take CP3 over Wade too. It's close, but I'm comfortable with CP3. Wade has had a substantial advantage in terms of being in more favorable situations. Not even close.

TrueFan420
04-26-2017, 09:34 PM
I feel weird saying this but I hope this series goes 7 games to buy time for Kerr, our coach, to get healthy.

FlashBolt
04-26-2017, 09:39 PM
But we were talking about a prime Wade, the one who won the finals with Shaq who also acknowledged Wade was the MVP. Not this shriveled up past his prime Wade that many are having a hard time removing from their memory perhaps :(.

He was unstoppable at one time.... :nod:

longevity matters. CP3 is a better player for their career. Take the rings out (let's be honest. Wade still has one ring if not for LeBron), then CP3 is still the better player. If we're talking about who I'd take if it was for their peak season (09-09 Wade vs CP3, I'd take Wade. but for a career? Easily CP3.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Hard to get more favorable than what CP3 has had with the Clippers. Wade didn't need LeBron or Bosh to win a ring and Finals MVP cause he did it with an ineffective Shaq years before they got there.

The fact is, if CP3 was as good as so many people thought he was, this series would already be over. They should have won game 1 on their own floor with no Gobert. They shouldn't have blown a huge 4th quarter lead in game 4 with a hobbled Gobert and Hayward playing just 9 minutes. The fact that they failed to do that and our now heading back to Utah down 3-2 after losing another home game says enough about CP3 as a winner.

If you want to use the Blake excuse, think of it the other way. The Clippers got their two wins in the two games that Gobert missed. If Gobert doesn't get hurt in game 1, this series is already over - in favor of Utah.

CP3 can take his stats and advanced metrics and go home. Again.

Jets012
04-27-2017, 12:38 AM
Hard to get more favorable than what CP3 has had with the Clippers. Wade didn't need LeBron or Bosh to win a ring and Finals MVP cause he did it with an ineffective Shaq years before they got there.

The fact is, if CP3 was as good as so many people thought he was, this series would already be over. They should have won game 1 on their own floor with no Gobert. They shouldn't have blown a huge 4th quarter lead in game 4 with a hobbled Gobert and Hayward playing just 9 minutes. The fact that they failed to do that and our now heading back to Utah down 3-2 after losing another home game says enough about CP3 as a winner.

If you want to use the Blake excuse, think of it the other way. The Clippers got their two wins in the two games that Gobert missed. If Gobert doesn't get hurt in game 1, this series is already over - in favor of Utah.

This post is so ridiculous I don't even want to address it lol. It's just such a ****** opinion no offense. That ineffective Shaq averaged 20 and 10 in nearly 30 minutes during that finals year. Wade has played with LeBron and Shaq. Chris Paul has played with who? David West and Blake Griffin who can't even stay healthy.

Listen they'll comparable players. First off, you have to understand how many teams win titles led by Point Guards. Substantially less than teams led by guys at other positions. Yes I know Steph was the best player on a Warriors team, but that team had all-time level great talent. Put CP3 on that team and they probably win as well.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-27-2017, 01:11 AM
Lmfao at these idiots taking CP3 over Wade. It's always excuse after excuse for CP3 and that's how it always been for him. Did I really read taht Paul has had a better career than Wade? LMAOOO. Until one of you dumbshit buffoons gives me an actual reason as to why CP3 hasn't so much as made it to a WCF, he sits as an absolute scrub to me. Whoops, didn't mean to interrupt your beating off to CP moment. Carry on.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2017, 01:21 AM
This post is so ridiculous I don't even want to address it lol. It's just such a ****** opinion no offense. That ineffective Shaq averaged 20 and 10 in nearly 30 minutes during that finals year. Wade has played with LeBron and Shaq. Chris Paul has played with who? David West and Blake Griffin who can't even stay healthy.

Listen they'll comparable players. First off, you have to understand how many teams win titles led by Point Guards. Substantially less than teams led by guys at other positions. Yes I know Steph was the best player on a Warriors team, but that team had all-time level great talent. Put CP3 on that team and they probably win as well.

21/10 on 60 percent shooting and dominated the paint lol.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2017, 01:22 AM
Lmfao at these idiots taking CP3 over Wade. It's always excuse after excuse for CP3 and that's how it always been for him. Did I really read taht Paul has had a better career than Wade? LMAOOO. Until one of you dumbshit buffoons gives me an actual reason as to why CP3 hasn't so much as made it to a WCF, he sits as an absolute scrub to me. Whoops, didn't mean to interrupt your beating off to CP moment. Carry on.

So what is your take on Stockton and malone never winning a ring? Or Marino never winning a superbowl?

HandsOnTheWheel
04-27-2017, 01:29 AM
So what is your take on Stockton and malone never winning a ring? Or Marino never winning a superbowl?

At least Stockton, Malone, and Marino can say they made it to the big stage, let alone their respective semifinal. Do I really have to enunciate it slowly? Paul has never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Until he does, take a seat cowboy.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2017, 01:43 AM
At least Stockton, Malone, and Marino can say they made it to the big stage, let alone their respective semifinal. Do I really have to enunciate it slowly? Paul has never made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Until he does, take a seat cowboy.

Stockton had ****ing Malone and vice versa in a weak sad west at the time... Just stop.

FOXHOUND
04-27-2017, 02:18 AM

More like 14 and 10...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2006-nba-finals-heat-vs-mavericks.html

And yes, I understand that Shaq was good throughout the year before that. I also understand that Wade did stuff like shoot 61% in the ECF.

Why are we crapping on David West? He had David West, Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic in New Orleans. West and Chandler went on to win at a pretty decent rate without Paul, if I remember correctly. That team was real good.

What's wrong with Blake Griffin, the 4-time All-NBA player who was 2nd Team for 3 years straight? What's wrong with DeAndre Jordan, the 2-time All-NBA and 1st Team All-Defensive player? What's wrong with JJ Redick, who is one of the best shooters in the NBA and a top 10 SG easy? What's wrong with Mbah a Moute, a criminally underrated 3 and D player this season? What's wrong with Jamal Crawford, who has won 6MoY 2x in a Clippers jersey? What's wrong with Doc Rivers, the NBA championship winning coach with a career record of 804-584 (.579) in the regular season and 79-74 (.513) in the postseason?

I get that with PG's, but you know what? Steve Nash led the Suns to the WCF three times, including without Amare one year with Diaw in his place. Deron Williams led the Jazz to the WCF with Carlos Boozer, AK47 and Mehmet Okur. How much help does this guy need to get to the WCF just once? Not win a title or even get to the NBA Finals, just the WCF. So few teams have had three All-NBA players on it in history. By that metric, he's already had an all-time talented team.

Sorry, the excuses for him just ran out a long time ago. About the time where they blew a 3-1 series lead vs Houston, including a game 5 where they blew a 13-point lead entering the 4th with Houston benching Harden. That Blake Griffin guy, by the way, averaged 27 PTS, 12 REB and 5 AST while shooting .555 from the field that series.

FOXHOUND
04-27-2017, 02:19 AM
Stockton had ****ing Malone and vice versa in a weak sad west at the time... Just stop.

And Chris Paul apparently needs LeBron James just to get to the WCF. Or, basically, he needs someone better than he is.

Heediot
04-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Paul's team have always been inferior when he lost in the playoffs except when they choked to Houston. He should have made the WCF that year no excuses.

Heediot
04-27-2017, 07:34 AM

The west was pretty competitive, I don't think they were that weak. There was more parity back then due to how the salary cap, max contracts and how rookie contracts worked. Building a upper team through free agency was unheard of. You could do so through smart trades though.

Scoots
04-27-2017, 08:37 AM
The west was pretty competitive, I don't think they were that weak. There was more parity back then due to how the salary cap, max contracts and how rookie contracts worked. Building a upper team through free agency was unheard of. You could do so through smart trades though.

More parity ... Malone/Stockton were at their peak in the late 80s and the 90s. The title breakdown in this era of parity goes like this: Bulls 6 titles, Lakers 2 titles, Rockets 2 titles (with the * that Jordan wasn't playing), Pistons 2 titles. Yeah, over those 12 years it was like any team could win the title :)

The fact is there are always teams that are run better or are luckier to assemble the talent to be above the majority of the other teams. In that time period there were a lot of western teams with superstar talent, but they were flawed teams too. Maybe if Barkley, Drexler, and the Dream got together earlier things would have worked out different.

Heediot
04-27-2017, 08:47 AM
More parity ... Malone/Stockton were at their peak in the late 80s and the 90s. The title breakdown in this era of parity goes like this: Bulls 6 titles, Lakers 2 titles, Rockets 2 titles (with the * that Jordan wasn't playing), Pistons 2 titles. Yeah, over those 12 years it was like any team could win the title :)

The fact is there are always teams that are run better or are luckier to assemble the talent to be above the majority of the other teams. In that time period there were a lot of western teams with superstar talent, but they were flawed teams too. Maybe if Barkley, Drexler, and the Dream got together earlier things would have worked out different.

I see what your saying. I still think the west was competitive and not weak back in the 90's. The west had more 2nd tier contenders vs. the east IMO. The Bulls were the only 1st tier contender, and they were a dynasty.

Scoots
04-27-2017, 09:32 AM
I see what your saying. I still think the west was competitive and not weak back in the 90's. The west had more 2nd tier contenders vs. the east IMO. The Bulls were the only 1st tier contender, and they were a dynasty.

True. Actually the Pistons were the top tier until Jordan got a team built around him that could get past the Pistons.

WaDe03
04-27-2017, 09:50 AM
How about NO? Are you kidding me? This year or last year's LeBron has been better than Wade ever was. And that's not being biased. I like Wade but Wade was never THAT good. That's a testament of how great LeBron really is. A down year for him is most elite player's best season ever.

Lmao!!!

You know better than that. 2008-2009 Wade is better than current LeBron and 2006-2007 pre injury Wade is too. He was top 3 in MVP and DPOY in 2008-2009. He was definitely the better 2 way player. Is he better than peak LeBron? No, but he's better than current LeBron. The NBA is lucky he got injured in 2006-2007 and that he was surrounded by scrubs in 2008-2009.

WaDe03
04-27-2017, 09:54 AM
longevity matters. CP3 is a better player for their career. Take the rings out (let's be honest. Wade still has one ring if not for LeBron), then CP3 is still the better player. If we're talking about who I'd take if it was for their peak season (09-09 Wade vs CP3, I'd take Wade. but for a career? Easily CP3.

Well **** if LeBron just hands out championships he should've given Wade one in 2011 and 2014 too. It's a ****ing team game! They don't win without his contributions in 2012 or 2013.

WaDe03
04-27-2017, 09:55 AM
You're crazy if you take CP3 over Wade. If you put prime Wade with this current group on the Clippers they're contenders. CP3 has had a very nice supporting cast the last 6 years or so and has done absolutely nothing with it.

dhopisthename
04-27-2017, 01:03 PM
why in the world is this thread about cp3 vs Wade. Let's talk about the fact that the Jazz have been a great team all year and are showing it so far in this series. This isn't the clippers choking again its the Jazz being a better a team who would have a better record if they hadn't been the most injured team in the NBA. With all that said the Clippers can certainly win a game in Utah and can certainly still win this series.

WaDe03
04-27-2017, 01:08 PM
why in the world is this thread about cp3 vs Wade. Let's talk about the fact that the Jazz have been a great team all year and are showing it so far in this series. This isn't the clippers choking again its the Jazz being a better a team who would have a better record if they hadn't been the most injured team in the NBA. With all that said the Clippers can certainly win a game in Utah and can certainly still win this series.

You all will win and CP3 will come to Chicago.

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Cp3 is overrated. He's solid but way overrated.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Lmao!!!

You know better than that. 2008-2009 Wade is better than current LeBron and 2006-2007 pre injury Wade is too. He was top 3 in MVP and DPOY in 2008-2009. He was definitely the better 2 way player. Is he better than peak LeBron? No, but he's better than current LeBron. The NBA is lucky he got injured in 2006-2007 and that he was surrounded by scrubs in 2008-2009.

1) Current LeBron took the Warriors out. What did Wade in 08-09 do against the Hawks? Are you serious? Wade couldn't get past the Hawks but you just said the same Wade can get past the Warriors?
2) No, sorry but Wade was exceptional but you comparing him to LeBron is ridiculous. LeBron is mentally more prepared than Wade ever was and that matters.
3) Okay, and as we all know, awards don't mean you're the better player. Do you really think LeBron sits there and says "I want to be the DPOY and MVP this season."? I'm pretty sure he wants to win championships.
4) NBA was lucky he got injured? He got injured, end of story. Not anyone's fault Wade didn't repair his knee in college.

Your fandom with Wade is weird and obsessive. We can make a poll and see who would actually take 08-09 Wade over current LeBron.. because it ain't close.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 02:13 PM
You're crazy if you take CP3 over Wade. If you put prime Wade with this current group on the Clippers they're contenders. CP3 has had a very nice supporting cast the last 6 years or so and has done absolutely nothing with it.

I would take CP3 over his entire career over Wade, yes. CP3+Bron+Bosh would have been better than Wade+Bron+Bosh and that's easy to see. Wade hasn't been better than CP3 since 2011.

Firefistus
04-28-2017, 05:59 PM
I would agree, mainly because it seems Paul is marginally healthier than Wade. I don't know if that's actually true, but it seems like he's less injury prone. But I think a healthy Wade was better than Paul. He just isn't healthy most the time.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 06:28 PM
I would take CP3 over his entire career over Wade, yes. CP3+Bron+Bosh would have been better than Wade+Bron+Bosh and that's easy to see. Wade hasn't been better than CP3 since 2011.

Lmao based on what? Who's higher on your all time list? And if we're talking about taking someone for their careers give me the winner who's the better player anyways.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 06:31 PM
1) Current LeBron took the Warriors out. What did Wade in 08-09 do against the Hawks? Are you serious? Wade couldn't get past the Hawks but you just said the same Wade can get past the Warriors?
2) No, sorry but Wade was exceptional but you comparing him to LeBron is ridiculous. LeBron is mentally more prepared than Wade ever was and that matters.
3) Okay, and as we all know, awards don't mean you're the better player. Do you really think LeBron sits there and says "I want to be the DPOY and MVP this season."? I'm pretty sure he wants to win championships.
4) NBA was lucky he got injured? He got injured, end of story. Not anyone's fault Wade didn't repair his knee in college.

Your fandom with Wade is weird and obsessive. We can make a poll and see who would actually take 08-09 Wade over current LeBron.. because it ain't close.

Coming from a guy with a LeBron obsession.

Look at LeBrons teammates compared to Wades 08-09 team. A bunch of scrubs around Wade and 2 rookies compared to LeBrons stacked *** team.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 06:32 PM
CP3 should join Wade this summer so he can learn what it takes to win like LeBron did.

Oh yea and Wade in 08-09 was better than 05-06 Wade and we all saw what he did in the 06 Finals.

Chronz
04-28-2017, 09:33 PM
CP3 should join Wade this summer so he can learn what it takes to win like LeBron did.

Oh yea and Wade in 08-09 was better than 05-06 Wade and we all saw what he did in the 06 Finals.

You cant learn from has beens tho..... Look at Paul Pierce.

Hard to get more favorable in the sense that its hard to get quality teammates/coaching/franchises to begin with and only the upper echelon of teams have an elite blend. Take CP3 away and I can think of many better situations, he tends to lose to those teams IMO.

And I disagree with Shaq being ineffective, he was the MVP of the Detroit series IMO (he was really good defensively). Its true that he averaged 14-10 or whatever it was during the Finals but he was hard doubled(aka tower doubled by 2 7 footers/bigs). It got to the point where Wade told Shaq he was going to take advantage more often if they kept playing him that way. The Mavs struggled all year to contain swings as it was, imagine having to compromise your defense for an "ineffective" player. He has his moments in those Finals.

Nah, the complexity/outcome of every game can swing based on the motivational factors at play. Besides, its not like we havent seen superior teams lose G1 of a series and come back to win in whatever arbitrary game you deem relevant. This entire series is twisted and thats without taking into account Blakes already superior production on top the inferior depth that replaces him in comparison to Gobert/Utah. Playoff Blake matters more to the Clippers IMO

Well yeah, its sort of a team game.

I get that with PG's, but you know what? Steve Nash led the Suns to the WCF three times, including without Amare one year with Diaw in his place. Deron Williams led the Jazz to the WCF with Carlos Boozer, AK47 and Mehmet Okur. How much help does this guy need to get to the WCF just once? Not win a title or even get to the NBA Finals, just the WCF. So few teams have had three All-NBA players on it in history. By that metric, he's already had an all-time talented team.

I disagreed with the entirety of your post but this part is especially indicative of the different way we view the game. Brace yourself for a snide remark but I prefer a more nuanced approach than attributing such significance to reaching an arbitrary round of a tournament.

Put it this way, you've never felt a superior team lost earlier than they would have in a different season with the exact same core if not superior? You've never thought of a non-champ that could've won more or less in a different season?

Like lets examine the core of Deron, Booz, Okur+Elite coaching and role players.

They made the WCF the FIRST year that core made the playoffs together and never made it back, would you truly attribute that fact to the notion that they never improved upon what is essentially the least productive seasons of their best players. I know you have this schtick about the regular season not meaning much but its not exactly meaningless. Theres a reason teams invest in all sorts of projection models, they're fairly predictive and better than going on just your gut instincts about what you think you're watching in whatever minuscule amount of games you watch (in comparison to the 82 x 30 games worth of plays that actually occurs).

Maybe its (FAR) more likely that the Jazz made the playoffs and improved from their initial experience, they simply never had the same favorable environment.

Year 1: They face a tough Houston squad but they had a clear matchup advantage that I would explain if you disagreed with but I wouldn't deny this series could've gone either way. After that they faced the Warriors who only got that far because they had THE Matchup Advantage in NBA History(imo) when they upset the 1 seed, which I hope requires no explanation but suffice it to say, those match up advantages weren't plausible against Utah so they crushed them with ease. Clips would crush most 8th seeds if they could upset the 1 seed too IMO. When Utah faced the Spurs they were laughably out of their league just like the Clips were when we faced them in our first playoff run and Blake/DJ were pups/non-closers + CP3 was really injured (even Pop agreed).

The Jazz of the next few years would have pushed the Spurs harder, instead this happened.

Year 2: Utah improves upon its prior record, but in a competitive conference, they remain the 4 seed. Only this year, instead of facing a once in a lifetime beneficiary of team, they face the team that crushed its 8th seed like the fly it was and they lose in 6 to Kobe's Lakers. Before that, they defeated a highly injured Houston team.

Year 3: This is the year Boozer struggled with injuries and Milsap came into his own, they finished as the 8th seed (2 wins fewer than Y1) and were swept in R.1 with everyone back in the fold.

Year 4: They rebound and post their 2nd best RS of this stretch, both by wins and SRS, which I would argue undersells their improvement considering how long the core had been together ( subjectively I feel older/familiar cores coast more during the RS and I think they relied on their best players/lineups less.).

They again lose to Kobe's Lakers in RII after facing a discombobulated Denver team in R1.

So in that 4 year stretch you think they were at their best Y1? Or do you agree that they just had an easier path despite being an inferior team than what they eventually became.

CP3 loses to teams where he would have an easier environment had he been in the opposing PG's shoes or the opposing star. Like if the Thunder had CP3 instead of RWB, I doubt the Thunder lose to the Clips. So to with the Spurs and TP or Memphis with Conley, Houston with Harden considering they won largely in spite of his efforts and so on.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 10:55 PM
You cant learn from has beens tho..... Look at Paul Pierce.

Hard to get more favorable in the sense that its hard to get quality teammates/coaching/franchises to begin with and only the upper echelon of teams have an elite blend. Take CP3 away and I can think of many better situations, he tends to lose to those teams IMO.

And I disagree with Shaq being ineffective, he was the MVP of the Detroit series IMO (he was really good defensively). Its true that he averaged 14-10 or whatever it was during the Finals but he was hard doubled(aka tower doubled by 2 7 footers/bigs). It got to the point where Wade told Shaq he was going to take advantage more often if they kept playing him that way. The Mavs struggled all year to contain swings as it was, imagine having to compromise your defense for an "ineffective" player. He has his moments in those Finals.

Nah, the complexity/outcome of every game can swing based on the motivational factors at play. Besides, its not like we havent seen superior teams lose G1 of a series and come back to win in whatever arbitrary game you deem relevant. This entire series is twisted and thats without taking into account Blakes already superior production on top the inferior depth that replaces him in comparison to Gobert/Utah. Playoff Blake matters more to the Clippers IMO

Well yeah, its sort of a team game.

I disagreed with the entirety of your post but this part is especially indicative of the different way we view the game. Brace yourself for a snide remark but I prefer a more nuanced approach than attributing such significance to reaching an arbitrary round of a tournament.

Put it this way, you've never felt a superior team lost earlier than they would have in a different season with the exact same core if not superior? You've never thought of a non-champ that could've won more or less in a different season?

Like lets examine the core of Deron, Booz, Okur+Elite coaching and role players.

They made the WCF the FIRST year that core made the playoffs together and never made it back, would you truly attribute that fact to the notion that they never improved upon what is essentially the least productive seasons of their best players. I know you have this schtick about the regular season not meaning much but its not exactly meaningless. Theres a reason teams invest in all sorts of projection models, they're fairly predictive and better than going on just your gut instincts about what you think you're watching in whatever minuscule amount of games you watch (in comparison to the 82 x 30 games worth of plays that actually occurs).

Maybe its (FAR) more likely that the Jazz made the playoffs and improved from their initial experience, they simply never had the same favorable environment.

Year 1: They face a tough Houston squad but they had a clear matchup advantage that I would explain if you disagreed with but I wouldn't deny this series could've gone either way. After that they faced the Warriors who only got that far because they had THE Matchup Advantage in NBA History(imo) when they upset the 1 seed, which I hope requires no explanation but suffice it to say, those match up advantages weren't plausible against Utah so they crushed them with ease. Clips would crush most 8th seeds if they could upset the 1 seed too IMO. When Utah faced the Spurs they were laughably out of their league just like the Clips were when we faced them in our first playoff run and Blake/DJ were pups/non-closers + CP3 was really injured (even Pop agreed).

The Jazz of the next few years would have pushed the Spurs harder, instead this happened.

Year 2: Utah improves upon its prior record, but in a competitive conference, they remain the 4 seed. Only this year, instead of facing a once in a lifetime beneficiary of team, they face the team that crushed its 8th seed like the fly it was and they lose in 6 to Kobe's Lakers. Before that, they defeated a highly injured Houston team.

Year 3: This is the year Boozer struggled with injuries and Milsap came into his own, they finished as the 8th seed (2 wins fewer than Y1) and were swept in R.1 with everyone back in the fold.

Year 4: They rebound and post their 2nd best RS of this stretch, both by wins and SRS, which I would argue undersells their improvement considering how long the core had been together ( subjectively I feel older/familiar cores coast more during the RS and I think they relied on their best players/lineups less.).

They again lose to Kobe's Lakers in RII after facing a discombobulated Denver team in R1.

So in that 4 year stretch you think they were at their best Y1? Or do you agree that they just had an easier path despite being an inferior team than what they eventually became.

CP3 loses to teams where he would have an easier environment had he been in the opposing PG's shoes or the opposing star. Like if the Thunder had CP3 instead of RWB, I doubt the Thunder lose to the Clips. So to with the Spurs and TP or Memphis with Conley, Houston with Harden considering they won largely in spite of his efforts and so on.

He'd be a hell of a 3rd or 4th option so I'm not sure that's a has been. He's far better than Pierce.

I'll give you props though you were pretty much dead on with his stats prediction you gave me before the season started

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Coming from a guy with a LeBron obsession.

Look at LeBrons teammates compared to Wades 08-09 team. A bunch of scrubs around Wade and 2 rookies compared to LeBrons stacked *** team.

Look at the warriors vs the hawks... lebron swept those hawks in 2008-09 so what are you saying? that 08-09 lebron is better than current lebron? stop, dude. im not obsessed with lebron but there's really nothing to say about him at this point. wade on the other hand is not who you think he is. most of psd and any basketball forum will tell you that.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Look at the warriors vs the hawks... lebron swept those hawks in 2008-09 so what are you saying? that 08-09 lebron is better than current lebron? stop, dude. im not obsessed with lebron but there's really nothing to say about him at this point. wade on the other hand is not who you think he is. most of psd and any basketball forum will tell you that.

Why don't you tell me what I think he is? You're not using any context in your argument, Wade was surrounded by straight scrubs and rookies. 08-09 Wade is also definitely a better 2 way player than current LeBron and yes you're definitely obsessed with LeBron. Nothing wrong with it but you and a few other definitely are and constantly look for any way to build him up, it's not necessary the dude is the 2nd best player ever and the Kobe vs LeBron debate has been over for a couple years now.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Why don't you tell me what I think he is? You're not using any context in your argument, Wade was surrounded by straight scrubs and rookies. 08-09 Wade is also definitely a better 2 way player than current LeBron and yes you're definitely obsessed with LeBron. Nothing wrong with it but you and a few other definitely are and constantly look for any way to build him up, it's not necessary the dude is the 2nd best player ever and the Kobe vs LeBron debate has been over for a couple years now.

1) Cavs swept the Hawks that same year the Hawks beat the Heat. Check the Cavs roster. LeBron averaged 34/8/6 on 56% shooting. Wade averaged 29/5/5 on 44% shooting. Cavs roster outside James scored 62 points. Heat's roster outside Wade scored 59 points. Heat roster actually shot a higher FG% than the Cavs did. Cavs roster might be a bit better but they weren't THAT much better. Not enough to lose three games the way the Heat did. That was because LeBron was a better performer that season.

2) Saying I'm obsessed with LeBron on a forum implies that I've said some really outrageous things about LeBron. Can you name them? Go and find the posts that showed me being obsessive.. I'll wait. If you can't and resort to "i can't think of them right now but I definitely seen them before" then don't bother posting. I don't really have to explain myself to you when the general NBA fanbase here agrees that Wade is not that good.

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:23 PM
1) Cavs swept the Hawks that same year the Hawks beat the Heat. Check the Cavs roster. LeBron averaged 34/8/6 on 56% shooting. Wade averaged 29/5/5 on 44% shooting. Cavs roster outside James scored 62 points. Heat's roster outside Wade scored 59 points. Heat roster actually shot a higher FG% than the Cavs did. Cavs roster might be a bit better but they weren't THAT much better. Not enough to lose three games the way the Heat did. That was because LeBron was a better performer that season.

2) Saying I'm obsessed with LeBron on a forum implies that I've said some really outrageous things about LeBron. Can you name them? Go and find the posts that showed me being obsessive.. I'll wait. If you can't and resort to "i can't think of them right now but I definitely seen them before" then don't bother posting. I don't really have to explain myself to you when the general NBA fanbase here agrees that Wade is not that good.

If Wade isn't that good anymore than what is considered good? If you don't average over 20 you're not very good? Seems about right.

FlashBolt
04-28-2017, 11:26 PM
If Wade isn't that good anymore than what is considered good? If you don't average over 20 you're not very good? Seems about right.

My usage of that word was to show that he's not as good as YOU seem to make him be. He's certainly a good player but when you're saying he can do this or that when it's pretty obvious he can't, then no, he isn't THAT good.

I'm really curious, though. Did you happen to come up with why you thought I was obsessive with LeBron?

lol, please
04-28-2017, 11:31 PM
Goebert sends Paul away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Lakers+Giants!?

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:cheer: :cheer:

WaDe03
04-28-2017, 11:41 PM
My usage of that word was to show that he's not as good as YOU seem to make him be. He's certainly a good player but when you're saying he can do this or that when it's pretty obvious he can't, then no, he isn't THAT good.

I'm really curious, though. Did you happen to come up with why you thought I was obsessive with LeBron?

Well you literally post about him every damn day and everyone here knows you're a huge LeBron fan. You will go to the grave defending anything LeBron related, I mean if you can view you posting history you can see for yourself. Plus you got the sig to go with it.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 12:03 AM
Well you literally post about him every damn day and everyone here knows you're a huge LeBron fan. You will go to the grave defending anything LeBron related, I mean if you can view you posting history you can see for yourself. Plus you got the sig to go with it.

I have a sig of a nice block but none of what you said signifies obsession. My previous sig was of KD... I appreciate that he's probably going to be the 2nd GOAT player I'll ever see. A bunch of people here do the same and it has nothing to do with obsession.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 12:07 AM
I have a sig of a nice block but none of what you said signifies obsession. My previous sig was of KD... I appreciate that he's probably going to be the 2nd GOAT player I'll ever see. A bunch of people here do the same and it has nothing to do with obsession.

That wouldn't be your sig if Kyrie blocked that same exact shot though so it's not just the play. I'm actually shocked you're denying your obsession for LeBron right now but I really couldn't care less because things like that don't bother me the way they do you I suppose, idc what players posters are fans of.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 12:10 AM
That wouldn't be your sig if Kyrie blocked that same exact shot though so it's not just the play. I'm actually shocked you're denying your obsession for LeBron right now but I really couldn't care less because things like that don't bother me the way they do you I suppose, idc what players posters are fans of.

You're right, it wouldn't be Kyrie there because I don't like Kyrie as much as I do LeBron. That doesn't make it obsessive, pal. Your sig fallacy is like me saying you are obsessed with Rajon Rondo and Butler - two players who you probably never cared about until Wade got there. Again, if you think I'm obsessive, you sure can't find any reasoning behind it. Literally the only thing you tried doing was pointing out about my sig... that shows LeBron blocking a shot in which most people say was the greatest block in NBA Finals history.. So yeah, you're THAT desperate to find something to pinpoint on me. Can you seriously find a post of me saying something obsessive or not? Otherwise you're just saying random gibberish.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 12:21 AM
You're right, it wouldn't be Kyrie there because I don't like Kyrie as much as I do LeBron. That doesn't make it obsessive, pal. Your sig fallacy is like me saying you are obsessed with Rajon Rondo and Butler - two players who you probably never cared about until Wade got there. Again, if you think I'm obsessive, you sure can't find any reasoning behind it. Literally the only thing you tried doing was pointing out about my sig... that shows LeBron blocking a shot in which most people say was the greatest block in NBA Finals history.. So yeah, you're THAT desperate to find something to pinpoint on me. Can you seriously find a post of me saying something obsessive or not? Otherwise you're just saying random gibberish.

I don't need to go back and dig up **** because like I said I don't care either way I'm just shocked you're denying it. You've been literally hyping LeBron up ever since I've been here and it's a damn near every day thing. Many posters on here would agree, as I said nothing wrong with it just don't deny it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 12:30 AM
Ugh these refs have been unbearable thus far in these playoffs.

LOb0
04-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Clips need to just blow this up a year ago.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 12:57 AM
I don't need to go back and dig up **** because like I said I don't care either way I'm just shocked you're denying it. You've been literally hyping LeBron up ever since I've been here and it's a damn near every day thing. Many posters on here would agree, as I said nothing wrong with it just don't deny it when it doesn't fit your agenda.

you make no sense but I'll leave you alone. You can keep replying, I won't respond.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 01:11 AM
I really don't want clippers to win. what the hell... they're just gonna get destroyed by the warriors.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:14 AM
All yall saying Austin was only in the league bc of Doc.

Wrong. He's a legit NBA role player.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lol, please
04-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Great defense and awareness by the Jazz.

Clippers are about to choke again, lol

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:16 AM
:burn:

FlashBolt
All yall saying Austin was only in the league bc of Doc.

Wrong. He's a legit NBA role player.

It was moreso about how much he was getting paid.

lol, please
Clutch 3 by Hayward!!

3 point game.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:17 AM
MTM making handsonthewheel his *****. Wow. Well done MTM :clap: fkn owned him

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:17 AM
Paul's team have always been inferior when he lost in the playoffs except when they choked to Houston. He should have made the WCF that year no excuses.
Yup. That year was no excuses.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:19 AM
Cp3 is overrated. He's solid but way overrated.
Wade is far more overrated than CP3. Wade had a quick prime and now is a role player. CP still the best player on his team and a top 10 player on the NBA.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 01:20 AM
joe is clutch as hell but you can't possibly tell me that was a better shot than if someone was wide open. don't know why people think it's a good idea.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:21 AM
Game 7 is going to be fun.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:22 AM
It was moreso about how much he was getting paid.
No it wasn't. Everyone said he wouldn't even be in the NBA if not for Doc. He's an NBA player. Not a star and maybe not even a starter on some teams. But he is no doubt a solid role player in the league.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 01:22 AM
why didn't they call the timeout before Joe shot it... I thought they had none but wow, no T/O?

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 01:23 AM
cp3 is the best PG in the playoffs so far.

LOb0
04-29-2017, 01:23 AM
Wade is far more overrated than CP3. Wade had a quick prime and now is a role player. CP still the best player on his team and a top 10 player on the NBA.

The problem with CP3's career is, the offensive load late in games always falls into his lap. He's 6 feet tall and not super athletic. Scoring is really hard with those attributes. He's good enough to will points up but it's really a shame he never payed with a pure offensive player that could've took some of the late game load off him.

tredigs
04-29-2017, 01:26 AM
cp3 is the best PG in the playoffs so far.

Agreed. CP3 > Curry > Wall > Harden > Conley so far. Kawhi and Conley (edit: CP3 not Conley) have been the best overall.

FlashBolt
04-29-2017, 01:26 AM
The problem with CP3's career is, the offensive load late in games always falls into his lap. He's 6 feet tall and not super athletic. Scoring is really hard with those attributes. He's good enough to will points up but it's really a shame he never payed with a pure offensive player that could've took some of the late game load off him.

blake was supposed to have developed into the best player on that team already. Unfortunately his game never improved and his athletic ability has dropped significantly. a trade should have happened.

kobe4thewinbang
04-29-2017, 01:28 AM
Okay, people. Are Jazz just not ready yet? They better finally close this out in Game 7.
Ain't nobody want to see yet another hobbled Clippers team get destroyed by the Warriors.
At least the Jazz would make things interesting with Hayward and Gobert and even Joe Johnson.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 01:32 AM
Lmao alright ARod. I'd love to hear your input on Paul never getting past the 2nd round!

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 01:38 AM
Agreed. CP3 > Curry > Wall > Harden > Conley so far. Kawhi and Conley have been the best overall.
Westbrook?

lol, please
04-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Westbrook?

Didn't know the Thunder were still in the playoffs.

tredigs
04-29-2017, 01:48 AM
Westbrook?
Put up big numbers? Counts for something I guess but those guys were all better. Can't shoot 10 threes a game at a 26% clip and be involved in a "Best Of" list IMO.

goingfor28
04-29-2017, 01:51 AM
Lmao alright ARod. I'd love to hear your input on Paul never getting past the 2nd round!
Well he never had Shaq or LeBron like your boy Wade did to carry him to all those playoff wins.
Don't be naive.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 01:53 AM
Didn't know the Thunder were still in the playoffs.
Yeah.

Put up big numbers? Counts for something I guess but those guys were all better. Can't shoot 10 threes a game at a 26% clip and be involved in a "Best Of" list IMO.
Crazy to think that he'll most likely be MVP.

zn23
04-29-2017, 01:54 AM
CP3 proved, once again, why he's still the best PG in game. Put the team on his back.

lol, please
04-29-2017, 01:55 AM
CP3 proved, once again, why he's still the best PG in game. Put the team on his back.

Curry?

:confused:

HandsOnTheWheel
04-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Well he never had Shaq or LeBron like your boy Wade did to carry him to all those playoff wins.
Don't be naive.

Disregarding the Wade comparison for a moment, how do you think people will look back on Paul's career if he never makes it past the 2nd round? Of course that can easily change in the coming seasons (don't exactly see them beating the Dubs this year with Griffin injury), but the point is that Paul desperately needs to get to the big stage to showcase his talent when it really matters, as seen from Wade for a number of years. Wade's not the perfect player but to bash his career is petty and doesn't do the argument much justice.

Firefistus
04-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Man, if the Jazz could have hit any shots we would have won that game. We were missing wide open shots and our 2 best 3 point shooters both went 0 for 12 between the 2 of them. (Ingles was 4th in three point % in the league, so it's surprising to see him miss everything)

More-Than-Most
04-29-2017, 05:16 AM
Curry?

CP3 is by far a better 2 way player and it isnt close

That being said as much as I enjoy how good CP3 is I hope UTAH wins because they stand a better shot than the clippers at beating the warriors... Even its only a 10 percent chance at best. CP3 wont be able to enter god mode and carry the clips against the warriors.

if the clippers win its basically a bye round for the warriors.

ewing
04-29-2017, 07:14 AM
I'd take bosh over Wade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
04-29-2017, 10:09 AM
CP3 is by far a better 2 way player and it isnt close

That being said as much as I enjoy how good CP3 is I hope UTAH wins because they stand a better shot than the clippers at beating the warriors... Even its only a 10 percent chance at best. CP3 wont be able to enter god mode and carry the clips against the warriors.

if the clippers win its basically a bye round for the warriors.

Curry is better than CP3 and has been for years dude. CP3 does things better, and being a better "2 way player" is nice whatever that means exactly (Klay's pseudo argument over Harden by you and some others), but ultimately it's about net impact and that has been Curry over all other PG's for a while. He ended that debate after his first MVP/title.

Agreed on wanting to see Utah. With the Clips we know what we are getting. It will be a good show though.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd take bosh over Wade

You literally only troll, congrats though you stick with it.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Don't be naive.

Shaq was so dominant in the finals in 06 go check his numbers. That was shaq on Cavs level bad in that series. Why didn't shaq carry him past the ECF in 05 when he got injured up 3-2 against the Pistons or in 07 when he ****ed up his shoulder/knee. Wade was a huge part of those big 3 teams and they don't win without him either.

Paul has had more than enough to get past the 2nd round and choked away his best chance of doing so when he was up 3-1 against the Rockets. You all are trying to act like Griffin and Jordan are scrubs.

ewing
04-29-2017, 10:40 AM
You literally only troll, congrats though you stick with it.

Like Wade would have done something with those Toronto teams. He was an undersized two that could slash but had no J. He had a moment when the NBA turned the league into a free throw shooting contest b/c they were scared of another Malice at the Place. Talk about overrated.

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Like Wade would have done something with those Toronto teams. He was an undersized two that could slash but had no J. He had a moment when the NBA turned the league into a free throw shooting contest b/c they were scared of another Malice at the Place. Talk about overrated.

Lmao! You just keep going. So because you're not a 3 point shooter you have no J? Undersized 2 guard at 6'4 220 with a 6'11 wingspan? Undersized but the leading shot blocking guard ever with over 800? Keep it up though. Wade and Bosh isn't a debate as it's clearly Wade but I understand you're trolling as always.

KnicksorBust
04-29-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm torn because I like the Clips more and picked the Clips but they would just get dismantled by the Warriors. Do I want to see the Clips lose in 5 or the Jazz lose in 5? :laugh: ah screw it! Go CP3!

Tg11
04-29-2017, 03:43 PM
I just didn't expect this series to really be all that close, you know what I mean? But it has been close I mean it has been right down to the wire and personally I can't wait until Game 7 tomorrow

But as for who wins this series? Who wins Game 7? I am calling for Utah to beat L.A. but even if the Clippers do somehow show up tomorrow in Game 7 and beat the Jazz then they have to face the Warriors and no way they can beat the Warriors

ewing
04-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Lmao! You just keep going. So because you're not a 3 point shooter you have no J? Undersized 2 guard at 6'4 220 with a 6'11 wingspan? Undersized but the leading shot blocking guard ever with over 800? Keep it up though. Wade and Bosh isn't a debate as it's clearly Wade but I understand you're trolling as always.

You even believe that list height. I remember when they asked Spro if Wade was 6 4'. He said "on a good day". Dude is 6 2' at best

Tg11
04-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Jazz I want them to win this series but I think Clippers will win Game 7

WaDe03
04-29-2017, 08:47 PM
You even believe that list height. I remember when they asked Spro if Wade was 6 4'. He said "on a good day". Dude is 6 2' at best

Makes him look even better then for being the best shot blocking guard ever. He's definitely not 6'2 though.

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:41 AM
Curry is better than CP3 and has been for years dude. CP3 does things better, and being a better "2 way player" is nice whatever that means exactly (Klay's pseudo argument over Harden by you and some others), but ultimately it's about net impact and that has been Curry over all other PG's for a while. He ended that debate after his first MVP/title.

Agreed on wanting to see Utah. With the Clips we know what we are getting. It will be a good show though.

What's Curry's net impact if the roles are reversed? IDK about you but Curry+Blake+DJ don't win anything.

nastynice
04-30-2017, 02:44 AM
What's Curry's net impact if the roles are reversed? IDK about you but Curry+Blake+DJ don't win anything.

I could see them with a couple rings, especially with Crawford too

FlashBolt
04-30-2017, 02:55 AM

Then you're clearly forgetting Blake is a major choke and turns into a can of air while DJ is simply a rebounder who doesn't do anything offensively but dunk. He'll get hacked to the FT line in the playoffs so they basically bench him. CP3 basically playing alone in crunch time. Couple of rings? Lmao, how many rings does he have now? One. So how does he have more playing with the Clippers? Are you suggesting that CP3 had a better roster than Curry the past years?

Heediot
04-30-2017, 08:53 AM

Crawford is a hindrance in the playoffs. Him and JJ tend to shrink in the post-season.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Jazz for the win today but if they do win then they have to face Golden State and can Utah really match up against Golden State?

Chronz
04-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Jazz for the win today but if they do win then they have to face Golden State and can Utah really match up against Golden State?

Oh heavens yes, I've said it all year, of the teams outside of the most successful ones (like the Spurs/Cavs), the Jazz matchup the best. Im in a bind, I hate GS so much I almost want the Clips to lose since we stand no chance without Blake. The Jazz are the superior team but anything can happen in this Final game.

Tg11
04-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Me too I hate Golden State so much if anything because of KD but before my hate of GS was not really all that existent until now

However, if it ends up being Utah that beats LAC then I definitely will be rooting for the Jazz to win that series

But if LAC beat the Jazz then it is almost a given that Golden State will beat the Clippers even though I would be cheering the Clippers on

nastynice
04-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Austin rivers always be getting hated on, but he playing pretty good

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 04:21 PM
that 3rd foul on Gobert is why people hate basketball officiating. is that a foul? probably, but you could also probably call that every single possession.

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Jazz getting lucky with the Clippers missing these lobs.

Heediot
04-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Jazz ftw. Paul is my man but this team is too hollywood for me to root for. Doc Rivers and his nepotism was the last straw. U seriously giving Pierce minutes?

ewing
04-30-2017, 04:54 PM
pretty boring for a game 7 so far

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:04 PM
And 1 Diaw!!!!

:faint:

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Jazz play a very boring game. Good defense and slow pace.

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 05:08 PM
I hope cp3 is ok.

Heediot
04-30-2017, 05:09 PM
Paul and BG are not reliable for health in the playoffs.

kdspurman
04-30-2017, 05:10 PM
I miss Bobo

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Let's goooo Jazzzz!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

where's lakers + giants!?

Let's celebrate this Clipper first round exit together! :cheers:

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 05:14 PM
I miss Bobo

Diaw is so up and down at this stage. can be exposed on defense or be fine. Can be a completely liability on offense or be a huge catalyst.

zn23
04-30-2017, 05:16 PM
As I've said all year, Austin Rivers sucks.

I hope the Clippers lose so that we can get the "Fire Doc" thing trending. Put pressure on them to fire Doc and get rid of his son.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we are watching the implosion of the Doc Rivers era in LA. This is it for them.

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Clippers unraveling a little bit here. Jazz have choked bigger leads though.

kdspurman
04-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Diaw is so up and down at this stage. can be exposed on defense or be fine. Can be a completely liability on offense or be a huge catalyst.

I know, last year was a big down for him.. when he's engaged, he can be a game changer.

He can be valuable against the Warriors if they can hang on

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Clippers unraveling a little bit here. Jazz have choked bigger leads though.

When? What game?

dhopisthename
04-30-2017, 05:23 PM
When? What game?

here is one they led by 20, and I am pretty sure there are a few more. Jazz have let some leads slip away. http://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400899876

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Ingles is wet!!!!

Love his shooting stroke.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Some whack *** calls at the end to try to make this game competitive.

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Refs doing their best trying to get the Clippers back into the game, but will it be enough?

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Lob City has been the Warriors since last year, do try and keep up ABC.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 05:56 PM
These refs doing their best, man.

JAZZNC
04-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Yeah, the refs have been completely biased in the 4th quarter. It's so ****ing obvious. Especially that offensive foul on Hayward....i mean Paul had a death grip on him...

lol, please
04-30-2017, 05:59 PM
George Hill has ice in his veins

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:01 PM
Paul lucky that kick didn't make contact with Ingles.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Why hasn't Hayward had the ball on the last three possessions??

shep33
04-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Damn, end of an era for these Clips.

Rivera
04-30-2017, 06:07 PM
paul is so salty right now hahaha he is getting tight and hes extra chippy right now, hes doing stuff after the play thats so suttle but so on purpose and annoying. that kick that missed , that small bump after george hill called the time out, he is doing little annoying stuff on the court i hate when i play against others haha

Lakers + Giants
Damn, end of an era for these Clips.

and im enjoying it. So many clippers fans came out of nowhere during that time. All of em talkin about how the LA is their town now. This feels good :dance:

JAZZNC
And they foul out Gobert on an obvious foul on Hill....garbage.

zn23
04-30-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm sad for CP3. But I'm happy that the most overrated coach in NBA History, Doc Rivers, is likely going to get fired.

shep33
04-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Time to blow it up Clips.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:09 PM
The Lakers could cease to exist and come back 50 years later and LA would still be their town. Even the Clippers owner knows it, that's why he wants to move out to Inglewood.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Look at all those ***** bandwagon fans hahahahahahahaha

shep33
04-30-2017, 06:10 PM
and im enjoying it. So many clippers fans came out of nowhere during that time. All of em talkin about how the LA is their town now. This feels good :dance:

Lol, yeah they did have a lot of bandwagon fans, but I guess so does every exciting team every now and then.

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

still1ballin
04-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Time for the clippers to blow it up

zn23
04-30-2017, 06:12 PM
No injury excuse allowed. Gobert was basically out for 3 games (He was a total non factor today because of foul trouble and injur) and they still couldn't close it at home.

Rivera
04-30-2017, 06:13 PM
man the clippers just cant get it done in the post season, and thanks for everything Paul Pierce on a great career, sad to see you leave man

CP3s legacy right now.............I just dont know what to say. No denying the mans talent and efficiency but damn at least Melo got to a WCF and everyone on this board would take CP3 over melo

zn23
04-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Lol The Jazz won 3 road games... It couldn't be a more fitting end to Doc Rivers era for the Clippers.

Lakers + Giants
04-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Lol, yeah they did have a lot of bandwagon fans, but I guess so does every exciting team every now and then.

True, but being exposed to it IRL living in so cal made it worse, online forums are one thing, every contending team sudenly gains fans but the IRL exposure and sudden emergence of pompous *** fans was annoying. good riddance.

zn23
man the clippers just cant get it done in the post season, and thanks for everything Paul Pierce on a great career, sad to see you leave man

CP3s legacy right now.............I just dont know what to say. No denying the mans talent and efficiency but damn at least Melo got to a WCF and everyone on this board would take CP3 over melo

I don't know how you can blame him for this series. He's playing with the cards he was dealt with and his hand (team) sucks.

still1ballin
Gonna be an interesting offseason for the clips

shep33
04-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Doc is insanely overrated.

Props to The Truth! Amazing career!

bootsy

CP3 and the Clippers legacy will be the collapse against Houston. That collapse gets overlooked often times in sports history but it's in my top 5 of all time.

YAALREADYKNO
Wonder what kind of pass cp3 is gonna get for this game

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:17 PM
It could get bad for the Clippers this offseason. Blake will probably leave, Paul might leave, and they have no real young assets or draft picks. They gonna build around Deandre?

Chronz
04-30-2017, 06:18 PM

Thats how much of a team game this is, plenty of losers have won more than CP3.

Chronz
04-30-2017, 06:19 PM
CP3 and the Clippers legacy will be the collapse against Houston. That collapse gets overlooked often times in sports history but it's in my top 5 of all time.

Which would prolly be a result of sports cliche and a lack of understanding of the teams competing.

Chronz
04-30-2017, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Doc is insanely overrated.

Props to The Truth! Amazing career!

Nah, everyone knows hes a **** GM. As a coach hes still upper echelon IMO, dont see what you could point to here. His team was definitely less talented and undersized without Blake.

bootsy
Which would prolly be a result of sports cliche and a lack of understanding of the teams competing.

What are you babbling about.

KobeOwnSU
Paul should sign with San Antonio. That would be interesting.

Chronz
04-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Lol The Jazz won 3 road games... It couldn't be a more fitting end to Doc Rivers era for the Clippers.

I wish that were true but from what I heard, it wont matter. Dude has another excuse with Blakes untimely injury.

Ironman5219
04-30-2017, 06:21 PM

:clap:

KobeOwnSU
04-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Clippers are the first team ever to blow a series lead in 5 straight playoffs haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rivera
04-30-2017, 06:25 PM
I don't know how you can blame him for this series. He's playing with the cards he was dealt with and his hand (team) sucks.

I feel like I hear that all the time. He has 2 other allstars and the Jazz big man (Gobert) got hurt and barely played today (total 4 games of this series he basically missed) and still couldnt close it out at home

That collapse does get overlooked and another mark on the hard to judge legacy of CP3

Thats how much of a team game this is, plenty of losers have won more than CP3.

Agree and disagree at the same time. Agree that bball is a team game but baseketball is the one sport where 1 player can make a huge impact on the outcome of a game. Of course no 1 player is soley responsible but they can have a huge impact on that game.

And that last line I think hurts CP3 more. The fact that someone like Melo made it to a WCF because he did have a good run in that playoffs and CP3 cant despite his amazingness is puzzling. Thats why its hard for me to judge his legacy. I know how good he is. But winning does play a part in someones legacy and the fact CP3 hasnt been to one Conference Final as the man will hurt him imo but his career isnt over

YAALREADYKNO
04-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Cp3 has never been to a conf finals but somehow melo is still a loser 😂😂😂

lol, please
04-30-2017, 06:31 PM

There he is!!!

:cheers:

Lakers > Clippers until the end of time.

JJ_JKidd
04-30-2017, 06:56 PM
I have been saying this for half a decade: "You cant lob, flop, and dunk your way to a Championship."

JJ_JKidd
04-30-2017, 07:10 PM

they should seriously gtfo out Staples and Los Angeles for that matter after those "Clippers town" talk such a disgrace. LA will always be Lakers town, deal with it Clipper fans!

HandsOnTheWheel
04-30-2017, 07:31 PM
End of an era. Ballmer has a huge headache on his hands now.

Chronz
04-30-2017, 08:01 PM
I have been saying this for half a decade: "You cant lob, flop, and dunk your way to a Championship."
Dumb expression considering we've seen plenty of inferior offenses win, the trick is you have to have the defense. Besides, do You even know which teams have the most lobs year to year or do you just assume?

Chronz
04-30-2017, 08:02 PM

Lol at conf finals being some sort of barometer. Sprewell has made a finals you take him over cp3 too? Lol melo loses by going ghost but cp3 is a choker for actually over achieving lol

Chronz
04-30-2017, 08:05 PM
I feel like I hear that all the time. He has 2 other allstars and the Jazz big man (Gobert) got hurt and barely played today (total 4 games of this series he basically missed) and still couldnt close it out at home

That collapse does get overlooked and another mark on the hard to judge legacy of CP3

Agree and disagree at the same time. Agree that bball is a team game but baseketball is the one sport where 1 player can make a huge impact on the outcome of a game. Of course no 1 player is soley responsible but they can have a huge impact on that game.

And that last line I think hurts CP3 more. The fact that someone like Melo made it to a WCF because he did have a good run in that playoffs and CP3 cant despite his amazingness is puzzling. Thats why its hard for me to judge his legacy. I know how good he is. But winning does play a part in someones legacy and the fact CP3 hasnt been to one Conference Final as the man will hurt him imo but his career isnt over

1 player making a huge impact is a cliche that ignores that the clippers were in fact missing that kind of player and lacked the depth to make up for it. No 1 player, no matter how great can single handedly determine the outcome of a series. So yeah agree to disagree, ill cry less knowing i made bank betting on the jazz today

And i fail to see how it's overlooked considering they overachieved

Chronz
04-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Clippers are the first team ever to blow a series lead in 5 straight playoffs haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What losers. They should've just gotten swept like true winners huh. Lmfao

tredigs
04-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Curry would still be the better player as he has proven to be for years. I'm a huge CP3 backer, but Curry is just more dangerous.

valade16
04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Curry would still be the better player as he has proven to be for years. I'm a huge CP3 backer, but Curry is just more dangerous.

Curry and Redick would be trouble defensively but DeAndre would help clean up their mistakes. Offensively the attention needed to guard Curry would make Blake a monster with the wide open paths to the lane Dray gets.

The Clippers would be better with Curry.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2017, 09:17 PM
I hope CP3 joins the warriors as a backup and they win the next 9 championships so I can see what people will say then because wins and rings YO

LOb0
04-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Blow this is up and get rid of Doc. Time for a reboot.

tredigs
04-30-2017, 09:34 PM
I hope CP3 joins the warriors as a backup and they win the next 9 championships so I can see what people will say then because wins and rings YO
One of the biggest games of his career legacy wise today and he choked. Massively. For a guy that has never had an ounce of team playoff success it was not ideal. Had a great series til then, but that was rough.

zn23
04-30-2017, 09:44 PM
One of the biggest games of his career legacy wise today and he choked. Massively. For a guy that has never had an ounce of team playoff success it was not ideal. Had a great series til then, but that was rough.

Probably gassed out from having the carry them for the last 6 games.

tredigs
04-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Probably gassed out from having the carry them for the last 6 games.

Horrible excuse that extends to no other player ever.

tredigs
04-30-2017, 09:55 PM
Win was in spite of the worst game of Rudy Gobert's career by the way. 1 point and 4 boards in 13 mins before he fouled out. That's no DPOY.

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Win was in spite of the worst game of Rudy Gobert's career by the way. 1 point and 4 boards in 13 mins before he fouled out. That's no DPOY.

He should be, it'll probably go to a more popular player though.

WaDe03
04-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Well it's time to find out, does CP3 want to win or is he only about the money?

tredigs
04-30-2017, 10:21 PM
He should be, it'll probably go to a more popular player though.

Green very rightly earned it, despite the massive hate on him. His versatility this year (both ends, but especially defensively) is legendary.

zn23
04-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Green very rightly earned it, despite the massive hate on him. His versatility this year (both ends, but especially defensively) is legendary.

DPOY belongs to the player who leads the league in DWS. That would be Gobert.

AllBall
04-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Congrats Jazz fans! Well played, well deserved. Happy for that team!

tredigs
04-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Lmao, uh huh. Just as it belonged to Paul Milsap last year, yes zn?

flea
04-30-2017, 10:43 PM

What kind of sense does that make? Some random stat that doesn't even measure defense should determine the winner for all time?

zn23
04-30-2017, 10:58 PM
Lmao, uh huh. Just as it belonged to Paul Milsap last year, yes zn?

Millsap and Leonard were the two best defensive players last year and their teams were top 2 defensively. So I didn't have a problem with Leonard winning it.

I think Gobert makes a bigger impact defensively than Green. Green is willing to do the dirty work and promotes himself better, but Gobert can alter shots and is a presence in the paint.

tredigs
04-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Millsap and Leonard were the two best defensive players last year and their teams were top 2 defensively. So I didn't have a problem with Leonard winning it.

I think Gobert makes a bigger impact defensively than Green. Green is willing to do the dirty work and promotes himself better, but Gobert can alter shots and is a presence in the paint.
No, he was not. Nor does team D rating mean as much when Green's team wins most games in 3 quarters (in no small part to his D). Green's post/rim D is STIFLING (will provide stats tomorrow if you challenge), and his versatility is obviously miles ahead of Gobert and frankly arguably the best in NBA history.

As an aside, I am willing to bet everything that you have exactly 0 clue how Defensive Win Shares are calculated, or what they even mean.

blahblahyoutoo
04-30-2017, 11:31 PM

they're both losers.
you do know that that's not mutually exclusive right?

jason
05-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Oh Clippers. Thought we would actually see the "riveraly" in the playoffs lol

Avenged
05-01-2017, 12:34 AM
CP3 should go to the Warriors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
05-01-2017, 12:44 AM
What Paul should do is come to the Jazz.....

Chronz
05-01-2017, 01:39 AM

Was he hobbled at all, I honestly couldn't watch the game in fear of it not even being a contest. He sprained his ankle pretty bad the game before.

tredigs
05-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Was he hobbled at all, I honestly couldn't watch the game in fear of it not even being a contest. He sprained his ankle pretty bad the game before.

I was working but had it on the whole time. I couldn't see any hampering. Maybe a Jazz fan feels different.

dhopisthename
05-01-2017, 01:49 AM
he wasn't a 100%, but no one is. He just got 2 borderline fouls on him in the first and 2nd and it just cascaded from there.

FOXHOUND
05-01-2017, 01:54 AM
I can't believe people are bringing up the teammate excuse. And on that note, shame on ESPN for pointing out the Jazz bench scoring advantage in the first half of their highlight and leaving out the full story. Such biased reporting forever because we have to make stars like CP3 look as good as possible by not to subtlety shifting blame. The Clippers ended up having a bench scoring advantage of 40-38.

DeAndre Jordan had 24 and 17 today while obliterating Gobert and Favors with fouls. He was dominant and by far their best player today. I don't care if he went 6-15 at the line because he was 9-12 from the field. No different than going 7-12 and 10-15 or 6-12 and 12-15.

Jamal Crawford had 20 points on 8-16/1-4/3-3 and added 3 assists. He was a huge reason the Clippers worked it back to a very manageable 9 point deficit in the 4th.

Paul was 6-19 for 13 points. He scored 4 points in the 3rd quarter and 0 in the 4th. He absolutely sucked and George Hill kicked his ***. Don't bring up that teammate excuse when he had two teammates who were far superior to him.

FOXHOUND
05-01-2017, 01:55 AM
Also, props to the Jazz. If Gobert didn't get hurt, they would have probably swept them.

YAALREADYKNO
05-01-2017, 09:33 AM
How much (if at all) do you think this effects CP3's legacy?

If melo and Dwight get labeled as losers even though one has been to the WCF and the other to an NBA finals, cp3 should be labeled the same way but of course he"ll have the "Blake was injured" excuse this year. Same **** same excuse when it comes to the clippers playoff failures. Somehow it's never cp3's fault and it's always blake's or deandre's

ewing
05-01-2017, 09:59 AM
CP3 had a bad game, it happens. I don't think he is a choker, he just didn't have a good game. He is also overrated by some of you that can't grasp that the correlation b/t #s and positive impact is not the exact same from player to player regardless which stat you use. He is still at great player just not the goat PG like some claim.

Rivera
05-01-2017, 03:28 PM
1 player making a huge impact is a cliche that ignores that the clippers were in fact missing that kind of player and lacked the depth to make up for it. No 1 player, no matter how great can single handedly determine the outcome of a series. So yeah agree to disagree, ill cry less knowing i made bank betting on the jazz today

And i fail to see how it's overlooked considering they overachieved

overachieved? they were pegged before the season started as a threat to the warrios and this is just a quick search without doing anything extensive

https://theringer.com/nba-squad-goals-part-2-87e2c08558d

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016-2017-nba-season-preview

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17862484/2016-17-nba-preview

agree 1 player cant win a series

but game 7 your best player goes 6/19 1/7 from 3 has a terrible 4th qtr ends game with 13 points and 9 assist thats not going to get it done. Fair or not, thats going on CP3s legacy along with his other post season failures

im happy you made some $$$$ tho! Get that money

JJ_JKidd
05-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Dumb expression considering we've seen plenty of inferior offenses win, the trick is you have to have the defense. Besides, do You even know which teams have the most lobs year to year or do you just assume?

Typical butthurt Clipper fanboy comment. I highly doubt if anyone in this forum cares about any of your remarks or analyses. Clippers were, are, and will always be a failure. Deal with it. Sleep, wake up, dine, or what have you, with that idea. And please get a real job, you're not being paid to defend the Clippers failure.

Chronz
05-01-2017, 10:57 PM
overachieved? they were pegged before the season started as a threat to the warrios and this is just a quick search without doing anything extensive

https://theringer.com/nba-squad-goals-part-2-87e2c08558d

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016-2017-nba-season-preview

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17862484/2016-17-nba-preview

agree 1 player cant win a series

but game 7 your best player goes 6/19 1/7 from 3 has a terrible 4th qtr ends game with 13 points and 9 assist thats not going to get it done. Fair or not, thats going on CP3s legacy along with his other post season failures

im happy you made some $$$$ tho! Get that money
Yes overachieved. Preseason expectations don't matter come post season when more information is relevant. Blake was out, therefore expectations are tempered. The ENTIRE series goes on cp3 so idc about just 1 game and the end result was he was admirable in defeat. The dude upped his game tremendously, certainly better than the likes of rwb that's for sure. I don't view the game the way you do so agree to disagree

Chronz
05-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Typical butthurt Clipper fanboy comment. I highly doubt if anyone in this forum cares about any of your remarks or analyses. Clippers were, are, and will always be a failure. Deal with it. Sleep, wake up, dine, or what have you, with that idea. And please get a real job, you're not being paid to defend the Clippers failure.

In other words you were just talking out your *** and cant or don't know how to back it. Lol at failure. Every team but 1 fails every year, why would i be butthurt? Im not dumb enough to let my fan boy control me, it's why dinner was paid for by the game last night.