PDA

View Full Version : Noel to Dallas

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Justin Anderson, Bogut, and 1st round pick for Noel, sources tell the Vertical's Woj and Undefeated's Marc J Spears.

homie564
02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Think they flip Bogut now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Mavs got their younger Tyson Chandler

North Yorker
02-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Wow, thought they would've dealt Okafor instead. Dal's 1st is protected 1-18.

They'll flip or waive Bogut?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Bogut was included? I thought just Anderson and a first. Bummer was hoping my Bucks dump Henson or Telly to Mavs for a expiring Bogut even if we had to flip a second rounder. Bogut was coveted by Celtics as well. Curious who they look at now.

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Surprised Philly got a top 18 protected pick, especially since Noel has high potential. Bogut will be bought out. I would think GSW might pick him up again for the min, which means letting go of Briante Weber.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Uh oh.... I don't like this one bit. If Bogut gets waived, anyone else think there's a strong possibility he ends up back in Golden State? Because that is a genuinely unnerving thought.

NYKnickFanatic
Wow, thought they would've dealt Okafor instead. Dal's 1st is protected 1-18.

They'll flip or waive Bogut?

Waive Bogut, signs with Cleveland. Lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
So if Okafor gets traded to Bulls I guess 76ers would get big man Mirotic and a pick or and Doug?

GiantsSwaGG
Philly gave Noel away for free basically.

homie564
02-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Surprised Philly got a top 18 protected pick, especially since Noel has high potential. Bogut will be bought out. I would think GSW might pick him up again for the min, which means letting go of Briante Weber.

I bet Boston would at least give up a heavily protected pick for Bogut. They have been rumored to have interest for a while

YAALREADYKNO
02-23-2017, 12:59 PM
If bogut gets bought out he's going back to golden state lol

North Yorker
02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Philly gave Noel away for free basically.

Depends on if the pick is unprotected next year. Decent chance Dallas is a lotto team in 2018.

Vee-Rex
02-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Depends on if the pick is unprotected next year. Decent chance Dallas is a lotto team in 2018.

It's protected 1-18

lakerfan85
02-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Pretty sure Bogut can't go back to the Warriors..

Cracka2HI!
02-23-2017, 01:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken Bogut can't re-sign with GS. I don't think you can re-sign with a team that trades you for 1 year. They put that in place when Big Z went right back to Cleveland after they traded him.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Aldridge just tweeted that Philly is rerouting Bogut somewhere else, possibly Boston. Thank God. I could not have handled him getting bought out and going to Golden State. That would have really sucked...

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2017, 01:08 PM
We traded the wrong big....

But for real, I think there's another move coming after this. I can't imagine the Sixers will hold onto Bogut and Splitter.

Maybe use their salaries to make contracts work in a subsequent trade involving Okafor? Maybe partake in a three-team deal that sends PG or JB to Boston?

Considering Noel was an RFA this season, I'm not mad at this deal. I'll reserve my official judgement for a few hours though.

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Aldridge just tweeted that Philly is rerouting Bogut somewhere else, possibly Boston. Thank God. I could not have handled him getting bought out and going to Golden State. That would have really sucked...

lol well there you go.

North Yorker
02-23-2017, 01:09 PM
It's protected 1-18

Yes I know that's for the 2017 draft. I'm wondering what the protections (if any) there are for 2018 and beyond.

lakerfan85
02-23-2017, 01:11 PM

He can't go back to the Warriors..

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 01:13 PM
I bet Boston would at least give up a heavily protected pick for Bogut. They have been rumored to have interest for a while

The deal I saw rumored with Boston was Bogut for Zeller and a 2nd. That's a fair deal for Philly now because they add an asset and buyout Zeller.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Now that I know that Bogut can't go to Golden State, this trade actually makes me very happy as a Mavericks hater. It's a good deal for them, acquiring a quality young defensive center for very little and locking him in long-term. But this means they'll have a ton of money invested in Barnes and Noel moving forward, which won't be good for their chances at contending for the next decade. If Barnes and Noel are your two core guys, you're a mediocre basketball team struggling to crack .500 every season and praying for a free agent to pick you every summer.

Cuban basically just practically guaranteed his team will be in NBA purgatory for the next five years. He should have just gone the rebuild route...

Vee-Rex
02-23-2017, 01:32 PM
imagine Korver receiving Bogut-style illegal screens

:hope:

YAALREADYKNO
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Now that I know that Bogut can't go to Golden State, this trade actually makes me very happy as a Mavericks hater. It's a good deal for them, acquiring a quality young defensive center for very little and locking him in long-term. But this means they'll have a ton of money invested in Barnes and Noel moving forward, which won't be good for their chances at contending for the next decade. If Barnes and Noel are your two core guys, you're a mediocre basketball team struggling to crack .500 every season and praying for a free agent to pick you every summer.

Cuban basically just practically guaranteed his team will be in NBA purgatory for the next five years. He should have just gone the rebuild route...

I feel you on that as a Mavs fan but Cuban has too much pride to just blow it up basically. Guess he's betting on getting a big time FA in the future but we've see how that's gone the past few years

ManRam
02-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Is the pick protected the same way next year?

BKLYNpigeon
02-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Nerlans won't get a max deal. Barnes makes 23mil a year. These are all productive players and moveable assets.

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 01:39 PM

Lotto protection in 2018, 2nd rounder in 2019. I can see why 76ers fans are pissed.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 01:46 PM
I feel you on that as a Mavs fan but Cuban has too much pride to just blow it up basically. Guess he's betting on getting a big time FA in the future but we've see how that's gone the past few years
Yeah, sorry if that seemed harsh. I have no animosity toward Mavericks fans. It's just that there's certain teams I prefer not to succeed, and the Mavericks are at the top of that list. I'm sure Mavericks fans probably feel similarly about the Rockets.

Nerlans won't get a max deal. Barnes makes 23mil a year. These are all productive players and moveable assets.
That's kind of my point, though. They're productive, but they won't be productive enough to make them a serious playoff team. And if you're giving two guys $20 million+ per season who aren't top 25-30 guys in the league, that's not a great place to be.

ManRam
02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
Lotto protection in 2018, 2nd rounder in 2019. I can see why 76ers fans are pissed.

Yeah. That sucks. Just gave him away.

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 01:50 PM
If we're just looking at this trade from its face value, though, I think the Mavs clearly win. Philly isn't getting that pick this season, and there's a pretty good chance it turns into a 2019 2nd rounder. And I think they should have gotten a better prospect than Justin Anderson. There's still potential that they could flip Bogut in a 3-team trade to get something else of value. But right now, I'm not happy if I'm a Philly fan.

Plus, I think they dealt the wrong center. I actually really liked the possibility of an Embiid and Noel front court. I think it makes more sense than Okafor. But if Philly made this trade, it's probably because they didn't feel like paying him a ton of money this summer in free agency and didn't think he wanted to be here.

shep33
02-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Horrid trade for Philly. Ersan got them more lol

Bogut most likely getting bought out, not traded according to Woj

Wade n Fade
02-23-2017, 01:53 PM
How ironic that GM LeBron might get Bogut to replace Birdman Andersen a year after Varajao went to the Dubs?

jason6692
02-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Yeah, sorry if that seemed harsh. I have no animosity toward Mavericks fans. It's just that there's certain teams I prefer not to succeed, and the Mavericks are at the top of that list. I'm sure Mavericks fans probably feel similarly about the Rockets.

That's kind of my point, though. They're productive, but they won't be productive enough to make them a serious playoff team. And if you're giving two guys $20 million+ per season who aren't top 25-30 guys in the league, that's not a great place to be.

Yeah i hate the rockets . Most houston fans are fat as hell too. Went to a game all i saw was red blobs and circles screaming out ignorance plus houston dirty

valade16
02-23-2017, 02:04 PM
The biggest take away of this trade for me in regards to Philly is apparently they should not have fired Hinkie

Forever35
02-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Philly wants back in on tanking...???

LeonFSU
02-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Shouldn't be surprising with Coangelo in charge.

ManRam
02-23-2017, 02:11 PM
How ironic that GM LeBron might get Bogut to replace Birdman Andersen a year after Varajao went to the Dubs?

I feel like Bogut to Cleveland is too obvious for it not to happen.

And yeah...I miss Hinkie.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 02:13 PM
If we're just looking at this trade from its face value, though, I think the Mavs clearly win. Philly isn't getting that pick this season, and there's a pretty good chance it turns into a 2019 2nd rounder. And I think they should have gotten a better prospect than Justin Anderson. There's still potential that they could flip Bogut in a 3-team trade to get something else of value. But right now, I'm not happy if I'm a Philly fan.

Plus, I think they dealt the wrong center. I actually really liked the possibility of an Embiid and Noel front court. I think it makes more sense than Okafor. But if Philly made this trade, it's probably because they didn't feel like paying him a ton of money this summer in free agency and didn't think he wanted to be here.

All of this but honestly I wouldn't have even let go of okafor for this type of return I had lower expections than most to begin with and even then this would be a meh to losing trade for Jah let alone Noel who acutally fit the team and could have had a future here.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Horrid trade for Philly. Ersan got them more lol

Bogut most likely getting bought out, not traded according to Woj

Not far from the truth.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 02:15 PM

my thoughts the very second BC was brought in

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2017, 02:15 PM

Not sure what fans expected.

Noel is a very good young player but as a RFA this season, were we really going to pay him close to the max to come off the bench?

It was either let Noel go for nothing or something. Simple as that. No one foresaw Embiid impacting the team like he has this season (thus creating a logjam in the frontcourt) so this predicament was essentially unavoidable.

What I AM upset about is how Colangelo has fluffed the Okafor situation completely.

Woj is reporting that we are holding onto him for the rest of the season.

After keeping him out of games a couple weeks back, not flying him to the game in charlotte, and allowing him to say his goodbyes to team/staff.... he's still here. How on earth does that happen when no deal was finalized? Don't think BC could have handled the situation any worse than he has.

He still has roughly 2 hours to change that though.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 02:17 PM

Noel is a very good young player but as a RFA this season, were we really going to pay him close to the max to come off the bench?

It was either let Noel go for nothing or something. Simple as that. No one foresaw Embiid impacting the team like he has this season (thus creating a logjam in the frontcourt) so this predicament was essentially unavoidable.

What I AM upset about is how Colangelo has fluffed the Okafor situation completely.

After keeping him out of games a couple weeks back, not flying him to the game in charlotte, and allowing him to say his goodbyes to team/staff.... he's still here. How on earth does that happen when no deal was finalized? Don't think BC could have handled the situation any worse than he has.

It's not as if we got an acutal return for him we got a nothing player and a 2nd and i'm sure better offers would have been on the table seems like a reactionary move to not getting the value he expected for okafor.

YAALREADYKNO
02-23-2017, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=mightybosstone;31479839]Yeah, sorry if that seemed harsh. I have no animosity toward Mavericks fans. It's just that there's certain teams I prefer not to succeed, and the Mavericks are at the top of that list. I'm sure Mavericks fans probably feel similarly about the Rockets.

Lol totally understandable. It's an in state rivalry

NYKnickFanatic
02-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Philly wants back in on tanking...???

Noel was barely playing...

NYKnickFanatic
02-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Which makes more sense for CLE, Bogut or Sanders?

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Yeah i hate the rockets . Most houston fans are fat as hell too. Went to a game all i saw was red blobs and circles screaming out ignorance plus houston dirty
Good try, troll. Not going to bite on this.

THE MTL
02-23-2017, 02:27 PM
I dont get Philly's rebuild. Nerlens Noel was a top 5 pick with Philadelphia like 3 years ago. Still very young with high potential. Now they have a pick protected through 18.

valade16
02-23-2017, 02:28 PM

Actually pretty much everyone called this the moment Philly drafted Okafor. Everyone said they'd have a logjam in the front court that would lower the trade value since other teams knew they'd eventually have to trade one...

LA4life24/8
02-23-2017, 02:33 PM
In phillys defense ( i wouldnt do this very often lol) they werent gonna resign him and teams know that so i doubt they could have gotten TOO much more for him. They werent gonna get a lottery pick thats for sure. Everyone knows that embiid is their center so they didnt have much leverage. Let him walk for nothing or accept the little bit they got for him, take your pick.

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 02:39 PM

hes been steadily playing 20 min a night

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 02:40 PM
I dont get Philly's rebuild. Nerlens Noel was a top 5 pick with Philadelphia like 3 years ago. Still very young with high potential. Now they have a pick protected through 18.

he was the 6th pick and traded for. we werent going to sign him bcuz hes gonna get overpaid and we dont need a limited backup making that kind of money. doesnt change that the trade is still crap though.

Avenged
02-23-2017, 02:42 PM

I hate Houston too.. Well The Rockets, not the city. But why the hell would that even matter? :laugh2:

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 02:42 PM
The one wild card in this deal that really makes me question how Philly didn't get more in this trade is Noel's RFA this summer. Yeah, you can argue that having to pay him was going to suck. But being a RFA, it's essentially a lock that whoever has him is going to keep him for the foreseeable future. That's a long-term guarantee from one of the best young defensive big men in the NBA.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I think that's got to be worth more than a future 2nd rounder, Justin Anderson and an Andrew Bogut buyout.

Avenged
02-23-2017, 02:43 PM
I like this for the Mavericks.. Alot. Felt he was worth more. Crazy how the market and value of players isn't as high as we once thought.

ManRam
02-23-2017, 02:47 PM
It's been a terrible 4 year-stretch to be a bad team hoping to rebuild via the draft (Philly, Orlando, Minny being the big ones). The 76ers were begging to get rid of Okafor, and couldn't, so instead they gave away another high pick. They've done OK for themselves because of Embiid, and hope for Simmons, but man...not ideal. Orlando has had the worst luck. Had the 2nd pick in a year where the only player worth a high pick went 15th (Giannis). The next year they had the 4th pick in a 3-man draft. In 2015 they had the 5th pick, just missing out on a shot at Porzingis. Last year they traded away their pick.

2013: Not a single All-Star lottery pick. Not one. A terrible, terrible year to have a high draft pick.
2014: Not a single All-Star anywhere. Wiggins, Parker and Embiid (especially Embiid) are fine. If you got a top-3 pick you got someone who, if healthy, is going to help you. If you're the Magic and had bad ping pong luck, you really missed out (I still have hope for AG, but it's dwindling). Still, besides Embiid, there's no transformative star in this draft.
2015: Towns and Porzingis. That's it.
2016: Looks pretty terrible.

tredigs
02-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Under the current CBA is Noel now still a restricted free agent, but for Dallas? If so it just seems like a deal to give Philly two 2nd rounders and trade bait for the choice to match a likely near-max offer sheet for Noel.

LA4life24/8
02-23-2017, 02:48 PM
I like this for the Mavericks.. Alot. Felt he was worth more. Crazy how the market and value of players isn't as high as we once thought.

Maybe cuz the cap isnt projected to keep skyrocketing like once predicted? Or is it just teams dont wanna try and fail to compete w these dubs cavs spurs etc?

tredigs
02-23-2017, 02:51 PM
It's pretty insane that the Sixers never actually tried to play Noel and Embiid on the court at the same time. How do you have prospects of their caliber and not at least try it out for a few games?

More-Than-Most
02-23-2017, 02:55 PM

we got **** for him which was expected....

brian colangelo

noel likely getting a max

all are reasons this happened.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 02:56 PM

Oh no he played and when he was playing he made a fairly large impact I can't see any other reason to make this deal than tanking for Fultz.

ewing
02-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Oh no he played and when he was playing he made a fairly large impact I can't see any other reason to make this deal than tanking for Fultz.

how about b/c you weren't going to pay him and its what you could get

WITZ
02-23-2017, 03:22 PM
So Noel for a 2nd round pick. We know they will be lottery bound next year as well Good job 76ers :laugh2:

Mr.B
02-23-2017, 03:23 PM

It was reported that if the Sixers do not get the 1st round pick this year they will get two 2nd rounders instead.

Mr.B
02-23-2017, 03:32 PM

Not necessarily. Noel, Barnes, Matthews, 2017 pick (PG) is a solid core. Obviously not good enough to put them in contention but also not a bad group. They still need to add a star but that group won't exactly suck, especially being coached by Carlisle.

Mr.B
02-23-2017, 03:34 PM

I think they have moved on from that philosophy. The fact that they are willing to take on big contracts proves that. They seemed to have put their focus on the draft and acquiring players through trade (which is how they built that 2011 team).

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 03:35 PM
So Noel for a 2nd round pick. We know they will be lottery bound next year as well Good job 76ers :laugh2:

please Noel isnt stopping us from improving. If Embiid, Simmons, Saric are healthy next year we make the playoffs.

Mr.B
02-23-2017, 03:35 PM

Sixers won't get a pick from the Mavs next year. If the pick ends up a top 18 pick (pretty much guaranteed) the Sixers will get two 2nd round picks instead.

TrueFan420
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Uh oh.... I don't like this one bit. If Bogut gets waived, anyone else think there's a strong possibility he ends up back in Golden State? Because that is a genuinely unnerving thought.

I mean id love for him to return

IKnowHoops

Can you imagine...

Cleveland gets Bogut and uses him to beat GS lol. Would make for probably the most interesting championship rivalry ever. Throw in GS trying the same thing with Varejao and it not working. Just a very funny ending this could all have.

Mr.B
Mavs also get a trade exception out of this trade.

mightybosstone
Not necessarily. Noel, Barnes, Matthews, 2017 pick (PG) is a solid core. Obviously not good enough to put them in contention but also not a bad group. They still need to add a star but that group won't exactly suck, especially being coached by Carlisle.

That's kind of my point though. They will be good enough to be competitive, but not good enough to be any more than a low-seeded playoff team. And that's kinda the worst place to be. Trust me, right after the Tracy/Yao era ended when Alexander didn't want to tank, Morey was good enough at his job for the Rockets to get the last lottery pick (14th) for three consecutive years. And those three years truly sucked.

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2017, 03:42 PM

No doubt, I'm happy for Noel, probably one of the best situations he could've ended up in.

He will flourish in Dallas and if you play him at the 5 (where he belongs) he'll get back to his 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 spg ways that made him such an intriguing prospect in his rookie year. He is one of the most versatile defenders in the league and i'm glad he'll get the minutes to show it in Dallas.

KB24PG16
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
you would think philly could do better than justin anderson for noel, shocking deal philly fans should be mad

LOb0
02-23-2017, 04:41 PM
This was pure theft by Dallas.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 05:31 PM
how about b/c you weren't going to pay him and its what you could get

I'm sure better offers than a nothing player and 2 seconds have come up for Noel over BC tenure lets be serious. Also paying Noel would have been a far better choice for now and for the future than what we just did.

Heediot
02-23-2017, 05:32 PM
Bogut to Spurs. I Have a gut feeling.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 05:34 PM
you would think philly could do better than justin anderson for noel, shocking deal philly fans should be mad

Most of us are very few are ok with this and they are the ones who where down on Noel anyway.

Aust
02-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Holy crap. If I was a Mavs fan I'd be jumping for joy right now. He's going to be producing at a high level when given a starter role on the floor.

Scoots
02-23-2017, 06:34 PM
Mavs may make the playoffs now.

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 06:41 PM

yea Noel isnt adding that many wins. theyll prob pass the kings for obvious reasons but thats about it.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 06:44 PM

Don't get my hopes up that would make this mess salvageable.

FlashBolt
02-23-2017, 06:51 PM
noel is a stud. He'll be an all-star in a few years and you can bank that. Philly never gave him a chance.

Alayla
02-23-2017, 06:53 PM
noel is a stud. He'll be an all-star in a few years and you can bank that. Philly never gave him a chance.

He very well could he never got a fair shake here.

tredigs
02-23-2017, 06:55 PM

You think Noel brings more impact than Demarcus Cousins? Honestly I think Denver holds on to the 8th seed. Their O is super high caliber right now.

This deal sort of shows us that Cuban does not believe in his recruiting abilities. Because theoretically he could have got Noel for no players or picks if he just signed him to the max in the off-season.

ewing
02-23-2017, 07:30 PM
I'm sure better offers than a nothing player and 2 seconds have come up for Noel over BC tenure lets be serious. Also paying Noel would have been a far better choice for now and for the future than what we just did.

Over his tenure maybe but they probably also wanted to see Joel play game first and you should understand it's a tankers league. Few teams are looking paint themselves into a situation where they have to spend big time money on a non star like Noel. Listen I don't think you got value for him. The sixers didn't think him and Joel could play together so they weren't going to sign him and got what they could.

tredigs
02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Over his tenure maybe but they probably also wanted to see Joel play game first and you should understand it's a tankers league. Few teams are looking paint themselves into a situation where they have to spend big time money on a non star like Noel. Listen I don't think you got value for him. The sixers didn't think him and Joel could play together so they weren't going to sign him and got what they could.

Again though, how come they never even tried? They have less than ten combined minutes together all season. They juts gave up without giving it a go. Super strange to me.

BKLYNpigeon
02-23-2017, 08:20 PM
Since Bogut was traded to the 76ers then bought out he can theoretically resign with Warriorsn

Bobby Marks, The Vertical (@BobbyMarks42)
A loophole in the CBA could allow Golden State to sign Andrew Bogut (if he desires to return).

TheDish87
02-23-2017, 08:28 PM
i feel confident that Noel wont be an all-star anytime soon. He is what he is.

ewing
02-23-2017, 08:38 PM
Again though, how come they never even tried? They have less than ten combined minutes together all season. They juts gave up without giving it a go. Super strange to me.

I agree it doesn't seem like a fit but not giving it a shot makes no sense

Alayla
02-23-2017, 08:41 PM

Noel and Joel never got a fair shake on the court together in the 8 mins they did it looked very good where as jah and joel got plenty of time dispite looking poor. This is more about making sure jc doesnt look bad for blocking hinkie from moving jah imho.
That pairing would have been a defensive beast and even embiid spoke out about wanting to play more with noel and spoke in discomfort playing with jah. But ever since we drafted jah we have been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

Alayla
02-23-2017, 08:43 PM
i feel confident that Noel wont be an all-star anytime soon. He is what he is.

Let me remind you he is 22

mightybosstone
02-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Since Bogut was traded to the 76ers then bought out he can theoretically resign with Warriorsn

Bobby Marks, The Vertical (@BobbyMarks42)
A loophole in the CBA could allow Golden State to sign Andrew Bogut (if he desires to return).

I was reading about this on another website. This is all hypothetical, though. The NBA could rule this as an incorrect interpretation of the rule and say Golden State is ineligible.

jason6692
02-23-2017, 09:08 PM
I hate Houston too.. Well The Rockets, not the city. But why the hell would that even matter? :laugh2:

Lol just stating the obvious amd trolling a lil im from.harlem live in texas now always been a mavs fan and i do hate houston it is dirty compared to the other major cities besides downtown austin i dont see them winning anytbing anyway And the game i went too there were fat ignorant red blobs im just being honest. However i mean noel is good i think he will thrive under rick but i still dont see us contending for much soon either i hope im wrong.

ewing
02-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Noel and Joel never got a fair shake on the court together in the 8 mins they did it looked very good where as jah and joel got plenty of time dispite looking poor. This is more about making sure jc doesnt look bad for blocking hinkie from moving jah imho.
That pairing would have been a defensive beast and even embiid spoke out about wanting to play more with noel and spoke in discomfort playing with jah. But ever since we drafted jah we have been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

Seems like you got to the bottom of it

europagnpilgrim
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM

it must be a Texas thing since Barkley always disrespects the ''fat'' women of the Riverwalk city in Spursville, so it has to be like that in Dallas also since they all reside in the same bubble

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Colangelo should flip Bogut to the Celtics for Zeller and a pick. Bogut would fit great up there, patrolling the paint and kicking out to shooters. If the Celtics can complete a trade for Butler, they'll be set in the near-term.

More-Than-Most
02-23-2017, 10:16 PM
Noel is really good but not remotely worth the max he will get esp to a team like the sixers whom isnt a contender... Its a bad deal but I do like the player we got and couldnt care less for the 2 picks.. That being said makes you wonder going forward how badly value has dropped across the board.. For all the fans wanting Noel it doesnt seem like teams were offering much of anything... Youd think a team like the warriors would be open to tossing their late first for Noel and calling it a day... But nope.

YAALREADYKNO
02-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Golden State is eligible to sign bogut lol my guess is he's going back

D Blue987
02-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Golden State is eligible to sign bogut lol my guess is he's going back

That happens and GS has to be the favorite. (if they weren't already)

D Blue987
02-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Noel is really good but not remotely worth the max he will get esp to a team like the sixers whom isnt a contender... Its a bad deal but I do like the player we got and couldnt care less for the 2 picks.. That being said makes you wonder going forward how badly value has dropped across the board.. For all the fans wanting Noel it doesnt seem like teams were offering much of anything... Youd think a team like the warriors would be open to tossing their late first for Noel and calling it a day... But nope.

Okafor is going to go the same way. 76ers should have traded him instead of Noel but I guess absolutely nobody wanted any part of him or give up anything decent for him. On the value standpoint, it may be fair to say that once Sac traded Cousins for a less than spectacular haul, other teams probably used that as leverage. Thus, no other deals involving all stars.

More-Than-Most
02-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Okafor is going to go the same way. 76ers should have traded him instead of Noel but I guess absolutely nobody wanted any part of him or give up anything decent for him. On the value standpoint, it may be fair to say that once Sac traded Cousins for a less than spectacular haul, other teams probably used that as leverage. Thus, no other deals involving all stars.

I am all for dumping OKA but I get why we kept him... If we keep Noel this team likely wins 25-30 games and what is the point this year? That just helps the lakers and hurts us... 20 something games left and they knew they werent going to resign noel and didnt like the OKA value so the smart option is sell off noel and play oka the remaining 20 something games and let him score and lose... we get a top 3 or so pick with a better chance of keeping the lakers pick and dont waste a max on Noel while trying to up OKA value... Again smart and colangelo should never be put in the same sentence but this to me was the smart route on top of the player we got that fills a need... Colengelo ****ed this up last year and just added to it this year really so it wasnt an over night **** up... it started a year ago... But I agree with doing this... If simmons and embiid were healthy id be pissed because playoffs... Its moronic to rush either back... lose the remaining 20 something games and go into next year 100 percent healthy with embiid playing every game and letting saric start... we have a ridiculous amount of talent in Saric/Simmons/Embiid/TLC/Our pick plus the lakers pick and next years kings pick/stauce/covington and 9000000 second rounders plus whatever we get for OKA and the player picked up in the trade for Noel...

Our situation is the key... Its why I was against going for PG13.

Avenged
02-23-2017, 11:09 PM

I am all for dumping OKA but I get why we kept him... If we keep Noel this team likely wins 25-30 games and what is the point this year? That just helps the lakers and hurts us... 20 something games left and they knew they werent going to resign noel and didnt like the OKA value so the smart option is sell off noel and play oka the remaining 20 something games and let him score and lose... we get a top 3 or so pick with a better chance of keeping the lakers pick and dont waste a max on Noel while trying to up OKA value... Again smart and colangelo should never be put in the same sentence but this to me was the smart route on top of the player we got that fills a need... Colengelo ****ed this up last year and just added to it this year really so it wasnt an over night **** up... it started a year ago... But I agree with doing this... If simmons and embiid were healthy id be pissed because playoffs... Its moronic to rush either back... lose the remaining 20 something games and go into next year 100 percent healthy with embiid playing every game and letting saric start... we have a ridiculous amount of talent in Saric/Simmons/Embiid/TLC/Our pick plus the lakers pick and next years kings pick/stauce/covington and 9000000 second rounders plus whatever we get for OKA and the player picked up in the trade for Noel...

Our situation is the key... Its why I was against going for PG13.

I'm sorry but we're going all in for Lonzo Ball.. **** man don't ruin it for us!

Scoots
02-23-2017, 11:40 PM
You think Noel brings more impact than Demarcus Cousins? Honestly I think Denver holds on to the 8th seed. Their O is super high caliber right now.

This deal sort of shows us that Cuban does not believe in his recruiting abilities. Because theoretically he could have got Noel for no players or picks if he just signed him to the max in the off-season.

The Mavs are 3 games back of the 8th spot in the loss column and they have the best coach of the teams above them and the 8th spot and they needed a healthy mobile shot blocking rebounding center. Also I think the Mavs will adjust better and faster to their new players than the Pels.

I'm not betting on it ... but the Mavs are certainly in with a shot now.

Yogi, Seth, Matthews, Harris, Barnes, Powell, Nowitzki, Noel is a little small and a little defensively challenged but they are skilled enough and have enough above average defenders to challenge for a playoff spot.

Scoots
02-23-2017, 11:45 PM

The Warriors first tradable 1st is 2019. This year's 1st and their next 4 2nds are already gone and 1st can't be traded in successive years.

Scoots
02-23-2017, 11:46 PM
So a heavily protected first this year or 2 2nds ... I knew the Sixers fans dreams would not be fulfilled ... but I'm surprised they didn't get more.

TrueFan420
02-24-2017, 12:02 AM
So a heavily protected first this year or 2 2nds ... I knew the Sixers fans dreams would not be fulfilled ... but I'm surprised they didn't get more.

I'm just happy that we might have a chance at getting Bogut back if they cut him

Mr.B
02-24-2017, 12:19 AM
That's kind of my point though. They will be good enough to be competitive, but not good enough to be any more than a low-seeded playoff team. And that's kinda the worst place to be. Trust me, right after the Tracy/Yao era ended when Alexander didn't want to tank, Morey was good enough at his job for the Rockets to get the last lottery pick (14th) for three consecutive years. And those three years truly sucked.

It's not like this is the last trade the Mavs will ever make. As the Dirk era comes to an end they will continue to make moves. I'm just glad they going with a youth movement and staying away from trying to go after a "big fish" in free agency. I'm tired of swinging and missing. Put all the resources in acquiring talented young players.

Mr.B
02-24-2017, 12:22 AM
No doubt, I'm happy for Noel, probably one of the best situations he could've ended up in.

He will flourish in Dallas and if you play him at the 5 (where he belongs) he'll get back to his 11 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 bpg, 2 spg ways that made him such an intriguing prospect in his rookie year. He is one of the most versatile defenders in the league and i'm glad he'll get the minutes to show it in Dallas.

He's definitely going to get a ton of minutes with the Mavs and without a doubt he'll be the starting 5. They view him as a young Tyson Chandler which fits perfectly in Carlisle's system.

Mr.B
02-24-2017, 12:26 AM
yea Noel isnt adding that many wins. theyll prob pass the kings for obvious reasons but thats about it.

Yea they still need to add some pieces to really be a playoff contender. Losing DWill may actually cost them a couple wins (which I'm perfectly ok with). They need to lose as many games as possible to get the best pick they can in this draft. They need a starting PG.

Also I see the Pelicans grabbing that 8th seed. I way the Mavs pass them. Not this year anyways.

Mr.B
02-24-2017, 12:29 AM

Cuban's recruiting abilities really have nothing to do with it. NBA free agents just don't want to sign on to play in Dallas, at least not the marquee ones don't. They never have. Cuban is just finally realizing it. Their bread and butter when acquiring talent has ALWAYS been through trades.

Jamiecballer
02-24-2017, 12:52 AM
Enjoy your colangelo Philly hahaha

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

koldjerky
02-24-2017, 11:50 AM
The two 2nd rounders are 2017 and 2020. :laugh2:

TheDish87
02-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Let me remind you he is 22

so is Anthony bennett....

YAALREADYKNO
02-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Mavs have never really signed a big named FA as far as I can remember. Eric Dampier was the last guy they gave really big money to. I don't even expect anything from the mavs in the draft or FA anymore TBH. That 11 championship the key pieces were brought in from trades.