PDA

View Full Version : Which teams make it to round 2??

FlashBolt
04-13-2017, 03:08 AM
When voting, the matchups are coupled. Ex: Boston vs Chicago are the first two options = matchup.

Boston vs Chicago
Atlanta vs Wizards
Cavs vs Pacers
Toronto vs Bucks

OKC vs Houston
GSW vs Portland
Jazz vs Clippers
Spurs vs Grizzlies

Bostonjorge
04-13-2017, 03:16 AM
Boston
Wizards
Cavs
Toronto

Okc
Golden State
Clippers
Spurs

HandsOnTheWheel
04-13-2017, 04:32 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to the NBA handing out the MVP to whoever wins the Rockets (Harden) vs Thunder (Westbrook) series. At this point, it's just too close to call IMO

FOXHOUND
04-13-2017, 06:58 AM
I voted top seed down the board. :sad2:

I don't think Boston is built very well for the postseason yet. They're still lacking that top end talent that you need to succeed this time of year. I think they're going to run into similar problems as last year, but they're definitely better so I think they win this round. I still think Chicago is going to play them tough, and if Wade was more healthy maybe I would think harder about a real potential upset.

I'm rooting hard for OKC. While I think their D combined with the Rockets relying so much on hitting 3's to succeed can make this series tighter than most would probably think, I couldn't go with the upset going in. The Thunder have Westbrook to cancel out Harden and their team doesn't get enough credit for the talent that they do have. There is legit upset potential here but it's all relying on the Rockets shooters. If they're cold in a couple of games, OKC can definitely win this series. On the flip side, if they're hot then they can blow them away. I'd like to see OKC not make the same mistake most teams have made when defending LeBron in a series, and in applies to Harden too because of their similar skill sets and styles. DON'T HELP OFF THE SHOOTERS. If you do that, you greatly limit their damage. Harden is inconsistent enough as a scorer to have some bad shooting games on his own and their defense sucks. Let him try to beat you by himself 4 times.

Clippers and Jazz was the other tough one. On one hand, the Clippers are soft. On the other, they're extremely talented and far more experienced than the Jazz from top to bottom. Utah is also the slowest team in the league by pace, so they won't take advantage of the Clippers athletically which some teams have. Playing in the half court is the Clippers strength and the only time they play good defense. The Jazz also don't have that strong an offense, which is why the Clippers have held them to 75 points (without Hayward) and 72 points (with Hayward) this season. Still, the Clippers are soft. Every series they have won in the Chris Paul era has been in the first round, and they have all gone 7 games. Their first round loss came to Memphis in 6 games. They lost to Portland in 6 games last year but had a shell of Blake who was only good in 2 of his 4 games and Paul got hurt after 3 and half games. Still, they were losing when Paul got hurt in game 4 and were tied 2-2 after 4. They're destined for another long series, because they're soft as hell.

I don't think any other series will be all that interesting. Maybe Cavs vs Pacers, if Cavs D really is as bad as it's been over the past couple of months. I'm expecting Cleveland to turn it up and they should take care of the Pacers rather easily though.

mrblisterdundee
04-13-2017, 11:43 AM
While most of the teams with home court advantage will win, I'm predicting an upset by Utah over Los Angeles and Milwaukee over Toronto.
The Clippers need to lose in the first round to help them figure out it's time to move on. They're stale and only getting older, while the Jazz are only getting better. Paul needs a real contender to go run the point for. I think he'd be great fit for Boston not as offensively as explosive as Thomas, but a dramatically better defender and floor general.
The Bucks look scarier with Middleton than they did with Parker. Middleton's a better defender and shooter, and can play three different positions. Ibaka's a good option to defend Giannis, but I think the Freak's going to have a star party and run roughshod over Toronto's back court and wings.

WaDe03
04-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Chicago vs Hawks
Cavs vs Raptors
Spurs vs Rockets
Warriors vs Jazz

These will be your 2nd round matchups.

Wade Jimmy and Rondo aren't ****ing around. Hopefully Isaiah shoots them out if the series like he has the last 2 years.

Chronz
04-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Hard to shake what I've seen during the regular season series since I went to 3 games this year (yes Im counting pre-season) I simply dont think they match up well with the Clips unless they're smart enough to play JJ at the 4 a ton this series. I understand Utah is getting healthy at the right time but the Clips have another gear of their own. I see this being a hard fought 5 game series.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-13-2017, 01:05 PM
While most of the teams with home court advantage will win, I'm predicting an upset by Utah over Los Angeles and Milwaukee over Toronto.
The Clippers need to lose in the first round to help them figure out it's time to move on. They're stale and only getting older, while the Jazz are only getting better. Paul needs a real contender to go run the point for. I think he'd be great fit for Boston not as offensively as explosive as Thomas, but a dramatically better defender and floor general.
The Bucks look scarier with Middleton than they did with Parker. Middleton's a better defender and shooter, and can play three different positions. Ibaka's a good option to defend Giannis, but I think the Freak's going to have a star party and run roughshod over Toronto's back court and wings.

Bucks were pretty scary in March. But this last week or so they looked very tired. Middleton been gassed for a while now. He's got sea legs now. Moose regressed when Brogdon when down with sore back. Delly, Telly, Henson been dog **** all season. So if Giannis doesn't get any help it will be a quick series. I almost preferred facing wizards.