PDA

View Full Version : Zach "Z-Bo" Randolph: Is he done?

kobe4thewinbang
03-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Dude is on an expiring contract. He seems to dig Memphis, especially with the nice treatment he got from the fans and team after his mother passed away. But could he do more somewhere else? Does he take a paycut this summer? Kind of odd paying a bench player 10 million, and his production is around the same, so it's not like he is declining severely. The injuries he had are a concern, I guess.

Stats: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/randoza01.html

I was checking his stats, and he's been a solid player. FG% is still nice. Rocky career until he stayed in Memphis, then his numbers dropped albeit not by too much. Mostly due to the bench relegation, I'm guessing. He still gets 10 rebounds on a good night or more, and has had some beastly games even this season like against the Warriors [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLQYh-nME-w].

I know Coach Fizdale says Z-Bo should win 6th man and now the dude can hit 3s somewhat too. His defense was never really there, but he's still big inside and stays out of foul trouble. So what I'm saying is he's not really the best big for Memphis on defense, being the Grind House, ya know?

He says to wants to win a championship, but I haven't heard one person say Memphis has a shot.

tp13baby
03-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Fizdale realizes bully ball doesn't work. Their bench is stronger for it. Memphis would be a hard out if Parsons would figure it out come playoffs. Being a 6 seed is not ideal going against Houston though.

LOb0
03-09-2017, 05:26 PM
I'd be surprised if he left. He's beloved in Memphis, took a pay cut and a reduced role and had no issue. I think he'll retire there.

Rivera
03-09-2017, 05:48 PM
he dunked 2ce in a game this year, no way hes done. he hasnt dunked in years!

IndyRealist
03-09-2017, 07:04 PM
I don't think he's super effective as a starter anymore, but they need the balance he provides. And there are smallball teams he can punish in the paint and on the boards.

ewing
03-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Love him. Dude can't jump over a news paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
03-10-2017, 12:34 AM
he dunked 2ce in a game this year, no way hes done. he hasnt dunked in years!Haha. He is kind of stocky. Someone said Julius Randle is the offspring of Z-Bo and Magic Johnson. But yeah, I think he has one more big contract left. I wonder what he'll get with the new cap and everything.

Chronz
03-10-2017, 01:10 AM
He will never leave Memphis. Him accepting a bench status as well as he has is a testament to his loyalty to that team. Memphis should ride and die with this crew, why cant we have good stories like this in the NBA?

Hellcrooner
03-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Memphis given the hughe contracts for COnley and Marc does not have the flexibility to add the pieces to contend for a ring.
He should probably look to get some Mle contract with the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs or Celtics once he hits F.A

Memphis should also start considering a rebuild while they still can get a decente comeback for COnley and Marc btw.

Rivera
03-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Memphis given the hughe contracts for COnley and Marc does not have the flexibility to add the pieces to contend for a ring.
He should probably look to get some Mle contract with the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs or Celtics once he hits F.A

Memphis should also start considering a rebuild while they still can get a decente comeback for COnley and Marc btw.

Oh Em Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do my eyes Deceive me?

Or is this the crooner from Hell?

ewing
03-10-2017, 01:53 PM

welcome back!

Hellcrooner
03-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Oh Em Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do my eyes Deceive me?

Or is this the crooner from Hell?

Time to get the band togheter and do the sim league thing.

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Crooooooooonerrrrrrrrrrr

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rivera
03-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Time to get the band togheter and do the sim league thing.

My man! The sim has died :( but I guarntee the minute you post in there, so many people are going to flock man! We missed ya and activity went down when you got banned

But I am down for another sim league!

JasonJohnHorn
03-10-2017, 09:41 PM
10 mil ain't so much for a bench player these days. It's practically the new MLE.

That said... I'm not sure a lot of teams would want him. He's playing as well as he has, sure, but his >500 2pt% means he's less efficient than a .333 3pt shooter as an option. He's the kind of guy who'd fall out of the rotation and getting sparring minutes when a team is up/down by 15+ with 4 minutes to play, or have to wait for an injury/foul trouble to get into a game.

He's a great player, but it's like when David Lee fell out of the rotation in GSW... sure... he could post 20/10 with minutes and touches, but teams were going in another direction.

In Memphis, they are loyal to him, and he gives them decent returns in limited minutes. He's actually posting his highest points per36 in 8 years, and his highest rbs per36 ever, so this role seems to suit him.

He might bolt, but I don't see why. He won't fit in as well anywhere else. He'd just be an insurance policy on a contender. I don't think he's interested in that.

Chronz
03-11-2017, 12:40 AM
10 mil ain't so much for a bench player these days. It's practically the new MLE.

That said... I'm not sure a lot of teams would want him. He's playing as well as he has, sure, but his >500 2pt% means he's less efficient than a .333 3pt shooter as an option. He's the kind of guy who'd fall out of the rotation and getting sparring minutes when a team is up/down by 15+ with 4 minutes to play, or have to wait for an injury/foul trouble to get into a game.

He's a great player, but it's like when David Lee fell out of the rotation in GSW... sure... he could post 20/10 with minutes and touches, but teams were going in another direction.

In Memphis, they are loyal to him, and he gives them decent returns in limited minutes. He's actually posting his highest points per36 in 8 years, and his highest rbs per36 ever, so this role seems to suit him.

He might bolt, but I don't see why. He won't fit in as well anywhere else. He'd just be an insurance policy on a contender. I don't think he's interested in that.
I actually think those days were over for Lee and that's why they went in a different direction.