PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut Fractured Left Tibia 22 seconds into his Cavs tenure

HandsOnTheWheel
03-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Just heard it on the Cavs telecast. Feel bad for the guy man..

HandsOnTheWheel
03-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Spears

The Cavs say newcomer center Andrew Bogut fractured his left tibia in his first game.

nastynice
03-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Damn man, that's rough. All these lil injuries man, just start catching up

NYKnickFanatic
03-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Hi Bogut. Bye Bogut.

Sanders is like: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RhnCna8DtEg/maxresdefault.jpg

On a serious note, it was just an unfortunate play. It could have happened to anyone.

GREATNESS ONE
03-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Lololol damn.

Wade n Fade
03-06-2017, 10:18 PM
The Warriors are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't need to contend with Bogut during the Finals if they get there. I don't think Larry Sanders will fill in well enough for the Cavs as a healthy Bogut would, especially with a long layoff from NBA level basketball, but we will see.

lol, please
03-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Just heard it on the Cavs telecast. Feel bad for the guy man..

Feel bad for Bogut? Sure.

Feel bad for the Cavaliers? LMAO.

CELEBRATION TIME!

:dance:

karma is a mofo.

TrueFan420
03-06-2017, 10:39 PM
On a serious note, it was just an unfortunate play. It could have happened to anyone.
That seems to be the only thing in common with all of his injuries. Dude is straight up unlucky.

Vee-Rex
03-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Hi Bogut. Bye Bogut.

Sanders is like: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RhnCna8DtEg/maxresdefault.jpg

If there's anyone that revive the career of Sanders it would be LeBron.

still1ballin
03-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Cavs sign bogut

ANNNNNNND he's gone

BKLYNpigeon
03-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Does Bogut get a ring if Cavs win a championship?

BKLYNpigeon
03-06-2017, 11:03 PM
I believe last week was the deadline to add players to your roster to be Playoff eligible.

Scoots
03-06-2017, 11:20 PM
I believe last week was the deadline to add players to your roster to be Playoff eligible.

March 1 was the deadline for a player to be cut by his team to be playoff eligible. The playoff rosters don't have to be set until April ... I think.

Larry Sanders stepping from nowhere to playing a significant role on a championship hopeful? Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't be at all stressful.

IndyRealist
03-06-2017, 11:30 PM
March 1 was the deadline for a player to be cut by his team to be playoff eligible. The playoff rosters don't have to be set until April ... I think.

Larry Sanders stepping from nowhere to playing a significant role on a championship hopeful? Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't be at all stressful.

I think it's March 1 because they have to be signed by then to be eligible for the playoff roster.

BKLYNpigeon
03-06-2017, 11:38 PM
Cavs needs a Center. all they have is Tristian Thompson.

sep11ie
03-07-2017, 12:22 AM
I think it's March 1 because they have to be signed by then to be eligible for the playoff roster.
No, players couldn't have been playing on another NBA team as March 1st to be eligible for playoff roster.

eDush
03-07-2017, 12:49 AM
The Warriors are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't need to contend with Bogut during the Finals if they get there. I don't think Larry Sanders will fill in well enough for the Cavs as a healthy Bogut would, especially with a long layoff from NBA level basketball, but we will see.No fans would think that the Dubs are worried about someone who milk injuries. The Cavs signing Bogut was a coup for the Dubs as Durant will come back sooner :nod:.

LOb0
03-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Larry Sanders might be a better fit anyway. Bogut has been like this all season.

Vee-Rex
03-07-2017, 01:48 AM

I wouldn't call it a significant role at all. We just need a freaking center to soak up some minutes here and there and provide a little versatility.

We only have TWO active big men. Two PFs and that's it. TT is undersized and Frye is as soft as toilet paper in the paint.

nastynice
03-07-2017, 02:48 AM

Was gonna say I doubt Bogut woulda played major minutes.

But holy crap, is TT and Frye really the cavs only bigs?? That's crazy, there's also lebron, who's the next biggest body on that roster?

LOb0
03-07-2017, 04:55 AM

But holy crap, is TT and Frye really the cavs only bigs?? That's crazy, there's also lebron, who's the next biggest body on that roster?

I mean they will be getting K love back soon right?

Scoots
03-07-2017, 09:22 AM

The Warriors signed Barnes Mar 2. I think the March 1 date is just the date they have to be free agents by.

Scoots
03-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't call it a significant role at all. We just need a freaking center to soak up some minutes here and there and provide a little versatility.

We only have TWO active big men. Two PFs and that's it. TT is undersized and Frye is as soft as toilet paper in the paint.

Your first sentence and 2nd seem to counter each other. Someone who is the 3rd big man and the only true center on a roster ... that seems to me a significant role. Emotionally at least.

Scoots
03-07-2017, 09:28 AM

I wasn't talking about minutes, but someone fragile emotionally coming late to a team with championship aspirations toward the end of LeBron's career ... fans could expect the Larry Sanders of 4 years ago ... or I could see Larry thinking fans would think that.

That said it would be nice to see Larry back in the NBA, it seems more likely next season than this though.

IndyRealist
03-07-2017, 09:28 AM
The Warriors signed Barnes Mar 2. I think the March 1 date is just the date they have to be free agents by.

Gotcha.

BKLYNpigeon
03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
A lot of people probably haven't noticed, the cavs are horrible in defense. Ranked 20th in the NBA.

LA4life24/8
03-07-2017, 11:33 AM
If the cavs don't win the title and anyone tries to say this is the reason why they should get a permaban lol. Dude wasnt gonna play HUGE minutes, mostly just a defensive big to help against, mostly eastern conference teams actually.

ManRam
03-07-2017, 11:48 AM
I think Bogut would have been a legit help but as someone who likes rooting for LeBron and the Cavs, it's a lot easier to do so without Bogut being a part of the team :shrug:

Vee-Rex
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Your first sentence and 2nd seem to counter each other. Someone who is the 3rd big man and the only true center on a roster ... that seems to me a significant role. Emotionally at least.

I assumed by 'significant role' you meant someone that would have a big impact on the game. In that way, it wouldn't be a significant role, especially not in the playoffs and when Love is healthy (we went with a Bron/Love/TT/Frye big man rotation last year). Mozgov averaged 5.8 minutes per game in last year's playoffs - I wouldn't call that significant in the grand scheme of things.

However, in the sense that we need minutes soaked up and have a big body as a back-up option off the bench, then I suppose you can call that significant. Right now it's just more glaring because of Love's injury.

BKLYNpigeon
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
If the cavs lose this year, it would be because of Defense. Bogut wouldn't have played a ton of minutes, but he would have made a huge difference in a game or two in the playoffs.

Adding Korver is a nice luxury, but how many 3 point shooters do you need?

PJ Tucker would have been a better fit.

Sly Guy
03-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Feel bad for Bogut? Sure.

Feel bad for the Cavaliers? LMAO.

CELEBRATION TIME!

:dance:

karma is a mofo.

Amen.

ewing
03-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Poor LeBron

Vee-Rex
03-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Poor LeBron

yeah, his surrounding pieces just keep getting injured

LeBron fell on his ankle (it completely bent the other way when he landed) during the Hawks game. It was pretty nasty. Then a couple minutes later he was perfectly healthy.

He needs to give his teammates whatever serum he's on.

IKnowHoops
03-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Can't believe dude only got 22 seconds. Man...smh

BKLYNpigeon
03-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Can't believe dude only got 22 seconds. Man...smh

Don't short change him it was 58 seconds.

Jamiecballer
03-07-2017, 05:23 PM
feels a little bit like basketball karma, even if it does suck for the guy.

kingkenny01
03-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Are they going to cut bogut to sign someone else?

Ariza's Better
03-07-2017, 06:44 PM
I don't get people saying it's Karma. Like who is it karma on? Such a weird thing to say.

Anyway I'm shattered for Bogut. Hopefully he finds some way to bounce back from it.

nastynice
03-07-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't get people saying it's Karma. Like who is it karma on? Such a weird thing to say.

Anyway I'm shattered for Bogut. Hopefully he finds some way to bounce back from it.

haha, I was JUST about to say the same thing. What is there karma for? He was released by one team, and signed with another. It happens ALL THE TIME. What did he do for which he deserves bad karma? I legitimately don't understand...

Jamiecballer
03-07-2017, 08:31 PM
perhaps it would be more effectively stated that it seems like the game is policing itself. not that i really believe that but it sort of seems like it with injuries like this.

Saddletramp
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
"policing itself"? "Karma"? What the hell is wrong with you people?

TrueFan420
03-07-2017, 08:57 PM

This times ten. Boguts a really nice guy and it's a shame he got hurt again. He really does have piss poor luck with injuries. Never like seeing a player go down.

Jamiecballer
03-07-2017, 11:10 PM
"policing itself"? "Karma"? What the hell is wrong with you people?
Did I confuse you with the big words? I'll go a little easier next time

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
03-07-2017, 11:39 PM
Did I confuse you with the big words? I'll go a little easier next time

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I don't know how to respond to this. What do you mean, policing? Do you mean that since the Mavs bought out/waived a player that they couldn't trade and weren't going to retain and that the Cavs decided to pay him for his services to help out their chances to win games for the rest of the year, and then he gets injured to the point that he's no longer going to be able to play that this is somehow "policing"?

Unless you're saying that "the game" is somewhat responsible for hurting a guy that wasn't wanted by one team and was valued by another, then I don't get what you are saying.

And if that's what you're saying, then I'll just censor myself before I get banned because that is such a terrible thing to put to words, let alone think/feel.

COOLbeans
03-08-2017, 12:04 AM
He's done.

ewing
03-08-2017, 07:15 AM
I don't know how to respond to this. What do you mean, policing? Do you mean that since the Mavs bought out/waived a player that they couldn't trade and weren't going to retain and that the Cavs decided to pay him for his services to help out their chances to win games for the rest of the year, and then he gets injured to the point that he's no longer going to be able to play that this is somehow "policing"?

Unless you're saying that "the game" is somewhat responsible for hurting a guy that wasn't wanted by one team and was valued by another, then I don't get what you are saying.

And if that's what you're saying, then I'll just censor myself before I get banned because that is such a terrible thing to put to words, let alone think/feel.

I think he is saying the Cavs colluded with the Mavs to get Bogut and D Will and while this sucks for Bogut it is justice for the league.

Ariza's Better
03-08-2017, 07:51 AM
I think he is saying the Cavs colluded with the Mavs to get Bogut and D Will and while this sucks for Bogut it is justice for the league.
I really hope for his sake that he isn't saying that because that would be an incredibly stupid thing to believe.

ewing
03-08-2017, 08:09 AM
I really hope for his sake that he isn't saying that because that would be an incredibly stupid thing to believe.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I think the "karma" thing is about good teams being allowed to sign players cheap to get theoretically even better. So it's "payback" or "karma" or "policing" for those players to then get hurt and deprive those already good teams of a player they could use.

I kind of wonder if the complaining would be as loud if it was traditional NBA powers doing it like the Lakers/Celtics or the Knicks.

ManRam
03-08-2017, 12:35 PM
I think the "karma" thing is about good teams being allowed to sign players cheap to get theoretically even better. So it's "payback" or "karma" or "policing" for those players to then get hurt and deprive those already good teams of a player they could use.

I kind of wonder if the complaining would be as loud if it was traditional NBA powers doing it like the Lakers/Celtics or the Knicks.

Well that's idiotic. What do people want? Bogut to sign with the Nets?

I don't get the karma angle one bit.

Now, if you don't care that he got hurt because he's Andrew Pizzagate, then I get it.

colinskik
03-08-2017, 01:21 PM

On him! Watch the video again, he was clearly sticking his leg out there to try and trip up White.

Dude is always playing dirty, and if wants to try and trip up a guy who fooled him with a head fake, then he risks getting injured -- or worse, injuring someone else. Glad it wasn't the latter.

Play the game the right way and you'll get more than 22 seconds of game time.

colinskik
03-08-2017, 01:21 PM
haha, I was JUST about to say the same thing. What is there karma for? He was released by one team, and signed with another. It happens ALL THE TIME. What did he do for which he deserves bad karma? I legitimately don't understand...

He's a dirty player. And karma's a *****.

nastynice
03-08-2017, 02:14 PM
He's a dirty player. And karma's a *****.

First learn what a dirty player is.

Then post

nastynice
03-08-2017, 03:24 PM
First come up with a better comeback.

Then post.

Haha, that's not even a comeback bro, you just don't seem to understand what a dirty player is. I'm just tryina help you with your vocab

If you could show me how I could **** myself, I'd probably do it, lol. I'm pretty damn sexy :)

colinskik
03-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Haha, that's not even a comeback bro, you just don't seem to understand what a dirty player is. I'm just tryina help you with your vocab

If you could show me how I could **** myself, I'd probably do it, lol. I'm pretty damn sexy :)

Is this your idea of comedy? Try again. And then again after that because you'll surely still be missing the target.

To reiterate: Bogut stuck his leg out to try and stop a player from getting by him. That's a dirty play. Do you need help comprehending that? He broke his leg as a result of said dirty play. That's karma, bro.

Furthermore, Bogut has been ranked as one of the dirtiest players by coaches and players alike. So this isn't even my opinion -- it's a general sentiment.

Seems like you're the one who has no idea what's going on.

Saddletramp
03-08-2017, 05:30 PM
You don't have to be a homer for former players, nastynice. Boguts been one of the dirtiest players in the game for years.

nastynice
03-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Is this your idea of comedy? Try again. And then again after that because you'll surely still be missing the target.

To reiterate: Bogut stuck his leg out to try and stop a player from getting by him. That's a dirty play. Do you need help comprehending that? He broke his leg as a result of said dirty play. That's karma, bro.

Furthermore, Bogut has been ranked as one of the dirtiest players by coaches and players alike. So this isn't even my opinion -- it's a general sentiment.

Seems like you're the one who has no idea what's going on.

Sticking your leg out to stop someone isn't dirty, it's a foul, lmao!

nastynice
03-08-2017, 06:00 PM
You don't have to be a homer for former players, nastynice. Boguts been one of the dirtiest players in the game for years.

Yea, and so is Ariza :rolleyes:

colinskik
03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Sticking your leg out to stop someone isn't dirty, it's a foul, lmao!

Yeah, a dirty foul. An accidental trip is one thing. Sticking out your entire leg after someone has faked the **** out of you is dirty.

Try that on the court and see the type of response you'll get. Guaranteed it's not taken lightly.

You can argue semantics all day, but that's not a common foul. End of story.

COOLbeans
03-08-2017, 06:57 PM
He's done

nastynice
03-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Yeah, a dirty foul. An accidental trip is one thing. Sticking out your entire leg after someone has faked the **** out of you is dirty.

Try that on the court and see the type of response you'll get. Guaranteed it's not taken lightly.

You can argue semantics all day, but that's not a common foul. End of story.

I see. So when shaq got inside position on someone and they wrapped him up, that was dirty? If lebron gets a lane and goes for a dunk and someone hacks him, that's dirty? Strange way to look at it

Ariza's Better
03-09-2017, 03:38 AM
Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because believing that the 76ers, cavs, mavs and Bogut all got together worked this deal out is silly.

Ariza's Better
03-09-2017, 03:42 AM
I also fail to see what Bogut did there as "dirty". People are so desperate to label a player dirty its ridiculous.

Vee-Rex
03-09-2017, 11:17 AM
If the Cavs lose to the Warriors I'm blaming it on the Bogut injury. Dubs get no credit. :laugh2:

nastynice
03-09-2017, 02:08 PM
I also fail to see what Bogut did there as "dirty". People are so desperate to label a player dirty its ridiculous.

He was on the Warriors.

Success breeds hate.

Look at lebron. Matter of fact, if ur Rox keep trending up, then just wait. You'll see. Everybody loves them til they start winning

colinskik
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM
He was on the Warriors.

Success breeds hate.

Look at lebron. Matter of fact, if ur Rox keep trending up, then just wait. You'll see. Everybody loves them til they start winning

My opinion of Bogut has nothing to do with him being a one-time Warrior. That was two team ago now.

I'm a Knicks fan, but I don't hate Justin Holliday because he was a Warrior.

But keep telling yourself whatever you want. People think he's a dirty player because they're "jealous," not because what they see and what the entire league has said about the guy.

nastynice
03-09-2017, 04:37 PM
People think he's a dirty player because they're "jealous," not because what they see and what the entire league has said about the guy.

Yea, I guess you could say that. I wouldn't necessarily say jealous tho, it's just a side effect that comes with winning. Like right now, everybody loves the raiders, but if they keep trending how they have been and start succeeding, that's all gonna change. It'll be the same guys, doing the same ****, but all of a sudden it just rubs people the wrong way. I remember 4 years ago when we played Denver and Sam Antonio in the playoffs, everyone loved us, fun to watch, guys having fun on the court. The only thing that's changed since then is the success

But I knew this. I saw it with Kobe, then with lebron. I'm glad there's Warriors haters out there, means we're finally not stuck in the crapper no more l!

colinskik
03-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Yea, I guess you could say that. I wouldn't necessarily say jealous tho, it's just a side effect that comes with winning. Like right now, everybody loves the raiders, but if they keep trending how they have been and start succeeding, that's all gonna change. It'll be the same guys, doing the same ****, but all of a sudden it just rubs people the wrong way. I remember 4 years ago when we played Denver and Sam Antonio in the playoffs, everyone loved us, fun to watch, guys having fun on the court. The only thing that's changed since then is the success

But I knew this. I saw it with Kobe, then with lebron. I'm glad there's Warriors haters out there, means we're finally not stuck in the crapper no more l!

Except there's a difference between hating the best player because he's not on your team, and assigning a label to a guy (in this case "dirty"). Bogut's not very good. He's not the reason the W's were good. He's just a guy who's value comes from being a dirty player. Call it "being an enforcer" if you want -- but he has a history of employing cheap moves to be effective.