PDA

View Full Version : LaVar Ball

Scoots
04-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Will he shut up when his son is in the NBA? I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if NBA teams include LaVar in their scouting reports of Lonzo.

The dumb thing he said this week?

UCLA would have won the title except they had too many white guys.

In UCLAs last game his son scored 10 points with 4 turnovers, Fox the PG opposite his son? 39 points, 1 turnover. I'm not sure it was the white guys who failed to show up.

Hopefully LaVar's son is going to get his dad to shut up when he's a pro.

tp13baby
04-07-2017, 09:19 AM
He is making it really easy to root against his kids.

Their white kids Alford and Leaf were UCLA's top scorer and 3 of the top 6 were white. Leaf, Alford, and Welsh were more important than Ball, Hamilton and Holiday.

Not to mention Fox absolutely dominated Ball that game on both ends. LaVar Ball is honestly a piece of **** at this point after talking about other peoples kids, and how he is a better father then another man.

Lonzo coming out saying he doesn't want to be drafted by anyone other than LA really makes me think this family is all about themselves and egotistic.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 09:39 AM
**** that family.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Thank you Lavar, for giving me someone to root against for at least the next 20 years between all your kids who are also cocky as ****. Your middle son won't get to the NBA and your youngest isn't near as athletic as Lonzo but he may get in.

Big Zo
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
This kid was already highly unlikeable simply by looking like Drake's ******** little brother. His dad has basically buried him, and taken a dump on his grave.

IndyRealist
04-07-2017, 10:09 AM
It's one thing to hype up your own kids for marketing purposes, it's completely across the line to attack his kid's teammates. And racially, nonetheless.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Could you imagine if Leafs dad blamed "the black kids?" Goodness this would be all over the news and people would be calling for his head. So many double standards these days.

ewing
04-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Could you imagine if Leafs dad blamed "the black kids?" Goodness this would be all over the news and people would be calling for his head. So many double standards these days.

that doesn't make sense b/c black people are good at basketball

Scoots
04-07-2017, 10:33 AM

lol

Scoots
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
So, if Ball got drafted by the Jazz I imagine every loss would be Gordon Hayward's fault.

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson talked a little last year that they felt they were called soft and weak by other NBA players because their mothers are white.

So, sports, which is supposed to be, above everything else, a meritocracy turns out to have plenty of racists within it too.

I know teams will take players off of their wish lists in free agency based on "family" issues. I wonder if LaVar keeps this up he will get his kids dropped from any teams draft boards?

Rivera
04-07-2017, 10:42 AM
I actually like Lonzo, he seems humble and seems like hes a good kid. From a far, he seems to have the right attitude and doesnt seem outspoken at all

but this is all a cash grab by Lavar. Hes circumventing the NCAA and profitting off his sons the same way the NCAA is. And I know as long as they are in college all 3 of them Lavar will continue this for the next few years

after all 3 are finally in the league? I could see Lavar calming down due to NBA clubs and his sons getting tired of it

HandsOnTheWheel
04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Nvm.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 10:45 AM

They weren't in that game lol. At least for UCLA.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 10:47 AM
I actually like Lonzo, he seems humble and seems like hes a good kid. From a far, he seems to have the right attitude and doesnt seem outspoken at all

but this is all a cash grab by Lavar. Hes circumventing the NCAA and profitting off his sons the same way the NCAA is. And I know as long as they are in college all 3 of them Lavar will continue this for the next few years

after all 3 are finally in the league? I could see Lavar calming down due to NBA clubs and his sons getting tired of it

The middle son won't make it. You're right though it's all a publicity stunt and the media is eating it up.

Kyben36
04-07-2017, 10:50 AM
The guy is totally insane and is going to cause problems for his sons, likely lowers their draft stock a ton too. Guy needs to just keep his mouth shut.

Kyben36
04-07-2017, 10:52 AM

also, everyone knows black people cant be racist.

mike_noodles
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Except Chris Rock, lol. And if Lonzo isn't half white I'd be shocked. That's the real reason they didn't win and he won't go #1.

But seriously, once I heard the story about the mother, I have given up hope on this family. Money and fame are most important.

Chapin78
04-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Well its another comment made by Lavar Ball to keep him relevant in the news. He needs to say something to continue to market his sons and his brand of clothing. It makes sense because he is either a guy you think is awesome or a guy that you would love to punt in his dirty tooth.

As far as Lonzo saying he would rather get drafted by the Lakers then number 1 that's childish but also been done before by several athletes. If I am a GM of a team I honestly do not want that headache because it would be a circus for a while even though you would get tons of time on ESPN/FS1/Undisputed/First Take/The Herd etc. He is a quality player yes but not a generational can't miss type of talent. If another team drafts him he would come up with something to mess with contracts or distract in the locker room. Then you add Lavar to the mix.

If I am the Lakers I would see how much it means to him to play for the Lakers and I draft him in the 2nd with the #62 pick. That is if some idiot GM wants the attention and circus that he would bring to the franchise.

aman_13
04-07-2017, 12:36 PM
I find myself rooting for Lonzo. He seems like a good kid. I don't undertand why anyone cares about what his dad says, he's already proved he's delusional.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 12:51 PM
If a white person said this the outrage would be worse.

Blacks like LaVar, get away with everything and get all the handouts.

Yet still complain and spew racist sh**t

But ask him if he's being racist and he'll say it's impossible for a melanin skin tone to be racist.

Just ignorant hateful conceited and dumb. I hope Lonzo is a bust.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 12:54 PM
also, everyone knows black people cant be racist.

This.

ewing
04-07-2017, 12:58 PM
are we really going to debate weather black people are better at basketball?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-07-2017, 12:58 PM
If Ball wants Lakers only. It be funny if Lakers lost their pick after lottery drawings. Then what? Ball's Dad gonna demand the Lakers GM to trade a couple young pieces for the rights to Ball? To much drama.

SfgiantsJD3
04-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Thank you Lavar, for giving me someone to root against for at least the next 20 years between all your kids who are also cocky as ****. Your middle son won't get to the NBA and your youngest isn't near as athletic as Lonzo but he may get in.

At least you can look forward to after Lebron retires, the replacement to hate is in the wings

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
LaVar ball is so stupid he doesn't realize the double negative in his primitive level of speech says that you can win a title with 3 white players. The double negatives make the sentence positive. Stupid fool. Dumb ******

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/lavar-ball-lonzo-cant-win-white-guys-comment-ucla-sweet-16-loss

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 01:14 PM

We are because we're much more athletic lol. That's not what I was saying though, the white kids outplayed the black in this game for UCLA and Lavar is blaming it on the white kids.

He should be blaming it on Lonzo being out there looking like he doesn't give a **** whether they win or lose. He played that game with no effort or energy at all, it was embarrassing.

One Nut Kruk
04-07-2017, 01:17 PM
I hate this kid already. And it's his dad's fault. If anybody thinks the dad is awesome, then they are just as big of an idiot as he is.

IndyRealist
04-07-2017, 01:21 PM
If a white person said this the outrage would be worse.

Blacks like LaVar, get away with everything and get all the handouts.

Yet still complain and spew racist sh**t

But ask him if he's being racist and he'll say it's impossible for a melanin skin tone to be racist.

Just ignorant hateful conceited and dumb. I hope Lonzo is a bust.

Not sure how calling out someone for racism by adding your own racist comments helps any.

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Not sure how calling out someone for racism by adding your own racist comments helps any.

Yea, he really got his point across.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 01:34 PM
If you think what I said was racist you haven't dealt with the large sample size of examples of black people who claim they are never and can never be racist. You people are just too dense, I had my IQ checked recently, it's insanely high so I'm not surprised none of you get the main point of my claim. Nothing I said is racist, it's the truth. LaVar ball was racist. Beyond words.

IndyRealist
04-07-2017, 01:36 PM
If you think what I said was racist you haven't dealt with the large sample size of examples of black people who claim they are never and can never be racist and then say it's because they are melanin Demi Gods. You people are just too dense, I had my IQ checked recently, it's insanely high so I'm not surprised none of you get the main point of my claim. Nothing I said is racist, it's the truth. LaVar ball was racist. Beyond words.

Lol.

Vinylman
04-07-2017, 01:38 PM

glad you said it ... I had the same reaction lol

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 01:41 PM

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 01:42 PM
I'm white, I can't be racist.

TrueFan420
04-07-2017, 01:49 PM
So, if Ball got drafted by the Jazz I imagine every loss would be Gordon Hayward's fault.

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson talked a little last year that they felt they were called soft and weak by other NBA players because their mothers are white.

So, sports, which is supposed to be, above everything else, a meritocracy turns out to have plenty of racists within it too.

I know teams will take players off of their wish lists in free agency based on "family" issues. I wonder if LaVar keeps this up he will get his kids dropped from any teams draft boards?

This could be said about the Fab five and their dislike of Grant Hill when he was at Duke.

ewing
04-07-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm white, I can't be racist.

but you suck at basketball

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Lol. According to the racist dad, yes.

sep11ie
04-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Bet he has that high credit score tho

WaDe03
04-07-2017, 02:19 PM
If you think what I said was racist you haven't dealt with the large sample size of examples of black people who claim they are never and can never be racist and then say it's because they are melanin Demi Gods. You people are just too dense, I had my IQ checked recently, it's insanely high so I'm not surprised none of you get the main point of my claim. Nothing I said is racist, it's the truth. LaVar ball was racist. Beyond words.

Haha man you're pumping your own head up talking about your IQ. I guarantee I do more with my knowledge on a daily basis.

One Nut Kruk
04-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Insanely high IQ lmao

Scoots
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM

This is turning fast.

Scoots
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Wow.

maddBat
04-07-2017, 03:06 PM
really hate this guy. i hope nike and adidas dont sign the kid bc of lavar. lavar wanted a billion dollar shoe deal. r u kidding me?!?

Ezekial
04-07-2017, 03:10 PM
I just took this IQ test on BuzzFeed, I scored "insanely high" according to it.

As for Lavar Ball and his more than 50% white child losing because of the even whiter kids on his team, **** that guy he's an ugly dude with ugly kids saying stupid things.

ewing
04-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Lol. According to the racist dad, yes.

no, you suck at basketball

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM
no, you suck at basketball

Now tell me why you idiolize Ewing. A man with no rings!
Hahaha

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Ewing

Very accurate

Quinnsanity
04-07-2017, 04:36 PM
As a fan of a team in the mid-lottery (Knicks), I sort of wonder if I could stand to have Lavar in my life for the next 15 years. Like would it make winning less fun to have to deal with that ****? And does Lonzo's refusal to refuse this nonsense raise any concerns about his character? I'd almost feel better about him as a prospect if he came out and said "my dad is goddamn crazy, ignore what he says."

Saddletramp
04-07-2017, 04:42 PM
This MJNetsIsles guy is a bit, right? Lol either way, I guess.

lakersfan01
04-07-2017, 04:53 PM
His kid has slow foot speed lol he almost single-handedly cost UCLA the win vs Kentucky. I hope the Lakers don't draft him if they even have their pick after the NBA's mysterious lottery drawing behind closed doors.

lakersfan01
04-07-2017, 04:57 PM
really hate this guy. i hope nike and adidas dont sign the kid bc of lavar. lavar wanted a billion dollar shoe deal. r u kidding me?!?

Lavar a big loud mouth racist idiot haha and he's hurting the value of any potential shoe deal. White people please don't buy our shoes lol

GiantsSwaGG
04-07-2017, 05:05 PM
LaVar Ball trying to be the male Kardashian. Don't be surprise if a sex tape leaks where it involves him and a female/male

tredigs
04-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Lavar a big loud mouth racist idiot haha and he's hurting the value of any potential shoe deal. White people please don't buy our shoes lol
Beyond that, is he thinking with rhetoric like this that Lonzo represents the black man? Lavar himself is light skinned and his wife/their mom is a white lady.

The guy is just an idiot, and all of this is going to come back to bite them in a major way.

Jeffy25
04-07-2017, 06:43 PM
He'll disappear if his son doesn't pan out, and either way, Bell will likely be coming off the bench for awhile at least.

Jamiecballer
04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
I love this guy. I really do. I would have killed to have a father like this in my life.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
04-07-2017, 07:02 PM
I dont care what his dad says... I thought his son was the most overrated out of this group... If the sixers have the 5th pick and he is there fine... I wouldnt touch him with a top 3 pick.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 07:38 PM
You're a Nets fan lmao!

Be honest with me, are you a kid and did your parents really brainwash you into believing that Trump nonsense you were spouting off earlier? You really keep dodging the question and I think I know why.

You bandwagon for whatever team Dwayne Wade is on. You're a fraud, you have no soul.

One Nut Kruk
04-07-2017, 07:59 PM

He's insanely insane.

ewing
04-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Now tell me why you idiolize Ewing. A man with no rings!
Hahaha

he's black

Rush
04-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Guys, keep the politics in the politics forum. Please stay on topic.

JAZZNC
04-07-2017, 08:50 PM
He's just a little off and lives to hear himself talk....he also loves to tell you how his ideas do a particular franchise work in a video game...usually has some interesting takes based on his video game analysis lol!

COOLbeans
04-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Why cant americans just get over the made up connotations of "black and "white".

Besides, isnt Lonzo's mom of European heritage? That would make him also of that heritage. This conversation is stupid

C-ross12
04-07-2017, 09:39 PM
lol at people arguing race in here. Lavar doesn't care about race. He cares about saying controversial things to bring attention to his brand. People keep playing into his hands because he says stuff thats controversial. Fact: He sucks at basketball. Fact: people respond emotionally to his bs. If people starting treated him like he deserve; a father to talented kids who has no business speaking basketball in general, things will start balancing out.

ewing
04-07-2017, 10:06 PM
you guys are so smart. i'm a dummy. thanks

Raps18-19 Champ
04-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Send him to the Lakers.

WaDe03
04-08-2017, 02:57 AM
You bandwagon for whatever team Dwayne Wade is on. You're a fraud, you have no soul.

It's got me 3 rings while you have none and the worst record in the league. You're a little kid though so there's no need to argue with you.

Scoots
04-08-2017, 11:29 AM
It's got me 3 rings while you have none and the worst record in the league. You're a little kid though so there's no need to argue with you.

Wade gave you a ring?

WaDe03
04-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Wade gave you a ring?

Yes all 3

WaDe03
04-09-2017, 11:22 AM
So LeBron fans are the only ones allowed to follow a player.

MJNetsIsles
04-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Lebron only fans are even worse and an embarrassment to NBA fans. That's like rooting for the Wizards when Jordan left the Bulls. Not true fans of the sport.

ewing
04-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Lebron only fans are even worse and an embarrassment to NBA fans. That's like rooting for the Wizards when Jordan left the Bulls. Not true fans of the sport.

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
04-09-2017, 11:54 PM

I'm a true fan of the sport and played the sport. It's still a huge part of my life now. I'm definitely a true fan. I would imagine anyone who takes the time out to make an account on a sports forum is a true fan.

Ezekial
04-10-2017, 08:32 AM
You don't and can't claim rings following a players career. That's ********.

You get rings following 1 team and when they win, you can gloat.

You've earned no rings. You're not a Heat or Bulls fan. You're worse than me!

Pick a team. Bandwagoning and then gloating for being a bandwagon is silly.

Actually, we don't get rings as fans, and we certainly never "earn" them

Scoots
04-22-2017, 09:33 PM
He still hasn't learned.

Top Nike exec says he's "worst thing to happen to basketball in the last hundred years."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/20/nike-executive-calls-lavar-ball-the-worst-thing-to-happen-to-basketball-in-the-last-hundred-years/?utm_term=.1b1c94c2eed7

Ball responds that his personal brand "Big-Baller" is going to compete with Nike ... at this point he's certainly hurting his sons careers.

Jamiecballer
04-22-2017, 09:39 PM
well look, lets be honest, regardless of what you think of Ball its a pretty idiotic comment that he was responding to. of all of the things he's said this is honestly the most trivial and meaningless.

FlashBolt
04-22-2017, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if his sons cut him off in the future. He has a "ME ME ME. It's ME" attitude. When he asked for the billion dollar deal, he mentions that he wants the money.. This dude is unreal. Makes it impossible to like Lonzo.

Jamiecballer
04-23-2017, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if his sons cut him off in the future. He has a "ME ME ME. It's ME" attitude. When he asked for the billion dollar deal, he mentions that he wants the money.. This dude is unreal. Makes it impossible to like Lonzo.

i actually don't think its true at all. like him or not everything about this guy is genuine and when he says he's doing well and he's got everything he needs but is going to make sure his sons and future generations are set up, i believe him. i've watched just about every min of every appearance he's had on tv and i don't see any inconsistencies in what he is about.

warfelg
04-23-2017, 02:38 PM
This guy is insane.

I can get behind "hey my kid should go number 1" type stuff. Every parent of a kid that's decent should feel that.

But this picking fights with LeBron, saying his kid is better than Curry, that his brand will be bigger than Nike? It's pure insanity. It's like he wants to be famous more than his kids, and he learned how to do that.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 02:46 PM
LaVar in a sense is scaring teams away from drafting Lonzo but we all know that a team will draft Lonzo but with that comes the baggage that is LaVar

Scoots
04-23-2017, 04:49 PM
well look, lets be honest, regardless of what you think of Ball its a pretty idiotic comment that he was responding to. of all of the things he's said this is honestly the most trivial and meaningless.

Except the shoe companies have HUGE power in the NBA and none more than Nike. If Nike announces to the world that your Son's career is being hurt by your mouth anyone with any sense shuts the hell up.

Scoots
04-23-2017, 04:55 PM
i actually don't think its true at all. like him or not everything about this guy is genuine and when he says he's doing well and he's got everything he needs but is going to make sure his sons and future generations are set up, i believe him. i've watched just about every min of every appearance he's had on tv and i don't see any inconsistencies in what he is about.

He IS consistent ... consistently insane, controlling, and greedy is not a positive though.

warfelg
04-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Except the shoe companies have HUGE power in the NBA and none more than Nike. If Nike announces to the world that your Son's career is being hurt by your mouth anyone with any sense shuts the hell up.

Amen. I can't wait for his son to end up somewhere miserable, he speaks out, and Silver figuratively ***** slaps him.

Scoots
04-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Amen. I can't wait for his son to end up somewhere miserable, he speaks out, and Silver figuratively ***** slaps him.

Unfortunately for us we're not going to get that lucky. There are no "small" teams anymore that are off the radar and we all know he's going to be around the NBA. It would be better if we could get him at a veteran team that woudn't brook any crap from LaVar ... like the Spurs.

Tg11
04-23-2017, 05:50 PM
But if Lonzo goes #1 or #2 he is getting drafted to either Boston, LA or Phoenix

warfelg
04-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately for us we're not going to get that lucky. There are no "small" teams anymore that are off the radar and we all know he's going to be around the NBA. It would be better if we could get him at a veteran team that woudn't brook any crap from LaVar ... like the Spurs.

I'm not talking small team, I mean just crappy mismanaged.

Like Detroit or Orlando or Phoenix.