Done Deal

(5) Hawks (Record 43 & 39)

(6) Bucks (Record 42 & 40)

(7) Pacers (Record 42 & 40)

(8) Bulls (Record 41 & 41)

(9) HEAT (Record 41 & 41)

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Just off the bat, Hawks and Heat have the worst upcoming schedules. IMO, I think Bulls/Pacers/Heat make it but man, Heat better pray Cavs sit out their starters against the Hawks... Even then, I can see Hawks beating Hornets and Pacers. I can't see the Heat winning more than one game in their remaining schedule. I'm guessing Heat miss out on the playoffs. This is going down to the wire and it is absolutely stunning how many options there are. Cavs can determine who doesn't play in the playoffs. Literally.

WaDe03
04-05-2017, 11:31 PM
Bulls will be the 6th seed now that the GOAT is returning Saturday with a vengeance.

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:40 PM
Bulls will be the 6th seed now that the GOAT is returning Saturday with a vengeance.

I'm being honest but they should sit Wade. They are 7-4 without Wade and have a great thing going with Butler. No need to bring in a recovering Wade to ruin it for them RIGHT NOW. It'll hurt their playoff chances if he's taking the ball away from Butler. No doubt Wade shows up in the playoffs and they'll need him for that but with the Bulls having a relatively easy remaining schedule, they shouldn't risk it. It's not just Butler, too. Rondo has been on a tear the past six games.

WaDe03
04-06-2017, 12:09 AM
I'm being honest but they should sit Wade. They are 7-4 without Wade and have a great thing going with Butler. No need to bring in a recovering Wade to ruin it for them RIGHT NOW. It'll hurt their playoff chances if he's taking the ball away from Butler. No doubt Wade shows up in the playoffs and they'll need him for that but with the Bulls having a relatively easy remaining schedule, they shouldn't risk it. It's not just Butler, too. Rondo has been on a tear the past six games.

Butlers best stretch of the season came with Wade playing though and while Rondo may be playing well, he's still a net negative on the court through this stretch. They need Wade to come back and work the rust off before the playoffs so hopefully we can get playoff Wade. As you said, easy schedule so they need to get **** done. Also Jimmys usage with or without Wade are the same. He's been battling a heel injury and ligament damage to his non shooting hand but it looks like the heel has gotten better.

They dropped and embarrassing game to the Knicks last game (how do you sweep the Cavs and get swept by the Knicks) and guys have been saying they want Wade back and how they play better and feel more comfortable with him.

Very small sample size but the last and only full game they played together since Niko started getting majority of the PF minutes:

Rondo: 20-6-6 53%

Wade: 23-5 53%

Butler: 23-6-11-2-2 53%

Niko: 24-11 50%

Also keep in mind this was Rondos first game returning as a starter and Nikos first game after Fred benched him. (Jimmy and Wade made it clear they wanted Rondo and Niko playing before this game)

Dade County
04-06-2017, 12:15 AM
HEAT schedule too tough, Raps & Wiz are fighting for the 3rd & forth seed. If Boston takes another L, I can see Cav's resting the last two games of the season.

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 12:17 AM
doesn't matter. It's not fair to Butler or Rondo since they're both playing very well and can close out this season 4-0, ensuring a playoff spot. Even losing 1 game can bump them out of the playoffs at this point. Adding a player who's been out of the rotation for weeks is never easy -- especially when the Bulls are such a volatile team. If I'm the coach, I'd sit Wade out, try to secure the 7th seed (to avoid the Cavs) or get the 8th seed if the Cavs aren't 1st.. Wade would be able to play a game but he's a damn veteran.. he'll be able to adjust the rust off easily.

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Heat loses the tiebreaker too against Hawks, right? Heat better hope Hawks lose at least 4 of those games, IMO.

Dade County
04-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Heat loses the tiebreaker too against Hawks, right? Heat better hope Hawks lose at least 4 of those games, IMO.

2-2 against them... I say Atl finishes 2-3 in their last 5 games. HEAT need to at least finish 2-2 & hope the Pacers finish up 2-2 as well.

It's not looking good for Miami LoL

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 12:30 AM
2-2 against them... I say Atl finishes 2-3 in their last 5 games. HEAT need to at least finish 2-2 & hope the Pacers finish up 2-2 as well.

It's not looking good for Miami LoL

regardless of playoffs or not, it was actually a very good season for the HEat. nothing to be ashamed of. Closed the season out as a top five team (i think).. gotta see what happens with Bosh so you guys can try and snag a big name.

Dade County
04-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Mod

Thank You

aman_13
04-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah nothing but respect for the Heat. Spo should get some coach of the the yr love. Don't know if he will win but he did a great job.

WaDe03
04-06-2017, 09:40 AM
doesn't matter. It's not fair to Butler or Rondo since they're both playing very well and can close out this season 4-0, ensuring a playoff spot. Even losing 1 game can bump them out of the playoffs at this point. Adding a player who's been out of the rotation for weeks is never easy -- especially when the Bulls are such a volatile team. If I'm the coach, I'd sit Wade out, try to secure the 7th seed (to avoid the Cavs) or get the 8th seed if the Cavs aren't 1st.. Wade would be able to play a game but he's a damn veteran.. he'll be able to adjust the rust off easily.

Not fair to Jimmy and Rondo when they're wanting him to come back? They just got smacked by the terrible Knicks with no Rose Porzingis and Noah. This team constantly loses to the bottom feeders of the league and that's all their remaining schedule is. That's been the story of the season, get swept by the Knicks and wolves, lose games to the Suns Sixers etc. while also having the 2nd best record in the league playing against the top 5 teams in the league. Rondo Butler and everyone else can play the exact same way with Wade as they have the exact same usage either way, when he returns he's taking Zipsers spot and he's garbage.

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Not fair to Jimmy and Rondo when they're wanting him to come back? They just got smacked by the terrible Knicks with no Rose Porzingis and Noah. This team constantly loses to the bottom feeders of the league and that's all their remaining schedule is. That's been the story of the season, get swept by the Knicks and wolves, lose games to the Suns Sixers etc. while also having the 2nd best record in the league playing against the top 5 teams in the league. Rondo Butler and everyone else can play the exact same way with Wade as they have the exact same usage either way, when he returns he's taking Zipsers spot and he's garbage.

dude, what part of they are winning without Wade is difficult to understand?

Dade County
04-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Atl looks like they are going to win too tonight. Pacers & Bulls took care of business.

So of course the Raps are going to be even more motivated against Miami when they play.

WaDe03
04-06-2017, 10:03 PM
dude, what part of they are winning without Wade is difficult to understand?

Well damn by this logic it's unfair to Curry and Klay if Durant comes back. Their best stretch of the season without him. You want to go into the playoffs if you have the option, with or without Wade. That's a pretty easy answer imo. Their wins have been pretty damn ugly too and not against many good teams.

One Nut Kruk
04-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Those guys are lucky the season's not another 40 games...the Nets would be a comin

FlashBolt
04-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Well damn by this logic it's unfair to Curry and Klay if Durant comes back. Their best stretch of the season without him. You want to go into the playoffs if you have the option, with or without Wade. That's a pretty easy answer imo. Their wins have been pretty damn ugly too and not against many good teams.

There's a difference, dude. Warriors clinched the 1st seed already. Bulls are doing very well without Wade lately. They only want to play KD to get KD ready for the playoffs but that's something they can afford to do and because they have so much talent on the team that it almost doesn't matter if KD plays or not. Bulls don't have that. Not every team can practice or get guys into the lineups just because.

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2017, 01:25 AM
The Pacers seem to be catching fire. George is playing like he wants a bigger contract. Lance is capturing some of the magic. Turner continues his gradual ascension toward the big man elite.
Who doesn't want to see George and the Pacers take on James and the Cavaliers? That's about as perfect as Dallas vs. Golden State.

Dade County
04-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Tough loss by Miami

aman_13
04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Huge win for the Heat. The Bulls let one get away.

Dade County
04-10-2017, 09:20 AM
I think tonight decides who's in or out.

archdevil84
04-10-2017, 10:05 AM
hopefully lue says fck it and rests lebron and kyrie. they played in a long overtime game yesterday. miami absolutely needs to win those last 2 in order to stand a slight chance to make it in. our fate is in the pacers (and bulls) hands now

aman_13
04-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Miami catching a break. Cavs resting their big three. Tough break for the Bulls.

Dade County
04-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Bucks have to take the L & HEAT have to of course win. I don't see Pacers or Bulls taking the L tonight.

Sly Guy
04-10-2017, 10:31 PM
I'd really like to see the Heat get in. They've been a good story this season. I can see them sneaking in passed the pacers if the hawks don't have anything to play for in the last game. But realistically, one game out I don't see them making it.

Dade County
04-10-2017, 10:44 PM
I'd really like to see the Heat get in. They've been a good story this season. I can see them sneaking in passed the pacers if the hawks don't have anything to play for in the last game. But realistically, one game out I don't see them making it.

When Miami lost to the Knicks, it was kind of over for them.

But if the Raps win their next game, the Wiz will have nothing to play for; so Miami has a good chance at winning against them. But I don't see the Bulls or Pacers losing their Final game.

Sly Guy
04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
When Miami lost to the Knicks, it was kind of over for them.

But if the Raps win their next game, the Wiz will have nothing to play for; so Miami has a good chance at winning against them. But I don't see the Bulls or Pacers losing their Final game.

we have the tiebreak over the wiz already. They have nothing to play for, they're locked in at #4.

Pacers get atlanta, and atlanta is still playing for #5. Really, could go either way, depending on how bad atlanta wants it. Then again, hawks have been kinda stumbling across the finish line, but that might mean they're trying to use that one last game to right the ship before playoffs. The bulls get the nets, and nets have been playing for ping pong balls all year, so your best bet I think is Indy losing out. Who knows? The way the heat have been playing over the last few months, I think they're the most deserving and would give a cleveland/boston the best first round matchup.

JordansBulls
04-11-2017, 01:08 AM
Miami catching a break. Cavs resting their big three. Tough break for the Bulls.

If the Bulls can't beat the worst team in the league at home on Wednesday they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

JordansBulls
04-11-2017, 01:09 AM
we have the tiebreak over the wiz already. They have nothing to play for, they're locked in at #4.

Pacers get atlanta, and atlanta is still playing for #5. Really, could go either way, depending on how bad atlanta wants it. Then again, hawks have been kinda stumbling across the finish line, but that might mean they're trying to use that one last game to right the ship before playoffs. The bulls get the nets, and nets have been playing for ping pong balls all year, so your best bet I think is Indy losing out. Who knows? The way the heat have been playing over the last few months, I think they're the most deserving and would give a cleveland/boston the best first round matchup.

Bulls are 2-2 vs Boston and 4-0 vs Cleveland.

Dade County
04-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Atl would be coming off of a back to back when they face the Pacers on Wednesday. And they will be playing at Pacers.

So Miami is out, but thats why they play the game. Wiz should be resting their players when they face Miami.

WaDe03
04-11-2017, 10:42 AM
If the Hawks win tonight, which they more than likely will, they will probably rest their guys against the Pacers. The Pacers will win, the Bulls will win, and the Heat will win against a Wizards team resting guys.

7. Pacers
8. Bulls
9. Heat

Stunner
04-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Nets resting everyone.... Wizards starters wanna end Miami season [emoji23]

WaDe03
04-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Wow lol. It was expected though. Do you think Brook would try to do that to his brother? I knew he would throw the game.

FlashBolt
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
I feel bad for Boston. I think Bulls beat them. Their HCA means nothing if they can't play the Cavs so the Cavs don't care.

WaDe03
04-11-2017, 09:20 PM
I feel bad for Boston. I think Bulls beat them. Their HCA means nothing if they can't play the Cavs so the Cavs don't care.

What do you think gives the Bulls the advantage in that series?

I think it will be a good hard fought series but just not sure what type of consistency Jimmy and Wade will get from the role players and Boston is pretty deep.

WaDe03
04-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Atlanta and Milwaukee are resting their guys so it looks like Chicago Boston and the Pacers will for sure win tonight.

Here's your Eastern conference playoffs:

1. Celtics vs 8. Bulls
2. Cavs vs 7. Pacers
3. Raptors vs 6. Bucks
4. Wizards vs 5. Hawks

All of them seem to be pretty fun series.

Dade County
04-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Wow lol. It was expected though. Do you think Brook would try to do that to his brother? I knew he would throw the game.

Thats not it...

When the season ends tonight, the Nets can immediately trade Brook or whoever. That goes for all teams that didn't make the playoffs.

WaDe03
04-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Thats not it...

When the season ends tonight, the Nets can immediately trade Brook or whoever. That goes for all teams that didn't make the playoffs.

So you think they're going to trade him tomorrow lol? Not a chance.

colinskik
04-12-2017, 03:16 PM
I really want to see a CLE/IND matchup in the first round.

TylerSL
04-12-2017, 03:34 PM
It doesn't look good for Miami considering the Nets are resting everyone and Atlanta has no reason not to either, but I'm holding out hope. You get what you earn the NBA but this Heat team deserves it, they really really do. They have risen from the ashes of 11-30 to be sitting at 40-41 and alive on the final night of the season.

The team can only control what goes on at the American Airlines Arena tonight and they have got to go out and play their hearts out one more time. Whatever happens is going to happen and we will leave it all out on the court tonight. Of all years I've been a fan of this franchise, this is probably one my five favorite teams because of bad they want to win and how hard they play. If Miami's season isn't over tonight it will be one of the greatest stories in modern NBA history. Who can't root for that?

FlashBolt
04-12-2017, 05:27 PM
It doesn't look good for Miami considering the Nets are resting everyone and Atlanta has no reason not to either, but I'm holding out hope. You get what you earn the NBA but this Heat team deserves it, they really really do. They have risen from the ashes of 11-30 to be sitting at 40-41 and alive on the final night of the season.

The team can only control what goes on at the American Airlines Arena tonight and they have got to go out and play their hearts out one more time. Whatever happens is going to happen and we will leave it all out on the court tonight. Of all years I've been a fan of this franchise, this is probably one my five favorite teams because of bad they want to win and how hard they play. If Miami's season isn't over tonight it will be one of the greatest stories in modern NBA history. Who can't root for that?

how will it be one of the greatest stories? It was definitely a shocker but think about it this way: They started 11-30. Maybe they just underachieved up until then?

Dade County
04-12-2017, 05:31 PM
So you think they're going to trade him tomorrow lol? Not a chance.

They are sitting down to protect them from maybe an injury. Come on man.

Dade County
04-12-2017, 05:35 PM
how will it be one of the greatest stories? It was definitely a shocker but think about it this way: They started 11-30. Maybe they just underachieved up until then?

11-30 to 30-11...

This will be a sailing point to free agents. HEAT will just say that we had to deal with injuries...etc

But when we got right, we finished 30-11, imagine if we had you on the roster. In the East, Lbj gets another year older...etc LoL

Dade County
04-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Done Deal

TylerSL
04-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Well they have the most wins all time for a team who was 19 games under .500. They are the only team in NBA history to finish the season .500 after being 13 games under .500, let alone 19. They tied with the Spurs for second most wins in the league, and most in the Eastern Conference, since January 17th (30). That's a lot of history to be making.

I realize being 11-30 is a big hole, but lets not minimize what just happened here. Push comes to shove the Heat are the best of the three teams, they just needed one more thing to happen. They will be back next year.

TylerSL
04-12-2017, 10:46 PM

The Bulls are not beating the Celtics.

RowBTrice
04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
1. Celtics vs 8. Bulls
2. Cavs vs 7. Pacers
3. Raptors vs 6. Bucks
4. Wizards vs 5. Hawks

Not seeing any upsets in the first round.

and LOL Miami!

Big Zo
04-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Sucks we won't be in the playoffs this year. Feels like we got screwed with the Waiters injury, and obviously the Bosh situation. Would have put up a hell of a fight against whoever they faced, but alas, can't be losing to crappy teams like Knicks and Magic and expect to get in.

heat3X
04-13-2017, 11:07 PM
The heat put themselves in a big hole and blew some bad games they should have won down the stretch because they couldnt score late in games with the Waiters injury, but ive never been prouder to be a heat fan. I was in favor of tanking at 11-30 but the passion and heart those guys played with to get back to .500 was incredible, and that is with a guy who is making like 30% of our payroll and is a future hall of famer who was expected to play being unable to play because of his blood clots.

the heat still have a great future with solid building blocks and a ton of cap space this summer, and the players around the league took notice of what the heat did this year.