PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Winners and Losers?

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Thoughts? My winners include Toronto, the Los Angeles Lakers, and Brooklyn. Losers include Boston, Denver, and Philly.

tp13baby
02-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Toronto, Pelicans, Dallas are winners for me.

Losers are Boston, Chicago, Philly.

Why do you have Denver as a loser?

GoferKing_
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Kings... cuz Vlade and Vivek...

tredigs
02-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Thoughts? My winners include Toronto, the Los Angeles Lakers, and Brooklyn. Losers include Boston, Denver, and Philly.

IMO biggest winner is the Raptors between Ibaka (not deadline but recent) and Tucker. Sure they gave up some picks, but they're late picks, and no players that will hurt them to lose. I don't think Ibaka or Tucker are massive game changers, but they can certainly help them attempt to get to the ECF's, and from there you just hope to get lucky (never know, LBJ could turn an ankle and next thing you know you're in the Finals).

Biggest loser is clearly Sac (vice versa New Orleans). Trading away your franchise piece for a not-so-young prospect in Buddy Hield plus what is looking to potentially become a middle of the road 1st round pick (for an organization with exactly 0 ability to make smart draft picks and/or develop them). Then at the deadline they don't move any of their other players for future assets. Throw in the lies they spewed at the deadline that will certainly hurt them in acquiring marquee players going forward and it boils down to a piss poor job by their management.

Lakers I do think made the right decision. I think the Rockets did alright (Lou makes them even more of a wild card), and Brooklyn may have actually won a trade for a change so that was nice to see. Philly's Noel move definitely did not impress me, nor did their handling of Okafor (who literally said his good-byes to the team, only to be retained).

Overall, other than a couple nice moves by Toronto to actually get better (one of the few borderline contenders to do so) and the DMC trade, a fairly quiet deadline.

Avenged
02-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Losers are the Kings.

Then the Celtics..

Lakers i don't think are winners but definitely not losers. They did what was expected.

AntiG
02-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Celtics are neither winners nor losers in this. In the end they retained the likely #1 overall picks in 2017 and 2018, and are still contenders. They don't really lose anything here.

tredigs
02-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Celtics are neither winners nor losers in this. In the end they retained the likely #1 overall picks in 2017 and 2018, and are still contenders. They don't really lose anything here.

Well, even if Brooklyn ends up with the worst record both seasons, the chances of actually securing the #1 pick are not in their favor. There's a 75% chance they don't get the #1 pick this year, and a 54% chance they don't get a top 2 pick. Personally, I would have loved to see them be aggressive at the deadline and make a run at Cleveland right now. That said, the offers may have just been too steep for Jimmy or PG, etc to make it happen.

But as is, no, I don't consider them true contenders. Certainly not for a title, and realistically they needed to make a splash to beat a healthy Cleveland team.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 04:43 PM

Mmmm..... I mean, New Orleans made a pretty big deal, too. Not sure if you heard about it...

In seriousness, though, clearly the Pelicans were the winners, and I love what Toronto did. This buyout period will be very interesting, too, and I'm curious to see what happens with that. If Houston can land 1-2 quality veterans (including a defensive big), I'll have really loved what they did at this trade deadline.

The obvious losers for me are Sacramento, Philly and Boston. The Kings and Sixers are obvious. But I just really don't understand why Boston is sitting on its assets. You have the chance to add a superstar player without giving up one of your superstar players, then you should do it.

tp13baby
02-23-2017, 04:44 PM

They probably could of acquired Gallo at a fairly low cost in my opinion and thats why i said them.

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Okafor is still a Sixer.

Losers: Philly

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 04:46 PM
You realize the team with the worst record has only a 25 percent of getting the top pick, right? That's not remotely "likely." I don't know the math off the top of my head, but I actually think they're almost as likely to end up picking 4th as they are to get any of the first, second or third picks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-23-2017, 04:46 PM
20 days ago Bucks traded Plumlee. That was our godfather trade this season. But yeah Hibbert for top 55 second round pick was meh. But makes it a $5M TPE that lasts a year.

aman_13
02-23-2017, 04:47 PM

Yeah if I'm a Celtics fan, I'd be content with what we have going forward. A high draft pick and plenty of cap room to upgrade in the off season.

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 04:48 PM
i cant call the Sixers losers despite not like either deal. We still have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, SAC pick swap, SAC unprotected 2019 pick and LAL top 3 protected this year/unprotected in 18 to go along with tons of cap space. But i cant fault anyone for having us as losers today.

kingkenny01
02-23-2017, 04:49 PM
The cavs if they get deron Williams and Andrew bogut

tredigs
02-23-2017, 05:00 PM
You realize the team with the worst record has only a 25 percent of getting the top pick, right? That's not remotely "likely." I don't know the math off the top of my head, but I actually think they're almost as likely to end up picking 4th as they are to get any of the first, second or third picks.

Most likely of any of the picks is #4 for the fact that it's 36% (for the worst team in the league), and 3 or 4 has the highest probability between 1/2 or 3/4. And with no generational player in the draft that I can see, I definitely would have looked to unload it. I mean having that pick as bait when you're near contender status is a gift from the Gods, and they're not going to use it. Their pick could be a bust, or could take years to develop (at which case they may no longer be a contender). Gotta strike when the iron's hot.

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Yep, forgot about the Kings because of Vlade Divac's stupidity. Not to mention Ranadive is infatuated with Buddy Hield. Who thinks Buddy = Steph lol? Not me.

Ariza's Better
02-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Winners: Pelicans, Raptors and Dallas

Losers: Bulls, 76ers, Kings and Knicks.

The biggest loser overall is Buddy Hield. Poor kid is going to be treated like a joke unless he turns into Steph Curry.

Forever35
02-23-2017, 05:07 PM
How are the C's losers...???

They're a playoff team with another chance at a top 4 pick in the draft...

IMO, besides the Pelicans the Wiz are winners... Bogdanovic is a very nice scoring addition for them...

Losers are the 76ers...

hugepatsfan
02-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Most likely of any of the picks is #4 for the fact that it's 36% (for the worst team in the league), and 3 or 4 has the highest probability between 1/2 or 3/4. And with no generational player in the draft that I can see, I definitely would have looked to unload it. I mean having that pick as bait when you're near contender status is a gift from the Gods, and they're not going to use it. Their pick could be a bust, or could take years to develop (at which case they may no longer be a contender). Gotta strike when the iron's hot.

They're not really near contender status though. Huge gap between them and CLE and then monumental gap between them and GS. They're pretty close in terms of just throwing teams on a rankings list, but once you really examine the gap between those rankings we're a ways off. Let's say we got Paul George. We still would be easily the underdog vs. a healthy CLE team and hugely outmatched on paper vs. GS.

BOS isn't one player away from actually contending. We're more like 2. In order to realistically win a title we probably need to to add a #1 and #2 guy that push IT/Horford to #3/4, without losing too much of our depth. That's the type of gap between the top 1/2 teams and the rest of the NBA we have with guys all teaming up now. So why should BOS sell its soul to just get closer? Yeah if there are some injuries or a fluke year maybe you win but that's what they should gamble their future on? Realistically, the best and probably only path BOS has to a title is that they hit on at least 2, maybe even all 3 of their BRK picks (that includes Jaylen who's still developing) and then they can add to that core in FA. The group of guys they have now won't win them a title and even a Paul George trade wouldn't change that.

And don't get it twisted... the chances of those BRK picks panning out are very, very low. But thats the reality of trying to win in the NBA. It's insanely difficult and you have very low odds.

Heediot
02-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Losers Clippers, Knicks, Boston

Winners Pelicans, Raptors

Clippers should have found a way to get Melo with all the leverage in the world. Knicks lose, because Melo is holding them back, at least they are trying to get rid of him.

Boston, should of ponied up that draft pick for PG. If you are confident in your organization, you would feel good about him re-signing regardless of his consent. On draft day Ainge held back on a Butler trade and now on a PG trade, sometimes trying to fleece the others guys will come back and bite you.

D Blue987
02-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Losers are the Kings.

Then the Celtics..

Lakers i don't think are winners but definitely not losers. They did what was expected.

Solidifying the tank makes them winners. Biggest loser has to be Philly. They just essentially dumped Noel for a bag of beans. This is the consequence they are going to face with Okafor as well. They haven't been able to showcase any of their bigmen to convince teams they are worth decent trades since they don't give these guys enough minutes. At least this was definitely the case with Noel. He was playing backup to a rookie (technically) this season. lol.

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Losers:

Bulls
Sixers
Celtics
Suns

tredigs
02-23-2017, 05:24 PM
They're not really near contender status though. Huge gap between them and CLE and then monumental gap between them and GS. They're pretty close in terms of just throwing teams on a rankings list, but once you really examine the gap between those rankings we're a ways off. Let's say we got Paul George. We still would be easily the underdog vs. a healthy CLE team and hugely outmatched on paper vs. GS.

BOS isn't one player away from actually contending. We're more like 2. In order to realistically win a title we probably need to to add a #1 and #2 guy that push IT/Horford to #3/4, without losing too much of our depth. That's the type of gap between the top 1/2 teams and the rest of the NBA we have with guys all teaming up now. So why should BOS sell its soul to just get closer? Yeah if there are some injuries or a fluke year maybe you win but that's what they should gamble their future on? Realistically, the best and probably only path BOS has to a title is that they hit on at least 2, maybe even all 3 of their BRK picks (that includes Jaylen who's still developing) and then they can add to that core in FA. The group of guys they have now won't win them a title and even a Paul George trade wouldn't change that.

And don't get it twisted... the chances of those BRK picks panning out are very, very low. But thats the reality of trying to win in the NBA. It's insanely difficult and you have very low odds.
I disagree. I think if they traded a guy like Smart + the 2017 Brooklyn pick to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler (just a theoretical here), they are very much a challenge to beat the Cavs (who are certainly not unbeatable, especially with elite guard/wing defense) with IT/Bradley/Butler/Johnson/Horford and Crowder off the bench. It's not possible to beat the Warriors squad on paper, but why not dump one of these gifts that you have for a marquee player? You STILL have the 2018 Brooklyn pick which has a very, very good chance of being top 4. If I'm a top 6 team in the NBA and have this golden ticket (multiple of them) to become a top 3 team, you take that every time imo. Or, you sit and wait and hope. I guess that's what they're doing.

D Blue987
02-23-2017, 05:24 PM
How are the C's losers...???

They're a playoff team with another chance at a top 4 pick in the draft...

IMO, besides the Pelicans the Wiz are winners... Bogdanovic is a very nice scoring addition for them...

Losers are the 76ers...

They are one star away from likely dethroning Cle. in the east. Could they still do it this season? Yes, but another star would have put them over the top in most peoples minds. Now the media and fans will look back on the deadline if they lose this season to Cle. in the playoffs and be reminded they could have pulled off a big trade to push them over the top.

JOSKOMANG4
02-23-2017, 05:32 PM
celtics are the clear winners ONLY IF they sign Andrew Bogut after the buyout. Though i could see Bogut signing with GSW for that playoff run.

As for Paul George; if the Lakers get into the top-3 of the draft, that pick will be traded to Indy for Paul George

Vee-Rex
02-23-2017, 05:37 PM

The thing is, if you have an opportunity to acquire a player of the caliber that Butler/George are, you don't pass on it. I agree that it'll likely take more than just Butler or George to win it all, but that's the first step. Generally you don't get rich by becoming a millionaire overnight - you take giant steps whenever possible. But if you pass on those giant steps you're not gonna be anything more than a treadmill team.

Even if they gave up Crowder + Smart + 2017 BRK pick for Butler, they'd still have TONS of assets left to trade and/or add on to their team in the offseason. A trade for Butler would at least build some chemistry + give Stevens an idea of how to best play Butler with certain lineups and possibly matchup/rotations in the playoffs vs. the Cavs.

I see it as a missed opportunity.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 05:38 PM
76ers are far and away the biggest losers the next biggest being the Kings... Both of the teams I follow.. Depressing deadline for me.

Aust
02-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Dallas big winners. Sac and Philly not so much.

How about Orlando? What are they doing?

LOb0
02-23-2017, 05:41 PM
The thing is, if you have an opportunity to acquire a player of the caliber that Butler/George are, you don't pass on it. I agree that it'll likely take more than just Butler or George to win it all, but that's the first step. Generally you don't get rich by becoming a millionaire overnight - you take giant steps whenever possible. But if you pass on those giant steps you're not gonna be anything more than a treadmill team.

Even if they gave up Crowder + Smart + 2017 BRK pick for Butler, they'd still have TONS of assets left to trade and/or add on to their team in the offseason. A trade for Butler would at least build some chemistry + give Stevens an idea of how to best play Butler with certain lineups and possibly matchup/rotations in the playoffs vs. the Cavs.

I see it as a missed opportunity.

We might just grab another FA in the off season and still have the pick to trade. Celtics have the highest chance of getting the 1st pick, they're far from losers.

R. Johnson#3
02-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Winners: Raps and Hornets
Losers: Kings and Bulls

Green_Monster
02-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Well, even if Brooklyn ends up with the worst record both seasons, the chances of actually securing the #1 pick are not in their favor. There's a 75% chance they don't get the #1 pick this year, and a 54% chance they don't get a top 2 pick. Personally, I would have loved to see them be aggressive at the deadline and make a run at Cleveland right now. That said, the offers may have just been too steep for Jimmy or PG, etc to make it happen.

But as is, no, I don't consider them true contenders. Certainly not for a title, and realistically they needed to make a splash to beat a healthy Cleveland team.

Pacers reportedly wanted the '17 Nets 1st, and three of Bradley/Crowder/Brown/Smart. I'm not even sure we'd be better this year if we did that, let alone the future. That's possibly 3 of Boston's top 5 players. It would've been idiotic to accept it.

Calling them losers for not making a dumb trade doesn't make sense.

Vee-Rex
02-23-2017, 05:55 PM
We might just grab another FA in the off season and still have the pick to trade. Celtics have the highest chance of getting the 1st pick, they're far from losers.

Maybe, maybe not.

Gar is so stupid I think he could've been talked into a trade for Butler since the main two pieces he wanted were Crowder and the BRK pick. Ainge is just stubborn - so is Bird.

tredigs
02-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Pacers reportedly wanted the '17 Nets 1st, and three of Bradley/Crowder/Brown/Smart. I'm not even sure we'd be better this year if we did that, let alone the future. That's possibly 3 of Boston's top 5 players. It would've been idiotic to accept it.

I saw/commented on that as well, and already said that would be a clearly foolish move. That just means PG wasn't actually on the market (if in fact true). I do NOT think Butler was commanding anything close to that though, and you never know what other possibilities were out there. I just think they had an amazing chance to capitalize, and they dropped the ball. Are they worse off? Of course not, they just did not improve at a time that IMO was pivotal for their franchise.

LA4life24/8
02-23-2017, 06:17 PM
Winners: pelicans raps----> mavericks
Losers:knicks, clips, philly

Tbd (after buyouts such): cleveland, Boston

smith&wesson
02-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Obviously the Kings were the biggest losers.. that hang over is gonna linger for a while.

The Bulls made a panic move. They obviously could have got more for Gibson and McDermott. They just gutted their bench, not sure why they chose to keep wade. Should have probably shopped him and rondo if they want to reset.

Those are the only real losers that stand out. No one else impacted their roster as negatively as these two. I guess you can say the Magic were losers to for giving up so much to get Ibaka and not getting half the assets back in trading him half a season later.

Winners have to be the Pelicans, Thunder, and Raptors for obvious reasons.

smith&wesson
02-23-2017, 06:26 PM
I dont see how the Celtics are losers.. they could have a franchise player on a rookie contract next year.. the fact that they have the Nets pick automatically makes them winners lol. It's the trade that keeps on giving lol.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 06:36 PM
I dont see how the Celtics are losers.. they could have a franchise player on a rookie contract next year.. the fact that they have the Nets pick automatically makes them winners lol. It's the trade that keeps on giving lol.

Because when you already have one of the 5-6 best records in the league, adding a rookie—as talented as he might be—doesn't really make a ton of sense. You know what does make sense? Adding one of the league's best players, which Boston could have done with Butler or George.

Granted, there will be other opportunities for them to deal the pick before the draft, but with Cleveland banged up right now, this might have been the best window Boston had to take down the Cavs.

mike_noodles
02-23-2017, 06:44 PM
I think Boston is a winner today. Smart move holding on to the Nets pick. George and Butler can both be had in the summer anyway.

aman_13
02-23-2017, 07:03 PM
I think Boston is a winner today. Smart move holding on to the Nets pick. George and Butler can both be had in the summer anyway.

PG wants to be a Laker. I don't think the Celtics are going to trade their pick so I doubt Butler is possible.

aman_13
02-23-2017, 07:04 PM

Yeah they are not losers. Young team that will get significantly better in the off season.

Vee-Rex
02-23-2017, 07:09 PM
I love Dallas. They have been looking out for the Cavs ever since they beat evil LeBron in the finals.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/kVjFlZLNf5XwQ4tdgY3svg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9MjIwO2g9MzUwO2lsPX BsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/YahooSports/1306972814.jpg

Multiple teams seem to believe Deron has already decided to join the Cavs if he clears waivers, and Bogut doesn't really have any many options but the Cavs if he wants to play for a contender. He didn't want to play for D'Antoni this past summer and the Spurs's bigs are so clogged that he probably wouldn't get too many minutes there.

Green_Monster
02-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Because when you already have one of the 5-6 best records in the league, adding a rookie—as talented as he might be—doesn't really make a ton of sense. You know what does make sense? Adding one of the league's best players, which Boston could have done with Butler or George.

Granted, there will be other opportunities for them to deal the pick before the draft, but with Cleveland banged up right now, this might have been the best window Boston had to take down the Cavs.

They wouldn't have gotten better. If they did, it would be marginal. The Pacers wanted three of their top five players (or two and Brown).

aman_13
02-23-2017, 07:13 PM
And you give up all those assets with the risk of PG walking.

PhillyFaninLA
02-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Okafor is still a Sixer.

Losers: Philly

If Brown turns Justin Anderson into a Covington player with a little more ability to drive the lane will you still think its a loss.

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Smart is top 5?

albertajaysfan
02-23-2017, 08:06 PM

I completely agree with you. Another aspect that is important is to look at Ainge's past. To me they seem poised to have a repeat of the offseason in which they landed Allen and Garnett. Biggest difference this team isn't a dumpster fire like the last time around.

I think the most important part to consider when looking at giving up so many players is that it is less likely to happen in season. Rebuilding the back end of a roster midseason is near impossible. In the offseason totally different scenario.

As a Raptors fan I really hope Ainge isn't successful in his attempts but I got to give him credit for the position he has been able to put the Celtics in. If the Celtics can retain Horford, Crowder and IT while adding two level players (which isn't far fetched at all) they have an insane amount of players already under team control that could fill out the rest of the bench. Never mind the act that veterans who are ring chasing will suddenly find them appealing.

For these reasons I believe the Celtics were simply just in the middle this trade deadline. Now if all they end up doing is using the two Nets' picks they have coming over the years then I will consider this a missed opportunity. At this point in time based on what is being leaked as the cost for acquiring George, I actually think they did the right thing.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 09:07 PM

I would have done Crowder, Brown, Smart and a 1st in a heartbeat. Crowder is a quality role player and an above average starter, but that's essentially all the guy is ever going to be. And Smart and Brown may be young, but they've yet to show they're capable of anything special, and if they are, that could take years to develop.

If what you're saying is true, then Boston could have kept their three best players (IT, Horford and Bradley) and added a top 15-20 guy in return. Thomas, Bradley, George, Johnson and Horford is a hell of a start. Throw in a couple of veteran signings after buyouts, and that team might have a case as the best roster in the Eastern Conference.

ewing
02-23-2017, 09:19 PM
Knicks definitely won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOb0
02-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Smart is top 5?

I wouldn't have traded Smart in any of these deals. He's really good.

Green_Monster
02-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Smart is top 5?

Yeah, he's the sixth man and he's better than Amir.

His box score won't tell you that though. Stevens loves him even though his stats aren't very impressive. He impacts the game in ways that can't be counted.

Green_Monster
02-23-2017, 11:17 PM
I would have done Crowder, Brown, Smart and a 1st in a heartbeat. Crowder is a quality role player and an above average starter, but that's essentially all the guy is ever going to be. And Smart and Brown may be young, but they've yet to show they're capable of anything special, and if they are, that could take years to develop.

See, I think you fall under the category of people who don't know enough about the Celtics players. They are second in the East, have a 37-20 record, and have had incredible injury struggles. You don't have that record with a bunch of "role players" like everyone likes to label their whole roster.

Crowder is a great defender who's been one of the most efficient players in the NBA this year. Smart plays above his box score. You won't notice that until you watch him. The Celtics realize his value. Brown is young but he has potential. You don't trade him for less than he's worth just because he's "years away".

If what you're saying is true, then Boston could have kept their three best players (IT, Horford and Bradley) and added a top 15-20 guy in return. Thomas, Bradley, George, Johnson and Horford is a hell of a start. Throw in a couple of veteran signings after buyouts, and that team might have a case as the best roster in the Eastern Conference.

They'd have bad depth. George for Crowder/Smart/Brown is a small upgrade at best when you consider who takes those minutes. I am thrilled Danny didn't make this trade and everyone in Celtics nation should be. He didn't crack under pressure and make an idiotic trade. Hallelujah.

Pfeifer
02-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Such a smart move not making that trade. Stay the course and pounce when you have a chance. The draft will be interesting.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
See, I think you fall under the category of people who don't know enough about the Celtics players. They are second in the East, have a 37-20 record, and have had incredible injury struggles. You don't have that record with a bunch of "role players" like everyone likes to label their whole roster.

Crowder is a great defender who's been one of the most efficient players in the NBA this year. Smart plays above his box score. You won't notice that until you watch him. The Celtics realize his value. Brown is young but he has potential. You don't trade him for less than he's worth just because he's "years away".

They'd have bad depth. George for Crowder/Smart/Brown is a small upgrade at best when you consider who takes those minutes. I am thrilled Danny didn't make this trade and everyone in Celtics nation should be. He didn't crack under pressure and make an idiotic trade. Hallelujah.

OK. You say that now, but whey they fail to get to the Finals, won't it be a moot point? You can stand pat if you want to, but if you know that what you have isn't good enough to win a title, what the hell is the point? Depth is overrated in the postseason. And it's something you gain over time. But you know what you can't just gain over time? A superstar.

Green_Monster
02-23-2017, 11:29 PM
OK. You say that now, but whey they fail to get to the Finals, won't it be a moot point? You can stand pat if you want to, but if you know that what you have isn't good enough to win a title, what the hell is the point? Depth is overrated in the postseason. And it's something you gain over time. But you know what you can't just gain over time? A superstar.

They wouldn't beat CLE/GS if they made that trade anyway. Like I said, they would be marginally better.

They do need a super star, but it needs to be the right deal. There's no reason to make a bad trade just to say you have a super star.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 11:41 PM
They wouldn't beat CLE/GS if they made that trade anyway. Like I said, they would be marginally better.

They do need a super star, but it needs to be the right deal. There's no reason to make a bad trade just to say you have a super star.

But why is that a bad trade? I agree that Crowder is a very good player and someone they would miss. But neither Smart or Brown are above average basketball players right now by any stretch of the imagination. And we don't exactly have a small sample size on Smart. The dude has played almost three full seasons, and I can't envision him making a huge leap from the guy we've seen thus far. The guy's a very good defensive point guard and a pretty good creator, but he's an unbelievably inefficient offensive player who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a basketball if he was standing right next to it. You could get a better in the buyout period than Smart.

The two quality assets Boston would be giving up in the trade, one of them can't help them at all this season and probably won't for another year or two. And the other would actually be an upgrade. The other two players getting dealt are essentially below average basketball players with questionable potential. They could amount to something or they could amount to nothing. But I can pretty much guarantee you that neither will amount to an athlete as talented as George or Butler.

I could understand if Indiana or Chicago had demanded the pick, Crowder AND Bradley. But I'd give up Smart and Brown in a heartbeat.

Kyben36
02-23-2017, 11:44 PM

I know I'm not the only one, but you guys need a reality check that your getting the #1, you only have 25% odds even with the best odds, that's 75% not. its likely a top 5 this year ( I'm factoring in some weird nets run) and likely top 7 next year ( who knows what happens)

this hole idea your getting two number 1 prospects like I keep hearing is fictional and your setting yourself up for disappointment. not to say as a bulls fan I would not like them, but I swear, some of you act like your getting MJ and Lebron james in back to back drafts guaranteed.

FWI about the thread, Bulls are loosers, not sure how you trade the two best players, and need to include a 2nd to get it done. I also hate the fact that their direction is really confusing, I'm not sure if their plan is to tank, and get a higher pick ( which would make sense bassed on trading your only starting pf. and only decent shooter) But at the same time, they act like they want to be a FA player, But how many good players want to go to bad teams. just lost.

Kyben36
02-23-2017, 11:51 PM
Obviously the Kings were the biggest losers.. that hang over is gonna linger for a while.

The Bulls made a panic move. They obviously could have got more for Gibson and McDermott. They just gutted their bench, not sure why they chose to keep wade. Should have probably shopped him and rondo if they want to reset.

Those are the only real losers that stand out. No one else impacted their roster as negatively as these two. I guess you can say the Magic were losers to for giving up so much to get Ibaka and not getting half the assets back in trading him half a season later.

Winners have to be the Pelicans, Thunder, and Raptors for obvious reasons.

to clarify from the bulls perspective, Yes, we could have gotten more for Gibson, likely more for McDermott to, (I'm actually totally baffled why the worst 3pt shooting team trades their only 3pt shooter) But my guese is the bulls wanted a first for taj, but the only way they were getting a pick back was by taking on cap next year, and this team is diusional in thinking players will want to come play on a bad team, so any trade for assets was declined, that why we ended up thowing in the 2nd in our awful trade, to make sure we did not take on cap moving forward.

the same thing applies to many of the bulls, Niko was not traded for the same reason likely, and Rondo has a nice buyout option that we will keep. all so we can likely overpay some 2nd or 3rd teir FA.

europagnpilgrim
02-24-2017, 12:27 AM

I agree with you on the superstar talk but depth is nowhere near overrated come postseason, just go back and look at the champs in the past 20-30 yrs and they have had quality depth that has come through in the postseason from the 1st rd to the Finals, to me depth is underrated big time when factoring in title runs

I get that a 10 man deep rotation is much more needed/important for a 82 game season but come playoff time coaches usually gear up for a strong 8 man rotation but all players are just a injury away from needing a strong next man up of quality

mightybosstone
02-24-2017, 12:38 AM
I agree with you on the superstar talk but depth is nowhere near overrated come postseason, just go back and look at the champs in the past 20-30 yrs and they have had quality depth that has come through in the postseason from the 1st rd to the Finals, to me depth is underrated big time when factoring in title runs

I get that a 10 man deep rotation is much more needed/important for a 82 game season but come playoff time coaches usually gear up for a strong 8 man rotation but all players are just a injury away from needing a strong next man up of quality
That's kind of my point, though. You don't need 10-11 guys in the playoffs. You just need a strong 8-9 man rotation. And with that trade, they would have had an excellent starting 5 with a couple of solid bench guys. You throw in a couple of veteran additions, and that's a very good basketball team.

In the summer, they could have built on that core of players to get even deeper and really set themselves up to contend nest season. Now, instead, they'll be searching for that other star athlete when he could already be on the roster.

lol, please
02-24-2017, 12:39 AM
IMO biggest winner is the Raptors between Ibaka (not deadline but recent) and Tucker. Sure they gave up some picks, but they're late picks, and no players that will hurt them to lose. I don't think Ibaka or Tucker are massive game changers, but they can certainly help them attempt to get to the ECF's, and from there you just hope to get lucky (never know, LBJ could turn an ankle and next thing you know you're in the Finals).

Biggest loser is clearly Sac (vice versa New Orleans). Trading away your franchise piece for a not-so-young prospect in Buddy Hield plus what is looking to potentially become a middle of the road 1st round pick (for an organization with exactly 0 ability to make smart draft picks and/or develop them). Then at the deadline they don't move any of their other players for future assets. Throw in the lies they spewed at the deadline that will certainly hurt them in acquiring marquee players going forward and it boils down to a piss poor job by their management.

Lakers I do think made the right decision. I think the Rockets did alright (Lou makes them even more of a wild card), and Brooklyn may have actually won a trade for a change so that was nice to see. Philly's Noel move definitely did not impress me, nor did their handling of Okafor (who literally said his good-byes to the team, only to be retained).

Overall, other than a couple nice moves by Toronto to actually get better (one of the few borderline contenders to do so) and the DMC trade, a fairly quiet deadline.

Good post.

You already know i've been high on the Raptors coming into the season, you know I'm fired up about that teams chances now, they are quietly getting better and I think they are about to shock the world, which is unfair to them in a way, considering they were very close to a finals appearance last year.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-24-2017, 01:56 AM
The Celtics seem perfectly content with making it to the ECF this year and losing. Trading for Butler or George messes up their cap space for the summer, and this way they can sign a max guy and trade for one of them in the summer. It also sounded like Chicago wasn't ready to give up on Butler yet, and PG's price was too high for the possibility of him leaving in a year.

Saddletramp
02-24-2017, 03:06 AM
After seeing Lou Williams tonight, I'd throw the Rockets into the "Winners" side.

More-Than-Most
02-24-2017, 03:36 AM
After seeing Lou Williams tonight, I'd throw the Rockets into the "Winners" side.

It makes me sick and sad... The Rockets got better... Harden will further get blown league why... There isnt a player i hate more.

Saddletramp
02-24-2017, 05:03 AM
It makes me sick and sad... The Rockets got better... Harden will further get blown league why... There isnt a player i hate more.

Sorry, bro

Vinylman
02-24-2017, 08:10 AM

pretty much this...

Boston isn't going to win anything this year so the smart thing to do is see if they can fill a need via FA

If they can then they can go all in on that one big piece to get them over the top

no sense in sucking up cap at this point...

Now... if you don't have a team that is clearly the 2nd best team in the east going into next season you should have Ainge's head on a platter.

PAOboston
02-24-2017, 08:51 AM
I don't get how Boston is considered a loser. Because they didn't gut half their rotation and pick stash for a single player (who by the sound of it has his heart on playing in LA)? Calling them losers for not making/forcing an idiotic trade seems silly.

The C' are in year 4 of a rebuild and they are on pace to win close to 50 games. They are not there as "true" contenders right now but that doesn't mean they need to jump the gun. Adding PG13 or Butler doesn't vault them into contender status this year so why blow your assets now? This summer, they have cap space, they still will have at worst a top 4 pick, and you still have your plethora of young, cost controlled players on your roster. They have options to build through all 3 avenues.

I think Ainge is more than content to go this route instead of forcing a trade that isn't right. He has that luxury. I guess making at least a minor move could be seen as disappointing but again, I don't think those guys really move the needle for this season anyways.

As for winners/losers. I liked what the Wizards and Raptors did. Not sure what Chicago did. It didn't make much sense.

Alayla
02-24-2017, 09:01 AM
If Brown turns Justin Anderson into a Covington player with a little more ability to drive the lane will you still think its a loss.

Yes

Teeboy1487
02-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Winners: Pelicans, Raptors, and Rockets

Losers: Queens, Tankers(Sixers), Bulls

mightybosstone
02-24-2017, 09:47 AM
The Celtics seem perfectly content with making it to the ECF this year and losing. Trading for Butler or George messes up their cap space for the summer, and this way they can sign a max guy and trade for one of them in the summer. It also sounded like Chicago wasn't ready to give up on Butler yet, and PG's price was too high for the possibility of him leaving in a year.

Now this is the first post I've read in the thread that makes a good point. I hadn't considered that Boston could feasibly add two max or near max guys. And if that is ultimately Danny's plan, then I can understand it.

If they could add Hayward or Gallo and then turn around and trade for George and Butler, then that's clearly a better basketball team. But I do think it's a gamble. Because you never know how free agency is going to pan out, and Butler and George might not be quite so available a few months from now.

That being said, if Ainge's ultimate goal is to add two more guys, then I'll buy that as legitimate justification for staying pat at the deadline.

koldjerky
02-24-2017, 09:53 AM

You misspelled Lakers.

TheDish87
02-24-2017, 10:13 AM
lol right. the Lakers just traded their best player

Forever35
02-24-2017, 10:16 AM
I know it's conversation, but will these trade deadline winners beat Cle or GS...???

It's like kids sports nowadays... Everybody walks home with a trophy...???

koldjerky
02-24-2017, 10:20 AM
I know it's conversation, but will these trade deadline winners beat Cle or GS...???

It's like kids sports nowadays... Everybody walks home with a trophy...???

Not all trades are about this season...

Green_Monster
02-24-2017, 12:04 PM
But why is that a bad trade? I agree that Crowder is a very good player and someone they would miss. But neither Smart or Brown are above average basketball players right now by any stretch of the imagination. And we don't exactly have a small sample size on Smart. The dude has played almost three full seasons, and I can't envision him making a huge leap from the guy we've seen thus far. The guy's a very good defensive point guard and a pretty good creator, but he's an unbelievably inefficient offensive player who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a basketball if he was standing right next to it. You could get a better in the buyout period than Smart.

The two quality assets Boston would be giving up in the trade, one of them can't help them at all this season and probably won't for another year or two. And the other would actually be an upgrade. The other two players getting dealt are essentially below average basketball players with questionable potential. They could amount to something or they could amount to nothing. But I can pretty much guarantee you that neither will amount to an athlete as talented as George or Butler.

I could understand if Indiana or Chicago had demanded the pick, Crowder AND Bradley. But I'd give up Smart and Brown in a heartbeat.

That's all fair. Agree to disagree on it being a bad trade.

Two top three picks, Crowder, and one of the best defenders in the league (who still hasn't turned 23) is just too much.

Scoots
02-24-2017, 12:08 PM

The Sixers lost but the Mavs didn't win?

mightybosstone
02-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Two top three picks, Crowder, and one of the best defenders in the league (who still hasn't turned 23) is just too much.

Calling Jaylen Brown a top 3 pick is pretty misleading, dude. The guy was a top 3 pick in a terrible draft, and while he's slowly coming around, he's done nothing at this point to indicate he'll be worth that value in the long run. And being one of the best defenders in the league is great, but if you're a minus player offensively when you're on the floor, it kind of balances out to make you a mediocre overall basketball player.

But as I said in a previous post, I think BCPS made the best argument in this thread in favor of Boston not making a deal. I don't buy the "this was a bad trade" argument in the slightest. But I buy the idea that Ainge thinks he can add two max level players in the offseason, and this would prevent him from doing so.

eDush
02-24-2017, 02:10 PM

Overall, other than a couple nice moves by Toronto to actually get better (one of the few borderline contenders to do so) and the DMC trade, a fairly quiet deadline.Raptors won but no one with any sense would refer to Cousins as a franchise piece for any team. Maybe you care about cancers who put up numbers like Starbury, etc but they're never winners and need to be rid of. Sactown wins for once by getting the best pure shooter and a big time winner in college. He's team won big last night due as he shut down Murray for good on D while Boogies new team lost big.

Hield and Ingram for co ROY :clap:

eDush
02-24-2017, 02:14 PM

Calling Jaylen Brown a top 3 pick is pretty misleading, dude. The guy was a top 3 pick in a terrible draft, and while he's slowly coming around, he's done nothing at this point to indicate he'll be worth that value in the long run. And being one of the best defenders in the league is great, but if you're a minus player offensively when you're on the floor, it kind of balances out to make you a mediocre overall basketball player.

But as I said in a previous post, I think BCPS made the best argument in this thread in favor of Boston not making a deal. I don't buy the "this was a bad trade" argument in the slightest. But I buy the idea that Ainge thinks he can add two max level players in the offseason, and this would prevent him from doing so.Agreed, Brown is overrated and is more of a complimentary player. Danny wish he had drafted Hield instead who will be a superstar in this league :nod:

eDush
02-24-2017, 02:18 PM

The Sixers lost but the Mavs didn't win?Bogut is not only a good rim protector but has a ring to show he won a championships. Sixers won this trade imo :nod:

mightybosstone
02-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Bogut is not only a good rim protector but has a ring to show he won a championships. Sixers won this trade imo :nod:

You know Bogut is getting bought out, right? Or are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell...

celticsman2009
02-24-2017, 02:42 PM
You know Bogut is getting bought out, right? Or are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell...

Lol. He also thinks Hield is going to win ROY. Does he know who Embiid is?

eDush
02-24-2017, 03:17 PM

Lol. He also thinks Hield is going to win ROY. Does he know who Embiid is?Embiid is not a real rookie so can't win a ROY. He been in the league 3 years now.

eDush
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Bogut is not only a good rim protector but has a ring to show he won a championships. Sixers won this trade imo :nod:

You know Bogut is getting bought out, right? Or are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell...Typical of Sixers...the trade is a win, the FO is :down:

Scoots
02-24-2017, 03:46 PM

I find it hard to tell if he's sincere with most of what he says because what he says as "fact" is so out there.

Scoots
02-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Embiid is not a real rookie so can't win a ROY. He been in the league 3 years now.

He can win ROY just like Blake Griffin won in his 2nd year.

warfelg
02-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Sixers are the single biggest losers.

Traded Noel for trash
Kept Okafor
Said Simmons is out for the year
Said Embiid could be "out indefinitely"
Have to keep Ly'in Bryan and Snake Oil Salesman Jerry.

eDush
02-24-2017, 05:49 PM

I find it hard to tell if he's sincere with most of what he says because what he says as "fact" is so out there.
My sources are journalists/reporters that are readily available which I can back up. Can't say the same of ur sources that are media moles intent on destroying innocent people characters with an agenda in mind from what I have seen :(

eDush
02-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Embiid is not a real rookie so can't win a ROY. He been in the league 3 years now.

He can win ROY just like Blake Griffin won in his 2nd year.Does not mean it's right. No it Griffin or Embiid never plays until they are in their 40s due to injury...I'm sorry but they can no longer qualify.

tp13baby
02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Raptors won but no one with any sense would refer to Cousins as a franchise piece for any team. Maybe you care about cancers who put up numbers like Starbury, etc but they're never winners and need to be rid of. Sactown wins for once by getting the best pure shooter and a big time winner in college. He's team won big last night due as he shut down Murray for good on D while Boogies new team lost big.

You are the biggest homer in the NBA forum.

"He shut down Murray"

They were rarely on each other. Hield was against Harris more than Murray.

Denver played terrible, Buddy played very good, but Buddy wasn't the only reason Sac won.

TheDish87
02-25-2017, 09:30 AM

Traded Noel for trash
Kept Okafor

how can you lose when you still have EMBIID, SIMMONS, SARIC, TLC, SAC swap, LAL pick, SAC 19 pick? Plus we got baby Noel in Holmes who is already making people forget about that guy traded to Dallas.

eDush
02-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Traded Noel for trash
Kept Okafor

how can you lose when you still have EMBIID, SIMMONS, SARIC, TLC, SAC swap, LAL pick, SAC 19 pick? Plus we got baby Noel in Holmes who is already making people forget about that guy traded to Dallas.I don't agree with many here like the Cousins trade but I do agree with you that there is NO WAY the Sixers lost that trade. I see Holmes as a special player who I would love to have on the Warriors as our spark plug player. Seems like someone here has a man crush on Noel to make such a odd statement that they were the biggest trade losers. They are one of the smartest trade teams in the league as I do trust the process :nod:.

eDush
02-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Raptors won but no one with any sense would refer to Cousins as a franchise piece for any team. Maybe you care about cancers who put up numbers like Starbury, etc but they're never winners and need to be rid of. Sactown wins for once by getting the best pure shooter and a big time winner in college. He's team won big last night due as he shut down Murray for good on D while Boogies new team lost big.

You are the biggest homer in the NBA forum.

"He shut down Murray"

They were rarely on each other. Hield was against Harris more than Murray.

Denver played terrible, Buddy played very good, but Buddy wasn't the only reason Sac won.Okay I assumed he was being guarded by him as it would seem logical to have two rookie lottery drafted players with deadly range to face each other to see who will prevail. I should have made sure but I did watch some of that game and you can see Sactown is playing more inspired on the court without Boogie. I didn't watch Nolo first game after the trade but assume they played less inspired? It tend to be based on your teammates, not their bloated numbers when they play hard for one another as a team, trust me on this :nod:

mightybosstone
02-25-2017, 11:25 AM
I don't agree with many here like the Cousins trade but I do agree with you that there is NO WAY the Sixers lost that trade. I see Holmes as a special player who I would love to have on the Warriors as our spark plug player. Seems like someone here has a man crush on Noel to make such a odd statement that they were the biggest trade losers. They are one of the smartest trade teams in the league as I do trust the process :nod:.
I don't understand this take at all. Philly got a mediocre prospect and likely two future 2nd round picks for a guy who was drafted 6th overall a few years ago and whose skillset is at a premium in this league.

In what way did Philly not lose that deal by a significant margin? They got absolutely no value out of a guy who is viewed as one of the better young defensive centers in the league.

For example, if the Rockets got that package in return for Clint Capela, I'd be pissed. And I'd much rather have Noel than Capela.

tredigs
02-25-2017, 11:35 AM
I don't understand this take at all. Philly got a mediocre prospect and likely two future 2nd round picks for a guy who was drafted 6th overall a few years ago and whose skillset is at a premium in this league.

In what way did Philly not lose that deal by a significant margin? They got absolutely no value out of a guy who is viewed as one of the better young defensive centers in the league.

For example, if the Rockets got that package in return for Clint Capela, I'd be pissed. And I'd much rather have Noel than Capela.

Noel was gone though. They did not have leverage.

warfelg
02-25-2017, 11:39 AM

Yea we did. We didn't have to take the deal, match in RFA, trade next deadline when we are trading a guy with 3 years left on his contract and is one of the better defensive centers in the NBA.

Or how about this -
Trade the guy you have been working on a deal with for OVER A MONTH instead of taking a panic move with 2 hours left to the deadline.

Pfeifer
02-25-2017, 12:01 PM
After watching last nights game I would say the Raps were big winners. Ibaka and especially Tucker were a shot of life into this team, especially on the defensive end and rebounding. Came back from 18 down to beat a fired up Celtics team without Lowry. The Raps have a deep team now.

hugepatsfan
02-25-2017, 12:14 PM
how can you lose when you still have EMBIID, SIMMONS, SARIC, TLC, SAC swap, LAL pick, SAC 19 pick? Plus we got baby Noel in Holmes who is already making people forget about that guy traded to Dallas.

This has nothing to do with the trade deadline. They had all of that before and they still have it after. Judging a team's trade deadline is what they had before vs. after. Stuff that didn't change means nothing. You can have a bad deadline and still be in great position, which I think applies perfectly to PHI.

hugepatsfan
02-25-2017, 12:29 PM
After watching last nights game I would say the Raps were big winners. Ibaka and especially Tucker were a shot of life into this team, especially on the defensive end and rebounding. Came back from 18 down to beat a fired up Celtics team without Lowry. The Raps have a deep team now.

Yes I like what they did. They really solidified themselves as #2 in the East IMO. The issue they have is they're never going to be able to close the gap with CLE barring some miracle Draymond Green like draft pick late in the 1st or in the 2nd round. I don't see their path to do so.

TheDish87
02-25-2017, 12:43 PM
I don't agree with many here like the Cousins trade but I do agree with you that there is NO WAY the Sixers lost that trade. I see Holmes as a special player who I would love to have on the Warriors as our spark plug player. Seems like someone here has a man crush on Noel to make such a odd statement that they were the biggest trade losers. They are one of the smartest trade teams in the league as I do trust the process :nod:.

oh no we lost the trade, flat out. no denying it but its not a big deal since Noel prob didnt want to stay here in a lesser role. Got a young player back with some potential who should fit the team. I like Holmes more than anyone in our forum but hah no hes not 'special' hes just a capable backup.

TheDish87
02-25-2017, 12:46 PM
This has nothing to do with the trade deadline. They had all of that before and they still have it after. Judging a team's trade deadline is what they had before vs. after. Stuff that didn't change means nothing. You can have a bad deadline and still be in great position, which I think applies perfectly to PHI.

eh we took the best deal out there instead of risking him leaving for nothing. it would be inexcusable to match a 20+ per offer for Noel regardless of our cap situation. BC is a crap GM and should have done better in the deal but the odds were against on this one.

tp13baby
02-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Yea we did. We didn't have to take the deal, match in RFA, trade next deadline when we are trading a guy with 3 years left on his contract and is one of the better defensive centers in the NBA.

Or how about this -
Trade the guy you have been working on a deal with for OVER A MONTH instead of taking a panic move with 2 hours left to the deadline.

Okafor should of been traded. The more healthy Embiid gets the more worthless Okafor becomes. His value is a ski slope and we are making our way down the mountain. That alone has to be a loss. Noel I get both sides to, but being dealt this offseason would of probably netted something more.

valade16
02-25-2017, 01:14 PM

Isn't the fact that they had no leverage kind of their fault though?

eDush
02-25-2017, 01:30 PM

Or how about this -

Okafor should of been traded. The more healthy Embiid gets the more worthless Okafor becomes. His value is a ski slope and we are making our way down the mountain. That alone has to be a loss. Noel I get both sides to, but being dealt this offseason would of probably netted something more.Okafor was the 3rd overall pick if people here going to start pulling drafted rank to prove some point? Not only that, Okafor was being compared to a young Tim Duncan with his smooth unstoppable moves that only Duncan can do as you noticed here...

https://youtu.be/nKnwVCBkeEg

If you bother to watch them in practice, he has no problem scoring on Noel but did have problems scoring on Embiid :(

Keeping Okafor over Noel was the right decision:clap:

warfelg
02-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Okafor was the 3rd overall pick if people here going to start pulling drafted rank to prove some point? Not only that, Okafor was being compared to a young Tim Duncan with his smooth unstoppable moves that only Duncan can do as you noticed here...

If you bother to watch them in practice, he has no problem scoring on Noel but did have problems scoring on Embiid :(

I would love to know how you know what happens in a practice that is closed to everyone.

tredigs
02-25-2017, 01:40 PM

Or how about this -

I wasn't aware maxing him out was an option. If so then yeah it's bad.

ewing
02-25-2017, 01:54 PM
The Cavs are winner and they didn't even make a trade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDish87
02-25-2017, 02:05 PM
I wasn't aware maxing him out was an option. If so then yeah it's bad.

it wasnt

eDush
02-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Okafor was the 3rd overall pick if people here going to start pulling drafted rank to prove some point? Not only that, Okafor was being compared to a young Tim Duncan with his smooth unstoppable moves that only Duncan can do as you noticed here...

I would love to know how you know what happens in a practice that is closed to everyone.I know a friend of a friend who is related to someone who is employed with the team. And it's not like secret information where they are not allowed to discuss what they seen to family or friends as opposed to the media or stealing playbooks.

TheDish87
02-25-2017, 03:25 PM
I know a friend of a friend who is related to someone who is employed with the team. And it's not like secret information where they are not allowed to discuss what they seen to family or friends as opposed to the media or stealing playbooks.

lol no you dont

eDush
02-25-2017, 06:27 PM
I know a friend of a friend who is related to someone who is employed with the team. And it's not like secret information where they are not allowed to discuss what they seen to family or friends as opposed to the media or stealing playbooks.

lol no you dontI could have said one of the bench players told me but that would be a lie. However, I will ask my friend who this employee is and if I can post it here okay since I'm tired of being made fun of :(

albertajaysfan
02-25-2017, 08:13 PM
to clarify from the bulls perspective, Yes, we could have gotten more for Gibson, likely more for McDermott to, (I'm actually totally baffled why the worst 3pt shooting team trades their only 3pt shooter) But my guese is the bulls wanted a first for taj, but the only way they were getting a pick back was by taking on cap next year, and this team is diusional in thinking players will want to come play on a bad team, so any trade for assets was declined, that why we ended up thowing in the 2nd in our awful trade, to make sure we did not take on cap moving forward.

the same thing applies to many of the bulls, Niko was not traded for the same reason likely, and Rondo has a nice buyout option that we will keep. all so we can likely overpay some 2nd or 3rd teir FA.

Most confusing FO around I think goes to the Bulls. They aren't the worst, looking at you Sacramento, but they sure are confusing.

Mr.B
02-26-2017, 04:08 AM

Are you sure? Because my cousin's aunt's uncle's brother, said that his roommates sister's boyfriend said otherwise.

eDush
02-26-2017, 09:15 AM

Are you sure? Because my cousin's aunt's uncle's brother, said that his roommates sister's boyfriend said otherwise.No I am not sure since the information is second hand. Its no difference than a journalist with an agenda based article that fans refers to as facts.

I did watch half of the Sixers game yesterday and Okafor look like dominating player I have seen him in college and know he was the right one to keep over Noel. If the Sixers are to be contenders, they NEED to keep Okafor cause he is worth 2 mid first rounder at the very least plus a prospect who can play the wing if I was the GM of the Sixers and would not allow Danny boy to rip us off like he did to the Nets :(
:no:

TheDish87
02-26-2017, 09:46 AM
lol stop. Okafor will be gone before his rookie deal is up.

Scoots
02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
No I am not sure since the information is second hand. Its no difference than a journalist with an agenda based article that fans refers to as facts.

I did watch half of the Sixers game yesterday and Okafor look like dominating player I have seen him in college and know he was the right one to keep over Noel. If the Sixers are to be contenders, they NEED to keep Okafor cause he is worth 2 mid first rounder at the very least plus a prospect who can play the wing if I was the GM of the Sixers and would not allow Danny boy to rip us off like he did to the Nets :(

You are ostensibly a Warriors fan ... do you think the Warriors would rather have Okafor than Noel?

eDush
02-26-2017, 11:59 AM
No I am not sure since the information is second hand. Its no difference than a journalist with an agenda based article that fans refers to as facts.

You are ostensibly a Warriors fan ... do you think the Warriors would rather have Okafor than Noel?With all conditions being equal like salary and contracts, we need Noel since scoring is not our primary objective as a center, it's rim protection and blocking which you know as well. Now if I was the GM of the Kings, it would be Okafor by a landslide and I would build and run my offense thru Okafor like Duke did. Philly didn't use him correctly and was purposely tanking games last season to judge how good he can be. Regarding his defense, you can make the same argument on Love who tends to pull his arm back and let his man score or Harden who just stands there. Okafor cannot be stop in the paint if you can space the floor so I would have shooters on the wings and keys lead by the best pure shooter at OU if not the nation in Hield. You give these two highly skilled talents the confidence to perform instead of laughing or putting the bust tag on them prematurely like some here done and they will succeed, trust me :nod:.

Mr.B
02-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Noel looked pretty good in his debut with the Mavs last night. He still needs time to adjust to the new team but as the chemistry gets better it's clear he's going to be a defensive stud for the Mavs.

Pfeifer
02-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Yes I like what they did. They really solidified themselves as #2 in the East IMO. The issue they have is they're never going to be able to close the gap with CLE barring some miracle Draymond Green like draft pick late in the 1st or in the 2nd round. I don't see their path to do so.

Need to hope Love isnt 100% lol. They took two from them last year and the Raps are better now IMO and Cleveland has regressed. Still a long shot but this is the year to take a shot as everyone else will be better next year around them.

eDush
02-26-2017, 04:00 PM

Need to hope Love isnt 100% lol. They took two from them last year and the Raps are better now IMO and Cleveland has regressed. Still a long shot but this is the year to take a shot as everyone else will be better next year around them.Actually love is the weakest link on defense for the Cavs but the Dubs takes advantage of all game long until he is taken out. Not sure about the Raps but we owned him like the Cavs owned Bogut :(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/1/18/10787994/kevin-love-defense-vine-pick-and-roll-warriors

:clap::dance::clap:

Pfeifer
02-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Actually love is the weakest link on defense for the Cavs but the Dubs takes advantage of all game long until he is taken out. Not sure about the Raps but we owned him like the Cavs owned Bogut :(

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/1/18/10787994/kevin-love-defense-vine-pick-and-roll-warriors

:clap::dance::clap:

Easy to say when your the Warriors.