PDA

View Full Version : Best Player In The League Next 5 Years?

RocketLoc80
03-27-2017, 09:43 PM
It seems that we might be seeing Lebrons dominant run ending with the way the season is unfolding. So who is next in line to be the best in the NBA the next 5 years?

tredigs
03-27-2017, 09:52 PM
It seems that we might be seeing Lebrons dominant run ending with the way the season is unfolding. So who is next in line to be the best in the NBA the next 5 years?

Lebron's a playoff guy. He's consistently great in the regular season but he hasn't been its best player in a long time (since KD's MVP years ago). Best players for the next 5 are Curry, KD and Harden IMO (I see their primes ending about 4 years from now). Kawhi, AD and Towns could have a say.

MiamiBoy77
03-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Threeway tie:

Lonzo Ball, LaMelo Ball, LiAngelo Ball.

Close thread.

ewing
03-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Curry is your best bet. Kawhi will be there two. I don't know if the Spurs can stay good enough for him to get the credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raps18-19 Champ
03-27-2017, 10:00 PM
The next 5 years? Kawhi.

He may now be the best in any of the years but I expect Kawhi to be 2nd or 3rd best all those 5 years.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 10:05 PM
The next 5 years? Kawhi.

He may now be the best in any of the years but I expect Kawhi to be 2nd or 3rd best all those 5 years.

He can't be the 2nd best player on his team and 3rd best overall in a losing playoff series than he was against OKC last season then. I agree though that he'll be among the best for the next 5. Just likely not the alpha player.

ewing
03-27-2017, 10:25 PM
He can't be the 2nd best player on his team and 3rd best overall in a losing playoff series than he was against OKC last season then. I agree though that he'll be among the best for the next 5. Just likely not the alpha player.

i agree but i am also assuming he is growing as a go too guy so i think he could be at the top of the list.

More-Than-Most
03-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Embiid... almost makes the all star game as a starter in 31 games played with 23 minutes a night... 5 seasons from now he may have 81 plus games under his belt *****es.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-27-2017, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't call Curry the best player at all, not sure where that is coming from especially if Durant sticks around for a number of years. In fact I think it's arguable that Curry's best years are behind him as there's no way he'd reach the plateau he got to last year where he was considered by some the best.

Westbrook is peaking now and will begin his decline probably after next year. Harden, Durant, Kawhi, Davis, and Towns are all good bets though.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't call Curry the best player at all, not sure where that is coming from especially if Durant sticks around for a number of years. In fact I think it's arguable that Curry's best years are behind him as there's no way he'd reach the plateau he got to last year where he was considered by some the best.

Westbrook is peaking now and will begin his decline probably after next year. Harden, Durant, Kawhi, Davis, and Towns are all good bets though.
Lol, don't realize where it's coming from? He's the b2b MVP in his prime who may not reach his offensive heights of last season (who will/can?), but will easily be a top offensive/overall player in the game for years to come. His impact is beyond measure for the Warriors (+16 with him on the court... certainly not numbers that KD has replicated despite his greatness).

mightybosstone
03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
If I had to narrow it down to a handful of players, I'd go with Curry, Harden, Durant, Leonard and Giannis with Westbrook just on the outside at sixth. Lebron and Paul are past their peaks already, although I expect they still have 2-4 solid years of their primes left. I'm not sure Davis gets much better than he's already gotten, and he tends to struggle to stay healthy, Towns is still a question mark playing for a bad team, Embiid won't stay on the floor long enough and while this may be a good draft, it's extremely unlikely there's going to be a rookie capable of being the best player in the league over the next five seasons.

I still think Curry's potential is the highest of the five, but he and Durant could end up cancelling each out other out, leaving a path for someone else to take the crown. Giannis' potential is off the charts, though, as well. And if he finds a legitimate 3-point shot, he could be Durant 2.0. More than likely, though, I see the next five years as a league where multiple guys win MVPs and there isn't one dominant player like we had with Jordan and Lebron. This will be more like the early 2000s when we had a ton of future Hall of Famers peaking and a major influx of young talent on the rise.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Forgot about Giannis somehow. Good call.

Bostonjorge
03-28-2017, 12:17 AM
His name is Zion Williamson. He has one more year in HS then one year in college. After 3 NBA season the league will be his.

https://youtu.be/BusVuoP1TLY

Jeffy25
03-28-2017, 12:32 AM
GA, Curry, KD, Harden, Westbrook, etc

Jeffy25
03-28-2017, 12:36 AM
KAT and AD too

More-Than-Most
03-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Kat/AD/Khawi/Durant/Curry/Gia/Harden/Westy are all safe bets

I hate Kats defense but Harden gets all the passes in the world for his defense because of everything else he does.... Kat is putting up 25/12/3 on 53 pct shooting and 35 pct from 3.... Really think about that... It might honestly be the quietest 25/12 we have seen in a really really long time and its only his 2nd year... That is something duncan/KG never did in their 2nd year... AD this year only has 2 points a game on him while shooting slightly worse.

LA_Raiders
03-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Too much hate for westbrick.

Westbrick, KD, Leonard, or AD

More-Than-Most
03-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Too much hate for westbrick.

Westbrick, KD, Leonard, or AD

well the knock on him is his defense... yet he is a better defender than harden.... then its his usage which i do understand but harden has a better team/worse defense and is in one of the best offensively friendly systems in the world... but harden is better because for some odd reason everyone now hates westy.

Vinylman
03-28-2017, 08:01 AM
His name is Zion Williamson. He has one more year in HS then one year in college. After 3 NBA season the league will be his.

https://youtu.be/BusVuoP1TLY

Shabazz 2.0

mightybosstone
03-28-2017, 08:31 AM
well the knock on him is his defense... yet he is a better defender than harden.... then its his usage which i do understand but harden has a better team/worse defense and is in one of the best offensively friendly systems in the world... but harden is better because for some odd reason everyone now hates westy.
Harden's better because he's one of the most efficient offensive players in basketball, while Westy is average at best in terms of efficiency. This isn't rocket science, chief.

mightybosstone
03-28-2017, 08:35 AM
I hate Kats defense but Harden gets all the passes in the world for his defense because of everything else he does..

Are you ****ing kidding me? I've had more arguments in the NBA forum about Harden's defense than any topic outside of maybe Lebron vs. Kobe. If you think he "gets all the passes in the world for his defense" then you're either remarkably dense or don't pay any attention to anything.

North Yorker
03-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? I've had more arguments in the NBA forum about Harden's defense than any topic outside of maybe Lebron vs. Kobe. If you think he "gets all the passes in the world for his defense" then you're either remarkably dense or don't pay any attention to anything.

I think he's just saying that Harden's lack of defense doesn't stop him from being in the discussion of being an perennial MVP candidate the next 5 years, and so other candidates that aren't good on D (ie. KAT) aren't necessarily ruled out either. I could be wrong but I don't see many people saying that Harden doesn't belong in the MVP race this season because he doesn't play D.

da ThRONe
03-28-2017, 10:29 AM
When I think of best player I think of guys that can lock in on both ends. On that basis I think Leonard has to be the odds on favorite to be that guy after LeBron. His offense has grown to the point that he's the go to guy for a championship caliber team and he's arguably the best perimeter defender in the game. Plus at 25 he's still right outside of his basketball prime.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Kat/AD/Khawi/Durant/Curry/Gia/Harden/Westy are all safe bets

I hate Kats defense but Harden gets all the passes in the world for his defense because of everything else he does.... Kat is putting up 25/12/3 on 53 pct shooting and 35 pct from 3.... Really think about that... It might honestly be the quietest 25/12 we have seen in a really really long time and its only his 2nd year... That is something duncan/KG never did in their 2nd year... AD this year only has 2 points a game on him while shooting slightly worse.

KAT is also 21. If he is still a poor defender at age 27, something happened....

KAT isn't the answer here, but in 5 years, I think he can push for best in the game. It's those earlier years he won't stick with some of the other guys, namely, Leonard, Curry, Durant, Davis, Westbrook, Harden, LeBron.

By the way, while Harden gets a pass on his defense (kind of) in the MVP voting this year, I THINK, he is routinely bashed for it. And it's not even as bad as it's made out to be now, even though it's still average at best. Remember Dirk was labeled a terrible defender, and it took eternity for the rep to die...

Hawkeye15
03-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Shabazz 2.0

anytime Shabazz gets the ball, and he isn't directly in scoring position, you kind of make that face where you turn your head to the side, raise the lip, and just go, "oh boy..."

one of three things happens. He either scores, bricks a layup, or turns it over. Not since the Shimmy himself, have I seen a player go 1 on 3 and actually think it's a good decision.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Forgot about Giannis somehow. Good call.

Most MVP's are averaging like 30 PPG with elite D. I cant picture Giannis to ever average 30PPG for a season. Maybe for a playoff series but not a whole season. He's a great defender though. Giannis is leader in all Bucks categories for PPG,REB,BLKS,STLS,AST though.

tredigs
03-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Most MVP's are averaging like 30 PPG with elite D. I cant picture Giannis to ever average 30PPG for a season. Maybe for a playoff series but not a whole season. He's a great defender though. Giannis is leader in all Bucks categories for PPG,REB,BLKS,STLS,AST though.
He only takes 15.9 attempts and averages >23 ppg. If he averages 19 attempts he's at 27 ppg, which as we know is easily enough for MVP. Though to be a top 5 player you don't need to be an MVP. KD was 2nd in MVP like 4 times before he eventually won one.

IKnowHoops
03-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Its like saying Curry was the second or third best player on his team in both finals so he can't be a #1 or #2 candidate in the league. One series don't mean s---.

valade16
03-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Embiid... almost makes the all star game as a starter in 31 games played with 23 minutes a night... 5 seasons from now he may have 81 plus games under his belt *****es.

You mean total games played in his career right? lol

Everyone has always hated Westy.

Harden's better because he's one of the most efficient offensive players in basketball, while Westy is average at best in terms of efficiency. This isn't rocket science, chief.

Surely you mean scoring efficiency? I don't know why people seem to confuse efficiency with scoring efficiency.

Westy's AST% is 56.7% and his TO% is 15.8%. His Offensive Win Shares are 7.6 and his OBPM is 10.3. His Oncourt is +4.3 on/off is +13.8.

Harden's AST% is 51.0% and his TO% is 19.6%. His Offensive Win Shares 11.0 and his OBPM is 8.9. His Oncourt is +7.8 and his on/off is +2.1.

In terms of overall efficiency Westbrook is neck and neck with Harden. When you mean efficiency you seem to mean only TS%.

IKnowHoops
03-28-2017, 01:48 PM
KAT and AD too

Over the next 5 years, Westbrook, Curry, Kawhi, AD, Durant, Harden, and yes still Lebron will be fighting for that #1 spot. (Lebron is still #1 and likely will be next year)

In five years the best player in the league will be either AD or KAT.

Vinylman
03-28-2017, 02:03 PM
anytime Shabazz gets the ball, and he isn't directly in scoring position, you kind of make that face where you turn your head to the side, raise the lip, and just go, "oh boy..."

one of three things happens. He either scores, bricks a layup, or turns it over. Not since the Shimmy himself, have I seen a player go 1 on 3 and actually think it's a good decision.

yeah... I never understood the shabaz hype (ie super elite talk)... just watching the videos of that kid reminded me a lot of Shabaz... and I know those are older vids but that kid looks like he is playing against a middle school group of teams...

People don't seem to understand when guys are WAY MORE physically mature at an early age how that impacts perceptions...

Hope the kid does well but he will have to show a lot more than those dunking clips... plus I flat out hate lefties

Rivera
03-28-2017, 03:09 PM
skal

mightybosstone
03-28-2017, 04:28 PM
You mean total games played in his career right? lol

Everyone has always hated Westy.

Surely you mean scoring efficiency? I don't know why people seem to confuse efficiency with scoring efficiency.

Westy's AST% is 56.7% and his TO% is 15.8%. His Offensive Win Shares are 7.6 and his OBPM is 10.3. His Oncourt is +4.3 on/off is +13.8.

Harden's AST% is 51.0% and his TO% is 19.6%. His Offensive Win Shares 11.0 and his OBPM is 8.9. His Oncourt is +7.8 and his on/off is +2.1.

In terms of overall efficiency Westbrook is neck and neck with Harden. When you mean efficiency you seem to mean only TS%.
I am speaking more in terms of scoring efficiency, but WS as well, as WS relies pretty heavily on a player's efficiency as I understand it. Also, just because Westbrook might be more productive across the board overall (which is indicated with a stat like BPM), that hardly makes him a more efficient basketball player. Efficiency and productivity are not remotely the same thing.

valade16
03-28-2017, 07:08 PM
I am speaking more in terms of scoring efficiency, but WS as well, as WS relies pretty heavily on a player's efficiency as I understand it. Also, just because Westbrook might be more productive across the board overall (which is indicated with a stat like BPM), that hardly makes him a more efficient basketball player. Efficiency and productivity are not remotely the same thing.

I'm aware that productivity is not the same as efficiency. Just as I'm aware that scoring efficiency is not the same as offensive efficiency.

Harden may very well be more efficient overall on offense than Westbrook, but it's not like Westbrook is inefficient, and that seems to get lost in the shuffle here.

ChiSox219
03-28-2017, 07:33 PM
Feels like it's gonna be KD, AD, or Kawhi. All three possess elite athleticism, length, and skill.

Next tier: Harden, Steph, Westbrook, and Giannis.
These guys all have weaknesses right now that can be exploited in the playoffs but could improve.

Young'ns: Porzingis, Towns, and Gobert all have tantalizing talent at the Center position. KP especially could become one of the best but these guys probably won't start peaking for a couple more years.

europagnpilgrim
03-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Anthony Davis
KD-Leonard
Harden/Russ/Curry
Healthy, Embiid

cmellofan15
03-28-2017, 11:43 PM
Jokic

Sly Guy
03-29-2017, 02:28 PM
I think the answer to this is simple.....lavar ball. Dude's still got it.

ewing
03-29-2017, 04:58 PM
Thomas is just entering his prime and is a top 5 player right now.

Chronz
03-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Ty Lawson

GREATNESS ONE
03-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Threeway tie:

Lonzo Ball, LaMelo Ball, LiAngelo Ball.

Close thread.

:laugh2: I'm dead! /thread

KnickNyKnick
03-29-2017, 10:47 PM
If melo leaves NY Kristaps maybe? If hes the main guy hes a player than can probably get Triple doubles with blcoks, or maybe even. Quadruple doubles. I think will happen for him a few times.

him and Giannis

KnickNyKnick
03-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Jokic

your'e not Jokicing right?

Yanks All Day
03-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Kevin Durant or Kawhi Leonard

KD is already the 2nd best player in basketball behind LeBron. Considering Durant is 28 now and LeBron is 32, you'd have to assume his 29-34 years will be better than LeBron's 33-38. Kawhi is absurdly 25 years old. He might not even have scratched his prime yet, and he's already arguably the best defender in basketball while consistently improving on offense. I'm operating off the assumption that the next Michael Jordan isn't getting drafted in the next few years, because there's no 3rd or 4th year player in the NBA that will be able to do what these two do on the court.

I'd say Durant/Kawhi followed by a combination of Curry/Westbrook/ AD/ Harden.

Two wild cards, though:

1) Paul George - He's only 26 years old. He's been stuck on a terrible Pacers team. But the kid can play. He's a legitimate 2 way player and can match up with any star in basketball on any given night. I'd think that given the opportunity to play in a better system with better players, he can excel. Maybe not "Best in NBA" level, but he can certainly put himself in discussions.

2) LeBron James - Intentionally left him out. The theme seems to be "with LeBron's game obviously declining," as if this same thread doesn't come up every single year around this time. He's currently the best player in the NBA and doesn't particularly care about the regular season. It doesn't make him worse, though. Also, he's got the type of game that ages well. LeBron's arguably the best passer in basketball now. If he decides to be more of a distributor as he ages, then we'll see seasons of 20 ppg and 14 apg, rather than 25 ppg and 8 apg. There's no reason to think he'll be the best for all of the next 5 years, but there's also no reason to think that 2-3 of them still won't belong to LeBron.

JLynn943
03-30-2017, 09:54 AM
skal

Came here to post this.

JLynn943
03-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Kevin Durant or Kawhi Leonard

KD is already the 2nd best player in basketball behind LeBron. Considering Durant is 28 now and LeBron is 32, you'd have to assume his 29-34 years will be better than LeBron's 33-38. Kawhi is absurdly 25 years old. He might not even have scratched his prime yet, and he's already arguably the best defender in basketball while consistently improving on offense. I'm operating off the assumption that the next Michael Jordan isn't getting drafted in the next few years, because there's no 3rd or 4th year player in the NBA that will be able to do what these two do on the court.

I'd say Durant/Kawhi followed by a combination of Curry/Westbrook/ AD/ Harden.

Two wild cards, though:

1) Paul George - He's only 26 years old. He's been stuck on a terrible Pacers team. But the kid can play. He's a legitimate 2 way player and can match up with any star in basketball on any given night. I'd think that given the opportunity to play in a better system with better players, he can excel. Maybe not "Best in NBA" level, but he can certainly put himself in discussions.

2) LeBron James - Intentionally left him out. The theme seems to be "with LeBron's game obviously declining," as if this same thread doesn't come up every single year around this time. He's currently the best player in the NBA and doesn't particularly care about the regular season. It doesn't make him worse, though. Also, he's got the type of game that ages well. LeBron's arguably the best passer in basketball now. If he decides to be more of a distributor as he ages, then we'll see seasons of 20 ppg and 14 apg, rather than 25 ppg and 8 apg. There's no reason to think he'll be the best for all of the next 5 years, but there's also no reason to think that 2-3 of them still won't belong to LeBron.

Good post. Paul George is a good call. In the right situation, he could be in the conversation. I'd throw KAT in the mix, too.

ewing
03-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Good post. Paul George is a good call. In the right situation, he could be in the conversation. I'd throw KAT in the mix, too.

I think he is the perfect fit in Boston. He wont win MVP sharing the ball with IT but i think he makes them much better

mike_noodles
03-30-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm gonna say Towns.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-30-2017, 10:58 AM
I'd still go lebron. He still has another 3 years of being the best player in the NBA.

mightybosstone
03-30-2017, 11:22 AM

I love Thomas, but let's not confuse being a top 5 MVP candidate with being a top 5 player. He's produced well enough this season to belong in the top 5 dicussion, but I wouldn't say the likelihood of him repeating his production from this season again—much less consistently over the next five years—is very high. I think we'll end up looking back on Thomas as a very good player who had one elite career year for Boston this year, similar to the career of a guy like Tiny Archibald.

Heediot
03-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Jokic

Done Deal. End the thread.

Vee-Rex
03-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Kevin Durant.

ewing
03-30-2017, 12:49 PM
I love Thomas, but let's not confuse being a top 5 MVP candidate with being a top 5 player. He's produced well enough this season to belong in the top 5 dicussion, but I wouldn't say the likelihood of him repeating his production from this season again—much less consistently over the next five years—is very high. I think we'll end up looking back on Thomas as a very good player who had one elite career year for Boston this year, similar to the career of a guy like Tiny Archibald.

That's exactly what it means. I think the fact that he is really mainly a scorer who needs the ball and Boston is should be able to add other scorers will likely eat away at his production the next couple years. Still right now he is top 5. Dude is getting it done.

Vee-Rex
03-30-2017, 12:55 PM
That's exactly what it means. I think the fact that he is really mainly a scorer who needs the ball and Boston is should be able to add other scorers will likely eat away at his production the next couple years. Still right now he is top 5. Dude is getting it done.

So you'd put IT over:

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Leonard
Harden

???

Not to mention Westbrook, Paul, Davis, etc...

I understand considering IT as a top 5 MVP candidate but he's not a top 5 player in the NBA at all.

tredigs
03-30-2017, 12:58 PM

No, it's not. Nobody would confuse IT with being a better player than Kevin Durant or Curry, despite being close to or ahead of them in an MVP race. If he ends up higher than LBJ, ditto him as well. He's playing very good offensive basketball for a team asking him to shoot 20 times a night, but no, he is not a top 5 player. MVP is about a single narrative for one regular season.

mightybosstone
03-30-2017, 01:08 PM
So you'd put IT over:

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Leonard
Harden

???

I understand considering IT as a top 5 MVP candidate but he's not a top 5 player in the NBA at all.

No, it's not. Nobody would confuse IT with being a better player than Kevin Durant or Curry, despite being close to or ahead of them in an MVP race. If he ends up higher than LBJ, ditto him as well. He's playing very good offensive basketball for a team asking him to shoot 20 times a night, but no, he is not a top 5 player. MVP is about a single narrative for one regular season.
:nod:

Hawkeye15
03-30-2017, 01:25 PM

being a top 5 player takes more than a flash in the pants man. Was Rose really ever a top 5 player? Was Nash really ever a top 5 player? Iverson? I generally agree with your premise, but there have been some MVP's that weren't really top 5 players, they just happened to have a great single season, or the year was weak, or had a story linked to it.

Thomas isn't a top 5 player. No way in hell actually

ewing
03-30-2017, 02:44 PM
So you'd put IT over:

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Leonard
Harden

???

LeBron isn't a top 5 player in the league. Look at all the help and his team is still looking up at Boston.

ewing
03-30-2017, 02:45 PM

and this thread is about 5 single narratives for 5 years :shrug:

valade16
03-30-2017, 02:48 PM
LeBron isn't a top 5 player in the league. Look at all the help and his team is still looking up at Boston.

As opposed to IT who has no help up there in Boston. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trade everyone on Boston except IT for everyone on Cleveland except James.

Yanks All Day
03-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Cleveland is in 1st in the East...

mightybosstone
03-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Mmm... But Lebron doesn't earn the title of "best player on the planet" in the regular season. If you want to anoint IT the better regular season player based on the sample size of this season thus far, OK. I'd disagree, but it's at least debatable. But Lebron has unequivocally been the best postseason player in the league during his time in the NBA. I don't think there are a lot of betters out there would would take Boston over Cleveland in a seven-game series right now.

and this thread is about 5 single narratives for 5 years :shrug:
Except it's not. It's about the who the best player(s) is/are over the course of the next five years. Even if we argue that IT was a top 5 player this season (which I wouldn't), the likelihood that he's going to keep this up over the next five years is extremely unlikely. They have a ton of young talent and they're about to have either more young talent or some other superstar that they trade for. Either way, it's going to eat into Thomas' offensive production. And if he's not scoring 28-30 points a night, there's not a chance in hell he's even in this conversation.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trade everyone on Boston except IT for everyone on Cleveland except James.
That's debatable, but you could make a pretty strong case here. Boston doesn't have a great No. 2 like Lebron has in Kyrie, but they've got some damn fine No. 3 type guys in Horford and Bradley. Crowder is an excellent 3 and D player that Lebron would kill to play next to, and there's some legitimate depth on that team with young guys like Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and Olynyk.

For top end talent, Cleveland is obviously more stacked. But for depth and fit, Boston has a damn fine roster.

MygirlhatesCod
03-30-2017, 03:39 PM
its either Curry or KD!

if Curry got hurt instead of KD would they still be playing as well is a better debate.

FlashBolt
03-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Are we talking about the best player in the regular season in which you're playing against a deplorable team that is tanking or are we talking about the best player when it's all said and done? That's easily LeBron for the next year or two. There's no player that turns the tide and has such an impact almost unmatched by anyone outside the top ten greatest players. If we're talking about five whole years (playoffs included), I gotta go with Anthony Davis. Surround him with shooters and defenders and this guy has a chance to be one of the All-Time Greats. Giannis's game is a bit too raw still. I feel he needs more than just a few seasons to develop his game. Right now, he's just dominating with his length. The mental aspect of the game is going to be a struggle for him just because he relies too much on his physical stature.

FlashBolt
03-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Some of you act like LeBron had a healthy Cavs team all season. Right now, it's evidently clear the Cavs are more focused on health rather than seeding. They know they can turn the switch on if they have to but that doesn't happen if your players are hobbling in the playoffs. And some of you are ignoring just how much talent Boston has. Crowder/Horford/Smart (who is easily one of the better perimeter guards in the NBA), Bradley (who has taken a huge leap in offensive ability while being their leading rebounder. His defense has slowed down a bit but they need him to become an offensive weapon at this point). I actually think LeBron in the Celtics in exchange for Thomas would be a better team than the Cavs. They might not have the shooters but they're a much tougher team defensively and they have guys who can make plays.

ewing
03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
As opposed to IT who has no help up there in Boston. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trade everyone on Boston except IT for everyone on Cleveland except James.

Age and contracts aside I absolutely would. This James guy leads a team that was Vegas' preseason favorite to a title and its the biggest upset ever. Maybe he's the guy that more narrative then substance

FlashBolt
03-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Age and contracts aside I absolutely would. This James guy leads a team that was Vegas' preseason favorite to a title and its the biggest upset ever. Maybe he's the guy that more narrative then substance

Preseason odds doesn't take into account what actually happens during the season.. in which Warriors were running over every team by wide margins in route to a 73-9 record.. If you actually thought the majority believed Cavs would beat the Warriors, you are lying to yourself. I'd be willing to bet money you'd rather bet on the Warriors than the Cavs.. and the odds changed drastically once everyone was put on notice just how great the Warriors were. Go check the odds after the Warriors were leading 3-1... you'll be lucky to find someone willing to bet their dollars on the cavs.

ewing
03-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Preseason odds doesn't take into account what actually happens during the season.. in which Warriors were running over every team by wide margins in route to a 73-9 record.. If you actually thought the majority believed Cavs would beat the Warriors, you are lying to yourself. I'd be willing to bet money you'd rather bet on the Warriors than the Cavs.. and the odds changed drastically once everyone was put on notice just how great the Warriors were. Go check the odds after the Warriors were leading 3-1... you'll be lucky to find someone willing to bet their dollars on the cavs.

Go find the threads I told everyone on here the Cavs had a very good chance last year. I think clev would run through Boston in a series. Boston is just to predictable. The Wizards on the other hand can take out the Cavs this year

valade16
03-30-2017, 10:49 PM

I get your point but consider the mental gymnastics you have to go through to say LeBron winning the title is not substance.

ewing
03-30-2017, 11:24 PM
I get your point but consider the mental gymnastics you have to go through to say LeBron winning the title is not substance.

he played like an all time great to close that series. that's a fact. he also gets a lot of spin

lamar2006
03-31-2017, 04:16 AM
KAT
AD
Booker
Ingram
Leonard

WaDe03
03-31-2017, 09:49 AM
LeBron isn't too 5 at what? We can't be talking about basketball.

To answer this question, LeBron.

RocketLoc80
03-31-2017, 11:28 AM
Does KD take thr title if the Warriors win the Finals and beat the Cavs?

WaDe03
03-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Does KD take thr title if the Warriors win the Finals and beat the Cavs?

No. he's the 2nd best player in the world and joined a team that went 73-9 with the 2 time reigning MVP and 2 other all star players, if they don't win there's a problem. I don't even think it adds to his legacy.

BoSox47
03-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Giannis, Kawhi, KAT