PDA

View Full Version : LeBron vs IT

ewing
04-05-2017, 03:53 PM
We have the two best players in the league going at it for home court tonight? Who you got? By how much? Why? Does the winner windup with the one seed? Does it effect the the playoffs? (Thought this one deserved its own thread)

WaDe03
04-05-2017, 04:15 PM
lol there's no way you believe Thomas is a top 2 player in the league.

ewing
04-05-2017, 04:21 PM

the guy is averaging 30 a game and is the only star on the top team in the East. You want to say someone else and put IT at 3 or 4 or whatever fine. I like east coast basketball

Green_Monster
04-05-2017, 04:26 PM

He's not top two but he's very good.

He averages 29.1 PPG on .626 TS%. That goes along with a 26.6 PER and .239 WS/48. Obviously that's only a couple stats and he's not a good defender, but overall he's a very good player. Without him the Celtics would probably be fighting for a playoff spot because no one else can create their own shot consistently.

ewing
04-05-2017, 04:29 PM
He's not top two but he's very good.

He averages 29.1 PPG on .626 TS%. That goes along with a 26.6 PER and .239 WS/48. Obviously that's only a couple stats and he's not a good defender, but overall he's a very good player. Without him the Celtics would probably be fighting for a playoff spot because no one else can create their own shot consistently.

Don't let the haters drag you too there level. IT is right there. Lets go green!

europagnpilgrim
04-05-2017, 04:36 PM
I will root for the underdog to come out on top, IT

If anybody comes out of the East outside of the Cavs I would be pulling for IT to do it with Wall/Wizards right behind

David vs Goliath, new age version of Iverson vs. Shaq but within the same conference

WaDe03
04-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Don't let the haters drag you too there level. IT is right there. Lets go green!

Not hating at all. He's a really good player, he's around 12-15 though not 2nd.

PowerHouse
04-05-2017, 04:48 PM
He aint bad for a last pick of the draft.

ewing
04-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Not hating at all. He's a really good player, he's around 12-15 though not 2nd.

i don't know where we meet in the middle on that one :)

Vee-Rex
04-05-2017, 05:27 PM
IT is a great player. Top 20 for sure, arguably top 15. I'll give him that.

But no way is he top 5, and I'd argue against top 10 but I wouldn't go to war over it.

Anyway, IT must prove he can perform outside the regular season because his playoff performances have been muuuuch worse. Average/slightly-above average player in the postseason because he doesn't handle blitzing defenses and rougher contact all that well. We'll see what he does this year.

tredigs
04-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Celtics should win. They're at home and rested playing a Cavs team on a b2b without TT (longest consecutive games played streak in the NBA comes to an end). Celtics are also just the better team in general the past few months.

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 05:48 PM
i don't think this game matters as much as people are trying to make it seem. It's a rather boring reg season so maybe this storyline is more intriguing than it should be. worthy to note that Cavs are looking healthier than they have been at any point of the season. They need to fix their defense. I can see Celtics winning this if Cavs start falling asleep again.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Celtics should win... I doubt bron really cares about this game like the celtics should... I doubt Home court even matters to the cavs in all honesty... The celtics are at home with all the stress and are going to come out like its a final game where is lebron knows the real season starts in 2 weeks. Either way you slice it these 2 teams will have to play 2 of the wizards/celtics/cavs/raptors nomatter what so its not a big deal really.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2017, 06:20 PM
IT I would have around the 18-22 range.

mrblisterdundee
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
i don't think this game matters as much as people are trying to make it seem. It's a rather boring reg season so maybe this storyline is more intriguing than it should be. worthy to note that Cavs are looking healthier than they have been at any point of the season. They need to fix their defense. I can see Celtics winning this if Cavs start falling asleep again.

It's mostly intriguing because they have identical records. Ironically, the seventh and eighth seeds (Indiana and Chicago) also have identical records.
I expect the Cavaliers to win. James will go into Godzilla mode and steamroll all those little perimeter defenders.

ewing
04-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Celtics should win... I doubt bron really cares about this game like the celtics should... I doubt Home court even matters to the cavs in all honesty... The celtics are at home with all the stress and are going to come out like its a final game where is lebron knows the real season starts in 2 weeks. Either way you slice it these 2 teams will have to play 2 of the wizards/celtics/cavs/raptors nomatter what so its not a big deal really.

If the Celtics beat them in the playoffs too will it be b/c he doesn't care, is tried, or b/c of his teammates? Some carbonation? :)

ewing
04-05-2017, 06:30 PM
IT is a great player. Top 20 for sure, arguably top 15. I'll give him that.

But no way is he top 5, and I'd argue against top 10 but I wouldn't go to war over it.

Anyway, IT must prove he can perform outside the regular season because his playoff performances have been muuuuch worse. Average/slightly-above average player in the postseason because he doesn't handle blitzing defenses and rougher contact all that well. We'll see what he does this year.

I think his playoff struggles have more to do with being ask to do too much lifting. The Celts really haven't had any other play makers and in a 7 game series with all eyes on IT its a big ask. Even now i think they are asking too much of him. A PG would do that team a hell of a lot of good IMO. Dude can score. I don't context really changes that. Sample size and circumstance are more valid explanations IMO

More-Than-Most
04-05-2017, 06:35 PM
If the Celtics beat them in the playoffs too will it be b/c he doesn't care, is tried, or b/c of his teammates? Some carbonation? :)

I think they might.... I think they could... I didnt think the cavs were that good last year and thought several healthy teams would end them... This year I think they are right there with the celtics if we are being honest... I like defense and though IT is defensively trash the celtics as a unit are better compared to the cavs... The cavs were saved by god mode lebron last year in the playoffs... He is 1 year older... I just cant see him continuing that level of play and they will need it with the east being good.

Green_Monster
04-05-2017, 06:55 PM

The Celtics play every game like it's a final game. That's their team mentality. The scrappy, we want it more than you, "been underrated our whole career" guys.

It's mostly intriguing because they have identical records. Ironically, the seventh and eighth seeds (Indiana and Chicago) also have identical records.
I expect the Cavaliers to win. James will go into Godzilla mode and steamroll all those little perimeter defenders.

Crowder isn't little lol. He'll spend a lot of time guarding James.

ewing
04-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Good first quarter. Cavs came looking to take IT away and gave up open Js to do it but just doesn't have much fire power. IT still gets 12 forcing the issue bit. Clev couldn't score but really hit the offensive glass. With that youd think that Boston would get some transition but nothing. Not sure if that is on IT but he should be pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
04-05-2017, 08:49 PM
LeBron bullying the celts 2nd unit

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 08:50 PM
lol..

ewing
04-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Man the Celtics are shooting jump shots with an island of room and can't hit any

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 08:56 PM
lebron takes a rest.. can see this lead dwindle.

ewing
04-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Hope the Celtics score double digits this quarter

ewing
04-05-2017, 09:00 PM
lebron takes a rest.. can see this lead dwindle.

You mean bc Thomas and Crowder entered the game

ewing
04-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Wow gotta lay off James more. He is just over powering everyone but crowder

ewing
04-05-2017, 09:18 PM
James with low IQ play to end the half

ewing
04-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Man you guys see that commercial where everyone is wearing Warriors gear and then the guy in Cavs gear gets to the bar and everybody is like can I give you a handjob?

ewing
04-05-2017, 09:46 PM
This is why I don't trust Boston they need another guy that is a legit shooter and play maker. George is the best fit. These guys just aren't shot makers. Lot of quality players but no shot makers.

tredigs
04-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Both teams showed their true colors in afraid. Celts opted for the long route and its showing. Should have dominated tonight's game but were crushed.

cmellofan15
04-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Great battle between two contenders tonight. Celtics offense really getting it going at home against a bottom tier defense!

cmellofan15
04-05-2017, 09:58 PM
This is why I don't trust Boston they need another guy that is a legit shooter and play maker. George is the best fit. These guys just aren't shot makers. Lot of quality players but no shot makers.

Yeah but a top two player in the league tho

ewing
04-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Yeah but a top two player in the league tho

IT tried to kept his team in it. I think they are shooting 9% without him and Bron has been very good.

ewing
04-05-2017, 10:03 PM
Both teams showed their true colors in afraid. Celts opted for the long route and its showing. Should have dominated tonight's game but were crushed.

what do you mean?

Vee-Rex
04-05-2017, 10:10 PM
I like IT... I really do, but he relies on the whistle too much. He is having an incredible offensive year but it doesn't translate well to the playoff style ball.

tredigs
04-05-2017, 10:17 PM
what do you mean?
Keeping picks rather than going for it now with PG/Jimmy/DMC, etc etc at the deadline.

JordansBulls
04-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Celtics aren't that good. You can't depend on a 5'9" player to be your best player to go all the way or to beat a top 5 player all time in Lebron that is a proven champion and has won a title for an organization that never won before.

ewing
04-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Keeping picks rather than going for it now with PG/Jimmy/DMC, etc etc at the deadline.

For this year i definitely agree. we'll see how it works out long term. this is why i think they will lose in the playoffs. They have one guy that can make plays and everyone else not only cant make plays for themsevles but needs to be on an island to hit a jump shot. They hit a lot of 3s this years but for them it is fool's gold b/c i don't think these guys are reliable shooters and unreliable shooter miss when the heat is on.

ewing
04-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I like IT... I really do, but he relies on the whistle too much. He is having an incredible offensive year but it doesn't translate well to the playoff style ball.

i don't think that is true at all. All great play off scorers get to the line and he has clear shot making ability. At 5'8 he shouldn't be asked to make every play on the floor.

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:00 PM
i don't think that is true at all. All great play off scorers get to the line and he has clear shot making ability. At 5'8 he shouldn't be asked to make every play on the floor.

Dude, you do realize he plays PG, right? Who are you expecting to make the plays? It's why an undersized PG is not expected to be able to carry a team. Isaiah just doesn't have the "other" factors that contribute to winning a championship or to lead a team. I hope they don't make a mistake of signing Isaiah to a long-term deal instead of on a better PG because I don't think he's capable of leading a team. His defense is terrible, he relies too much on calls (probably the biggest crybaby seeking for fouls), and his playmaking ability for teammates is just average. His shot making ability is great but his size makes is going to be a problem when you have a guy like Kawhi or LeBron (who will most certainly guard him if he has to) are focused on stopping you.

ewing
04-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Dude, you do realize he plays PG, right? Who are you expecting to make the plays? It's why an undersized PG is not expected to be able to carry a team. Isaiah just doesn't have the "other" factors that contribute to winning a championship or to lead a team. I hope they don't make a mistake of signing Isaiah to a long-term deal instead of on a better PG because I don't think he's capable of leading a team. His defense is terrible, he relies too much on calls (probably the biggest crybaby seeking for fouls), and his playmaking ability for teammates is just average. His shot making ability is great but his size makes is going to be a problem when you have a guy like Kawhi or LeBron (who will most certainly guard him if he has to) are focused on stopping you.

IDK he could have a teammate that could make a play for himself. He could have two All NBA talents that can go get a bucket on there own, like LeBron does. maybe some knock down shooters to kick it too. He doesn't.

mrblisterdundee
04-05-2017, 11:12 PM
The Celtics play every game like it's a final game. That's their team mentality. The scrappy, we want it more than you, "been underrated our whole career" guys.
Crowder isn't little lol. He'll spend a lot of time guarding James.

And he got steamrolled, because he's only 6'6" and 235. That's not as bad as Bazemore, but Boston's guards and wings are collectively too small. I would start Crowder at shooting guard and Brown at small forward.
Now the Celtics don't give up size at every back court and wing position. Bradley is a great two-way player and a nice trade chip, but he's too small to start next to Thomas. Maybe the problem will solve itself when the Celtics get a top draft pick, grab Ball or Fultz and don't re-sign Thomas.

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:23 PM
IDK he could have a teammate that could make a play for himself. He could have two All NBA talents that can go get a bucket on there own, like LeBron does. maybe some knock down shooters to kick it too. He doesn't.

Stop, dude. You keep trying to discredit LeBron that it's a troll tactic at this point. Isaiah is a great offensive scorer but he has many holes in his game. That's just the fact. Celtics are actually the fourth best shooting team in the league.. so you are underrating their ability to shoot the ball. And who do you think can make a play for the Cavs outside of LeBron/Kyrie? Kevin Love can score here and there but he's not someone you can give the ball to and he'll score on every possession. The fact the Cavs had to play Kay Felder and DeAndre Ligging at PG just shows you how deep they really needed playmakers. And FYI, when Love+J.R. were out, who were the amazing playmakers in the Cavs outside of LeBron/Kyrie?

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:26 PM
And he got steamrolled, because he's only 6'6" and 235. I thing he would be better-used at shooting guard. He's already one of the team's best three-point shooters. Then start Brown at small forward.
Now the Celtics don't give up size at every back court and wing position. Bradley is a great two-way player and a nice trade chip, but he's too small to start next to Thomas. Maybe the problem will solve itself when the Celtics get a top draft pick and draft Ball or Fultz.

That's a terrible idea. Celtics just don't have a player who can guard LeBron. Bradley is too small, Crowder is slow, Jaylen Brown is way too young and doesn't have the "man-strength" just yet. It is what it is but the Celtics played it safe knowing full well that they probably aren't beating LeBron this season. They could have easily made some requests for Butler/PG, IMO.

mrblisterdundee
04-05-2017, 11:29 PM
That's a terrible idea. Celtics just don't have a player who can guard LeBron. Bradley is too small, Crowder is slow, Jaylen Brown is way too young and doesn't have the "man-strength" just yet. It is what it is but the Celtics played it safe knowing full well that they probably aren't beating LeBron this season. They could have easily made some requests for Butler/PG, IMO.

George would be awesome. I'd play him at small forward, and move Crowder down to shooting guard. Bradley gets Boston some value back, and they still have Smart to defend either position in the back court. But I wouldn't re-sign both Thomas and Bradley. They'll overpay for too small a back court.

FlashBolt
04-05-2017, 11:36 PM
George would be awesome. I'd play him at small forward, and move Crowder down to shooting guard. Bradley gets Boston some value back, and they still have Smart to defend either position in the back court. But I wouldn't re-sign both Thomas and Bradley. They'll overpay for too small a back court.

They made a mistake signing Horford. He's on the downside of his career and he's a huge underperformer in big games. His rebounding ability is borderline horrific for someone who plays C. Boston is one of the worst rebounding team. Their lack of scoring in the paint outside of Thomas needs to be fixed. They should have sent Horford and Bradley out the door for PG and Turner.

More-Than-Most
04-05-2017, 11:48 PM

well to be fair imagine trying to guard or double lebron while having a guy like IT who is the worst defender in basketball... Kyrie would end him... I figured they would win this because I didnt think lebron would care as much and I am not a fan of the cavs defense compared to the celtics... Its just 1 game so Meh.

basch152
04-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Lol this mother****er just said IT is the 2nd best player in the NBA 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dude is barely a top 5 PG.

krazylegz
04-06-2017, 12:09 AM
HEY EWING....who won tonight??...missed the game

FlashBolt
04-06-2017, 12:13 AM
it's funny that the same people saying Cavs are terrible defensively and may lose before getting to the finals are the same ones saying LeBron played in the weak east.. which one is it?

IKnowHoops
04-06-2017, 02:00 AM
If the Celtics beat them its b/c he doesn't dress. :)

Fixed

IKnowHoops
04-06-2017, 02:13 AM
Nobody in the league can guard Lebron. Kawhai is the only person that can give Lebron problems and Doesn't Bron average like 28/8/8 against him on like 51%. LOL. Nobody is stopping or guarding Lebron. Especially when in playoff mode. Its a joke to think about who is going to guard Lebron. Nobody. To strong, to big to fast. It impossible. And his jumper is getting better and better. So is his ability to navigate around players on a break or when driving to the hoop without charging through them. He has picked up a few nuances to his game this year, it has made him more efficient and I think we are in for another epic playoff performance/run by him again this year. He's looking very very good.

IKnowHoops
04-06-2017, 02:16 AM

Would love to see the Cavs go hard at Paul George. If he is available, that is a pickup that would lock down a seriously long run at the finals. They could make it every year PG is in his prime. Bron could be 37 playing with a 28 and 29 year old Kyrie and Pual George in there prime and he still might be the best player on the team then and they would be ready to win. Id go after George hard if I am Cleveland. Him and George are boys too so I think they both would love to make it happen.

IKnowHoops
04-06-2017, 02:18 AM
Lol this mother****er just said IT is the 2nd best player in the NBA 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dude is barely a top 5 PG.

LOL. Since I agree with this, especially the tone.:cheers:

ewing
04-06-2017, 03:18 AM
Stop, dude. You keep trying to discredit LeBron that it's a troll tactic at this point. Isaiah is a great offensive scorer but he has many holes in his game. That's just the fact. Celtics are actually the fourth best shooting team in the league.. so you are underrating their ability to shoot the ball. And who do you think can make a play for the Cavs outside of LeBron/Kyrie? Kevin Love can score here and there but he's not someone you can give the ball to and he'll score on every possession. The fact the Cavs had to play Kay Felder and DeAndre Ligging at PG just shows you how deep they really needed playmakers. And FYI, when Love+J.R. were out, who were the amazing playmakers in the Cavs outside of LeBron/Kyrie?

sounds like they have more then one guy that can make a play for themselves. Bron, Irving, Love, i didn't mention JR but you are right he can be a very good one on one player. that's not a dis on Bron its just a fact.

mrblisterdundee
04-06-2017, 11:45 AM
They made a mistake signing Horford. He's on the downside of his career and he's a huge underperformer in big games. His rebounding ability is borderline horrific for someone who plays C. Boston is one of the worst rebounding team. Their lack of scoring in the paint outside of Thomas needs to be fixed. They should have sent Horford and Bradley out the door for PG and Turner.

Why would the Pacers trade George and Turner for Horford and Bradley, unless Boston's including the Nets pick and another? Both Turner and George are better than any player on the Celtics not named Thomas, and Turner could soon be more valuable than Thomas.
Horford's issue is that he's better-suited as a power forward, just like he was in Atlanta. He can be part of the core on a contender, but the Celtics need a rim protector next to him. That's why I thought they should have gone for Whiteside or Noel, who they totally **** the pot on by not trying to trump Dallas' offer.

Vee-Rex
04-06-2017, 11:53 AM
I don't think anyone had a real shot at getting Paul George, but I do think the Celtics could've pulled the trigger on Butler. IIRC, Chicago wanted the 2017 BRK pick + Bradley or Brown + Crowder. It's still not too late and BOS has a bright future, but they gotta make some moves in the offseason or they're gonna waste all these draft picks on rebuilding and possibly with guys that won't become all-stars, let alone superstars.

Vee-Rex
04-06-2017, 11:55 AM
sounds like they have more then one guy that can make a play for themselves. Bron, Irving, Love, i didn't mention JR but you are right he can be a very good one on one player. that's not a dis on Bron its just a fact.

JR was sorely missed, man. Just watching him bring the ball up the court, watching him drive to the rim and get assists, and watching him defend the perimeter so well made me realize how much we need him.

Yeah he can be a bonehead sometimes but you take the bad with the good.

Green_Monster
04-06-2017, 01:49 PM
I don't think anyone had a real shot at getting Paul George, but I do think the Celtics could've pulled the trigger on Butler. IIRC, Chicago wanted the 2017 BRK pick + Bradley or Brown + Crowder. It's still not too late and BOS has a bright future, but they gotta make some moves in the offseason or they're gonna waste all these draft picks on rebuilding and possibly with guys that won't become all-stars, let alone superstars.

That would be a very bad trade for Boston.

Not to mention, Ainge was a genius for not making a move. Now instead of only getting one star, he can use cap space to sign one, then make a trade, and possibly come out of it with TWO stars.

krazylegz
04-06-2017, 04:02 PM

was thinking the same exact thing watching the game last night...seemed like olynk was a more substantial playmaker last season as well.....

mngopher35
04-06-2017, 05:09 PM
I thought Celtics would be a lot more prepared/focused on this game than Cle but it didn't seem that way. I think Cleveland makes it out of the east either way though