PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons

More-Than-Most
04-08-2017, 04:16 AM
Is now 7 feet tall appearently... He grew 2 inches this year... With his body type and size this is pretty insane.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ben-simmons-reportedly-grown-another-two-inches-7-feet-tall-175808592.html

It seems like Ben Simmons grew about another two inches since he’s been here. I told him that the other day, I said, ‘Ben, you look like you’ve grown another two inches since you’ve been here.’ His arms are long, he’s lean, he’s in shape. When I watched him in practice — just in practice — he’s like a baby Magic Johnson. He’s practiced with LeBron — he worked out with LeBron — so LeBron’s probably going to beat him up and make him strong.

Quite frankly he could be a monster.

7 feet tall with that skill set and body type... He was compared to lebron but now seems bigger and stronger... That is a ton of pressure man.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-08-2017, 04:46 AM
He's 7 feet based off of an old man's eye test? Not buying it. Can he get to 7 feet in the next year or so? Wouldn't bet against it, but he's definitely not 7 feet currently as cited in the link.

More-Than-Most
04-08-2017, 04:55 AM
He's 7 feet based off of an old man's eye test? Not buying it. Can he get to 7 feet in the next year or so? Wouldn't bet against it, but he's definitely not 7 feet currently as cited in the link.

did you not see the tweets as well? They asked ben and he confirmed he is 7 feet... The game got the info as well.

Lakers + Giants
04-08-2017, 08:43 AM
So they drafted another center...

Jk,jk

ewing
04-08-2017, 08:50 AM
i wonder if they sit him until he learns to shoot. Its not a bad strategy. there isn't much time for practice during the season and we know the sixers value draft picks. Sam is gone but i wouldn't be shocked if this was part of the Sixers plan.

Hustla23
04-08-2017, 10:57 AM
If the Sixers draft Monk they'll be a nasty and well balanced team.

Simmons
Monk
No idea
Saric
Embid

Scoots
04-08-2017, 11:11 AM
I doesn't really change anything. We still have to see him do it in the NBA.

mikekhelxD
04-08-2017, 10:09 PM
So they drafted another center...

Jk,jk

The injury is spot on then lmao

HandsOnTheWheel
04-09-2017, 01:20 AM
did you not see the tweets as well? They asked ben and he confirmed he is 7 feet... The game got the info as well.

Uh what? The tweets said it's confirmed he's just under 7 ft? Not sure where you're getting that lol.

mrblisterdundee
04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Simmons seems like the physical halfway point between LeBron and Giannis. He shot better in the NCAA than Giannis did in the Greek 2A league, so I'm hopeful he can develop a shot quicker than the Freak. Even if he inherits Giannis' shooting, the 76ers should be set if he displays the same playmaking and defensive versatility.

Scoots
04-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Simmons seems like the physical halfway point between LeBron and Giannis. He shot better in the NCAA than Giannis did in the Greek 2A league, so I'm hopeful he can develop a shot quicker than the Freak. Even if he inherits Giannis' shooting, the 76ers should be set if he displays the same playmaking and defensive versatility.

I don't think he's anywhere near the athlete LeBron or Giannis were at that age, though he thinks the game better than Giannis did then.

One thing is for sure ... it will be interesting to watch.

More-Than-Most
04-11-2017, 11:53 PM
I don't think he's anywhere near the athlete LeBron or Giannis were at that age, though he thinks the game better than Giannis did then.

One thing is for sure ... it will be interesting to watch.

http://www.gettyimages.com/event/lebron-james-named-got-milk-2004-nba-rookie-of-3342776#lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-poses-with-the-got-milk-of-picture-id3458271

I forgot myself how small lebron was his rookie year.... Now look at Ben

http://www.stack.com/a/ben-simmons-claims-he-added-over-30-pounds-of-muscle-during-the-off-season

More-Than-Most
04-11-2017, 11:56 PM
https://cdn5.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/BEN-SIMMONS-2.jpg?x77385

Him with other players... His size is ****ing insane.

DanG
04-12-2017, 05:43 AM
will he suit up for summer league?

ewing
04-12-2017, 06:14 AM
http://www.gettyimages.com/event/lebron-james-named-got-milk-2004-nba-rookie-of-3342776#lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-poses-with-the-got-milk-of-picture-id3458271

I forgot myself how small lebron was his rookie year.... Now look at Ben

http://www.stack.com/a/ben-simmons-claims-he-added-over-30-pounds-of-muscle-during-the-off-season

you're such a homer.

More-Than-Most
04-12-2017, 05:44 PM
huh? How? My opinion of simmons isnt even as high as it should be.... I wanted the safer choice ingram... I love Ingram... Ingram has nowhere close to the potential but he wont bust either which i why i preferred the sixers take ingram the safer choice... Ingram will at least be a good NBA player nomatter what... Watching simmons in the preseason and work out i no longer think he will bust but i worry about the pressure on him... He could very well be the best player in basketball with his size and skill set... His size is amazing.

ewing
04-12-2017, 11:11 PM
huh? How? My opinion of simmons isnt even as high as it should be.... I wanted the safer choice ingram... I love Ingram... Ingram has nowhere close to the potential but he wont bust either which i why i preferred the sixers take ingram the safer choice... Ingram will at least be a good NBA player nomatter what... Watching simmons in the preseason and work out i no longer think he will bust but i worry about the pressure on him... He could very well be the best player in basketball with his size and skill set... His size is amazing.

what's amazing about it. I mean if he was in my office he'd mother ****ing tall but MTM, he's in the NBA

More-Than-Most
04-13-2017, 12:20 AM
what's amazing about it. I mean if he was in my office he'd mother ****ing tall but MTM, he's in the NBA

Lol he is taller than anthony davis... Unlike what your girlfriend tells you daily size does in fact matter... :D

IKnowHoops
04-13-2017, 01:54 AM
He's going to be a stronger Giannis

FlashBolt
04-13-2017, 02:47 AM
if he plays more games than embiid, is that a success?

ewing
04-13-2017, 07:24 AM
He's going to be a stronger Giannis

In China

ewing
04-13-2017, 07:25 AM
Lol he is taller than anthony davis... Unlike what your girlfriend tells you daily size does in fact matter... :D

like i said, he's in the NBA.

Scoots
04-13-2017, 11:54 PM

What about weekly size or monthly size?