PDA

View Full Version : Tinder's Effect on Home-Court Advantage

Dugmet
03-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Tinder is leading the NBA in assists away from home.

In an interview with ESPN the Magazine, former NBA players and current general managers said active players are now performing better on the road because they can use dating apps and social media to find sexual partners, instead of creeping at the club.

"It's absolutely true that you get at least two hours more sleep getting laid on the road today versus 15 years ago," says one former All-Star, who adds that players actually prefer Instagram to Tinder when away from home. "No schmoozing. No going out to the club. No having to get something to eat after the club but before the hotel."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18969358/tinderization-today-nba

SfgiantsJD3
03-23-2017, 03:06 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/presents18969358/tinderization-today-nba
Finally an explanation that explains why the Cavs beat the Warriors on the Road in the Championship.

Avenged
03-23-2017, 03:11 PM
I have never used Tinder so are celebrities that use it - don't see why they would - have their account verified? Because who would believe you are an NBA player in a website where I would assume a lot of people create fake accounts?

tp13baby
03-23-2017, 05:12 PM
I have never used Tinder so are celebrities that use it - don't see why they would - have their account verified? Because who would believe you are an NBA player in a website where I would assume a lot of people create fake accounts?

Yes celebrities are verified which you can also link it up with your facebook, instagram, or google. Also it does range too so I mean unless the girl is an idiot you won't be hitting up KD in Brooklyn nightly.

More-Than-Most
03-23-2017, 05:54 PM
I have been saying this for years... HCA is the biggest ****ing joke in the world... it should be 3-2-2... and i went with 3 because that puts the underdog at a huge disadvantage AS IT SHOULD BE.

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:32 AM
I have been saying this for years... HCA is the biggest ****ing joke in the world... it should be 3-2-2... and i went with 3 because that puts the underdog at a huge disadvantage AS IT SHOULD BE.

I kind of like that for another aspect too ... owners will put a lot more pressure to win games if home court means 3 more home games of revenue rather than just 1. I'm all for anything that encourages owners to want to win more.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2017, 12:43 PM
Fml

Scoots
03-24-2017, 05:53 PM
A buddy who used to work for an NBA agent said players would give out his number to girls so they could coordinate through him to avoid any possible SO interactions. I wouldn't be at all surprised if NBA players have drop phones in someone elses name for it now.