PDA

View Full Version : Who wins this Final Four?

Heediot
03-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Since the College BB tournament starts today/this week I was wondering if all these eligible NBA guys were still in college who wins the final four? Take into consideration college styles of play and rules.

Kentucky
Starters Ulis/Monk/Booker/Randle/Towns
Bench D. Fox/J.Murray/Harrison Twins/J. Young/Lyles/Labisierre/Cauley-Stein

Duke
Starters T. Jones/Kennard/Winslow/Jefferson/Okafor
Bench G. Allen/F. Jackson/M. Jones/Tatum/Ingram/Giles/Jeter

Kansas
Starters Mason/Oubre/Wiggins/J.Jackson/Embiid
Bench Graham/Vick/Selden Jr./Ukrainian Kid/Bragg/C. Alexander/L. Lucas/Diallo

Arizona
Starters Jackson Cartwright/Trier/S. Johnson/A. Gordon/Markannen
Bench Alkins, K. Allen, Simmons, Hollis-Jefferson/Ristic

Bonus who wins real life final four?

tp13baby
03-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Kansas for me and it's not close

Heediot
03-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Kentucky and Duke could be argued to be deeper, but there is only 1 ball and 200 minutes to spread.

Avenged
03-16-2017, 01:19 PM

agreed.

Heediot
03-16-2017, 06:20 PM
So y'all dont think Kentucky has a chance with all that NBA talent? Towns could be argued to be the best player out of all 4 teams.

Kansas and Arizona should have the better defenses. Duke and Kentucky have more firepower. Duke has the best coach.

Quinnsanity
03-17-2017, 03:06 AM
How is the answer not Kentucky? Kansas has two NBA starters. I'm not convinced Duke or Arizona have any. Kentucky has like 6 or 7, plus the best player in the whole group (KAT) and the 4th best (Booker). As far as immediate NBA impact goes I think I'd take Lyles, Murray, Randle and Cauley-Stein over anyone besides Wiggins and Embiid.

Heediot
03-17-2017, 09:22 AM
I like Booker's zone busting abilities better then Wiggins. His handles are smoother and his jumper is more reliable.

the defensive combo of Jackson and Embiid is pretty devastating though.

It's close, in a one and done, one bad game and your out.

If I had to choose I'd probably be a homer and go with Kansas.

Yanks All Day
03-17-2017, 10:16 AM
It's between Kentucky and Duke. I don't think Arizona is particularly close to the top 3. Kansas has the "sexy" names in Wiggins and Embiid, but doesn't have the same depth as the top 2. So I'd give the edge to UK and Duke.

Kentucky

Duke
Starters T. Jones/Kennard/Winslow/Jefferson/Okafor
Bench G. Allen/F. Jackson/M. Jones/Tatum/Ingram/Giles/Jeter

It's 2 totally different teams. Kentucky is a bigger team. Duke is better on the perimeter. I tend to lean towards teams with better wing players, specifically at the Small Forward position. There's an abundance of SF talent at Duke. Justise Winslow, Jayson Tatum, Brandon Ingram, etc. are all big, long, and athletic defenders. They'd wreak havoc on the perimeter and be a problem for Kentucky defensively. Regardless of Devin Booker's shooting on Kentucky, Tyus Jones, Luke Kennard, and Grayson Allen would provide more than enough big shot making to hold it down on the perimeter.

So to me, Duke is better on the perimeter and has better wing athletes/defenders. Not to mention, Duke has the better coach. I give the advantage to the Blue Devils, but I wouldn't be shocked if Kentucky won. If they played 100 times, I'd think Duke wins 55 times to Kentucky's 45. That's how close I think it is.

EDIT: Also, If Wiggins is at Kansas, that means Duke also has Jabari Parker. Add that to the athletic SF/PF list and I'd give it to Duke even more.

Heediot
03-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Clutch shot makers are huge in the ncaa tournament. Kemba and Shabazz were big for Uconn in their championship runs. Not too sure if Kansas has that guy, Mason has been more reliable in the 4th this year, but that may be their downfall because a lot of these games come down to the wire. Andrew Harrison wasn't the most talented guy when he was at Kentucky but it was his big shots that saved their ***** and almost got UK another title. I think Duke is the most clutch team out of them all and they have the most decorated coach.

tp13baby
03-17-2017, 01:31 PM
College isn't about depth. More than half the tourney teams play 7 or 8 at most. It's a guards game in college.

Kansas is the best defensive team by a mile, and the versatility of their top 7 they can throw any matchup at you they want. Everyone is judging Wiggins how he defends in the pros. Dudes shot 30 percent 1 on 1 against Wiggins via Jay Bilas. Oubre was a good defender despite not being a big offense contributor. Defensively Kansas would shut teams down and offensively have no problem putting up points with Mason Jackson Wiggins and Joel. They have enough depth with Alexander, Sheldon Diallo, Vick to be fine since most college starters are playing 30-35 minutes a game anyways like Mason is. How much of a bench contribution do you really need?

xxplayerxx23
03-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Kentucky easy

Booker -Randle -Towns you can't stop that.

mrblisterdundee
03-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Since the College BB tournament starts today/this week I was wondering if all these eligible NBA guys were still in college who wins the final four? Take into consideration college styles of play and rules.

Kentucky

Kansas
Starters Mason/Oubre/Wiggins/J.Jackson/Embiid
Bench Graham/Vick/Selden Jr./Ukrainian Kid/Bragg/C. Alexander/L. Lucas/Diallo

For me, it comes down to Kentucky and Kansas. Kentucky has better floor-spacing overall. Monk, Booker and Murray can murder everyone from the perimeter. Embiid and Towns kind of cancel each other out.
If I were Kentucky, I'd start Monk, Booker and Murray. Stick Cauley-Stein on Embiid, and let Towns dominate.

And what about UCLA? If you're reaching back to 2014, like you did with Kansas, Wiggins and Embiid, I think they should at least be in the conversation:

Starters: LaVine, Ball, Muhammad, Looney, Anigbogu
Bench: Alford, Powell, Adams, Anderson, Holiday, Leaf, the Wears

tp13baby
03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
For me, it comes down to Kentucky and Kansas. Kentucky has better floor-spacing overall. Monk, Booker and Murray can murder everyone from the perimeter. Embiid and Towns kind of cancel each other out.
If I were Kentucky, I'd start Monk, Booker and Murray. Stick Cauley-Stein on Embiid, and let Towns dominate.

And what about UCLA? If you're reaching back to 2014, like you did with Kansas, Wiggins and Embiid, I think they should at least be in the conversation:

Kansas has the size where they would easily out board Kentucky but great defenders who can guard perimeter. To big for Kentucky too.

UCLA is about where Arizona is for me.

Heediot
03-17-2017, 05:41 PM

True about UCLA, they may have guys still college eligible that didn't pop into my mind.

Also. It's hard to bench Ulis as he was a strong POY candidate last year. He is most likely still their best play-maker and floor general and you need that in the college game. His college range is more then respectable as well. They have enough rim protectors and size the front court to hide his size disadvantage on the perimeter.

Heediot
03-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Kansas has the size where they would easily out board Kentucky but great defenders who can guard perimeter. To big for Kentucky too.

UCLA is about where Arizona is for me.

I feel Kansas has the defense to bother Duke's perimeter shooters. Embiid will hold his own on his teammate down low. Kentucky poses more problems and has a advantage down low. I like Kansas' matchup over Duke. Kentucky's matchup over Kansas and Duke's matchup over Kentucky.

Jeffy25
03-18-2017, 02:50 AM
Kansas with Kentucky right behind or equal

Heediot
03-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Crazy finish for the Nova Badgers game. Badgers up by one just over a minute left.

Bausman
03-18-2017, 10:26 PM
So y'all dont think Kentucky has a chance with all that NBA talent? Towns could be argued to be the best player out of all 4 teams.

Kansas and Arizona should have the better defenses. Duke and Kentucky have more firepower. Duke has the best coach.

So could Embid or wiggins