PDA

View Full Version : Best spot for Bogut?

JasonJohnHorn
02-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Not sure why he would go anywhere other than GSW to be honest. Having been traded from Dallas to another team, I'm under the impression he is free to sign there (could be mistaken).

But there are other great landing spots as well, namely the Spurs! With Gasol and Bogut sharing the post, both of whom have great passing games and solid D, the Spurs would have a major upgrade, which is impressive given that they are already on pace for 60 wins.

Cavs sound good on paper, but they may not be as good a fit with respect to chemistry.

The Clippers, when healthy, would be an ideal landing spot I think Griffin, CP3 and Bogut would make for a great passing tandem.

Other team you think would be good and why?

lakerfan85
02-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Center..

Scoots
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Not sure why he would go anywhere other than GSW to be honest. Having been traded from Dallas to another team, I'm under the impression he is free to sign there (could be mistaken).

But there are other great landing spots as well, namely the Spurs! With Gasol and Bogut sharing the post, both of whom have great passing games and solid D, the Spurs would have a major upgrade, which is impressive given that they are already on pace for 60 wins.

Cavs sound good on paper, but they may not be as good a fit with respect to chemistry.

The Clippers, when healthy, would be an ideal landing spot I think Griffin, CP3 and Bogut would make for a great passing tandem.

Other team you think would be good and why?

The Warriors apparently don't want him, and there was a bit of "soft" language applied to it. They are apparently looking for more guard help and going after Calderon. I wonder if they even considered Williams.

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2017, 09:54 PM
Cavs will sign him.

brandt
02-26-2017, 10:03 PM
There's a lot of talk about Houston possibly trying to get him. That's one reason why they traded by the end of the deadline for some extra cash. Being that the Rockets are more of a finess team, someone like Bogut would be a great fit because you have someone who can make them a little tougher.

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 10:05 PM
bucks.

Dade County
02-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Boston or Miami (backup to Whiteside)

North Yorker
02-26-2017, 10:29 PM
Rockets/Cavs/Celtics

Raps18-19 Champ
02-27-2017, 12:27 AM
He's confirmed to go to Cavs apparently. I don't think he will play much though on the Cavs.

Sly Guy
02-27-2017, 11:16 AM
anywhere but the cavs...

Vee-Rex
02-27-2017, 12:35 PM
He's confirmed to go to Cavs apparently. I don't think he will play much though on the Cavs.

I'm expecting 15'ish minutes for the regular season because the only 2 bigs we have are TT and Frye right now.

Once Love returns and the playoffs start he'll probably only get spot minutes here and there, but he'll be good insurance in case someone goes down.

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2017, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see him in Boston. He's only 32 and could still play a prominent role on a contender as a adept-passing rim protector.

TrueFan420
02-27-2017, 05:52 PM
can you post the link?

Yanks All Day
02-27-2017, 06:15 PM
The Cavaliers should sign him strictly so he can't play against them. His injury lost the Finals. Not the Draymond suspension. After their only rim protector went down, Cleveland walked to the basket at will.

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2017, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see him in Boston. He's only 32 and could still play a prominent role on a contender as a adept-passing rim protector.

Great pick. I think he could warrant minutes on a great team. I feel like in this league, once one team has dropped you to >20 minutes a game, the rest of the league gives up on you. Not sure why. Some teams are deeper or have different needs. Bogut still warrants starting minutes. He's a great player. If he lands on a team that is smart enough to use him, he can make a huge contribution.

JordansBulls
02-27-2017, 09:18 PM
The Bulls.

PAOboston
02-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Source said reports Bogut has all but decided on Cavs are inaccurate. Bogut's hoping to speak with Cs players Tues: https://t.co/oN9SsTZlO7

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/836381655849910276

CluTcH_c1tY
02-28-2017, 02:59 PM
He needs to come to Houston. I'm tired of LeBron constantly needing help to compete.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
02-28-2017, 07:04 PM
He needs to come to Houston. I'm tired of LeBron constantly needing help to compete.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah... this is worse than when Bird was all like "I know I have McHale and Parish and Johnson but I need Walton too." Like.. really? I know the Lakers have Magic and Kareem, and Worthy, and Cooper, and Green, and Scott, but can't you do this on your own.

It's like its a team sport or something.

bleedprple&gold
02-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Why sign with the Cavs? He will just ride the pine like Mozgov did last year.

ManRam
03-01-2017, 11:28 AM
I don't get any other answer besides the Cavs. Maybe the Celtics. But he did the right thing.

The Cavs do not have a big on their bench. Thompson is really the only guy on the roster who can operate like a big man (rebound, defend in the post, block shots, etc.). There's no one else. Love can bang a little offensively, but he's not a plus defensive big man. Frye is a perimeter 4. And that's it. Bogut is the only true center on this roster now, and while he won't get a ton of minutes, he might get important ones. And, in the end, no one (besides his old team, maybe) provides a better shot at winning than the Cavs. It's a perfect fit for all parties. He addresses a need for a very great team.

It's the same exact thing as Deron. The Cavs needed a guy who can create off the bench, and they got it. He's gonna sacrifice a ton of minutes, but he's filling a very important role.