PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut signs with the Cleveland Cavailers

FlashBolt
02-28-2017, 09:38 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18792645/andrew-bogut-sign-cleveland-cavaliers-once-clears-waivers

huge pickup

tredigs
02-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Def not a huge pickup, I promise you. Playing the worst ball of his career and was relegated useless+benched and/or injured the last two NBA Finals.

He's a good depth piece, and a fun personality, but unfortunately by far the worst scorer in the NBA and waining hugely as a defensive presence.

Warriors actually didn't want him back even as a last roster spot. Feels bad but I get it.

bleedprple&gold
02-28-2017, 10:13 PM
He will be Mozgov 2.0 and ride the bench.

FlashBolt
02-28-2017, 10:49 PM
his screening and backup minutes is huge for the Cavs. they lack rim protection. He's good for 10-15 minutes easily while LeBron is on the bench. He'll be a great use when Kyrie+Korver need those screens. Gives Kevin love the help he needs defensively too.

europagnpilgrim
02-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Bogut would be worth more if they go against the Spurs but would be useless just like Love is if they happen to meet up against the Warriors in the Finals

but Lebron finally got his wishes a few weeks later with the depth moves, typical nba

tredigs
02-28-2017, 10:57 PM
his screening and backup minutes is huge for the Cavs. they lack rim protection. He's good for 10-15 minutes easily while LeBron is on the bench. He'll be a great use when Kyrie+Korver need those screens. Gives Kevin love the help he needs defensively too.

If he plays without Bron it's 4 on 5 offensively. 100% useless and a negative as a backup.

FlashBolt
02-28-2017, 11:10 PM
If he plays without Bron it's 4 on 5 offensively. 100% useless and a negative as a backup.

Doubt he plays with LeBron. Tristan's chemistry with Bron is too good. Bogut will probably play with Love, Irving, Smith, and RJ while LeBron is resting. There's zero reason for him to be playing with Bron. Frye+Bron or Tristan+Bron are too good.

IKnowHoops
02-28-2017, 11:40 PM
I'll be interested to see what all of this looks like. Bogut can't be worse than sorry ZaZa Tre.

Chronz
02-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Should be interesting to see how he handles a deep reserve role when Love gets back.

Should he start with TT (cuz the incumbent C HAS to stay the starter) or see if he and Deron can help guide their 2nd unit? Frye is ok coming off the bench and you get to see if Bogut's high post passing game can mesh with the teams best players. I think he comes off the bench to start the shift but I wonder how important Frye's spacing is vs Boguts D.

valade16
03-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Def not a huge pickup, I promise you. Playing the worst ball of his career and was relegated useless+benched and/or injured the last two NBA Finals.

He's a good depth piece, and a fun personality, but unfortunately by far the worst scorer in the NBA and waining hugely as a defensive presence.

Warriors actually didn't want him back even as a last roster spot. Feels bad but I get it.

Then how come I keep hearing that his injury in the Finals as one of the reasons/excuses GS lost?

tredigs
03-01-2017, 12:08 AM
Then how come I keep hearing that his injury in the Finals as one of the reasons/excuses GS lost?

"Keep hearing" my ***. Nobody cared about it then or now. For ****s sake people are shy to even mention the Draymond suspension even though it shook the entire series. Granted Bogut being out is once in a blue moon mentioned when correlated with the fact that Dray was also out and they had no starting bigs.

Saddletramp
03-01-2017, 12:40 AM
"Keep hearing" my ***. Nobody cared about it then or now. For ****s sake people are shy to even mention the Draymond suspension even though it shook the entire series. Granted Bogut being out is once in a blue moon mentioned when correlated with the fact that Dray was also out and they had no starting bigs.

But Draymond missed one game though....,...

Vee-Rex
03-01-2017, 01:06 AM
Iggy got injured for a half. That's big too. Doesn't matter that GS was already getting blown out in game 6.

Vee-Rex
03-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Bogut is a good piece. Once Love returns he may be they odd man out. But we'll have added flexibility and get go with a more defensive-oriented lineup if he's in instead of Frye.

kobe4thewinbang
03-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Wondered if he'd sign there. Can't wait to see him get revenge on the Warriors. Good luck driving on him Steph.

WITZ
03-01-2017, 02:41 AM
Big signings gives the cavs the rim protector they badly needed and gives rest to TT cant have your energy big running on empty. Cavs bench went from **** to rolling 10 deep once fully healthy Derrick Williams has been a stud as well.

ewing
03-02-2017, 09:07 AM
he's on the Cavs? He's the worst player in the league!

krazylegz
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
love how warriors fans think he is trash when zaza is pretty much a poor mans....(drum roll)......andrew bogut

PurpleLynch
03-03-2017, 11:54 AM
D.Williams
Smith
Jefferson
D.Williams(the pf)/Frye
Zaza

This bench is really,really good. I'd say better than GS. The starters are superior in GS though.

IKnowHoops
03-03-2017, 02:52 PM
D.Williams
Smith
Jefferson
D.Williams(the pf)/Frye
Zaza

This bench is really,really good. I'd say better than GS. The starters are superior in GS though.

Bogut

Blitzbolt
03-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Bogut is an awful player right now I don't think this a good pick at all.

TrueFan420
03-04-2017, 12:02 PM
love how warriors fans think he is trash when zaza is pretty much a poor mans....(drum roll)......andrew bogut

Bogut isn't trash but Zaza's game is nothing like Bogut's at all. They are completely different types of players. Only think they share is that their both high BBall IQ and no how to pass out of the post. Other than that their complete opposites.

prodigy
03-04-2017, 03:09 PM

IDK if u watch the cavs much but Lebron and Irving are prob the 2 best drivers in the NBA. When they drive everyone runs at them. Just see last nights game lol. But this also means easy dunks down low. He will avg more then 3pts on cavs that's for sure.

He's also still rebounding and blocking shots at a high level. As mentioned before cavs just need a solid 10-15 minutes from him. He will be key vs bigger teams but useless vs GS. Then again they have ZAZA's worthless butt lol. Ill take Bogut any day over ZAZA.

valade16
03-04-2017, 05:08 PM
IDK if u watch the cavs much but Lebron and Irving are prob the 2 best drivers in the NBA. When they drive everyone runs at them. Just see last nights game lol. But this also means easy dunks down low. He will avg more then 3pts on cavs that's for sure.

He's also still rebounding and blocking shots at a high level. As mentioned before cavs just need a solid 10-15 minutes from him. He will be key vs bigger teams but useless vs GS. Then again they have ZAZA's worthless butt lol. Ill take Bogut any day over ZAZA.

You have to understand, the reason Tredigs thinks Bogut sucks on offense is because while on the Warriors Bogut would pass up wide open layups to pass the ball back out to Klay and Curry for the 3. His last season in GS his TS% was 62.3%. Heck, this season he still has a Defensive Plus/Minus of 5.3. He is still a useful player, though not a full time starter.