PDA

View Full Version : Do The Spurs Or Cavs Have A Chance Against the Warriors In A Series?

RocketLoc80
03-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Seems like everybody in the media is all but giving the Warriors the title once KD returns but do the defending champs Cavs or a hardened vet team like the Spurs have a shot?

IKnowHoops
03-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Huh? Cavs are winning the chip this year. I already predicted it. Were you aware of my prediction when you created this thread?? Jeez!

IKnowHoops
03-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Seems like everybody in the media is all but giving the Warriors the title once KD returns but do the defending champs Cavs or a hardened vet team like the Spurs have a shot?

KD isn't coming back this year

tp13baby
03-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Cavs can shoot with GS and the Spurs are as good as any team in 100 categories, but seriously they are so good in so many different ways..

HandsOnTheWheel
03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
It's gonna take time for him to get reacclimated once he returns, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they lost early to the Spurs or Rockets in a series.

Scoots
03-16-2017, 10:05 PM
There are no guarantees, and there are twists every year.

nastynice
03-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Mathematically any team has a chance against any team, but in all reality no, neither team has a chance against the Warriors

nastynice
03-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Now that I got the haters' blood pressure up, lol, lemme be serious. I think both Spurs AND cavs should be favored against the Warriors at this point. I think we're right there with Houston, a step behind the other two

ewing
03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Mathematically any team has a chance against any team, but in all reality no, neither team has a chance against the Warriors

Mathematically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heediot
03-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Warriors will be better equipped with KD for a title vs. last year's team (even though they won 73). That doesn't guarantee a title. I think they beat the Cavs in a re-match. There's just too much fire-power and the defense is good enough even without Bogut. The Cavs did good against the Splash brothers but throw in KD and the problem is compounded. I like what Matt Barnes brings, he's a bulldog and will give you some heckling and grit.

prodigy
03-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Spurs ans Cavs both can def beat the warriors. The thing is all 3 of these teams will be even better come playoffs. Cavs and warriors you can tell are just going through the emotions. regular season has become boring to them. Its gonna be great series though i cant wait. hopefully every team is healthy.

PayDaPiper
03-17-2017, 11:45 AM
It's not a forgone conclusion at all. The Warriors obviously have a much tougher path to get to the finals than the Cavs.

Do the Cavs make the finals this year if you swap them and GS? would they get through the western conference?

ManRam
03-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I think it's pretty much the same as last year. The Warriors are the best team and they should and will be favored to win it all. But there's a reason the games are played. The Cavs pulled off a miracle, and that can happen again. I just wouldn't personally bet on it.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2017, 11:56 AM
the Warriors from last year proved they can get fancy and lose to an inferior roster. So the answer is yes...either team can beat them. Would I bet on it with a healthy Durant? No

dhopisthename
03-17-2017, 11:56 AM
if Durant is a 100% I don't think any team has a chance, but its very possible he is not ever a 100% again this year. Cavs have the same health issues

nastynice
03-17-2017, 12:06 PM
Mathematically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...I'm not so sure anymore...

GoferKing_
03-17-2017, 12:08 PM
If Durant returns then no.

mrblisterdundee
03-17-2017, 12:22 PM
I think the Cavaliers, Spurs, Jazz, Celtics and Rockets all have a chance, albeit a slim one, to beat the Warriors. Even before Durant got injured, the Warriors weren't as bulletproof as last year.
I really like the Jazz, who can put athletic, strong defenders out at every position, and play big or small. Their real issue is who scores in the clutch, although Hayward is a clear alpha now, and Johnson should still be able to step up in big moments.

PowerHouse
03-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Warriors will prolly get bounced as soon as they face Spurs or the Rockets.

2nd round and out.

Avenged
03-17-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes. Wouldn't bank on it, but yes.

valade16
03-17-2017, 12:54 PM
Not only do they have a chance, if they face the Warriors without KD, they would be the favorites.

Vee-Rex
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Spurs fly under the radar as usual and will be a threat.

But this Rockets team man... they're deadly. This is NOT the same team of the past 2 years. I know, I know... a Mike D'Antoni system is not great for the playoffs!

But it's not just D'Antoni. They've handed the PG play-making keys to Harden and surrounded him with great additions in Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Lou Williams. Both Harrell and Capela are good pieces and have improved this year over last. Not to mention a healthy Patrick Beverley is good. Even Nene is contributing.

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz (soooo tough), and if the Clippers can be fully healthy for the playoffs... wow, that's gonna be an entertaining Western Conference playoffs.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Spurs fly under the radar as usual and will be a threat.

But this Rockets team man... they're deadly. This is NOT the same team of the past 2 years. I know, I know... a Mike D'Antoni system is not great for the playoffs!

But it's not just D'Antoni. They've handed the PG play-making keys to Harden and surrounded him with great additions in Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Lou Williams. Both Harrell and Capela are good pieces and have improved this year over last. Not to mention a healthy Patrick Beverley is good. Even Nene is contributing.

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz (soooo tough), and if the Clippers can be fully healthy for the playoffs... wow, that's gonna be an entertaining Western Conference playoffs.

I don't trust the Rockets to get stops when they need to.

prodigy
03-17-2017, 01:44 PM
It's not a forgone conclusion at all. The Warriors obviously have a much tougher path to get to the finals than the Cavs.

Do the Cavs make the finals this year if you swap them and GS? would they get through the western conference?

If they still have Lebron James yes. He's playing some of his best basketball ever, I have no reason to doubt him or Kyrie. It'll be harder though. Although Boston, Washington and Raptors are no bums.

Dade County
03-17-2017, 02:13 PM

Not a chance.

Of course the series will be prolonged for entertainment reasons, but unless GS is ordered not to win this season (Lbj vs Dallas) or a injury happens, they win it all this season.

FlashBolt
03-17-2017, 02:17 PM
I fully expect Cavs to beat the Warriors at this point. With that roster, they are more than equipped to do so.

SfgiantsJD3
03-17-2017, 02:22 PM
So if the Spurs and Warriors end up the 1 and 2 seeds out of the West with a better W/L than the Cavs who is the host if the 1 or 2 comes out of the west? The better record or the higher seed?

JasonJohnHorn
03-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Yes. Obviously. They have a chance. Both roster healthy? I'd give a clear edge to the Warriors, but the Spurs are on pace to get well past 60 wins. They are clearly an elite team capable of beating any team in the league in the 7-game series.

Vee-Rex
03-17-2017, 02:49 PM
So if the Spurs and Warriors end up the 1 and 2 seeds out of the West with a better W/L than the Cavs who is the host if the 1 or 2 comes out of the west? The better record or the higher seed?

Best record gets HCA.