PDA

View Full Version : Lakers even bad at tanking

Scoots
04-03-2017, 11:00 PM
So, with the win the Lakers have significantly reduced their odds of ending up with a top 3 pick, and if they lose that pick it doesn't just cost them this 1st round pick it also costs them their 2019 first round pick. One win may cost them 2 first round picks. Ouch.

I'm guessing there are lots of Go Suns thoughts going through Lakers fans minds.

shep33
04-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

More-Than-Most
04-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

:laugh:

More-Than-Most
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
The draft pick is a must for them with how Russ has been so far.. Ingram is going to be good but after that it looks bad with their lack of draft picks and the Mos/Deng deals... I think they will get the pick.. They need it and the NBA needs them to be good... Even if they do get it they are still in bad shape because of Russ and those deals.

Bruno
04-04-2017, 12:03 AM
over the past 20 seasons TWO teams per draft have jumped into top 3 six times. **** happens. even if they stayed where they were it was no lock.

a loss would have been nice though.

ewing
04-04-2017, 12:12 AM
:laugh:

was it the first time that happened in the NBA finals?

Scoots
04-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Warriors blew a 3-1 lead

True. But I don't know what the Warriors have to do with this.

PurpleLynch
04-04-2017, 08:14 AM
We reduced our chances,but there is still hope.

Yes,we didn't do well with our tanking tactics this year,but any player from the range 1 to 3 of this draft is something we can use to rebuild for sure. I don't think we will lose our pick to the 76ers.

Sure thing,we have to lose all the games we have until the end of the season.

Anyway,I'm not to worried about the draft,even if we lose this pick will be a damage nonetheless. My concern is about Mozgov and Deng's contracts:we absolutely need to unload both next season and Magic&Pelinka are kinda inexperienced at their respective roles.

Scoots
04-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Mozgov and Deng's contracts are not really an issue with the youth on the Lakers though. They may be dumb contracts, but better to just eat their contracts rather than spend assets to get rid of them.

DanG
04-04-2017, 09:08 AM
over the past 20 seasons TWO teams per draft have jumped into top 3 six times. **** happens. even if they stayed where they were it was no lock.

a loss would have been nice though.

This.

Anything can happen, imagine if the Sixers get the 1st and 4th pick :speechless:

tp13baby
04-04-2017, 09:28 AM
The draft pick is a must for them with how Russ has been so far.. Ingram is going to be good but after that it looks bad with their lack of draft picks and the Mos/Deng deals... I think they will get the pick.. They need it and the NBA needs them to be good... Even if they do get it they are still in bad shape because of Russ and those deals.

I have way more faith in Russ based off his rookie and sophomore campaign then I do Ingram.

theducksmuggler
04-04-2017, 09:54 AM
This.

Anything can happen, imagine if the Sixers get the 1st and 4th pick :speechless:

Thats what us 76ers fans having been hoping for since last year......Fultz+Jackson or Fultz+Monk or Fultz+Smith so many crazy options if they somehow get the #1 and #4 pick...I honestly hope the Kings get the #1 pick the Lakers get #4 pick and 76ers get #5 pick just so we can screw the Kings and swap with them haha

Firefistus
04-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Lol, somehow this has turned from a LA thread to a 76ers thread.

It almost sounds like the opening to a bad joke....how many top 5 picks does it take to make the 76ers good?

Answer?

Scoots
04-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Lol, somehow this has turned from a LA thread to a 76ers thread.

It almost sounds like the opening to a bad joke....how many top 5 picks does it take to make the 76ers good?

Answer?

Every draft related thread is a 76ers thread.

PurpleLynch
04-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Mozgov and Deng's contracts are not really an issue with the youth on the Lakers though. They may be dumb contracts, but better to just eat their contracts rather than spend assets to get rid of them.

Yes,if the plan is trying to rebuild slowly with what we drafted. But if they want to land even just one superstar or star to accelerate in the span of four years,they need to unload them. And next season it's the only one that can allow us to do that,since no one will get on Moz or Deng contracts unless they still hold some value as players. For example,the Magic leaked pic of possible trade pieces showed an interest in Deng and Larry Nance. If trading Nance means also freeing us from Deng contract,I'd do this kind of move in a heartbeat.

STRIKERC
04-04-2017, 03:49 PM
As a Sixers fan i really hope LA keeps their pick this year. I'd rather them draft Lonzo Ball than get Deandre Ayton next year. This draft class is deep but the top 3 of next years draft is IMO better.

As far as my Sixers, I'm OK with our own pick this year and the potential Sac swap. Lakers aren't going to magically make the playoffs next year. That means we have a chance at Ayton If Embiid gets injured again next season. There's also the 6'8'' pg Luka Doncic from Real Madrid.

Back to Lakers, they can keep their pick. I hope they do.

AntiG
04-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Ayton might be a Celtic next year, since they own the Nets pick and would love to get a dominant center.

LA4life24/8
04-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Yeaaaah it hurts for sure to lose it this year and then in turn prolly end up tanking another season next year but if we did all that and ended up w dayton or bamba id be really stoked (at that point in time) be another miserable year and some change til then though

europagnpilgrim
04-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Lakers will get the pick that's protected and probably try to trade it for a legit established star, if they keep the pick they will most likely get Ball to be the big PG and have Russell back there with him and Ingram be the small forward/3pt guy, who can also handle the ball here and there when needed

FlashBolt
04-04-2017, 08:09 PM
deng+Mosgov were pointless contracts in that neither have any leadership capabilities. I don't think they even treat Mosgov with respect to listen to him.. at the end of the day, if the lakers had to spend money, they should have gone with players who could mentor the young ones. I'm not sure why they signed those two but the more I think about it, that sums up the Lakers management the past few years.

valade16
04-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Lakers with another crippling win tonight.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Ironically, Lakers were losing more games playing Deng and Mozgov regularly than playing young guys :)

LA4life24/8
04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Ironically, Lakers were losing more games playing Deng and Mozgov regularly than playing young guys :)

Which is why its crap, someone told me the suns deactivating the guys they did was the same as deactivating the ones the lakers did. Bull ish it is.

Vinylman
04-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Which is why its crap, someone told me the suns deactivating the guys they did was the same as deactivating the ones the lakers did. Bull ish it is.

nah dude... phoenix's management is just smarter... in the last month they have led a lot of the games going into the 4 quarter and then have just put the end of their bench in to tank...

The lakers only have themselves to blame... the Memphis game is a prime example... Russell is playing out of his mind... what do you do if you are the Lakers... keep him in for the 4th qtr? surely not... right?

Lakers are dumb and deserve what happens to them for being so dumb

Scoots
04-06-2017, 12:30 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/4/6/15204402/lakers-tank-fail-spurs-luke-walton-nba-draft-lottery-2017?yptr=yahoo

COOLbeans
04-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Lakers with another crippling win tonight.

:laugh2:

IndyRealist
04-06-2017, 01:28 PM
A player has no incentive to tank, just to get in a better player next year that will take his minutes. And if they do leave, they look worse to their new prospective employer with a worse record and stats.

You can sub in scrubs, but you can't make guys not play to win.

LA4life24/8
04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
nah dude... phoenix's management is just smarter... in the last month they have led a lot of the games going into the 4 quarter and then have just put the end of their bench in to tank...

The lakers only have themselves to blame... the Memphis game is a prime example... Russell is playing out of his mind... what do you do if you are the Lakers... keep him in for the 4th qtr? surely not... right?

Lakers are dumb and deserve what happens to them for being so dumb

Agreed. Handled it piss poorly. The start to our season did not help. If they were gonna tank this year shoulda started from game 1, not game 21.

Just sucks man lol. Cant take it much more

Scoots
04-06-2017, 06:18 PM
A player has no incentive to tank, just to get in a better player next year that will take his minutes. And if they do leave, they look worse to their new prospective employer with a worse record and stats.

You can sub in scrubs, but you can't make guys not play to win.

As a coach you could make Muggsy Bogues guard Shaq (or the equivalient) though. Usually in tanking the coach isn't even involved and it's just the front office.

MJNetsIsles
04-06-2017, 06:27 PM
The Knicks are the worst at tanking.

TheDish87
04-07-2017, 11:51 AM
you have a weird obsession with the knicks.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 12:09 PM
No. I was watching SNY and they agree with me.

The Knicks can't tank to save their lives.

MJNetsIsles
04-07-2017, 12:10 PM
TheDish87 has a weird obsession with me!

Get in line there's a lot of you.

Which reminds me, I should block you. :)

More-Than-Most
04-08-2017, 12:52 AM
after tonight... I have no more sympathy lol... WTF lol... I wanted the lakers to win because its a win/win for sixers fans.. Lakers wins and kings lose... Just ups our chances a ton more... But jesus christ the suns ****ing lose... The lakers cant be this stupid man.

Tonight the suns gave the lakers a get out of jail free card... lakers instead choose to do their time