PDA

View Full Version : WC Quarterfinals Series Thread: Rockets (3) vs Thunder (6) Rockets win 4-1

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
04-12-2017, 05:55 PM
http://static.nbastore.hk/images/homepage/west.png?version=000000

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/2687/thumbs/khmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif VS. http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/8xe4813lzybfhfl14axgzzqeq.gif

All games in EST

Game 1 - Sunday, April 16, Oklahoma City at Houston, 9 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 - Wednesday, April 19, Oklahoma City at Houston, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 - Friday, April 21, Houston at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 - Sunday, April 23, Houston at Oklahoma City, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Game 5 * Tuesday, April 25, Oklahoma City at Houston, TBD

Game 6 * Thursday, April 27, Houston at Oklahoma City, TBD

Game 7 * Saturday, April 29, Oklahoma City at Houston, TBD, TNT

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/2687/thumbs/h2z3uhphgrwfsdi6s39bkzfuk.gif

C: Steven Adams
PF: Taj Gibson
SF: Andre Roberson
SG: Victor Oladipo
PG: Russell Westbrook

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/v8ogeim9sseg06ovyhmbp0cwg.gif

C: Clint Capela
PF: Ryan Anderson
SF: Trevor Ariza
SG: Patrick Beverly
PG: James Harden

Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City

https://blogs.america.gov/mgck/files/2013/03/blog-61.jpg

Toyota Center, Houston

https://img1.qunarzz.com/travel/poi/1412/71/71d2a835ff7e1776cdb.jpg_r_400x266x95_2368535d.jpg

Bostonjorge
04-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Thunder in 6

Rivera
04-12-2017, 07:02 PM
rooting for the Thunder and Russ but I think the Rockets got this in 6

Scoots
04-12-2017, 07:11 PM
The Thunder have defenders and Russ ... The Rockets have a lot more offense than the Thunder have defense and I think that's the difference.

Interesting series though.

Saddletramp
04-12-2017, 08:25 PM
This'll be tight. Whoever loses to the other the MVP (I'm assuming one of these two will get it) definitely won't want to lose this series, too. Nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for putting all of this work into all of these, kd. Looks nice.

kdspurman
04-12-2017, 09:56 PM
This'll be tight. Whoever loses to the other the MVP (I'm assuming one of these two will get it) definitely won't want to lose this series, too. Nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for putting all of this work into all of these, kd. Looks nice.

No problem :cheers:

And this is why I wish they wouldn't wait until June to announce the MVP. Would be nice to see the runner up or whoever playing with some extra fire

Saddletramp
04-12-2017, 10:07 PM
No problem :cheers:

And this is why I wish they wouldn't wait until June to announce the MVP. Would be nice to see the runner up or whoever playing with some extra fire

Yeah, I forgot it takes so long to reveal these honors. Ballots should be due by midnight tonight, tallied up tomorrow and released on Friday in a banquet award type show. Give a few extra days as a break between the regular season and the playoffs. Make it an event. Or extend the season another few days to help with back to backs and have it end this weekend (Saturday). Put up the awards show on Monday night and have the playoffs start on Friday or Thursday.

Getting year end awards after the playoffs has always been dumb to me. Remember when Dirk won after they got embarrassed in the first round?

cmellofan15
04-12-2017, 10:21 PM
I wanna say rockets in 5 but I'll go with rockets in 6 to be conservative. Okc can't hang with 3pt shooting teams, big mismatch here.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Too close. I think Westbrook will have some bad shooting games.

Dade County
04-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Rockets in 7...

This series will be fun to watch because Harden & West will put on a show.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2017, 11:56 PM
I could see this series going 7 games. Crazy we get to see the two top guys for MVP take each other out.
Hopefully Beverley doesn't go for Westbrook's knee again. That would not be good for basketball.

I think the Rockets could lose this one. The Starters were debating who has more pressure on them, Harden or Westbrook. I think it's Harden, as they do, because he hasn't really shined in the playoffs (went cold in the Finals, only good year was last season and blew it). He's no longer got Dwight around to put up 60 points, so it's his show now.

I hope whoever wins upsets the Warriors or Spurs. Just for the sheer shock value. I could easily see OKC knocking off D'Antoni's squad, since their defense is meh and Westbrook is a monster.

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 12:21 AM
this was a really close regular season series the first 3 games were all decided by 3 points or less. Rockets won the series 3-1 and while I think it will be close rockets in six.

europagnpilgrim
04-13-2017, 01:35 AM
My basketball brain side if saying Rockets in 5
My nba business brain side is saying Rockets in 6 with a possibility of a game 7 just for headline/shock value for the top 2 media mvp picks and revenue generated of course, its all about that dollar bill

if I were to bet money on this series it would be on the Rockets because I feel they have more firepower as a team, just behind the Warriors team PPG

FlashBolt
04-13-2017, 02:42 AM
We're just not going to be able to stop them defensively and can't score enough offensively to win.. it should be Rockets in five or six. It would be huge for us if frickin Kanter+Adams can get some minutes together just so we can pummel them on the inside but it'll be hilarious watching Nene/Capela get the easiest baskets over Kanter. I'm not expecting too much on Oladipo and the other youngins we have. As a fan, I'd love to watch a Warriors vs OKC matchup but it'll be a sweep. I honestly hope HOU/OKC both lose so we can see a Spurs vs Warriors matchup. Sorry to HOU fans. love ya but we all know Warriors will beat you guys in 5.

mightybosstone
04-13-2017, 09:45 AM
If OKC can take one of the first two in Houston, I think this goes 6 or 7. If not, it's a 4 or 5 game series. But the Rockets are going to win, and I'd feel pretty good about making that bet. They're just a better, more talented overall basketball team. And OKC can't keep up with them offensively over an entire series.

The key for Houston is stepping on the Thunder's throat when they get leads. I could be wrong, but I think the Rockets actually had big, double-digit leads in all four games they played against OKC this season. And in all four games, the Thunder came back and either won or made the game far closer than it deserved to be in the fourth quarter.

rhino17
04-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Rockets in 5

Bruno
04-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Wow, thought i'd be the only one taking Houston on the road to close out the series. Doesnt feel like a five or seven game series heading into it.

SteBO
04-13-2017, 04:04 PM
I think this series will serve as huge eye opener to OKC's front office to get Westy some help. Harden easily has the better team here....Rockets in 5. Hope I'm wrong though.

Htownballa1622
04-13-2017, 04:13 PM
i wish we'd sweep these ****** just because I'm tired of hearing ESPN and their BS.

Rockets in 6.

EDIT: I chose Rockets in 6 and then clearly clicked wrong one. fail.:cool:

Vee-Rex
04-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Rox in 5.

It'll be hard for OKC to keep up with them.

kdspurman
04-13-2017, 04:40 PM
i wish we'd sweep these ****** just because I'm tired of hearing ESPN and their BS.

Rockets in 6.

EDIT: I chose Rockets in 6 and then clearly clicked wrong one. fail.:cool:

Changed the #s, so the Thunder pick isn't there anymore and added 1 more to Rockets in 6

Htownballa1622
04-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Changed the #s, so the Thunder pick isn't there anymore and added 1 more to Rockets in 6

Thanks a lot!

you da real mvp :win:

Quinnsanity
04-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Russ steals a game, but Rockets win with relative ease.

kdspurman
04-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot!

you da real mvp :win:

:hi5:

TylerSL
04-13-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm actually taking the Thunder in 6 games. The Rockets are gonna try to run and shoot 3's but the Thunder will be able to dominate the glass in this series. I expect OKC to be able to take enough possessions away from the Rockets on the glass that they keep pace with them. Westbrook will have to be otherworldly but he already is.

FlashBolt
04-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Funny how everyone is saying Rockets will win because they have more help.. It's so obvious that Westbrook = Harden and then the teammates come into play.. in which OKC stands no chance.

Scoots
04-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Funny how everyone is saying Rockets will win because they have more help.. It's so obvious that Westbrook = Harden and then the teammates come into play.. in which OKC stands no chance.

System and the player in the middle of it comes into play too. I think Westy's teammates are superior on the defensive end and Harden's on offense. I think that disparity will make this interesting.

Beverly vs Westbrook
Roberson vs Harden

Both are good one way matchups.

FlashBolt
04-14-2017, 03:28 PM
System and the player in the middle of it comes into play too. I think Westy's teammates are superior on the defensive end and Harden's on offense. I think that disparity will make this interesting.

Beverly vs Westbrook
Roberson vs Harden

Both are good one way matchups.

The difference is Houston can play defense but they just win offensively. Most of the games we win isn't based off our defense but the fact we can't score when teams are isolated on Westy. That's not a problem Houston will have so it'll be difficult for us to generate offense when we have guys who aren't good at it.

Heediot
04-14-2017, 07:14 PM
I think Dipo steps up. Rox in 6. If Russ can slow the game down and play methodically like a Paul/Billups/Conley, the Thunder may have a chance to steal the series. I just don't think he's wired that way, dude is too high energy and prefers to think on his feet, his style plays into the Rox hands because they have the better players for that kind of style/high energy game. Rox in 6.

lol, please
04-15-2017, 03:35 AM
Rockets sweep the Thunder shocking the world and meet the Warriors in a mega series. Take it to the bank.

Bostonjorge
04-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Westbrook just needs to average a triple double this series.

rhino17
04-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I think Dipo steps up. Rox in 6. If Russ can slow the game down and play methodically like a Paul/Billups/Conley, the Thunder may have a chance to steal the series. I just don't think he's wired that way, dude is too high energy and prefers to think on his feet, his style plays into the Rox hands because they have the better players for that kind of style/high energy game. Rox in 6.
If Russ does that, OKC loses in 4, all 4 games being blowouts. Russ needs to do EVERYTHING he can, and that will probably only be good enough for 1 win

KnicksorBust
04-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Still think the Rox are a fake contender but OKC is an even worse one man team.

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Not worried after that first quarter. Roberson and Christon shot 3-3 from the 3-point line. Let's see them keep that up all game long. And Houston's 2-10 from the 3-point line. Those two trends aren't sustainable.

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Rockets are the least scary team in the playoffs. Harden won't get those lame foul calls in the playoffs

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Not worried after that first quarter. Roberson and Christon shot 3-3 from the 3-point line. Let's see them keep that up all game long. And Houston's 2-10 from the 3-point line. Those two trends aren't sustainable.

And beverly will continue to shoot 4-5? lol ok man

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 09:54 PM
And beverly will continue to shoot 4-5? lol ok man

Beverley >>>>> Roberson and Christon

tredigs
04-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Westbrook looking like playoff Westbrook in this one. And that is not a good thing.

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Rockets are the least scary team in the playoffs. Harden won't get those lame foul calls in the playoffs

You're either trolling or are a complete ****ing idiot. Either way, it's hard to take you seriously.

Toxeryll
04-16-2017, 10:02 PM
I love watching Beverly-Westbrook lol

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 10:12 PM
You're either trolling or are a complete ****ing idiot. Either way, it's hard to take you seriously.

You're a rockets fan so of course you'll think like that. The only team in the West i'd rather play more that the rockets is the Blazers

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Beverley >>>>> Roberson and Christon

riiight

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 10:18 PM
5 point game despite being on the road, westbrook sucking ***, 42 points in the paint for rockets and OKC getting beat on the boards. None of those will continue. Rockets are the fakest contender since the Hawks a few years ago

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 10:20 PM
5 point game despite being on the road, westbrook sucking ***, 42 points in the paint for rockets and OKC getting beat on the boards. None of those will continue. Rockets are the fakest contender since the Hawks a few years ago

I rarely ignore posters on this site, but I know an obvious troll when I see one. Ignored. Enjoy the rest of the series. :)

tredigs
04-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Westbrook and Harden - their teams point guards - took 15 and 20 field goal attempts respectively (not efficiently). This is a new era.

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 10:24 PM
I rarely ignore posters on this site, but I know an obvious troll when I see one. Ignored. Enjoy the rest of the series. :)

:yawn:

You only think I'm trolling because you're a Rockets fan. Ignore me, idc. Nobody respects the Rockets as a real contender

lol, please
04-16-2017, 10:29 PM
:yawn:

You only think I'm trolling because you're a Rockets fan. Ignore me, idc. Nobody respects the Rockets as a real contender
Seriously? They are the 3rd best team in a deep west.

tredigs
04-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Westbrook accounts for every Thunder turnover. Wow.

Toxeryll
04-16-2017, 10:43 PM
holy ****. Beverly ran into a wall

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 10:44 PM
god that was a ridiculous screen

Scoots
04-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Disgusting D from Westbrook. Beverley was his man, get's that 3 in the corner and Westbrook is STROLLING down the middle of the court to get back on "D". It's stuff like this that made me certain he should not be MVP.

tredigs
04-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Disgusting D from Westbrook. Beverley was his man, get's that 3 in the corner and Westbrook is STROLLING down the middle of the court to get back on "D". It's stuff like this that made me certain he should not be MVP.

The 6-21 shooting along with 8 turnovers (3rd quarter...) aren't exactly helping the cause. He got shut down offensively in the playoffs often enough alongside KD, having to do it in this 1 man circus they created is just going to highlight that struggle.

zn23
04-16-2017, 10:53 PM
The real MVP will win this series.

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 11:08 PM
Harden going 1 on 1 every time against Kanter or Adams because you can't leave the shooters. WB going 1 on 5 because Oladipo and Co can't hit anything

zn23
04-16-2017, 11:11 PM
If you're not a Rockets fan, they will drive you crazy with the way they can draw these fouls.

zn23
04-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Harden is cooking right now.

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Weird how the "least dangerous team in the playoffs" is winning by 28 points right now. :eyebrow:

D'Antoni seriously needs to consider just sitting Harden the rest of the game. The guy has had an unbelievable night, but there's no reason risking him getting hurt at this point.

poleandreel
04-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Weird how the "least dangerous team in the playoffs" is winning by 28 points right now. :eyebrow:

D'Antoni seriously needs to consider just sitting Harden the rest of the game. The guy has had an unbelievable night, but there's no reason risking him getting hurt at this point.

Didn't know one game mattered. Okc beat GS last year after being up 3-1 and blowing them out twice, right? Warriors beat cavs after blowing them out, right? The Celtics must be so worried that the Bulls are so dangerous. If that CJ Miles shot went in the Cavs should be panicking that they can't beat the Pacers

Get some help man

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Didn't know one game mattered. Okc beat GS last year after being up 3-1 and blowing them out twice, right? Warriors beat cavs after blowing them out, right? The Celtics must be so worried that the Bulls are so dangerous. If that CJ Miles shot went in the Cavs should be panicking that they can't beat the Pacers

Get some help man

:violin:

valade16
04-16-2017, 11:38 PM
What a bad game from Westy. Like trainwreck bad

mightybosstone
04-16-2017, 11:47 PM
As excellent as Houston played in that second half, it's still one game, and they need to take OKC seriously on Wednesday. Any team that gets punched in the mouth like the Thunder just got is going to have a chip on its shoulder the next game, and the Rockets need to expect to get OKC's "A" game in a few days.

If they hope to make a long postseason run, there's a lot of things they need to work on as well. As good as Harden, Beverley, Capela and Nene were, I thought Ariza, Ryno, Gordon and Anderson were pretty much nonfactors tonight. Those guys really need to wake up and start hitting shots. The Rockets aren't going to win many games when they shoot 10-33 from the 3-point line.

c.c.
04-17-2017, 12:01 AM
That was some great playoff basketball there! I loved that second half

zn23
04-17-2017, 12:03 AM
Thankfully, Daryl Morey didn't trade Patrick Beverly for Iman Shumpert. that could have been a disaster.

mightybosstone
04-17-2017, 12:08 AM
Thankfully, Daryl Morey didn't trade Patrick Beverly for Iman Shumpert. that could have been a disaster.

I don't believe for a second that there was any validity to that rumor. I think Morey coveted Shumpert and when he went to Cleveland to inquire about him, the Cavs reiterated their interest in Beverley and probably threw that out as an option. But no way would Morey deal Beverley for a lesser player. I honestly believe at this point that, unless Beverley falls off significantly as a player, Morey won't deal Beverley unless it's in a package for a superstar player. And even that would surprise me.

The guy is so often the heart and soul of the team, and their record when he's on the floor bears that out.

ewing
04-17-2017, 12:26 AM
If you're not a Rockets fan, they will drive you crazy with the way they can draw these fouls.

Its true is makes Harden unappealing. He is a great player but its hard sometimes

ewing
04-17-2017, 12:29 AM
As excellent as Houston played in that second half, it's still one game, and they need to take OKC seriously on Wednesday. Any team that gets punched in the mouth like the Thunder just got is going to have a chip on its shoulder the next game, and the Rockets need to expect to get OKC's "A" game in a few days.

If they hope to make a long postseason run, there's a lot of things they need to work on as well. As good as Harden, Beverley, Capela and Nene were, I thought Ariza, Ryno, Gordon and Anderson were pretty much nonfactors tonight. Those guys really need to wake up and start hitting shots. The Rockets aren't going to win many games when they shoot 10-33 from the 3-point line.

its don't think they get totally out worked again. credit to Houston. that said i think will be interesting to see how Westy responses. He is an emotion guy i'm sure didn't like seeing Harden put on a show. he needs to control it but his game is playing on the edge

ewing
04-17-2017, 12:32 AM
Also a credit to Mike Dantoni. I haven't watched enough to fully comment but while a expected harden to be monster with him its seems he has intergrated some more one on one stuff and his non shooting bigs and defenders have fit well. I'm rooting for the Thunder but let give credit where its do.

JAZZNC
04-17-2017, 12:48 AM
I don't believe for a second that there was any validity to that rumor. I think Morey coveted Shumpert and when he went to Cleveland to inquire about him, the Cavs reiterated their interest in Beverley and probably threw that out as an option. But no way would Morey deal Beverley for a lesser player. I honestly believe at this point that, unless Beverley falls off significantly as a player, Morey won't deal Beverley unless it's in a package for a superstar player. And even that would surprise me.

The guy is so often the heart and soul of the team, and their record when he's on the floor bears that out.
Beverly is a solid player, but man I hate that guy...just his "pestery" demeanor on the court annoys the hell out of me, although I'm sure I'd love him if he played for my team! He brings it every night and that's harder to find than one would think.

ewing
04-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Beverly is a solid player, but man I hate that guy...just his "pestery" demeanor on the court annoys the hell out of me, although I'm sure I'd love him if he played for my team! He brings it every night and that's harder to find than one would think.

this is why i like watching him. He took at screen and i know it was cool that he hit a 3 but dude didn't stop fighting over top either.

Saddletramp
04-17-2017, 03:36 AM
Man, I love Patrick Beverley.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2017, 04:05 AM
i hate harden... but holy **** he is unstoppable.

Scoots
04-17-2017, 09:06 AM

A smaller Draymond Green. I love him. When they play the Warriors he just mugs Curry. Dude is fierce.

And that legal pick? Beverley should be pissed at his teammates for not calling it out.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2017, 09:16 AM
Westbrook lovers have to swallow hard after this one. I would rather see Kawhi get MVP or even LeBron than James Harden but this game was the perfect example of why Russ's 2-3 extra rebounds per game doesnt make him more valuable than Harden.

cmellofan15
04-17-2017, 10:30 AM

you watch the second half of that game?

FlashBolt
04-17-2017, 11:06 AM
To be fair, as I said already many times, the difference is simply the help. We couldn't score for ****. Look at Beverley and look at what we have. It's just not even comparable. Oladipo is a total dud. I hope we don't resign this guy. Dude seems contempt just being in the league. No heart.

Driven
04-17-2017, 12:04 PM
It was a great game by the Rockets. Yes, the Rockets have three point shooters. But they struggled in general form 3-point range until late in the game last night. The Thunder pretty much matched them in that department.

D'Antoni doesn't get enough credit for the development of Capela and Nene at the Center position. I like both players, but they are/were not nearly as good of players as the production that D'Antoni gets out of then. The Rockets are overlooked as a team inside of the paint. Their style is to shoot threes, because three is better than one. But also part of their game plan is to shoot the highest percentage twos, because it's the most efficient basket to make.

They have a really nice eight man rotation going now. Harden and Lou draw the most shooting fouls on three pointers in the league and it's not even close. They shoot threes. They dunk. They have a couple players that can play great individual defense. And that pick and roll was killer last night.

Patrick Beverley had quite the game last night. I can understand why people don't like the guy. But for a guy who probably shouldn't even be in the league a few years ago, he's playing really the way he needs to play to be successful in the league. He's developed his offensive game a lot. He's had the chance to in Houston. He's no longer a liability on the offensive end, and can run an offense for spurts at a time. For a player like Beverly to have as much of an impact on a game where he's matched up with who will likely be the MVP is really incredible.

As fun as the Harden vs. Westbrook storyline in this series is, to me, Beverly vs. Westbrook is most entertaining. This has a chance to be an amazing first round series. I expect Westbrook to put up a monster game in Game 2.

mightybosstone
04-17-2017, 03:44 PM
To be fair, as I said already many times, the difference is simply the help. We couldn't score for ****. Look at Beverley and look at what we have. It's just not even comparable. Oladipo is a total dud. I hope we don't resign this guy. Dude seems contempt just being in the league. No heart.

What point are you trying to make here? I'm confused. The Rockets were clearly the better team last night, but it's not as if Harden and Westy played on the same level and the Rockets' supporting cast was just substantially better than OKC's. Yes, the Rockets got better production of the rest of their roster than the Thunder did, but that's kind of a moot point. Harden was just much better last night. And the Rockets were just must better overall as a team.

I just don't understand what you're trying to argue. Westbrook's supporting cast last night is totally irrelevant. He was as terrible as the rest of this team was. And everyone on the Thunder roster pretty much deserves the blame with maybe the exception of Roberson.

FlashBolt
04-17-2017, 04:42 PM
What point are you trying to make here? I'm confused. The Rockets were clearly the better team last night, but it's not as if Harden and Westy played on the same level and the Rockets' supporting cast was just substantially better than OKC's. Yes, the Rockets got better production of the rest of their roster than the Thunder did, but that's kind of a moot point. Harden was just much better last night. And the Rockets were just must better overall as a team.

I just don't understand what you're trying to argue. Westbrook's supporting cast last night is totally irrelevant. He was as terrible as the rest of this team was. And everyone on the Thunder roster pretty much deserves the blame with maybe the exception of Roberson.

You just can't seem to quit making this a Westbrook vs Harden argument. I'm not debating that. I've gone on numerous occasions saying they are both equally deserving of MVP. What I'm arguing is that despite Westbrook's bad performance, his teammates weren't there. And that PROVES my point that they are too dependent on Westbrook. We saw zero from Oladipo while Beverley was lights on. There's just not enough help for Westbrook. You're the one who is making a strawman argument. I said from the start before this series started that we should lose in five and it's not because of Westbrook but because we lack scoring. We didn't win a single matchup last night other than Roberson.. who had his best game ever. This guy is a horrible shooter but was 4-6.

mightybosstone
04-17-2017, 05:40 PM
You just can't seem to quit making this a Westbrook vs Harden argument. I'm not debating that. I've gone on numerous occasions saying they are both equally deserving of MVP. What I'm arguing is that despite Westbrook's bad performance, his teammates weren't there. And that PROVES my point that they are too dependent on Westbrook. We saw zero from Oladipo while Beverley was lights on. There's just not enough help for Westbrook. You're the one who is making a strawman argument. I said from the start before this series started that we should lose in five and it's not because of Westbrook but because we lack scoring. We didn't win a single matchup last night other than Roberson.. who had his best game ever. This guy is a horrible shooter but was 4-6.

Except I never once in this thread made this a Westbrook vs. Harden argument. You did by making excuses for the guy, totally unprovoked. :shrug:

And even if this thread HAD devolved into a Harden vs. Westbrook argument (which I don't believe it had whatsoever), I don't see how you would have a leg to stand on after last night. Regardless of the guy's supporting cast, he totally sucked. Period. How his teammates performed was totally irrelevant. Also, by highlighting Beverley's big night, you're completely glossing over the poor production of Ryno, Gordon, Lou Will and Ariza.

But this was ultimately just one game of a long series. Before we start making excuses or getting into another heated argument over who should be the MVP, let's see how the series plays out first.

Scoots
04-17-2017, 05:50 PM
I think Westbrooks teammates are underrated.

valade16
04-17-2017, 06:28 PM

Which ones? There are good players on OKC, the problem is the good players are either very limited or very one dimensional overall.

Look at the OBM and DPM of their top players outside Westy:

Steven Adams: -0.7 OPM, 2.1 DPM
Andre Roberson: -2.1 OPM, 2.1 DPM
Enes Kanter: 0.6 OPM, -1.9 DPM

Roberson is terrible offensively and Kanter is terrible defensively, Adams is very limited offensively himself and Oladipo is a volume scorer who doesn't do it very efficiently.

They are good players, but each one has a fairly crippling weakness in their game.

mightybosstone
04-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Which ones? There are good players on OKC, the problem is the good players are either very limited or very one dimensional overall.

Roberson is terrible offensively and Kanter is terrible defensively, Adams is very limited offensively himself and Oladipo is a volume scorer who doesn't do it very efficiently.

They are good players, but each one has a fairly crippling weakness in their game.

I could make a similar case for Houston's role players, though. Ariza and Beverley are both quality perimeter defenders who can be very one-dimensional offensively. It's easy to point out last night's game and point to Beverley's contributions, but that's a guy who averaged only 9.5 points per game on 8.1 shots a night in the regular season. And then you have Ryno, Gordon and Williams who are all dangerous offensively, but really struggle defensively—Gordon is maybe just slightly below average, but Ryno and Lou Will are both atrocious.

You could make a case for Capela and Nene as competent two-way players. But Clint really, really struggles against true low-post centers, and Nene is truly awful on the glass.

jason
04-17-2017, 07:16 PM
A smaller Draymond Green. I love him. When they play the Warriors he just mugs Curry. Dude is fierce.

And that legal pick? Beverley should be pissed at his teammates for not calling it out.

Agreed. He's another Draymond and he's cool when he's on your team

valade16
04-17-2017, 07:48 PM
I could make a similar case for Houston's role players, though. Ariza and Beverley are both quality perimeter defenders who can be very one-dimensional offensively. It's easy to point out last night's game and point to Beverley's contributions, but that's a guy who averaged only 9.5 points per game on 8.1 shots a night in the regular season. And then you have Ryno, Gordon and Williams who are all dangerous offensively, but really struggle defensively—Gordon is maybe just slightly below average, but Ryno and Lou Will are both atrocious.

You could make a case for Capela and Nene as competent two-way players. But Clint really, really struggles against true low-post centers, and Nene is truly awful on the glass.

It's a very weak case. OKC would be ecstatic if Roberson scored 9 Pts a game. Beverley hasn't averaged as few PPG as Roberson since his rookie season. Roberson scored over 14 points once all season and never scored 20 points once.

As for Kanter, he's so bad defensively his coach is openly contemplating whether he can use him at all this series.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/thunder-coach-billy-donovan-may-decide-cant-play-enes-kanter-much-161743756.html

When it comes to role players, OKC's are far more one dimensional than Houston's. Heck, you could make a strong case Roberson is the worst offensive starter in the league and an even better case Kanter is the worst defensive Big in the entire NBA.

mightybosstone
04-17-2017, 09:10 PM
It's a very weak case. OKC would be ecstatic if Roberson scored 9 Pts a game. Beverley hasn't averaged as few PPG as Roberson since his rookie season. Roberson scored over 14 points once all season and never scored 20 points once.
At no point did I say that Beverley was as bad offensively as Roberson is. And that wouldn't be the best comparison anyway as they play totally different positions. Ariza would be, who is a far less useful offensive player than Bev.

As for Kanter, he's so bad defensively his coach is openly contemplating whether he can use him at all this series.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/thunder-coach-billy-donovan-may-decide-cant-play-enes-kanter-much-161743756.html
Kanter is no worse defensively than Ryno or Lou Will. He's awful. But those guys are every bit the sieves that he is defensively.

When it comes to role players, OKC's are far more one dimensional than Houston's. Heck, you could make a strong case Roberson is the worst offensive starter in the league and an even better case Kanter is the worst defensive Big in the entire NBA.
Houston has more quality role players than OKC. I don't think anyone would debate that. But the difference in talent between Houston's 2-3-4 guys isn't so much better than OKC's 2-3-4 guys. Houston's just much better rotation-wise from 5-9 than OKC is.

Heediot
04-17-2017, 09:24 PM

He has some nice pieces for defense and hustle guys, but offensively there is a tonne to be desired for OKC.

valade16
04-17-2017, 09:32 PM
At no point did I say that Beverley was as bad offensively as Roberson is. And that wouldn't be the best comparison anyway as they play totally different positions. Ariza would be, who is a far less useful offensive player than Bev.

Kanter is no worse defensively than Ryno or Lou Will. He's awful. But those guys are every bit the sieves that he is defensively.

Houston has more quality role players than OKC. I don't think anyone would debate that. But the difference in talent between Houston's 2-3-4 guys isn't so much better than OKC's 2-3-4 guys. Houston's just much better rotation-wise from 5-9 than OKC is.

I was saying how one dimensional OKC's players were and you brought up Beverly, who is not even close to as one dimensional as Roberson. Heck, even Ariza is a vastly more useful offensive player than Roberson.

Neither Ryno nor Lou Will are counted on to be the team's defensive anchor when in the game, which makes Kanter's inability to play D all the worse. Regardless, I would disagree that both are as bad defensively as Kanter. Kanter would be in top consideration for the worst defensive player in the entire NBA. There's a reason he is dynamite offensively and only plays 20 minutes off the bench, and it's because his defense is legendarily bad.

I agree, Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, Ryno and Beverly aren't much better than Adams, Kanter, Roberson and Oladipo aren't far apart talent-wise. The difference is their not as one dimensional as OKC's guys.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 11:34 AM
I was saying how one dimensional OKC's players were and you brought up Beverly, who is not even close to as one dimensional as Roberson. Heck, even Ariza is a vastly more useful offensive player than Roberson.

Neither Ryno nor Lou Will are counted on to be the team's defensive anchor when in the game, which makes Kanter's inability to play D all the worse. Regardless, I would disagree that both are as bad defensively as Kanter. Kanter would be in top consideration for the worst defensive player in the entire NBA. There's a reason he is dynamite offensively and only plays 20 minutes off the bench, and it's because his defense is legendarily bad.

I agree, Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, Ryno and Beverly aren't much better than Adams, Kanter, Roberson and Oladipo aren't far apart talent-wise. The difference is their not as one dimensional as OKC's guys.

What would you do if you were the GM of the Thunder?

valade16
04-18-2017, 11:42 AM

They just re-signed Westbrook to a huge contract so they are sort of stuck at the moment. Sabonis looks like he could develop into a solid player for them and they have a number of guys stashed away overseas. If one of them pans out or they draft a quality guy they can improve but it'd only be marginal unless they hit big.

They have some trade assets I just don't think the assets could net them much. I don't know how close they are to the cap or if they're over but given their history I don't think ownership would break the bank on a bunch of FA anyway.

In short, they are in a very tough spot. KD leaving really decimated that franchise. I do feel sorry for Thunder fans to an extent.

lol, please
04-18-2017, 11:57 AM

I'm more interested in what valade16 would do if he was the GM of the Trail Blazers.

:)

valade16
04-18-2017, 12:01 PM
I'm more interested in what valade16 would do if he was the GM of the Trail Blazers.

:)

If I were as good at trading as Olshey is I'd definitely be looking to trade more trades like Nurkic. As it is, I'd try to find someone to dump Leonard on since he may still have value since he can shoot the 3.

The team is likely stuck with Turner so they'll be over the cap for the next 3 seasons with Lillard/CJ's contracts.

Portland seems to be where the Rockets were last year, they had overachieved the season before and then underachieved. I bet next season we even out and fall right about where we should, which could be as high as 5th behind GS, SA, Hou and Utah.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 02:22 PM
If I were as good at trading as Olshey is I'd definitely be looking to trade more trades like Nurkic. As it is, I'd try to find someone to dump Leonard on since he may still have value since he can shoot the 3.

The team is likely stuck with Turner so they'll be over the cap for the next 3 seasons with Lillard/CJ's contracts.

Portland seems to be where the Rockets were last year, they had overachieved the season before and then underachieved. I bet next season we even out and fall right about where we should, which could be as high as 5th behind GS, SA, Hou and Utah.

Would you consider shopping CJ or do you believe you can build around him and Dame?

valade16
04-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Would you consider shopping CJ or do you believe you can build around him and Dame?

I think it will always be a struggle with them defensively together but from the potential offers I've seen, Portland isn't getting back even close to fair value for CJ and his shooting has been phenomenal. They are both so dangerous together because either can pass, drive, shoot a 3, or make a tough shot on the move.

At this point I'd build around them and see why we can do with them and Nurkic next season.

I can't help but wonder if LMA knew CJ would be this good would he have stayed?

ewing
04-18-2017, 03:34 PM

Sabonis is underrated

valade16
04-18-2017, 03:40 PM
Sabonis is underrated

By what measure? He flashed some skills and he looks like he can become a solid contributor but right now? A rookie who averaged 6 PPG in 20 MPG and didn't shoot very well and doesn't do much else at an above average NBA level.

He's got a good future, but in the present? His play isn't all that good at the moment.

Driven
04-18-2017, 03:47 PM
I think one think that bodes in favor of Harden, whether it's him or the system he's in, is that his supporting players all developed better than the Thunder's supporting players. Let's be honest, guys like Capela, Beverley, Gordon, Anderson, Dekker, Harrell, and Nene haven't exactly been great in previous years. They are all limited in different ways, yet they all produce at a higher level than what they should, with the exception of Anderson perhaps.

The Thunder have some serviceable players. How many of these guys would succeed better in the Rockets system?

Beverley was able to develop from a liability offensively to a serviceable offensive player in his five years with the Rockets. Why hasn't Roberson been able to at least develop his shot?

europagnpilgrim
04-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Sabonis is underrated

a younger skinny version of his dad most definitely is, if OKC Sabonis was as good as his dad OKC would be legit WCF threats, Portland wasted his best yrs overseas or they would have made 2-3 Finals back then

valade16
04-18-2017, 04:25 PM
a younger skinny version of his dad most definitely is, if OKC Sabonis was as good as his dad OKC would be legit WCF threats, Portland wasted his best yrs overseas or they would have made 2-3 Finals back then

A. Portland didn't waste his best years overseas, the USSR would not give Sabonis permission to play basketball in the US. Portland would have taken him in a heartbeat.

B. Portland did make 2 Finals, in 1990 and 1992. I'm assuming you mean 2-3 more?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 05:12 PM

I think it will always be a struggle with them defensively together but from the potential offers I've seen, Portland isn't getting back even close to fair value for CJ and his shooting has been phenomenal. They are both so dangerous together because either can pass, drive, shoot a 3, or make a tough shot on the move.

At this point I'd build around them and see why we can do with them and Nurkic next season.

I can't help but wonder if LMA knew CJ would be this good would he have stayed?

I am gonna put you on the spot. With LMA and a healthy Nurkic... title contenders?

KnicksorBust
04-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Sabonis is underrated

Portland wasted his best yrs overseas or they would have made 2-3 Finals back then

:rolleyes:

valade16
04-18-2017, 05:28 PM
I am gonna put you on the spot. With LMA and a healthy Nurkic... title contenders?

Title contenders in that they'd be right there with Houston and San Antonio, but given SA would get worse they'd all be clearly second tier teams to GS. So other than going further in the playoffs it'd be a moot endeavor.

KnicksorBust
04-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Title contenders in that they'd be right there with Houston and San Antonio, but given SA would get worse they'd all be clearly second tier teams to GS. So other than going further in the playoffs it'd be a moot endeavor.

Blazers/Clippers/Celtics fans all you guys write your teams off so easily!!!!! What I would give to have a 45-50 favorite team :)

valade16
04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Blazers/Clippers/Celtics fans all you guys write your teams off so easily!!!!! What I would give to have a 45-50 favorite team :)

Well right now I'm saying the same thing about the Blazers :)

europagnpilgrim
04-19-2017, 04:46 PM
A. Portland didn't waste his best years overseas, the USSR would not give Sabonis permission to play basketball in the US. Portland would have taken him in a heartbeat.

B. Portland did make 2 Finals, in 1990 and 1992. I'm assuming you mean 2-3 more?

A. He could have raised hell and made it happen, Portland as well, money talks, see baseball imports for proof

B. of course I mean 2-3 more, meaning with the core after the days of Porter/Drexler/Kersey etc. , he could have taken over where Drexler left off with that Jailblazer core, now I think of it they may have went to more Finals had he been paired up with Drexler because I think he was drafted around 86-87 season, he was a big active dominant type body with the skill to match

valade16
04-19-2017, 04:58 PM
A. He could have raised hell and made it happen, Portland as well, money talks, see baseball imports for proof

B. of course I mean 2-3 more, meaning with the core after the days of Porter/Drexler/Kersey etc. , he could have taken over where Drexler left off with that Jailblazer core, now I think of it they may have went to more Finals had he been paired up with Drexler because I think he was drafted around 86-87 season, he was a big active dominant type body with the skill to match

I don't think you realize what the USSR was like to say that lol.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Really pumped for Game 2. The big thing I'll be looking for early on will be how the Thunder defend James in this game. Will they stop switching to avoid letting him drive easily to the rim, or are they going to be willing to give up more open looks on the 3-point line?

lol, please
04-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Spurs / Rockets would be huge....

lol, please
04-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Thunder making a statement early.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Ryno has been completely ****ing useless offensively in this series. If he can't make those shots, why in the hell are they paying him that much money?

Chronz
04-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Ryno has been completely ****ing useless offensively in this series. If he can't make those shots, why in the hell are they paying him that much money?

His gravity and rebounding for a stretch4

tredigs
04-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Lou Williams taking over for a missing Harden in the 1st half here.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Lou Will and Harden's foul-drawing ability kept the Rockets in the game in that first half, in which they played like complete crap. As ugly as they've been, the fact that they're down only 6 is promising. If they start making shots and can grab some rebounds in the second half, I really like their chances.

NYKnickFanatic
04-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Should be a common foul, nothing more.

Wouldn't be surprised if they call a flagrant though.

nastynice
04-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Pretty sick game so far

nastynice
04-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Westbrook lookin kinda filthy.

Chronz
04-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Yeah RWB is going to have to play 47 minutes one of these games. We may finally witness a human combustion

lol, please
04-19-2017, 10:15 PM
What a game...

tredigs
04-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Yeah RWB is going to have to play 47 minutes one of these games. We may finally witness a human combustion

My opinion? He dominates too much. Team has no idea what offense or how to run it without him. Not exactly a tough team to game plan for. He's been beasting tonight though. Unfortunately for them, might not be enough. And when he is terrible like he was last game, it's a wrap.

Scoots
04-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Westbrooks level of effort on offense is crazy.

Still not my MVP, but dayam.

lol, please
04-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Gordon for the lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer:

DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!!

lol, please
04-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Williams is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

kdspurman
04-19-2017, 10:29 PM
What in the world was Beverley arguing about lol. He went for the ball, but obviously hit WB in the face

Scoots
04-19-2017, 10:30 PM
OKC won the first, lost the 2nd, the 3rd, and thus far the 4th.

aman_13
My opinion? He dominates too much. Team has no idea what offense or how to run it without him. Not exactly a tough team to game plan for. He's been beasting tonight though. Unfortunately for them, might not be enough. And when he is terrible like he was last game, it's a wrap.

×1000

Scoots
What in the world was Beverley arguing about lol. He went for the ball, but obviously hit WB in the face

For some players it's a reflex.

KnicksorBust
04-19-2017, 10:31 PM

Wouldnt matter tho if he was surrounded by snipers instead of arob and dipo

Scoots
04-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Westbrook is no longer hot but he's shooting like he is. 38 shots is nuts. He's got 6 teammates who are over 50% in this game, and they are getting no opportunities.

kdspurman
04-19-2017, 10:32 PM
OKC won the first, lost the 2nd, the 3rd, and thus far the 4th.

If be became a good/consistent 3 point shooter, it would do wonders for him. I know he has minimal help, but he just is not a good shooter and continues to shoot.

Certainly driving and kicking ( or finishing) is a better option imo

HandsOnTheWheel
04-19-2017, 10:33 PM
44 points on 38 shots. Bet Melo wishes it were his team.

tredigs
04-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Defense clamping down and Westbrook chucking his team out of hit. Shocker. He is a very good player, but god damn did they/he create a predictable offense. 0 chance of seeing round 2.

valade16
04-19-2017, 10:36 PM
It wouldn't have mattered but lol at Westbrook not getting the foul call on that 3.

tredigs
04-19-2017, 10:36 PM
44 points on 38 shots. Bet Melo wishes it were his team.

39 shots and 14 free throws. IE 46 shooting attempts for himself so far. This **** is ridiculous. When you have the highest USG% in NBA history, you get stats, but you definitely do not always win.

valade16
04-19-2017, 10:37 PM
And a bigger lol at not calling that over and back.

c.c.
04-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Back court!

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Wow. I can't ****ing believe the refs blew that call.

aman_13
04-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Oladipo has to step up. He's regressed playing with Westbrook.

zn23
04-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Russell Westbrook 4/18 in the 4th quarter....

aman_13
04-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Although the numbers disagree with me.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 10:48 PM
So proud of the Rockets tonight. They came out insanely flat and had to scratch and claw their way back into it until they started hitting shots again in the 4th. Say what you will about Harden, but I thought he played some damn good basketball in the final period tonight and outplayed Westy when it mattered most.

That was one hell of a basketball game. Now on to OKC.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Do the Rockets have the best back court rotation in the NBA right now? How's this for a crazy stat tonight: Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams scored a combined 93 points on only 54 shots! That's ridiculous...

Scoots
04-19-2017, 10:55 PM
43 shots and 18 FT to get 51 points.
17 shots and 20 FT to get 35 points.

I think Westbrook is believing the press that he's all alone out there.

Scoots
04-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Do the Rockets have the best back court rotation in the NBA right now? How's this for a crazy stat tonight: Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams scored a combined 93 points on only 54 shots! That's ridiculous...

It's certainly a worthy debate to have.

eDush
04-19-2017, 11:14 PM

It's certainly a worthy debate to have.They were down for most of the game....if only Olamiss could hit some of his outside shots instead of choking like he never been in the playoffs before. Doh! :laugh2:

JAZZNC
04-19-2017, 11:15 PM
43 shots for 51pts....wow. 2-11 from deep, just not good at all.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 11:19 PM
A weird stat from this series so far... The Thunder have won only two quarters so far in the series: both of the first quarters. They've outscored Houston by 11 in the first quarters so far. But the Rockets have outscored OKC by 41 combined in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. If the Rockets can get that first quarter figured out...

eDush
04-19-2017, 11:22 PM
A weird stat from this series so far... The Thunder have won only two quarters so far in the series: both of the first quarters. They've outscored Houston by 11 in the first quarters so far. But the Rockets have outscored OKC by 41 combined in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. If the Rockets can get that first quarter figured out...Rox did won those games so you mean if OKC can figure out the final quarter which is the most important. Still a very close exciting game imo :clap:

c.c.
04-19-2017, 11:24 PM
So proud of the Rockets tonight. They came out insanely flat and had to scratch and claw their way back into it until they started hitting shots again in the 4th. Say what you will about Harden, but I thought he played some damn good basketball in the final period tonight and outplayed Westy when it mattered most.

That was one hell of a basketball game. Now on to OKC.

+1

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Rox did won those games so you mean if OKC can figure out the final quarter which is the most important. Still a very close exciting game imo :clap:

Not really sure what point you're trying to make here... The Thunder's play in the 4th quarter on Sunday was totally irrelevant as they were getting murdered at that point. And while the Rockets clearly outplayed OKC in the 4th, it wasn't as if they completely blew them out in the final period and that was the only reason they won. Take away the 1st and Houston outplayed OKC the entire rest of the game. The Rockets were only down 3 entering the final period.

eDush
04-19-2017, 11:32 PM
Rox did won those games so you mean if OKC can figure out the final quarter which is the most important. Still a very close exciting game imo :clap:

Not really sure what point you're trying to make here... The Thunder's play in the 4th quarter on Sunday was totally irrelevant as they were getting murdered at that point. And while the Rockets clearly outplayed OKC in the 4th, it wasn't as if they completely blew them out in the final period and that was the only reason they won. Take away the 1st and Houston outplayed OKC the entire rest of the game. The Rockets were only down 3 entering the final period.My point is if they had won the final quarter, they would have upset Houston in game 2. You being a Rox fan that you can't see how they had lost which I can :nod:

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 11:35 PM
One last point I'll make on this game tonight. I'm going to be a little peeved if most of the media take this game as "Westbrook's historic night blown because of crappy teammates." I watched the game, and his big game was pretty underwhelming:

1. The guy was something like 4-17 in the 4th quarter tonight, and he took some really, really bad shots in that final period.
2. The dude took 43 shots to get to this "historic" night and completely stopped passing the ball after the first half. You want to win games? Create for your teammates and stop chucking up contested 17-footers on every possession.
2. He never should have come close to 50 points to begin with. The referees missed one of the most blatant back court violations I've ever seen with about 1:20 left on the clock, and instead of it being a turnover by Westbook, he ended up getting a 3-pointer out of it. If Houston had lost that game because of that call, it would have been one of the all-time awful referee calls.

mightybosstone
04-19-2017, 11:41 PM
My point is if they had won the final quarter, they would have upset Houston in game 2. You being a Rox fan that you can't see how they had lost which I can :nod:

So what? In a lot of NBA games, winning or losing the 4th quarter is the difference between winning or losing the game. That's about as obvious a point as you could possibly make. The point I was making is that the Rockets dominance of the Thunder in quarters 2, 3 and 4 in the series is unusual when compared with how poorly they've started the two games.

I actually had a point to make. You just said... well... nothing really.

eDush
04-19-2017, 11:52 PM
My point is if they had won the final quarter, they would have upset Houston in game 2. You being a Rox fan that you can't see how they had lost which I can :nod:

So what? In a lot of NBA games, winning or losing the 4th quarter is the difference between winning or losing the game. That's about as obvious a point as you could possibly make. The point I was making is that the Rockets dominance of the Thunder in quarters 2, 3 and 4 in the series is unusual when compared with how poorly they've started the two games.

I actually had a point to make. You just said... well... nothing really.That they have slow starts? Um yeah that's new :rolleyes:

tredigs
04-20-2017, 12:06 AM
Westbrook took 18 field goal attempts in the 4th quarter alone. 18!. They scored 22 as a team that quarter.

Unbelievable me-first play. I would have left too.

akagiredsuns
04-20-2017, 12:13 AM
That was quite possibly the WORST 51-point performance in NBA history. 17 of 43 from the field, 2 of 11 from the arc? Guess Westbrook will break the NBA record for triple doubles since all he does is pad his stats. FYI point guards are not suppose to be grabbing 10 rebounds a game. That's what bigs are for. What's the purpose of having Gibson, Adams & Kanter down low when Westbrook is the one in the paint snatching boards? Dude needs to be a scorer and an assist man and space the floor more. Steals and blocks why not? But damn Russell let your bigs get the boards and start the tempo back up the court. Dude wants to get rebounds and go coast to coast. There is no I in team. Oladipo can score too but how the hell can he show that when Westbrook taking more than 3 times as many shots as him? Thunder may get a mercy win, but Rockets might take this in 5 unless OKC makes some serious adjustments like everyone touches the ball. MVPs are team players. First time I ever seen a ball hog on defense. Keep it up and RW will be another Barkley, Ewing & Malone. Greatness with no rings to show for it.

Scoots
04-20-2017, 12:20 AM
So ... 2:09 left in a close game, Gordon finds Beverley standing WIDE OPEN in the corner for a 3 and game. Who was "guarding" Beverley? Westbrook ... but he was in rebounding position 12 feet away, then watched the ball go by, his teammate came from up top to try to contest but Westbrook never left his rebounding position. That is not a coach having a system ... that is a player playing bad defense and maybe being too focused on numbers.

More-Than-Most
04-20-2017, 01:12 AM
Westbrook took 18 field goal attempts in the 4th quarter alone. 18!. They scored 22 as a team that quarter.

Unbelievable me-first play. I would have left too.

well to be fair when you have to put up 51/13/10/4 or whatever and basically play perfect and your team is still struggling to keep a lead I would rather go down with the ship as well ... It just shows the lack of help he has compared to harden

europagnpilgrim
04-20-2017, 01:19 AM

I think they locked up that when they acquired Lou Will, add that with the other top 6th man in Gordon and the best combo guard/mvp caliber in Harden with a pit bull/wolverine jack of all trades player in Bev and its at worst 2nd or 1a

europagnpilgrim
04-20-2017, 01:24 AM
And a bigger lol at not calling that over and back.

That over and back and that non call for Westbrook traveling against the Warriors is such a classic the refs should fine themselves for missing basic calls like that, especially when they admit fault in the weak 2 minute report or whatever it is called

lol, please
04-20-2017, 01:42 AM
That was quite possibly the WORST 51-point performance in NBA history. 17 of 43 from the field, 2 of 11 from the arc? Guess Westbrook will break the NBA record for triple doubles since all he does is pad his stats.

:laugh:

Saddletramp
04-20-2017, 04:32 AM
So ... 2:09 left in a close game, Gordon finds Beverley standing WIDE OPEN in the corner for a 3 and game. Who was "guarding" Beverley? Westbrook ... but he was in rebounding position 12 feet away, then watched the ball go by, his teammate came from up top to try to contest but Westbrook never left his rebounding position. That is not a coach having a system ... that is a player playing bad defense and maybe being too focused on numbers.

Yeah, but he got his stats. That's why you play right?

Scrappy win for the Rockets. Here's hoping they finish it out in OKC.

sammyvine
04-20-2017, 07:40 AM
How anyone can stick up for Westbrook after that is beyond me.
He was legit chucking out there. It's not like the shot he was taking were open looks.
No wonder Durant left.

Heediot
04-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah he had a bad shooting game and was piss poor down the stretch. His ball hogging and missing lay ups and threes was costly. But it was night and day with him on and of the court for the thunder, his presence helped the thunder for the most part. He needs to trust his teammates though, you never know what can happen.

sammyvine
04-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Yeah he had a bad shooting game and was piss poor down the stretch. His ball hogging and missing lay ups and threes was costly. But it was night and day with him on and of the court for the thunder, his presence helped the thunder for the most part. He needs to trust his teammates though, you never know what can happen.

I don't understand how the Thunder coaches allow that sort of play. It was so horrible to watch. No plays run, no trying to get another player open....he was legit chucking in every possession. Some of the shots he took were awful ones as well.
I don't care how bad your teammates are...no player should have 43 FGA in a single game. That means the ball isn't moving around and the player is legit ball hogging.

I also am not buying because his team is poor excuse as when Durant was there he was doing the same thing and taking shots that Durant should have been taking.

YAALREADYKNO
04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Okc blew that Game. Momentum clearly on houston's side would not be surprised at all if this series ended quickly. Russ needs to learn hero ball works sometimes but not when you're missing shots and going 17/43 and 2/11 from 3

Driven
04-20-2017, 10:40 AM

He's making similar money to Kanter and Oladipo, or at least will be with the latter. How's that going for OKC? Anderson is in a funk. But he's money from three point range. When Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams get in a funk in this series, guys like Ariza and Anderson will get hot. it's the luxury of having so many shooting options.

Driven
04-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Westbrook played an incredible game for the most part last night. I'm a Rockets fan, I prefer Harden for MVP. I'm probably biased on that front.

But I've just never liked Westbrook's style of play. He's incredible, and he can dominate, but how efficient is it? He makes incredible plays that result in... long two point jump shots. Are those shots really worth taking? Obviously it's great when he hits them, but when he doesn't it's just a wasted possession in my mind. He of course does other things like get to the rim as well, but in today's NBA I just don't see his style truly working. of course, he's made it to the finals and has made playoff runs in the past, and also single handedly made the playoffs with 45+ wins in two recent seasons. But how does his team and players develop offensively around him?

OKC is actually half built the way they should be around them. For a Westbrook led team to succeed, it has to completely run through Westbrook and they have to have bigs and play good D. They certainly lack players on the perimeter that can hit threes and play D. That's their biggest downfall.

But again, if a nobody like Beverley was can develop into the player that he is, why can't a guy like Roberson contribute more on the offensive end? If his supporting cast are a bunch of nobodies, then why do they have the same exact payroll numbers that the Rockets do? That doesn't include the two giant extensions they gave Adams and Oladipo starting next season.

The Rockets are obviously built better. But would Westbrook be any better an offense like the Rockets that pretty much bans any shot not in the paint or from three point range?

I think as an individual player, Westbrook is incredible and certainly deserving of the MVP. Not to mention is style and charisma. He's the face of a franchise as he should be. He might be the face of the NBA. But there are a small handful of players I'd rather build a team around than him, at the very least.

Scoots
04-20-2017, 10:54 AM

6 of Russ' teammates were over 50% entering the 4th ... but the ball didn't move.

But worse than the shooting to me was the terrible defense bu Russ.

tredigs
04-20-2017, 12:08 PM
well to be fair when you have to put up 51/13/10/4 or whatever and basically play perfect and your team is still struggling to keep a lead I would rather go down with the ship as well ... It just shows the lack of help he has compared to harden

"Basically play perfect" - hahaha WHAT Mtm? He scored 51 on 43 shots and 18 Free Throw attempts. That is NOT good, let alone perfect. Dude is averaging 33 shots on 34.8% from the field and 22.7% from 3. He is a disaster.

Scoots
04-20-2017, 12:29 PM
"Basically play perfect" - hahaha WHAT Mtm? He scored 51 on 43 shots and 18 Free Throw attempts. That is NOT good, let alone perfect. Dude is averaging 33 shots on 34.8% from the field and 22.7% from 3. He is a disaster.

In 2015 Klay Thompson got 52 on 25 shots and 10 FTs. And Curry had 51 on 28 shots with 3 FTs. I'm not sure which is better.

The Thunder were actually efficient in the first half, fell off a cliff in the 3rd dropping from shooting 45% to 33%, then in the 4th to 24% ... when Russ went nuts.

valade16
04-20-2017, 01:01 PM

He was what 4-18 in the 4th? Prior to that he had 43 points on 25 shots. That is very good. He became a ball-hog in the 4th and cost his team, but he was playing very well for the majority of the game.

tredigs
04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
He was what 4-18 in the 4th? Prior to that he had 43 points on 25 shots. That is very good. He became a ball-hog in the 4th and cost his team, but he was playing very well for the majority of the game.

We can break it down between very good for some of the game and one of the most selfish chucking displays of our time for some of the game if that's what people prefer, but ultimately you look at the game as a whole, and in the end it was not a good showing. You can not win being that selfish, you have to trust your teammates. Dude basically took every shot for his team in that 4th, and it's not as if he was making them. Man I legitimately am not sure if I canthink of any player in history who I would want to play with less than him. There is no chance in hell a star will sign on to play with him.

Jamiecballer
04-20-2017, 04:43 PM
that's your MVP guys. barf.

valade16
04-20-2017, 07:01 PM
that's your MVP guys. barf.

If bad playoff performances disqualify you from MVP then Harden shouldn't get it either, isn't sucking in the playoffs kind of his thing?

mightybosstone
04-20-2017, 07:29 PM
If bad playoff performances disqualify you from MVP then Harden shouldn't get it either, isn't sucking in the playoffs kind of his thing?

Mmm.... He was pretty damn good two years ago, although admittedly awful in that small sample size last year. Also, the MVP is an award for a single season of work, not every season a player has ever played, so that's a moot point. If we were judging his postseason performance as a barometer for MVP consideration, Harden has been amazing through two playoff games so far.

valade16
04-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Mmm.... He was pretty damn good two years ago, although admittedly awful in that small sample size last year. Also, the MVP is an award for a single season of work, not every season a player has ever played, so that's a moot point. If we were judging his postseason performance as a barometer for MVP consideration, Harden has been amazing through two playoff games so far.

I was just giving him ****. If I had a vote I'd vote Harden MVP. I'm kind of shocked Westy has gotten so much momentum for the award, to be honest.

Jamiecballer
04-21-2017, 11:47 AM

don't misunderstand or misrepresent what i said. i didn't say bad playoff performances should disqualify anyone from anything.

Jamiecballer
04-21-2017, 11:55 AM
shannon sharpe hits the nail on the head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egU36A1EMSQ

TrueFan420
04-21-2017, 04:55 PM
ive been saying this for a while Westbrook is a bigger more athletic AI and this current OKC team is built the same as those philly teams.

FlashBolt
04-21-2017, 05:41 PM
ive been saying this for a while Westbrook is a bigger more athletic AI and this current OKC team is built the same as those philly teams.

Yup. I love the guy but we should have won game 2. He was playing out of control in the 4th Q.. I'm not sure what happened but just watching the Cleveland game and particularly LeBron James, there's the difference between being Westbrook and LeBron.

TrueFan420
04-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Yup. I love the guy but we should have won game 2. He was playing out of control in the 4th Q.. I'm not sure what happened but just watching the Cleveland game and particularly LeBron James, there's the difference between being Westbrook and LeBron.

So I remember hearing people say that Westbrook and KD were on the same level that last year before KD left. Full disclosure I'm a warriors fan I don't want this to come off as trying to troll but I got to ask cause you're one of the few OKC fans in here. There was a lot of "reported" tension, under the surface, between the two. If you got to pick which of the two stayed which would you have chosen?

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 09:18 PM
After Game 2 I have literally no idea how this game will play out. Houston played almost three full quarters of mediocre basketball before stepping up and making a game of it late in the third on Wednesday. One interesting factor to watch tonight: "Road Ryno." Anderson has been terrible at home all year, but on fire on the road. It's one of the strangest home-road trends I've ever seen. But as bad as he's been in the first two games at home, he's almost guaranteed to bounce back tonight.

lol, please
04-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Rockets better wake up and smell the coffee. They are the better team on paper but that doesn't mean the Thunder can't run away with this game early and draw this series out longer than it has to go.

lol, please
04-21-2017, 09:57 PM
LMFAO. Was just watching Harden that whole possession. You have to literally put the ball in his face for him to make a defensive effort.

:laugh:

lol, please
04-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Anderson is wet!!!!!

lol, please
04-21-2017, 10:06 PM
After Game 2 I have literally no idea how this game will play out. Houston played almost three full quarters of mediocre basketball before stepping up and making a game of it late in the third on Wednesday. One interesting factor to watch tonight: "Road Ryno." Anderson has been terrible at home all year, but on fire on the road. It's one of the strangest home-road trends I've ever seen. But as bad as he's been in the first two games at home, he's almost guaranteed to bounce back tonight.

Proving to be prophetic thus far.

tredigs
04-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Seems the OKC cast is responding well to Westbrook taking a huge step back in field goal attempts from his game 2 effort. Just 10 shots and 4 FT attempts going into the 4th quarter (edit 3rd quarter). OKC shooting 62% as a team and 50% from 3 (Westbrook 0 3pt attempts. Went 2-11 last game). Looking much more balanced and tougher so far tonight.

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 10:45 PM
That was not a good first half for the Rockets by any stretch of the imagination, but I kind of feel like they just took the Thunder's best shot in terms of the offense of Westy's supporting cast. Let's see them put up another 51 points on 60+ percent shooting in the second half.

tredigs
04-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Westbrook won MVP by the way (not sure if that has leaked here yet). Or at least has a >95% based on independent polling of a large segment of the voters that just came out.

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 10:50 PM
Proving to be prophetic thus far.

You want to see some crazy splits? These have honestly been Anderson's home/road numbers this season:
Home: 11/4/1 on .370/.332/.773 shooting percentages
Road: 16/5/1 on .460/.465/.929 shooting percentages

It makes zero sense. The guy is even shooting almost 16 percent higher from his FREE THROWS on the road than at home! Rockets fans have been baffled by this all season long.

kdspurman
04-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Westbrook won MVP by the way (not sure if that has leaked here yet). Or at least has a >95% based on independent polling of a large segment of the voters that just came out.

I saw that too, but wasn't sure how credible it was. I didn't go thru the whole article. Crazy

tredigs
04-21-2017, 10:53 PM
That was not a good first half for the Rockets by any stretch of the imagination, but I kind of feel like they just took the Thunder's best shot in terms of the offense of Westy's supporting cast. Let's see them put up another 51 points on 60+ percent shooting in the second half.

True, their shooting definitely won't sustain at that level. But the Rockets shot pretty well themselves to be fair.

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 10:57 PM
True, their shooting definitely won't sustain at that level. But the Rockets shot pretty well themselves to be fair.

But I expect the Rockets to do that offensively. What they did in the first half offensively is pretty par for the course for them. OKC greatly overachieved offensively. I mean, Gibson, Roberson and Oladipo were a ridiculous 14-16 from the floor in that half. You think that's sustainable?

I'm not saying I think the Rockets will necessarily win this game, but I think the likelihood of the Thunder scoring 65 again in the second half with only 14 from Westbrook is really unlikely.

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Jimmie Harden, ladies and gentlemen!

tredigs
04-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Best game from Westbrook so far. Best game from OKC in general. Looking like a hell of a cast tonight.

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Jesus.... What a terrible quarter after that 9-0 run to start the third. I put that on D'Antoni a little bit. As soon as the Thunder started that 6-0 run, he should have called a timeout. The Thunder outscored them 28-16 the rest of the quarter. They're playing atrocious defense tonight, and it's exacerbated by the fact that they're not really hitting shots or moving the ball.

All around bad game. If they win in this final period, it will be a ****ing miracle.

Scoots
04-21-2017, 11:38 PM
I saw that too, but wasn't sure how credible it was. I didn't go thru the whole article. Crazy

My own lazy poll told me that 2 weeks ago. Too many people enthralled by the offense, not enough respect for the defense.

valade16
04-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Houston about to come back and win this game too lol

mightybosstone
04-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Was there a better under the radar acquisition this season than the Thunder getting Taj Gibson? I knew that guy was going to step up and have a big game at some point in the series. He's been a monster tonight on both ends of the floor.

COOLbeans
04-22-2017, 12:00 AM
Was there a better under the radar acquisition this season than the Thunder getting Taj Gibson? I knew that guy was going to step up and have a big game at some point in the series. He's been a monster tonight on both ends of the floor.

He can be a championship level player, they just need some shooters and another high quality scorer

kdspurman
04-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Is it just me, or did Harden have an angle to get to the basket there?

Def a risk going for 3 with no time left. I like the no timeout, keep the defense on their heals.

mightybosstone
04-22-2017, 12:12 AM
Ouch. That one stings a bit. I was still really proud of the Rockets tonight, though. The Thunder were just the better team tonight, but Houston never gave up and they clawed their way back time and time again. Harden was great in the 4th again tonight. And while Westy might have had a slightly better game overall, that's three consecutive nights where James has flat out outplayed Westbrook in the 4th quarter.

Given where the game was at with just a few minutes to go, to have a chance at a game winning shot with the ball in Harden's hands as the buzzer sounds was fantastic. Bummer that it missed because he hit so many big shots tonight. But it didn't. Oh well.

Great game, OKC. See you guys on Sunday. Let's see if you guys can do it again...

nastynice
04-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Westbrooks a straight sav. I love how he started his post game interview on the court

aman_13
04-22-2017, 12:19 AM
Westbrooks a straight sav. I love how he started his post game interview on the court

He's very easy to cheer for.

mightybosstone
04-22-2017, 12:21 AM
If the Rockets do anything in the offseason, it needs to be upgrading at the 3. I said it this same time last year, and I'm saying it again: I'm done with Trevor Ariza. The guy was an absolute abortion last postseason, and he's done literally nothing this postseason to change my opinion of him. He completely hides in the playoffs. He's shooting 33 percent from the floor and has hit 0-6 on his 3-point attempts. Despite playing 112 minutes, he's scored a combined 15 points so far in three games!

And in probably the biggest rebound the Rockets needed to get all game, Adams went right of the top of him for an easy put back. So, I honestly have no idea what the Rockets need him for. He's been so-so defensively in this series, he can't hit a shot to save his life, and in probably the most important play he's had all postseason, he completely failed.

I'm just totally done with the guy. He's awful.

nastynice
04-22-2017, 12:24 AM

Yea for sure, he's a true boss. He gives no ****s, gives the least ****s out of any player in the league. Good way to roll, be it basketball, be it life :)

lol, please
04-22-2017, 12:28 AM

agreed, kinda like Curry and Durant.

lol, please
04-22-2017, 12:29 AM
Hard to believe Harden bricked those two final 3 attempts, I really thought Houston was going to come back and win it. Great game overall. I still think the Rockets take it in 5 though.

nastynice
04-22-2017, 12:30 AM

Def a risk going for 3 with no time left. I like the no timeout, keep the defense on their heals.

Yea, Westbrook was gassed, shoulda went for the tie. He coulda stepped to the side and taken a long two, but woulda been a better look I think. Adams had the lane closed I think, I understand him not wanting to drive and dish

mightybosstone
04-22-2017, 12:33 AM
I was fine with the no timeout. All things considered, I thought Harden got a pretty clean look, and it wasn't that far from going in. Also, I like Harden's decision to pull up and take a clean look while he still had one. I think he learned his lesson a few possessions before when Gibson knocked the ball out of his hand when he waited too long to take a shot. The Thunder's length defensively can create real problems, and if you have the ball with only 3-4 seconds left on the clock to win the game, you should probably take that shot while you have the chance to take it.

Scoots
04-22-2017, 10:35 AM

Careful, praising any of Westy's teammates goes against the Thunder narrative that it's Westbrook and a D-League team around him.

c.c.
04-22-2017, 11:53 AM

He did but if he would of got fouled, of course the refs wasn't gonna call it that late in the game.

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 12:03 PM
There is no narrative, Scoots. We get beat down when Russ is on the bench and it's by a wide margin. Every time we have a 10+ point lead, it dwindled to 2 or 4 within a few plays. It's not the case for Harden every time. Harden was on the bench during those spurts in which Westbrook was also on the bench. There's just a sheer difference in what these two teams can do with and without their best player. With that being said, I do think Westbrook is the reason we lost game 2. It was just uncalled for to take that many shots. I watched the Cavs game the day after and it's blatantly obvious just how much better LeBron is than Westbrook. I still don't know what was on Westbrook's thought process in taking that many boneheaded shots. BTW, our second best player, Oladipo, has been a total mess this series. If you're looking for the worst starter in this series, he's it.

mightybosstone
04-22-2017, 01:40 PM
There is no narrative, Scoots. We get beat down when Russ is on the bench and it's by a wide margin. Every time we have a 10+ point lead, it dwindled to 2 or 4 within a few plays. It's not the case for Harden every time. Harden was on the bench during those spurts in which Westbrook was also on the bench. There's just a sheer difference in what these two teams can do with and without their best player. With that being said, I do think Westbrook is the reason we lost game 2. It was just uncalled for to take that many shots. I watched the Cavs game the day after and it's blatantly obvious just how much better LeBron is than Westbrook. I still don't know what was on Westbrook's thought process in taking that many boneheaded shots. BTW, our second best player, Oladipo, has been a total mess this series. If you're looking for the worst starter in this series, he's it.

Ariza's been worse. Oladipo has missed shots, but at least he's had an impact at different moments in the series and played relatively well in Game 3. Ariza has done practically nothing. He's scored 15 points in 112 minutes and he's yet to make a single 3-pointer, which is his one even remotely average skill offensively. Oladipo's even outrebounding Ariza.

mightybosstone
04-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Careful, praising any of Westy's teammates goes against the Thunder narrative that it's Westbrook and a D-League team around him.

Seriously, say what you will about the Thunder supporting cast, but that was a pretty damn good overall basketball team I watched last night. Literally every player in the rotation hit at least two shots and shot at least 40 percent from the floor, and they had five guys in double figures.

Westbrook's supporting cast clearly outplayed Harden's last night. I wonder how many more games of that it would take before the media would shut up about how little help Westy has.

Vee-Rex
04-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Westy's such a hero. Any normal man would've collapsed a long time ago.

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 02:29 PM
Ariza's been worse. Oladipo has missed shots, but at least he's had an impact at different moments in the series and played relatively well in Game 3. Ariza has done practically nothing. He's scored 15 points in 112 minutes and he's yet to make a single 3-pointer, which is his one even remotely average skill offensively. Oladipo's even outrebounding Ariza.

That might be debatable. They're both playing terrible but the thing is Oladipo is such a defensive liability and he shoots us out of games. Ariza isn't taking as many shots. Oladipo in games 1-2 took 25 shots and only made five. Trevor took 9 shots in those two games so his bad performance in game 3 really bit into his efficiency. But his few FG attempts show me that the Rockets don't need him to score whereas we need Oladipo to score. There's just more reliance on Oladipo for us than Houston has for Ariza. If Ariza isn't scoring, you guys have Lou, Beverley, or Gordon. If Oladipo isn't scoring, we have to reach for guys like Taj Gibson. Taj is a good player but him trying to score 20 points is going to be a hardcore mission.

Scoots
04-22-2017, 04:59 PM
the thing is Westbrook is such a defensive liability and he shoots us out of games.

That version is also true. :)

I like Gibson, Adams, Roberson, Sabonis, and even Grant on the Thunder. They are decent or better NBA players. When people talk trash about the team around Westbrook I'm defensive for them. Adams would easily start for the Warriors and Gibson, Roberson, and Sabonis would get significant rotation roles if they were Warriors.

If I look at the Rockets, really only Capela and Dekker would be players I'd want on the Warriors, partly because I don't think Beverley, Gordon, Ariza, Williams, or Anderson would work for the Warriors because of issues with them or their games.

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 09:14 PM
That version is also true. :)

I like Gibson, Adams, Roberson, Sabonis, and even Grant on the Thunder. They are decent or better NBA players. When people talk trash about the team around Westbrook I'm defensive for them. Adams would easily start for the Warriors and Gibson, Roberson, and Sabonis would get significant rotation roles if they were Warriors.

If I look at the Rockets, really only Capela and Dekker would be players I'd want on the Warriors, partly because I don't think Beverley, Gordon, Ariza, Williams, or Anderson would work for the Warriors because of issues with them or their games.

That's because they fit the Warriors. Warriors don't need any more offensive talent but rebounders and tough rigid players. What the Rockets have fit their team very well. They fit Harden perfectly and would fit a guy who can attack and facilitate (CP/Westy/LeBron/KD). It's much easier to be a defensive player than offensive and quite frankly, all we have are defensive players who try to score because someone has to. Adams is a good starter but he's going to get paid $23 million next season. He's far from being what he's worth. We've given up our lead every time WB is on the bench. Just so happens that Harden is ALSO on the bench when that happens.

valade16
04-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Seriously, say what you will about the Thunder supporting cast, but that was a pretty damn good overall basketball team I watched last night. Literally every player in the rotation hit at least two shots and shot at least 40 percent from the floor, and they had five guys in double figures.

Westbrook's supporting cast clearly outplayed Harden's last night. I wonder how many more games of that it would take before the media would shut up about how little help Westy has.

Westy's supporting cast clearly outplayed Harden's and the Thunder won by 2 and actually had a chance to lose at the end.

And that is about as good a game as you can expect from most of OKC's players.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 02:00 PM
OKC if they win tonight to tie the series then I can definitely see them even winning this series well especially now that it is back in OKC with them having home court but it is all going to come down to a battle of the benches but also Westbrook if he can trust his teammates enough

mightybosstone
04-23-2017, 02:15 PM
OKC if they win tonight to tie the series then I can definitely see them even winning this series well especially now that it is back in OKC with them having home court but it is all going to come down to a battle of the benches but also Westbrook if he can trust his teammates enough

What do you mean by them "having home court?" The Rockets still have the home court advantage in this series. Even if the Thunder win tonight, the Rockets will still have HCA advantage the rest of the series.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Well you know what I meant...they have home court tonight well because they are playing at home but at the same time OKC at home all time in playoff games they are pretty effective at home but last game I will admit it was a scare they nearly lost especially since Harden missed that 3 point shot but if he had nailed it then it would be a different series but tonight OKC wins it...I'm calling it

mightybosstone
04-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Well you know what I meant...they have home court tonight well because they are playing at home but at the same time OKC at home all time in playoff games they are pretty effective at home but last game I will admit it was a scare they nearly lost especially since Harden missed that 3 point shot but if he had nailed it then it would be a different series but tonight OKC wins it...I'm calling it

Punctuation, dude. Gotta work on that...

lol, please
04-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Capela breaks this game WIDE OPEN!!!

Let's go Rockets!!

:cheer: :cheer:

lol, please
04-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Ariza is wet!!!!

Rockets making a statement early.

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 04:22 PM
I hope this series shows why Westbrook takes all of those shots. Every time he gives the team a lead, they blow it when he sits. Love when Rockets fans try to make it a Westbrook vs Harden debtate - Harden sits and Gordon/Lou/Nene come in and shoot 50% and make threes...when WB sits Norris Cole and Jerami Grant come in and score zero

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 04:24 PM
Sick reach around by WB

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:28 PM
I want OKC to win this but I don't think they will. Houston will end up winning this game to go up 3-1 in the series and why? Superior bench but also Westbrook he can't do it all by himself.

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 04:40 PM
These refs are so garbage. The fouls on threes going over screens is one of the most ******** things I've ever seen. Players pumpfaking and then jumping into the defender is awful. Every ball is somehow off of OKC. Lou gets blocked and comes down with it but no jump ball. Crazy

eDush
04-23-2017, 04:41 PM
I want OKC to win this but I don't think they will. Houston will end up winning this game to go up 3-1 in the series and why? Superior bench but also Westbrook he can't do it all by himself.I think OKC play has a lot to do with crowd support so they should beat Houston cause they can miss shots too or Harden's pot fails to stir which is a sight to behold when he does...
https://youtu.be/5D3HbwIRkfs

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:42 PM
I know right but Westbrook early he is already taking over

mightybosstone
04-23-2017, 04:46 PM
Ugly first half, but the fact that they'e down four despite having easily their worst offensive first half of the postseason is promising. Those OKC perimeter shots won't keep falling. But Harden has got to step up in the second half, and the Rockets shooters have got to start hitting these open 3-pointers they're getting.

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Nene is better than every player on OKC

eDush
04-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Nene is better than every player on OKCHomer much? :nod:

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Westbrook with yet another triple double in the first half...Westbrook is something special point blank period

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Homer much? :nod:

I'm a Thunder fan...

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Thunder have a small lead but at the same time they are playing really strong defensively so that is promising

eDush
04-23-2017, 04:55 PM
Homer much? :nod:

I'm a Thunder fan...I really doubt it since Westy is universally acknowledged as better than almost every Rox player other than the Beard perhaps and guess what? ...I'm not a OKC fan.
:no:

Tg11
04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Westbrook more or less if he manages to win a championship he can be mentioned in the conversation with greats like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc. but that is only if he can manage to do with the core of guys that he already has

eDush
04-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Westbrook more or less if he manages to win a championship he can be mentioned in the conversation with greats like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc. but that is only if he can manage to do with the core of guys that he already hasSo if he hasn't yet....Nene is better than him cause? It's okay if you want to insult him with that opinionated remark even though it's not true. Enjoy the OKC win :clap:

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:07 PM
I never ever said that Nene is better than Westbrook so you do not get to put words in my mouth...I am saying that Westbrook if and when he wins a title then he can be in that conversation among the greats but right now he honestly is the best player in the NBA right now scoring triple double after triple double

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 05:13 PM
****ing nene. Jesus christ. **** this guy

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Nene is putting on a show not even I can deny that...no one can stop him on the floor right now

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 05:16 PM
**** nene

lol, please
04-23-2017, 05:18 PM
2 point game boyos.

Harden etching his name into the history books.

It's a shame the Thunder couldn't build a team correctly around Durant, he could be the difference in some of these games.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Adams needs to step it up defensively especially because Nene keeps scoring

lol, please
04-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Harden has a right to be upset, Adams shoved him first.

:facepalm:

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:21 PM
What is OKC's problem? They can't properly build a team around Westbrook but I think that that changes in the off-season if OKC do get eliminated by Houston

poleandreel
04-23-2017, 05:22 PM
That was not a travel on adams. **** these refs

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Adams shoving Harden and getting away with it I was shocked