PDA

View Full Version : How would other greats have performed in today's NBA

JasonJohnHorn
03-30-2017, 06:01 PM
Westy and Harden have been putting up crazy, historical number, but I think it is fair to say that neither will rank in anybody's top-10 all-time by the end of their careers. The impressive play is thanks, in part, to the quicker paced games and explosion of 3-point shooting.

With that in mind, what former greats would have been able to really excel in this era? What kind of number would Jordan and Drexler have put up, assuming they came in with decent 3-pt shooting.

How about a guy like John Stockton, whose 3-pt shooting was grossly underutilized during his prime? Or Ray Allen? Mitch Richmond?

How about less celebrated guys, like Bill Laimbeer, who developed a solid 3pt game later in his career. Or Sam Perkins?

Any other players from yesteryear yo think would be thriving in this environment? What kind of numbers would they post compared to Westy and Harden?

Raidaz4Life
03-30-2017, 06:03 PM
I still think Kevin Garnett would dominate the league today as a Center. Like just demolish the big man scene.

MygirlhatesCod
03-30-2017, 06:26 PM
I would love to see a healthy penny now. I think his size and his pace play would fit perfectly.

europagnpilgrim
03-30-2017, 07:15 PM
Mitch Richmond
Reggie Miller
Oscar
Baylor
West
Wilt
Iverson
KG
and many more would thrive and excel more In todays tick tack foul calling/3pt jacking era

ewing
03-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Healthy Mark Price would have beasted. I like to see Fat Level. I wonder how Mark Jackson would have done. He was brilliant in the pick and roll but not a shooter and kind of slow of foot. I think Mike Dunleavy came 10 years to late. He might be a legit 3 pick now, then he was too slow be a guard and weak to be a forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
03-30-2017, 11:19 PM
AK-47 was before his time. He would have been a wonderful PF in today's game. He came in about 10yrs too early. Had his best season (All-Star) at PF, we signed him to max, then signed Boozer and told him we'll never run a play for you ever again. We wasted all that talent he had. I feel like he could have had a Draymond Green like game.

ewing
03-30-2017, 11:22 PM
AK-47 was before his time. He would have been a wonderful PF in today's game. He came in about 10yrs too early. Had his best season (All-Star) at PF, we signed him to max, then signed Boozer and told him we'll never run a play for you ever again. We wasted all that talent he had. I feel like he could have had a Draymond Green like game.

he was a great player with you guys til you got Williams. He greatest skill was play making and suddenly you had an elite play making PG.

WaDe03
03-31-2017, 09:50 AM
"If Jordan played in this era he would just be another role player"

-Dennis Rodman

JLynn943
03-31-2017, 10:16 AM
I wish Iverson could have played in this league. His assist totals and scoring efficiency (he'd be at the FT line all the time) would take major bumps up. I think 30 ppg and 10 apg would be well within reach (he averaged almost 31 and 8 in 04-05). I'd also be interested in seeing how his 3 point shooting would change. He was never anything special at it, but perhaps that changes with how offenses are geared now.