PDA

View Full Version : 3/28 NBA Game Thread

lol, please
03-28-2017, 12:29 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?920256-The-Playoff-Rivalry-Is-Brewing!!!-Game-74-Warriors-(59-14)-Rockets-(51-22)&p=31537019#post31537019

TOO MUCH HYPE!!!!

:cheer:

The rivalry lives on!!

kdspurman
03-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Tuesday March 28th, 2017

Bucks @ Hornets
7:00PM

Wolves @ Pacers
7:00PM

76ers @ Nets
7:30PM

Suns @ Hawks

Heat @ Pistons

Warriors @ Rockets
8:00PM
NBA TV

Nuggets @ Blazers
10:00PM

Wizards @ Lakers
10:30PM
NBATV

kdspurman
03-28-2017, 03:22 PM
kdspurman is slippin.

:cool:

edit away bro, I just came to hype the mega-game.

Your post got removed when I merged my post with the games... Nevertheless, I took care of adding the games

tp13baby
03-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Portland vs Denver. The West 8th spot will be determined tonight in my opinion.

mightybosstone
03-28-2017, 05:04 PM
I should be more excited about Golden State and Houston than I am, but I think because Houston essentially has the third seed locked up and has almost zero chance to catch the Spurs for the second seed, this game just doesn't hold the same weight as it should.

But this could still be a future playoff matchup down the road, and I hope the Rockets take this game seriously and are competitive. I just hope for a good game in which everyone is healthy at the end, which the Rockets haven't had much luck with over the last week...

lol, please
03-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Your post got removed when I merged my post with the games... Nevertheless, I took care of adding the games

Thanks man.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 08:14 PM
I should be more excited about Golden State and Houston than I am, but I think because Houston essentially has the third seed locked up and has almost zero chance to catch the Spurs for the second seed, this game just doesn't hold the same weight as it should.

But this could still be a future playoff matchup down the road, and I hope the Rockets take this game seriously and are competitive. I just hope for a good game in which everyone is healthy at the end, which the Rockets haven't had much luck with over the last week...
I see it as a fun "a preview of things to come" matchup pre-playoffs, if nothing else. The fact that the seeds are locked up is a good thing, for my anxiety.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Klay Thompson putting his imprint on this game, and Harden's psyche.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Toyota Center exploded when Harden broke Green's ankles lol

nastynice
03-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Poor rockets, I feel like they and their fans felt like they had some sort of shot this year. It will be sad to bring them back to reality tonight :(

Htownballa1622
03-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Poor rockets, I feel like they and their fans felt like they had some sort of shot this year. It will be sad to bring them back to reality tonight :(

Lol. If anything, tonight isn't the reason why we'd be brought back to reality. Some of us live in reality where we fully aware where we are.

We have the mvp and no other all stars. We don't have some stacked team that may or may not get punked again in June.

Get off your high horse. Comments like yours are the reason I'd enjoy Cleveland back handing yall like the punks yall act like.

nastynice
03-28-2017, 08:46 PM
Lol. If anything, tonight isn't the reason why we'd be brought back to reality. Some of us live in reality where we fully aware where we are.

We have the mvp and no other all stars. We don't have some stacked team that may or may not get punked again in June.

Get off your high horse. Comments like yours are the reason I'd enjoy Cleveland back handing yall like the punks yall act like.

This is what I'm saying tho. Why is "June" even in your vocabulary? You're a rockets fan bro, the word June should not be crossing your mind. At all

:) I'm just talkin ish bro. Nothing wrong with a lil smack talk. Plus I'm hoping saddletramp come across these comments, lol. He's part of the hater big 3

lol, please
03-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Rockets aren't going away and they aren't even hitting 3's yet, need to be more careful with each possession.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Phantom call on King Klay, and he has a right to be upset, but no surprise really, to be honest, refs right on cue.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:07 PM
D'antoni wan'ts a T on Curry. Pathetic.

:facepalm:

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:26 PM
Barnett is putting it lightly. The refs bailed them out A LOT in the first half. No question about it.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Warriors went 8-26 from 3 and 1-2 from the line (Rox 18-20), i'll take the 8 pt lead at half.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Well that injury changes everything. If Green's out the rest of this game it prob means he misses at least tomorrow's San Antonio game as well.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:37 PM
:facepalm:

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Well that injury changes everything. If Green's out the rest of this game it prob means he misses at least tomorrow's San Antonio game as well.

The way Iggy is playing right now it doesn't worry me one bit if he's out a couple games.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 09:41 PM
The way Iggy is playing right now it doesn't worry me one bit if he's out a couple games.

Iggy can't play center (also McAdoo out tonight with stitches). If he's out during the Houston/SAS/Houston 3 game in 4 day stretch it won't be good. Just hope it isn't bad.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Draymond's ankle is just a tweak and he has it taped up / can return tonight. That's a sigh of relief.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Green is already back, taped up and ready to go lol.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Iggy is wet!!!

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Heck of an impact McGee has had since he checked in.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Harden is playing with one hand right now. He's hurt again.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Curry's missed a lot of wide open 3's tonight. Playing good, but those gotta fall.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Heck of a game for Capela tonight.

tp13baby
03-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Nurkic vs Jokic

lol, please
03-28-2017, 10:19 PM
Love how Klay just sent Harden away lol.

archdevil84
03-28-2017, 10:25 PM
hassan whiteside scored a buzzer beater tip in to win vs the pistons, potentially eliminating them from the playoffs. big win for the heat

tredigs
03-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Disgusting how many fouls the Rockets shoot for and get. They're so hard to watch sometimes.

nastynice
03-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Draymond!! He's the ****in man!

nastynice
03-28-2017, 10:30 PM
Dray!!! Haha ugly shot

Baby faced assassin!! Y'all slept on us!

MygirlhatesCod
03-28-2017, 10:30 PM
the officiating in the houston warriors game is killing me! it really is horrible to watch.

nastynice
03-28-2017, 10:31 PM
the officiating in the houston warriors game is killing me! it really is horrible to watch.

Yea, it's been weird. Harden's not even really flopping, it's just the refs, weird ****in calls

tredigs
03-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Nice dagger from Curry. Now all that's left is to try to continue the double-digit points win streak (at least for one last night before SAS tomorrow).

MygirlhatesCod
03-28-2017, 10:32 PM
hassan whiteside scored a buzzer beater tip in to win vs the pistons, potentially eliminating them from the playoffs. big win for the heat

yeah..that killed the pistons morale. they are for sure done.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Dang - single digit win.

lol, please
03-28-2017, 10:37 PM
Good game Rockets fans. Til the playoffs.

c.c.
03-28-2017, 10:46 PM
I gained a lot of respect for the Warriors defense this game.

Harden had a Westbrook type of game. He got a triple double, had a bad shooting night, and lost the game.

tp13baby
03-28-2017, 11:11 PM
This is the type of Nurkic Denver was searching for. When he wants to Nurk can ball but he spends a lot of the time playing with no confidence and pouting. Portland is gonna love him and once he actually gets a left hand he is right in the conversation of all the other young bigs.

rhino17
03-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Someone on the Rockets needs to make Harden sit for a couple games. His wrist is obviously hurting him a great deal and but he refuses to take any time off. The 3rd seed should be clinched this week. They gotta convince him to sit after that and get his hand healthy for the playoffs.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Someone on the Rockets needs to make Harden sit for a couple games. His wrist is obviously hurting him a great deal and but he refuses to take any time off. The 3rd seed should be clinched this week. They gotta convince him to sit after that and get his hand healthy for the playoffs.

Gonna be tougher after his recent comments sort of throwing shade at Lebron (I'm assuming) for it. But agreed, he needs to. Would be very dumb and selfish not to.

Scoots
03-28-2017, 11:48 PM
In the pre-game show on NBA tv Kevin McHale had as a key to the Rockets winning "Act like you want to play D" ... interesting from their former coach :)

HandsOnTheWheel
03-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Shouldn't Lakers be trying to lose? What are they doing lol. Up 13 going into the 4th against the Wizards

tp13baby
03-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Portland is a tough matchup as an 8 seed assuming Crabbe Aminu and Harkless give good minutes.

Saddletramp
03-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Never could recover from that slow start, even if they did get it to 4 late. Kerr does things that so many other coaches don't do whether it be "don't slap at the ball when Harden's driving" or "protect the three point line above all else".

Harden really needs to get that wrist taken care of. An injured wrist is not "resting".

Scoots
03-29-2017, 08:25 AM
In the Warriors/Rockets game Harden was 15' from the guy he was defending on layups several times in the first quarter ... later in the game he was more engaged. It's so frustrating when they talk about his MVP status when I see such lackluster effort.

TheDish87
03-29-2017, 08:47 AM
but when James pretends to have a concussion from a love tap its ok?

Vee-Rex
03-29-2017, 12:59 PM
Gonna be tougher after his recent comments sort of throwing shade at Lebron (I'm assuming) for it. But agreed, he needs to. Would be very dumb and selfish not to.

Try to tell people about the importance of rest but... nope, doesn't work. But if their star player on their favorite team goes down or has nagging injuries then THAT's the only way they can gain a new perspective.

Vee-Rex
03-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Never could recover from that slow start, even if they did get it to 4 late. Kerr does things that so many other coaches don't do whether it be "don't slap at the ball when Harden's driving" or "protect the three point line above all else".

Harden really needs to get that wrist taken care of. An injured wrist is not "resting".

You increase the likelihood AND severity of injury when you don't take care of your body. Resting is an enormous part of that. Every weight-lifter, athlete, and physical therapist/trainer will not only tell you that, but highly emphasize it.

Saddletramp
03-29-2017, 06:27 PM
You increase the likelihood AND severity of injury when you don't take care of your body. Resting is an enormous part of that. Every weight-lifter, athlete, and physical therapist/trainer will not only tell you that, but highly emphasize it.

It's a freak injury. He fell on his wrist a couple of times in the last week and got it smacked hard last night at least once. One of the reasons (main reason?) he was off last night (then again, maybe it was the Warrior Factor). It's not like a sore knee or fatigue,

He and Bev had said that they don't want to take games off because of rest, but this wouldn't be rest for fatigue, it'd be rest for injury. Totally different (I believe in rest in the right situation). I'm hoping it'll be good going forward but if not, he should sit a few games. The playoffs are key.

Vee-Rex
03-29-2017, 08:01 PM
It's a freak injury. He fell on his wrist a couple of times in the last week and got it smacked hard last night at least once. One of the reasons (main reason?) he was off last night (then again, maybe it was the Warrior Factor). It's not like a sore knee or fatigue,

He and Bev had said that they don't want to take games off because of rest, but this wouldn't be rest for fatigue, it'd be rest for injury. Totally different (I believe in rest in the right situation). I'm hoping it'll be good going forward but if not, he should sit a few games. The playoffs are key.

Right... and it's entirely possible a lack of body rest is why he now has a nagging injury. Two people can fall on their wrist with the exact same force and one could be fine and the other out for the season.

Ever wonder why LeBron can practically break his leg in half and be perfectly fine the next minute? It has everything to do with body maintenance and the unique/weird way he takes care of his body (hint... REST is a huge factor). Look up his rituals.

Or maybe Harden was just unlucky. I'm not trying to say it was one way or the other. What I AM saying is that the only star player of the 3rd seed Rockets would be foolish to forego rest if he is injured and/or fatigued. Houston's season and goals are much greater than the regular season.

Saddletramp
03-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Right... and it's entirely possible a lack of body rest is why he now has a nagging injury. Two people can fall on their wrist with the exact same force and one could be fine and the other out for the season.

Ever wonder why LeBron can practically break his leg in half and be perfectly fine the next minute? It has everything to do with body maintenance and the unique/weird way he takes care of his body (hint... REST is a huge factor). Look up his rituals.

Or maybe Harden was just unlucky. I'm not trying to say it was one way or the other. What I AM saying is that the only star player of the 3rd seed Rockets would be foolish to forego rest if he is injured and/or fatigued. Houston's season and goals are much greater than the regular season.

I think Harden wants the MVP too much to sit and truth be told, I don't think he thinks the postseason run will be determined by the last few weeks of the regular season (unless some major injury happens or this wrist thing is worse than he/they thought). They'll have to get hot against the Spurs and/or the Warriors to beat them and they're (I believe) 12-1 (last I checked) on the second game of a back to back. They knew D'Antoni's style would be fast and constant and they conditioned themselves for it. A break might put them out of their rhythm.

As far as the two people/fall/same force/different time frames thing goes, in some cases, sure. With a wrist? Not so sure. Maybe, but I dunno. But if it lingers into next week (assuming he plays these three West Coast games) then he should get it right before the playoffs start.

Vee-Rex
03-29-2017, 08:32 PM
I think Harden wants the MVP too much to sit and truth be told, I don't think he thinks the postseason run will be determined by the last few weeks of the regular season (unless some major injury happens or this wrist thing is worse than he/they thought). They'll have to get hot against the Spurs and/or the Warriors to beat them and they're (I believe) 12-1 (last I checked) on the second game of a back to back. They knew D'Antoni's style would be fast and constant and they conditioned themselves for it. A break might put them out of their rhythm.

As far as the two people/fall/same force/different time frames thing goes, in some cases, sure. With a wrist? Not so sure. Maybe, but I dunno. But if it lingers into next week (assuming he plays these three West Coast games) then he should get it right before the playoffs start.

Yeah and it sucks because everyone is so hyped about Westbrooks triple doubles. The difference between Harden and Westbrook is that Westy pads stats as a primary goal. Harden is literally willing his team to contendership and the stats are a result of it.

Granted, this Rockets team has more talent than in previous years (the bench is the truth), but Harden has been incredible.

It's why he's still my MVP vote. Harden, Kawhi, then Westy.

Saddletramp
03-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Yeah and it sucks because everyone is so hyped about Westbrooks triple doubles. The difference between Harden and Westbrook is that Westy pads stats as a primary goal. Harden is literally willing his team to contendership and the stats are a result of it.

Granted, this Rockets team has more talent than in previous years (the bench is the truth), but Harden has been incredible.

That's how I would have it as well. Those triple doubles look great, but they're not accounting for as many wins. By the way, Harden pads it up a little, too, but it's usually in a win to widen a lead. RWB pads more in garbage time in a loss.

Scoots
03-29-2017, 11:21 PM
I think Kawhi deserves some credit he doesn't seem to get much in that he's leading a team that had a lot of change and he's holding together a very aging core and doing all that and having a team with the 2nd best record in the NBA.

tredigs
03-30-2017, 12:23 AM

I got Harden still, but Westbrook and the Thunder have both been by far the most dominant in close games between the two, specifically the 4th. A lot better than Harden has (statistically and W/L wise). The past two games from Westbrook are just two examples of that.

So while you can say he pads (he does), we also have to acknowledge that his best play overall has come in close games, and most of them have resulted in wins (we can get the stats tomorrow).