PDA

View Full Version : Knicks to Waive Brandon Jennings

NYKnickFanatic
02-27-2017, 10:45 AM
So which contender will scoop him up? Maybe GSW should pass on Calderon and sign Jennings?

NYKnickFanatic
02-27-2017, 10:52 AM
OKC could be a nice fit.

ewing
02-27-2017, 11:12 AM
He fought the Melo and the Melo won

Scoots
02-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Pels?

Vinylman
02-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Why not buyout rose while they are at it

Hell, Make it an arms race

Anyone with an expiring not playoff bound should be bought out

The league is becoming a bigger joke day by day

c.c.
02-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Lottomatica Roma

ewing
02-27-2017, 12:20 PM

I am pretty sure Jennings had another year on his deal. Guess he said **** this

nycericanguy
02-27-2017, 12:34 PM
I am pretty sure Jennings had another year on his deal. Guess he said **** this

no he had a 1 year deal... the entire league is just a farm system for CLE & GSW now...lol.

nycericanguy
02-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Scola being bought out... GSW or CLE?

mjqusoldier
02-27-2017, 01:19 PM
He should go play in china with Marbury.

Vinylman
02-27-2017, 01:23 PM
All these guys being waived and bought out are killing the trade deadline market...

Teams are making back door deals with other teams by making them aware if they don't get traded that they will be waived or bought out...

The easiest and most entertaining way to solve this is to make the trade/waiver deadline the same day....

Scoots
02-27-2017, 01:54 PM
no he had a 1 year deal... the entire league is just a farm system for CLE & GSW now...lol.

You know that the Warriors haven't changed their roster from the first day of training camp other than to give 2 10 day contracts to a d-league player right? Add to that that the only vet minimum guy on the roster anyone else wanted is David West. The others are GSW development players and the McGee reclamation project. I think the Warriors are happy with their mix of youth and vets other than they want a 3rd PG who is a veteran and who can play in their system, thus Calderon, but it's not like Calderon is going to move the needle on the Warriors winning any time soon.

The Cavs have been doing a lot of moves but it all has to end by day after tomorrow.

Giannis94
02-27-2017, 02:25 PM

Agree whole heartedly on your last sentence

mightybosstone
02-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Scola being bought out... GSW or CLE?

I would love to see him back in a Houston Rockets jersey. If Houston can't get Bogut, I'm really hoping for Scola.

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Why not jump on the Cleveland train? He could easily be their reserve point guard.

mightybosstone
02-27-2017, 02:35 PM

I think you might be making a bigger deal out of this than it is. These are not really good players that have a ton of value who are being bought out. These are guys who have little trade value who teams probably couldn't have got a decent pick for and don't really fit the teams they're currently playing on. Could they have value for a contender? Possibly. But the likelihood of Brandon Jennings having a significant impact in a postseason series is pretty low.

These are mostly depth guys who teams hope can step in and occasionally give them 10-15 minutes a game when needed in the playoffs, not starter quality players. If Brandon Jennings is even your 6th or 7th best player, you're probably screwed.

Chronz
02-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Any playoff team that wants to add Brandon Jennings is not a very good playoff team, prolly one on the fringes of playoff contention. He knows the Knicks aint making it but what team could actually use this guy?

LOL at you guys overrating his value with all that farm talk. The guy has played effective ball like a half stretch or single year in his 8 year career.

LOb0
02-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Any playoff team that wants to add Brandon Jennings is not a very good playoff team, prolly one on the fringes of playoff contention. He knows the Knicks aint making it but what team could actually use this guy?

LOL at you guys overrating his value with all that farm talk. The guy has played effective ball like a half stretch or single year in his 8 year career.

I was wondering if I was the only one that thought this. He was an inefficient shot jacker before he tore his achilles but now suddenly he's good? I wouldn't take this guy for free.

ewing
02-27-2017, 08:05 PM

you right for some reason i remember it being 2 years 10 mil- by bad

ewing
02-27-2017, 08:07 PM
You know that the Warriors haven't changed their roster from the first day of training camp other than to give 2 10 day contracts to a d-league player right? Add to that that the only vet minimum guy on the roster anyone else wanted is David West. The others are GSW development players and the McGee reclamation project. I think the Warriors are happy with their mix of youth and vets other than they want a 3rd PG who is a veteran and who can play in their system, thus Calderon, but it's not like Calderon is going to move the needle on the Warriors winning any time soon.

The Cavs have been doing a lot of moves but it all has to end by day after tomorrow.

I actually Jenning would be great on GS. I don't know if you guys have mins to give him but he loves to push the ball and has exactly eyes. I team like GS would be a good fit

FlashBolt
02-27-2017, 08:10 PM
OKC should pick him up.

ewing
02-27-2017, 08:11 PM
OKC could be a nice fit.

I don't think so. Not many shooters on the team. He'd either play without Russ and be asked to shoot to much or play with Russ and have to play off the ball. I don't really like either proposition. For Jenning to be effective i think you have run and have shooters/scorers for him to set up.

NYKnickFanatic
02-27-2017, 08:37 PM
I heard he is expected to sign with the Hornets. Pretty shocking if true.

IndyRealist
02-27-2017, 09:34 PM
I heard he is expected to sign with the Hornets. Pretty shocking if true.

Guess he wants mins to rehab his career.

Yanks All Day
02-28-2017, 12:06 PM
The Cavaliers should sign Brandon Jennings and never play him a single minute. The only reason to keep him on the roster is to have a potential to dribble-out a Finals championship game win with a lineup of:

Brandon Jennings
JR Smith
Iman Shumpert
Derrick Williams
Channing Frye

This way, an entire lineup of Knicks can all win a championship together. Even better, it would be 4 of 5 of them that Phil Jackson got rid of and LeBron turned into champions.

Vinylman
02-28-2017, 12:54 PM
I think you might be making a bigger deal out of this than it is. These are not really good players that have a ton of value who are being bought out. These are guys who have little trade value who teams probably couldn't have got a decent pick for and don't really fit the teams they're currently playing on. Could they have value for a contender? Possibly. But the likelihood of Brandon Jennings having a significant impact in a postseason series is pretty low.

These are mostly depth guys who teams hope can step in and occasionally give them 10-15 minutes a game when needed in the playoffs, not starter quality players. If Brandon Jennings is even your 6th or 7th best player, you're probably screwed.

Not really... there are some pretty solid pieces being waived this year...

I half jokingly said yesterday that the Knicks should waive Rose... now there are rumors it might happen...

You don't think Rose could help anyone?

lakerfan85
02-28-2017, 02:23 PM

I half jokingly said yesterday that the Knicks should waive Rose... now there are rumors it might happen...

If Rose gets waved and I'm the Spurs I'd try to get him..

HeartOfStarks
02-28-2017, 03:16 PM

I've watched literally every game Rose & Jennings have played this year. Both of them can absolutely help a contender. People are sleeping.

Biggest knock on both of them is D, they're both bad defenders at the point. But a lot of the top PGs in this league suck at D. Neither Rose nor Jennings should be starters anymore, but as backup PGs each bring something unique to the table.

Jennings has damn solid vision and is a good passer, moves the ball very well.

Rose can still penetrate, collapsing the defense with the best of them. And his midrange game is still very good.

Yes both of them are extremely flawed, and I could go into it at length. I don't want either back on the Knicks, but that's because we're a terrible team that needs to completely rebuild.

Rose backing up Parker on The Spurs? Yes that 100% makes them more dangerous. The guy still gets to the rack basically at will.

HeartOfStarks
02-28-2017, 03:44 PM
^^ basically if JR Smith and Iman Shumpert can help a contender, Rose & Jennings can. Shump was damn near useless on the Knicks and JR was a half clown yet Lebron seems to have found use for them