PDA

View Full Version : 3/10 - 3/12 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
03-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Sorry ya'll, don't have time to type out the games tonight.

http://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Fitz is right, we just can't win if the refs swallow their whistles everytime Curry gets assaulted on his way to the basket...

:facepalm:

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:27 PM
King Klay!!!! Heating up....

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Phantom foul, and phantom tech on Green.

Here we go folks...

:pity:

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Steph just passed Dell all time scoring lol.

wow, the largest crowd every for a Timberwolves game? I find that hard to believe...

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:36 PM
King Klay does it all! :worthy:

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:37 PM
LMFAO. From almost cutting it to 1 to giving up that 3. :facepalm:

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:44 PM
What a play by McGee!!!!!

Where you at SHAQ!?

:laugh2:

and that should be warriors ball.

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:50 PM
I wonder how much yayper the Timberwolves lined the refs' pockets with before the game. My goodness.

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Klay putting this team on his back....

IGGY TO THE RIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LA_1
03-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Lol please why don't you just post in the bandwagon warrior forum?

LA_1
03-10-2017, 11:06 PM
And my god the warrior announcers are theeeeeeee biggest homers especially fitz. He sounds like he has a orgasm after every warrior bucket.

zn23
03-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Lord Jokic is back. Making a huge impact.

lol, please
03-10-2017, 11:10 PM
And my god the warrior announcers are theeeeeeee biggest homers especially fitz. He sounds like he has a orgasm after every warrior bucket.
Fitz and Barnett are unbiased lol.

LA_1
03-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Man Zaza looks like a deformed caveman

LA_1
03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Damn t wolves choking

mightybosstone
03-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Wow... How does Wiggins miss both of those? The Wolves are doing everything they can to choke this game away.

lol, please
03-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Curry, oh my gosh, thank you....

:ohno:

lol, please
03-10-2017, 11:33 PM
That's game, good job refs, way to be absolutely blatant with your intentions from the get-go.

zn23
03-10-2017, 11:34 PM
Triple double watch for Jokic, again,

18 points, 10 reb, 7 ast.

lol, please
03-10-2017, 11:35 PM
The league is a disgrace.

LA_1
03-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssss.

Warriors suck without KD. Lol. No bench and no KD.

tredigs
03-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Warriors can't get done with this 8 games in 13 days in 8 different cities stretch soon enough. Hoping they can pull out the W against a Kawhi-less Spurs team tomorrow, but it's still a bad spot for them being the last game of this stretch and with the way they're shooting the 3 post ASB. Originally I was going to bet a grip on San Antonio in this game (planned on it weeks ago), but now I'm not sure with Kawhi gone and them losing b2b. They really won't want to even up the Spurs in the Loss column if they can avoid it.

tredigs
03-10-2017, 11:43 PM
I will say that was an impressive attempt to come back by GS in the 4th there. Just COMPLETELY shut down Minny's offense. The fouls weren't falling in their favor and they still couldn't hit their shots though. On to the next one for these tired *** fellas.

mightybosstone
03-10-2017, 11:47 PM
The league is a disgrace.

Yes, because clearly Adam Silver was maniacally laughing as he gave the order for the Warriors to lose to the Timberwolves. Because the league apparently somehow has something to gain from that outcome...

mightybosstone
03-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Warriors can't get done with this 8 games in 13 days in 8 different cities stretch soon enough. Hoping they can pull out the W against a Kawhi-less Spurs team tomorrow, but it's still a bad spot for them being the last game of this stretch and with the way they're shooting the 3 post ASB. Originally I was going to bet a grip on San Antonio in this game (planned on it weeks ago), but now I'm not sure with Kawhi gone and them losing b2b. They really won't want to even up the Spurs in the Loss column if they can avoid it.

You've got to admit, though, that you're starting to have doubts about Golden State as the favorite in the West at this point. This isn't some tiny sample size anymore. They're getting outplayed for long stretches and failing to hit shots. Gun to my head right now, I'd take the Spurs over them, and I wouldn't be doing it just to be the trendy pick. I'd be doing it because I honestly think San Antonio is the better basketball team right now.

tredigs
03-11-2017, 12:01 AM
You've got to admit, though, that you're starting to have doubts about Golden State as the favorite in the West at this point. This isn't some tiny sample size anymore. They're getting outplayed for long stretches and failing to hit shots. Gun to my head right now, I'd take the Spurs over them, and I wouldn't be doing it just to be the trendy pick. I'd be doing it because I honestly think San Antonio is the better basketball team right now.

I mean, they're missing Kevin Durant and this is the toughest stretch of games for maybe any team all year. Throw in that they're in an unprecedented shooting slump and no, I'm not particularly worried about them. The playoffs are never a cakewalk, though, that is for sure. But, SAS over them in a series? If the odds were/are even I would bet sizeably against that. I would be very surprised if it went 7. Remember, that series (if it happens) is months away. It's a perfect storm of struggle for GS right now. I think they'll be fine.

mightybosstone
03-11-2017, 12:08 AM
I mean, they're missing Kevin Durant and this is the toughest stretch of games for maybe any team all year. Throw in that they're in an unprecedented shooting slump and no, I'm not particularly worried about them. The playoffs are never a cakewalk, though, that is for sure. But, SAS over them in a series? If the odds were/are even I would bet sizeably against that. I would be very surprised if it went 7. Remember, that series (if it happens) is months away. It's a perfect storm of struggle for GS right now. I think they'll be fine.
Mmm... I dunno man. I think you're being a tad naive here. If professional sports has taught me anything, it's that chemistry and momentum often have as much to do with team success as talent. I've seen teams with identical talent from a previous season be a shell of itself a year later (literally watched it last year in Houston). Sometimes teams lose that magic that made them special, and it's easy to say "they've got more than enough time to find it." But that's easier said than done. I'll believe it when I see it with this Warriors team, but I'm not seeing it right now. And they don't have as much time as you're suggesting to find it.

kdspurman
03-11-2017, 12:11 AM
Without KD in the playoffs i would favor the Spurs and Rockets over the Warriors, just because Durant is such a vital piece obviously and can do his thing if one or both the splash Bros are off.

Btw Kerr is resting his guys tomorrow (not even surprised)

mightybosstone
03-11-2017, 12:11 AM
An interesting storyline out of this game that probably nobody is talking about: The Wolves have won 7 of 10 and are 2 games out of the 8 seed. After it seemed like they completely crumbled amid all the expectations of them being the hot new playoff squad in the West, they still have a legitimate shot to crack the postseason and are playing as well as any of the teams vying for that last spot right now.

mightybosstone
03-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Without KD in the playoffs i would favor the Spurs and Rockets over the Warriors, just because Durant is such a vital piece obviously and can do his thing if one or both the splash Bros are off.

Man... If I paid a premium for that ticket a few weeks ago only to have to sit through a game with no Leonard, Durant, Curry or Thompson, I'd be PISSED.

zn23
03-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Wolves, Nuggets and Blazers are going to be battling for that 8th seed.

tp13baby
03-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Lord Jokic is back. Making a huge impact.

He was doubtful before shootaround so I didn't watch the game. Denver is a completely different team with him. Arguably a bottom 5 team without him.

zn23
03-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Lord Jokic: 21 points, 10 boards, 7 ast.

tredigs
03-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Man... If I paid a premium for that ticket a few weeks ago only to have to sit through a game with no Leonard, Durant, Curry or Thompson, I'd be PISSED.

You'd have to be a pretty naive fan to buy tickets to this game and not expect some DNP's by the Warriors (Spurs are a surprise). Gotta check team schedules.

@Your last post, I don't get caught up in 2 week stretches when the the vast majority of evidence hints another direction. Specifically when it's an incredibly tough stretch of games and you're missing a top 3 player in the NBA. I try to look at things logically. And logic dictates that the Warriors should be the favorite in every series they enter. Nothing I have seen over the past 8 games gives me reason to change that. If KD is out for the playoffs (again, no reason to suspect this), then we are entertaining a different discussion where there are some great series ahead of us.

tredigs
03-11-2017, 12:32 AM
That is hilarious though that ABC's primetime Saturday Night showdown between the top 2 teams in the NBA this year will showcase the Lamarcus Aldridge led Spurs against the Shaun Livingston led Warriors.

mightybosstone
03-11-2017, 12:40 AM
You'd have to be a pretty naive fan to buy tickets to this game and not expect some DNP's by the Warriors (Spurs are a surprise). Gotta check team schedules.

@Your last post, I don't get caught up in 2 week stretches when the the vast majority of evidence hints another direction. Specifically when it's an incredibly tough stretch of games and you're missing a top 3 player in the NBA. I try to look at things logically. And logic dictates that the Warriors should be the favorite in every series they enter. Nothing I have seen over the past 8 games gives me reason to change that. If KD is out for the playoffs (again, no reason to suspect this), then we are entertaining a different discussion where there are some great series ahead of us.

Obviously this discussion is assuming KD isn't playing in the postseason or is playing at significantly less than 100 percent. This Warriors team with KD, even one with him playing a little banged up, is still a clear favorite in the West. I wouldn't doubt that. I'm talking about this Warriors team we're witnessing right now. If Durant doesn't come back, I don't know how you can say you have enough to prove that THIS team should be the favorite in the West.

tredigs
03-11-2017, 12:45 AM
Obviously this discussion is assuming KD isn't playing in the postseason or is playing at significantly less than 100 percent. This Warriors team with KD, even one with him playing a little banged up, is still a clear favorite in the West. I wouldn't doubt that. I'm talking about this Warriors team we're witnessing right now. If Durant doesn't come back, I don't know how you can say you have enough to prove that THIS team should be the favorite in the West.

That's definitely not the discussion I'm having. I'm assuming KD is back, because, why would you assume he won't be back? That would have to be a false-report situation.

As is, I am surprised at the Warriors shooting woes, but not that they're losing more games right now. Again, a ridiculously tough stretch of games (8 games in 13 days in 8 different cities) that ends tomorrow night. Expect them to regain form next week. Frankly I'm more concerned about the Cavs struggles and their ability to come out of the East. Lost 4 of 5 now right? Not even a particularly hard stretch. And only a +4.1 win differential on the year (1/3rd the Warriors). Granted, the East and all. So they should be fine.

mightybosstone
03-11-2017, 12:56 AM
That's definitely not the discussion I'm having. I'm assuming KD is back, because, why would you assume he won't be back? That would have to be a false-report situation.
Because medical diagnoses in these situations are always estimates. Every player reacts to every injury differently. It could be 4-6 weeks. But it could also be 8 weeks. Or it could be 3 1/2 weeks. Or it could be 6 weeks, but he's not really playing at the level we're used to, but he's coming back early because the team needs him to. When it comes to injuries in professional sports, it's hard to take the initial diagnosis as fact.

As is, I am surprised at the Warriors shooting woes, but not that they're losing more games right now. Again, a ridiculously tough stretch of games (8 games in 13 days in 8 different cities) that ends tomorrow night. Expect them to regain form next week. Frankly I'm more concerned about the Cavs struggles and their ability to come out of the East. Lost 4 of 5 now right? Not even a particularly hard stretch. And only a +4.1 win differential on the year (1/3rd the Warriors). Granted, the East and all. So they should be fine.
Cleveland should absolutely be concerned, too. They don't get out of this conversation just because they're in the East. They're playing like crap and have one of their three best guys out with a questionable timetable for his return as well. But this isn't about Cleveland. This is about the Warriors. The Cavs sucking does not excuse the Warriors playing bad basketball.

zn23
03-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Also, gotta give props to the Bucs. After a devastating loss to the Nuggets, they've now won 5 straight and are currently holding the 8th spot. I'm pretty sure they'll get one of those last 3 spots.

Chronz
03-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Been watching the Bucks lately, Middleton gives them an elite dimension when Giannis has the teams best defender on him. Tonight they closed the Pacers out by continuously getting Middleton a switch vs Monta, he just posted them into submission. It was a refreshing change of pace from the usual PnR oriented game, gave me flashbacks of Bron trying his hardest to get Curry on him.

Hellcrooner
03-11-2017, 02:28 AM
An interesting storyline out of this game that probably nobody is talking about: The Wolves have won 7 of 10 and are 2 games out of the 8 seed. After it seemed like they completely crumbled amid all the expectations of them being the hot new playoff squad in the West, they still have a legitimate shot to crack the postseason and are playing as well as any of the teams vying for that last spot right now.

They have been on a roll since lavine went out.
Also Rubio is finally looking like a player since that moment too.

Makes you wonder if 2 +2 = 4

lol, please
03-11-2017, 04:20 AM
Well said.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

Heediot
03-11-2017, 06:01 AM

Spurs, sure, even Clippers with an outside chance. Rockets no. Harden's game is predicated on regular season officiating, unless he can show that he can adjust to the refs and more aggressive defense in the post-season I'll have my doubts, that's just me. Although I do respect your views, there were a handful of guys that predicted Cavs over Warriors in the finals I remember it was you me and a couple others, so I'll see what happens and not totally disregard your view.

ManRam
03-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Crooner back!?

ManRam
03-11-2017, 09:53 AM
King Klay does it all! :worthy:

Define "all".

kdspurman
03-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Spurs, sure, even Clippers with an outside chance. Rockets no. Harden's game is predicated on regular season officiating, unless he can show that he can adjust to the refs and more aggressive defense in the post-season I'll have my doubts, that's just me. Although I do respect your views, there were a handful of guys that predicted Cavs over Warriors in the finals I remember it was you me and a couple others, so I'll see what happens and not totally disregard your view.

That's fair, and you could totally be right. Perhaps im looking at it too simplistically. I just feel without KD, they'll struggle to score at times, and if nothing else the Rockets do that well.

I remember the Cavs thing too :cheers:

We'll have to see how it plays out. I do hope Durant returns

tredigs
03-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Lol, the Warriors are not the Sixers fellas. No reason to doubt KD's return. Also, the lack of respect for these Warriors sans KD and the general cloud of doubt is interesting to say the least. Never knew Harry Barnes and his 10/5/1 + the ghost of Bogut past were so respected til now.

lol, please
03-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Lol, the Warriors are not the Sixers fellas. No reason to doubt KD's return. Also, the lack of respect for these Warriors sans KD and the general cloud of doubt is interesting to say the least. Never knew Harry Barnes and his 10/5/1 + the ghost of Bogut past were so respected til now.

It's hilarious to be honest. Warriors are the class of the league and it's not really a discussion.

Looking forward to this game, really interested in seeing what our Dubstitutes and role players do with extended minutes.

zn23
03-11-2017, 10:20 PM
The Heat are just killing the Raptors right now and it's embarrassing.

lol, please
03-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Raptors will make it to the finals, been saying it since the preseason.

Hellcrooner
03-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Crooner back!?
On Parole.

kdspurman
03-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Weird that the warriors starters weren't on the bench in the 2nd half

lol, please
03-11-2017, 11:39 PM
McCaw needs to take a page out of Monta's book and just chuck it. Chuck it chuck it chuck it. He slows down the ball movement and lets defenders catch up with his hesitation.

tredigs
03-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Why? They've been WAY better than the Raptors for months now.

zn23
03-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Jokic with 9 rebounds already in the first quarter.

zn23
03-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Lord Jokic*

Dade County
03-12-2017, 12:05 AM

Injury can happen to other teams out East. Thats the only way I see your prediction happening.

kdspurman
03-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Booker just crushed the Mavs

kobe4thewinbang
03-12-2017, 12:56 AM
That's fair, and you could totally be right. Perhaps im looking at it too simplistically. I just feel without KD, they'll struggle to score at times, and if nothing else the Rockets do that well.

I remember the Cavs thing too :cheers:

We'll have to see how it plays out. I do hope Durant returnsHow do you feel about the precautionary heart measures for Aldridge? I saw that news and I was like 'damn.' Any updates on when he'll be back yet?

zn23
03-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Can't believe the Blazers blew that lead. They looked so dominant in the first half. Combine that loss with the Nuggets winning, and now they're 2 games back on that 8th spot.

Lord Jokic with a ho hum 20 pts, 14 boards on 7-12 shooting in 30 minutes.

ewing
03-12-2017, 02:15 AM

i think you've been saying it for longer then that then again i've been saying the knicks will be decent for 20 years

kobe4thewinbang
03-12-2017, 03:56 AM
Can't believe the Blazers blew that lead. They looked so dominant in the first half. Combine that loss with the Nuggets winning, and now they're 2 games back on that 8th spot.

Lord Jokic with a ho hum 20 pts, 14 boards on 7-12 shooting in 30 minutes.The Blazers are just an absolute mess this year, yet they probably spent more than most of the league this summer on questionable signings, especially Ezeli. I don't know how a team that almost knocked off a hobbled Steph Curry's Warriors gives this effort the next year.

:confused:

Saddletramp
03-12-2017, 04:16 AM
Weird that the warriors starters weren't on the bench in the 2nd half

What's up with that?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Bucks make it 6 in a row. 1 game back from 6th seed playoffs. Also Giannis only player in NBA history to be top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks this late in the season.

kdspurman
03-12-2017, 11:53 AM
How do you feel about the precautionary heart measures for Aldridge? I saw that news and I was like 'damn.' Any updates on when he'll be back yet?

Nah, they're going to do more tests I think tomorrow, so hopefully there's an update then.

I know this happened before, and he was back in a couple weeks. The fact that they said "minor" is keeping me optimistic, but we'll have to see what they say next week.

kdspurman
03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
What's up with that?

No idea. Gotta think of the game was close they'd be out there. Maybe they were just there so the fans who came out there got to see them? Idk

JAZZNC
03-12-2017, 07:25 PM
First time watching the Bulls this year....that was about as bad as basketball could be played. Just turrible. I also wanna know where that dude is that was telling everyone their 3pt shooting was gonna be fine is hiding. Worst in the league and it's obvious.

archdevil84
03-12-2017, 08:25 PM
tough loss here for miami. cant win em all

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Watching a potential finals matchup right now. Houston scares me so much. We're trying to stick with them... they're shooting well on contested threes.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm actually impressed with the Cavs defense despite giving up 58 at the half. Houston is playing well offensively, but their defense hasn't done well. I'm expecting the Rox to have a strong 3rd quarter.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Up by 14 we just completely burned out late 3rd and 4th.

Rockets got like 20 offensive rebounds vs our 3. :laugh2:

mightybosstone
03-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Phenomenal win by Houston tonight. I only caught the second half, but I clearly turned it on at the right time. I don't know that I've ever said this since Harden has come to Houston, but I honestly felt like he was the best player on the court in a game against Lebron James. He just did everything tonight. And they just totally outhustled Cleveland in the second half, getting a ton of second chance opportunities.

Obviously playing against a Cleveland team without Love and Korver isn't exactly playing them at 100 percent, but any win against the Cavs is a big win.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Phenomenal win by Houston tonight. I only caught the second half, but I clearly turned it on at the right time. I don't know that I've ever said this since Harden has come to Houston, but I honestly felt like he was the best player on the court in a game against Lebron James. He just did everything tonight. And they just totally outhustled Cleveland in the second half, getting a ton of second chance opportunities.

Obviously playing against a Cleveland team without Love and Korver isn't exactly playing them at 100 percent, but any win against the Cavs is a big win.

Hardrn was definitely the best player on the court. Big MVP statement in that game.

The Western Conference is gonna be a bloodbath anf so will the East if the Cavs can't get their **** together.

tredigs
03-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Can I just say how disappointed I am in Kriss Dun? I know the dude is a project but worst player in the NBA level project? I just don't see how there's a scenario where somebody who is this bad ever becomes good. And I really want the Twolves to be good.