10:30PM
TNT

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Spurs by 40

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Spurs by 40

Ha.. No way... W/the Cavs, is it Lebron looking like he's just ready for the playoffs? I know that happens a lot with him/his teams, or are there some real concerns?

tredigs
03-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Ha.. No way... W/the Cavs, is it Lebron looking like he's just ready for the playoffs? I know that happens a lot with him/his teams, or are there some real concerns?

Can't think of a team playing worse defense than the Cavs. Though they'll ramp up the effort, it's a tough habit to break entering the playoffs. And they have guys like Korver who could give all the effort in the world and still be rivaled by a napkin as a defender.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Can't think of a team playing worse defense than the Cavs. Though they'll ramp up the effort, it's a tough habit to break entering the playoffs. And they have guys like Korver who could give all the effort in the world and still be rivaled by a napkin as a defender.

I think I saw they're like either last or near the bottom defensively this month.

It'll be interesting, I feel like I've seen this before with Lebron's teams and they usually turn it on when needed. I guess we'll see how it goes, but who knows what route they get in the playoffs. It won't be anything crazy tough, but maybe tougher than years past.

SfgiantsJD3
03-27-2017, 04:51 PM
As much as I would like the CAV's to give the Warriors some help I just can't root for them, Go Spurs, help Boston.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 07:06 PM
I think I saw they're like either last or near the bottom defensively this month.

It'll be interesting, I feel like I've seen this before with Lebron's teams and they usually turn it on when needed. I guess we'll see how it goes, but who knows what route they get in the playoffs. It won't be anything crazy tough, but maybe tougher than years past.

If there's a game they should want to step up it's this one. Just got tied by the Celtics for the 1 seed and this is a game with some past behind it. We'll see. I'm not betting today but I'd be on the Spurs side -4.5.

Edit: And yes, 2nd worst defensive rating since the All-Star Break. Season ends in 2 weeks.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 08:30 PM
No disrespect to Bron, but I worry far more about Kyrie than I do him these days. I feel like if we can keep Kyrie in check, we'll have a very good chance at winning. Guy is just a wizard with the ball

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Missing too many open shots.

Hope this is a big game for Kyrie though.

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Spurs on pace for the 40 point blowout after 1 quarter. :laugh2:

tredigs
03-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Yeah I don't see how this Cavs team was going to compete with San Antonio. Teams playing at completely different levels.

I'd like to see a gear switch and have that change later tonight but it's tough to imagine. Just such a bad defensive team right now.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Such a terrible call haha. LeBron been complaining, it was bound to happen

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Yeah I don't see how this Cavs team was going to compete with San Antonio. Teams playing at completely different levels.

I'd like to see a gear switch and have that change later tonight but it's tough to imagine. Just such a bad defensive team right now.

Yeah, I agree.

Honestly, Spurs perimeter defense hasn't been super impressive. Cavs are getting open looks beyond the arc. It won't matter though if they keep abusing our defense.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:03 PM
That nonsense + Pop's T gave a bit of a momentum shift.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I agree.

Honestly, Spurs perimeter defense hasn't been super impressive. Cavs are getting open looks beyond the arc. It won't matter though if they keep abusing our defense.

Kawhi is slowing down LeBron, so that's always good. To this point they've done a decent job on Irving.

Their recovery time has been slow because they're trying to trap or double, so that's where the open looks are coming from imo. But their individual D on the perimeter has looked pretty good

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I agree.

Welp, their perimeter defense just kicked into a higher gear lol.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Kawhi is just giving LeBron all kinds of fits

tredigs
03-27-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm having betters remorse not dumping on San Antonio tonight. -5 seemed like an undo respect line for Cleveland.

KobeOwnSU
03-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Anybody see on First Take this morning, Kobe say Kawhi is his favorite player to watch in the league?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
03-27-2017, 09:18 PM
If the Cavs didn't just clinch the playoffs recently I'd be worried about missing the postseason :laugh2:

tredigs
03-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Kawhi is so refreshing. He's a silent assassin and it doesn't even feel like an act what so ever.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:21 PM
Anybody see on First Take this morning, Kobe say Kawhi is his favorite player to watch in the league?

I caught that. He noted the similarities of Kawhi's sweet spots and his own. Some of his stuff looks very Kobe/MJ like.

KobeOwnSU
03-27-2017, 09:24 PM
I caught that. He noted the similarities of Kawhi's sweet spots and his own. Some of his stuff looks very Kobe/MJ like.
Yeah. The evolution of his post and elbow game is very MJ/Kobe like.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Kawhi is so refreshing. He's a silent assassin and it doesn't even feel like an act what so ever.

Yea def not an act. He's just wired so differently. Match made in heaven for him and the Spurs.

KobeOwnSU
03-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Yea def not an act. He's just wired so differently. Match made in heaven for him and the Spurs.
Yeah. He's been this way his whole life. He went to the same HS ad my brother and I. My brother knew him a little bit because they were both athletes and only a grade apart. I guess some people are just wired like that from the beginning.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
Yeah. He's been this way his whole life. He went to the same HS ad my brother and I. My brother knew him a little bit because they were both athletes and only a grade apart. I guess some people are just wired like that from the beginning.

That's actually insane that "California Mr. Basketball" Kawhi Leonard was never a cocky person if true. And now he's a top 10 player in the NBA (could argue him all the way up the list) and still just pushing/quietly getting better.

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 09:38 PM

That's pretty awesome. I'm curious how he was in HS, but just doesn't seem like a guy who would be an attention whore and super arrogant like a lot of athletes are in HS/College

KobeOwnSU
03-27-2017, 09:40 PM
That's actually insane that "California Mr. Basketball" Kawhi Leonard was never a cocky person if true. And now he's a top 10 player in the NBA (could argue him all the way up the list) and still just pushing/quietly getting better.
I think anyone that plays at his level has some sort of ego but has always seemed pretty down to earth even in High School. That team was sick BTW. We had Tony Snell as well haha and their were a couple guys who I thought would be better then Tony but never panned out in college.

KobeOwnSU
03-27-2017, 09:45 PM
That's pretty awesome. I'm curious how he was in HS, but just doesn't seem like a guy who would be an attention whore and super arrogant like a lot of athletes are in HS/College
Haha much like Pop, my brother says he didn't say much at all.

ewing
03-27-2017, 10:01 PM
How is Manu right now? He has looked so done at times but I haven't watched the Spurs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdspurman
03-27-2017, 10:07 PM
How is Manu right now? He has looked so done at times but I haven't watched the Spurs this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's been well overall. Pau off the bench has definitely helped take the scoring pressure off cause Patty was struggling too. He said shooting the ball well and still has some magic Manu moments. But there are some games his age shows

Bostonjorge
03-27-2017, 10:16 PM
James walking out on his team.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Not buying the Lebron injury. At the same time I don't blame him for wanting to get outta there.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-27-2017, 10:46 PM
37th triple double for Westy.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-27-2017, 11:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7-PXgeU8AIzSxq.jpg:large

I think I found a Warrior fan from this site.

tredigs
03-27-2017, 11:00 PM
That 4th quarter by Russ (game winner as well) was incredible and definitely MVP worthy. Dude has an admirable motor+will.

Scoots
03-28-2017, 01:01 PM
James walking out on his team.

What was with all that rolling around? That didn't look like much of an impact at all.

Scoots
03-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Spurs by 40

:rolleyes:

That said, the Cavs have 3 tanking teams in their next 5 games so they will be fine as far as playoff seeding goes.

kdspurman
03-28-2017, 01:07 PM
What was with all that rolling around? That didn't look like much of an impact at all.

I couldn't figure it out either. I saw some contact, and I know certain parts of the body hurt more than others. But I was so confused as to what that whole ordeal was about.

Wonder if he tries to get Lee suspended

Scoots
03-28-2017, 01:17 PM
I couldn't figure it out either. I saw some contact, and I know certain parts of the body hurt more than others. But I was so confused as to what that whole ordeal was about.

LeBron is such an incredible player ... his non-bball actions really bug me sometimes.

By the way, saw a stat you'd like. In their similar number of games from the start of their careers DeMarcus Cousins has 111 TIMES more technical fouls than Kawhi does :)

kdspurman
03-28-2017, 01:28 PM
LeBron is such an incredible player ... his non-bball actions really bug me sometimes.

By the way, saw a stat you'd like. In their similar number of games from the start of their careers DeMarcus Cousins has 111 TIMES more technical fouls than Kawhi does :)

Same here.

And wow.. That's incredible. I think to this point he also has more steals than fouls. But the technicals is impressive because there are times he's not getting the type of respect other guys get, and I see he gets frustrated, but he isn't a demonstrative guy.

Chronz
03-28-2017, 01:50 PM

I dont think it was anything Lee did. I just saw a stinger from an awkward jump but yeah he might be faking it.

kdspurman
03-28-2017, 02:01 PM
I dont think it was anything Lee did. I just saw a stinger from an awkward jump but yeah he might be faking it.

Well Lee caught him with an elbow, but the reaction by James seemed over the top.

Scoots
03-28-2017, 02:56 PM
It's not like we don't know LeBron is willing to exaggerate to get an advantage. :)

Vee-Rex
03-28-2017, 04:34 PM
It's not like we don't know LeBron is willing to exaggerate to get an advantage. :)

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17522732_1708528932508957_140491399332300030_n.jpg ?oh=02409801bedfa08ab738f08e518ae0f5&oe=596D2EB4