View Full Version : 3/21 & 3/22 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
03-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Games for tonight...

http://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard

lol, please
03-21-2017, 09:40 PM
lol...

Don't sweat it kdspurman, I've also been slacking in the warriors forum - works been crazy lately.

tredigs
03-21-2017, 09:41 PM
First somewhat legitimate - almost - NBA fight in a LONG time back there. Ibaka and Lopez trying to punch each other in the face. Ibaka landed one off the jaw/ear.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Warriors up by double digits over the Mavericks....crickets in the NBA GDT....

#PSDgonPSD

lol, please
03-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Klay leading the charge (again) offensively.

Level of surprise on a scale of 1-10: -5.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 09:57 PM
KLAY IS WET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

lol, please
03-21-2017, 10:01 PM
So tired of watching McCaw pass up open looks.....

:facepalm:

tredigs
03-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Curry and Klay have been downright amazing the past 5 games/wins.

Curry: 26/4/6 on 49/50/100

Klay: 28/4/2 on 54/51/86

Both crushing in Dallas tonight.

LA_1
03-21-2017, 10:08 PM
Maybe no one cares about a Dallas warrior game?

tredigs
03-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Maybe no one cares about a Dallas warrior game?

You're an LA fan, you don't matter.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 10:13 PM
Curry and Klay have been downright amazing the past 5 games/wins.

Curry: 26/4/6 on 49/50/100

Klay: 28/4/2 on 54/51/86

Both crushing in Dallas tonight.

According to PSD, they disappear in the playoffs though so how much will it really matter.

:p

aman_13
03-21-2017, 10:15 PM
First somewhat legitimate - almost - NBA fight in a LONG time back there. Ibaka and Lopez trying to punch each other in the face. Ibaka landed one off the jaw/ear.

I just hope Ibaka didn't hurt his wrist.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 10:17 PM
I just hope Ibaka didn't hurt his wrist.

x2 since I have money and reputation riding on the Raptors making the finals.

:hide:

lol, please
03-21-2017, 10:46 PM
Storied Rockets vs the greatest team ever to grace a floor on Friday....what a game that's going to be, my goodness.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 10:49 PM
McCaw has 10 points?

LMAO.

Musta been before I tuned in, I honestly can't remember when the last time I saw him not defer even on an open look was. smh...

Scoots
03-21-2017, 10:54 PM
x2 since I have money and reputation riding on the Raptors making the finals.

:hide:

So ... just money then. :hide:

Scoots
03-21-2017, 10:55 PM
How did the Warriors top 9 players attempt a total of 6 free throws in an NBA game? I haven't seen the game yet but either it was terrible officiating (always an option) or REALLY soft defense.

zn23
03-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Go Bucks, Go!

mightybosstone
03-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Storied Rockets vs the greatest team ever to grace a floor on Friday....what a game that's going to be, my goodness.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here, if you're being sarcastic or trying to troll. Seriously, where did this even come from?

mightybosstone
03-21-2017, 11:40 PM

I saw it, and that came dangerously close to being a legitimate fight. But I always question why it takes both teams getting in the way before guys start swinging fists. If your goal is to punch the other guy, why are you waiting until six other guys are in your way and pulling you apart? While both punches seemed pretty legit, I very much get the feeling that neither guy really truly intended to hurt the other.

lol, please
03-21-2017, 11:45 PM
I don't understand what point you're trying to make here, if you're being sarcastic or trying to troll. Seriously, where did this even come from?

It came up on the tv during a timeout, didn't realize it was on the schedule short-term and I got fired up.

:shrug:

Two of the top teams in the league going at it right before the playoffs, it should be a heck of a game.

After the first games we played against the Raptors and Spurs, this matchup intrigues me the most.

mightybosstone
03-21-2017, 11:58 PM
It came up on the tv during a timeout, didn't realize it was on the schedule short-term and I got fired up.

:shrug:

Two of the top teams in the league going at it right before the playoffs, it should be a heck of a game.

After the first games we played against the Raptors and Spurs, this matchup intrigues me the most.

Ahh.... I see what's happening. You got the date wrong. When you said "greatest team to ever grace a floor" I assumed you were somehow poking fun at New Orleans, since that's the team Houston is playing on Friday. The Rockets and Warriors don't play until next Friday, the 31st.

Saddletramp
03-22-2017, 12:56 AM
So ... just money then. :hide:

Hahaha. True, though.

FlashBolt
03-22-2017, 01:11 AM
I saw it, and that came dangerously close to being a legitimate fight. But I always question why it takes both teams getting in the way before guys start swinging fists. If your goal is to punch the other guy, why are you waiting until six other guys are in your way and pulling you apart? While both punches seemed pretty legit, I very much get the feeling that neither guy really truly intended to hurt the other.

no one really wants to fight anyways. some loonies like Oakley and Artest but the vast majority are just trying to defend their manhood. Robin lopez seems really nice. Ibaka is a total dbag. hated him for years when he was with us. would always screw up basic plays and he's also known for being dirty.

ewing
03-22-2017, 08:15 AM
How did the Warriors top 9 players attempt a total of 6 free throws in an NBA game? I haven't seen the game yet but either it was terrible officiating (always an option) or REALLY soft defense.

they do nothing but shoot 3s

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Bucks for the win.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Ahh.... I see what's happening. You got the date wrong. When you said "greatest team to ever grace a floor" I assumed you were somehow poking fun at New Orleans, since that's the team Houston is playing on Friday. The Rockets and Warriors don't play until next Friday, the 31st.

He's also sensitive about the Cavs so he props up other teams as much as he can.

kdspurman
03-22-2017, 07:31 PM
lol...

Don't sweat it kdspurman, I've also been slacking in the warriors forum - works been crazy lately.

You feel my pain then :(

I was hoping to have time to list the games, but by the time I got home, the games had already started.

zn23
03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
So It turns out the Danilo "The Bandaid" Gallinari is out once again... At least Chandler will play.

tp13baby
03-22-2017, 09:07 PM
So It turns out the Danilo "The Bandaid" Gallinari is out once again... At least Chandler will play.

That nickname needs to be trending. Jokic is tied for 2nd in triple doubles since February 1st tied with Lebron and Harden. Honestly thought they would have more.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 09:39 PM
Lots of Cavs fans in Denver tonight.

zn23
03-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Jamal Murray lighting it up.

zn23
03-22-2017, 09:51 PM
lol LeBron got bear hugged and no foul

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Denver dominating the Cavs. Our defense looks so freaking terrible. We're not making it out of the first round playing this kind of D.

BS call at the end of the half giving Kyrie 3 free throws, btw. I hate those type of plays unless there's clear contact with the defender colliding uncontrollably into the shooter.

FlashBolt
03-22-2017, 10:06 PM
wtf is j.r. smith doing? dude is a total joke right now.

zn23
03-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Looks like Kyrie might go for 50+ tonight... Horrible defense by the Nuggets.

zn23
03-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Nuggets play some of the worst perimeter defense I've ever seen.

mightybosstone
03-22-2017, 10:32 PM
So I'm out of town for work and turned on Atlanta and Washington in my hotel room. As my job has gotten more demanding the last few years, I started watching a lot less non-Rockets basketball, and I rarely just watch a game just for the sake of watching it—especially Eastern Conference games. But a couple of observations:

1. I love watching Howard do all the ultra-frustrating Dwight Howard things he does, but wearing a jersey other than Rockets red. That guy is a complete shadow of himself, and I've never been more happy with a good player not re-signing with a team I root for than I am that Dwight didn't re-sign with Houston in the offseason.

2. I've honestly only watched Washington once this season, and that was earlier in the season when they were still terrible and Houston beat them. But this team is scary good and a lot of fun to watch. I've seen the numbers with Beal, but I haven't watched him yet in this breakout season. That guy went from the No. 1 player on my "overpaid volume scorer whose bloated contract will destroy your team for the next decade" list to being kind of terrifying offensively. Wall has been abysmal tonight, and Washington hasn't missed a beat because of Beal's dominance.

This team also has a swagger and seems to enjoy playing together. If they get hot at the right time, I could totally see this squad coming out of the East. I thought they were a borderline playoff squad at best for the next 3-4 seasons and were doomed for NBA purgatory for the next decade. I was totally wrong, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see this team join that trio of Cleveland, Boston and Toronto to become a pretty solid foursome of teams in the East.

tp13baby
03-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Is the fox announcers, don't know the names, 1 is white and 1 is black? anyone know the black guys name? He is the worst announcer I have ever listened to lol

Cleveland has no defensive answer. All they have to do is play physical, man does anyone watch game film forreal we are the worst team when teams get physical.

zn23
03-22-2017, 10:43 PM
I hope Kyrie takes a long rest.

zn23
03-22-2017, 11:01 PM
3 more assists for a triple double for Jokic.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:08 PM
I hope Kyrie takes a long rest.

Sat out the entire 4th. No need to bring him back - Denver put that beatdown on us.

Frye has been getting exposed this year and gets abused so badly.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Sat out the entire 4th. No need to bring him back - Denver put that beatdown on us.

Frye has been getting exposed this year and gets abused so badly.

To be fair Frye's +/- was 0 and 'Bron had a masssively game "leading" -30.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:16 PM
3 more assists for a triple double for Jokic.

The triple-double. 2017's 20/10. It feels like it has lost all relevance with how common it is right now.

zn23
03-22-2017, 11:18 PM
-30 for LeBron wow, might be the first time I've ever seen that.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:21 PM
To be fair Frye's +/- was 0 and 'Bron had a masssively game "leading" -30.

Pretty much all of Frye's minutes were with LeBron and that crazy run made by Kyrie in the 3rd (when 'Bron was sitting). He sucks so bad at defending the PnR, rebounding, man-to-man, etc...

LeBron's so passive. Complete opposite of the 'Bron we saw in the finals. We needed to be physical and intense from the start, and when Denver made their big run with Murray in the 2nd we pretty much rolled over.

I think we have some issues - both in personnel and effort. I do think if LeBron turns it up in the playoffs we'll be fine in the Eastern Conference. But it'll be similar to last year when we reach the finals, we'll get smacked in the mouth by the superior play of the West team - except this time I don't think we're coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:21 PM
-30 for LeBron wow, might be the first time I've ever seen that.

Warriors served him up a solid -32 their last meeting. Thought I do think this -30 was top 5 worst of his career. Every wing on the Nuggets having a field day on him prob didn't help.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:26 PM
And Denver's offense is legit for real. This ain't no gimmicky offense (like Atlanta 2014-15). They got some good talent and Jokic is the truth. I love the way they use their bigs since they're such great passers with good BBIQ - reminds me of how Memphis uses Gasol.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Pretty much all of Frye's minutes were with LeBron and that crazy run made by Kyrie in the 3rd (when 'Bron was sitting). He sucks so bad at defending the PnR, rebounding, man-to-man, etc...

LeBron's so passive. Complete opposite of the 'Bron we saw in the finals. We needed to be physical and intense from the start, and when Denver made their big run with Murray in the 2nd we pretty much rolled over.

I think we have some issues - both in personnel and effort. I do think if LeBron turns it up in the playoffs we'll be fine in the Eastern Conference. But it'll be similar to last year when we reach the finals, we'll get smacked in the mouth by the superior play of the West team - except this time I don't think we're coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

If we're being honest, he's coasting. Though with Boston just 1 game back now, color me interested.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:33 PM
If we're being honest, he's coasting. Though with Boston just 1 game back now, color me interested.

I guess we're close to the time LeBron goes into 'Zero Dark Thirty' mode so we'll see. Might be too late.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:34 PM
The Cavs being in an all-out tailspin crashing into the playoffs probably is not ideal, though. Hell the Warriors look far better than them right now (funny how quickly that turns) and they're missing a top 3 player in the game.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:38 PM
Woooooo LeBron is pissed. I'm gonna paraphrase post-game comments:

"Tough as a team? No, we gotta be tough individually, and some just aren't. You can't teach toughness. Everyone isn't answering the one-on-one challenge."

"How did I do defensively? There were parts when I could've been better. But I played with toughness, that's for sure."

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:40 PM
On a real note, I'm looking at both Boston/Cleveland's schedules to close the season, and to me it looks like Boston will either be the 1 seed or it will end up tied (and Cleveland will win the tie-breaker I think).

tredigs
03-22-2017, 11:42 PM

"Tough as a team? No, we gotta be tough individually, and some just aren't. You can't teach toughness. Everyone isn't answering the one-on-one challenge."

"How did I do defensively? There were parts when I could've been better. But I played with toughness, that's for sure."

Interesting, I only saw spurts of the game. #'s wise it sure showed that the wings dominated him (I saw it multiple times live) and that the Celtics had by far their most dominance with him on the court. Fun!

zn23
03-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Yea, I don't blame LeBron for saying. I mean this game was pretty much a lay up drill and Nuggets had their way with them. Also, having Korver and JR Smith on the court is a real issue for them. Wilson Chandler pretty much ate Korver's lunch. JR Smith was awful defensively . The Cavs have three really poor defenders, Frye, Korver and JR Smith in their rotation. Kevin Love isn't that great either.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:56 PM
Interesting, I only saw spurts of the game. #'s wise it sure showed that the wings dominated him (I saw it multiple times live) and that the Celtics had by far their most dominance with him on the court. Fun!

Yeah, of course he puts the blame on others. I watched him give up a layup to Faried on a pass and he blamed Frye. Frye had a miscue but LeBron was in position to defend the layup and didn't do anything.

mgjohnson7851
03-23-2017, 02:25 AM
Huge win for the Nuggets! Portland was within 1 game so this was a must win. Glad to see they aren't folding after back to back losses to Houston.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-23-2017, 03:20 AM
Good win for Denver, but I find it funny that so many people are putting so much stock into these regular season games for Cleveland. If you know anything about Lebron, you know he coasts thru the regular season and he could give a two ***** about these games, despite what garbage he's spewing to the media. You're absoultely kidding yourself IMO if you think Boston or Washington stand a fighting chance against Cleveland come playoff time.

Lakers + Giants
03-23-2017, 04:38 AM
Just saw it now, Westbrook became the first player ever with a triple double while also not missing a FG or FT. Pretty interesting.

Big Zo
03-23-2017, 09:04 AM
LeBron shows he's tough when he sits out on purpose.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Bucks got 6th seed!

Chromehounds
03-23-2017, 12:56 PM

Haha..what's new? When the Cavs Win he self-proclaimed himself the best player in the world. When the Cavs lose, it's the team fault. Throwing his team under the bus during hard times is nothing new for this guy.

JAZZNC
03-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Doubt anybody cares but Rudy Gobert straight kilt the Knicks last night. 35/13 with one missed shot! This dude is the truth!

Pfeifer
03-23-2017, 11:55 PM
Doubt anybody cares but Rudy Gobert straight kilt the Knicks last night. 35/13 with one missed shot! This dude is the truth!

Hes really good. Him and Jokic are a blast to watch.

Derozan put up back to back 40 pt games. Did it tonight with no Lowry and no Ibaka. Poeltl came up big tonight. The Raps defense is coming around at the right time.

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:01 AM

People are still massively undervaluing him.

JAZZNC
03-24-2017, 10:03 PM
People are still massively undervaluing him.

I think it's great that he is shattering the myth of all Europeans being soft....although that is fairly true haha!

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:52 PM
I think it's great that he is shattering the myth of all Europeans being soft....although that is fairly true haha!

Anybody who saw Sarunas Marciulionis play back in the day would not assume international players are soft. And Marc Gasol is certainly not soft.