PDA

View Full Version : Make a Prediction

More-Than-Most
02-22-2017, 02:50 AM
Make a prediction on what trades will go down and what teams will get in return before the deadline ends... things should really heat up tomorrow.

Do not under value a trade just so you can scream rape when a trade goes down... Example Butlr and the celtics and so on... We want realistic predictions.

PhillyFaninLA
02-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Okafor for McDermott and a first or Bradley and a first (Celtics not Brooklyns)

Heediot
02-22-2017, 09:29 AM
To NYK
Brooklyn Pick
Jamal Crawford
Amir Johnson

To LAC
Carmelo Anthony
Jae Crowder
Terry Rozier

To Bos
Blake Griffin
Paul Pierce

mightybosstone
02-22-2017, 09:47 AM
To NYK
Brooklyn Pick
Jamal Crawford
Amir Johnson

To LAC
Carmelo Anthony
Jae Crowder
Terry Rozier

To Bos
Blake Griffin
Paul Pierce

I do think there's a chance Melo gets dealt to the Clippers, but there's zero chance it happens in a deal like this. Griffin isn't going anywhere.

Heediot
02-22-2017, 09:57 AM
I do think there's a chance Melo gets dealt to the Clippers, but there's zero chance it happens in a deal like this. Griffin isn't going anywhere.

Rumors from Zach Lowe, Clippers and Boston had discussions revolving around BG. The chances are slim, but not Zero.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18727231/zach-lowe-jimmy-butler-boston-celtics-latest-nba-trade-deadline-talk

Green_Monster
02-22-2017, 10:10 AM

Why would the Celtics trade a better player and add a first to it?

RaJAxTWa
02-22-2017, 10:38 AM
To NYK
Brooklyn Pick
Jamal Crawford
Amir Johnson

To LAC
Carmelo Anthony
Jae Crowder
Terry Rozier

To Bos
Blake Griffin
Paul Pierce

Brooklyn pick?? I'm guessing your a Knicks fan

ManRam
02-22-2017, 11:08 AM
The trade deadline almost always disappoints. We've already got one huge and bizarre trade, and I feel like that might be it.

I think Melo wields his NTC. I think Jimmy stays put. Boston refuses to move the BK pick. Some smaller moves...like the Magic will almost certainly do something. But I think the only star has already been traded.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Why would the Celtics trade a better player and add a first to it?

Agreed ... I wouldn't trade Bradley for okafor straight up

mudvayne387
02-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Melo gets dealt to LA except it's not the Clippers, it's the Lakers.

LAL: Anthony/Holiday

NYK: Clarkson/Randle/Calderon

Green_Monster
02-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Agreed ... I wouldn't trade Bradley for okafor straight up

Yeah, no NBA GM would. Bradley is a very good defender averaging 18/7/2 on good efficiency.

Then he wants the Celtics to add a first on top of that. I thought the thread creator asked for realistic predictions. :laugh2:

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 11:41 AM
bucks trade giannis for a future 2nd rd pick after jkidd offers his advice like the MCW ordeal.

JOSKOMANG4
02-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Celtics will make moves, but not the moves that ppl want.

Trade 1: Acquire F/C T.Gibson & F D.Mcdermott from the Bulls for F/C A.Johnson, G/F James Young, and the Clippers 2019 1st rd pick.

Trade 2: Trade 2017 2nd rd pick & C T.Zeller to the Mavericks for C A.Bogut.

Celtics Depth Chart:

Bogut/Olynyk
Horford/Gibson/Mickey
Crowder/Mcdermott/Jerebko
Bradley/Brown/Green
Thomas/Smart/Rozier/Jackson

mightybosstone
02-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Melo gets dealt to LA except it's not the Clippers, it's the Lakers.

LAL: Anthony/Holiday

NYK: Clarkson/Randle/Calderon

Yeah, I don't think that's happening either. The Lakers just dumped one of their most productive players for trash. They're clearly going full tank mode here. Acquiring Melo would totally contradict that direction.

mudvayne387
02-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I don't think that's happening either. The Lakers just dumped one of their most productive players for trash. They're clearly going full tank mode here. Acquiring Melo would totally contradict that direction.

That is a good point, I wasn't taking into account the Williams move.

GiantsSwaGG
02-22-2017, 12:40 PM
I'll be making love to my wife before the trade deadline

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Would the 76ers trade Colangelo for Jkidd? Who gets hte better end of that? Lose-lose all around?

PhillyFaninLA
02-22-2017, 05:20 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jz7mw6f

Pacers also get Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap, we get a future 1st round pick back, maybe a 2019 or 2020 unprotected pick

AntiG
02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
To NYK
Brooklyn Pick
Jamal Crawford
Amir Johnson

To LAC
Carmelo Anthony
Jae Crowder
Terry Rozier

To Bos
Blake Griffin
Paul Pierce
:laugh2:

IndyRealist
02-22-2017, 06:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jz7mw6f

Pacers also get Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap, we get a future 1st round pick back, maybe a 2019 or 2020 unprotected pick

I don't think the Pacers want Okafor if they are trading PG. If George goes it's a full rebuild around Turner, and Okafor doesn't fit that anymore than he does next to Embiid.

Wade n Fade
02-22-2017, 06:22 PM
My predictions: Miami does absolutely nothing. Melo stays in NY. Toronto ends up with PJ Tucker.

PhillyFaninLA
02-22-2017, 06:24 PM
I don't think the Pacers want Okafor if they are trading PG. If George goes it's a full rebuild around Turner, and Okafor doesn't fit that anymore than he does next to Embiid.

That is why I said you also get the Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap we have.....if you don't know the specifics here is what the deal is non trade machine:

Pacer:
Okafor
Covington
Better first round pick of the Pacers and Kings this year
Lakers pick top 3 protected this year or no protection next year

If you rebuild then you could have 2 top 10 picks this year

Sixers:
Paul George

IndyRealist
02-22-2017, 06:32 PM
That is why I said you also get the Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap we have.....if you don't know the specifics here is what the deal is non trade machine:

Pacer:
Okafor
Covington

Sixers:
Paul George

I'd rather have Noel than Okafor, but I'm guessing you would too.

PhillyFaninLA
02-22-2017, 06:34 PM
I'd rather have Noel than Okafor, but I'm guessing you would too.

I'm not trading the Lakers pick and the Kings swap if someone wants Noel...also keep in mind he is restricted, what would you pay him to keep.

edit:

For the record, I wouldn't trade the Lakers pick, I think that is more valuable then just about any player we would get back, but I understand that in a Paul George or Jimmy Butler deal we probably need to include both the Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap.

IndyRealist
02-22-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm not trading the Lakers pick and the Kings swap if someone wants Noel...also keep in mind he is restricted, what would you pay him to keep.

edit:

For the record, I wouldn't trade the Lakers pick, I think that is more valuable then just about any player we would get back, but I understand that in a Paul George or Jimmy Butler deal we probably need to include both the Lakers pick and the Kings pick swap.

Almost have me convinced. Throw in McConnell and you can have Aaron Brooks or Joe Young back to fill in until you get a replacement.

bostncelts34
02-22-2017, 07:19 PM

Might be the worst Celtics trade thought I have heard....

Bradley is a far superior player to Okafor...and the Celtics give a first round pick? lol

timz-a-changin
02-22-2017, 07:25 PM
My prediction... Kings shock the world and make the playoffs... pelicans end last in the west. Kings get the first pick in the draft and beat the Warriors in the first round and go on to win the finals against the knicks

Pfeifer
02-22-2017, 07:39 PM
I'll be making love to my wife before the trade deadline

Giggity

Giannis94
02-22-2017, 07:41 PM
My prediction... Kings shock the world and make the playoffs... pelicans end last in the west. Kings get the first pick in the draft and beat the Warriors in the first round and go on to win the finals against the knicks

not possible as the pick is top 3 protected

Rivera
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Celtics and there fans become upset because Danny doesnt make a move

As close as they will get to Jimmy Buckets, I believe when its time, Chicago will get cold feet and not make the deal

I dont believe that PG13 will get traded or Blake, dont see it, I believe they wanted to test to see but that is it, basically dip there toe just to say they did

Okafor to the Bulls for Doug E Fresh (that is the basis of the trade, im sure there will be other moving parts) is my prediction for the biggest trade at the deadline

tp13baby
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM

Pacer:
Okafor
Covington

Sixers:
Paul George

If there is no fit in Indiana for him, Okafor becomes nearly worthless in a trade. Throwing him in any deal just to throw in an asset doesn't work.

Green_Monster
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM

Pacer:
Okafor
Covington

Sixers:
Paul George

It would be the better pick of the 76'ers and Kings. You don't magically trade which teams pick the Kings would get back.

LeonFSU
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately, my prediction is that the Magic will do something stupid.

Dade County
02-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Melo gets traded to N.O (he waives his no trade clause). This sets off a chain reaction & the Clips trade Cp3 (fearing that Cp3 will sign back with N.O in the offseason).

Clips contact Boston & up the trade package...

Cp3 & Blake to Boston

Isaiah Tomas & both the Net's 1st rd picks to the Clips.

Boston keeps it's depth, & the Clips go into mini rebuild.

... ..... .....

Pat Riley pulls off a trade, getting two star players, while keeping Whiteside. The End. :hi5:

LOb0
02-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Jimmy Butler to the Celtcs for Crowder, Nets 2017 first and cap fodder (Likely Amir)

Vinny642
02-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Terrence Jones for either a 2 guard or a 2dn round pick to clear up a roster spot for Hollis Thompson

xxplayerxx23
02-23-2017, 05:09 AM
Melo gets traded to N.O (he waives his no trade clause). This sets off a chain reaction & the Clips trade Cp3 (fearing that Cp3 will sign back with N.O in the offseason).

Clips contact Boston & up the trade package...

Cp3 & Blake to Boston

Isaiah Tomas & both the Net's 1st rd picks to the Clips.

Boston keeps it's depth, & the Clips go into mini rebuild.

... ..... .....

Pat Riley pulls off a trade, getting two star players, while keeping Whiteside. The End. :hi5:

Lol yeah ok

mudvayne387
02-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Rubio for Rose seems to be a no brainer for both teams so I am going to predict that it happens.

I am a little baffled as to why people are so hard on Rubio though. He is an elite passer and defender. His shot is terrible but he does get to the line and make his free throws. Rubio/Porzingis/Hernangomez is at least a solid start to getting the Knicks back on track. Just have to find a way to move Anthony in the off season.