PDA

View Full Version : Lonzo Ball Possibly Playing along Side Devin Booker

Dade County
04-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Am I the only one thinking that the Suns will be given :), I mean get the number one pick in this upcoming draft.

This reminds me a little of GS, when they had Curry, then drafted Klay; but in this scenario the Suns have their star SG & will draft a pg that will compliment him.

Seriously, just give Booker & Ball 2yrs with each other & they'll be running teams out the gym. Also if they can find another player that last name starts with a B, maybe they can find a creative way to incorporate that with the Balls clothing line LOL BIG BALLER BRAND

Lakers + Giants
04-05-2017, 12:22 AM
I think Fultz and Booker would be even nastier.

Dade County
04-05-2017, 12:09 PM
I think Fultz and Booker would be even nastier.

Maybe...

I am also thinking Ball on the 6'ers would be awesome in the long run also.

LA4life24/8
04-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Fine w me. Give my lakers josh jackson at #3 and watch in a few years ingram and jj lockin dudes down on the wing

tp13baby
04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Maybe...

Maybe I am crazy but Ball surrounded with the core of Embiid, Saric, Simmons, TLC, Justin Anderson, Okafor, Embiid is the only player shooting over 32 percent from outside. His pick and roll offense I question coming off screens to his right because shooting he brings the ball back to his left. Personally think guys like Fultz, Dennis Smith, or a guard like Monk would be a better fit.

Ball I think is a better pairing with the Lakers or Phoenix just because they have better off ball shooters. Both teams are pretty heavy in guards though.

Dade County
04-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Maybe I am crazy but Ball surrounded with the core of Embiid, Saric, Simmons, TLC, Justin Anderson, Okafor, Embiid is the only player shooting over 32 percent from outside. His pick and roll offense I question coming off screens to his right because shooting he brings the ball back to his left. Personally think guys like Fultz, Dennis Smith, or a guard like Monk would be a better fit.

Ball I think is a better pairing with the Lakers or Phoenix just because they have better off ball shooters. Both teams are pretty heavy in guards though.

The thing is, Ball is a playmaker first, I really think him and Ben Simmons pass first mentality could make the 6'ers really dangerous in about 2yrs.

But I would rather Ball with the Suns, that helps that franchise out and put 2 dynamic shooters together. But those are the two teams I would like to see Ball get drafted too.

pacofunk64
04-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Is Lonzo Ball's awkward looking shot going to work in the NBA? I know he has other skills that will translate over well into the NBA but damn I was not expecting that kind of looking shot.

KnicksorBust
04-05-2017, 03:03 PM

I picked 76ers but now you have me questioning my pick. My gut instinct was just to pick a team that most needed a true play-maker and had a big man. Boom, Sixers are terrible at the guard spots and have Embiid. But I forgot about Simmons. Plus I do agree Lonzo is going to need shooters around him. He's more Westbrook than Lillard/Curry. We'll see.

Is Ball the safest pick? I was surprised to see Jackson ahead of him in mocks. Fultz seems like a safe bet to be a star.

TheDish87
04-05-2017, 03:14 PM
they dont need #1 to get Ball. He very well could go anywhere between 1-5. Assuming the Suns can move Bledsoe though Ball would be a good fit.

TheDish87
04-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Maybe...

no thanks. bad fit.

Dade County
04-05-2017, 03:52 PM
I do agree that the 6'ers should add more shooting, but I just don't understand how some of you are not seeing how Simmons & Ball can total make plays for their teammates.

Just by one of them being on the court and willingness to pass the ball; and loving making plays. That energizes a team and draws free agents to your organization. Not saying this will happen right away, but in 2yrs for sure.

Well anyway, I see Ball in a Suns jersey, that would be great for their organization and fanbase.

TheDish87
04-05-2017, 03:59 PM
we have Embiid to draw free agents (not arguing about his healthy, just saying on pure talent). guys like Jackson, Tatum, Smith Jr, Fultz, Monk are way better fits than Ball. Simmons/Ball both need the ball to be effective and leave less room for floor spacers and more crowding for Embiid in the paint.

WaDe03
04-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Ball is so overhyped lol. Y'all eat that **** up too. He's a good player but claiming he'll be running NBA teams out of the gym in 2 years is absurd.

Bruno
04-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Fine w me. Give my lakers josh jackson at #3 and watch in a few years ingram and jj lockin dudes down on the wing

thoughts crossed my mind too. LALs own potential version of what George/Kawhi should have been.

i also think Fultz would be better next to Booker than Ball. Booker is ball dominant.

Yanks All Day
04-06-2017, 09:05 AM
The Suns would be making a bad move drafting Lonzo Ball if they're serious about contending. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but their biggest need is at small forward, not point guard. People are seriously underrating Eric Bledsoe. He's a 27 year old point guard who can give you 21 points and 7 assists per game. They have a point guard! What they need is a SF who is going to be able to score and defend at the NBA level, because wing players make the real difference in the NBA nowadays.

PG: Bledsoe
SG: Booker
SF: Tatum/Jackson
PF: Dudley
C: Chandler

Take Jayson Tatum or Josh Jackson and compete immediately. If you take Ball, you're moving on from Bledsoe. So you're installing a new, rookie PG to compete against San Antonio, Golden State, Houston, Clippers, etc. while still not having a serviceable SF to match up with the likes of Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard.

I get the thought of Ball and Booker is enticing, but logistically it makes no sense. You're left with 1 great guard (Booker), 1 potentially great guard (Ball), no small forward, a journeyman PF at best (Dudley), and a defensive center (Chandler). That team is getting run out of the gym, not the other way around. Instead, go for an experienced PG, super talented SG, NBA ready SF, needed upgrade at PF, and that same defensive C. It's just a more well-rounded team that can actually compete.

dpospish
04-06-2017, 09:55 AM
The Suns would be making a bad move drafting Lonzo Ball if they're serious about contending. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but their biggest need is at small forward, not point guard. People are seriously underrating Eric Bledsoe. He's a 27 year old point guard who can give you 21 points and 7 assists per game. They have a point guard! What they need is a SF who is going to be able to score and defend at the NBA level, because wing players make the real difference in the NBA nowadays.

Take Jayson Tatum or Josh Jackson and compete immediately. If you take Ball, you're moving on from Bledsoe. So you're installing a new, rookie PG to compete against San Antonio, Golden State, Houston, Clippers, etc. while still not having a serviceable SF to match up with the likes of Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard.

I get the thought of Ball and Booker is enticing, but logistically it makes no sense. You're left with 1 great guard (Booker), 1 potentially great guard (Ball), no small forward, a journeyman PF at best (Dudley), and a defensive center (Chandler). That team is getting run out of the gym, not the other way around. Instead, go for an experienced PG, super talented SG, NBA ready SF, needed upgrade at PF, and that same defensive C. It's just a more well-rounded team that can actually compete.

I think you forgot about TJ Warren

TheDish87
04-06-2017, 11:12 AM
the suns arent competing next year regardless. I also imagine chriss starts at the PF next season.

tp13baby
04-06-2017, 12:13 PM

TJ Warren is an NBA starter in this league at the 3. Booker obviously. 2 high potential PF's in Chriss and Bender. Chandler and Len at the 5. Jackson would be very nice for them. So would Ball. But Phoenix is so far behind right now in the rebuild stage compared to most of the West, you could see them with a top 5 pick for 3 more years.

Mave1002
04-07-2017, 02:12 AM

Everything works out well and next year you get

DMC/Zubac
Randle/LNJ
Jackson
Ingram/Clarkson
Russell/Ennis

Mave1002
04-07-2017, 02:13 AM
A top 3 pick and a superstar away from contention :D

TheDish87
04-07-2017, 10:57 AM
yup Cousins is gonna walk away fro m Holiday and AD and an extra year on his deal to play with the 2nd worst team in the league

GiantsSwaGG
04-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Bledsoe has glass knees...

Draft Ball or Fultz

Trade Bledsoe for a 1st

And call it a day

Jets012
04-07-2017, 10:30 PM
He needs to be surrounded by 3 point shooters. Minnesota would be interesting if they could add some consistent three point guys and if they ship Rubio.

Ball/Towns would be very nice.

mightybosstone
04-08-2017, 08:40 AM
The best fit for any rookie, honestly, is probably to go to the franchise that is run the best, and the Suns definitely are not that. From a personnel standpoint, I think one of these elite young point guards next to Booker would be an ideal fit. But even with Fulltz or Ball, that Suns team would be a very, very long way from contending.

That being said, of the teams OP listed, Boston is really the only competently run squad in the bunch right now, so the Suns probably wouldn't be the worst case scenario for the guy. Long-term, though, I think LA and Philly are both a little more likely to be competently run franchises, so I'd probably put the Suns somewhere around 3rd or 4th on that list.

smith&wesson
04-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Whos to say Ball won't bust? Let's see how his game translates to the big leagues.

There was a time when MCW was suppose to be the next big PG.. pffft

smith&wesson
04-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Much prefer to see Booker playing along side a current young star like Davis or something ...

PhillyFaninLA
04-08-2017, 01:45 PM
If we get Ball at 4 then great its value, if we get him at 1 or 2 then its not the right choice for us.

Here is what I want in the lottery, the Kings and Sixers get top 3, the Nets are top 3, so the Sixers get a top 3 pick and pick 4 this year and we get Josh Jackson with either our pick or the Kings (assuming that Boston ins't drafting 1) and we get the best of the remaining point guards at 4, considering Boston will have the Nets pick they are unlikely to take a point guard so we will get one of the top point guards and Josh Jackson.

PhillyFaninLA
04-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Whos to say Ball won't bust? Let's see how his game translates to the big leagues.

There was a time when MCW was suppose to be the next big PG.. pffft

I don't think Ball will be a bust but I don't think he's a star, I think he will be a very solid to good player for a long time. My issue with Ball, especially at 1 or 2, is what is the impact and control his father has. His father almost cost him his college eligibility and says a lot of things that could become a distraction for him, his son, and the team his son plays on.

Sly Guy
04-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Kings. Cuz I'm petty, and I don't like his dad and therefore wish him to have a short, painful career.