PDA

View Full Version : Vlade Divac says Nuggets turned down a DeMarcus Cousins, Nikola Jokic swap

spreadeagle
02-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Sacramento Kings Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Vlade Divac says he tried to trade DeMarcus Cousins for Nuggets’ center Nikola Jokic, but Denver declined the offer.

In an article published by Blic Sport, a European media outlet, Divac says he tried to get Jokic, as well as Suns’ guard Devin Booker and Lakers’ wing Brandon Ingram in exchange for Cousins.

A translation from the article shows Divac saying the following.

“There was no way that we (could get) Jokic. I wanted him, but (Denver refused). I tried to get Booker in Phoenix, and Ingram from the Lakers but there was no chance. I wanted to start from the beginning and I think that’s for the best.” - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/vlade-divac-says-nuggets-turned-down-a-demarcus-cousins-nikola-jokic-swap-456078.html#sthash.azA2QCFE.dpuf

Hawkeye15
02-27-2017, 03:31 PM
as they should have. No way you move Jokic for Cousins if you are the Nuggs

Giannis94
02-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure the Kings have the pieces for Jokic. They have dealt future picks and it would be a grab bag with their current and next year's. Cousins also has character problems (just calling it how it is).

Wtf is Divac thinking

IndyRealist
02-27-2017, 03:44 PM
He's burning all kinds of bridges talking about this publicly. Lakers fans were furious already, but now with confirmation? It'll be a bloodbath.

TheDish87
02-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Kings dont have any pieces though

GiantsSwaGG
02-27-2017, 03:45 PM
Why the **** would the Nuggets do that

LeonFSU
02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
He's burning all kinds of bridges talking about this publicly. Lakers fans were furious already, but now with confirmation? It'll be a bloodbath.

Plus he's saying he'd rather have Jokic, Booker, or Ingram than Hield. Maybe obvious (at least with respect to the first two) but why confirm it to the guy you just traded for?

LOb0
02-27-2017, 04:04 PM

If Lakers fans can't understand why that would have been a horrible trade let them be mad.

valade16
02-27-2017, 04:18 PM

Burning bridges with the Lakers? I'm not sure how your two statements are connected (if they are at all).

Jamiecballer
02-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Well gee Vlade i can't imagine why they didn't take that deal you horses ***

joey-A
02-27-2017, 04:57 PM
I would not trade Jokic for Cousins the Cancer either. Not even if they had a top-5 pick in this draft to add with Cousins. I mean that would just be a stupid trade that would Destroy Denver's team.

FlashBolt
02-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Nuggets GM would be the worst if it did that..

zn23
02-27-2017, 05:24 PM
lol you can't swap them straight up. Jokic is 5 years younger and is playing much better than Cousins did at the same stage in their career and has more potential than Cousins. Sure Cousins is a better player right now. But you're looking ahead. Plus, Jokic not a volatile presence in the locker room. Players love playing with Jokic because unselfish and doesn't whine and moan when things don't go his way.

Giannis94
02-27-2017, 05:34 PM

The only GM's that I see doing that are Billy King and MJ. I swear, Vlade and Vivek are conspiring right before put eyes. Like 24 type of ****. Except that I don't know what their motive or intentions are.

tredigs
02-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Burning bridges with the Lakers? I'm not sure how your two statements are connected (if they are at all).

It's breaking their protocol to speak about failed trades publicly. He's trying to do damage control and save face, but I agree that this is not a smart long-term plan. His rep among players after publicly and privately lying to/about Cousins and among GM's must be in the sewer right now. Respect is a BIG thing among fellow GM's, Bob Myers has talked about this frequently on podcasts, etc.

IndyRealist
02-27-2017, 06:25 PM

With the Lakers FO. He threw them under the bus to make himself sound better.

tp13baby
02-28-2017, 12:10 PM

After losing Masai I was harsh on Tim Connelly. But I have to admit TC is one of the most underrated GMs in the league.

Blitzbolt
02-28-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm not a Jokic fan at all he is highly overrated Divac has no idea what's his doing.

cmellofan15
03-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Highly overrated? its much safer to gamble on Jokic living up to his potential than it is to gamble on Demarcus resigning and being here long term.

tredigs
03-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Highly overrated? its much safer to gamble on Jokic living up to his potential than it is to gamble on Demarcus resigning and being here long term.

Well there was 0 chance DMC was leaving (He would never leave that money on the table, hence his agent threatening that he would never resign with whatever team traded for him), so take out that side of the argument.

tp13baby
03-01-2017, 02:01 AM
I'm not a Jokic fan at all he is highly overrated Divac has no idea what's his doing.

You were the same one who was watching Nurkic and saying how bad Jokic was when he wasn't even playing. haha

Hint, he doesn't play for Portland.

zn23
03-01-2017, 02:36 AM
Well there was 0 chance DMC was leaving (He would never leave that money on the table, hence his agent threatening that he would never resign with whatever team traded for him), so take out that side of the argument.

Even If I got a guarantee from DMC that he would resign with my team, I would never trade him for Jokic.

Too much of a locker room cancer. Picks up fouls easily, picks up technical fouls as well. Plus 5 years older.

Jokic could surpass him in a year and actually take the Nuggets to the playoffs, something Cousins doesn't know anything about.

cmellofan15
03-01-2017, 11:57 AM

What? That was my point. His agent said he wouldn't resign anywhere else so why would the Nuggets gamble trade for him with that news looming when we have a guy like Jokic who can very likely be here long term.

Blitzbolt
03-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Both of this guys reminded me of Kevin Love they put up huge numbers on awful teams .To me they're 2nd or 3rd options in a championship team no way can they lead a team.

tp13baby
03-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Both of this guys reminded me of Kevin Love they put up huge numbers on awful teams .To me they're 2nd or 3rd options in a championship team no way can they lead a team.

K Love in Minnesota put up stats. Jokic is already is one of the most efficient players in the league. They are brutal without him. He is 22, what 22 year old is going to lead a team to a championship. He really isn't anything like Love. Defensively maybe, but to be fair he is our 3rd best defender, it's not saying anything but our entire defense sucks. We are in the 8th seed solely because of him. We are terrible as a team for numerous reasons which don't have to do with Jokic really.

ewing
03-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Even If I got a guarantee from DMC that he would resign with my team, I would never trade him for Jokic.

Too much of a locker room cancer. Picks up fouls easily, picks up technical fouls as well. Plus 5 years older.

Jokic could surpass him in a year and actually take the Nuggets to the playoffs, something Cousins doesn't know anything about.

Boom!

Blitzbolt
03-01-2017, 07:47 PM
K Love in Minnesota put up stats. Jokic is already is one of the most efficient players in the league. They are brutal without him. He is 22, what 22 year old is going to lead a team to a championship. He really isn't anything like Love. Defensively maybe, but to be fair he is our 3rd best defender, it's not saying anything but our entire defense sucks. We are in the 8th seed solely because of him. We are terrible as a team for numerous reasons which don't have to do with Jokic really.
Look Jokic is a great player and in my opinion he is the best young C in the NBA.But there is a reason why Malone sits him sometimes .His Defense is shamefully awful and fans blame the nuggets style of play and his teammates but that's not true he is miles away from being at least decent in that end and in my opinion he will never be a good defensive player.

His flashy passes and other skills look great but come playoff time that's style of play will never Work.

My point is he is a Robin at best he needs a Batman.