Clippers @ Mavs
8:30PM

Grizzlies @ Spurs
8:30PM

Knicks @ Blazers
10:00PM

tredigs
03-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Nets now with more wins this month than the Cavs.

ewing
03-23-2017, 11:54 PM
Nets now with more wins this month than the Cavs.

turn on the college games. for **** sake are you watching the Nets????

HandsOnTheWheel
03-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Who in their right mind watches the Nets?

tredigs
03-24-2017, 12:00 AM
turn on the college games. for **** sake are you watching the Nets????

Who said I watched it? Lol.

But the college games despite being close on a couple aren't the best TV (The West Virginia foul fest was tough to stomach at times). Only game I was really interested in tonight was Kansas/Butler, but that turned into a snoozer. I'll be watching UCLA/Kentucky tomorrow though.

LA4life24/8
03-24-2017, 12:02 AM
I cant believe the suns got annihilated by the nets... thats a joke... why did the suns deactivate bledsoe knight and Chandler? Kinda bogus to me.. and before yall say the lakers deactivated players too...

Theres a big differencr between deactivating mozgoz and dung and deactivating bledsoe knight and Chandler... what a joke

tredigs
03-24-2017, 12:10 AM
I cant believe the suns got annihilated by the nets... thats a joke... why did the suns deactivate bledsoe knight and Chandler? Kinda bogus to me.. and before yall say the lakers deactivated players too...

Theres a big differencr between deactivating mozgoz and dung and deactivating bledsoe knight and Chandler... what a joke

There's not really a big difference. They're just all outright tanking. Mozgov/Deng obviously suck at this point but it still kills their depth. They're 3-18 without Moz and 1-10 without both. A once proud Lakers franchise battling it out for last place. Sad times.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 12:57 AM
OK the last few minutes of Xavier/Zona was pretty great.

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2017, 12:59 AM
Hilarious, trying to take the Cali belt not even half way there.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 01:09 AM
Hilarious, trying to take the Cali belt not even half way there.

Cute. You guys don't even have the LA belt any more.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-24-2017, 01:23 AM
lol

HandsOnTheWheel
03-24-2017, 01:29 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18988517/golden-state-warriors-matt-barnes-says-try-kill-former-team-sacramento-kings

Lol smh Matt Barnes

tredigs
03-24-2017, 01:39 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18988517/golden-state-warriors-matt-barnes-says-try-kill-former-team-sacramento-kings

Lol smh Matt Barnes
Wants to beat the team that treated him like **** (to be fair, treats everyone like ****) by 50.

Oh, you took "want to kill them" literally lol...

HandsOnTheWheel
03-24-2017, 01:47 AM
Wants to beat the team that treated him like **** (to be fair, treats everyone like ****) by 50.

Guy seems to stir things up on teams. Not sure I'd want him as a fan on a team that has the potential for fragile chemistry especially with Durant coming back.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Guy seems to stir things up on teams. Not sure I'd want him as a fan on a team that has the potential for fragile chemistry especially with Durant coming back.

Fragile chemistry? Come again?

I like Barnes on the Warriors (again). Tough player and loves this team. Though hopefully he's not more than a spot minute player here and there after KD comes back.

Saddletramp
03-24-2017, 02:04 AM

Well, it is Matt Barnes. That guy is just stupid enough to do something like that.

Because of Draymond being such a prick I used to think, "do the Warriors have the biggest shitbag in the NBA playing for them?" Since Barnes joined them, the answer is clearly yes. Take your pick.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 02:13 AM
Well, it is Matt Barnes. That guy is just stupid enough to do something like that.

Because of Draymond being such a prick I used to think, "do the Warriors have the biggest shitbag in the NBA playing for them?" Since Barnes joined them, the answer is clearly yes. Take your pick.
D- trolling attempt on this one tramp. Hit the sack and give it another go tomorrow.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-24-2017, 02:22 AM
Fragile chemistry? Come again?

I like Barnes on the Warriors (again). Tough player and loves this team. Though hopefully he's not more than a spot minute player here and there after KD comes back.

Just messin with ya bro! Lol

Saddletramp
03-24-2017, 03:01 AM
D- trolling attempt on this one tramp. Hit the sack and give it another go tomorrow.

D- trolling? How? Barnes is the biggest piece of trash to play in the NBA for I don't know how long. And Draymond is getting up there with nut kicking, overreactions to fouls to hurt his team and by slapping a college player and giving the "You know who I am?" bullsh-t. Not even trolling, it's the truth.

Stop homering all the goddamn time. You've become even more insufferable lately, and I didn't think that that was possible. Talk about trolling? You're salty *** is still butt hurt that you troll the Cavs every chance you get.

D- trolling? That was an F statement from an F homer. **** outta here.

LA4life24/8
03-24-2017, 09:25 AM
There's not really a big difference. They're just all outright tanking. Mozgov/Deng obviously suck at this point but it still kills their depth. They're 3-18 without Moz and 1-10 without both. A once proud Lakers franchise battling it out for last place. Sad times.

Yes but they are older, i get if the suns shut down chandler and another old dude, fine... but knight and bledsoe? Their reasoning was so young guys could get more minutes, but bledsoe and knight arent that old and need minutes to gel with these other guys too.

The lakers arent tanking they really are sadly just this bad this year but at least we trot out our decent players. The suns (other than book) trottin out garbage. They started a dude who had played 11 minutes by the all star break. Ridiculous

tredigs
03-24-2017, 02:28 PM
D- trolling? How? Barnes is the biggest piece of trash to play in the NBA for I don't know how long. And Draymond is getting up there with nut kicking, overreactions to fouls to hurt his team and by slapping a college player and giving the "You know who I am?" bullsh-t. Not even trolling, it's the truth.

Stop homering all the goddamn time. You've become even more insufferable lately, and I didn't think that that was possible. Talk about trolling? You're salty *** is still butt hurt that you troll the Cavs every chance you get.

D- trolling? That was an F statement from an F homer. **** outta here.

"Stop homering and accept me ******** on your team and its players at every turn you ****ing homer!!!".

Lmfao - You, Flash and a cast of others are just insufferable morons who make it a healthy portion of their daily take to attempt to **** on the Dubs and/or other players league wide. It just sucks because you're SO ****ing lame and have not an ounce of poignancy or humor behind it. The definition of the dumb internet troll(s). And your culture of "fandom" is why I stopped bothering with the insightful conversation on this site outside of the even smaller handful of smart posters still worth discussing the game with on here. I'm well aware that my posting took a nose dive on here, there are very few left to talk hoops with. The trolls took over the asylum and you turned this place into a cess pool.

Saddletramp
03-24-2017, 06:00 PM
I haven't been trolling anyone daily. I have seen you take potshots just about daily on the Cavs. You're the biggest troll here aside from your boy lol and thankfully he goes missing for a week at a time. You used to be pretty insightful, now you're just another homer troll with nothing much to offer. Go back to whatever forum you were "checking out" last year about this time and do us all a favor.

Seriously, if you hate this place so much, bugger off. You know how many posts of yours I see on a daily basis that are just plain awful? You're either completely trolling, baiting or talking so much **** that I've mostly tuned you out. Just awful.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 08:09 PM
I haven't been trolling anyone daily. I have seen you take potshots just about daily on the Cavs. You're the biggest troll here aside from your boy lol and thankfully he goes missing for a week at a time. You used to be pretty insightful, now you're just another homer troll with nothing much to offer. Go back to whatever forum you were "checking out" last year about this time and do us all a favor.

Seriously, if you hate this place so much, bugger off. You know how many posts of yours I see on a daily basis that are just plain awful? You're either completely trolling, baiting or talking so much **** that I've mostly tuned you out. Just awful.
Lmfao - and have you EVER been confused for being insightful? I've certainly never noticed you until you started baiting every Warriors thread I was a part of on this site.

Saddletramp
03-24-2017, 08:49 PM
Lmfao - and have you EVER been confused for being insightful? I've certainly never noticed you until you started baiting every Warriors thread I was a part of on this site.

Spoken like a true homer, lol. **** outta here.

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Charlotte has benefited from so many lucky bounces that I'm just sick to my stomach right now.

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 09:28 PM
Bellineli is so dirty. Ugh I can't stand that dude.

More-Than-Most
03-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Super Dario is killing the tank... : (

More-Than-Most
03-24-2017, 09:30 PM
Dario/Simmons/TLC/Embiid and whomever we draft this year... FEAR IT... ****ING FEAR IT lol

zn23
03-24-2017, 09:32 PM
His excellency, Lord Jokic, put on a highlight reel for the ages against poor Myles Turner and the Pacers.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 09:44 PM
Charlotte has benefited from so many lucky bounces that I'm just sick to my stomach right now.

Do you want the Cavs to get the 1 seed? From the looks of it, it might actually be the tougher road. Could be looking at Heat > Raptors > Celtics before the Finals. That's not as easy for the East, especially if Lowry is back and healthy.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 09:54 PM
College Basketball game of the year right now. Pretty excited to see Ball V Fox.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Crazy that the PG position is getting 2 more superstars in the making next year.

zn23
03-24-2017, 10:02 PM
College Basketball game of the year right now. Pretty excited to see Ball V Fox.

Meh, College basketball is wack.

I'd rather watch a regular season NBA game than an elite eight or final four matchup w/e it is.

College basketball too often comes down which team is the better three point shooting team. It's not pretty to watch either.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Meh, College basketball is wack.

I'd rather watch a regular season NBA game than an elite eight or final four matchup w/e it is.

College basketball too often comes down which team is the better three point shooting team. It's not pretty to watch either.

I don't like College ball, but this is a game worth watching.

PS: Devin Booker has 65 points against Boston right now. Not a typo.

zn23
03-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Yea wow, Devin Booker with 65 points... impressive.

His overall game isn't very good though, but he can definitely score.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:12 PM
LOL this mother ****er put up 70!

Joins D Rob and Kobe as the only NBA players to put up 70 in the modern era (see: post Wilt). Insane.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:13 PM
And yes he was 100% stat-padding (even chucking up bricks down 10 with no time to go at the end there), but hey how often do you get a chance at 70.

Teeboy1487
03-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Devin Booker at 20 years of age dropped 70 points. Insane :speechless:. Wish we drafted him instead of Russell.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:22 PM
If IT wasn't considered the worst defender in the NBA before tonight, he probably is after a 20 yr old dropped 70 on him lol.

8 boards and 6 assists for Booker btw. Hilariously well rounded game. USG% approximately 500%.

zn23
03-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Devin Booker at 20 years of age dropped 70 points. Insane :speechless:. Wish we drafted him instead of Russell.

Russell, if he gets his head right, has more upside than Booker.

I can't see Booker being anything more than 25-4-4 on sub 45% shooting type of guy at his peak. He'll get you points but nothing else. Doesn't play great defense and is inefficient as well.

zn23
03-24-2017, 10:26 PM
BTW James Harden had another MVP caliber performance.

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:37 PM

Lol 38/7/17 with efficiency and just 3 TO's. You could say that.

The #'s being put up in the league this season are ridiculous. I mentioned it earlier, but does this take some luster away from Westbrook's triple-double when league wide numbers are just going ape-**** this season?

Westbrook aside, Harden's total of 19 right now would be the most in the modern era (IE no Wilt/Oscar and the inflated pace) and even including them is already 8th All-Time. We got Center's like Jokic starting half a season and putting top-25 All-Time (modern era) triple-double numbers lol. 'Bron's putting up his career high in 3X2's at age 32. Hell Elfrid Payton and Julius Randle each have 3+ triple doubles this year. It does seem to be very watered down, though I'm not sure why it is this season in particular.

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:38 PM

I can't see Booker being anything more than 25-4-4 on sub 45% shooting type of guy at his peak. He'll get you points but nothing else. Doesn't play great defense and is inefficient as well.

Booker/Russell is certainly an interesting comparison ... right now I like Booker's attitude better.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&hint=D%27Angelo+Russell&player_id1_select=D%27Angelo+Russell&player_id1=russeda01&hint=Devin+Booker&player_id2_select=Devin+Booker&player_id2=bookede01

tredigs
03-24-2017, 10:41 PM

Though more efficient and a better defender than Russell. Similar talent floor/ceiling, too early to tell for me.

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:45 PM
Booker's 70 is impressive ... but independent of the team I follow, in many ways Klay Thompson's 60 is more impressive. Klay took 7 fewer shots, 15 fewer free throws, played 16 minutes less, had a +/- 43 higher, and won the game by 36 points.

That said, good on Booker ... there are things about his confidence that remind me of Kobe ... not his game, but his certainty that he is "great".

lol, please
03-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Warriors looking good early....great ball movement. League - watch out.

lol, please
03-24-2017, 10:59 PM

Give me Klay over Harden or Booker.

More-Than-Most
03-25-2017, 12:09 AM
i cant wait till someone falls for ball and gets raped... its so ****ing dumb how overrated he already is... i am not sure id even want him in the top 4 let alone being argued against fultz.

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 12:12 AM
Give me Klay over Harden or Booker.

Your level of homerism has been laughable for years, but I have to admit that your commitment to ignorance is almost commendable. You do you, man.

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 12:16 AM

The thing that scares me the most is that Ryno went down at the end of that game with an ankle sprain, and it looks like he's going to miss Sunday's game against OKC. I'd like to think that one game over the course of 82 doesn't matter that much to voters, but I'd be naive to think that Sunday's game isn't probably the most important regular season game of the season in regards to the MVP vote.

But if there's a silver lining, it's that Harden is arguably playing his best basketball of the season right now. The man has been on fire over the last couple of weeks. So I'm hoping that bodes well for his chances of showing up on Sunday.

More-Than-Most
03-25-2017, 12:34 AM
Your level of homerism has been laughable for years, but I have to admit that your commitment to ignorance is almost commendable. You do you, man.

Id take klay over both as well lol

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 12:50 AM
Holy ****. Is anyone watching Wisconsin and Florida? What a game. That 3-pointer by Wisconsin that put it into overtime was insane. Then Florida just came back when Rick Barry's kid got a huge block in transition and Florida turned it into a 4-point swing with a layup on the other end. We could go into double OT for a chance at the Elite Eight...

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 12:53 AM
Whoah.... That was the game of the tournament. Un****ingbelievable.

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 12:53 AM

You're entitled to your horrible opinion. :shrug:

zn23
03-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Lol 38/7/17 with efficiency and just 3 TO's. You could say that.

The #'s being put up in the league this season are ridiculous. I mentioned it earlier, but does this take some luster away from Westbrook's triple-double when league wide numbers are just going ape-**** this season?

Westbrook aside, Harden's total of 19 right now would be the most in the modern era (IE no Wilt/Oscar and the inflated pace) and even including them is already 8th All-Time. We got Center's like Jokic starting half a season and putting top-25 All-Time (modern era) triple-double numbers lol. 'Bron's putting up his career high in 3X2's at age 32. Hell Elfrid Payton and Julius Randle each have 3+ triple doubles this year. It does seem to be very watered down, though I'm not sure why it is this season in particular.

I think players are getting better and the game is evolving. Now pretty much every position has to be able to handle the ball and have a jump shot.

6 years ago you could get away with having a point guard like Rondo and Rubio run your team, now if you're starting those two you're probably not doing well. Although Rubio has been playing better, but the point stands. The game is improving and evolving.

The same goes for centers. You can't just get away with just being a tall guy who can dunk. You need to be able to do other things.

Pfeifer
03-25-2017, 01:39 AM
Whoah.... That was the game of the tournament. Un****ingbelievable.

That was awesome. Cant believe the winning shot, was not expecting it. The block before was huge and the kid shooting granny free throws. So good.

Pfeifer
03-25-2017, 01:40 AM

Booker maybe but honestly Harden?

More-Than-Most
03-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Booker maybe but honestly Harden?

yup... klays defense and shooting mean more to me... Much more

JAZZNC
03-25-2017, 02:35 AM
Why do people make out like Klay plays Kawhi level defense? And yeah Klay can shoot but it's not like Harden is Ricky Rubio! The Warriors are probably the only team in the NBA that would want Klay over Harden (and that's even arfuable). It's not debatable who's the better player and by a pretty wide margin. Thompson can get hotter than any player I've ever seen on a given night but he just isn't nearly the overall talent that Harden is.

More-Than-Most
03-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Why do people make out like Klay plays Kawhi level defense? And yeah Klay can shoot but it's not like Harden is Ricky Rubio! The Warriors are probably the only team in the NBA that would want Klay over Harden (and that's even arfuable). It's not debatable who's the better player and by a pretty wide margin. Thompson can get hotter than any player I've ever seen on a given night but he just isn't nearly the overall talent that Harden is.

Really? You think Harden would be 2nd fiddle on another team ever again? Harden would never fit with the warriors or spurs etc etc etc... Klay isnt Kawhi no doubt but Harden is a bad defender... He just is... I know people think because of his mvp level play this year that he has gotten better on defense but he really hasnt. Klay is a really good defender.. Harden isnt... Klay plays 2nd fiddle but can go insane... Hardens passing and ability to get to the line is 2nd to none... Its a toss up but id prefer a guy who always tries on defense.

JAZZNC
03-25-2017, 04:14 AM
What team would he be second fiddle other than GS, CLE, and possibly the Spurs? And even then I'd imagine he'd for quite nicely with LeBron and Kawhi. I guarantee GM LeBron would rather have Harden than Kyrie. I dunno, I just feel like Harden is the much better player even with Klays above average D.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Bucks with the win over Hawks. Record wise were tied for 5th seed. But Hawks own the tie breaker for head to head match ups on the season. Bucks play Bulls next.

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 09:28 AM
yup... klays defense and shooting mean more to me... Much more
That's insane. Klay is a basically just an excellent 3 and D guy (I realize that's an oversimplification, but I'm not totally off base). Harden is a production juggernaut who can run an entire offense like a well-oiled machine and score at will from anywhere on the floor. Harden is in an entirely different class of basketball player than Thompson, and practically every statistic on the planet backs me up. But even if you never used stats, a simple eye test from a handful of basketball games of the two players would easily tell you who the better, more valuable player is.

Like I said, you're totally entitled to your opinion, but this is a case where I don't think you have a leg to stand on. There isn't an NBA executive analyst or executive on the planet who would rather have Klay over Harden in a vacuum.

mightybosstone
03-25-2017, 09:38 AM
Really? You think Harden would be 2nd fiddle on another team ever again? Harden would never fit with the warriors or spurs etc etc etc... Klay isnt Kawhi no doubt but Harden is a bad defender... He just is... I know people think because of his mvp level play this year that he has gotten better on defense but he really hasnt. Klay is a really good defender.. Harden isnt... Klay plays 2nd fiddle but can go insane... Hardens passing and ability to get to the line is 2nd to none... Its a toss up but id prefer a guy who always tries on defense.

:laugh: Pop would snatch up Harden in a heartbeat. The two actually have a good relationship from their time with Team USA, and he would ****ing love having Harden run his offense. And I guarantee you that if Curry and/or Green weren't in Golden State, the Warriors would absolutely prefer Harden to Klay. Without question.

And Klay is not some otherworldly defender. He's very good, but he wouldn't crack my top 10 perimeter defenders in the league. Harden has been average this season, and I could make a damn strong case that he's been slighly above average. The difference in defense, which would account for maybe a handful of points over the course of a game (and that's worst case scenario) does not make up for the literally dozens of extra points that Harden is responsible for over the course of an NBA game.

To put what you're saying into perspective, would you rather have Klay that Magic Johnson or Steve Nash? Because Harden's season is on par or better than pretty much anything those guys were capable of at their peaks.

mgjohnson7851
03-25-2017, 10:12 AM
No one in their right mind would take Klay over Harden. It's not even close. And that's not a knock against Thompson.... Harden is just so damn good.

kdspurman
03-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Booker's 70 is impressive ... but independent of the team I follow, in many ways Klay Thompson's 60 is more impressive. Klay took 7 fewer shots, 15 fewer free throws, played 16 minutes less, had a +/- 43 higher, and won the game by 36 points.

That said, good on Booker ... there are things about his confidence that remind me of Kobe ... not his game, but his certainty that he is "great".

I don't remember the specifics, but how many of Klay's points were created by him vs assisted? I know catching and shooting you expend far less energy .

I mean Booker had 51 in the 2nd half lol

tp13baby
03-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Crazy that the PG position is getting 2 more superstars in the making next year.

You only have 2? I got 3 minimum maybe as many as 4 or 5.

Vee-Rex
03-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Do you want the Cavs to get the 1 seed? From the looks of it, it might actually be the tougher road. Could be looking at Heat > Raptors > Celtics before the Finals. That's not as easy for the East, especially if Lowry is back and healthy.

I mainly want to just be healthy for the playoffs. I think I'd rather face the strongest in the East since I think it'll help gear us up for the finals, so #1 seed would be my choice. But I wouldn't be mad with #2 if we're healthy.

Scoots
03-25-2017, 04:25 PM

For the most part I agree with you. Klay's D is good and occasionally very good, but never comes close to the dominant level Kawhi lives at. If I had a team it would be Klay over Harden not because of talent or ability but because I think Klay is easier to fit in a team.

Scoots
03-25-2017, 04:39 PM
I don't remember the specifics, but how many of Klay's points were created by him vs assisted? I know catching and shooting you expend far less energy .

I mean Booker had 51 in the 2nd half lol

IIRC Klay had the ball in his hands 90 seconds for the 60 points and dribbled the ball like 11 times ... so yeah he didn't create many.

kdspurman
03-25-2017, 05:00 PM
IIRC Klay had the ball in his hands 90 seconds for the 60 points and dribbled the ball like 11 times ... so yeah he didn't create many.

Dam lol.. well it's definitely impressive in it's own right then. But tough to compare that and Booker's cause all the dribbling/energy and what not that he had to do to generate those points.

Scoots
03-25-2017, 06:18 PM
Dam lol.. well it's definitely impressive in it's own right then. But tough to compare that and Booker's cause all the dribbling/energy and what not that he had to do to generate those points.

Without a doubt.

Of the out of the blue aspects of the performances on that list of 70+ scoring games is the performance of another Warrior ... Wilt hit 28 of 32 FTs, which is amazing because he shot 51% for his career from the line.

ewing
03-26-2017, 07:46 AM

the league is set up for PGs to dominate right now.