PDA

View Full Version : The Official Lonzo Ball Thread

FlashBolt
02-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Don't have the links yet but got an update on BleacherReport.

More-Than-Most
02-25-2017, 09:59 PM
Lol it wont matter and this is a non issue... he will get drafted and he will play for whomever... This isnt the 90s.... there is to much money for a guy to refuse to play.

FlashBolt
02-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Lol it wont matter and this is a non issue... he will get drafted and he will play for whomever... This isnt the 90s.... there is to much money for a guy to refuse to play.

Doesn't change the fact that he's still trying.

warfelg
02-25-2017, 10:05 PM
His dad needs to shut the hell up.

warfelg
02-25-2017, 10:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5jkxzyVUAA8Bb1.jpg

Proof of the statement from a friends phone.

C-ross12
02-25-2017, 10:15 PM
Lavar Ball needs to figure out a way to get his two sons more then 65+ shots a game. They should be shooting more.

lakerfan85
02-25-2017, 10:22 PM
I guess it won't really matter once the Lakers get the number 1 pick.. :D

KobeOwnSU
02-25-2017, 10:24 PM
#Bomb4Ball!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KG2TB
02-25-2017, 10:30 PM

And they select Fultz...

LOb0
02-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Lol good luck with that.

NYKNYGNYY
02-25-2017, 10:56 PM
My god, the arrogance.

shep33
02-25-2017, 11:01 PM
Hilarious if we get the #1 pick and pick Fultz

warfelg
02-25-2017, 11:05 PM
It's gonna be great when they end up at 4 and the Sixers have 1 and 4.

lakerfan85
02-25-2017, 11:08 PM
It's gonna be great when they end up at 4 and the Sixers have 1 and 4 in 2018.

Fixed..

Scoots
02-25-2017, 11:16 PM
And they select Fultz...

That would be so damn funny. Of course Ball could hold out and force the move ... or just go play somewhere else until whoever drafts him gives up or their rights expire. He could probably make more money playing overseas for the first few years anyhow.

But in reality it's probably just more meaningless bloviating by an asshat big mouthed Dad.

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2017, 11:49 PM
His dad is annoying and needs to STFU already.

Already made one ignorant statement claiming his son is better than Curry.

tredigs
02-26-2017, 12:17 AM
The embarrassment/reality check Curry unleashes on him next season will be that of meme legend.

More-Than-Most
02-26-2017, 01:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w_-Wfwp5Q

I am not seeing the hype... his shot might be the worst i have ever seen from a Guard... Like ever... I just do not see what others see... Do you guys think he is the next coming of greatness or is there other players in this draft you'd rather have if your team was in the lottery? I am not sure id want him in my top 6 in all honesty... I just dont see it.

Personally without even a second thought id have fultz/monk/jackson well above him

IndyRealist
02-26-2017, 01:59 AM
That would be so damn funny. Of course Ball could hold out and force the move ... or just go play somewhere else until whoever drafts him gives up or their rights expire. He could probably make more money playing overseas for the first few years anyhow.

But in reality it's probably just more meaningless bloviating by an asshat big mouthed Dad.

I think the days are over of Euroleague teams being willing to pay decent money for rentals on NBA prospects. Euro teams don't want to take the time to develop teenagers with no fundamentals who are just planning on leaving anyway, so the kid ends up learning squat and not contributing. They have a whole U19 farm system for developing kids. Kobe's main leverage was that he used to live in Italy and spoke Italian, so it wouldn't be much of an adjustment for him to play there. Brandon Jennings was miserable. Has Ball even been out of the country?

thephoenixson28
02-26-2017, 02:55 AM
Yeah I don't like him either. Reminds me a lot like Kevin Martin.

mikekhelxD
02-26-2017, 03:02 AM
Not because your form is unorthodox, that doesnt mean you're ineffective. Look at Marion for god sakes. Saying that, id take Faultz ahead of him.

Mr.B
02-26-2017, 04:02 AM
His dad needs to shut the hell up.

Exactly. All this idiot is doing is hurting his son's draft stock. He just announced to the whole league that he's going to be a pain in the *** for whoever drafts his kid (especially the Lakers).

Heediot
02-26-2017, 06:15 AM
He has a great bball iq and feel for the game to be a solid starter at worse. I'd take Fultz though. I could work with Ball and wouldn't complain. But Dunn, Mudiay, Payton and Rubio (to a certain degree) should be a warning sign fr PGs who can't shoot.

mike_noodles
02-26-2017, 07:46 AM
I would love the league to say okay, tough ****. Sit out two years. We'll talk soon *******.

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 08:33 AM
His dad recently comped him to curry and his dad said he will only play for the Lakers.

States away. Would be on my do not draft list unless he falls massively. Seems like a boogie all over. Can't get a long with teammates and has no chemistry on the court.

ManningToTyree
02-26-2017, 08:35 AM
His dad is annoying and needs to STFU already.

Already made one ignorant statement claiming his son is better than Curry.
This.

He's not helping the kid he's going to have enough pressure on him as a top 3 selection without his dad constantly flapping his gums.

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 09:27 AM
figured this could be an interesting topic to get peoples oppinions on. And I'm not even trolling

Lonzo Ball's father, LaVar Ball, firmly believes that his son is a better player than two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, he tells ESPN.

I have the upmost confidence in what my boy is doing, LaVar said. Im going to tell you right now, hes better than Stephen Curry to me. Put Steph Curry on UCLAs team right now and put my boy on Golden State and watch what happens"

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/19/lonzo-ball-father-better-stephen-curry

mightybosstone
02-26-2017, 09:46 AM
I haven't watched any college basketball this year, so I have no clue who this kid is. But i don't care if he's averaging 40 points a game in college. The likelihood of him being better than Curry, who will go down as at least a top 25 all-time NBA player, is insanely low.

ewing
02-26-2017, 09:51 AM
This is not an interesting topic.

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Who the hell knows if he will be better.

But his dumb *** dad said he is better than Curry right now and that is a big no.

ewing
02-26-2017, 09:56 AM
I've only watch a couple of games but both his handle and J look pretty weak to me.

Green_Monster
02-26-2017, 10:13 AM
LaVar Ball should shut the **** up.

Fact or fiction?

Scoots
02-26-2017, 10:14 AM
This is the third active thread for him ... the hype is everywhere.

Scoots
02-26-2017, 10:22 AM
I think the days are over of Euroleague teams being willing to pay decent money for rentals on NBA prospects. Euro teams don't want to take the time to develop teenagers with no fundamentals who are just planning on leaving anyway, so the kid ends up learning squat and not contributing. They have a whole U19 farm system for developing kids. Kobe's main leverage was that he used to live in Italy and spoke Italian, so it wouldn't be much of an adjustment for him to play there. Brandon Jennings was miserable. Has Ball even been out of the country?

I did say "But in reality it's probably just more meaningless bloviating by an asshat big mouthed Dad." because I figured it was all BS. At this point having his Dad around is probably negatively effecting his draft stock more than a claim that he will only play for the Lakers.

Jamiecballer
02-26-2017, 10:26 AM
He sounds like a perfect fit for the lakers

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
02-26-2017, 10:31 AM
I honestly dont like his game at all... He has sure a bust feel to him... Could he be great? sure... I probably wouldnt pick him until like 8-10 if i had the chance.

Jamiecballer
02-26-2017, 10:31 AM
His speed looks quite pedestrian to me?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

ewing
02-26-2017, 10:32 AM
fantastic passer, great feel, not much of J and i think he has to tighten up his handle for the NBA.

GiantsSwaGG
02-26-2017, 10:51 AM
He looks like a fake *** Drake

valade16
02-26-2017, 11:11 AM
Now that the NBA knows this, they will ensure LA has a top 3 pick so they can select him.

shep33
02-26-2017, 11:12 AM
I like him. Wasn't too high on him early on, but the more I've watched the more impressive he has been. Shot looks weird but he hits over 40% of his threes. At 6'6 and with his athletic ability, he can be an elite defender. Best court vision I have seen out of a college kid in a while.

Finally, I feel bad for him. His dad is saying some terrible things and is only going to put more pressure on his kid.

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2017, 11:52 AM
LaVar Ball should shut the **** up.

Fact or fiction?

FACT!

l

Vee-Rex
02-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Stephen Curry will be light years ahead of LaMelo Ball, who will be better than Lonzo.

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 11:59 AM
FACT!

l

It creates a storyline that he has to live up to in the future. All because of his dad. So if he doesn't surpass Curry, he failed his dad by failing to meet his expectations.

KingPosey
02-26-2017, 12:01 PM
Yeah I don't like him either. Reminds me a lot like Kevin Martin.

EXACTLY what I thought. He gets off a little slower than kmart though, but he's still pretty quick. It's hardly something that would destroy any chance to be a good player in my opinion.

ManRam
02-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Of course he's going to be better than a 2 time MVP who also happens to be the greatest shooter ever.

People need to ignore LaVar Ball. The kids themselves, especially Lonzo, all seem like nice kids who don't seem to be nearly as outspoken and obnoxious as their father. This isn't anything worth discussing.

tp13baby
02-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Lonzo is supposed to be the worst out of his brothers, so when his brothers hit NBA time what dumb **** is going to come out his mouth then?

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Stephen Curry will be light years ahead of LaMelo Ball, who will be better than Lonzo.

I can not stand LaMelo. Everyone got so hyped over that 92 point game. I don't even know how many times he crossed half court to get back on defense.

TheDish87
02-26-2017, 01:28 PM
this is not an interesting topic in the least. what parent doesnt think their kid is a star?

IndyRealist
02-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Do we need 3 threads on Lonzo ball when they are all essentially about this same statement?

HandsOnTheWheel
02-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Yes

LA4life24/8
02-26-2017, 02:51 PM
I like him. Wasn't too high on him early on, but the more I've watched the more impressive he has been. Shot looks weird but he hits over 40% of his threes. At 6'6 and with his athletic ability, he can be an elite defender. Best court vision I have seen out of a college kid in a while.

Finally, I feel bad for him. His dad is saying some terrible things and is only going to put more pressure on his kid.

Yeah i feel like a lot of people on here havent watched him play much. The dude can ball. His shot is ugly but wet af from 3. Honestly his awkward body movements remind me a lot of jkidd/magic. The dude has incredible court vision and iq. Im not saying he will be anywhere near as good as those 2 guys cuz know one can know that, but it just seems he knows the game because as awkward as it looks it ****in works.

LA4life24/8
02-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Have you guys ever heard lonzo talk? He isnt an arrogant *** like his dad, the kid himself is actually pretty humble. He just wants to play ball, he loves that **** lol. He will play for whoever drafts and he wont be a menace. I do think he will def play for the lakers at some point in his career regardless of where he is drafted though.

Giannis94
02-26-2017, 03:04 PM
We have contniual Lebron threads up about the same **** and they never get merged.

Scoots
02-26-2017, 03:53 PM
We have contniual Lebron threads up about the same **** and they never get merged.

Yes. They get merged.

Scoots
02-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah i feel like a lot of people on here havent watched him play much. The dude can ball. His shot is ugly but wet af from 3. Honestly his awkward body movements remind me a lot of jkidd/magic. The dude has incredible court vision and iq. Im not saying he will be anywhere near as good as those 2 guys cuz know one can know that, but it just seems he knows the game because as awkward as it looks it ****in works.

I've seen him play and he's fun to watch and very talented for sure. In the interviews he seems like a good kid too. Tim Hardaway shot a palm ball but did it good enough to be a hall of fame finalist.

JKidd is a decent comparison, though Kidd was MUCH stronger, faster, and a better passer ... Ball is close though and that's pretty good for a college freshman.

cmellofan15
02-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Comparing him to Lebron already...you almost sound like his dad

One Nut Kruk
02-26-2017, 05:13 PM
this is not an interesting topic in the least. what parent doesnt think their kid is a star?

This isn't a matter of him thinking his kid is a star, it's a matter of the idiot having diarrhea of the mouth.

Scoots
02-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Comparing him to Lebron already...you almost sound like his dad

Who compared him to LeBron as a player?

IndyRealist
02-26-2017, 06:18 PM

He shoots across his body, meaning his release point is several inches lower than it should be. He's going to get swatted a LOT.

warfelg
02-26-2017, 06:54 PM
He shoots across his body, meaning his release point is several inches lower than it should be. He's going to get swatted a LOT.

And the only way he creates space is to take a stepback.

Bostonjorge
02-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Lonzo Ball can play and is he's the reason his brothers are even known right now. Lonzo left Chino high school with a 2 year undefeated streak and his 2 young brothers broke that streak and loss. All 3 brothers can shoot and that's what they are known for. What makes Lonzo special is his athleticism and passing ability. He also has UCLA ranked 5th in the nation.

In the original video posted about Lonzo, he led his team past #4 Arizona and most likely a #1 seed in march. Hes playing winning basketball. March will tell if he goes #1-3.

And of course he's not Curry.

Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles from Duke will be great steals in this draft.

tp13baby
02-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Lonzo Ball can play and is he's the reason his brothers are even known right now. Lonzo left Chino high school with a 2 year undefeated streak and his 2 young brothers broke that streak and loss. All 3 brothers can shoot and that's what they are known for. What makes Lonzo special is his athleticism and passing ability. He also has UCLA ranked 5th in the nation.

In the original video posted about Lonzo, he led his team past #4 Arizona and most likely a #1 seed in march. Hes playing winning basketball. March will tell if he goes #1-3.

And of course he's not Curry.

Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles from Duke will be great steals in this draft.

They have to win the Pac12 tourney to be a number 1 seed. I love his game, he will never be a top scoring pg in my opinion. 17-18 ppg but will be one of the best floor generals in the league. He has so much of J Kidd in him.

I disagree about Tatum. He is Melo. Not real athletic, and doesn't really help his team. Puts up great stats but he got put on the bench to spark the bench. He gets his stats though.

Giles is more of a project, but if he returns to form before his injury 3 years down the line he will be a stud in the front court.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2017, 01:49 PM
damn his shot looks like Kevin Martin (that is not a compliment).

I keep hearing Jason Kidd type references. Whatever. Until a kid proves it in the NBA, I don't care what he does in college.

Heediot
02-27-2017, 02:34 PM
They have to win the Pac12 tourney to be a number 1 seed. I love his game, he will never be a top scoring pg in my opinion. 17-18 ppg but will be one of the best floor generals in the league. He has so much of J Kidd in him.

I disagree about Tatum. He is Melo. Not real athletic, and doesn't really help his team. Puts up great stats but he got put on the bench to spark the bench. He gets his stats though.

Giles is more of a project, but if he returns to form before his injury 3 years down the line he will be a stud in the front court.

Giles to the Nuggets might be a bad *** front court a few years down the line. He may be available when the Nuggets pick because of his injury riddled season.