PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry Prediction

Redrum187
03-11-2017, 07:25 PM
January: FG: 50.3% (5.2/10.4), 3PT: 50.0% (2.3/4.6), FT: 77.8% (1.0/1.3), REB: 3.1, AST: 1.6, STL: 1.2, PPG: 13.7

February: FG: 53.1% (6.3/11.8), 3PT: 45.4% (2.4/5.1), FT: 95.2 (1.8/1.9), REB: 2.9, AST: 3.6, STL: 1.1, PPG: 16.7

March: FG: 56.7% (7.6/13.4), 3PT: 51.6% (3.2/6.2), FT: 91.7% (2.2/2.4), REB: 3.4, AST: 3.0, STL: 1.2, PPG: 20.6

Since being a starter, he has put up impressive stats. What's more impressive is he's doing this while winning some big games. Do you think he's just on a hot streak, will he come back down to earth, will he get even better? How good do you think he will be in the league?

sixer04fan
03-11-2017, 07:34 PM
He's definitely proving himself as a starter in this league, or at least will be a valuable 6th man/contributing role player. Making a name for himself rather than just being Steph's brother.

Haven't watched him closely enough besides stat watching. So I can't comment on his defense and ability to be a truly valuable two way player.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Rotation player.

tredigs
03-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Rotation player.

Don't underestimate the Curry gene. This kid is a ~44% 3pt shooter with a >60% TS who is arguably the best player on a revamped and winning Mavs club. He isn't Steph, but he's got a ton of confidence and is proving to be a very potent offensive weapon.

Saddletramp
03-12-2017, 06:00 AM
You know what would be funny? If GS meets Dallas in the first round and this time Dallas wins as the 8th seed.

Have been impressed with Seth at times and wondered why he hasn't latched on quicker to a team. We'll see if he sticks in Dallas but it seems so.

eDush
03-12-2017, 07:14 AM
You know what would be funny? If GS meets Dallas in the first round and this time Dallas wins as the 8th seed.

Have been impressed with Seth at times and wondered why he hasn't latched on quicker to a team. We'll see if he sticks in Dallas but it seems so.Not with Barnes in that lineup. He's one of the reasons why we lost the finals and the Warriors would destroy them if they do play us imho. Seth been playing well for them and hope he'll continues since Steph is like my favorite player. His dad raised them well :nod:

Quinnsanity
03-13-2017, 02:08 AM
Seth was great at the end of the year in Sacramento and going to Dallas, a situation with a great coach and plenty of available shots, it seemed like he was primed for a breakout and it looks like it's happening.

Heediot
03-14-2017, 08:16 AM
I haven't watched too many dallas games but his stats look pretty solid. I underestimated him just based off of what i see in the box scores.

ManRam
03-14-2017, 09:52 AM
I too haven't watched really any of him this year so I probably shouldn't even bother commenting, but I really have a hard time buying into the hype. I've never been impressed with what I've seen from him before, even when I tried to buy in when he was with Orlando briefly in Summer League and their D-League team. It looks like his defense hasn't been an utter joke like it used to be, though it's still bad.

At best I think he's a below-average starter, probably best suited for a bench role. He'll stick, and I did not think that years ago. Maybe I'll be wrong again.

mightybosstone
03-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Curry's problem is that he's a SG in a PG's body, and there just aren't a lot of teams out there with a roster where he would fit in as a starter. I can honestly say I don't know that I've seen him play more than maybe one game this season, but I don't recall the guy being much of a distributor, and his numbers back that up. And there aren't a lot of rosters that could start a Jason Terry type in their lineup.

That being said, maybe he's better suited as a 6th man scorer off the bench in the mold of guys like Terry, Crawford and Lou Will? I could totally see him having an impact on a playoff team in that kind of a role as long as he continues to hit 3s at an elite clip like this.

COOLbeans
03-14-2017, 12:36 PM
He was impacted by watching Steph win the championship. He didnt smile at all when the Warriors won. You could see the focus and his attitude change throughout those playoffs.

Hes hungry, and I think the Mavs found a very good starter in this league who's working out with great players during the offseason. He wants to be great if he can stay healthy

COOLbeans
03-14-2017, 12:37 PM
I wish the Warriors culd have one more shot at him or wouldve kept him around instead of bringing in other guys from the d-league. Hes a player in this league