PDA

View Full Version : If you added LeBron the Cleveland Browns....

ewing
03-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Would they win the super bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
03-19-2017, 10:04 AM

:laugh2:

Hell no. There's too many gaps/holes with the Browns. The most impactful position 'Bron would have to play would be QB and he'd most likely suck at it. Even if he was good, he'd never be a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers and those two wouldn't even win the Browns a superbowl.

NYKnickFanatic
03-19-2017, 10:27 AM
If LeBron could clone himself and play QB, RB, TE, WR and CB, I would say yes.

nastynice
03-19-2017, 10:55 AM
He'd actually make a pretty nasty tight end

GREATNESS ONE
03-19-2017, 10:59 AM

Until he got hit. Lebron whines about NBA fouls, imagine him getting lit up once. He'll never go up the middle again.

ewing
03-19-2017, 12:02 PM

I'm convinced he'd be the best in the league

FYL_McVeezy
03-19-2017, 12:52 PM
If you added Lebron to US Men's Soccer.......

Would they win the World Cup?

Chronz
03-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Definitely do better than MJ at baseball

ewing
03-19-2017, 01:08 PM

maybe but I am sure he would talk Tom Brady and Dallas O line into signing first and then blame them for any failure.

tredigs
03-19-2017, 01:11 PM

Clearly. Baseball's a pure skill sport though. Can't jump into it.

Quinnsanity
03-19-2017, 01:35 PM
So I just did a brief check on Pro-Football Reference for fun to see if anyone of LeBron's size had had any success at the NFL level. Wanna guess how many tight ends/receivers they list at 6'8'' or taller have ever played in the NFL? The answer is 17, and just looking at this list (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=total&year_min=1920&year_max=2016&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=0&pos=wr&pos=te&c1stat=height_in&c1comp=gt&c1val=80&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=pass_td&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2016&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos=qb&draft_pos=rb&draft_pos=wr&draft_pos=te&draft_pos=e&draft_pos=t&draft_pos=g&draft_pos=c&draft_pos=ol&draft_pos=dt&draft_pos=de&draft_pos=dl&draft_pos=ilb&draft_pos=olb&draft_pos=lb&draft_pos=cb&draft_pos=s&draft_pos=db&draft_pos=k&draft_pos=p), like half of them are really offensive linemen. The only one who had any success was Harold Carmichael. Even if you lower the threshold to 6'6'', PFR only lists 191 people (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=total&year_min=1920&year_max=2016&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=0&pos=wr&pos=te&c1stat=height_in&c1comp=gt&c1val=78&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=pass_td&draft=0&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2016&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos=qb&draft_pos=rb&draft_pos=wr&draft_pos=te&draft_pos=e&draft_pos=t&draft_pos=g&draft_pos=c&draft_pos=ol&draft_pos=dt&draft_pos=de&draft_pos=dl&draft_pos=ilb&draft_pos=olb&draft_pos=lb&draft_pos=cb&draft_pos=s&draft_pos=db&draft_pos=k&draft_pos=p&offset=100). So I'm inclined to believe LeBron's NFL career would be pretty short. Someone would take out his knee pretty quickly and that would be that.

prodigy
03-19-2017, 01:53 PM
So this thread was made to make fun of the browns, nice... Lets lock this

BTW- Lebron would most likely be a TE in the NFL, not sure how a TE would make any team Superbowl contenders.

nastynice
03-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Until he got hit. Lebron whines about NBA fouls, imagine him getting lit up once. He'll never go up the middle again.

Yea, well in real life that's probably what would happen. But if he grew up playing football, he'd probably be a beast, he'd be used to taking hits, and still be just as much a freak of nature

prodigy
03-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Lebron and other NBA players play basketball the way refs call the game. If you don't call on a charge attempt you won't get the call. Every player whines and complains, pretty much every single player. including non players like us. We all would complain too. Not sure that determines how tough someone is or how much contact they could take on a football field.

One Nut Kruk
03-19-2017, 03:00 PM
The better question is, how long would LeBrown stay?

Vee-Rex
03-19-2017, 07:11 PM
I think LeBron would actually be able to take a lot of contact. He's easily one of the most durable in the NBA right now. Even when he lands all his weight on the side of his ankle or hyper-extend a knee, he's usually fully healed in a matter of minutes. Now obviously taking hits is a different matter, but if any NBA player could do it it'd probably be him.

He's like Superman with cramping being his only kryptonite.

But yes, he'd make a good TE. Don't know if he has the speed for WR, but he did say he ran the 40 in 4.6 seconds, which isn't horrible and is below average for WRs.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-19-2017, 07:18 PM
Last time I remember the Browns near playoffs was when they had Michael Jackson. I think that was a playoff team not sure though.

JAZZNC
03-20-2017, 02:04 AM
I'm convinced he'd be the best in the league

Gronk would continue to be the best ever. Seriously LeBron wouldn't be able to hold Gronks jock strap.

sf-fanatic
03-20-2017, 02:57 AM
What if you add Lavar Ball to the browns ?

KingstonHawke
03-20-2017, 03:17 AM
Everyone talks about Lebron on offense, but I'd love to see him play rush end. He'd be unblockable with that length and athleticism.

MarkieMark48
03-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Yea, well in real life that's probably what would happen. But if he grew up playing football, he'd probably be a beast, he'd be used to taking hits, and still be just as much a freak of nature

Same thing about people saying how Lebron wouldn't stand a change against the bad boy pistons... if you magically teleport him back to the era, yea...hed prolly have a tough time, but not if that's the style he grew up playing, hed adapt and since hes bigger than any of the bad boy pistons hed dish out more punishment than hed take

ewing
03-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Gronk would continue to be the best ever. Seriously LeBron wouldn't be able to hold Gronks jock strap.

maybe but if Gronk picked up a basketball for the first time in 15 years he could play in the NBA too. So its kind of the same thing

PayDaPiper
03-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Id pay good money to watch Lebron suit up for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

krazylegz
03-22-2017, 01:53 PM

do you know how football works??

Rivera
03-22-2017, 03:56 PM
The Browns would still be where they would be at today

now if you added Skal Labissière to the Browns. They would win a SB

YAALREADYKNO
03-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Theyd sell more tickets and still suck