PDA

View Full Version : Roy

More-Than-Most
02-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Is super Dario the new front runner considering they will likely keep Embiid out until next year or has Embiid done enough to stay the front runner?

http://fastphillysports.com/sixer-super-dario-saric-may-steal-nba-roy-jo-jo-embiid/

There is literally nothing this guy cant do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGa662vYj2Q

Recent highlights vs the knicks.... As a starter over the past 5 games he has been putting up like 18 plus and 10 plus every night.

MKEBucks87
02-27-2017, 06:34 PM
I would say Brogdon, he can be found near the top of almost every statistical category for rookies. And he is more important to his team. Saric only matters because there are no other options.

tredigs
02-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Worst Rookie class in memory isn't it? Especially since Embiid isn't actually a rookie.

MKEBucks87
02-27-2017, 06:44 PM
It isn't a terrible class, 13/14 was terrible. Brogdon, Saric, Murray, Brown, Chriss, and Valentine have all shown promise this year. Ingram is a question mark, but that is mostly because the Lakers have no idea how to handle a young player anymore. Simmons has potential that we will see next year. There is no clear cut star right now, but there is still a ton of potential. A lot of the guys showing promise are on teams that aren't reliant on only that player to be a scoring option.

Giannis94
02-27-2017, 07:06 PM
This thread is exactly what I expected from MTM. He got catfishhed by believing his own ******** all a long.

In the next 24 hours I am planning on finding the posts that many of you called me a troll for saying 1.) Oden Jr can't sniff Giannis and 2.) that Oden Jr shouldn't win ROTY.

The choice is clear. It's clearly Broggy.

More-Than-Most
02-27-2017, 07:15 PM
This thread is exactly what I expected from MTM. He got catfishhed by believing his own ******** all a long.

In the next 24 hours I am planning on finding the posts that many of you called me a troll for saying 1.) Oden Jr can't sniff Giannis and 2.) that Oden Jr shouldn't win ROTY.

The choice is clear. It's clearly Broggy.

please dont compare kevin love 2.0 to someone like Embiid who is just all around better and helps his team actually win When he is on the court.

Giannis94
02-27-2017, 07:22 PM
please dont compare kevin love 2.0 to someone like Embiid who is just all around better and helps his team actually win When he is on the court.
Not sure if I should report this post or not. The problem is Embiid doesn't stay on the court and doesn't deserve the Oden comp. Why even bother arguing? Embiid is in his own category at this point. He's played in less than 13% of his team's game since drafted.

Child Please.

Heediot
02-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Worst Rookie class in memory isn't it? Especially since Embiid isn't actually a rookie.

Yeah Neither is Saric iirc. I think long term it will still be better then the Anthony Bennett draft.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Saboner

warfelg
02-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Saric is going to easily win it now.

tp13baby
02-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Don't think playing 31 games should put you in the conversation.

1. Saric-his usage will go up, his production has been good lately, think he wins it.
2. Brogdon-not saying much with this class this year.
3.Hield- has gotten the opportunity to show case, I think he will be a 15 ppg guy the rest of the year.

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Since this will likely be the only 31 Embiid ever plays, I figure they might as well give him a pity award.

Bausman
02-27-2017, 11:29 PM
I would say Brogdon, he can be found near the top of almost every statistical category for rookies. And he is more important to his team. Saric only matters because there are no other options.

Sounds pretty important to me. They have ROY and the runner up. Maybe next years ROY too. This s why we were supposed to trust the process.

nycericanguy
02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
With Noah done for the year I think WIlly Hernangomez has a shot. He's put up 15 & 14 PER 36 on great efficiency.

He averaged a double double in Feb in only 25mpg and shot 57% to go along with 2 assists, a block and a steal. He's going to be very good.

If he can get 25mpg+ the rest of the way he could finish the year averaging 8/8/2 on very good efficiency.

warfelg
02-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Just remember Dario is 2nd in rookies at scoring, 2nd in made FG per game, 2nd in rebounds.

Averages 11/6/2 on the year so far. Per of 12.

And now that he's starting and playing 32-36 minutes per game that's only going to go up.

nycericanguy
02-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Just remember Dario is 2nd in rookies at scoring, 2nd in made FG per game, 2nd in rebounds.

Averages 11/6/2 on the year so far. Per of 12.

And now that he's starting and playing 32-36 minutes per game that's only going to go up.

he plays a lot of minutes and has the counting stats but he hasn't been very efficient

TheDish87
02-28-2017, 10:31 AM
its Sarics to lose but the race will actually be close now.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Brogdon is 3rd in PPG (9.7), 4th in FG% (44%), 1st in 3pt FG% (41%), 13th in RPG (2.6), 1st in APG (4.2), and 1st in SPG (1.16). 25.6 MPG

Saric is 2nd in PPG (11.1), 12th in FG% (40%), 17th in 3pt FG% (31%), 2nd in RPG, 11th in APG (1.9), and 11th in SPG (.63). 25.0 MPG

Brogdon is top 5 in just about every statistical category, outside of RPG which makes sense because he is a SG.

Saric is top 5 in 2 categories. Their PER and PIE are close enough to equal. One player is a huge piece to the success of the team, the other is collecting pointless minutes and empty stats. Giannis had a poor night last night against the superior Cavs, and the reason they stayed close in the game, and took the lead at times, was Brogdon.

JLynn943
02-28-2017, 02:52 PM
They just shouldn't give it to anyone. :shrug:

TheDish87
02-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Brogdon is 3rd in PPG (9.7), 4th in FG% (44%), 1st in 3pt FG% (41%), 13th in RPG (2.6), 1st in APG (4.2), and 1st in SPG (1.16). 25.6 MPG

Saric is 2nd in PPG (11.1), 12th in FG% (40%), 17th in 3pt FG% (31%), 2nd in RPG, 11th in APG (1.9), and 11th in SPG (.63). 25.0 MPG

Brogdon is top 5 in just about every statistical category, outside of RPG which makes sense because he is a SG.

Saric is top 5 in 2 categories. Their PER and PIE are close enough to equal. One player is a huge piece to the success of the team, the other is collecting pointless minutes and empty stats. Giannis had a poor night last night against the superior Cavs, and the reason they stayed close in the game, and took the lead at times, was Brogdon.

lol wut? The Bucks stink how is Brogdon any more of a crucial piece than Saric?

nycericanguy
02-28-2017, 04:23 PM

Brogdans numbers are def better...

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 04:31 PM

The Sixere are worse! How is Saric a more crucial than Brogdon.

He has better stats and plays a more vital role on a better team that could sneak into the playoffs.

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2017, 04:46 PM

He has better stats and plays a more vital role on a better team that could sneak into the playoffs.

meh, the Bucks are only 4 games ahead and are 0-2 against the Sixers this season.

The whole "he's only putting up numbers because he's on a bad team" argument doesn't really hold up when both the Sixers and Bucks suck.

I see the race as being neck and neck. Brogdon had the edge prior to Dario's recent surge over the past month and half, but now that Dario is the main focus of our offense (and thriving in that role) he deserves to be in the 2-man race.

edit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/02/27/nba-rookie-of-year-embiid-saric-brogdon/98470288/

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Broggy is clearly the ROY.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 04:55 PM
meh, the Bucks are only 4 games ahead and are 0-2 against the Sixers this season.

The whole "he's only putting up numbers because he's on a bad team" argument doesn't really hold up when both the Sixers and Bucks suck.

I see the race as being neck and neck. Brogdon had the edge prior to Dario's recent surge over the past month and half, but now that Dario is the main focus of our offense (and thriving in that role) he deserves to be in the 2-man race.

edit:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/02/27/nba-rookie-of-year-embiid-saric-brogdon/98470288/

As a starter Saric and the Sixers are 2-12.
As a starter Brogdon and the Bucks are 5-7.

Saric and his empty stats haven't been winning with Saric as a starter.

What is the next line of thought?

TheDish87
02-28-2017, 05:00 PM

Bucks are like 3 games better than the Sixers and have fell below expectations this year. In no way has Brogdon been any more crucial than Saric. Since his role has expanded Saric has just gotten even better and this is a guy who hasnt even had an off-season between his Euro league, Olympic qualifying, olympics, and training camp here. Its certainly gonna be a close race but if Saric keeps up this recent play he will win.

TheDish87
02-28-2017, 05:02 PM
also team play has nothing to do with winning ROY, its not relevant in the least. never has been.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 05:03 PM
also team play has nothing to do with winning ROY, its not relevant in the least. never has been.

So we look at stats, and Brogdon is playing better!

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2017, 05:16 PM
As a starter Saric and the Sixers are 2-12.
As a starter Brogdon and the Bucks are 5-7.

Saric and his empty stats haven't been winning with Saric as a starter.

What is the next line of thought?

Meh, Saric started the first 10 games of the season where we went 1-9.

He was still finding his role. Now that Embiid's out, he is the focal point of our offense and has been putting up great numbers while winning the same amount of games as the bucks in that span.

tredigs
02-28-2017, 05:36 PM
If Embiid is eligible I think he still wins or comes close to it. He was that good and the rest of the candidates have been that bad. I've never seen a ROY average 12 and 6 with poor defense, and he might be the 2nd best rookie.

TheDish87
02-28-2017, 05:38 PM
So we look at stats, and Brogdon is playing better!

you might wanna look at the performances each have had this month....

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 05:40 PM

It's Rookie of the Year. Not Rookie of the Month. Just figured I'd point that out because you clearly missed it.

tredigs
02-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Fun fact: Brogdon is older than 5th year starter Andre Drummond.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Fun fact: Brogdon is older than 5th year starter Andre Drummond.

How is that relevant?

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 06:26 PM

Malcolm Brogdon won a rookie of the week!!!!! Oh boy!!!!
It is ROY, Y means year. You have to look at the full body of work. The President is better

tredigs
02-28-2017, 06:54 PM
How is that relevant?
Just makes him less impressive is all.

Rivera
02-28-2017, 06:59 PM
Is brewers brother back on psd? I forgot his old username when he got perma

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2017, 07:02 PM
How is that relevant?

It's not... it's just a fun fact! Fun facts are fun! No need to think about it bro.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Just makes him less impressive is all.

So Dario is less impressive because he was drafted 3 years ago and played professional ball overseas?

Embiid is less impressive because he has been in the league and system for 3 years?

tredigs
02-28-2017, 07:30 PM
So Dario is less impressive because he was drafted 3 years ago and played professional ball overseas?

Embiid is less impressive because he has been in the league and system for 3 years?

Dario is not as impressive as your now-standard 19 year old rookie for that reason, correct. Embiid was in fact impressive as hadn't played a pro game at any level and clearly showcased MASSIVE impact value/potential. He was the only truly impressive one in a sea of average rookie players this year.

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 07:48 PM
It's not... it's just a fun fact! Fun facts are fun! No need to think about it bro.

Not that I am aware of. He got kicked for posting a hyperlink of a fake trade to adult content IIRC. Not a fan boy. Any questions or concerns can be sent to rush but I had pmd him in the past.

MKEBucks87
02-28-2017, 08:01 PM

I am guessing you are referring to me. I am not a banned member, but I am not new to message boards. I am sure if you are apart of other forums you may have ran across me, especially Reddit.

Feel free to have a mod check me out. I will report this post myself.

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 09:06 PM
I can find more, but this is only what I was able to find in the short amount of time looking. And everyone thought I don't know basketball. SMFH. This took about 10 minutes, and was initially posted in the GT (I was on mobile and not sure how it ended up there)

Have you ever posted on topic in a thread you didn't create...you are the biggest troll and baiter on this site...just own that

I was a troll for saying Embiid isn't ROY. Watch it.

but it's not. Embiid is by so far and away the best rookie this year, it's not even funny. Unless he gets hurt, the race has been over for a month.

Not a valid question? Child please.

Might have to start talking the MVP award when the sixers make the playoffs... JUST SAYING.

Let's worry about a participation trophy for games played, first.

Should just title this Embiid thread.

Embiid is ROY?!

There's no contest.

Re: Embiid. Oh really?

Lol at anyone who answers anything but Embiid. There's no other answer. Can't believe someone tried to make a case already. Classic.

Oh really?

This is a two horse race in much the same way LeBron vs. Mo Williams for the 2009 Cleveland Cavaliers team MVP was a two horse race.

re: 2016-2017 ROY

ummmm we are playing to win. we dont need to worry about our own pick for 2017. He will stay at 28 mins and continue to run away with ROY. Team record has (and shouldnt have) an impact on voting.

Embiid won this after about 10 games.
He has?

Embiid wins unless he gets hurt and misses the rest of the season. The race is over.

The closest comparison I can find to early-career Oden right now is Joel Embiid. If he can stay healthy, Embiid has shown he can do damage, even more so than Oden. Let's hope he holds up.

Accurate

Got 2 things to drop in here

http://fansided.com/2017/01/02/myles-turner-towns-porzingis-embiid/

http://i.imgur.com/6mI9Umu.jpg

Embiids defense is literally god like... Lets forget the 3 point shot/post moves and PG like movement with the ball and just focus in on defense..... Nobody comes close... Not Porz... Not Towns.... Embiid is the unicorn

Side note.... Myles turner is pretty underrated
Unicorn, because he is never seen. I assume.

I hate this "everyone's a unicorn" think.

LeBron was doing all this before Giannis.

Dirk was doing all this before Porzingis.

Hakeem was doing this before Embiid.

Embiid can't sniff Hakeem

who cares about picks... we got embiid and simmons and saric... There isnt a situation outside of the spurs/warriors/cavs id rather be in right now because of goat embiid.

Seems like a walking hospital to me

The 76ers, as long as Embiid's feet hold out. People underestimate how valuable Noel can be, with his ability to defend all five positions. He's going to be some team's primary rim protector in the near future, and he'll hopefully net the 76ers a star in the back court. I'm actively cheerleading my Blazers to trade McCollum for Noel, at least after their new contracts start.

The Philadelphia Band-Aids

The one accurate post in the recent threads.

He's so jealous that Embiid gets as much attention as Giannis lol. It's adorable.

How important and most certainly thread worthy

Hopefully he doesn't miss the all star ga.....oh wait

^this. How many players come out of a landing like that with ACL or meniscus tares?

Please lol

Go back to bed Brewer.

What a terrible franchise with all their guys getting injured.

BTW here's Oden 2.0 with all the knee injuries. Now comes the deteriorating knee, followed by arthritis, followed by bone on bone grinding, weird hairstyles, reinjury bowling, and retirement.
Noel, Simmons, Embiid x3. Child Please.

3 games is a bruised, sore knee.
That was from the thread in early january. You still sure?

tredigs
02-28-2017, 09:21 PM
He was the blatant ROY, the least competitive "race" in memory. Only a season ending injury (still to be determined) could have put that into jeopardy, which to my knowledge was not brought up and denied. As is, he was so much better than everyone else that he still will get plenty of 1st place votes. Might win, who knows. What we do know is that it is the worst ROY contest in memory.

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 09:47 PM
He was the blatant ROY, the least competitive "race" in memory. Only a season ending injury (still to be determined) could have put that into jeopardy, which to my knowledge was not brought up and denied. As is, he was so much better than everyone else that he still will get plenty of 1st place votes. Might win, who knows. What we do know is that it is the worst ROY contest in memory.

MCW says hi

tredigs
02-28-2017, 09:59 PM
MCW says hi
And he would win in a landslide over Saric/Brogdon with his 17/6/6, and I have never liked MCW. Just numbers wise it is by far the worst potential ROY in history. Especially considering Brogdon is the age of some seasoned vets.

Giannis94
02-28-2017, 10:36 PM
And he would win in a landslide over Saric/Brogdon with his 17/6/6, and I have never liked MCW. Just numbers wise it is by far the worst potential ROY in history. Especially considering Brogdon is the age of some seasoned vets.
I mean if he and Embiid were both unemployed, at least he'd be able to get a job because he has a college degree? Not really sure what you're getting at.

tredigs
02-28-2017, 10:50 PM
I mean if he and Embiid were both unemployed, at least he'd be able to get a job because he has a college degree? Not really sure what you're getting at.

Heh doubtful. Embiid has a stage presence and shows aptitude in many situations. He will do great in life. Brogdon looks like a potential solid 7th man on a borderline contender (that always loses) as his apex (which as a 24 yr old he is entering).

TheDish87
03-01-2017, 09:59 AM
It's Rookie of the Year. Not Rookie of the Month. Just figured I'd point that out because you clearly missed it.

you dont think the run Saric is on matters in this race? His role has increased as so has his play, if he continues at this rate he is gonna run away with it.

Giannis94
03-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Heh doubtful. Embiid has a stage presence and shows aptitude in many situations. He will do great in life. Brogdon looks like a potential solid 7th man on a borderline contender (that always loses) as his apex (which as a 24 yr old he is entering).
True, doe. But being a comedian is often part time work but I guess it's fate because Embiid has made millions playing in <13% of his career games thus far

Giannis94
03-01-2017, 10:18 AM
you dont think the run Saric is on matters in this race? His role has increased as so has his play, if he continues at this rate he is gonna run away with it.

As MTM would say: KLOVE2.0.. I'll let you argue with him on the semantics

TheDish87
03-01-2017, 11:04 AM
i have no idea what youre talking. cool i guess.

MKEBucks87
03-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Brogdon with a good game. Saric blech

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 09:47 AM
so?

warfelg
03-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Embiid and Saric: 17 double doubles
Remainder on the Rookie class: 17 double doubles combined.

MKEBucks87
03-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Embiid and Saric: 17 double doubles
Remainder on the Rookie class: 17 double doubles combined.

Rookie Team of the Year?

MKEBucks87
03-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Dario started March out hot. 4/12 (25%!!!!)10 points 6 rebs 2 assists 3 turnovers, and blown out by Miami.

Brogdon continues to be top 5 in almost all rookie statistical categories. Brogdon will continue to get starter minutes due to injuries and Kidd wanting to play the youth for experience. Brogdon is averaging 17/5/2 since returning to starter/starter minutes. His overall numbers will continue to rise and he was consistent over the full season.

The Process has failed. You have no Noel, a terrible Okafor, Andrew Bynum ,an injured Simmons who is all hype, and a 7th man in Saric.

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 12:46 PM
you are committed to being more annoying than that other Bucks fan arent you?

MKEBucks87
03-02-2017, 12:51 PM
you are committed to being more annoying than that other Bucks fan arent you?

Not at all, I am just proving your irrational line of thinking wrong.

It is an award for the performance over the entire year, not one month. Brogdon has played better in almost every statistical category, even with Dario's double doubles. Brogdon has been influential in wins for the Bucks, Dario has 2 wins as a starter lol. One guy played professional ball overseas and was drafted a couple years ago, the other is a true rookie with zero professional experience.

While neither have been impressive, one is clearly better if you take into account the entire year, which is what the award is for!

I'm not annoying, I am right and you can't disprove logic if, and that annoys you. Your inability to think rationally is your problem, not me.

Maybe instead of personal attacks, you could attempt to bring real thought into the topic...

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Before Embiid went out indefinitely and Noel went to Dallas, Saric was clearly behind Brogdon. But now that he's the man and averaging nearly a double-double with several assists per game , Saric's the favorite. Brogdon's losing too much usage to Middleton. And clearly, usage matters in the ROY race.

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Not at all, I am just proving your irrational line of thinking wrong.

It is an award for the performance over the entire year, not one month. Brogdon has played better in almost every statistical category, even with Dario's double doubles. Brogdon has been influential in wins for the Bucks, Dario has 2 wins as a starter lol. One guy played professional ball overseas and was drafted a couple years ago, the other is a true rookie with zero professional experience.

While neither have been impressive, one is clearly better if you take into account the entire year, which is what the award is for!

I'm not annoying, I am right and you can't disprove logic if, and that annoys you. Your inability to think rationally is your problem, not me.

Maybe instead of personal attacks, you could attempt to bring real thought into the topic...

you didnt prove anything wrong and a few pages were disproven on things that you are still trying to use lol. im just gonna block you like i did him. ill take it off after Saric wins ROY so i can troll you.

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Before Embiid went out indefinitely and Noel went to Dallas, Saric was clearly behind Brogdon. But now that he's the man and averaging nearly a double-double with several assists per game , Saric's the favorite. Brogdon's losing too much usage to Middleton. And clearly, usage matters in the ROY race.

pretty sure NBA.com had Saric 2nd on the rookie ladder for a good portion of the season and he his currently sitting 2nd (to Embiid)

2. Dario Saric, Philadelphia 76ers
Last ranked: No. 3

Malcolm Brogdon didnít lose second place. Saric took it, just as Saric has been handling most every other situation. What had been a race with Willy Hernangomez of the New York Knicks for Rookie of the Month in the East turned into an easy call with Saricís active streak of eight consecutive games with at least 18 points and a run within those eight of four in a row with at least 11 rebounds. He finished February at 17 points, 7.9 rebounds and 44.3 percent from the field in 30.9 minutes.

PhillyFaninLA
03-02-2017, 02:37 PM
I think Embiid has to be out of contention....but with the way Saric has played the last 20 games or so, he is playing like a borderline all star so you can certainly give it to him.

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2017, 03:11 PM
pretty sure NBA.com had Saric 2nd on the rookie ladder for a good portion of the season and he his currently sitting 2nd (to Embiid)

I guess that means I disagreed with NBA.com's rankings. Before Philadelphia's front court emptied out, I thought Brogdon was more deserving than Saric, especially with how he was filling in for Middleton and playing much wiser than his experience would suggest. But now that Saric is taking on the pressure of being the man, and showing that he's up to the task, I think he's clearly more deserving.
But again, it comes back to usage. Imagine what would happen to Brogdon's stats if Giannis went down.

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
oh im not saying Brogdon isnt or wasnt deserving, he is and will continue to be. But i do think Saric has passed him in the same way NBA.com mentioned. We have seen a lot more great, standout games from Saric i think.

warfelg
03-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Dario Saric was named February Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month.

A Sixer has won every Rookie of the Month so far.

Heediot
03-02-2017, 05:09 PM
lololol, the roy race and winner this year will be so ******! ****** enough not to even deserve 2 pages, yet it's trending towards 10 plus by homers who want to feel good about their prospects (and the teams future). lolol.

TheDish87
03-02-2017, 05:32 PM
lol did you just judge the ROY race by a forum discussion page count?

CodeRed
03-02-2017, 05:40 PM
When you actually factor in team success, Jamal Murray is the only rookie having an impact on a potential playoff team. I'd personally give it to Brogdon though, he effects the game in so many areas.

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2017, 07:15 PM
oh im not saying Brogdon isnt or wasnt deserving, he is and will continue to be. But i do think Saric has passed him in the same way NBA.com mentioned. We have seen a lot more great, standout games from Saric i think.

I think so too, at least since Embiid has gone down. Saric is looking like Barnes ó a guy who just needed more touches to show how good he is. And luckily for the 76ers, Saric has the shooting ability to play small forward. I can't say the same for Simmons, who I think will be better-utilized as a power forward like Gordon.

tredigs
03-02-2017, 09:05 PM
I think so too, at least since Embiid has gone down. Saric is looking like Barnes ó a guy who just needed more touches to show how good he is. And luckily for the 76ers, Saric has the shooting ability to play small forward. I can't say the same for Simmons, who I think will be better-utilized as a power forward like Gordon.
Pump the breaks on "how good Barnes is". Epitome of decent stats on a terrible team. Leading them to their worst record in 20 years on 20 PPG with average efficiency, little defense, and 0 playmaking ability.

tp13baby
03-02-2017, 09:56 PM
When you actually factor in team success, Jamal Murray is the only rookie having an impact on a potential playoff team. I'd personally give it to Brogdon though, he effects the game in so many areas.

The reason I don't have Murray as ROY is he has been fairly inefficient. But if I use that as the gold standard Saric isn't an option either and leaves you with Brogdon.

Giannis94
03-02-2017, 10:40 PM
lololol, the roy race and winner this year will be so ******! ****** enough not to even deserve 2 pages, yet it's trending towards 10 plus by homers who want to feel good about their prospects (and the teams future). lolol.

Y h8. Child Puhlease. This os the most intel igent thread P S D has evvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaa seen. You just jealous you don't have a horse in da race, hommie

Giannis94
03-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Pump the breaks on "how good Barnes is". Epitome of decent stats on a terrible team. Leading them to their worst record in 20 years on 20 PPG with average efficiency, little defense, and 0 playmaking ability.

You sure you talking about Barnes and not sarich? Minus "worst record in 20 years" part.

More-Than-Most
03-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Super Dario put the process haters on notice.. There is nothing he cant do like literally.

Giannis94
03-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Super Dario put the process haters on notice.. There is nothing he cant do like literally.
Klove2.0

ewing
03-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Give it to Yogi

More-Than-Most
03-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Klove2.0

na he actually leads his teams to wins.... Gia is suppose to be a top 5 player but my man cant get the talented bucks past 20 plus wins... LIKE KEVIN LOVE 1.0

Well except those wolves teams didnt have the talent the bucks had this year.

Crackadalic
03-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Has to be sario. kid is good

Lil Rhody
03-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Man the Celtics are idiots for taking brown at the #3 pick. What a waste of a pick!....... remember all that talk everyone? Ingram sucks and I can't wait for the next couple of years when brown keeps getting better and turns into a star

Giannis94
03-04-2017, 11:16 AM
na he actually leads his teams to wins.... Gia is suppose to be a top 5 player but my man cant get the talented bucks past 20 plus wins... LIKE KEVIN LOVE 1.0

Well except those wolves teams didnt have the talent the bucks had this year.

And yer boi embiid can't even sniff greg oden anymore. In their first 3 seasons Oden played in 62% more games than Embiid. Saric is a stat stuffer. nothing more. So I guess we can call Saric a product of the system?

CELTICS4LYFE
03-04-2017, 12:32 PM
No Love for Jaylen???? Haven't seen him on any top 10 rookie list.

Avg's don't look great but he's been coming on as of late and cracking the rotation of a playoff team.

Outplayed Ingram last night.

CELTICS4LYFE
03-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Jaylen Avg since

Jan 1st - 8.3/4.2/.8

Since Feb 1st - 10.7/4.5/.8

theducksmuggler
03-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Malcolm Brogdon MPG 25.7 FG% 44% 3P% 43% FT% 84% PPG 9.8 APG 4.2 RPG 2.6 Bucks(27-33)
Dario Saric MPG 25.1 FG% 40% 3P% 31% FT% 77% PPG 11.4 APG 2.0 RPG 6.2 76ers (23-38)

So considering Dario Saric has less talent around him compared to Brogdon and putting up slightly better scoring numbers with less efficiency in the same amount of minutes while only have 4 less wins then the Bucks...I personally have Dario easily as the winner of ROY and think he has made a bigger impact on his team especially when given a bigger role since Ersan was traded.

Just another stat line from the last 5 games for both
Dario Saric PPG 18.2 RPG 9.8 APG 4.4 (2-3 record)
Malcolm Brogdon PPG 14.4 RPG 1.8 APG 3.8 (2-3 record)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Yeah if votes are based mainly on PPG. Its a close race between Saric and Brogdon. Haven't checked the rest of the rookies PPG averages. Like ya said it helped with Ersan dealt. Also with Noel traded. Less twin towers of Embiid and Noel. Now with Embiid out for the season. Plenty of touches for Saric to chuck enough for the ROY. Kinda like MCW walking away with it in the past. Factor in Bucks have plenty of guys getting more touches over Brogdon. Also with Middleton back less extra back up minutes at SG for Brogdon. So only hope is Delly stinks it up and gets the hook for more minutes for Brogdon at PG. But Kidd doesn't do that. But yeah looks like Saric could walk away with ROY now.

warfelg
03-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Less twin towers of Embiid and Noel.

The whole 8 minutes of it we got right?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-04-2017, 06:45 PM
The whole 8 minutes of it we got right?

Every minute counts when its only a point or so gap for ROY. Still that Noel trade was horrible for 76ers. Yeah they got out of a big money deal of maybe $20M per or so. Mavs have to deal with that but all they have is Barnes and Wesley. Man I wished Delly got traded. He's been a dumpster fire for quite sometime now.

Jamiecballer
03-04-2017, 08:48 PM
I'd like to second withholding the award this year and handing out 2 next year

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

KnickNyKnick
03-04-2017, 08:58 PM
thought this thread was about Brandon Roy

Giannis94
03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
thought this thread was about Brandon Roy

I mean it kinda iz when u look at the sumilarities bwtween him and Embiid (who I refuse to call Oden Jr until he earns it. He doesn't dare deserve being called anything related to Oden because at least Oden plsyed quality minutes)

MKEBucks87
03-06-2017, 11:02 PM
brogdon!!!!!!

warfelg
03-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Head to head last night:

Brogdon 13 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk

Saric 14 points, 8 reb, 6 ast, 2 stls

nycericanguy
03-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Willy - 14 points, 7-10, 8 reb, 3 assists in just 18 min.

Now averaging 7/6/1 in just 16mpg and shooting 55%

tp13baby
03-07-2017, 10:50 AM
No Love for Jaylen???? Haven't seen him on any top 10 rookie list.

Avg's don't look great but he's been coming on as of late and cracking the rotation of a playoff team.

Outplayed Ingram last night.

That rookie ladder thing is a joke and whoever publishes that is lost in the headZ

warfelg
03-09-2017, 02:19 PM

Dario 1/2 odds to be the ROY
Brogdon is 3/1 odds.

nycericanguy
03-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Willy 13 & 12, 6 for 10

warfelg
03-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Not good enough:

Dario had 28/9/1/2stl, 11-16 shooting and 4-7 from 3

Giannis94
03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
I saw an article saying that embiid should win ROTY for playing 31 games. That's fine but if that's the standard, then make sure Jabari gets Most Improved POTY for playing in 51

Hellcrooner
03-10-2017, 12:52 PM
lets see what Willy can do the rest of the season.

Should get at least in the 1st rookie team.

TheDish87
03-10-2017, 01:33 PM
I saw an article saying that embiid should win ROTY for playing 31 games. That's fine but if that's the standard, then make sure Jabari gets Most Improved POTY for playing in 51

a lot more competition for Parker.

Giannis94
03-10-2017, 01:43 PM
a lot more competition for Parker.

But he also played in 24% more games than Embiid. His sample size would be inflated if he played in 20 less games.

TheDish87
03-10-2017, 02:25 PM
irrelevant. Even if Parker played 82 games he wasnt a lock to win MIP.

ewing
03-10-2017, 04:37 PM

he's too good, they should really sit him