PDA

View Full Version : kyle lowry out for regular season

bucketss
02-27-2017, 04:27 PM
https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/836308435570405376?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Chronz
02-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Poor guy man, the game is too hard on him. Is he back by the playoffs?

LOb0
02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
This is bad since they're fighting for home court in round 2 and with the moves they made could have got it.

aman_13
02-27-2017, 04:53 PM

He's hoping to return by playoffs.

Vee-Rex
02-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Very unfortunate.

I'm hearing he hid the injury from the medical staff to play in the All-Star game? And then went golfing afterwards?

tredigs
02-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Wow, huge blow. Hopefully he can be ready to go come playoff time (at least rehab wise he can keep his fitness up), but they likely lose HCA in the 1st round to the Hawks now.

tredigs
02-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Raptors have not been a winning basketball team when he sits (very bad in fact), and he leads the league in MPG. They are going to struggle. On the plus side Woj tweeted that he's hearing that the rehab could bring him back by the end of the reg season.

More-Than-Most
02-27-2017, 06:24 PM

They should give up on him :laugh:

More-Than-Most
02-27-2017, 06:26 PM
This is bad since they're fighting for home court in round 2 and with the moves they made could have got it.

Its smart and not big at all... If it were the playoffs he would probably play through it... The raptors have a playoff spot locked up... Home court is pretty irrelevent in all honesty.. Its 4-3 not 5-2 or something big like that. A healthy Lowry is pretty big and that is what they will get come the playoffs.

aman_13
02-27-2017, 06:28 PM
He leads the league in minutes per game and as everyone knows, he goes all out every second.

This is the third yr in a row where he's had to deal with an injury around this time. This one being the most serious.

Scoots
02-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Its smart and not big at all... If it were the playoffs he would probably play through it... The raptors have a playoff spot locked up... Home court is pretty irrelevent in all honesty.. Its 4-3 not 5-2 or something big like that. A healthy Lowry is pretty big and that is what they will get come the playoffs.

I don't think they do ... mathematically at least.

aman_13
02-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Raptors have not been a winning basketball team when he sits (very bad in fact), and he leads the league in MPG. They are going to struggle. On the plus side Woj tweeted that he's hearing that the rehab could bring him back by the end of the reg season.

They've struggled without him but I think the Ibaka addition will keep them afloat. He's already had a huge impact on their spacing. I see upside in their ball movement, something they have really struggled with when Lowry isn't on the court. Here's hoping anyway.

If not their offense, hopefully the defense. Ibaka and Tucker have already had a huge impact on that end.

nycericanguy
02-27-2017, 06:42 PM
He lead the league in minutes per game and as everyone knows, he goes all out every second.

This is the third yr in a row where he's had to deal with an injury around this time. This one being the most serious.

crazy that 37mpg leads the league now though, I remember all the stars used to play 40+mpg and all 82 games.

Tough break for TOR, they got the best years out of Lowry for dirt cheap, now the question is do you pay him 25-30m for his 31-35 declining years?

Scoots
02-27-2017, 07:07 PM
crazy that 37mpg leads the league now though, I remember all the stars used to play 40+mpg and all 82 games.

Tough break for TOR, they got the best years out of Lowry for dirt cheap, now the question is do you pay him 25-30m for his 31-35 declining years?

You know Jordan only did it twice right? And he was one of the most durable stars. Karl Malone did it twice, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Shaq never did it once.

Yes, players used to play more minutes, they used to play a lot slower, they didn't play basketball anywhere near as much per year, they were not as strong nor as quick as players are now. The game is different.

smith&wesson
02-27-2017, 07:09 PM

I'd say no. We need a younger pg moving fwd. His injures will only get worst as he ages.

nycericanguy
02-27-2017, 07:21 PM
You know Jordan only did it twice right? And he was one of the most durable stars. Karl Malone did it twice, John Stockton, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Shaq never did it once.

Yes, players used to play more minutes, they used to play a lot slower, they didn't play basketball anywhere near as much per year, they were not as strong nor as quick as players are now. The game is different.

I hadnt looked it up or anything but MJ did over 40+ 3 straight years and had several other years of over 39 so close enough.

Is the game really faster now? serious question... I mean I know this year teams are going nuts offensively but for the past 5-10 years is the game much faster than before? what makes you think they dont play as much also? They also played 16 pre season games back then and the stars played them all as well. Not to mention the stars did dunk contests and all the All star festivities... I dont see how guys play ball much more during the year now vs then.

nycericanguy
02-27-2017, 07:24 PM
I'd say no. We need a younger pg moving fwd. His injures will only get worst as he ages.

yea but its a tough call for a GM to break up a top 4 seed 50 + win team.

Really curious what Masaai does. TOR won't be able to replace Lowry with cap space.

Vee-Rex
02-27-2017, 07:33 PM
I hadnt looked it up or anything but MJ did over 40+ 3 straight years and had several other years of over 39 so close enough.

Is the game really faster now? serious question... I mean I know this year teams are going nuts offensively but for the past 5-10 years is the game much faster than before? what makes you think they dont play as much also? They also played 16 pre season games back then and the stars played them all as well. Not to mention the stars did dunk contests and all the All star festivities... I dont see how guys play ball much more during the year now vs then.

Without checking the numbers, I'd say the pace is definitely faster now than it was back then. 20 minutes today is probably more tiring than 20 minutes in '92.

Chronz
02-27-2017, 07:51 PM
It's not the pace per se, technically speaking players in the 60s used to run more possessions. 90s and 80s are prolly higher though still more comparable to today but I do get the whole pace of play being higher despite similar pace numbers. I feel like there is more mental fatigue with the game but it could also just be a way for teams to simply preserve a players longevity over riding him early.