PDA

View Full Version : Steph curry taunts Jaylen brown

LA_1
03-10-2017, 03:54 PM
What did you guys think about this? I wonder what curry said?
I personally liked it seeing how Curry doesn't act like this usually

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4725491/jaylen-brown-uncertain-why-steph-curry-pointed-at-him

ManRam
03-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Very easy team to root against

HandsOnTheWheel
03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Not a fan of Curry or the Warriors by any stretch of the imagination, but I think the league would be a lot better with competitive banter like this.

LOb0
03-10-2017, 04:17 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/BleakBlushingHalibut.gif

Didn't see a lot of pointing in that game.

ewing
03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
If your a guy that would get his *** kicked you should either talk endless amounts of trash or none at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, please
03-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Very easy team to root against

Please stop.

:facepalm:

Mods, close this.

LA_1
03-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Why close this? Stop being a sensitive McGee

WITZ
03-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Blew a 3-1 ...acting like a clown to a rook :laugh2:

KB24PG16
03-11-2017, 12:18 AM
if someone did that to mcgee, durant would be in tears in the postgame presser

Lil Rhody
03-11-2017, 08:54 AM
What ever Celtics beat them on their court again two years in a row. Taunt that!

ManRam
03-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Please stop.

Mods, close this.

This is more evidence as to how the Warriors are an easy team to root against....

IndyRealist
03-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Please stop.

Mods, close this.

It happened and it's newsworthy, enough that he was asked about it by reporters and ESPN covered it. :shrug:

ewing
03-11-2017, 10:38 AM
This is more evidence as to how the Warriors are an easy team to root against....

they are total snowflakes

ManRam
03-11-2017, 10:43 AM
they are total snowflakes

Yup. I was also thinking he was a bit Trumpian. Always here to tell you how great everything is, but the second someone says something he doesn't like he melts down, complains and asks for people to make it stop. Cries conspiracy, too.

n83417
03-11-2017, 11:22 AM
He's turned into a complete douche lately.

Yanks All Day
03-11-2017, 11:34 AM
In general, I like taunting in sports. If you do something cool, then brag about it. It's a game.

You can't get too high or too low about this kind of stuff. When you're winning, taunting becomes "swagger." When you're losing, it's called "unprofessional." The real terminology is actually somewhere in the middle.

I'm not a fan of the Warriors in the slightest, but this is no big deal. They've played the same way for the last 3 years, win or lose. There just happened to be more winning than losing before KD got hurt.

SteBO
03-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Please stop.

Mods, close this.
Get over it. After Iggy's nonsense post game last night and Draymonds nonsense for the better part of the last month on top of this, they're an easy team to root against.

effen5
03-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Thought I was going to see something like this...

http://i.azcentral.com/i/c/f/6/L169_CIFR0114bd5dec1dade02971b1bdc7dc26fc.jpg

Left thread disappointed.

nastynice
03-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Good. Make em cry Curry, make em all cry :nod:

LA_1
03-11-2017, 05:58 PM
^^^ they lost though...

Vee-Rex
03-11-2017, 06:48 PM
I like it from Curry. I want more of that. +1 to Steph.

What I don't like is when the media and 324504328 Curry apologists that try to say that Curry is ultra humble and not arrogant at all.

BKLYNpigeon
03-11-2017, 07:17 PM
What ever Celtics beat them on their court again two years in a row. Taunt that!

ehh.. just a regular season game.

Try winning a playoff series under Brad Stevens first, then start talking.

COOLbeans
03-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Get over it. After Iggy's nonsense post game last night and Draymonds nonsense for the better part of the last month on top of this, they're an easy team to root against.

Iggy's nonsense? Sit down.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/iguodala-trolls-media-inside-joke-after-warriors-loss-twolves

COOLbeans
03-11-2017, 07:45 PM

What I don't like is when the media and 324504328 Curry apologists that try to say that Curry is ultra humble and not arrogant at all.

Not sure where you got that hes not arrogant. His longtime nickname was the babyfaced assassin and he shoots the ball and starts running back before the ball even reaches its arch. hes a very confident player who doesnt back down from guys

SteBO
03-11-2017, 09:13 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/iguodala-trolls-media-inside-joke-after-warriors-loss-twolves
Cute. I'll stand and still call it nonsense. Moving on....

WITZ
03-11-2017, 10:16 PM

Of course he is going to say its a joke after he sees the **** storm it will cause. Almost the same thing Draymond said than cried it was taken out of context . Guess one idiot is rubbing off on the other :laugh2:

tredigs
03-11-2017, 10:30 PM

Lol. It's more evidence that you're easy to root against. Stop being such a ****ing Sally.

europagnpilgrim
03-11-2017, 11:25 PM

No doubt

every athlete has a Ego(Devil), its just some are manufactured by the media as villains and others as heroes, that's the ying and the yang for your right there

Curry is as cocky as they come but the media shows him in a different light, even the low key Duncan showcased it every now and then on the court in his own emotional way

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 01:32 AM
Not sure where you got that hes not arrogant. His longtime nickname was the babyfaced assassin and he shoots the ball and starts running back before the ball even reaches its arch. hes a very confident player who doesnt back down from guys

There has been numerous discussions on it. He's arrogant on and off the court.

Nothing wrong it it at all.

Rush
03-12-2017, 11:29 AM
It was reported during the game that Brown was talking to Curry so Curry returned the favor. No big deal.

Sly Guy
03-12-2017, 03:29 PM

FYI you don't have to say 'sensitive' in that comment. You say McGee, we all get it now. LOL, that's guy's name is due to appear in urban dictionary soon.

eDush
03-12-2017, 04:36 PM

Not sure where you got that hes not arrogant. His longtime nickname was the babyfaced assassin and he shoots the ball and starts running back before the ball even reaches its arch. hes a very confident player who doesnt back down from guysThat's why Steph is so great...his babyface lulls his opponents guard down and then he score with ease like they are not even there. He's a class guy and a caring person off the court but on it, he's as deadly as they get :clap:

COOLbeans
03-12-2017, 04:45 PM
hes a good guy off the court and by all accounts is well liked on his team and throughout the league. But he definitely wants to kill the other team.

COOLbeans
03-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Nothing wrong it it at all.

Where and how did you get the info that hes arrogant on and off the court?

eDush
03-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Nothing wrong it it at all.I follow Steph on twitter and he enjoy sharing his free time with his fans and I can tell you he is not arrogant, not even close. Don't believe what the haters say...their just bs'ing which is what haters do :(

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 05:44 PM
hes a good guy off the court and by all accounts is well liked on his team and throughout the league. But he definitely wants to kill the other team.

Of course he's a good guy off the court. He's a freaking great guy. Being a great guy and being arrogant aren't mutually exclusive.

Why do people feel the need to get defensive about his character? No one is saying he's a bad person.

Where and how did you get the info that hes arrogant on and off the court?

He's obviously arrogant on the court from all the showboating and I don't see the need to link you to all the articles and videos displaying that.

But off the court, an arrogant person guarantees wins.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/01/29/steph-curry-guarantees-win-vs-thunder-causes-westbrook-to-channel-inner-marshawn-lynch-videos/

"It'll be a good 48 hours - a win and a win."

-Steph

Of course he laughs it off later when the media is shocked and perturbed, but in no way shape or form is that not arrogance.

How about the locker room champagne comment?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/steph-curry-champagne-cavaliers

"Obviously, walking into that locker room, it'll be good memories. Hopefully it still smells a little like champagne."

-Steph

In no way, shape, or form is that not arrogant.

The Warriors arrogance run from Dray, to Steph, to Iggy, (even Zaza's showboating now), to Joe Lacob.

COOLbeans
03-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Of course he's a good guy off the court. He's a freaking great guy. Being a great guy and being arrogant aren't mutually exclusive.

Why do people feel the need to get defensive about his character? No one is saying he's a bad person.

He's obviously arrogant on the court from all the showboating and I don't see the need to link you to all the articles and videos displaying that.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/01/29/steph-curry-guarantees-win-vs-thunder-causes-westbrook-to-channel-inner-marshawn-lynch-videos/

-Steph

Of course he laughs it off later when the media is shocked and perturbed, but in no way shape or form is that not arrogance.

"Obviously, walking into that locker room, it'll be good memories. Hopefully it still smells a little like champagne."

-Steph

The Warriors arrogance run from Dray, to Steph, to Iggy, (even Zaza's showboating now), to Joe Lacob.

They're all champs now, what do you expect? :shrug: I agree, they're all arrogant and they quietly make fun of guys when they **** on them in games.

Vee-Rex
03-12-2017, 10:22 PM
They're all champs now, what do you expect? :shrug: I agree, they're all arrogant and they quietly make fun of guys when they **** on them in games.

Lol I got no problem with that, bro. I think it's great.

flea
03-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Any man that goes by 'Steph' is a wuss.

-Flea's rules of attitude #82421

Scoots
03-12-2017, 11:38 PM

-Steph

-Steph

I would argue that that's still part of the game, not separate from the on court Steph.

I don't know him, and I think the discussion and obsession over what athletes or entertainers are like apart from their work product is something I just don't understand. That said, I've heard literally dozens of interviews where all the people around Steph with the team or community are asked "is he REALLY that good a guy" and they answer is always "It's disturbing, but he's actually better".

But in the sport? He's as confident as anyone and not afraid to show it ... though not the most arrogant guy in the NBA for sure.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-13-2017, 02:21 AM
OMG no Steph's not arrogant!

*Finds out Steph's arrogant*

Well it what makes him so great and he's got the right to do it!

Scoots
03-13-2017, 08:48 AM
OMG no Steph's not arrogant!

*Finds out Steph's arrogant*

Well it what makes him so great and he's got the right to do it!

Which truly great athlete isn't arrogant?

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 09:25 AM
I would argue that that's still part of the game, not separate from the on court Steph.

I don't know him, and I think the discussion and obsession over what athletes or entertainers are like apart from their work product is something I just don't understand. That said, I've heard literally dozens of interviews where all the people around Steph with the team or community are asked "is he REALLY that good a guy" and they answer is always "It's disturbing, but he's actually better".

But in the sport? He's as confident as anyone and not afraid to show it ... though not the most arrogant guy in the NBA for sure.

I think you're playing mental gymnastics here.

Just because his arrogance is only basketball-related doesn't mean that he isn't arrogant off the court. I realize there's this negative connotation about off-the-court arrogance and that's why you don't want to paint him in that light - but it's there.

When you're on the court, you're filled with adrenaline and passion, you say and do things that are usually tolerated more because you're trying to win. But interviews and pre/post-game comments are still off the court, even if related to the game. Draymond said the Cavs suck (drunk sure, but he still said it), it doesn't somehow get excused or included with on-court antics just because it's basketball related. It was a douche-comment.

LeBron is a douche. No one's calling Steph a douche. He's someone I happen to like a lot despite being on the enemy/evil team, heh. But he is arrogant on and off the court, at least regarding basketball related topics. Is he the most arrogant? Of course not, but that wasn't the claim. My original point was regarding people who still believe he's ultra humble (regarding basketball) and not arrogant at all - and look, I snagged a couple guys with that comment. :)

Vee-Rex
03-13-2017, 09:33 AM

I don't think he's arguing against great athletes being arrogant, but rather the 'omgooses-come-to-steph's-defense' nature of people's comments. Arrogance is viewed as completely outside and beneath Steph's character, and then when it's shown that he IS arrogant, suddenly it's okay for him to be arrogant because he's great. Eh, this has happened a bunch of times on here.

kdspurman
03-13-2017, 10:04 AM

Timmy D, maybe Peyton Manning, idk.. There are some out there

COOLbeans
03-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Timmy D, maybe Peyton Manning, idk.. There are some out there

I thinmk Kawahi is more in that mold than Timmy. Dude had a quiet arrogance a lot like some of the current Warriors. You could see it with those bug eyes when hed respond to a simple call. Arrogance because he truly believed he was never in the wrong. Quiet confidence is sometimes a lot more trollish then your average douchy elite athlete

ewing
03-13-2017, 02:55 PM
I thinmk Kawahi is more in that mold than Timmy. Dude had a quiet arrogance a lot like some of the current Warriors. You could see it with those bug eyes when hed respond to a simple call. Arrogance because he truly believed he was never in the wrong. Quiet confidence is sometimes a lot more trollish then your average douchy elite athlete

most arrogant eyes EVER!!!!

blahblahyoutoo
03-13-2017, 08:47 PM
"I didnít say nothing to him," said Brown, who was part of Boston's bench brigade that helped the Celtics to a 99-86 triumph at Oracle Arena.

Doesn't nobody not know that using double negatives is a no no?

Ishkabibble
03-13-2017, 09:01 PM
ehh.. just a regular season game.

Try winning a playoff series under Brad Stevens first, then start talking.

They're young, highly talented and better positioned than 29 other teams going forward.
The playoff series wins are coming and you know it.

ewing
03-14-2017, 02:11 AM
They're young, highly talented and better positioned than 29 other teams going forward.
The playoff series wins are coming and you know it.

i love the direction of the Celtics. They need some better scoring and maybe a better presence inside but progression is a good thing.

ewing
03-14-2017, 02:12 AM
no one should care about this

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-14-2017, 05:54 PM
I don't think he's arguing against great athletes being arrogant, but rather the 'omgooses-come-to-steph's-defense' nature of people's comments. Arrogance is viewed as completely outside and beneath Steph's character, and then when it's shown that he IS arrogant, suddenly it's okay for him to be arrogant because he's great. Eh, this has happened a bunch of times on here.

Ya. I couldn't care if Curry was arrogant or not, but man these Warriors fans...

COOLbeans
03-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Ya. I couldn't care if Curry was arrogant or not, but man these Warriors fans...

passive aggressive. just say what you mean LOL

Saddletramp
03-14-2017, 07:37 PM

Give them another ten years. I remember Boston fans about a dozen years ago and they were just as insufferable if not more.

nastynice
03-14-2017, 10:42 PM
^^^ they lost though...

...yet half of psd still cryin tho

eDush
03-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Do you think someone can be both arrogance and humble? ...I am asking this cause you act like the terms are mutually exclusive when they are not. Steph is somewhat arrogant to his opponents but he is very humble to his family, friends and fans which you are apparently not otherwise you would know this.

Just because you or those who say he is arrogant is fine, everyone has their opinions. Not sure why people are making a big deal here trying to change other people minds that he is not humble or he's not a nice guy but if they do, I will respond back in kind...:nod:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-16-2017, 01:29 AM
Give them another ten years. I remember Boston fans about a dozen years ago and they were just as insufferable if not more.

Tell me about it.

Saddletramp
03-16-2017, 05:28 AM
Do you think someone can be both arrogance and humble? ...I am asking this cause you act like the terms are mutually exclusive when they are not. Steph is somewhat arrogant to his opponents but he is very humble to his family, friends and fans which you are apparently not otherwise you would know this.

Just because you or those who say he is arrogant is fine, everyone has their opinions. Not sure why people are making a big deal here trying to change other people minds that he is not humble or he's not a nice guy but if they do, I will respond back in kind...:nod:

A person isn't "arrogant" to his family and friends. He'd just be a total scumbag jerk. As far as the fans go, a person knows damn well that to be an arrogant jerk to his fans is to lose them real quick.

kdspurman
03-16-2017, 08:56 AM

That's not quiet arrogance lol.. He just really thought he didn't foul most of the time.

I do think psychologically he was also very gifted, in that he wouldn't let people get in his head or get a rise out of him (like Draymond and others have mentioned before) So maybe that in it of itself would get under people's skins, but he wasn't being arrogant about it. Just a crazy smart guy with a psych degree.

He was so humble and respected the game and his opponents. There wasn't arrogance from him on or off the court

eDush
03-16-2017, 03:01 PM

A person isn't "arrogant" to his family and friends. He'd just be a total scumbag jerk. As far as the fans go, a person knows damn well that to be an arrogant jerk to his fans is to lose them real quick.Yet if he's arrogant to his opponents, he has to be an arrogant person which is what haters want to perceive and spread. To deny that could make you one as well. This thread should be closed to avoid discussing misinformation aim at tarnishing a player's character :(

Avenged
03-16-2017, 03:43 PM

if someone did that to mcgee, durant would be in tears in the postgame presser

:laugh2: agreed.

Chronz
03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
lmfao sensitive mcgee/kd . Ill give some lurker 50 cents to make that their new username

COOLbeans
03-16-2017, 04:16 PM
lmfao sensitive mcgee/kd . Ill give some lurker 50 cents to make that their new username

that would be classic :clap:

Saddletramp
03-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Yet if he's arrogant to his opponents, he has to be an arrogant person which is what haters want to perceive and spread. To deny that could make you one as well. This thread should be closed to avoid discussing misinformation aim at tarnishing a player's character :(

What? This is going to go nowhere with you so later, bro.

COOLbeans
03-16-2017, 04:50 PM
:laugh2: agreed.

Arent you a Laker(s) fan? LOL what happened to you guys? You all use to be so confident in yourselves now all you seem to be is bitter and angry

nastynice
03-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Arent you a Laker(s) fan? LOL what happened to you guys? You all use to be so confident in yourselves now all you seem to be is bitter and angry

Look at their team bro. **** is like us 12 yrs ago, lol

COOLbeans
03-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Look at their team bro. **** is like us 12 yrs ago, lol

sure is lol

FlashBolt
03-17-2017, 01:42 PM
jaylen should've asked him why he didn't do this in the finals...

nastynice
03-17-2017, 06:34 PM
jaylen should've asked him why he didn't do this in the finals...

He had already done it in the WCF. Woulda just been showboating at that point