PDA

View Full Version : Would a Thunder reunion beat the Durant Warriors?

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Let's pretend that Kevin Durant gets cloned. The equal player is on both the Warriors and the Thunder, who also reunite with present-day James Harden and Serge Ibaka but lose, let's say, Victor Oladipo and Enes Kanter.

PG: Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry
SG: James Harden/Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant/Kevin Durant
PF: Serge Ibaka/Draymond Green
C: Steven Adams/Zaza Pachulia

Taking into consideration their benches too, which of those two teams win in a seven-game playoff series?

europagnpilgrim
03-05-2017, 04:36 PM
i would go with OKC since we all know they actually got to the Finals with that team and it is yet to be determined with KD current team though they are/were heavy favorites to win the West pre injury

and if you know about the underground centers of the world I am pretty sure they have a KD clone(s) in the archives, its plenty of clones worldwide

DanG
03-05-2017, 04:59 PM
OKC would dominate the paint. The only question imo would be the chemistry, Harden-Russ both really ball dominant.

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2017, 05:13 PM
OKC would dominate the paint. The only question imo would be the chemistry, Harden-Russ both really ball dominant.

That would be interesting. I would think Russ is the dominant point guard, because Harden can play well off the ball too.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Lol Durant played with essentially 2 MVP players once.

Jeffy25
03-05-2017, 05:39 PM

my issue as well

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Lol Durant played with essentially 2 MVP players once.

Durant now plays with a two-time MVP, the greatest-shooting back court in the history of the NBA and a perpetual DPOY-candidate forward.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Durant now plays with a two-time MVP, the greatest-shooting back court in the history of the NBA and a perpetual DPOY-candidate forward.

And they'll probably win a title this year.

Was just trying to point out how much gold the Thunder struck and how they ****ed it all up. They would've been guaranteed a title the same way the Warriors are now if they just cashed out the money instead of trading Harden for ****.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-05-2017, 06:32 PM
BTW, Adams was received as a result of the Harden trade so ideally you should take him out of that lineup.

mrblisterdundee
03-05-2017, 07:13 PM
BTW, Adams was received as a result of the Harden trade so ideally you should take him out of that lineup.

It's a Thunder reunion, not the pre-trade Thunder lineup. So adams would be in play.

Chronz
03-05-2017, 07:25 PM
We would never clone a ***** man

Burkey3472
03-05-2017, 07:54 PM
If they played right away, I'd take Golden State. If they played a full 82 game season followed by a series I might take the Thunder. Even though they have played together, it might take time for that Thunder team to gel together.

One Nut Kruk
03-05-2017, 10:31 PM
So regardless, you'd take the Thunder...

JasonJohnHorn
03-05-2017, 11:10 PM
GSW all they way. The turnovers and brick put up by Westy and Harden would drown them, and there's be no chemistry with respect sharing the ball Yes, all three are great passers, but they all want to be the one making the calls. The Warriors love sharing.

TrueFan420
03-06-2017, 02:09 AM
It's a Thunder reunion, not the pre-trade Thunder lineup. So adams would be in play.

Ok but that reunion couldn't happen with a cap. Thunder wouldn't be able to reunite. The Warriors team was created my a master stroke and a lot of lucky timing. It would be way easier to simply drop Adams and include whoever they had to fill out the side. I mean Jeff Green sucked but was part of the group drafted and originally there. Sefolsha would be an option too. Even without Adams it's still a hell of a series.

Saddletramp
03-06-2017, 04:59 AM
And they'll probably win a title this year.

Was just trying to point out how much gold the Thunder struck and how they ****ed it all up. They would've been guaranteed a title the same way the Warriors are now if they just cashed out the money instead of trading Harden for ****.

If OKC had GS's money, they wouldn't have traded Harden.

Silicon Valley money is a hell of a drug....

FlashBolt
03-06-2017, 06:15 AM
You guys gotta realize that Klay+Curry+Draymond+KD is better than Harden+Durant+Westbrook+Ibaka solely due to the fit. It's the only reason why I'd rather have Klay than Harden if I'm in need of a third option player. Only problem with us letting go of Harden is that Ibaka turned out to be just an average player. His low level of development did us nothing.

Burkey3472
03-06-2017, 09:40 AM
So regardless, you'd take the Thunder...

My mistake, I meant to put Golden State if they played right away. :laugh2:

lakerfan85
03-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Which team gets the cloned KD?

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Ok but that reunion couldn't happen with a cap. Thunder wouldn't be able to reunite. The Warriors team was created my a master stroke and a lot of lucky timing. It would be way easier to simply drop Adams and include whoever they had to fill out the side. I mean Jeff Green sucked but was part of the group drafted and originally there. Sefolsha would be an option too. Even without Adams it's still a hell of a series.

Jesus, dude; the thread started out with the cloning of Durant, so obviously it's not going to strictly follow cap rules. It's a hypothetical situation in which the former Thunder stars come back in their present forms. I made that clear in the original post, so just go with it.

Which team gets the cloned KD?

It doesn't matter, because it's the same exact player on either team.

Heediot
03-06-2017, 03:04 PM
OKC wins if Westbrook agrees to be the sixth man.

Harden, Dipo, KD, Serge, Adams with Westbrook, Roberson, McDermott, Sabonis, Kanter, Taj off the bench legit.

Dipo will defend the better backcourt player for Harden. Harden, Serge and KD give proper/better spacing compared with Westbrook starting instead of Harden.

Curry, Klay, KD, Green, Bogut with Livingston, Monta, Iggy, Speights, Ezeli is formidable too.

If westbrook and harden let their ego's get in the way, Warriors win.

TrueFan420
03-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Jesus, dude; the thread started out with the cloning of Durant, so obviously it's not going to strictly follow cap rules. It's a hypothetical situation in which the former Thunder stars come back in their present forms. I made that clear in the original post, so just go with it.

It doesn't matter, because it's the same exact player on either team.
Fine I will go with it.

I mean it could matter. Usually when clones are involved the clone always dies. So if the warriors get the original I'm betting the OKC cloned KD drops of a heart attack or random act of nature in the middle of the series leading to a Warriors win in 6.

Avenged
03-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Question is, who gets the clone and original? Because if OKC were to lose this matchup, Durant original is going to team with his clone in GS.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

LA4life24/8
03-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Question is, who gets the clone and original? Because if OKC were to lose this matchup, Durant original is going to team with his clone in GS.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ohhh burn. Lmao. Too soon man, okc fans still reeling haha

TylerSL
03-08-2017, 07:31 PM
So basically you're asking if Durant would have been on a better team had the Thunder never traded Harden? The answer is quite possibly. Who knows what the Thunder would have been able to put around them in the coming years but trading Harden has been one of the largest league altering decisions of our time.

The Rockets have been relevant ever since he arrived in Houston, Durant/Westbrook failed to win a championship together and Durant went to the Bay to join a 73 win team. In essence, by trading Harden, the Thunder started a snowball that has brought us the 2016-17 Golden State Warriors. I find it likely that not only does Durant STAY in OKC had they kept Harden, but they would have already won an NBA Championship by now as well.

The Thunder traded Harden after losing to Lebron's Heat in the Finals in 5 games. This has been the Finals ever since

2013-Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs-winner Heat
2014-Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs-winner Spurs
2015 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors-winner Warriors
2016 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors-winner Cavaliers

I find it likely that OKC plays in a couple of these finals and wins at least one. Just a guess but this is what I think the last four finals would have been had the Thunder not so foolishly broke up the trio of Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

2013-Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs-winner Heat
2014 Miami Heat vs Oklahoma City Thunder-winner Thunder
2015-Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors-winner Warriors
2016 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Oklahoma City Thunder-winner Cavaliers

We'll never know exactly what would have been had Harden stayed in OKC and that will be one of the great wonders of this generation of NBA Basketball IMO, but it's likely that one super team was self destructed and another created.

As to which one is better, I'd roll with the Thunder. Durant=Durant, Steph>Russ (barely), Harden>>>>Draymond or Klay