PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it now, Cavs are winning the 2017 NBA Championship (Barring Injury) lol

IKnowHoops
03-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Bogut 2016-17 Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9dTAzK8Ms

I'll take that for 15 minutes a game on a team that has no true center. And guys like Bogut, like Derrick Williams, when they play with Lebron, there highlights become there every day ish. You know you will see the best of Bogut playing with Lebron. I want you to see this Tre, when this happens as just a little reminder of just how special Lebron is. I have heard you saying Bogut is absolute trash and will do nothing. Watch when Lebron makes him a good piece out there. Lebron not only is an absolute beast himself, but he can bring out the strengths in trash players.

Deron Williams Jan 12, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrNzsBislk

He can still be a poor mans Chris Paul, which is more than enough to get the job done as the second PG. He put up this 23/12 game a little over a month ago, so this is what the Cavs are getting. Accept now he is surrounded by better talent and the best player in the game. He's a cerebral player first so he has no choice but to succeed on this team.

With the Durant Injury, I don't see him coming back this year. I think he is done.

If I'm wrong he won't be 100% for the rest of the season. I think he is much worse off than steph.

Based on what I have seen...ah f it...I'm just gonna bravely step out there like the G that I am and call it.

Cavs are winning the ship this year! Lets start the celebration now and ride it out all the way till the ship is hoisted at the parade.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2017, 02:52 PM
I think people are downplaying the kind of impact D-Will and Bogut could have, especially for a top 3 contender that had gaping holes in those positions.

Buuuuut.... you're going overboard here, IKH.

If I were the Cavs, I'd probably try to win the HCA over all non-Warriors teams though. Finishing with a better record than the Spurs might make a difference.

RLundi
03-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Call me crazy but I don't think the Cavs are the best team in the NBA with these signings. I didn't think so last year either and I'm slightly inclined to believe their 3-1 comeback was a little flukey. Still doesn't negate how incredible it was, but it doesn't change my opinion about how good they are this season.

Warriors are the best team despite some growing pains but I think the absence of Durant now and his hobbled presence in the playoffs (assuming he plays at all) makes GS more vulnerable. Without Durant, I think the Clippers, and Spurs, and perhaps the Rockets have a chance at beating them. Whoever comes out of the West (besides Houston in my opinion) has a decent chance at beating Cleveland in the Finals. We all know Cleveland is going to the Finals this season, but I'd think that LAC or SA would beat Cleveland if they somehow beat GSW. If not, then GSW all the way.

ewing
03-01-2017, 03:44 PM
he does know hoops

Hawkeye15
03-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Love needs to return healthy for the Cavs to win it all. If he does, they have the right pieces, though if Durant is healthy by the finals, I still take GS

FlashBolt
03-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Cavs should be the favorites. LeBron should have zero excuses. They are loaded from every position.

kdspurman
03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
If we make it out the west, I like how we matchup with the Cavs tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all of course, but I like our chances.

LOb0
03-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Why do LeBron teams always feel like on paper they'd be amazing but they never are and often aren't even the favorite?

Like after Bron was on those terrible Cavs teams I thought the Heat would be incredible, they weren't like I thought they'd be. This Cavs team and last year I feel the same way. They're good enough but not what I thought.

Shammyguy3
03-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Cavs should be the favorites. LeBron should have zero excuses. They are loaded from every position.

How is this true? Golden state is loaded at every position to a greater degree. Curry/Klay/Durant/Green is better than Irving/Smith/Lebron/Love. I'd say the benches are pretty equal.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Why do LeBron teams always feel like on paper they'd be amazing but they never are and often aren't even the favorite?

Like after Bron was on those terrible Cavs teams I thought the Heat would be incredible, they weren't like I thought they'd be. This Cavs team and last year I feel the same way. They're good enough but not what I thought.

why?

LA4life24/8
03-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Both cavs and gs are loaded. Gs a little more top heavy but i actually think cavs are now deeper imo. Depends who is healthier, toss up at this point for me. Id rather not see either of them win if im bein honest lol

LOb0
03-01-2017, 06:28 PM
why?

Well they lost twice (And a 3 away from losing a 3rd) and outside of that regular season win streak they never seemed like some all time great team. Its always a feels like a struggle no matter who he plays with.

Like if you were in 2010 and you watch Bron on that crap team you'd think on that Heat roster or this current Cavs one they'd crush anyone.

Rivera
03-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Wayyyy to go out on a limb :rolleyes: they are great additions but do we really need another thread on this ?

BKLYNpigeon
03-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Just give me a healthy Warriors vs Cavs Finals.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Well they lost twice (And a 3 away from losing a 3rd) and outside of that regular season win streak they never seemed like some all time great team. Its always a feels like a struggle no matter who he plays with.

maybe you, and many others overrated the talent level on Miami?

LOb0
03-01-2017, 06:48 PM
maybe you, and many others overrated the talent level on Miami?

Compared to him dragging those bum *** Cavs teams to 60+ win seasons? Bosh alone blows away anything he had in Cleveland.

It just seems like no matter what you give LeBron the team always goes from OMG unbeatable to eh they're the second best because they're in the East.

If you took 2010 LeBron who had little to work with and said we'll give him this talent from Miami or this Cavs team. There would be no debate who the favorite is in everyone's mind.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Compared to him dragging those bum *** Cavs teams to 60+ win seasons? Bosh alone blows away anything he had in Cleveland.

It just seems like no matter what you give LeBron the team always goes from OMG unbeatable to eh they're the second best because they're in the East.

If you took 2010 LeBron who had little to work with and said we'll give him this talent from Miami or this Cavs team. There would be no debate who the favorite is in everyone's mind.

The Heat won 2 rings. They achieved just fine. He has been to 7 straight finals.

You overrate the Heat's talent level, not what they were supposed to be, but what they were. Bosh is looked at as some great player, but what was he really? Made a single 3rd all NBA team, never won ****. Wade was very good his first year with LeBron, but soon became the breaking down Wade we saw. The role players? Meh, contract minimums to fill out needs. By no means am I saying it wasn't a talented team, we know they were, hell they won 2 rings. But they didn't have GS level talent by any means. They were top heavy, Wade hit his decline hard starting somewhere in year 2, LeBron even stopped being an all world defender by year 2 in Miami to start saving energy, Bosh is routinely overrated here (seriously, I have seen claims he was the best big in the east during a few year span), and the role players were meh, set to play some defense and hit jumpers.

LeBron makes any team better. Is it true he succeeds more with players with particular skillsets? Yes. The same can be said of any player honestly.

I get most went, "omg, they are winning everything!!!!!!!" when Miami was formed. But some of us, questioned it. And for good reason.

Avenged
03-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Wayyyy to go out on a limb :rolleyes: they are great additions but do we really need another thread on this ?

Bolded and emoji face were exactly what I was going to say.

IndyRealist
03-01-2017, 08:32 PM
You could have made this statement in preseason and have a good chance at being right.

sep11ie
03-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Cool story bro.

Do people still say that?

eDush
03-01-2017, 09:35 PM
I think people are downplaying the kind of impact D-Will and Bogut could have, especially for a top 3 contender that had gaping holes in those positions.

Buuuuut.... you're going overboard here, IKH.

If I were the Cavs, I'd probably try to win the HCA over all non-Warriors teams though. Finishing with a better record than the Spurs might make a difference.Just so you know, that is Deron's nickname, not Derrick's. And he also is not known as Sweet D either. It's DW just so you know to avoid confusion :nod:.

BKLYNpigeon
03-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Kevin Love is still out. you don't know when that Lower Back flairs up again.

IKnowHoops
03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Cool story bro.

Do people still say that?

Say what?

You mad?

tredigs
03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
So refreshing to actually see all these comments lately about how x/y/z team are going to beat the Warriors. I say to you, Good Luck.

SteBO
03-01-2017, 10:00 PM
I still wouldn't bet on them beating GS assuming KD gets back for the playoffs relatively healthy. They have a better shot now though..,,

cmellofan15
03-01-2017, 10:34 PM
At full health I'd take the warriors in 5 maybe 6

LOb0
03-02-2017, 02:11 AM
I still have this feeling the Warriors are going to win. I'm not sure what it is but I'm getting bad vibes from this Cavs team. Maybe I just don't like the defensive effort. I liked last years team better.

Bostonjorge
03-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Calling it now. Boston will shock the world and take back the east crown. Never thought I would say this but Isiah has what it takes to lead them past Cleveland. Crowder guarding James and Bradley guarding Irving. Isiah can steal a game or two and put James in foul trouble.

March is the beginning of basketball taking over the world up until June.

LOb0
03-02-2017, 02:33 AM
Calling it now. Boston will shock the world and take back the east crown. Never thought I would say this but Isiah has what it takes to lead them past Cleveland. Crowder guarding James and Bradley guarding Irving. Isiah can steal a game or two and put James in foul trouble.

March is the beginning of basketball taking over the world up until June.

The rebounding is going to end up being the death of us. I don't feel we're ready for the Cavs yet. But I.T is a bad man.

prodigy
03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
The rebounding is going to end up being the death of us. I don't feel we're ready for the Cavs yet. But I.T is a bad man.

Thomas is a excellent player. Celtics have a very well built team that works great together. couple things that should put Celtics fans on hold a little, because i know many are freaking out with last nights win. Love and Smith both out with injuries and we were working Williams into our system. Which showed big time.

Also in the playoffs Lebron will be checking Thomas if he gets hot at any point like James did with Curry. I didn't see Lebron cover Thomas much last night. just once which led to a Lebron block and a blah foul call.

Cavs should def still win prob 5 or 6. But Celtics are by far the closest team in the east.

KnickNyKnick
03-02-2017, 12:16 PM
what a bold prediction that last years champs may win it again :D

mightybosstone
03-02-2017, 02:04 PM
This poll is terrible. It gives no option for any other teams outside of Cleveland, Golden State or San Antonio to win the championship. Also, the thread in general is really presumptuous as well. They need a healthy Kevin Love back before they have a legitimate shot to win anything. I don't think that Cavs team beats a healthy Boston or Toronto team without him. And the assumption that Durant is completely done for the season is a pretty huge assumption.

Bostonjorge
03-02-2017, 02:38 PM

Isiah Thomas is playing like a scoring/ playmaker superstar. He demands a double team especially in the 4th. James will be in fouls trouble and drained chasing him around. If he gets superstar calls and refs don't let the bigger guards in Cleveland push and hold him then Isiah will be a superstar X factor. On defense he can play safety hitting the passing lanes while guarding Kover.

Crowder always plays better when he gets a key matchup. It doesn't get any bigger then James. Crowder becomes a major focal point of the series guarding James and crowder shots falls more when he feels notice.

Bradly if healthy loves guarding smaller quicker guards who can't just out power him. Irving has been playing amazing but Bradly will make it more tough when Irving goes ISO.

Dee_Edge
03-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Best Team LeBron James has ever had.

PG - Kyrie Irving / Deron Williams
SG - JR Smith / Kyle Korver / Iman Shumpert / James Jones / DeAndreLiggins
SF - LeBron James / Richard Jefferson / Derrick Williams
PF - Kevin Love / Channing Frye
C - Tristan Thompson / Andrew Bogut

LOb0
03-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Isiah Thomas is playing like a scoring/ playmaker superstar. He demands a double team especially in the 4th. James will be in fouls trouble and drained chasing him around. If he gets superstar calls and refs don't let the bigger guards in Cleveland push and hold him then Isiah will be a superstar X factor. On defense he can play safety hitting the passing lanes while guarding Kover.

Crowder always plays better when he gets a key matchup. It doesn't get any bigger then James. Crowder becomes a major focal point of the series guarding James and crowder shots falls more when he feels notice.

Bradly if healthy loves guarding smaller quicker guards who can't just out power him. Irving has been playing amazing but Bradly will make it more tough when Irving goes ISO.

Agreed with all those points. I love that I.T is getting so much respect from the refs now. In 2 years? We'll rule the East. Not right now however.

Oh and Jaylen Brown he's already looking like he's gonna be great. There's so many times on a fast break he could score easily but he just stops. When this guy gets older and picks up on everything he's gonna be all star level.

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2017, 05:49 PM
It's crazy how close we've come in the last few days to seeing the top two players in the NBA going down with injuries. First Durant falls victim to Pachulia. Then yesterday, James turns his ankle in a way that could end a career. At least the King got lucky.

Getting UGGLA
03-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Warriors in 4. Deal with it.

Vee-Rex
03-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Agreed with all those points. I love that I.T is getting so much respect from the refs now. In 2 years? We'll rule the East. Not right now however.

Oh and Jaylen Brown he's already looking like he's gonna be great. There's so many times on a fast break he could score easily but he just stops. When this guy gets older and picks up on everything he's gonna be all star level.

Boston is right there, man. A piece or two away from being counted as a real threat.

If only they could address their interior. They've got the pieces 1-3 to give Cleveland a hard time. The problem is that generally (except for last night's game) they get dominated on the rebounds. Kevin Love tends to abuse them inside and out, and when he's paired with TT they usually wreck havoc on the glass.

I feel like a Nerlens Noel addition would've been SCARY!

kdspurman
03-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Boston is right there, man. A piece or two away from being counted as a real threat.

If only they could address their interior. They've got the pieces 1-3 to give Cleveland a hard time. The problem is that generally (except for last night's game) they get dominated on the rebounds. Kevin Love tends to abuse them inside and out, and when he's paired with TT they usually wreck havoc on the glass.

I feel like a Nerlens Noel addition would've been SCARY!

If only they traded for George or Butler

LOb0
03-02-2017, 09:29 PM
If only they traded for George or Butler

Its not enough. I'd rather be good for the next 10 years than trade away everything to lose to LeBron/Durant in the next 3.

COOLbeans
03-02-2017, 09:36 PM
This poll is terrible. It gives no option for any other teams outside of Cleveland, Golden State or San Antonio to win the championship. Also, the thread in general is really presumptuous as well. They need a healthy Kevin Love back before they have a legitimate shot to win anything. I don't think that Cavs team beats a healthy Boston or Toronto team without him. And the assumption that Durant is completely done for the season is a pretty huge assumption.

I assume you'd want the Rockets to be in the poll? :rolleyes:

kobe4thewinbang
03-03-2017, 01:46 AM
I feel bad for Durant as a human being, but as a sports fan, I'm happy their super team came crashing down. Durant's turn to the dark side has gotten him nothing but shame and disapproval. I think Cavaliers do win it. I thought they still would win, or it would be insanely close like last year even WITH Durant, but if he's not 100% or worse not even playing, then easily Cavaliers win it. I think Williams & Bogut make the difference. I'm not even sure the Spurs don't eliminate the Warriors if they meet first, especially if Durant is hurt. Imagine that! He won't even get to the Finals after leaving for a super team...

nastynice
03-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Warriors in 4. Deal with it.

:cool:

IKnowHoops
03-03-2017, 03:30 AM

sorry

bklynny67
03-03-2017, 03:55 AM
Way to go out on a limb there to predict the defending Champs to repeat with a stacked team...

Lol really don't see your point. Are you looking for a pat on the back for such a bold prediction?

IKnowHoops
03-03-2017, 12:52 PM
FYI - I know its not a bold prediction. I'm just having fun with the presentation.

Giannis94
03-03-2017, 12:53 PM
im calling the bucks get the 8 seed and run the table. Barring more injuries. lol. should i create a thread/!?!?!?!

IKnowHoops
03-03-2017, 01:12 PM
im calling the bucks get the 8 seed and run the table. Barring more injuries. lol. should i create a thread/!?!?!?!

Do what's in your own heart. You recently became old enough to make those type of decisions without asking for permission. "Fly Pelican fly"

"Don't follow no ---------
"Thats -- ---- man.
"Stand on your own two.
"Do your ---- man."