PDA

View Full Version : Warriors upset at OKC over Durant's first return back.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-20-2017, 02:20 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18956233/golden-state-warriors-not-happy-oklahoma-city-thunder-handling-kevin-durant-return

Must be some people with real self esteem issues running the show here. They literally can't take an ounce of hate or criticism from the media/anyone without going public about petty ****. I'm not even trying to bait Warrior fans, or start anything. Folks just have to understand that disdain naturally arises out of team success and you just have to deal with it.

sf-fanatic
03-20-2017, 02:44 AM
I think most people outside of OKC agree with what the Warriors are thinking. KD will be underappreciated in OKC. He honored his contract, was a stand up community in OKC, and might be the best player to ever wear the OKC uniform. He did nothing wrong as a FREE agent. When Barnes and Bogut returned to the Warriors, they were honored with a video tribute although they were not on the status of KD in OKC (but they were part of a championship team). But I guess, KD's status in OKC also makes it hurt more.

And how is this article worthy to be written just off the "warriors belief" lol. No ****, some people felt sorry for him. He's also employed by the Warriors now so it's in their best interest to support him and take his side.

More-Than-Most
03-20-2017, 02:56 AM
I agree he did nothing wrong as a free agent but he also got paid as a thunder player thus they dont owe him anything.. they dont need to even acknowledge him coming back there period... they moved on when he moved on... It quite literally the perfect move by OKC...no reason to stir **** up because it hurts more when you just ignore him.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-20-2017, 03:21 AM
Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so.

Yeah OKC's definitely going to roll out the carpet for you and crown you king after leaving their city. Real smart Warriors PR. They're probably going to win the title anyhow, they should really stop *****ing and just keep quiet.

sf-fanatic
03-20-2017, 03:27 AM
Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so.

Yeah OKC's definitely going to roll out the carpet for you and crown you king after leaving their city. Real smart Warriors PR. They're probably going to win the title anyhow, they should really stop *****ing and just keep quiet.

I don't think a celebration is needed but I feel like more than 50% of the NBA teams will honor the player with a short video tribute or something. I think OKC will do that later down the line. OKC doesn't owe KD anything, but I wonder would potential FAs take this into account of OKC's treatment of their former players when making their decisions.

nastynice
03-20-2017, 03:27 AM
Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so..

When the playoffs start, yea, that's pretty much what I'm expecting to happen on the court, lmao!!

sf-fanatic
03-20-2017, 03:39 AM
I don't think this is a big deal. I'm pretty sure no one is going to read the article before commenting. No names, quotes, or anything just "beliefs." It's the Warriors defending their player whos gonna be a FA at the end of the year.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-20-2017, 03:45 AM
I don't think a celebration is needed but I feel like more than 50% of the NBA teams will honor the player with a short video tribute or something. I think OKC will do that later down the line. OKC doesn't owe KD anything, but I wonder would potential FAs take this into account of OKC's treatment of their former players when making their decisions.

Former MVP leaves in the prime of his career to the team that in retrospect was probably the reason he left (OKC losing to Warriors). Certainly he can't expect anything in his first visit back?

Bowman53
03-20-2017, 04:15 AM
Doesn't bother me. It only lessens the odds that he would consider returning there.

nastynice
03-20-2017, 04:36 AM
I don't think this is a big deal. I'm pretty sure no one is going to read the article before commenting. No names, quotes, or anything just "beliefs." It's the Warriors defending their player whos gonna be a FA at the end of the year.

When you have beliefs, what else do you need?

I like how he legit used the word "furious" in the title tho, lol

tp13baby
03-20-2017, 07:40 AM
I think most people outside of OKC agree with what the Warriors are thinking. KD will be underappreciated in OKC. He honored his contract, was a stand up community in OKC, and might be the best player to ever wear the OKC uniform. He did nothing wrong as a FREE agent. When Barnes and Bogut returned to the Warriors, they were honored with a video tribute although they were not on the status of KD in OKC (but they were part of a championship team). But I guess, KD's status in OKC also makes it hurt more.

And how is this article worthy to be written just off the "warriors belief" lol. No ****, some people felt sorry for him. He's also employed by the Warriors now so it's in their best interest to support him and take his side.

I will never stand by the fact he did nothing wrong. Yes, he is a free agent and by doing so you can choose whatever team you want. The moral disposition of the move on the other hand is what sets me off and many others. Its leaving a team you are the face and leader of that was close to getting over the hump, but the hump was too hard to accomplish, so he gave up to go to a team that already won it all without him.

All time greats have agreed that you shouldn't be making super teams, just goes to show to be the best you have to beat the best. They are heavy favorites, so yeah they SHOULDN'T lose.

Just depends on your upbringing, as a child do you show loyalty and take on the challenge or what helps you succeed more even if you burn bridges. This is the difference in opinion.

He is an athlete, he had to know this was going to happen. GS needs to stop getting butt hurt when another franchise doesn't give them the utmost respect. Its a competitive league.

Vinylman
03-20-2017, 07:52 AM

get real dude...

No one is going to be well received on their first trip back...

Shaq, LBJ, etc...

Durant had every right to leave... OKC fans also have the right to treat him like the ***** CAT he was for leaving.

To think their will be no backlash only shows how soft Durant's camp is...

SteBO
03-20-2017, 07:53 AM
A video tribute or something would've been nice I suppose, but it's their prerogative to not do it. They shouldn't have to feel obligated to do so as they don't owe KD ****, and good for them that they didn't succumb to the "traditional" norms. I think the Warriors are a class organization, but this just fuels the narrative that they're soft.....

The article is speaking to organizational sentiment, but you're naive if you think the players don't feel the same way.

kdspurman
03-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Of course they are

Chronz
03-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Should've stayed in bed that day bro

ewing
03-20-2017, 09:10 AM
so soft

lakerfan85
03-20-2017, 09:15 AM
They should've showed a video tribute of his performance from game 6 of last years Conference finals..

Scoots
03-20-2017, 09:30 AM

To me the thing I find strange is, they loved him for 8 years ... what happened to that? All he did is sign a free agent contract ... I've seen stars for teams I follow leave and play elsewhere and while I didn't cheer their new team I still appreciate the player as a former member of "my" team.

Vinylman
03-20-2017, 09:33 AM
To me the thing I find strange is, they loved him for 8 years ... what happened to that? All he did is sign a free agent contract ... I've seen stars for teams I follow leave and play elsewhere and while I didn't cheer their new team I still appreciate the player as a former member of "my" team.

Who?

Seriously... you act like a guy who leads a team to the conference finals and leaves to the team that beat him is something normal...

even Lebron didn't do that

kdspurman
03-20-2017, 09:50 AM
A video tribute or something would've been nice I suppose, but it's their prerogative to not do it. They shouldn't have to feel obligated to do so as they don't owe KD ****, and good for them that they didn't succumb to the "traditional" norms. I think the Warriors are a class organization, but this just fuels the narrative that they're soft.....

The article is speaking to organizational sentiment, but you're naive if you think the players don't feel the same way.

I think if things were better w/Westbrook & Durant, they may have done something more. I mean I could see it now, while they are playing a tribute video, Westbrook is on the bench with his headphones in or warming up or something.

But yea, like you said it was totally up to OKC to do it, it's not mandatory. It's not like anyone got violent or threw **** at him on the court. Some of these guys need much thicker skin

kdspurman
03-20-2017, 09:55 AM

Just thinking about similar circumstances... If Duncan left the Spurs in like 04 to play with the Lakers, there's no way I'm cheering for him. Or if Robinson left to play with Houston or Utah, some other divisional rival who eliminated us? I just don't see it.

I understand some fans are different, and it may not matter to them, and that's fine. I'm sure there were some who are cool with him leaving. But this isn't your everyday random player leaving in FA to go to some random team lol. So I also understand fans who are going to give him hell when he returns. It's that sort of passion that I bet he appreciated about them when he was there. He can't all of a sudden be hurt about it because it's being directed at him.

ewing
03-20-2017, 09:56 AM

your just trolling. He walked out on a team that was on the brink, if you expect the fans to be happy about it you are naive

Hawkeye15
03-20-2017, 10:06 AM
get real dude...

No one is going to be well received on their first trip back...

Shaq, LBJ, etc...

Durant had every right to leave... OKC fans also have the right to treat him like the ***** CAT he was for leaving.

To think their will be no backlash only shows how soft Durant's camp is...

bingo!

Look, Durant did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contract obligation, and signed elsewhere. But if he really thinks the team he left owes him anything, he is as big a ***** as I keep stressing his generation continues to pump out.

Hey kids-nobody owes you anything. Sack up, life isn't easy

ewing
03-20-2017, 10:09 AM
bingo!

Look, Durant did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contract obligation, and signed elsewhere. But if he really thinks the team he left owes him anything, he is as big a ***** as I keep stressing his generation continues to pump out.

Yeah, if Pat Ewing left the Knicks and signed with the Bulls, i would have been like "cool, good for them, i hope they win 19 titles in a row." You guys are nuts.

Vinylman
03-20-2017, 10:20 AM
bingo!

Durant is a weird dude... he criticizes LBJ and Co. getting together in Miami... turns around and easily does the exact same thing (worse imo) and then can't understand why the fans of his old team are pissed...

I have stopped trying to understand this generation of babies ... they make no logical sense

Hawkeye15
03-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Yeah, if Pat Ewing left the Knicks and signed with the Bulls, i would have been like "cool, good for them, i hope they win 19 titles in a row." You guys are nuts.

doesn't change the fact that Durant did nothing wrong technically. But yeah, he now gets to deal with the public backlash for his decision.

You are confusing what I mean when I say he didn't do anything wrong obviously. It means, he technically did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contractual obligation to his employer, and went elsewhere for his employment. Perception doesn't care about legally fulfilled obligations or circumstances though, that much we know.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Durant is a weird dude... he criticizes LBJ and Co. getting together in Miami... turns around and easily does the exact same thing (worse imo) and then can't understand why the fans of his old team are pissed...

I have stopped trying to understand this generation of babies ... they make no logical sense

get used to it, only getting worse. We have cry zones for kids over an election now. Can't keep score in games, everyone gets a participation award, sensitivity galore..

Feelings are at stake dude, nothing else matters

ewing
03-20-2017, 10:49 AM
doesn't change the fact that Durant did nothing wrong technically. But yeah, he now gets to deal with the public backlash for his decision.

You are confusing what I mean when I say he didn't do anything wrong obviously. It means, he technically did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contractual obligation to his employer, and went elsewhere for his employment. Perception doesn't care about legally fulfilled obligations or circumstances though, that much we know.

exactly. they are sports fans. some people act that you have some responsibility to be mature when you root for a team. no, you you don't. if you leave my team to play for the enemy i'm going to root against you. KD can take advantage of free agency but OKC fans can boo the **** out him for it

Vinylman
03-20-2017, 10:52 AM
get used to it, only getting worse. We have cry zones for kids over an election now. Can't keep score in games, everyone gets a participation award, sensitivity galore..

Feelings are at stake dude, nothing else matters

I hear ya...

although it is a good thing if you raise your kids old school...

competing against a bunch of ******* in the workforce pretty much ensures success.

My oldest laughed at the kids in her college graduating class who whined about no opportunities and how it was unfair that there wasn't the perfect job...

of course they fail to mention that they didn't excel in their studies

never seen a generation who felt they were owed so much for doing so little

Hawkeye15
03-20-2017, 11:24 AM
exactly. they are sports fans. some people act that you have some responsibility to be mature when you root for a team. no, you you don't. if you leave my team to play for the enemy i'm going to root against you. KD can take advantage of free agency but OKC fans can boo the **** out him for it

absolutely dude

Vee-Rex
03-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Just thinking about similar circumstances... If Duncan left the Spurs in like 04 to play with the Lakers, there's no way I'm cheering for him. Or if Robinson left to play with Houston or Utah, some other divisional rival who eliminated us? I just don't see it.

I understand some fans are different, and it may not matter to them, and that's fine. I'm sure there were some who are cool with him leaving. But this isn't your everyday random player leaving in FA to go to some random team lol. So I also understand fans who are going to give him hell when he returns. It's that sort of passion that I bet he appreciated about them when he was there. He can't all of a sudden be hurt about it because it's being directed at him.

Bingo.

GoferKing_
03-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Damn, do they ever stop crying? Durant got paid, left, said some shiet, end of story. No need for OKC to acknowledge him.

nastynice
03-20-2017, 12:42 PM
I agree with the Warriors. I am also furious about it!

Absolutely furious

zn23
03-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Such sensitive Sallys.

nastynice
03-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Such sensitive Sallys.

No, but if I'm furious, that's a very manly reaction

SfgiantsJD3
03-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Its simple for the fans that appreciate a former player to cheer when he is announced or as in baseball when he first comes to the plate to recognize what the player did for the former team, once the game starts let the boos begin.

I think there is lot of ill will in OKC so I wouldn't expect the team to do anything and I get the fans not wanting to cheer him.

Vinylman
03-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Its simple for the fans that appreciate a former player to cheer when he is announced or as in baseball when he first comes to the plate to recognize what the player did for the former team, once the game starts let the boos begin.

I think there is lot of ill will in OKC so I wouldn't expect the team to do anything and I get the fans not wanting to cheer him.

:rolleyes:

yes... because that is the exact situation in this case...

maybe he should ride in on a unicorn and be ordained with rose petals

SMFH

IndyRealist
03-20-2017, 02:01 PM
One thing that I'm proud if as a Pacers fan is that whenever a player comes back the first time as a visitor, whether traded or left as a free agent, they get an ovation as a thank you. Then we boo.

Ron Artest got an ovation.

WITZ
03-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Warriors are the biggest bunch of complaining P***ies lmao Leave Javale alone, Crying about no music in game, now KD's treatment lmaoooooo soft *** franchise.

Rivera
03-20-2017, 02:08 PM
I wonder if this has to do with the "tension" in the GS locker room

“Is this malaise of theirs about not feeling motivated, not thinking they have something to play for,” said Strauss on the True Hoop Pod. “Is it just being tired? There’s one guy in particular on the team that keeps saying the same thing to me, and I can’t say who he is, but he keeps saying ‘We’ve got problems and it ain’t basketball.’”

HandsOnTheWheel
03-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Now there's a new report that Curry and Kerr are denying this. Wouldn't be surprised if some higher up wig from the NBA advised them on what to say about this. Not buying it, it's all about protecting public image for these guys, this wouldn't be the first time they've done this either.

tredigs
03-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Now there's a new report that Curry and Kerr are denying this. Wouldn't be surprised if some higher up wig from the NBA advised them on what to say about this. Not buying it, it's all about protecting public image for these guys, this wouldn't be the first time they've done this either.
**** that noise. These articles with no named sources and no quotes are absolute garbage. I could care less either way even if it is legit, but the writer has absolutely no legs to stand on here. Reminds me of all the bs off-season trade rumors from "sources say" that are bogus more often than not. There is zero accountability in sports journalism. It's why we don't trust anything NBA rumor related unless its woj. That said, not shocking that everyone jumps at this with open arms despite that. It's about the Warriors after all.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
**** that noise. These articles with no named sources and no quotes are absolute garbage. I could care less either way even if it is legit, but the writer has absolutely no legs to stand on here. Reminds me of all the bs off-season trade rumors from "sources say" that are bogus more often than not. There is zero accountability in sports journalism. It's why we don't trust anything NBA rumor related unless its woj. That said, not shocking that everyone jumps at this with open arms despite that. It's about the Warriors after all.

Pretty sure the media have been rather favorable to the Warriors thus far and some would argue undeservingly so at that. You look at a team like Miami's run with the big 3 who everyone hated and then tell me "It's about the Warriors after all."

FlashBolt
03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Are any of you surprised? They literally had to call Turner Sports to figure out the Shaq problem. There is no way Shaq stopped because his mom told him to do so. It went like this: "Shaq, the Warriors don't like how you are treating Javale and we are afraid it may hurt our brand. Please stop this behavior or we will revoke our contract with you." The point is, outside of Draymond (who is loony), this team is softer than a brand new pair of suede boots. Remember how they were offended by LeBron mocking them with the halloween decorations but yet, Draymond was the clown who mocked the Cavs back when they won? These guys can deliver a punch but can't take one. AKA why they react the way they do. Don't forget when Klay said LeBron got his feelings hurt. LeBron proceeds to hand them an *** whooping and Klay doesn't even stick around to congratulate the Cavs.. Yup, feelings hurt and it ain't LeBron's..

Hopper15
03-20-2017, 02:59 PM
Chris Haynes is a hack.

As of now, it is anticipated that he will remain in the Warriors' locker room rehabbing and receiving treatment during Monday night's game. However, if he ventures to the Golden State bench, he will either use crutches or walk with a noticeable limp.

He doesn't even know Durant is not currently using crutches or limping right now and he covers the team!

Scoots
03-20-2017, 04:11 PM
I agree with the Warriors. I am also furious about it!

Absolutely furious

:)

Scoots
03-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Who?

Seriously... you act like a guy who leads a team to the conference finals and leaves to the team that beat him is something normal...

even Lebron didn't do that

Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley to name 4 hall of famers. Will Clark, Matt Williams. Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin.

Rice went to play for the "hated" Raiders. Haley went to play for the "hated" Cowboys.

Then again, I don't get my identity from the sports teams I follow so maybe I'm the odd one out.

LA_1
03-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley to name 4 hall of famers. Will Clark, Matt Williams. Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin.

Rice went to play for the "hated" Raiders. Haley went to play for the "hated" Cowboys.

Then again, I don't get my identity from the sports teams I follow so maybe I'm the odd one out.

Did any of these guys leave their teams the following year after losing to the teams they joined? In the playoffs?

LA_1
03-20-2017, 04:37 PM
And joe Montana? Since when did the chiefs and niners have beef or played in a Super Bowl? Didn't Montana get traded?

Rice joined Oakland yes. But again SF and Oakland didn't have any playoff rivalry going on. They can't even see each other in the playoffs unless it's the sb which has never happened.

The point is, Durant joined a team that just beat them in the conference finals being up 3-1 on them too.
Idk why warrior fans ignore that.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2017, 05:13 PM

if Durant would have won a chip or 2 for OKC, and was tailing down in his career, I am sure they would be much more forgiving...

FlashBolt
03-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Hey.. watch the game.. KD choked hard against the Warriors. Westbrook did too but he was just playing careless. KD looked like he couldn't give two ***** when we lost. I'm sure that resonates with OKC fans who just saw a complacent KD. He's was great for us and arguably the 2nd best player for five or so seasons but at the end of the day, never helped us win when it mattered. Anyone remember the Memphis series when WB was injured?

cmellofan15
03-20-2017, 05:50 PM
lmao why do the warriors think its appropriate to tell a team how to react after their best player jumped ship? no one is telling them how to run their organization..they need to mind their own business.

SfgiantsJD3
03-20-2017, 06:09 PM
lmao why do the warriors think its appropriate to tell a team how to react after their best player jumped ship? no one is telling them how to run their organization..they need to mind their own business.

It was sources, sources is owned by NIC which is a subsidiary of TBD, and the parent company of TBD is By others. Steve Kerr disputed the article

Saddletramp
03-20-2017, 07:11 PM

C'mon, man. Most of those guys either won a title with their SF team or were past their prime or both. Didn't the Niners move on from Montana because they had Steve Young, who was pretty good in his own right? Didn't Matt Williams get traded? How old was Rice? Wasn't Haley traded? Wasn't Lott left unprotected in that Plan B free agency back then?

And Hardaway and Mullin were not on KD's level.

Nobody you listed was on this KD level. C'mon, man.

CousinsEvansDUO
03-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Warriors are being beyond immature! Lol Nobody owes them anything and Nothing is owed to anyone. The fact that they can't be humble shows how insecure Durant really is about his inability to speak his true heart to OkC.

Jamiecballer
03-20-2017, 11:26 PM

I'm with you. He took them to the highest level they've ever been, it's unfathomable that they should appreciate him. At all. And by them I am speaking of the fans here.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

lol, please
03-21-2017, 01:56 AM
Warriors are the biggest bunch of complaining P***ies lmao Leave Javale alone, Crying about no music in game, now KD's treatment lmaoooooo soft *** franchise.

:facepalm:

ewing
03-21-2017, 05:25 AM
very soft

Scoots
03-21-2017, 08:49 AM
if Durant would have won a chip or 2 for OKC, and was tailing down in his career, I am sure they would be much more forgiving...

Maybe. But my point was just that it's possible to not hate on a great player because they left your team. That part at least happens all the time. Some fans like to hate, I just don't see the point in it. Don't cheer the man fine, but making fun of an injured player is in bad taste no matter the situation.

ewing
03-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Poor KD

likemystylez
03-21-2017, 09:48 AM

LOL mo speights left the warriors last summer to go play with the team warriors hate most int he nba. the LA clippers. still when speights came back.... he got a standing ovation, the fans cheered him on when he hit a 3 (granted warriors were up by like 25 points late int he second half)- and the warriors had a tribute video for him. Thats a first class organization.

they also had tribute videos for guys like brandon rush and leandro barbosa. The year before when david lee forced himself out- warriors fans also give him ovations when he comes to play, heck chris mullin forced his way out in 97 so he could spend his last few yrs in a competitive situation in indiana and even to this day he is loved by warriors fans.

kdspurman
03-21-2017, 09:59 AM
LOL mo speights left the warriors last summer to go play with the team warriors hate most int he nba. the LA clippers. still when speights came back.... he got a standing ovation, the fans cheered him on when he hit a 3 (granted warriors were up by like 25 points late int he second half)- and the warriors had a tribute video for him. Thats a first class organization.

they also had tribute videos for guys like brandon rush and leandro barbosa. The year before when david lee forced himself out- warriors fans also give him ovations when he comes to play, heck chris mullin forced his way out in 97 so he could spend his last few yrs in a competitive situation in indiana and even to this day he is loved by warriors fans.

If Steph Curry goes to Cleveland, let me know how you anticipate his return to go

Hawkeye15
03-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Maybe. But my point was just that it's possible to not hate on a great player because they left your team. That part at least happens all the time. Some fans like to hate, I just don't see the point in it. Don't cheer the man fine, but making fun of an injured player is in bad taste no matter the situation.

It happens in 2 scenario's in general:

1- player left the team when he was older/past his prime
2- player left a team that has minimal history of good players, therefore they crush on him even after he is gone

Again, OKC owes him nothing. He stuck to his guns, wouldn't say anything, and shocked the world by not only leaving a contender who just pushed the greatest regular season team (after winning a chip) on the brink of elimination, only to choke, but then joined that very same team, which didn't even need him to win a title, and 73 games. It's unheard of. Unheard of man, what he did. Why would any fan root for Durant after that? By all means, KD seems like a nice guy, but his competitive spirit is clearly lacking imo. He didn't pull a LeBron, and leave a ****** team, to go lead teams to title runs. He just caught a rope flying by, and hung on...

Vinylman
03-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Did any of these guys leave their teams the following year after losing to the teams they joined? In the playoffs?

He is a little slow and doesn't seem to be able to follow what I was talking about...

Not surprised...

Scoots
03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
He is a little slow and doesn't seem to be able to follow what I was talking about...

Not surprised...

I understand what you were saying. I wasn't saying the same thing. Do I HAVE to only talk about what you are talking about?

LA_1
03-21-2017, 10:32 AM

Not surprised...

Bro I live in the Bay Area, and all warrior fans just cannot understand this reason. Like he literally left his team joining a record breaking NBA team that just bounced his team after being up 3-1. Oh and not texting or telling his teammates that he's leaving too.

LA_1
03-21-2017, 10:33 AM
GS fans are possibly theeeee most homerist, worst, bandwagon fans I've ever come across.

Vinylman
03-21-2017, 10:36 AM
I understand what you were saying. I wasn't saying the same thing. Do I HAVE to only talk about what you are talking about?

Then don't quote me...

The point of quoting someone is to respond to that persons post...

I guess you failed Mod training

likemystylez
03-21-2017, 10:36 AM
If Steph Curry goes to Cleveland, let me know how you anticipate his return to go

if its anything like basically every player to leave the warriors in the last 25 yrs- he would prob get a standing ovation

BKLYNpigeon
03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
It's a non issue, they can honor him next year.

Emotions were running high and it was the storyline of the season. If they had a video tribute it could have gone really bad too with all those fans. If you look at the okc perspective, it could have interpreted as a diss to Westbrook since him and KD aren't on speaking terms. Right now I feel like okc is doing every thing in their power to keep Westbrook happy, he could leave in 2 years.

Ray Allen left the Celtics and signed with the enemy, the Miami Heat. His first game back to Boston, he got a video tribute, because that what classy organizations do. You honor them for what they did for you, and move on.

tredigs
03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Speaking for myself, I hope he re-signs, but Curry can go wherever the hell he pleases this summer and I would never have Ill-will towards the guy. He has done MORE than enough for the franchise as an undervalued #7 seed. I'm used to rooting for a team with no chance at success, and he helped change all that to a tune that nobody could have foreseen. Ditto why I thought Cavs fans were pathetic for their hatred of Lebron. Now, OKC fans have yet to understand what it means for their team to be terrrible + no upside, but they will. They were fed a team with a marquee star in the making on a silver platter. If anybody doesn't owe **** to Oklahoma, it is Seattle Supersonic Kevin Durant. But, entitled fans will stay entitled.

likemystylez
03-21-2017, 10:39 AM
GS fans are possibly theeeee most homerist, worst, bandwagon fans I've ever come across.

LMAO- warriors sold out that arena every night when they were winning 19 games a year. They were top 5 in season ticket sales over a 17 yr span when warriors made the playoffs just once.....possibly could not be further away from a homer fan base.

Some would argue the fans were loyal to a fault when chris cohan was owner. cohan kept earning tons of money and really had no reason to improve the quality of the team.... and this was over decades

ewing
03-21-2017, 10:40 AM

Yep

likemystylez
03-21-2017, 10:43 AM

Emotions were running high and it was the storyline of the season. If they had a video tribute it could have gone really bad too with all those fans. If you look at the okc perspective, it could have interpreted as a diss to Westbrook since him and KD aren't on speaking terms. Right now I feel like okc is doing every thing in their power to keep Westbrook happy, he could leave in 2 years.

Ray Allen left the Celtics and signed with the enemy, the Miami Heat. His first game back to Boston, he got a video tribute, because that what classy organizations do. You honor them for what they did for you, and move on.

you might be right about the video tribute- but for crying out loud.... the organization was selling props to the fans to insult kevin durant when he came back. I thought that was a show of really poor character for a professional organization. I guess they saw a chance to make money..... but feeding into the hatred towards durant seems a bit tacky imo

BKLYNpigeon
03-21-2017, 11:08 AM
The original story was written by chris Haynes of espn. It's been revised twice already because it was misquoted. Espn added the word "Furious" to the title as a click bait. Anthony slater beat writer of the warriors said before that Kerr press conference, that he had to be briefed on the story because he didn't even know what was going on.

BKLYNpigeon
03-21-2017, 11:14 AM
you might be right about the video tribute- but for crying out loud.... the organization was selling props to the fans to insult kevin durant when he came back. I thought that was a show of really poor character for a professional organization. I guess they saw a chance to make money..... but feeding into the hatred towards durant seems a bit tacky imo

The story came from an unnamed source. Probably a player or low level trainer. The artical was misquoted, it never came from the organization or coaches. You know how it is, one person says something, we all blow it up and you blame everyone for it.

Scoots
03-21-2017, 01:15 PM
Yep

I always agree with you ... or I remain silent.

Scoots
03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Bro I live in the Bay Area, and all warrior fans just cannot understand this reason. Like he literally left his team joining a record breaking NBA team that just bounced his team after being up 3-1. Oh and not texting or telling his teammates that he's leaving too.

Or we can completely understand and not agree or not care. I don't live in the Bay Area and I can appreciate teams based on their play and don't restrict myself by where a team calls home. I also don't find the soap opera sensationalist aspects of modern reporting as compelling as some do.

Scoots
03-21-2017, 01:20 PM

You must be young because there are a LOT of worse fans out there. That said, there are some pretty bad Warriors fans on this forum, and it's a shame we all get lumped together.

Scoots
03-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Then don't quote me...

The point of quoting someone is to respond to that persons post...

I guess you failed Mod training

I guess you failed literacy or maybe just your memory failed you. You quoted me THEN I replied to answer your question to me. I'm sorry that you didn't understand.

Scoots
03-21-2017, 01:26 PM

I agree, no need to cheer him or celebrate him when it's so recent, but the vitriol just made it worse for them and the mocking of him went beyond what I think is in good taste, particularly mocking an injured player ... I've never known it to be considered good taste to make fun of an injured player.

Saddletramp
03-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Lol. Comparing Mo Spieghts, Barbossa and Ray Allen to what Durant did. Lol. Those guys weren't the face of the franchise (Allen was closer, but only spent a few years there) and had already won a title with their team and with Spieghts/Barbossa, they got kicked out because GS couldn't even afford non minimum contracts for them. Same thing with Lee, he had to leave because GS had to pay others.

This would be like if The Cavs beat the Warriors both of the past two years and then Curry left to play for Cleveland. You'd think he was a *****, too.

tredigs
03-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Lol. Comparing Mo Spieghts, Barbossa and Ray Allen to what Durant did. Lol. Those guys weren't the face of the franchise (Allen was closer, but only spent a few years there) and had already won a title with their team and with Spieghts/Barbossa, they got kicked out because GS couldn't even afford non minimum contracts for them. Same thing with Lee, he had to leave because GS had to pay others.

This would be like if The Cavs beat the Warriors both of the past two years and then Curry left to play for Cleveland. You'd think he was a *****, too.

Who cares? He lead them to heights they may not reach again for decades and was probably the greatest player they'll ever have. That's not exactly somebody I'd mock after he spent a full decade battling for the franchise (forget the ridiculous amount of off-court charity he has done for the community and CONTINUES to give to that community). This is a dude signed by the Seatle Supersonics who was shipped to bum **** Oklahoma in year 2 with no choice otherwise. They'll respect what they had one day, but today I say let the hate fuel the man.

Saddletramp
03-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Who cares? He lead them to heights they may not reach again for decades and was probably the greatest player they'll ever have. That's not exactly somebody I'd mock after he spent a full decade battling for the franchise (forget the ridiculous amount of off-court charity he has done for the community and CONTINUES to give to that community). This is a dude signed by the Seatle Supersonics who was shipped to bum **** Oklahoma in year 2 with no choice otherwise. They'll respect what they had one day, but today I say let the hate fuel the man.

All of that is well and good. He's still viewed as a ring chaser-in-his-prime p---y. He's getting called out for it and not only is he crying but Warriors fans are too. It's kinda funny that it gets under so many skins.

tredigs
03-21-2017, 08:59 PM
All of that is well and good. He's still viewed as a ring chaser-in-his-prime p---y. He's getting called out for it and not only is he crying but Warriors fans are too. It's kinda funny that it gets under so many skins.

I can't speak for other fans, but I could personally care less. I just think it's dumb and disrespectful to the player who gave his all for a franchise for their entire existence (and wasn't even drafted by them). And show us again where KD is crying about their treatment?

FlashBolt
03-22-2017, 01:07 AM
For Christ's sake, no one is upset KD left OKC. maybe there are a few out there but the consensus is that he went to a team that beat them (after KD chokes a 3-1 lead while showing minimal effort and Westbrook just played his usual inefficient self but the effort is always there). I wouldn't be upset if he had gone to Boston or Wizards. I actually advocated that we trade KD or Westbrook MANY TIMES if the scenario boils down to the possibility that they will leave. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Apparently, KD thought going to the Warriors and creating the most stacked team is acceptable and that fans should applaud it. Not sure why some of you still hold onto fans being upset that he left. no one I know is. I said trade westbrook just this offseason before he signed the extension.

Scoots
03-22-2017, 09:31 AM
For Christ's sake, no one is upset KD left OKC. maybe there are a few out there but the consensus is that he went to a team that beat them (after KD chokes a 3-1 lead while showing minimal effort and Westbrook just played his usual inefficient self but the effort is always there). I wouldn't be upset if he had gone to Boston or Wizards. I actually advocated that we trade KD or Westbrook MANY TIMES if the scenario boils down to the possibility that they will leave. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Apparently, KD thought going to the Warriors and creating the most stacked team is acceptable and that fans should applaud it. Not sure why some of you still hold onto fans being upset that he left. no one I know is. I said trade westbrook just this offseason before he signed the extension.

It's good that you are a realist and not upset. It's just a game after all.

FlashBolt
03-22-2017, 10:53 AM
It's good that you are a realist and not upset. It's just a game after all.

*Initially not upset he left OKC but which team he chose.

So yes, I can see how it would be upsetting.

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:29 AM
Speaking for myself, I hope he re-signs, but Curry can go wherever the hell he pleases this summer and I would never have Ill-will towards the guy. He has done MORE than enough for the franchise as an undervalued #7 seed. I'm used to rooting for a team with no chance at success, and he helped change all that to a tune that nobody could have foreseen. Ditto why I thought Cavs fans were pathetic for their hatred of Lebron. Now, OKC fans have yet to understand what it means for their team to be terrrible + no upside, but they will. They were fed a team with a marquee star in the making on a silver platter. If anybody doesn't owe **** to Oklahoma, it is Seattle Supersonic Kevin Durant. But, entitled fans will stay entitled.

Eh, if the Warriors never won a championship but came close (demonstrating clear capability of winning the ring), and Curry jumped ship to join the team he lost to in order to chase rings, you wouldn't feel all sunshine and rainbows towards Curry. Even if you want to buckle down and exclaim you'd be perfectly fine with it, you can't say it's unreasonable for passionate fans to feel ill will towards Curry if he made the same decisions in the exact same situation as KD did.

Why doesn't the GS organization get mad that the Spurs didn't have an ovation for David West's return? Because David West was ultimately meaningless to the Spurs franchise. He was never the face of that franchise and he wasn't the impactful superstar that fueled that franchise. So with that in mind, how can you criticize OKC's organization and their fans disliking Durant and not tributing him? If you are okay with West not getting a tribute, shouldn't you be understanding of fans that dislike a player who was practically embedded in OKC's culture leaving to join the team that knocked theirs out?

I mean, Vince Carter was boo'ed for years in Toronto after he left. It's a normal thing when a high profile superstar leaves his city before bringing them a championship. GSW fans would be furious if Steph left before bringing a championship there - and don't try to act like they wouldn't be.

Vinylman
03-22-2017, 11:29 AM

Yep to the bolded...

And it is stupid teams are put in these positions... The NBA is the only major sport where you can't sign a veteran to an extension WHENEVER you want.

Except for guys who just want to go elsewhere (very rare) star player movement would be minimal if you could just continually extend guys.

It really puts teams in a bad spot

Vee-Rex
03-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Ditto why I thought Cavs fans were pathetic for their hatred of Lebron.

Except for a handful of guys burning jerseys (moreso for attention), the Cavs fans 'hatred' wasn't all that terrible at first. It got much worse with Heat fans trolling and the welcome party Miami had, etc..

Anyway, a big part of Cavs fans hatred for LeBron was the manner in which he left. You've even criticized LeBron on here for that, now you think passionate, championship-starved Cavs fans were pathetic for that? :laugh2:

Chromehounds
03-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Hey.. watch the game.. KD choked hard against the Warriors. Westbrook did too but he was just playing careless. KD looked like he couldn't give two ***** when we lost. I'm sure that resonates with OKC fans who just saw a complacent KD. He's was great for us and arguably the 2nd best player for five or so seasons but at the end of the day, never helped us win when it mattered. Anyone remember the Memphis series when WB was injured?

Ohhh...how unbiased of you. lol Westbrook choked and your rationale is he was playing careless so it's OK. OMFG! Are you 12? On another note, you might want to watch that game again, near the end KD and Westbrook looked like they were gonna start choking each other, literally!

Anyway, a baseless article tried to hype up the rematch without KD. Fell flat and so did OKC!

Vinylman
03-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Ohhh...how unbiased of you. lol Westbrook choked and your rationale is he was playing careless so it's OK. OMFG! Are you 12? On another note, you might want to watch that game again, near the end KD and Westbrook looked like they were gonna start choking each other, literally!

Anyway, a baseless article tried to hype up the rematch without KD. Fell flat and so did OKC!

pot or kettle?

Chromehounds
03-22-2017, 01:49 PM
lol... do I sound bias? Please do tell.
Which part of my comment was so lopsided? In your opinion, of course.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 06:06 PM

Ding ding ding

FlashBolt
03-22-2017, 06:17 PM

My point is that Westbrook has those games and it's common for him to go out and be inefficient. He's had many games where he's shot below 30% with a massive amount of turnovers but the effort is ALWAYS there. When I'm talking about choking and underperforming, it has to be taken into consideration. Odds are KD will be far more efficient at scoring than Westbrook just because he has a more defined offensive arsenal. Westbrook isn't a great shooter while KD is elite at it. It was very uncharacteristic of KD to shoot as bad as he did. Go and watch the series vs Warriors in their last four games. Westbrook was inefficient but he's had equally as worse efficiency in the other series and even in the regular season. KD had three straight games under 40%. How many times do you think that happened in the regular season let alone the playoffs? ZERO times. So there is no bias. I gave you facts. Your definition of choking is someone having a bad game. An inefficient player who shoots inefficiently in a game is having an AVERAGE game. An efficient player who shoots inefficiently in a game when it matters is CHOKING. It's why I think LeBron is unfairly scrutinized as a "choker" when he misses a free throw or three point shot when it matters. He simply isn't a good FT shooter or three point shooter to begin with.

ewing
03-22-2017, 06:22 PM
I am against booing. How can these guys concentrate when people are booing? Don't you know science says its distracting? This treatment is totally unfair? next you guys are going to be saying they should play even if they don't feel totally rested :facepalm:

tredigs
03-22-2017, 09:22 PM
I am against booing. How can these guys concentrate when people are booing? Don't you know science says its distracting? This treatment is totally unfair? next you guys are going to be saying they should play even if they don't feel totally rested :facepalm:
Oh shut it. This is a thread about a completely false report that the Warriors laughed at. Join reality you click-bait trolls.

tredigs
03-22-2017, 09:34 PM
My point is that Westbrook has those games and it's common for him to go out and be inefficient. He's had many games where he's shot below 30% with a massive amount of turnovers but the effort is ALWAYS there. When I'm talking about choking and underperforming, it has to be taken into consideration. Odds are KD will be far more efficient at scoring than Westbrook just because he has a more defined offensive arsenal. Westbrook isn't a great shooter while KD is elite at it. It was very uncharacteristic of KD to shoot as bad as he did. Go and watch the series vs Warriors in their last four games. Westbrook was inefficient but he's had equally as worse efficiency in the other series and even in the regular season. KD had three straight games under 40%. How many times do you think that happened in the regular season let alone the playoffs? ZERO times. So there is no bias. I gave you facts. Your definition of choking is someone having a bad game. An inefficient player who shoots inefficiently in a game is having an AVERAGE game. An efficient player who shoots inefficiently in a game when it matters is CHOKING. It's why I think LeBron is unfairly scrutinized as a "choker" when he misses a free throw or three point shot when it matters. He simply isn't a good FT shooter or three point shooter to begin with.

So when LBJ was all but dribbling out the shot clock against the Celtics down in game 6 of the ECF with Cleveland in 2010 i imagine you fully unleashed on his beta-nature, correct? Specifically when he threw off his Cavs jursey heading into the tunnel and went on to join the Heat (via collusion) 2 months later. What a stud amirite?

Jamiecballer
03-22-2017, 09:48 PM
That's right, stick to that red herring to the bitter end. The issue you are bringing up in an oh so delightful way has nothing to do with players not wanting to play but coaches and organizations choosing to rest players because they believe it is in their best interests to do so. But I suppose if you acknowledged the real issue it would be tough to continue this schtick.

ewing
03-23-2017, 06:09 AM
That's right, stick to that red herring to the bitter end. The issue you are bringing up in an oh so delightful way has nothing to do with players not wanting to play but coaches and organizations choosing to rest players because they believe it is in their best interests to do so. But I suppose if you acknowledged the real issue it would be tough to continue this schtick.

Im saying they shouldn't be allowed- not if they aren't fully rested. Science!!

Vinylman
03-23-2017, 07:09 AM
So when LBJ was all but dribbling out the shot clock against the Celtics down in game 6 of the ECF with Cleveland in 2010 i imagine you fully unleashed on his beta-nature, correct? Specifically when he threw off his Cavs jursey heading into the tunnel and went on to join the Heat (via collusion) 2 months later. What a stud amirite?

Dubs fans are priceless... oooh collusion

ummm... Durant was clearly tampered with... of course no one else cares as it is common practice but you have to bring it up when talking about another player

the dubs logo should be a vajayjay with sand in it

Vinylman
03-23-2017, 07:12 AM

yep... the players don't want more rest :rolleyes:

they all whined like ******* during the CBA negotiations about how they need more time off which is why next year the season will begin 7-10 days earlier...

Nowadays Willis Reed would have been told to rest for next season rather than play game 7 against the Lakers...

Scoots
03-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Dubs fans are priceless... oooh collusion

ummm... Durant was clearly tampered with... of course no one else cares as it is common practice but you have to bring it up when talking about another player

the dubs logo should be a vajayjay with sand in it

Don't say "dubs fans" like it's all or even most Dubs fans ... the populace here is not representative.

And in the case of LeBron and Durant ... it's not tampering when it's player to player. Players have no tampering rules whatsoever which is why they spend time recruiting and never get in trouble for it.

Vinylman
03-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Don't say "dubs fans" like it's all or even most Dubs fans ... the populace here is not representative.

And in the case of LeBron and Durant ... it's not tampering when it's player to player. Players have no tampering rules whatsoever which is why they spend time recruiting and never get in trouble for it.

nah dude ... there was tampering in both cases because the agents are the ones coordinating everything

Again, I don't really care because it is the reality of the situation... its just dumb to bring up to try and bolster a point...

I wish the Lakers FO clowns had engaged more in tampering... maybe they would not have sucked so much... Mitchy was like a choir boy ... never contacting anyone before the clock struck midnight... his inability to adapt cost him his job

yeah... not all dubs fans... you are generally reasonable... its just the homers that can't ever see any fault... its like when a guy calls someone biased by offering his own biased opinion...

ewing
03-23-2017, 08:56 AM
yep... the players don't want more rest :rolleyes:

they all whined like ******* during the CBA negotiations about how they need more time off which is why next year the season will begin 7-10 days earlier...

Nowadays Willis Reed would have been told to rest for next season rather than play game 7 against the Lakers...

I disagree, that's the only game they care about. They think they are bigger then the league and view themselves as business men first and basketball players second. Winning rings is huge for your brand and that's what its all about. The league needs to smack these guys down and let know they can make as much as they can branding and playing the media game but they are basketball players first. When the light go on you compete. I think its a shame that guys want to be toolish business men first instead of jocks but that's the culture we live in.

Vinylman
03-23-2017, 09:35 AM
I disagree, that's the only game they care about. They think they are bigger then the league and view themselves as business men first and basketball players second. Winning rings is huge for your brand and that's what its all about. The league needs to smack these guys down and let know they can make as much as they can branding and playing the media game but they are basketball players first. When the light go on you compete. I think its a shame that guys want to be toolish business men first instead of jocks but that's the culture we live in.

I hear ya but I wasn't saying WILLIS wouldn't want to play ... I was saying the team and their advisors

I was being absurd on purpose

ewing
03-23-2017, 09:38 AM

LeBron forced Clev to trade for Kevin Love before he signed with Clev. He didn't even try to hide it.

Chromehounds
03-23-2017, 12:03 PM
LeBron forced Clev to trade for Kevin Love before he signed with Clev. He didn't even try to hide it.

Hahaha...yes, he didn't even try. Only had Barkley spoke up earlier, Chuck the only dude that can make LeRun shut his trap. ;)

Chromehounds
03-23-2017, 12:35 PM

Mamamia you need to stop digging yourself a hole dude, it's getting deeper. I agree players choke in big games, nothing new. But using your above and previous biased post, then it's OK for Westbrook to suck rocks in any games and never be held accountable. lol
Calling out both guys for choking in big games, then gave one a pass, but trashed the other. Then question the other guy character for not giving a crap about the series. And the one dude that you trashed was the dude that left your team. Nah...that wasn't biased. lol
I get it, you're upset KD left. You're letting out steam, this is a good forum to do so. Let it all out you'll feel better. Burn his jersey if need be, but if KD re-sign with OKC again. I'm guessing you'll be one of the first ones buying a brand spanking new KD jersey.:D

Hawkeye15
03-23-2017, 01:12 PM

well, LeBron straight up turned into his own GM after Cleveland

Scoots
03-23-2017, 06:50 PM

Still not tampering.

ewing
03-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Still not tampering.

“Tampering is when a player or team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anybody (player, general manager, etc.) who is under contract with another team in order to negotiate for their services.

Love was under contract in Minn, LeBron wasn't even a member of the Clev but LeBron negotiated a deal to get Love to Clev, and repaid love and Clev by signing with them. (i think LeBron might have even tampered with himself here- next level?? )

So tell how this isn't tampering and what is, Scoots?

Scoots
03-24-2017, 10:11 AM
“Tampering is when a player or team directly or indirectly entices, induces or persuades anybody (player, general manager, etc.) who is under contract with another team in order to negotiate for their services.

Love was under contract in Minn, LeBron wasn't even a member of the Clev but LeBron negotiated a deal to get Love to Clev, and repaid love and Clev by signing with them. (i think LeBron might have tampered with himself here- next level)

I'm talking about one on one talk between players. When players get together for a night out they talk about how good/bad they have it in their teams, I've never seen players who do that fined or even called by the commissioner for tampering.

You say "LeBron negotiated a deal" ... do you KNOW this or have you inferred it? If LeBron said to the Cavs that he would sign with them if they got Love and wouldn't mind if Wiggins et al were traded for Love that is not tampering it's an internal discussion. If you think teams and players talking about acquiring other team's under contract players is tampering then that explains the confusion.

If Draymond Green chatting up KD and telling him how great it is in Oakland is the problem ... well I've never seen that called tampering by any official probably largely because there is no way to stop it so it is effectively not against the rules.

ewing
03-24-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm talking about one on one talk between players. When players get together for a night out they talk about how good/bad they have it in their teams, I've never seen players who do that fined or even called by the commissioner for tampering.

You say "LeBron negotiated a deal" ... do you KNOW this or have you inferred it? If LeBron said to the Cavs that he would sign with them if they got Love and wouldn't mind if Wiggins et al were traded for Love that is not tampering it's an internal discussion. If you think teams and players talking about acquiring other team's under contract players is tampering then that explains the confusion.

If Draymond Green chatting up KD and telling him how great it is in Oakland is the problem ... well I've never seen that called tampering by any official probably largely because there is no way to stop it so it is effectively not against the rules.

So you need video tape? It was clearly tampering, you acting like the NBA needs greater proof then a court of law would doesn't change that. It's a players league and LeBron on a good team for longer is good for business. This way he gets away with it but let's not be naive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 12:35 PM

Love was under contract in Minn, LeBron wasn't even a member of the Clev but LeBron negotiated a deal to get Love to Clev, and repaid love and Clev by signing with them. (i think LeBron might have even tampered with himself here- next level?? )

LeBron James signs with the Cleveland Cavaliers on July 12, 2014.

Kevin Love was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on August 23, 2014.

Am I missing something here? Wtf are you talking about?

ewing
03-24-2017, 01:09 PM
LeBron James signs with the Cleveland Cavaliers on July 12, 2014.

Kevin Love was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on August 23, 2014.

Am I missing something here? Wtf are you talking about?

Omg, the love deal was reported on by every news outlet as a done deal before LeBron signed. Love had no interest in Clev before LeBron or LeBrons people reached out to him. The Warriors and Boston were the front runners if I remember right. Dude if you are going to play dumb until someone give you a tape of the conversations their is no point to this discussion. We all know what happened, this isnt criminal court room, there is no need to act like I need a smoking gun. There plenty to point towards what happened without it

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Omg, the love deal was reported on by every news outlet as a done deal before LeBron signed. Love had no interest in Clev before LeBron or LeBrons people reached out to him. The Warriors and Boston were the front runners if I remember right. Dude if you are going to play dumb until someone give you a tape of the conversations their is no point to this discussion. We all know what happened, this isnt criminal court room, there is no need to act like I need a smoking gun. There plenty to point towards what happened without it

:laugh2: Wow you're reaching. I remember that better than I remember what I ate for dinner last night. You're 100% wrong on it being a done deal before LeBron signed.

The Warriors were a front-runner until talks stalled around Klay Thompson. They didn't wish to give him up. Boston was a part of every trade discussion much like they are today and Ainge won't pull the trigger on anything unless he win the trade by a large amount.

Flip Saunders was vehement about receiving Andrew Wiggins and the Cavs were trying to avoid giving him up (instead offering Bennett + Waiters + other assets). It was past July 12th before the Cavs and Wolves had a deal in place. In fact, Flip was willing to just wait/hold until Love which pushed Cleveland to go ahead and include Wiggins.

Dude now you're just making **** up to fit your narrative?

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 01:34 PM
The Cavs didn't sign Wiggins until July 25th

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11260433/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-andrew-wiggins-rookie-contract

That gave it 30 days until Wiggins could be traded, but the Cavs and Wolves still had heavy negotiations on the Love trade after that. The Cavs did not want to give Wiggins up, and Flip wasn't having it. He stuck to his guns, so much that it took until August 8th before they agreed in principle to trade Love to the Cavs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11320537/kevin-love-trade-cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-agreement-place

Pretty much a full month after LeBron signed. So no, there WAS NOT a deal in place before LeBron signed because the Cavs wanted to keep Wiggins. Ewing, you're wrong man.

ewing
03-24-2017, 02:13 PM
The Cavs didn't sign Wiggins until July 25th

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11260433/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-andrew-wiggins-rookie-contract

That gave it 30 days until Wiggins could be traded, but the Cavs and Wolves still had heavy negotiations on the Love trade after that. The Cavs did not want to give Wiggins up, and Flip wasn't having it. He stuck to his guns, so much that it took until August 8th before they agreed in principle to trade Love to the Cavs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11320537/kevin-love-trade-cleveland-cavaliers-minnesota-timberwolves-agreement-place

Pretty much a full month after LeBron signed. So no, there WAS NOT a deal in place before LeBron signed because the Cavs wanted to keep Wiggins. Ewing, you're wrong man.

I'll find all the reports later. Everyone knew love was going to Clev and had had conversations with Bron about Clev before Bron signed. Bron didn't even include Wiggins in his letter to Clev bc he knew he was gone. No way Bron comes back if doesn't know he has love in hand

Vee-Rex
03-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I'll find all the reports later. Everyone knew love was going to Clev and had had conversations with Bron about Clev before Bron signed. Bron didn't even include Wiggins in his letter to Clev bc he knew he was gone. No way Bron comes back if doesn't know he has love in hand

No, everyone didn't know Love was going to Cleveland before LeBron returned.

Were there trade talks? Absolutely.

Was there speculation? Absolutely.

But nothing was set in stone. There was no done deal. If there was a done deal then Love would've been traded to the Cavs directly after LeBron signed. Instead, the Cavs signed Wiggins on July 25th (13 days after LeBron signed), and on August 8th they agreed to trade Wiggins and offered to refund money to Cavs fans who bought Wiggins jerseys. That headache would NOT have happened if the Cavs and Wolves already had a deal in place before LeBron signed. Flip went nuts in late July/early August for the inclusion of Wiggins.

The signing also prevented the Cavs from trading Wiggins for 30 days... if the deal was already done, the signing wouldn't have taken place and delayed everything.

A bunch of conspiracy theorists took the exclusion of Wiggins from LeBron's return letter and ran crazy with it and your memory is based solely on that.

False.

Love was under contract in Minn, LeBron wasn't even a member of the Clev but LeBron negotiated a deal to get Love to Clev, and repaid love and Clev by signing with them.

False.

Chalk this one up as something you just mis-remembered. I like you as a poster and I've been utterly baffled at the amount of emotion and stubbornness from you lately, man.

ewing
03-24-2017, 02:57 PM
No, everyone didn't know Love was going to Cleveland before LeBron returned.

Were there trade talks? Absolutely.

Was there speculation? Absolutely.

But nothing was set in stone. There was no done deal. If there was a done deal then Love would've been traded to the Cavs directly after LeBron signed. Instead, the Cavs signed Wiggins on July 25th (13 days after LeBron signed), and on August 8th they agreed to trade Wiggins and offered to refund money to Cavs fans who bought Wiggins jerseys. That headache would NOT have happened if the Cavs and Wolves already had a deal in place before LeBron signed. Flip went nuts in late July/early August for the inclusion of Wiggins.

The signing also prevented the Cavs from trading Wiggins for 30 days... if the deal was already done, the signing wouldn't have taken place and delayed everything.

A bunch of conspiracy theorists took the exclusion of Wiggins from LeBron's return letter and ran crazy with it and your memory is based solely on that.

False.

False.

Chalk this one up as something you just mis-remembered. I like you as a poster and I've been utterly baffled at the amount of emotion and stubbornness from you lately, man.

I think you and Scoots are good posters too, blinded by the your love of the current status que, yep but good posters non the less

Scoots
03-24-2017, 09:46 PM
I think you and Scoots are good posters too, blinded by the your love of the current status que, yep but good posters non the less

I concur.