PDA

View Full Version : Magic accidentally release their offseason plans

Scoots
04-04-2017, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/CodyTaylorNBA/status/849061905885007873/photo/1

Are they considering trading to get Harris back?

A LOT of names on that list so it doesn't look like they've narrowed it much.

Lakers fans should be happy to see they are considering Deng.

Trade Aaron Gordon for Dario Saric?

I love stuff like this. I wish all pro-teams were required to release their targets list after the draft and after free agency.

WaDe03
04-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Feel sorry for Magic fans, those are ****** plans lol.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Doubt they take Deng for free. It has to be a huge incentive like a lottery pick or young players packaged with Deng. But yeah Laker fans should be jumping for joy to possible unload Deng's horrible contract. Also there's four Bucks on there as in Parker, Maker, Telly, Beasley.

MygirlhatesCod
04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
they should be making plans to fix paytons hair!

Jetsguy
04-04-2017, 01:04 PM
doesn't look like they have plans to get much better lol

JLynn943
04-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Seems like something the Kings would do. This will likely make getting deals done a bit more complicated.

mrblisterdundee
04-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Yikes; the Magic front office should stay away from trades (unless they hire Hinkie). Just stick with your current core, figure out who the keepers are and base your acquisitions on that. Vucevic still presents a nice trade chip who doesn't fit with the team's timeline.
I would start Payton, Fournier, Hezonja, Gordon and Biyombo. Getting Hezonja more playing time is key, as he has the most potential behind Fournier as a perimeter threat. Biyombo and Gordon make a pretty decent front court defensively. If Gordon can learn to stretch the floor like Griffin, good for him. He's not a small forward, but he can defend both forward spots.

5ass
04-04-2017, 02:01 PM
I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Looks like they're just listing guys that fit the description. The only thing is that (for AG?) next to Saric. No magic fan wants to see that. Could be Hennigan considering AG for Saric, or maybe Colangelo once acquired about a swap. We will never know. Other than that, there's little on that list that I find interesting if I'm another GM. Its not a good look for Hennigan, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
04-04-2017, 02:49 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-dry-erase-board-0405-story.html

Article mentioning the whole whiteboard. Gordon was a bit shocked of his name next to possible trade for Saric. Vogel had a chat with Gordon to clear the air. As for the Bucks I wouldn't mind trading Telly to Magic in a salary dump for second round pick.

Eagles4Lyfe
04-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Please have demarre carroll. Take him for freeeee

tp13baby
04-04-2017, 02:56 PM
I'll trade Denvers first and Wilson Chandler for Gordon

Bruno
04-04-2017, 03:10 PM
I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Looks like they're just listing guys that fit the description. The only thing is that (for AG?) next to Saric. No magic fan wants to see that. Could be Hennigan considering AG for Saric, or maybe Colangelo once acquired about a swap. We will never know. Other than that, there's little on that list that I find interesting if I'm another GM. Its not a good look for Hennigan, but I think people are blowing it out of proportion.

thats all this is. profile fits and potentialities. anyone actually expecting them to sign and trade for Serge Ibaka months after trading him for a role player?

the actual problem with this is the perception- that it further the speculation that they are an incompetent front office.

IndyRealist
04-04-2017, 04:15 PM
How many counts of player tampering is that, exactly?

COOLbeans
04-04-2017, 04:52 PM
I thought you meant Magic Johnson released Lakers plans

Scoots
04-04-2017, 05:48 PM
I thought you meant Magic Johnson released Lakers plans

I wish.

2017: Tank.
2018: Tank.
2019: Win Title.

MJNetsIsles
04-04-2017, 06:48 PM
they should be making plans to fix paytons hair!

Agreed, the guys hair is a bad joke.

eDush
04-04-2017, 06:54 PM

I love stuff like this. I wish all pro-teams were required to release their targets list after the draft and after free agency.Why is that? I thought they would be happy if the Cavs wanted Mozgov back?
:shrug:

eDush
04-04-2017, 07:00 PM
I thought you meant Magic Johnson released Lakers plansC'mon now....Magic is a smart guy where his very first trade on dumping Lou was fantastic cause he got rid of him when his stock was at his highest to allow the Lakers to lose games so they can keep their top pick for next year draft where most Lakers fans are idiots thinking they should play hardball since Lou improves their chance of winning games :nod:

Raps18-19 Champ
04-04-2017, 07:42 PM
:laugh2:

FlashBolt
04-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Oh no! their secret master plan to make the NBA Finals has been ruined!!!

kobe4thewinbang
04-05-2017, 01:14 AM

I love stuff like this. I wish all pro-teams were required to release their targets list after the draft and after free agency.There is a god! Deng has been utter horse piss this season. Some mentor. Monster contract for no damn reason. At least the Mosgov one makes some sense. I can't even think of what to do with Deng in 2k.

Regarding the Magic...

I feel bad for Coach Vogel, who by all accounts is a quality coach. They have good players, but they're raw. Front office dude is done, for sure, no doubt. But I worry for Vogel. Hopefully he can right the ship. I know nothing about Saric, but Gordon shows promise. I thought Fornier would become somebody big. We'll see. I wish the Magic were better. It was cool seeing them contend with D12 way back when. That team was a force.