PDA

View Full Version : Cavs sign Larry Sanders

mrblisterdundee
03-13-2017, 11:37 AM
The Cavaliers have signed Larry Sanders to replace Andrew Bogut:

Sanders and his agent, Joel Bell, are in Cleveland on Monday as Sanders takes a physical. After he is examined, the Cavaliers will waive Bogut, sources said.
Sanders is attempting a comeback after two years away from the NBA, and scouts who have watched him work out recently say his timing is off a little and his muscle mass is down from where it used to be. But they report that he is still an athletic player whose talent is tempting, even considering his history of off-the-court issues.
The 28-year-old has violated the NBA's drug policy four times with positive marijuana tests. He also walked away from the game and later checked himself into a hospital for anxiety and depression.
- ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18897252/cleveland-cavaliers-larry-sanders-reach-contract-agreement)

tredigs
03-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Desperation move, I love the NBA.

NYKnickFanatic
03-13-2017, 11:54 AM

:rolleyes:

Some Warriors fans were drooling at the fact they might sign Sanders in the beginning of the season, now it's a "desperation move".

tredigs
03-13-2017, 12:01 PM
:rolleyes:

Some Warriors fans were drooling at the fact they might sign Sanders in the beginning of the season, now it's a "desperation move".

Hahah what? Who?

This guy hasn't played in organized basketball, let alone professional basketball in years. They passed on Bogut, and Larry Sanders is a far cry from Bogut. I honestly cannot believe this washed up clown got another chance.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2017, 12:05 PM
so? The dude hasn't played in a few years, is a mental midget, and we should care why?

Vinylman
03-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Hahah what? Who?

This guy hasn't played in organized basketball, let alone professional basketball in years. They passed on Bogut, and Larry Sanders is a far cry from Bogut. I honestly cannot believe this washed up clown got another chance.

JaVale McGee?

LA4life24/8
03-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Doubtful he can make a significant impact this year. Maybe next year. But the dude hasnt played for 2 years and he said it caused him too much anxiety (IN MILWAUKEE, where theres next to 0 expectation) and now he's just gonna come out of the woodworks and play meaningful minutes during the playoffs and (most likely) the finals? Nah. I dont buy it. Bogut? Sure been there done that. Sanders, no. Not this year.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 12:10 PM
His last professional game at any level was prior to Christmas of 2014.

This signing is yuge. I mean it's brilliant.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 12:12 PM
JaVale McGee?
You're comparing a street walker to a professional basketball player? One that is contributing to the best team in the NBA? Seems strange but I'll roll with it.

JAZZNC
03-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Cue crazy Cavs fan saying this is a great move. Dude ain't a difference maker but I guess he's tall so there's that.

mightybosstone
03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Lebron has had some luck in the past getting decent production out of previously washed up players (Oden, Beasley, Derrick Williams, etc.), but I can't imagine this signing will make a huge difference for them down the stretch. But I will say that, watching that game last night, they could definitely use some help in the interior of their defense. If Sanders could even be 80 percent of the defender and rebounder he was in Milwaukee at his peak, he could feasibly be an impact signing for them. I just don't think it's very likely.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Lol @ all the guys with the pre-emptive insecurity, jfc. Larry's time has likely passed, but if there's anyone who could revive his career it'd be LeBron. He's the corpse reviver. It's unlikely he'll make a difference, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyone with a better free agent target? Didn't think so.

ewing
03-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Lol @ all the guys with the pre-emptive insecurity, jfc. Larry's time has likely passed, but if there's anyone who could revive his career it'd be LeBron. He's the corpse reviver. It's unlikely he'll make a difference, but we'll see how it goes.

If he can protect the rim and rebound it has nothing to do with LeBron. None of us know if he will be good or not right now. He had ability so it definitely worth a shot if you are Clev

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 12:43 PM
If he can protect the rim and rebound it has nothing to do with LeBron. None of us know if he will be good or not right now. He had ability so it definitely worth a shot if you are Clev

Right.

David Aldridge reports that the plan is to have him play in the D-League the entire time, and only bring him up if Love/TT/Frye gets injured during the playoffs.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 12:45 PM

Definitely. Can't wait for Lebron to space Larry Sanders on his corner 3's. You're right. Not a desperation move : )

Hellcrooner
03-13-2017, 12:45 PM
does not make sense to do this at this time of the season.
not time enough for a player that has been retired for two years to get the rust off if at least he had been playing other sport then maybe.....but not the case.
if signed in september he might be ready for the playoffs.
but not enough time now.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Definitely. Can't wait for Lebron to space Larry Sanders on his corner 3's. You're right. Not a desperation move : )

I'm sure he could motivate and push him. RJ's resurgence to become a non-bum player involved much more than just hitting open 3's.

We need another big man though and I haven't found another person that makes more sense.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2017, 12:55 PM
Right.

David Aldridge reports that the plan is to have him play in the D-League the entire time, and only bring him up if Love/TT/Frye gets injured during the playoffs.

not a bad plan

Forever35
03-13-2017, 12:57 PM
I think it's a great move for the Cavs going forward not necessarily for now... They have zero future good draft picks coming up... He's gonna be 29 years this year...

Looking way into this signing, it could eventually make Tristan Thompson movable... IMO he can net a decent return whether with picks or another player...

A team like Cleveland is obviously bound to get older rather than younger, so keeping them in contention is the most important thing...

Sanders is a huge upside reward and low risk...

They easily become the most tattooed team...

tredigs
03-13-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm sure he could motivate and push him. RJ's resurgence to become a non-bum player involved much more than just hitting open 3's.

We need another big man though and I haven't found another person that makes more sense.

Luke Walton attributes Richard Jefferson's resurgence to playing off-season volleyball (not joking lol), but sure we can chalk that up to Lebron as well.

Anyway, looking forward to LBJ sideline rooting on Larry at the "Canton Charge!" home games for the next couple months. #FearTheDeadDeer

ewing
03-13-2017, 01:17 PM

LeBron once told Trump he could be President :speechless:

IKnowHoops
03-13-2017, 01:30 PM
nothin better than GS fans insinuating the Cavs are in desperation mode. Meanwhile it seams like every week for the last two months something happens overthere that looks to derail there season. Misery loves company as they say.

Injured Durant
Deralict Draymond
Field hand Iggy
"Dont talk about me" Javale
Massa Kerr
"I shoot the 3 this year at the same rate as Bron" Curry
"I shoot the 3 worse than Bron this year" Klay

Im happy to face this team in the finals.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 01:33 PM
nothin better than GS fans insinuating the Cavs are in desperation

They've lost 6 of their last 9 (not a crazy hard stretch of games) and have a +4.1 win differential (they're the Jazz) and just signed a street-walker. What are we supposed to think? Lmao, do the Warriors seem desperate to you?

IKnowHoops
03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
They've lost 6 of their last 9 (not a crazy hard stretch of games) and have a +4.1 win differential (they're the Jazz) and just signed a street-walker. What are we supposed to think? Lmao, do the Warriors seem desperate to you?

nothin better than GS fans insinuating the Cavs are in desperation mode. Meanwhile it seams like every week for the last two months something happens overthere that looks to derail there season. Misery loves company as they say.

Injured Durant
Deralict Draymond
Field hand Iggy
Massa Kerr

Yes, they seem done to me. Ready to implode. Are they still the favorites in your eyes?

JLynn943
03-13-2017, 01:52 PM
I liked Sanders a lot before he quit. Hopefully he got himself sorted out and can get back to where he was before. He could have an impact on the league yet, even if it doesn't end up being this year.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 02:06 PM

Injured Durant
Deralict Draymond
Field hand Iggy
Massa Kerr

Yes, they seem done to me. Ready to implode. Are they still the favorites in your eyes?

"TalkingPointHoops". Lol, are you 12? Yes, they are the favorites. And I'm not sure Cleveland is a top 3 team in the league.

Yanks All Day
03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
"TalkingPointHoops". Lol, are you 12? Yes, they are the favorites. And I'm not sure Cleveland is a top 3 team in the league.

I mean, without Kevin Durant the Warriors are certainly not the favorites by any stretch. But that's a different discussion all together.

Larry Sanders is nothing more than insurance in case another big man goes down. Clevaland is just waiting until Kevin Love comes back and it solves a lot of rebounding issues. No one in the East is beating them and they know it. It's about staying healthy and rested until the playoffs start. Anyone who views the East in any other way is really reaching.

The Cavaliers are in a spot where they're working JR Smith back into rotation, incorporating Deron Williams, waiting on Korver to get back, and expecting Kevin Love back all by the last week of the season. These last 20-ish games are literally scrimmages for them in preparation for the playoffs.

All that said, they still only lost to Houston on the road in the 2nd game of a back-to-back by 5 points. How many people think, say, the Warriors right now, can do that? Of the 3 teams considered "the best," in the NBA, Cleveland has the best player, easiest playoff schedule, deepest team, and fewest amount of major injuries/health concerns. It's not the Cavs I'd be worried about.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
I mean, without Kevin Durant the Warriors are certainly not the favorites by any stretch. But that's a different discussion all together.

Larry Sanders is nothing more than insurance in case another big man goes down. Clevaland is just waiting until Kevin Love comes back and it solves a lot of rebounding issues. No one in the East is beating them and they know it. It's about staying healthy and rested until the playoffs start. Anyone who views the East in any other way is really reaching.

The Cavaliers are in a spot where they're working JR Smith back into rotation, incorporating Deron Williams, waiting on Korver to get back, and expecting Kevin Love back all by the last week of the season. These last 20-ish games are literally scrimmages for them in preparation for the playoffs.

All that said, they still only lost to Houston on the road in the 2nd game of a back-to-back by 5 points. How many people think, say, the Warriors right now, can do that? Of the 3 teams considered "the best," in the NBA, Cleveland has the best player, easiest playoff schedule, deepest team, and fewest amount of major injuries/health concerns. It's not the Cavs I'd be worried about.

Here's a few fun facts:

Cavs are 0-9 on road b2b's this year.

Cavs are 3-0 on home b2b's this year.

There is also no other team with total missed games (by injured players) that are even close to the Cavs in total wins this year. Cleveland is by far the most winningest team with a bunch of missed games for injuries (Miami, Denver, Philly, etc... have been devastated by injuries this year).

With the additions of Derrick and Deron, Kyle, JR coming back, and absence of Love (Bogut injury stunk, even Birdman injury hurt when Love was out), we're definitely in a funk and Lue is trying to figure stuff out with all sorts of wild lineups and different rotations.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 03:40 PM

Strong point frankly. And I do see the two as the Finals result once again. Though assuming both Love/KD are back at that point and playing near their peak, I don't see it as a series Cleveland will win. If they got a guy like Dwight Howard on the cheap, yes, we'd have a legitimate (and incredible) series.

GodsSon
03-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't it be crazy if he blew-up a la Whiteside??

R. Johnson#3
03-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Signing Larry Sanders is basically the Cavs buying a lottery ticket. There's also nobody worth mentioning who's available right now so why not go for him? If he sucks then he rides the bench but if he plays well (he probably won't) it could be huge.

Scoots
03-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Totally worth the shot, same as in the off-season ... but I assume him failing to get a contract this offseason is some indication of how they perceived him. I really hope he can revive his career.

NYKnickFanatic
03-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Hahah what? Who?

I wish I could find the thread but I'm tired of searching.

NYKnickFanatic
03-13-2017, 04:49 PM
All he has to do is rebound, block shots and catch some lobs.

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Totally worth the shot, same as in the off-season ... but I assume him failing to get a contract this offseason is some indication of how they perceived him. I really hope he can revive his career.

Sanders was also evaluated by Boston over a month ago... apparently they didn't like what they saw and that he was super frail/skinny.

I heard he put on some pounds since then and has been beefing up, but he's definitely got a ton more work to do before he's in basketball shape.

Nikeman
03-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Everyone can hate, but this is a 0% risk signing with huge upside.

Sanders is 28, so it's not like he's some 35 year old guy who has no athleticism. He isn't going to be asked to do anything major. His only expectation is to provide interior defense, rebound and catch easy lobs.

Its March 13th. He has a full month before the NBA playoffs start to get his legs under him in the D-league. Say what you want, the Cavs first three playoff rounds is just a tune-up before facing GS (provided KD returns healthy). The Celtics/Wizards etc aren't going to beat a healthy Cleveland team, no way. If you watch Cleveland, they look bored and lackadaisical, they truly don't even care. Once they are fully healthy with JR back, Love back, they will destroy the east. In the 2nd round, you can maybe bring Sanders in and evaluate him.

Really, he has about 3 months to get into some kind of basketball shape as June 1st is when the season starts. He will play a maximum of 10-12 minutes if he's even ready. He's not being expected to go and be Cleveland's starting center and win them games.

If he cannot get into shape this year, I don't think Cleveland really cares, as long as he provides some value by next season.

WITZ
03-13-2017, 09:09 PM

Its about as desperate as the warriors signing Calderon only to release him to sign that bum Barnes :laugh2:

Saddletramp
03-14-2017, 05:38 AM
Its about as desperate as the warriors signing Calderon only to release him to sign that bum Barnes :laugh2:

Or sitting their guys in a regular season game to save their legs for the playoffs that are still over a month away. :laugh2:

Heediot
03-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Signing Larry Sanders is basically the Cavs buying a lottery ticket. There's also nobody worth mentioning who's available right now so why not go for him? If he sucks then he rides the bench but if he plays well (he probably won't) it could be huge.

$$$$$. There's basically no risk. If he pans out, I think his defense translates to playoff basketball. We've seen guys like Biyombo contribute and make some sort of impact in the playoffs. I think Warriors fans have a bit of fear of him panning out more then anything, it's that possibility no matter how small that has them a bit concerned.

TheDish87
03-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Sanders should have been black balled form the league

COOLbeans
03-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Hahah what? Who?

He said "Some" Warriors fans as to not be specific as to when or who he heard this from. Noone was drolling, but he was an option to round out our bench lol

IKnowHoops
03-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Strong point frankly. And I do see the two as the Finals result once again. Though assuming both Love/KD are back at that point and playing near their peak, I don't see it as a series Cleveland will win. If they got a guy like Dwight Howard on the cheap, yes, we'd have a legitimate (and incredible) series.

I've never thought Durant was coming back. I felt he was out for the year. Based on what I have seen and felt with injuries, IMO, he won't be back, and I have never torn a ligament before, but I have been twisted up and been around many injuries of teammates. As you said Tre, there is no way I could know down to the degree that it takes to know for sure. But just based off my own personal experiences in sports, and based off of what I saw before, during and after the injury, I don't see him being able to play NBA basketball in 3 months. I feel he has a 4-6 month injury. Meaning, he won't feel right getting on that thing and running around and cutting for a minimum of 4 months. Again, just my opinion.

I have no idea about Love. Nothing really to go off of other than a report.

Vee-Rex
03-14-2017, 02:25 PM
I've never thought Durant was coming back. I felt he was out for the year. Based on what I have seen and felt with injuries, IMO, he won't be back, and I have never torn a ligament before, but I have been twisted up and been around many injuries of teammates. As you said Tre, there is no way I could know down to the degree that it takes to know for sure. But just based off my own personal experiences in sports, and based off of what I saw before, during and after the injury, I don't see him being able to play NBA basketball in 3 months. I feel he has a 4-6 month injury. Meaning, he won't feel right getting on that thing and running around and cutting for a minimum of 4 months. Again, just my opinion.

I have no idea about Love. Nothing really to go off of other than a report.

Durant is already at practice and have been moving around a bit.

His injury didn't require surgery. Idk, I think he'll be fine for the playoffs, 2nd round at the absolute latest.

IKnowHoops
03-14-2017, 02:30 PM

As knowledgeable as you are about basketball, your bias for your Team causes you to miss out on reality from time to time.

I love when Lebron yells at somebody on the court, for you that equals = Lebron is loosing it.

But when Dray gets benched, yells at teammates, coaches, refs and gets kicked out of game, for you that equals = Draymond is an amazing leader (not a wining ------ like Bron).

Its just amazing. Dubs loose to a few teams they are not supposed to and best player on there team may not come back and for you that equals = Of course they are the favorites

Cavs loose to teams they are not supposed to, to you that equals= they are not a top 3 team anymore.

Double standards galore.

I'm probably the same way. We all no a little more about the team we follow and so that extra info gives us the ammo to make excuses...I get it, we all do it. For some reason I am most entertained when you do it.

IKnowHoops
03-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Durant is already at practice and have been moving around a bit.

His injury didn't require surgery. Idk, I think he'll be fine for the playoffs, 2nd round at the absolute latest.

Interesting. Good.

IKnowHoops
03-14-2017, 02:36 PM

This is what I'm talking bout Tre. Did you enlighten us to this desperation or was this a solid move by the warriors?

cmellofan15
03-14-2017, 04:29 PM
doing anything you can to win a title is not a bad thing. lebron learned that in 2011, maybe dray learned it last year.

prodigy
03-15-2017, 09:23 AM

I'd be kinda surprised if Sanders isn't at least a solid role player. The Kid has talent and a freak athlete we all know that. He was a good rebounder and defender which is what the Cavs need. I preferred Sanders over Bogut because of that athletic ability and running up and down the court. Bogut wouldn't play much in the post season. But a guy like sanders could see consistent minutes if he returns to his form with the bucks.

Cavs will start in in the D-leauge as well. But i do believe he will make an impact for the cavs in the playoffs. TT needs a break at some point lol.

Vee-Rex
03-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Larry Sanders debuted last night. Picked up a couple fouls and missed a shot, lol.

He's skinny as hell, though. When I think about it, I'm not sure he'll be able to have any real impact this year, including the playoffs. He needs to put on 20 pounds but if you do that mid-season it's a sure-fire lead to a bad knee injury. I'm expecting him to be in much better physical condition for the 2017-18 NBA season.

prodigy
03-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Larry Sanders debuted last night. Picked up a couple fouls and missed a shot, lol.

He's skinny as hell, though. When I think about it, I'm not sure he'll be able to have any real impact this year, including the playoffs. He needs to put on 20 pounds but if you do that mid-season it's a sure-fire lead to a bad knee injury. I'm expecting him to be in much better physical condition for the 2017-18 NBA season.

He had no business being put in an NBA game at all right now. that was a poor job by Lue.

The Cavs will have him on a health plan I'm not worried at all how skinny an NBA player is. But he will need time in the D-league just to understand the speed of the game again. it'll take time, but they need him for the playoffs. Defensive minded big will be huge.

Yanks All Day
03-16-2017, 09:05 AM
He had no business being put in an NBA game at all right now. that was a poor job by Lue.

The Cavs will have him on a health plan I'm not worried at all how skinny an NBA player is. But he will need time in the D-league just to understand the speed of the game again. it'll take time, but they need him for the playoffs. Defensive minded big will be huge.

Honestly, I think Larry Sanders will only have a spot on the Cavaliers playoff roster for injury insurance purposes and IF they have a bad size matchup in the Finals. Who in the East has the size to really put a healthy Thompson, Love, and LeBron in trouble? It would really take a lot of foul trouble or injuries to put Cleveland in that spot.

I think the Sanders move is entirely with 2017-2018 season in mind. The kid could play ball when he was in the NBA. Bring him in now, get him used to the NBA training program again, maybe see some playoff action, and take a full off-season to get back into NBA form. Cleveland would have the first shot at keeping him, and if he rounds back into form, that's a legit defensive-minded big man for cheap. Cleveland goes 10-11 deep on a normal night with their current roster. Larry Sanders is a future investment with little-to-no risk.

prodigy
03-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Honestly, I think Larry Sanders will only have a spot on the Cavaliers playoff roster for injury insurance purposes and IF they have a bad size matchup in the Finals. Who in the East has the size to really put a healthy Thompson, Love, and LeBron in trouble? It would really take a lot of foul trouble or injuries to put Cleveland in that spot.

I think the Sanders move is entirely with 2017-2018 season in mind. The kid could play ball when he was in the NBA. Bring him in now, get him used to the NBA training program again, maybe see some playoff action, and take a full off-season to get back into NBA form. Cleveland would have the first shot at keeping him, and if he rounds back into form, that's a legit defensive-minded big man for cheap. Cleveland goes 10-11 deep on a normal night with their current roster. Larry Sanders is a future investment with little-to-no risk.

TT cannot play 48 minutes though. That's where Sanders will be very nice to have. 10-15 minutes a game to rebound and defend will be nice.

I also agree this is a move for next season as well. They need a more bigs for depth. this helps. plus he's still young.

Yanks All Day
03-16-2017, 11:46 AM
TT cannot play 48 minutes though. That's where Sanders will be very nice to have. 10-15 minutes a game to rebound and defend will be nice.

I also agree this is a move for next season as well. They need a more bigs for depth. this helps. plus he's still young.

I think the beauty of the way Cleveland plays is that they don't have to have Thompson play 48 minutes. They often go small with Love at the 5 and then the bench rotation has Frye at the 5 with LeBron at the 4. Their style of play isn't really reliant on a big man. It just seems like there's a hole right now because Love isn't playing and they're missing out on a bunch of rebounds. Heck, for stretches of many games, I think Cleveland prefers to have a lineup of Kyrie-JR-Jefferson-LeBron-Love because there's so much floor spacing.

Not that it's not important to have legitimate big men, but the Cavs are in the enviable position where the only 2 teams that can really provide the big men depth that give them problems are in the West (San Antonio and Houston).

Chronz
03-16-2017, 02:10 PM
ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!

prodigy
03-16-2017, 02:12 PM
I think the beauty of the way Cleveland plays is that they don't have to have Thompson play 48 minutes. They often go small with Love at the 5 and then the bench rotation has Frye at the 5 with LeBron at the 4. Their style of play isn't really reliant on a big man. It just seems like there's a hole right now because Love isn't playing and they're missing out on a bunch of rebounds. Heck, for stretches of many games, I think Cleveland prefers to have a lineup of Kyrie-JR-Jefferson-LeBron-Love because there's so much floor spacing.

Not that it's not important to have legitimate big men, but the Cavs are in the enviable position where the only 2 teams that can really provide the big men depth that give them problems are in the West (San Antonio and Houston).

I agree, the NBA in general is changing. But the Cavs defense this season has been crap. I mean straight garbage. Sanders isn't a typical big either, He can run the floor very well. So its a nice piece to have. He's kinda like TT in a way. Sanders was a better defender though. We will see if he still has something to offer.

Saddletramp
03-16-2017, 04:51 PM
ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!

He pulled a Finals Klay last year around this time, too. It's his yearly rehab break. He'll be back soon (assuming the Warriors get back to their winning ways).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Larry Sanders best season was like 2012. Good luck. He dropped off after that. Less points and what not. Also moody as he is and weed. Yeesh that's begging for a kick out of the league drug test any minute like Mayo. Also if his head is on straight or not. Time to put bets on when he's technical out of a game. He's worse then Green remember. I could see him try hard in a playoff series and some team gullible to over pay him this summer though.

tredigs
03-16-2017, 08:18 PM
ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!

You don't think he can actually contribute, do you? The fact that we even have a thread for a guy whose career ended years ago is pretty funny to me.

So much for that D-League stint though. Cavs seem to be trying to get him on the court immediately (2 fouls and 1 missed shot in 2 minutes of action for a PER of negative 38. So seems about where we expected him ; )

tredigs
03-16-2017, 08:20 PM
He pulled a Finals Klay last year around this time, too. It's his yearly rehab break. He'll be back soon (assuming the Warriors get back to their winning ways).

Lol yes, when I was too busy to post for a few months while the Warriors broke the All-Time reg season record. Came back for the OKC series when they were down. What's your point here exactly?

Saddletramp
03-17-2017, 02:42 AM
Lol yes, when I was too busy to post for a few months while the Warriors broke the All-Time reg season record. Came back for the OKC series when they were down. What's your point here exactly?

Just ****in' with ya.

prodigy
03-17-2017, 10:26 AM
You don't think he can actually contribute, do you? The fact that we even have a thread for a guy whose career ended years ago is pretty funny to me.

So much for that D-League stint though. Cavs seem to be trying to get him on the court immediately (2 fouls and 1 missed shot in 2 minutes of action for a PER of negative 38. So seems about where we expected him ; )

Remember, you didn't have to click the topic lol. Cavs are starting sanders down in the D-leauge. He did get in the game the other night for a couple minutes during trash time. I'm not sure why Lue did that knowing he was headed to the D-leauge. Sanders only suiting up because he didn't have a suit lol.

Its a win win signing for the cavs. Sanders was a pretty solid player at one point. If hes focused and has a clear head then Cavs got a good depth player. If not they release him and keep doing what they have been.