PDA

View Full Version : NBA Game Thread- Season Ending Week

kdspurman
04-10-2017, 04:24 PM
With only 3 days remaining of the regular season, figured we'll just have 1 thread for the remainder of the week.

Monday games:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/scoreboard/?dateRange=2017-04-10

Tuesday games:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/scoreboard/?dateRange=2017-04-11

Wednesday games:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/scoreboard/?dateRange=2017-04-12

Scoots
04-10-2017, 09:16 PM
The Warriors are resting Klay, the Jazz are not resting anybody, but several players are not playing with nicks and dings.

Sounds like a boring game.

AntiG
04-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Celtics win, Cavs lose. If Boston beats Milwaukee on Wed, they are #1 seed in the east.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Sadly we are resting Klay, but Durant is back.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Phantom foul on Zaza.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 10:55 PM
LOB CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

lol, please
04-10-2017, 10:56 PM
LMAO!

McGee just wrecked Exum.

Scoots
04-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Cavs blow another 4th qtr lead and lose in OT. I wasn't really thinking they had an issue come the playoffs because when they are on they can be so on ... but I'm now thinking they may have issues that they won't be able to "switch" away from.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Beautiful jumper by Livingston.

Scoots
04-10-2017, 11:03 PM
The Jazz are SO much better when Hill is playing, and Diaw has some magic still against Draymond.

kdspurman
04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
The Jazz are SO much better when Hill is playing, and Diaw has some magic still against Draymond.

Would've loved to have Diaw just for a potential Warriors matchup lol. He's so crafty and skilled, knows how to use that big body. He just became very inconsistent

Scoots
04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Celtics win, Cavs lose. If Boston beats Milwaukee on Wed, they are #1 seed in the east.

If Raps beat Cavs they will have the same record.

Scoots
04-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Would've loved to have Diaw just for a potential Warriors matchup lol. He's so crafty and skilled, knows how to use that big body. He just became very inconsistent

He still thinks the game right ... his body just can't do it consistently anymore.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 11:34 PM
Warriors

:worthy:

ewing
04-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Cavs blow another 4th qtr lead and lose in OT. I wasn't really thinking they had an issue come the playoffs because when they are on they can be so on ... but I'm now thinking they may have issues that they won't be able to "switch" away from.

Luckily they really do have a talent advantage. the team cant be together but even if they don't "flip the switch" they made be good enough to trudge there way til it starts to come together.

lol, please
04-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Luckily they really do have a talent advantage. the team cant be together but even if they don't "flip the switch" they made be good enough to trudge there way til it starts to come together.

Nope. Not past teams like the Celtics and Raptors.

ewing
04-11-2017, 12:01 AM
He still thinks the game right ... his body just can't do it consistently anymore.

how many bench players can? I don't believe I can criticize any decision the Spurs make. I can't, but most bench players aren't consistent. That's why they are bench players. Boris can a difference maker some night and i love that off the bench. I almost insanely bias when it comes to Boris Diaw. He's best players in the league to watch.

lol, please
04-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Durant to the rim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kdspurman
04-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Jonathan Simmons just put Meyers Leonard on a poster. :speechless:

zn23
04-11-2017, 12:17 AM
A Heat win and a Pacers loss and they're in the playoffs. Or a Bulls loss and a Heat win. Either way, Heat have to win and one of those teams has to lose.

Hope the Heat make it.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-11-2017, 12:31 AM
A Heat win and a Pacers loss and they're in the playoffs. Or a Bulls loss and a Heat win. Either way, Heat have to win and one of those teams has to lose.

Hope the Heat make it.

They haven't been at .500 all year despite having several chances. Would be something if they finally did it on the last game of the year.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Seems like Iguodala is just generally less engaged when Durant's getting his minutes. Shame to see such a great player rotting behind Green and Durant. Hope he gets his payday coming up.

zn23
04-11-2017, 12:36 AM
They haven't been at .500 all year despite having several chances. Would be something if they finally did it on the last game of the year.

They dug themselves too deep of a hole starting 11-30. Their run has been pretty miraculous going 29-11 since with a 13 game winning streak. The one game that will comeback to haunt them, if they don't make the playoffs, is the loss to the Knicks. They crushed them on a first of a back to back, and then Carmelo sat out and the Knicks won the next game.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-11-2017, 12:48 AM
They dug themselves too deep of a hole starting 11-30. Their run has been pretty miraculous going 29-11 since with a 13 game winning streak. The one game that will comeback to haunt them, if they don't make the playoffs, is the loss to the Knicks. They crushed them on a first of a back to back, and then Carmelo sat out and the Knicks won the next game.

Yeah definitely. I'd argue that of those 11 losses, at least 5 were games that they should have won and choked away. Surely unprecedented what the Heat have done this year.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-11-2017, 01:00 AM
Pierce is about to pass Hondo on the all time points list.

JAZZNC
04-11-2017, 01:14 AM
And the Jazz beat the Warriors with no Hayward and no Good and no Favors. Also Hill only played 18mins. Pretty solid game. May yet get HCA.

ewing
04-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Jonathan Simmons just put Meyers Leonard on a poster. :speechless:

that dude is crazy athletic

lol, please
04-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Going to put yayper on the Jazz over the Clippers in the playoffs.

kdspurman
04-11-2017, 01:22 AM
And the Jazz beat the Warriors with no Hayward and no Good and no Favors. Also Hill only played 18mins. Pretty solid game. May yet get HCA.

For HCA you guys need the Clips to lose to the *gasp* Kings pretty much right? (and win your last game obviously)

tredigs
04-11-2017, 01:23 AM

Bears mentioning the Warriors sat Klay and opted to sit Curry/KD in the 4th quarter of a tied game. Utah is legit though, that's going to be an interesting series. We will see if Utah can finally get the best of their kryptonite.

kdspurman
04-11-2017, 01:27 AM
that dude is crazy athletic

Yea.. Weird to see him in a Spurs jersey for that reason 0_o

JAZZNC
04-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Bears mentioning the Warriors sat Klay and opted to sit Curry/KD in the 4th quarter of a tied game. Utah is legit though, that's going to be an interesting series. We will see if Utah can finally get the best of their kryptonite.

Oh yeah, but they each still played 30mins, so the fact that it was tied at that point was still impressive to me. Amazing we had the firepower to keep up offensively without Hayward and Hood. I wanna smash the Clippers so badly. Gonna be a tough tough series though.

And yes we will have to beat the Spurs and have the Clips lose to the Kings....so not likely but there's still a chance haha!

JJ_JKidd
04-11-2017, 02:29 AM
Interesting final game for Tor and Cle they meet each other and who owns the tie breaker between them?

Scoots
04-11-2017, 08:10 AM
I was wrong, that was an entertaining game. It seems the Jazz are getting healthy at the right time ... The Clippers/Jazz series is probably going to be the best first round series.

Scoots
04-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Didn't you hear? LeBron is alone on that team ... just ask him.

Wade n Fade
04-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Interesting final game for Tor and Cle they meet each other and who owns the tie breaker between them?

Toronto lost three straight to Cleveland this year. The #3 seed can only be Toronto.

AntiG
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM
If Raps beat Cavs they will have the same record.

yes, but the Cavs won their division and swept the Raptors so depending on the Celtics vs Bucks, the Cavs still get #1 or #2 seed. Raps clinched the #3 seed regardless of the outcome vs Cavs by virtue of being 2-1 vs Washington.

tredigs
04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Westbrook with the DNP-Rest on the road at Minny tonight. Oladipo game winner.

JAZZNC
04-11-2017, 10:48 PM
I was wrong, that was an entertaining game. It seems the Jazz are getting healthy at the right time ... The Clippers/Jazz series is probably going to be the best first round series.
My only worry is the lack of continuity with the starting lineup. They basically haven't played together this season. Hill is needed because Exum and Mack certainly will get smoked by Paul. I feel like Hill can at least hang with him. It's definitely a great matchup but we will have no answer for Blake and they have nothing for Hayward.

lakerfan85
04-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Why is Romo wearing a Mavs uniform? I really don't get what the point of this is..

tredigs
04-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Why is Romo wearing a Mavs uniform? I really don't get what the point of this is..

Just a marketing gimmick and a "TY" from Dallas sports to Romo I guess.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2017, 12:54 AM
LeBron best hope Boston goes out early, cuz Game 7 gonna be in Boston at this rate. Cavs better beat the Raptors tomorrow (good luck with that! Their scrubs couldn't even beat the Heat, lol) and hope Boston loses cuz I think Cleveland has the tie-breaker standings advantage. Losing 3 straight ain't a good look for the defending champs.

Vee-Rex
04-12-2017, 10:23 AM
LeBron best hope Boston goes out early, cuz Game 7 gonna be in Boston at this rate. Cavs better beat the Raptors tomorrow (good luck with that! Their scrubs couldn't even beat the Heat, lol) and hope Boston loses cuz I think Cleveland has the tie-breaker standings advantage. Losing 3 straight ain't a good look for the defending champs.

I think it's unlikely a BOS/CLE series goes 7 games. Also, BOS is not a lock to make the ECF.

Raptors will most likely be resting their players and probably want to tank this game - if they had it their way I'm sure they don't wanna face CLE in the 2nd round.

aman_13
04-12-2017, 02:17 PM
I think it's unlikely a BOS/CLE series goes 7 games. Also, BOS is not a lock to make the ECF.

Raptors will most likely be resting their players and probably want to tank this game - if they had it their way I'm sure they don't wanna face CLE in the 2nd round.

They most certainly do not and it sounds like DeMar is out tonight. Ibaka may also rest. It doesn't really matter though, as the Bucks are resting their starters.

WaDe03
04-12-2017, 02:30 PM
You all are talking like it isn't going to be a Bulls vs Cavs ECF.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Raptors will most likely be resting their players and probably want to tank this game - if they had it their way I'm sure they don't wanna face CLE in the 2nd round.I don't know about that. Toronto and Cleveland have history. Lowry's back now, I wouldn't want to hope he stays healthy until the ECF. I'd rather take a shot at the champs, beat them perhaps, and then see what happens with Lowry. Never tank is my motto.

Also, as an extension of what I meant, I think those first two games being in Boston if Celtics hold onto #1 is huge and could put Cleveland in a pickle. We already saw them go down 1-3 against the Warriors and let Raptors force a Game 6.

aman_13
04-12-2017, 04:02 PM
You all are talking like it isn't going to be a Bulls vs Cavs ECF.

Very unlikely.

ewing
04-12-2017, 04:11 PM

I don't think Boston has a chance against Clev. Wash is the team i would be worried about if i was a Clev fan

aman_13
04-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Please Cleveland, come back and win this game.

archdevil84
04-12-2017, 09:17 PM
GO NETS, GO HAWKS!!!!!!!! heat forever baby

archdevil84
04-12-2017, 09:52 PM
why did the nets have to rest all their players man.. they have literally nothing to lose with playing their starters. so lame if miami wins here and dont get in the playoffs

zn23
04-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Damn looks like the Heat are going to miss the playoffs... Too bad, they would have made things more interesting than either the Bulls or Pacers, who will get swept.

zn23
04-12-2017, 10:20 PM
If only the Heat had started better, they would have definitely made it. But the 11-30 start was just too deep of a hole to crawl out of. Still impressive that they went 30-11 the rest of the way.

More-Than-Most
04-12-2017, 10:24 PM
gotta love how ******** the knicks are... win and fall a spot... with magic winning and sixers losing we move up to 4th :)

archdevil84
04-12-2017, 10:34 PM
came so close. those last 3 home losses to the nuggets, blazers and knicks were fatal. stil a tremendous comeback seaason. playoffs wouldve been cool but atleast we reached the .500 mark

Dade County
04-12-2017, 10:40 PM
gotta love how ******** the knicks are... win and fall a spot... with magic winning and sixers losing we move up to 4th :)

Hopefully this is the last year the 76'ers have to be in the lottery. It's insane at this point.

6'ers future is bright.

WaDe03
04-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Damn looks like the Heat are going to miss the playoffs... Too bad, they would have made things more interesting than either the Bulls or Pacers, who will get swept.

They won't get swept.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2017, 11:46 PM
LeBron be like: "We need a [beep] #1 seed."

Now they gotta deal with Pacers again after the George/James duel the other night. Go out losing 4 straight.

zn23
04-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Looking at some of these records of the teams that made the playoffs brings back memories to that year where the Warriors under Don Nelson won like 49 games or something and still missed the playoffs. The Western conference must've been stacked that year.

This year in the West teams are treating getting to the WCF and losing to the Warriors as a badge of honor.

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 12:48 AM
man the 51-31 cavs with a 3.2 differential would be the worst team to win a championship since the 1994-1995 Rockets with a 47-35 record and a 2.4 differential, but that team lost Drexler and Thorpe for 50 games and their other starters lost time to injuries as well. Just some food for thought if you pick the cavs to win the championship.

two other ones
2005-2006 52-30 Heat wtih a 3.9 differential.
2000-2001 lakers with a 56-26 record and a 3.4 differential. which is weird because of how ridiculous they were in the playoffs.

JAZZNC
04-13-2017, 12:49 AM
Well, Jazz win their last two games against the 2 bet teams in the NBA and still don't get HCA....too many injuries but at least still won 51 games. Time to knock the Clips out the playoffs! Just pumped for Jazz playoff basketball, it's been too damn long!

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 12:54 AM
Looking at some of these records of the teams that made the playoffs brings back memories to that year where the Warriors under Don Nelson won like 49 games or something and still missed the playoffs. The Western conference must've been stacked that year.

This year in the West teams are treating getting to the WCF and losing to the Warriors as a badge of honor.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2008.html

warriors won 48 games and missed the playoffs by 2 games.

happened 6 years later as well

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014.html

when the 48-34 suns missed the playoffs by 1 game

dhopisthename
04-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Well, Jazz win their last two games against the 2 bet teams in the NBA and still don't get HCA....too many injuries but at least still won 51 games. Time to knock the Clips out the playoffs! Just pumped for Jazz playoff basketball, it's been too damn long!

you could tell Snyder has zero confidence in the kings when he only played his main guys 20-30 minutes.