PDA

View Full Version : What Does The 10 Greatest Players Of All Time List Look Like 10Years From Now?

RocketLoc80
03-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Tell does this list change? Who moves up and who drops out of everybodys top 10?

Hawkeye15
03-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Looking around the league now, the same it looks now...

mightybosstone
03-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I don't think it will be any different. Lebron would have to do something truly spectacular to pass MJ (like win 3-4 more titles and 1-2 more MVPs), so his highest landing spot is No. 2, which is where most people have him already.

The only guy who could legitimately make a dent in the top 10 in the next decade would be Curry. But, again, he would have to do something spectacular to get there. It's not outside the realm of possibility, though. If he had a few more seasons like he had last year, won another title or two and another MVP or two, I could certainly see him being in the conversation.

I could also see scenarios where Durant could get there, but I think that's a real long shot and it's far less likely given that Curry's peak has been better and Curry already has a title. But I also think that while both guys play for the same team, it will really hurt both of their chances to crack the top 10 in the long run. Their team success could be prolific, but their individual production and accolades will suffer in the meantime.

Hawkeye15
03-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I don't think it will be any different. Lebron would have to do something truly spectacular to pass MJ (like win 3-4 more titles and 1-2 more MVPs), so his highest landing spot is No. 2, which is where most people have him already.

The only guy who could legitimately make a dent in the top 10 in the next decade would be Curry. But, again, he would have to do something spectacular to get there. It's not outside the realm of possibility, though. If he had a few more seasons like he had last year, won another title or two and another MVP or two, I could certainly see him being in the conversation.

I could also see scenarios where Durant could get there, but I think that's a real long shot and it's far less likely given that Curry's peak has been better and Curry already has a title. But I also think that while both guys play for the same team, it will really hurt both of their chances to crack the top 10 in the long run. Their team success could be prolific, but their individual production and accolades will suffer in the meantime.

what does your top 10 look like? I generally use a tier system

1- MJ
2- KAJ, Wilt, LeBron
3- Shaq, Duncan, Dream, Magic
4- Bird, Kobe, Russell

I agree, it will take something special for Curry to make it. Even more so for Durant. I could buy a healthy Curry entering the top 10 though, but we need another 5-6 years of evidence, including this year obviously.

Heediot
03-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Just Curious. Would Curry's shooting negate his defense as Magic's play-making and leadership made him one of the goat's?

Hawkeye15
03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Just Curious. Would Curry's shooting negate his defense as Magic's play-making and leadership made him one of the goat's?

sure, as would his accolades, achievements, all NBA teams, Championships, etc. The dude was back to back MVP's, is the games best shooter ever, has a championship already, and in his peak. He is building an awesome resume, though this year, he is individually down a bit from the last few years.

mightybosstone
03-02-2017, 02:13 PM

1- MJ
2- KAJ, Wilt, LeBron
4- Bird, Kobe, Russell

I agree, it will take something special for Curry to make it. Even more so for Durant. I could buy a healthy Curry entering the top 10 though, but we need another 5-6 years of evidence, including this year obviously.

Mine would look extremely similar to that. I move some guys around depending on what I'm emphasizing on a given day, but in general, my top 11 looks something like this:

1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Shaq
7. Hakeem
8. Magic
9. Russell
10. Bird
11. Kobe

mightybosstone
03-02-2017, 02:18 PM
The two hardest players for me to judge in the top 10 are always Wilt and Russell. Part of it is because they played in a different era than everyone else on the list. But part of it is the unique relationship between the two of them when you compare their careers. Wilt was clearly the more talented individual player by a mile and a superior offensive player, but Russell always seemed to get the better of him and just completely owned Wilt when it comes to postseason production.

There are days when I justify Russell being right next to Wilt or sometimes even one spot higher. And there are other days, like today, when I try to look objectively at their careers while placing less emphasis on their head-to-head history. If I could take those two guys out, I think the other nine guys on that list would always be in the same spots. But those two guys are so hard to peg down when compared to everyone else on the list.

tredigs
03-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Who knows, there's a handful currently in the NBA currently with the potential, and it's possible somebody we consider top-10 All Time is not in the NBA yet. 10 years is a long time.

mightybosstone
03-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Who knows, there's a handful currently in the NBA currently with the potential, and it's possible somebody we consider top-10 All Time is not in the NBA yet. 10 years is a long time.

I think saying there's "a handful" is a bit of a stretch. If there was a player capable of being a top 10 all-time caliber player in the league today, we'd know about it. Lebron, Curry and Durant are the only three that fit that description, and the latter two still have a lot of work to do to even belong in the conversation.

Wade, Dirk and Paul have already passed their primes, and they simply aren't of that top 10 caliber level. Harden, Leonard and Westbrook are great, but at this point in their careers, even with them both peaking right now, there's just no chance they end up in that top 10 conversation barring something totally unforeseen. Davis is extremely talented, but his team is bad, and the guy hasn't proven he can stay healthy. Among the really young guys, Giannis is the only one that even hints at possibly having that kind of potential, and where he's at right now, he'd still need to get a lot better and accomplish a hell of a lot in the next 10 years.

I think it's also extremely unlikely there will be a player in the top 10 conversation 10 years from now that isn't currently in the league. Ten years seems like a pretty decent career length, but there are guys who wouldn't have put Lebron in the top 10 based on his first 10 seasons in the league. To crack the top 10, you've got to have a strong peak plus longevity plus postseason success.

tredigs
03-02-2017, 03:22 PM
I think saying there's "a handful" is a bit of a stretch. If there was a player capable of being a top 10 all-time caliber player in the league today, we'd know about it. Lebron, Curry and Durant are the only three that fit that description, and the latter two still have a lot of work to do to even belong in the conversation.

Wade, Dirk and Paul have already passed their primes, and they simply aren't of that top 10 caliber level. Harden, Leonard and Westbrook are great, but at this point in their careers, even with them both peaking right now, there's just no chance they end up in that top 10 conversation barring something totally unforeseen. Davis is extremely talented, but his team is bad, and the guy hasn't proven he can stay healthy. Among the really young guys, Giannis is the only one that even hints at possibly having that kind of potential, and where he's at right now, he'd still need to get a lot better and accomplish a hell of a lot in the next 10 years.

I think it's also extremely unlikely there will be a player in the top 10 conversation 10 years from now that isn't currently in the league. Ten years seems like a pretty decent career length, but there are guys who wouldn't have put Lebron in the top 10 based on his first 10 seasons in the league. To crack the top 10, you've got to have a strong peak plus longevity plus postseason success.

I mean, Jordan was considered top-10 far less than 10 years into his career, but to be fair that is the consensus GOAT and now the top-10 is more saturated (naturally). So you're right that a handful is a stretch, but my point was that there is a lot of future to be had for some of these players. KAT is just 21 and already averaging 24/12. Being a 30/13/3 guy for 7+ years is not out of the question for him. AD's just 23 and averaged 26/11 over the past 3 seasons. Who knows what the future holds. I'd be willing to bet if Westbrook averages 3 straight triple-double seasons + has some major playoff success, he will join the discussion as a top-3 PG in history and have a shot as a top-10 to some. Giannis? Wtf knows. Like I said, I'd bet against the vast majority of them to reach anything close to that level (though top-25 is a reasonable high-end hope for maybe 10 guys currently in the league), but their doors certainly have not shut.

mngopher35
03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Probably the same as it does today with some people moving Lebron into the top 3 (and some already having him there, essentially he will locked in by then).

I think Curry had a good chance but am not sure with Durant coming how that will change things, I can see them both splitting credit in a sense. We will need to see how that plays out but at this point I think it will take one clearly separating himself as the man on those teams to get individual credit to put them on this level. Too much speculation to do on the rest being out of the picture or just too young to truly tell and these two kind of hurting each others chances it would appear.

Shammyguy3
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I mean, Jordan was considered top-10 far less than 10 years into his career, but to be fair that is the consensus GOAT and now the top-10 is more saturated (naturally). So you're right that a handful is a stretch, but my point was that there is a lot of future to be had for some of these players. KAT is just 21 and already averaging 24/12. Being a 30/13/3 guy for 7+ years is not out of the question for him. AD's just 23 and averaged 26/11 over the past 3 seasons. Who knows what the future holds. I'd be willing to bet if Westbrook averages 3 straight triple-double seasons + has some major playoff success, he will join the discussion as a top-3 PG in history and have a shot as a top-10 to some. Giannis? Wtf knows. Like I said, I'd bet against the vast majority of them to reach anything close to that level (though top-25 is a reasonable high-end hope for maybe 10 guys currently in the league), but their doors certainly have not shut.

Of course it is. There have only been two guys to ever do that. One rested barely 6 minutes a game. The other rested 1 minute a game in a watered down league

Kareem 29.6/15.4/4.4 in 41.6 minutes per game
Wilt 39.6/24.8/3.4 in 47.0 minutes per game

Not even Shaq was able to do it, and he played in the more modern era.
Shaq 28.2/12.1/2.8 in 37.7 minutes per game

25/10/3 is something that puts him in the Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing department though. But he has to be as significant of a defender as they do to have a chance at sniffing the top-30 let alone top-10

europagnpilgrim
03-02-2017, 08:46 PM

1- MJ
2- KAJ, Wilt, LeBron
4- Bird, Kobe, Russell

What is your tier based on player wise? how do you put Jordan on tier 1 but not a Jabbar/Wilt/Russell/Oscar/Shaq etc.

Jordan had that 6 out 8yr title run but he did play for 15yrs

tredigs
03-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Of course it is. There have only been two guys to ever do that. One rested barely 6 minutes a game. The other rested 1 minute a game in a watered down league

Kareem 29.6/15.4/4.4 in 41.6 minutes per game
Wilt 39.6/24.8/3.4 in 47.0 minutes per game

Not even Shaq was able to do it, and he played in the more modern era.
Shaq 28.2/12.1/2.8 in 37.7 minutes per game

25/10/3 is something that puts him in the Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing department though. But he has to be as significant of a defender as they do to have a chance at sniffing the top-30 let alone top-10

Towns will be at least as good a rebounder as a Pat Ewing or Shaq (averaging 12 a game already + 3.6 Orebounds a night), and shows far more promise as a scorer than Ewing (who didn't put up 24 PPG until he was 27. D Rob did it 5x in his career, and only averaged 24+/12+ twice). He's 21. These dudes were seasoned and 24+ when they were putting up numbers like that. Granted, his defense WILL have to improve to at least borderline All-NBA D status, but if it does, sky is the limit for him.

As far as 30 exactly being the threshold, I wouldn't get caught in the semantics there. Call it 27+. Point being, a potentially league leading scorer level for MANY years to come if he stays healthy. Again, this kid is 21. He can dominate for 10+ years before his body starts to wain.

cahawk
03-03-2017, 02:20 AM
MJ
Lebron
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Hakeem
West
Oscar
Bird
Russel

europagnpilgrim
03-03-2017, 02:43 AM
The two hardest players for me to judge in the top 10 are always Wilt and Russell. Part of it is because they played in a different era than everyone else on the list. But part of it is the unique relationship between the two of them when you compare their careers. Wilt was clearly the more talented individual player by a mile and a superior offensive player, but Russell always seemed to get the better of him and just completely owned Wilt when it comes to postseason production.

There are days when I justify Russell being right next to Wilt or sometimes even one spot higher. And there are other days, like today, when I try to look objectively at their careers while placing less emphasis on their head-to-head history. If I could take those two guys out, I think the other nine guys on that list would always be in the same spots. But those two guys are so hard to peg down when compared to everyone else on the list.

Russell and his teammates beat Wilt and his teammates majority of that time, so I hope you meant owning him by that way and not individually because nobody ever owned Wilt, even when he had 2 knee surgeries and went up against the young super lion Jabbar he held his own, now flip the age script and he owns Jabbar big time in my book

I don't get why people don't start with Wilt/Russell as the 1st two on all time list since all I hear is its all about winning titles and we all know who owns the record books and I don't care what era they played in because they had to deal with a society back then that was way way way harsher if you were of melanin

Russell is the most dominant winner(rings) all time and Wilt is the most dominant solo act ever, no debate needed

heres the thing why I would take Wilt over Russell because if you put together all eras in a bowl and could select one player to start a team from scratch it would be Wilt in a landslide over pretty much all outside of possibly Jabbar/Shaq/Russell and a few other bigs you could possibly include

FlashBolt
03-03-2017, 05:46 PM
I seriously don't see a case for KAJ being above LeBron. Maybe hawk has him in a tier system but still, I think LeBron is justifiably #2 by career's end. KAJ was not on the level of Bron when he won and if not for Magic, would have one ring (and vice-versa). Gotta give it to Bron there but can't ignore KAJ's longevity -- which is the only hurdle for Bron.

currently:

jordan
KAJ
Lebron
Wilt
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Bird
Magic (hakeem/bird/magic can go anywhere in those spots)

I'd probably just have LeBron above KAJ in ten years. Possible for him to get past Jordan assuming he just goes ******* and destroys the warriors again and again.

Hawkeye15
03-03-2017, 05:56 PM
I seriously don't see a case for KAJ being above LeBron. Maybe hawk has him in a tier system but still, I think LeBron is justifiably #2 by career's end. KAJ was not on the level of Bron when he won and if not for Magic, would have one ring (and vice-versa). Gotta give it to Bron there but can't ignore KAJ's longevity -- which is the only hurdle for Bron.

currently:

jordan
KAJ
Lebron
Wilt
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Bird
Magic (hakeem/bird/magic can go anywhere in those spots)

I'd probably just have LeBron above KAJ in ten years. Possible for him to get past Jordan assuming he just goes ******* and destroys the warriors again and again.

I use the tier system like this:

I will argue against someone putting a player above, or below, where I have their tier, but I am not getting into an argument over players inside my same tier. Too close to call

That being said, go take a gander at the 70's NBA. KAJ owned the entire decade...

1969-70 Sporting News Rookie of the Year
1971 Finals Most Valuable Player
1970-71 Most Valuable Player
1970-71 Sporting News MVP
1971-72 Most Valuable Player
1971-72 Sporting News MVP
1973-74 Most Valuable Player
1973-74 Sporting News MVP
1975-76 Most Valuable Player
1975-76 Sporting News MVP
1976-77 Most Valuable Player
1976-77 Sporting News MVP
1979-80 Most Valuable Player

FlashBolt
03-03-2017, 06:01 PM

I will argue against someone putting a player above, or below, where I have their tier, but I am not getting into an argument over players inside my same tier. Too close to call

That being said, go take a gander at the 70's NBA. KAJ owned the entire decade...

I'm not taking anything away from KAJ as I have him #2. I agree with the tier system (i have Magic/Hakeem/Bird and maybe Shaq on that tier as well) but some players are just on another tier alone. For example, KAJ did dominate the 70's... statistically. His teams weren't dominating. Surely you would think they would be winning more games but they were relatively MIA from the playoffs and contention despite KAJ putting up Godly numbers. I get that his teammates weren't exactly great but Westbrook/Bron have done much better with comparable rosters. The bulk of KAJ's success came when Magic came to the Lakers. I'm not going to say Magic was better than KAJ because some years, KAJ was clearly the better player but how would KAJ's career look like with 1 ring? LeBron also dominated the past decade. From 2007-current, James has been on historic levels of greatness while winning along with 6 NBA Finals appearances.

FlashBolt
03-03-2017, 06:03 PM

1970's wasn't remembered for their NBA all-time greats. Not much competition during that time which is why Magic+Bird just elevated the hell out of the NBA brand.

europagnpilgrim
03-03-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm not taking anything away from KAJ as I have him #2. I agree with the tier system (i have Magic/Hakeem/Bird and maybe Shaq on that tier as well) but some players are just on another tier alone. For example, KAJ did dominate the 70's... statistically. His teams weren't dominating. Surely you would think they would be winning more games but they were relatively MIA from the playoffs and contention despite KAJ putting up Godly numbers. I get that his teammates weren't exactly great but Westbrook/Bron have done much better with comparable rosters. The bulk of KAJ's success came when Magic came to the Lakers. I'm not going to say Magic was better than KAJ because some years, KAJ was clearly the better player but how would KAJ's career look like with 1 ring? LeBron also dominated the past decade. From 2007-current, James has been on historic levels of greatness while winning along with 6 NBA Finals appearances.

the bulk his his team/title success came, but individually he was like a 3x mvp before Magic even got there, he took a infant franchise to a title in like 3yrs or so when he first entered the league and I don't need to mention his college resume which is a killer one, Jabbar was more dominant from HS to NBA than any other player all time not named Wilt Chamberlain, its a few others you can throw in there but its not a long list from those type of players who were that good for that long

Shammyguy3
03-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Towns will be at least as good a rebounder as a Pat Ewing or Shaq (averaging 12 a game already + 3.6 Orebounds a night), and shows far more promise as a scorer than Ewing (who didn't put up 24 PPG until he was 27. D Rob did it 5x in his career, and only averaged 24+/12+ twice). He's 21. These dudes were seasoned and 24+ when they were putting up numbers like that. Granted, his defense WILL have to improve to at least borderline All-NBA D status, but if it does, sky is the limit for him.

As far as 30 exactly being the threshold, I wouldn't get caught in the semantics there. Call it 27+. Point being, a potentially league leading scorer level for MANY years to come if he stays healthy. Again, this kid is 21. He can dominate for 10+ years before his body starts to wain.

Again, 27+ there are only three players to ever do that over 7 years (Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq). I didn't like how you said "Being a 30/13/3 guy for 7+ years is not out of the question for him". To me it is out of the question, because if you go by per36 numbers Kareem fails to even hit 27ppg over a 7-year period, Wilt misses the 3apg mark, and Shaq misses both the 13rpg and the 3apg.

So to me, Karl-Anthony towns will not be able to reach the level of production that you're saying. I say this because nobody really has ever done it in a free run and gun league, let alone when you account the number of minutes bigs play in the modern NBA (and their responsibilities defensively taking a greater toll on their bodies).

If the 3 greatest centers of all time couldn't live up to your original 30/13/3, and also your amended 27/13/3, on a normal per36 basis, then KAT won't. Unless you think he becomes the 2nd or 3rd best player of all-time, passing at least those three centers and potentially Lebron even.

Now I know you said not to get caught up in semantics, but I wanted to show you and everyone how ridiculous some expectations have become for him. Even if he dominates for 10+ years at a 25/12/3 while playing 36-38 minutes per game, his defense has to become elite in addition to winning at least 1 ring for him to enter this discussion.

That's just a bar set way too high for anyone to take seriously (maybe i'll end up being a fool on this, who knows)

tredigs
03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Again, 27+ there are only three players to ever do that over 7 years (Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq). I didn't like how you said "Being a 30/13/3 guy for 7+ years is not out of the question for him". To me it is out of the question, because if you go by per36 numbers Kareem fails to even hit 27ppg over a 7-year period, Wilt misses the 3apg mark, and Shaq misses both the 13rpg and the 3apg.

So to me, Karl-Anthony towns will not be able to reach the level of production that you're saying. I say this because nobody really has ever done it in a free run and gun league, let alone when you account the number of minutes bigs play in the modern NBA (and their responsibilities defensively taking a greater toll on their bodies).

If the 3 greatest centers of all time couldn't live up to your original 30/13/3, and also your amended 27/13/3, on a normal per36 basis, then KAT won't. Unless you think he becomes the 2nd or 3rd best player of all-time, passing at least those three centers and potentially Lebron even.

Now I know you said not to get caught up in semantics, but I wanted to show you and everyone how ridiculous some expectations have become for him. Even if he dominates for 10+ years at a 25/12/3 while playing 36-38 minutes per game, his defense has to become elite in addition to winning at least 1 ring for him to enter this discussion.

That's just a bar set way too high for anyone to take seriously (maybe i'll end up being a fool on this, who knows)

I mean, how long is the list of centers who at the age of 21 put up 24/12/3 and a PER of 25? This in 36.5 mpg for a team that runs a very slow pace (94.7. 25th in NBA) mind you.

That said, big difference between what I think will happen and what I'm willing to shut the door on. But this is a #1 overall pick who all scouts pointed to having MASSIVE potential. I'm sold on his offense. I think he develops into one of the great offensive bigs of our time (at the very least).

Shammyguy3
03-03-2017, 08:49 PM
I mean, how long is the list of centers who at the age of 21 put up 24/12/3 and a PER of 25? This in 36.5 mpg for a team that runs a very slow pace (94.7. 25th in NBA) mind you.

That said, big difference between what I think will happen and what I'm willing to shut the door on. But this is a #1 overall pick who all scouts pointed to having MASSIVE potential. I'm sold on his offense. I think he develops into one of the great offensive bigs of our time (at the very least).

That is a good point - and I suspect Towns will be a top-3 to top-5 player in the league until the year 2030 so long as he remains healthy. However, top-10? You can't start that conversation until after at least a number of years of utter dominance. Heck, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant have done that and many in here aren't even giving them top-20 because they have a lot to prove still

Towns will assuredly be the best center since Shaq and Duncan, assuming he gets good defensively. Will he be better than the other two great bigs of the past 20 years in Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki? Now that is a conversation I will entertain as he is above the curve that they both reached come age 21, not top-10 of all-time though. At least until the next 4+ seasons have gone past, and more likely the next 8

tredigs
03-03-2017, 08:53 PM
That is a good point - and I suspect Towns will be a top-3 to top-5 player in the league until the year 2030 so long as he remains healthy. However, top-10? You can't start that conversation until after at least a number of years of utter dominance. Heck, Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant have done that and many in here aren't even giving them top-20 because they have a lot to prove still

Towns will assuredly be the best center since Shaq and Duncan, assuming he gets good defensively. Will he be better than the other two great bigs of the past 20 years in Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki? Now that is a conversation I will entertain as he is above the curve that they both reached come age 21, not top-10 of all-time though. At least until the next 4+ seasons have gone past, and more likely the next 8

Yeah, I mean my initial stance here is "who can I not shut the door on" essentially. Definitely not who I think will get there or who am I actually entertaining the notion that they will be top-10 ever.

Shammyguy3
03-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I mean my initial stance here is "who can I not shut the door on" essentially. Definitely not who I think will get there or who am I actually entertaining the notion that they will be top-10 ever.

ahhhh that's what i was missing then; my bad

JasonJohnHorn
03-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Only three guys currently have what it takes to be top ten as of right now: LBJ, Curry, and KD, and LBJ is the only one I'd say is a lock.

Towns and AD have the potential, but I need to see them both on competitive teams, and even then I don't expect either of them to pass the likes of Garnett, let alone Hakeem, Shaq, or Duncan.

I love Curry, and I think he's **** on a ritz, but I'm not sure the perception of him will allow him to be top ten. I think people will see him as being on a stacked team, which shouldn't hurt, but if he isn't taking the lead, I think the mythos around guys like Bird, Magic, and MJ and how they transformed the league will allow them to stay ahead of Curry, even if he pulls off 4 or 5 rings.

I think KD is honestly already proven he's better than Kobe, but I don't think people will look past the lack of hardware. They'll see Kobe with five rings, and say KD needed help, but people won't say "Kobe's went to a team with Shaq as a rookie". It's the same double standard that people push off on LBJ when comparing him to Magic and Bird.

The only guy that won multiple rings without a team of All-Stars was Jordan. Pippen and Grant? That's three rings... the second three was a little easier with Harper and Toni, to go along with Pippen and Rodman.

The impressive thing about Jordan was that he took 7 seasons to win on and then pulled out six: Bird and Magic were in the finals as rookies and neither got that many.

It's part of what I think is so impressive about LBJ.

LBJ is a lock for top-ten in my mind, and KD and Curry are as good as several top-ten players. But I don't see anybody else pushing for a spot in there right now.

valade16
03-04-2017, 10:28 AM
1970's wasn't remembered for their NBA all-time greats. Not much competition during that time which is why Magic+Bird just elevated the hell out of the NBA brand.

It's an interesting question, do we value the person who dominated a weaker era to a greater degree or the person who, while dominant, was less dominating in a tougher era?

bloomis1307
03-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Everyone is talking about Curry, but he wasn't that good early on in his career and he is already 28 now. Not saying he isn't deserving of the conversation but his first 3 years were avg at best and I'm strictly comparing based on a growth curve. Now you have a guy like Kawhi who is arguably one of the most efficient scorers and best defenders in the NBA. Kawhi is 25 and is pretty much on par offensively with where Curry was at 25. His defense on the other hand is light years ahead of where curry was

Only time will tell and I don't know if he will ever be a top 10 guy but I do think he should be in the on the same level of conversation as Curry.