PDA

View Full Version : Beal & Wall vs. Lillard & C.J

basketfan4life
03-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Since we've watched a great game last night, and they are very comparable player i wonder what you guys think.

Beal or C.J ?

Wall or Lillard ? and in total

Wall+Beal or Lillard+C.J ?

And of course, why ?

sixer04fan
03-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Slight edge to Wall/Beal. I think they are the better tandem when you consider all facets of the game and impact on team success. But as a neutral fan in this situation, it seems like Lillard/McCollum get a little more recognition nationally and I have no problem with that.

Believe it or not, Wall is actually 2 months younger than Lillard and Beal is 2 years younger than McCollum. So while they've both been around the NBA seemingly much longer, they're still the younger tandem.

Dade County
03-13-2017, 02:33 AM
Slight edge to Wall/Beal. I think they are the better tandem when you consider all facets of the game and impact on team success. But as a neutral fan in this situation, it seems like Lillard/McCollum get a little more recognition nationally and I have no problem with that.

Believe it or not, Wall is actually 2 months younger than Lillard and Beal is 2 years younger than McCollum. So while they've both been around the NBA seemingly much longer, they're still the younger tandem.

Nice info...

I rather Lillard & McCollum, I just feel they need a center like Whiteside or Drummond. Wall still doesn't have a knocked down shot, and Beal just doesn't have that it factor to me.

tp13baby
03-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Nice info...

I rather Lillard & McCollum, I just feel they need a center like Whiteside or Drummond. Wall still doesn't have a knocked down shot, and Beal just doesn't have that it factor to me.

If Nurkic plays like he has he is better than Andre and behind Whiteside. Nurk is a pretty solid rim protector, post defender and is better on offense overall than both. He was averaging 19 and 10 before his terrible game against the Wizards even with Lillard and CJ taking the majority of the shots.

mrblisterdundee
03-13-2017, 11:21 AM
It's close, and I'm split. I'll just rank them in terms of the best players:

1. John Wall
2. Damian Lillard
3. Bradley Beal
4. C.J. McCollum

McCollum could climb those rankings if he were used as the primary ball-handler. But instead, Portland essentially plays two point guards with overlapping skill sets and almost no defense. That's where Wall and Beal take the advantage.

JAZZNC
03-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Give me Wall and Beal. Wall can actually play some defense and they don't have the overlapping skill set of Lillard and CJ.

Wall and Beal just compliment each other better.

ewing
03-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Lillard and CJ. A Lillard lead team does worse then expected for the first time in his career and a Wall lead team exceeds expectations and everyone picks the Wash backcourt- not surprizing. Anyway, Beal has to prove he can stay on the floor for me to even entertain this. I like him and despite being a Coach Cal guy Wall's motor and effort has won me over, that said he isn't a shooter and Beal has missed as many games as he has played since entering the league. Defiantly, taking Lillard and CJ

Heediot
03-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Too close to call just because Beal's health isn't reliable.

valade16
03-14-2017, 11:28 AM
As a Blazer fan I wouldn't trade Lillard/CJ for Wall/Beal but Wall/Beal are having the better season.